[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me green text my current situation > 25 yo > mechanical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1457722122973.jpg (743KB, 1126x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1457722122973.jpg
743KB, 1126x1091px
Let me green text my current situation

> 25 yo
> mechanical engineer
> been depressed for years
> without job but almost 1 year of experience

I'm sick of this situation. I’m from Spain and it’s impossible to find a fucking job here (unemployment rate for young people is almost 50% kek).
I want to leave this fucking country asap. I would like to find a job abroad, and if it’s possible, related with my studies. I’m thinking of going for example to Ireland or UK (or USA why not?) and live in a hostel until I find a suitable job. I know this process can last from some weeks to several months but I don’t care as long as it helps me to put my shit together.
I would like to work in the hostel where I live in exchange for free accommodation until I find a job. Do you think it’s feasible or it’s retarded?

Please help me sharing similar experiences.
>>
The Spanish have a reputation for being lazy. Why can't you get a job in McDonalds or a coffee shop to save up money until you find something better?

You can't just decide to move to the USA and go. You need to sponsored by a company for a H1B visa or else marry an American. Don't bother moving to Ireland or the UK. The blacks and Muslims have already taken all the jobs at hostels and coffee shops etc.
>>
>>1094502
>until I find a job
No. Find a job before you go somewhere, doing it in reverse is far more risky.
>>
>Ireland to find a job
Good idea, or Greece.

Can Spanish citizens get working holiday visas for New Zealand or Australia? It only allows you to work for six months, but you can definitely get a high-paying engineering job with a contractor, and if you're good you might even get a sponsorship for a proper work visa.
>>
>>1094502
Well, you can't just work in the US because you want to. It's a process. Spain doesn't have any reason to emigrate here except to take jobs. So, go look in Cuba or other S. American/C. American places were a mechanical engineer might be in need. Or go retrain. Go to some airline mechanic/helicopter maintenance academy. Then see if you're in hot demand.
>>
>>1094502
why don't you send your CV to UK/Swiss/German companies? my brother makes 2000 euros a month in Germany without a degree and without speaking German
>>
>>1094649
What is his work ?
>>
>>1094649
wtf how can it even be possible?
>>
You can definitely find something in the UK.

But I strongly recommend you set up an interview BEFORE you come over as they are usually willing to pay for travel costs which is a big bonus.

My company has engineers from Italy, France US etc. There's always demand for people with 2nd languages, sometimes more than Brits themselves.
>>
>>1094745
Is it possible to set up an interview if you mention your english is upper-intermediate lvl? In other words, can I still work there if my english is not perfect?
>>
>>1094751
Doesn't have to be perfect but you have to be able to converse in a technical environment if you want an engineering position.

I've worked with people from Spain recently and some of them were hard to understand.

Best thing is to just give it a go, some companies also offer phone interviews where they can judge your proficiency in English. If they ask you along for a face to face after a phone interview then you know they are okay with it.
>>
>>1094502
Aussie here. My roomate is Scottish and hes an engineer. On a work visa and hopes to be a citizen in a few months , then get better paying work i that field. Come to Australia bro, we'll welcome ya.
>>
>>1095443
OP here. Can I be your slave in exchange of accomodation?
>>
Join the U.S. Air Force, use your degree and become a U.S. citizen.
>>
>>1095469
What? Is this actually possible to do if I'm a foreigner?
>>
>>1095471

Yes they have a Naturalization through Military Service Program.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/naturalization-through-military-service-fact-sheet
>>
>>1094502
have u consider the whitest nation of the earth aka Argentina? you can't compare salaries with USA or UK, but there's a lack of engineers here
>>
>>1094502
Why the fuck don't you consider Latin America ffs?!
>>
not op here
>>1095505
just engineers or Argentina is looking for STEM (engineers, chemists, physics, etc..) in general?

>>1096039
Countries in latin america? Their economies don't seem okay at this time. How is the situation there right now?

Thanks guys.
>>
Go to the USA. Europeans will assume you are lazy cause you are a Spaniard. They will think you're gonna take siesta and shit.

The USA knows nothing about Spanish stereotypes.
>>
>>1094649
Explain
>>
>>1096069
Try México, guadalajara city or something in the south
>>
>>1094502
a friend did helpx.com in Europe, you might want to try that.

>>1094600
do you need to be in Aus or NZ to get a job there? I'll have my engineering papers from Canada soon and I'd like to travel pretty soon.
>>
File: 1456648204597.png (9KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
1456648204597.png
9KB, 426x364px
>>1096137
Please give more information about what your friend did with helpx, was the experience good? Where did he go? I checked the website, seems interesting
>>
>>1096163
She and her boyfriend worked in France for... a winter I think? On a ski hill maybe? I don't remember the details, it's our moms who are close friend but we've both moved out so I haven't talked with her in a while.

Helpx is one of those 'bed and board for work' things, won't pay too well, but you should be able to live rent-free and look for paid work while you're there. I considered doing it after graduation but I found work in Canada before my EU passport got renewed.
>>
>>1096079
about what?
STEM positions?
>>
>>1096074
America is already saturated with engineers. Unless OP wants to compete with chinks and poodians on H1B's working for min wage it's not a good idea. American engineers are already having a hard time finding work too.
>>
*BUMP*
>>1096611
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.