[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What areas around Texas are fun? I'm flying from Norway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (240KB, 1009x603px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
240KB, 1009x603px
What areas around Texas are fun? I'm flying from Norway to Houston in June, trying to decide where to go after and where to fly home from.

I'm considering a rough itinerary of Houston - New Orleans - Memphis - Atlanta, probably with two weeks after leaving Houston. I like going to small music venues, cycling/hiking and cooking, just to name some things.
>>
>>1096572
>What areas around Texas are fun?

None really. I like Texas but for the most part that isn't their culture. They'll tell you it's fun, but you won't enjoy it.

You may enjoy Memphis.
>>
>>1096574
I was kinda worried to hear that. What about Nashville?
>>
>>1096572

It's gonna be pretty horrible weather here in June, but Austin's got a lot of great food and live music everywhere.
>>
File: version5.jpg (16KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
version5.jpg
16KB, 500x312px
fyi, that's shitloads of driving.
>>
File: 30456054525.jpg (33KB, 473x360px) Image search: [Google]
30456054525.jpg
33KB, 473x360px
>>1096572
>Atlanta
>>
>>1096572
While in Texas see if you can get a dish washing job. Make friends with restaurant staff and one of them might invite you back to their place for beers and an Astros game, or to watch NCIS.
>>
>>1096572
Atlanta is probably best to fly out of. Here is a great small music venue there:

http://www.centerstage-atlanta.com/shows/
>>
Fair warning that Texas is fucking massive. Europeans always, always, always underestimate how much driving around they'll need to do to complete the US itineraries they make for themselves.

That said, my favorite cities in the region you're visiting are New Orleans and Nashville. Dallas is several hours in the opposite direction from Houston, but I lived there for a while and loved it.
>>
File: 1459104694986.jpg (75KB, 529x401px) Image search: [Google]
1459104694986.jpg
75KB, 529x401px
>>1096572
Well, what do you consider fun?
I live in Houston and I have a pretty good time going to shooting ranges, there's also a few bowling alleys around town, and the museum district always has some interesting exhibits.
Galveston has a few nice attractions, including a new pier with some carnival rides.
Austin may be degenerate, but I'd be lying if I said it's boring. They got 6th street bar-hopping and if you do some research before-hand you can probably find a concert or event you might like.

>>1096664 is right about the size of Texas, it's also good to consider a city's local traffic.
>>
>>1096572
Well, might want to stay on I-10 after seeing Houston proper, which should include the space center, and galveston, I guess.
Houston-Lake Charles-New Orleans, then due East through Alabama, hit the panhandle of Florida, from Destin to Panama City, through Tampa's music and beaches, then Sarasota for some museums. Might keep going and fly home out of Ft Myers, or even down further to Miami and some fun in the Everglades.

I honestly can't recommend Atlanta for a damn thing. But, Memphis, you might like, though it can be quite similar to some of the stops on I-10 and new orleans venues. If you do go that direction, might meander to Stone Mountain or Savannah, or even up to Virginia, fly out of Washington to go home..
>>
>>1096572
Houston sucks, go to Austin. Lots more music, social bike ride groups, and liberal atmosphere. It's still texas, but it's the best part of Texas imo
>>
File: tumblr.jpg (35KB, 525x730px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.jpg
35KB, 525x730px
>>1097017
>liberal atmosphere
Is that supposed to be a good thing?
>>
>>1097052
Are conservative atmosphere's supposed to be better and more exciting?
>>
>>1097017
That sounds great and all until you realize that half your trip is inside a car while in traffic.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.