[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going through writer's block right now. What inspires you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: the.png (146KB, 470x342px) Image search: [Google]
the.png
146KB, 470x342px
Going through writer's block right now. What inspires you to write, /trash/?
>>
Random dumb stuff that tickles my fancy.
>>
>>8004858
The fact that if I don't I'll be homeless helps.
>>
>>8004858
The
>>
My boner
>>
I plan out everything before hand, if I hit writer's block I power through it by just writing everything down literally. "CharacterA walks into the room, looks around, sees characterB, and says, "Hello.""

If it doesn't work, just keep writing until you're out of planned stuff, and you'll have a really strong base to edit later.
>>
File: acl-7741-22-lg.jpg (271KB, 2000x1230px) Image search: [Google]
acl-7741-22-lg.jpg
271KB, 2000x1230px
>>8004858
love the idea of making characters and worlds, and seeing what happens as I work with them. It's like reading my own work (since I kind of trance out while writing and I have shit memory)

if I'm TRYING to write something, overdosing myself on music, a series I love (or been meaning to watch), ready a great book, or just taking walks are good. Basically submerging yourself in other ideas that you can pick at, steal from, and compare to
>>
>>8004858
substance abuse
>>
Read or watch something relating to the piece I am writing. It usually gives me a bit of ideas and inspiration by doing stuff like that.
>>
The /You)'s
>>
>>8011666
>>8011603
this. watching an anime related to whatever you are writing could be great for your story. priating (the stealing of ideas) is a great writing tool.
>>8005082
>>8011478
these too. even if it is cringeworthy stuff that you'll probably end up deleting, and at most only save a single sentense of, its better than staring at a blank page for the whole day wishing that you made some progress.
slow progress > no progress.
>>
File: 1480834033993.jpg (74KB, 674x496px) Image search: [Google]
1480834033993.jpg
74KB, 674x496px
>write a ton of pre-written ERP scenarios with at least 3 responses each
>apply them to something like f-list
>if the copypastes don't work, have to think more outside of the box with each response
>>
friends
>>
>>8013395
>Do something similar with Writing.com/similar Choose Your Own Adventure writes
>Fuckos just turn the last one into an "are you sure?" option for their own unique branch
>>
>>8017477
>Writing.com
>Write out a really nice post in a popular Write
>Check back a week later
>A dozen really short, 2-3 line posts with bad grammar attached to one of my choices that doesn't go fucking anywhere
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.