[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm travelling to London in December. Can /trv/ recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

I'm travelling to London in December. Can /trv/ recommend me some places there? I prefer tech museums, good bars, parks, zoo?!. I'm 21 years old if that matters
>>
>zoo

ew
>>
Trisha's
>>
Tate modern.
>>
>>1057895

This, and in addition Banksy Tunnel
>>
I found this site where you download coupons for top attractions, which you can then use with a train ticket to get 50% discount for 2 people.

https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/2for1-london

London eye, Madame Tussauds, ZOO, Dungeons, Tower...

I suppose you can use a ticket for more attractions. Or is it just for one time?
>>
Madison Bar is pretty amazing. It directly overlooks St Pauls and for my money has one of the best views of London available. Bars in general you want to head to Shoreditch.

For tech museums obviously there's the Science Museum, but also you can go see a bunch of other little bits and pieces scattered around the city. There's also the Royal Observatory at Greenwich Park which is also worth a look.

Parks are going to be a bit of a wash out in December I'm afraid, and to be honest I think that most London parks are a little overrated. Hyde Park is probably the best substantial park in central London, but I personally prefer Greenwich Park. I think I'd actually take Highgate Cemetery over any of them though. Marx is buried there amongst others. Very interesting, very peaceful.

The only zoo is London Zoo which I've never actually been to. Supposed to be alright though. Absolutely under no circumstances bother with the aquarium.
>>
>>1057660
If you want a jaunt into the countryside, go to Bletchley Park.

Its where all the codebreakers were based in WW2. Pretty good, only half an hour from King's Cross. Plus the area around it is nice too.
>>
>>1059043
Greenwich in general is worth a visit, tons of nice pubs in the town centre and an antiques market on certain days too.

>tfw remembering I live so close to such a lovely place
>>
>>1059057

Yes! If you're at all interested in the history of computing it's fucking awesome. Also you can see some of the bits and pieces of the prototype Analytic Enginge at the Science Museum. It's the world's first computer, it had an if function, and was Turing complete. Never finished, but in theory it worked, and it was planned in the 1830s for fuck's sake.
>>
If you like history go to the British Museum and visit St. Paul's cathedral. Great view across London at the very top too.
>>
Born and raised in London. Check timeout before you go, the best stuff to do is generally seasonal or exhibition based.

Under no circumstances visit the following:

London Dungeon
London Eye
Madame Tussauds
London Dungeon
Harry Potter World
Angus Steakhouse
Rainforest cafe
>>
Victoria and albert museum. It's amazing.
Right next to the Natural history museum and the sci museum.

Those three in a row is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>1059073

Fun fact: it took Babbage's Difference Engine nearly three days to complete one "Amusing Feline Engraving".
>>
>>1059135
Yep, as another born and bred Londoner, I agree 100% with this anon. They are al rip-offs, bigtime.

Good parks: loads of em. St James's worth a visit - great views from Buckingham Palace to Westminster over lake, and pelicans. (Green Park and Hyde Park I'd recommend rather less - just big open spaces, mostly) Regent's Park nice too (less so at this time of year) - but follow it up (past the side of the zoo) and cross over and up to Primrose Hill, for a great view back down to London - and also one of the city's nicest neighbourhoods - good bars and places to eat there too. Hampstead Heath is worth getting to, also, a little bit further out (get bus 24 or the 168 from the centre of town, or walk from either Hampstead or Belsize Park tubes). Hampstead village itself is pretty special, too - carry on beyond that, to Golders Hill Park and there is a little menagerie mostly of South American creatures that is hardly known about to non-locals. Basically, the whole Hampstead area is great. anway.
>>
>>1059135

Yes.
>>
File: stowe-2.jpg (1MB, 3969x1878px) Image search: [Google]
stowe-2.jpg
1MB, 3969x1878px
>>1059057
>>1059073
>>1059168
I live near Bletchley and Bletchley itself is a fucking shithole and Bletchley park iis expensive, 16 quid to get in, I wouldn't bother.

Would recommend maybe going to Stowe Landscape Gardens and Waddesdon Manor if you're in North Bucks though.
>>
>>1059135
>London Dungeon

London Dungeon is awful and overpriced why the fuck would you recommend that?
>>
>>1059637
>Under no circumstances visit the following

bruv
>>
>>1059733
Sorry m8 didn't read lol
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.