[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever ran into a celeb while traveling? https://www

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: mqdefault.jpg (13KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
13KB, 320x180px
Have you ever ran into a celeb while traveling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlg1Y_n_YMU
>>
Yes, but they were Indian celebs, not American celebs.
>>
what is this vapid cunt
>>
>>1111139
i used to work on hayman island (aus) and katy perry & mariah carey just checked in.

a clouple of weeks later i just saw johnny depp in his room, hes short af and was high as a motherfucker
>>
Given a loose enough definition of celebrity, yes.
Ran into Jesse Jackson in Qatar-- having dinner in a seafood place, he was over there to make some money... I mean, to make a speech... about minorities and politics.

I had worked on some political campaigns (not on the same side as the Rev.) and we talked political life for maybe 2o minutes.

Also ran into James Carville on a trip to Colombia -- he'd been consulting for a successful presidential candidate down there, I was just going to visit some friends. He was unapproachable as fuck, kind of a jerk.

Oh, and ran into Congressman/former NFL QB Jack Kemp long ago, in an airport, when he was running for President. His nose was peeling from a sunburn and he kissed my wife.
>>
>>1111191
Not sure how you'd be able to tell if Depp was high, or just Depp.
>>
>>1111139
I met a semi-famous tv-star/singer when backpacking.
She wasn't backpacking, she was staying in a posh as fuck hotel but I met her in a bar in Singapore. We hooked up and fucked in her hotel. She basically kicked me out afterwards, kept an eye on me in case I stole her phone or something. She was pretty paranoid but I don't blame her.

She has an image as a nice-girl virgin so I never tell anyone her name.
>>
>Be 2013
>flying back from England into Chicago
>waiting for bag check with mom
>guy standing next to me
>he picks up a guitar from bag check and leaves with his son
>my mom says "he has to be a rock star"
>go home, don't think about it
>next day
>mom comes in
>"That guy is bob Dylan's guitar player"
>remember Bob Dylan was doing a few shows in London while we were there
That's cool i guess
>>
>>1111540

I fucked her too dw bro, me and you will keep it a secret to our graves.
>>
I once walked out of a hotel while Slash was walking in.

I didn't realize it was him, until I heard a bunch of people talking about Slash. I was more interested in his wife.
>>
caught a flight with Ryan Gosling and Michael Cera once.
>>
Once The Temptations were on the same flight as I was - St. Louis to Chicago.

Unfortunately I was like 10 or something so I didn't know who they were. Just that everyone wanted their autographs
>>
File: 65788729.jpg (166KB, 374x497px) Image search: [Google]
65788729.jpg
166KB, 374x497px
Only Belgians will know this guy, but anyway. I had the same flight from Corsica back to Brussels, a couple of years ago. He was looking very unhealthy though, and not really approachable.
>>
>>1111139
>Have you ever ran into a celeb while traveling?
If this is something you actively like when traveling? Then, go to film festivals. You'll be in the minority, where 75% will be actual celebrities in various fields, a good 10% will be recognizable to the common person.

Go to one of the major chef-centered food festivals..SoBe..Cayman Cookout..Aspen.. This is another 50% celebrity attendee kind of event, because celebrities also watch and idolize chefs and fine food like the common people.

Travel to places that have a season, and be there during the season.

Having lived in Washington, NY, Miami, have to say you probably see them every other day when you leave your house, from the next table over at a restaurant, to off hours shopping. If you don't work 9 to 5, you'll see them more, actually. Get into some kind of social network, where you get VIP entrances to clubs, grand openings of restaurants, charity things like tournaments or special cocktail parties before the kickoffs of the such and such, like the HeartWalk, or new exhibit at the musuem or upcoming art gallery thingie. You'll soon be in the loop!

While traveling, I've done a lot of buddy passes, so often see them in First Class with me.
>>
I fingered that chick from crystal castles back when she called herself "Maggie" and lived in her mom's mansion in Rosedale.
>>
It makes sense that airports and planes are good opportunities to run into celebrities. I once had the entire TNA Wrestling roster on a flight from London to Atlanta. Kurt Angle, Al Snow, the lot.

At the baggage area I bumped into Hulk Hogan. I got a 'congratulations, brother' from him when I said I was getting married. He neither tried to have sex with nor racially abused my wife, so it was a good encounter.
>>
>>1111618
I have no idea who you're talking about, but this sounds like a really solid story.
>>
>>1111608

You go to the pussycat?
>>
>>1111618

That is absolutely excellent. Kudos to you pal. Next time i'm listening to CC, i'll think of you
>>
>>1111553
>>"That guy is bob Dylan's guitar player"
Sitting at a restaurant in Grand Cayman, probably Champion House, I forget...but it had a local jerk guy who set up a grill one day a week and supplemented the restaurant's outdoor dining area. Noticed that at the next table, a guy alone..with a guitar case in the chair next to him, having dinner. Sister and I see the waiter talk to him, and so at our table, whisper to the waiter, "who's that?"...ZOMG, you don't know Shaggy?!!? Nope.
>>
I met that Kazakh volleyball player in Almaty. Not a celeb to most, but to us Internet bros she sure is.
>>
I saw Jennifer Aniston at a Starbucks in the Seattle airport. Also was on a flight to London with Pete Wentz one time, he's a short ass dude.
>>
I've seen the (former)Prime Minister of Thailand Abbaset (SP?) first was at a BTS station in Bangkok, when he was running for election, the other two times were at the airport in Hat Yai, when he was Prime Minister.

I had a job, where for overtime we worked as Immigration Inspectors, this was at SFO. While working there Carlos Santana came through my line. There was also a famous Mexican movie star ID never heard of.
>>
I saw Taylor Swift a few times last summer when I looked in my mirror.
>>
>>1111834
did u fugg :DDDDD
What I would've give to be there with my wife sack.
>>
>>1111535
>unapproachable as fuck, kind of a jerk.
>involved with the Clintons
Not surprised.
>>
File: o-SUSAN-BOYLE-facebook.jpg (294KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-SUSAN-BOYLE-facebook.jpg
294KB, 2000x1000px
>>1111540
>She has an image as a nice-girl virgin so I never tell anyone her name.
You're on 4chan, mate. You don't have to be worried, she's a big girl and can take care of herself.
>>
>>1112426
>Boyle
top kek
Not her but I keked.

If it was her, I wouldn't admit it anyway.
>>
>>1111139
Not that famous, but I went to another country (eurofag here) to see a band I really like (Moon Duo) who were making a European tour. This was the closest spot. I saw the concert (third time I had seen them) and spent the night at a hostel. Next morning, who do I see? THE BAND EATING EGGS AT A TABLE IN THE COMMON ROOM! Actually, it's just two people in the band plus their manager/merch dealer. I ate breakfast while working up the nerve to say hello. When I did, they were cool, the manager remembered me because I had a t-shirt from another band in the label stable (same guitarist in both bands).

I got a photo with them (I hate doing that paparazzi stuff, but they're literally my favourite band).

It's funny because when I checked in, the girl at the desk asked me what I was doing in town. When I said I was just here to see a concert, she goes "oh, which?" and when I said the band's name she smirked but didn't say anything. The next morning when she saw that I saw them, she smiled again. Good times.
>>
>>1111139
i ran into one of the richest guy from my city. he is one of the weathiest men in the world
>>
I once stayed at the same hotel as Bradley Walsh and Kym Marsh (if you're British you'll probably know who they are)

they're both lovely people, who were nothing but kind to a family of working class plebs like me

we went out shopping with them, ate at restaurants and all sorts
>>
Plenty but since celebrities are actually pretty normal people IRL any story is going to be pretty unremarkable.

Sean Penn
John Travolta
Brad Pitt
Angie Harmon
Burt Reynolds
Cuba Gooding Jr
Billy Bob Thornton
Bruce Willis

...that's off the top of my head

Lots of NBA/NFL players.
>>
>>1111574
Grow up anon Slash is just a fairytail
>>
In 2008, me and my family were in the same plane as Lee Chong Wei (Badminton player) heading to Beijing, China. Kinda surprised seeing him in an economy class seat. Got him to sign my bag when we landed since I didn't have my notebook. Sadly the signature faded away
>>
>>1112445
>It's funny because when I checked in, the girl at the desk asked me what I was doing in town. When I said I was just here to see a concert, she goes "oh, which?" and when I said the band's name she smirked but didn't say anything. The next morning when she saw that I saw them, she smiled again. Good times.

That's so fucking bro of her. Tell me she was hot.
>>
I've never ran into celebs while traveling but I met this guy from Stockholm and he says he sees Robyn all the time just doing normal people shit. I think that's pretty cool.

I did work at Soho house though so I've seen or served quite a lot of celebrities. It's true that they're like normal people at the end of the day, but in so many ways, they're not. Some celebrities just have this presence whenever they enter a room and it's pretty cool to see. And that's coming from someone who doesn't get starstruck/really care much for pop culture. One thing I find funny is that so many celebs are actually a normal height but for some reason I expected them to be so much taller. A lot of them have big heads as well (literally) and I guess they just get naturally selected over time because it fills a screen better.
>>
>>1111139
bitch, I AM the celebrity
>>
File: waifuandme.jpg (45KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
waifuandme.jpg
45KB, 540x960px
>>1112413
Yep, sealed the deal after her mum took our pic. We've got twins on the way ;-)
>>
File: trek hands up.jpg (115KB, 960x703px) Image search: [Google]
trek hands up.jpg
115KB, 960x703px
I rode in an elavator with Nichelle Nichols, George Takei and Walter Koenig when I was visiting DC one time. Apparently there was a Start Trek convention in the hotel

Protip: Other than seeing cast members in the elevator, there is no up side to staying in a hotel where there is a Trek convention.
>>
>>1111618
Maggie Glass?
I finally just realized her name is a play on Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
>>
i sat next to Buzz Aldrin on a plane from LAX to YVR, but we only talked for about 30 minutes as i had a decent sized edible before and passed out.
>>
>>1112643
Nah mate she was just a rich girl from Toronto, one of those spoiled brat attention whore types, you know the usual punk rock slutty teenagers... I believe her birth name is in fact alice but her "punk name" was Maggie. Her mom paid for an apartment when she was 16 and she used to brag that it was a "squat".

Had a thrashed pussy even back then
>>
>>1112532
>John Travolta
>pretty normal people

I take exception to that one.
>>
>>1112809
It was actually a few years before his son died, John was carrying Jett everywhere on his shoulders while Kelly was with Ella.

This was in Coeur D'Alene btw
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.