[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, first time poster here. I've had a job for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1414271762017.png (22KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1414271762017.png
22KB, 300x188px
Hey /trv/, first time poster here.

I've had a job for a few months that has opened up some pretty awesome doors for me in terms of finance. I just got told I was getting the last week and a half of this month paid off, so I'm free to do whatever. I've never been outside the USA aside from going to Canada once, and I wanna leave this continent and go somewhere. Trouble is, I'm so overwhelmed by all the possibilities that I'm having a hard time picking where I wanna go. Money isn't (too much) of an issue but I'd like to spend less than like 2500 dollars total. I'm 22 years old and have no attachments in terms of a significant other. I've spent a lot of my time camping and hiking, so I'm not looking to go to tourist traps and hang out in a fancy hotel my entire time. I'd rather check out cool bars and hang with the locals as much as possible and have a good time drinking, fighting, or fucking.

What would you guys suggest for a first timer? Europe seems fun, but I also like the idea of Asia or even New Zealand. It's hard to choose.
>>
Fighting?
>>
>>1088085

Go to Ecuador. You can hang with the locals, see the cool things, it's not expensive and people are generally friendly.
>>
Go to Thailand or Vietnam and rent a scooter. Watch out for ladyboys.
>>
>>1088103
Mostly just an expression- I'm not actually looking to get into a brawl.

I considered Thailand as well, but I also really like the idea of new Zealand. What's there to do in NZ?
>>
>>1088154
NZ is one of the best countries on earth for hiking but gor ten days IMO it would be a complete waste of time and resources, especially if you want to do the south island. You'll be in transit for 20% of your vacation time.
>>
>>1088106
His budget is right on for this, but 10 days isn't enough. 2 days will be lost to flying. He could see Bangkok, Koh Chang, and Siem Reap if he really wanted to.
But you will not really be hanging out with locals in these countries unless you speak the language or it's your tour guide inviting you along after hours.

>>1088105
Has the right idea, Central/South America is better for his time constraints and budget.

Anon, you can do what I did to determine my spring break. I picked the dates free and a starting airport on Skyscanner, hit go everywhere and looked at my options and picked Costa Rica for a total of $315 RT from D.C.
>>
>>1088171
I mean, I wouldn't be hiking the entire time, but I'd definitely like to take a day or two during my stay to check out a peak or something. Mostly I wanna do some hostel stuff and see the nightlife. I guess I want more of an experience than a vacation.
>>
>>1088106
That considering he can ride a scooter.
Or if he doesn't give a damn about safety.
>>
>>1088216
>considering he can ride a scooter

My only vehicle is a motorcycle. Scooters are baby school to me
>>
>>1088085
>I'd like to spend less than like 2500 dollars total.
>What would you guys suggest for a first timer? Europe seems fun, but I also like the idea of Asia or even New Zealand. It's hard to choose.
I think Asia and New Zealand are just not in your price range with the airfare. For a first timer, I'd suggest not leaving the country, but just exploring another city. You can feel like your in a foreign country in plenty of other places, whether Miami, New Orleans, Austin or Seattle. Go do a short trip with party on the brain, hit the nature a couple of days as well, and explore the food and drink, esp near a university or the tourists, and you'll hit all your points. If you get a nice rate to Europe, you'll be paying a lot on the ground, until you get far off the beaten path, or beyond central europe, and for a newb traveler? I dunno, not the best "first" trip of all.
>>
>>1088223
>stay in the US

Fuck that man, I've seen everything there is to see in the states- as far as I'm concerned, anyway. I wanna get off this continent.

And I guess I should clarify- airfare isn't included in my budget, I worded that poorly which is my fault.
>>
Bragging rights? When you return and wanna talk about your trip, get over to Europe then. And, stop in Iceland on the way to wherever you pick. Go clubbing every night in Hamburg or leipzig. Make your trip about something that interests you though, seeing a festival, a meteorological event, particular ruins or sight or painting or loving something, so you have some reason to do some research on it all. That makes it interesting. Are you into maritime stuff? skiing? museums? What would you want to do alone?
>>
>>1088226
My heart seems to keep pulling me to New Zealand. My friend told me about this thing called The Kiwi experience and it's like a bus that you ride with a bunch of other people and you stop at different places and cities to check it out and hang with locals. Any of you guys have experience with that? It sounds like it could be cool.
>>
>>1088229
When you've got this little imagination, isn't it great to be able to pay an accredited company to make every decision for you?
>>
>>1088327
>>Criticizing a guy who wants to take an easier route on his fucking first travel abroad.
>>
>>1088327
Yeah, it does seem pretty great. I'll let you all know how it goes. I wanna do some more in depth stuff later on, but for now I'm just dipping my toes.
>>
>>1088229
>like a bus that you ride with a bunch of other people and you stop at different places
that's literally the only place in the world they do that, too, is in NZ
>>
>>1088962
Yuor breddy good
>>
>>1088229
or Mac Backpackers in Scotland....
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.