[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camera thread. /p/ is for superficial douches and discourages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Camera thread. /p/ is for superficial douches and discourages questions. I am a cinematographer who likes to do photography from time to time. I want to know what you use and see what you've shot. I know a bit, ask questions and I'll answer.

I use a GH2 with a variety of Rokinon primes. Moving to a GH4. Looking at a D810.
>>
>>1060650
GH4 because 4K meem
>>
I use a d7100 and want to get into shooting more on my upcoming trips. Looking at buying an action camera now but don't want to spend a huge amount on a gopro.

Do you have any suggestions for cheap camera sliders? I would prefer something similar to sliderplus but that price is very steep. I'm hoping to buy something for around $100.
>>
How bout you use your fucking eyes on a trip and not film the whole thing with a so called action cam. Eh?
>>
I want to buy the Ricoh GR ii , that camera looks amazing.. I'd be selling my nikon d7000, because I want something tinier that would allow me to secretly take photos so I can capture as it truly is...

Sorry for rant.
>>
File: DSC01178s.jpg (198KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01178s.jpg
198KB, 700x900px
>>1060650
I use a D810 and having changed from a D300 absolutely love it. Key plus is the low light performance ISO 8000 on the D810 is hardly noticably different in IQ from ISO100 so night or floodlit sports shots are relatively easy. Key minus is the weight, with a decent lens (28-300) it weighs around 4lbs. That notices after a day carrying it around. (pic is ISO8000 1/800 F5.3). I don't video so I can't comment on its video capabilities.
>>
>>1060839

Poor composition there. Also, needs way more bokeh.
>>
>>1060650

I use a sony a7, I absolutely love it - I can use old minolta lenses with an adaptor and it doesnt take up a lot of space, it charges with a micro usb which is the same as my phone
>>
>>1060702
OP here, speaking from experience, cheap sliders bend. And if you mount them dead center, which most are designed to be mounted on a tripod that way, you will get "bowing" from full left to full right and you will notice a good rotation of the composition.

If you buy a cheap slider, make sure it has a firm support from one end to the other to support nothing less than 10 lbs, even if you don't plan on using that heavy of equipment. Otherwise you will have to push in and counter rotate in post. Nothing that isn't too problematic, just an extra step that can be prevented.

>>1060837
The Ricoh GR II isn't bad, but I need something a bit more professional. That is a great consumer camera and the quality from examples I've seen are pretty good for that price.

>>1060853
Thought about that too. Still weighing my options. Decisions decisions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.