[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend wants me to plan a trip for me and him to "a god

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Always_burma.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Always_burma.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
My friend wants me to plan a trip for me and him to "a god forsaken third world shithole" this January. Now third-world shitholes are my preferred areas to visit which is why he is wanting me to do the planning (he has only ever visited Europe) however the largest problem I am running into is time constraints. We are only going to have around 10-11 days total to visit where we are going so it limits us greatly.

Burma
>fly into Mandalay
>Check out Bagan
>possibly check out Yangon

India
>fly into Mumbai
>then head to Delhi

I would greatly prefer going to Burma because it is a dream spot of mine and my wife does not want to visit (so the perfect trip to do without her), however due to the logistics of traveling around Burma I think India may be more realistic. Given 10-11 days do you think I could knock this small trip of Burma out? My friend and I have plenty of money to spend on shit like personal drivers between cities and such.
>>
>>1092920
Most of the cities in Myanmar are linked by air, and the flights aren't terribly expensive. I'll take a $100 flight over losing a day and a half on the road, at least, if there are time constraints.
>>
>>1092920
I hope you at realize the amount of privilege you have by being able to call other nations "third world shitholes".
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>1093072
>>
>>1093082
Checked. He didn't.
>>
>>1093072
I hope you realize the amount of privilege you have to quibble over standard harmless terminology on a Tibetan throat singing forum.
>>
India has more history. Burma is just a totalitarian shithole
>>
>>1092920
I'll vote Burma. Each year it will modernize and change a little more. Time to go is now.
>>
>>1093072
Yeah, it's pretty great isn't it? I often stop and just appreciate how lucky I am for having been born in the US. Seems like I got dealt a pretty good hand considering how many terrible places there are to have been potentially been born.
>>
>>1093072
Pls be b8
>>
Burma isn't a shithole. A friend of mine has showed me a lot of his pictures from there last year and I'll go there this summer myself. Cheap? Absolutely. Shithole? Far from it. Looks like an amazing country.

You want a shithole check out India.
>>
>>1092920
i travelled around burma just fine.
there are first class busses with air condition that drive through most of the country. everything is clean and tidy and as long as you have us-$ in good condition you can buy almost everything you want.

meanwhile people in india shit in their designated shitting streets and dirty slums
>>
>>1093813
Burma is a beautiful country, but if you think it isnt a shithole like most third world countries you are insane.
>>
>>1094042
What makes a country a shithole? I would say its less of a shithole than america is
>>
>>1095407
>terrible health care
>race-based violence
>filthy streets
>huge drug and alcohol problem
>large sections of country isolated from basic services
>ridiculous restrictions on mobile phone plans
>shitty roads
>drive on the right hand side
>uses fahrenheit instead of celcius

it makes more sense than you first think
>>
>>1095775
>it makes more sense than you first think
If by "makes more sense" you mean "shit b8, m8" you're right.
>>
>>1095775
American healthcare is great. It's just expensive for no good reason.
>>
I'm in Burma now. It's definitely something you can do in 10 days:

1: Fly into Yangon
2: See the big Pagoda. It's worth seeing for all the Burmese people doing stuff around it. Go to one of the fashion show places at night and pick up a couple hookers.
3: Fly to Bagan, stay at Ostello Bello and join people for sunset via an E-bike.
4: Sunrise in Bagan, if you want to do the baloons (around $360pp) book at least a few days ahead even in low season. Then wander around Bagan on an E-bike.
5: Fly to Inle Lake, bike around a bit. There are bike routes to interesting spots online. Book a boat tour for the next day.
6: Boat tour of Inle Lake. Go to Intheon too.
7: Fly to Mandalay. Take a bus to Kyaukme.
8: Trekking in Kyaukme. Yes, not hsipaw.
9: Bus back to Mandalay

This is pretty much what I did. The hooker was disappointing the rest was great.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.