[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Strange stone gates open in every town with a population

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 65

File: StoneGate.jpg (874KB, 1153x1312px) Image search: [Google]
StoneGate.jpg
874KB, 1153x1312px
>Strange stone gates open in every town with a population of over a hundred
>inside these are dungeons, containing monsters and creatures from across all of fiction, guarding items that also hail from these medias, be they books, movies, television, or video games
>the weakest of items, such as basic swords and shields, are at the top of these dungeons, guarded by simple beasts such as slimes and zombies
>the further down one goes, the better items can be found, but the danger increases, adding deadly traps, magic, and monsters into the mix
>governments are of course attempting to lock these gates down, but whenever one is closed off from the general public, another opens close by, and attempting to seal that one only creates another, and so on
>the truly powerful items, such as those that manipulate time can only be found in the deepest reaches, and often only one exists in a town's dungeon, or worse, only a piece of one, with the rest scattered across the world
>and those pieces are guarded by beasts of unimaginable power, such as demigods, liches, dragons, mechas, and so on
>artifacts can grant magical power, and some grant it permanently, but there is no one to teach you, the same goes for technology you may use, if it breaks down, or you don't know how to operate it, good luck
>RP what you do, assuming this just hit the news the moment the OP was posted
>>
>>7784855
>A glowing deathclaw walks out of one of the gates
>He proceeds to explore a nearby town, terrifying and irradiating it's residents
>>
File: militarymen.jpg (233KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
militarymen.jpg
233KB, 1300x866px
>>7784962
>the military are quick to crack down, shooting it dead
>they begin to set up defensive perimeters around the Gates
>then new ones show up nearby, the old ones closing
>these new gates prevent the monsters from getting out, though some still prowl at the doors
>>
>>7784855
>Govt obviously going to raid them first with armed forces
The question is, how well a gun (a basic 5.56 bullet) may hurt these monsters
>>
>>7785052
Pretty effectively, it'd essentially be Stargate but with fantasy monsters.
>>
>>7785052
>Guns seem to work for the early floors, and many are able to be cleared out
>but the monsters keep coming, and the longer a person lingers, the stronger they get, eventually, things that should normally come from deep inside manage to reach the highest floors and wipe out any attempts at permanent settlements
>>
>>7785024
(Welp. I was going to make the deathclaw a character, but so much for that.)
>>
>>7785090
(my fault for forgetting the simple detail that monsters can't get out on their own, but pokeballs exist and work universally)
>>
>>7785101
(So, if people want to play a monster, they have to stagnate in the dungeon until some human picks them up?)
>>
File: Constructo_Pistol_basic.png (182KB, 432x391px) Image search: [Google]
Constructo_Pistol_basic.png
182KB, 432x391px
>>7785087
>some squads manage to escape and share their spoils, a few news crews catch the transfer
>it appears to be arms and armor from older times: swords, shields, leather and plate armor
>there's also a single pistol caught on camera

>>7785123
(I forgot that /trash/ might want to play the monsters, but I had intended for there to be "NPC villages" deeper down that people might RP in, so you could potentially use that and then some strange human leaves a phone that gets brought back and you can talk and shit)
>>
>>7785164
Holy shit guys I recognized that gun on the news, and then there was the footage of that... fuck I forget what it's called, monster from fallout.
What the fuck is going on!?
>>
>>7785164
(I still have to wait on a human before busting out the deathclaw, though.)
(I had intended to have him explore the surface and stuff.)
(Heavily limiting where people can go based on their character doesn't seem like that good of an idea, but that's just me.)
>>
>>7785279
(That can still happen. But not everyone wants to be a human dungeon delver)
(Cutting off people's characters that fast and abruptly is bad.)
>>
>>7785320
(boom, fixed)
>>
>>7785347
(yay for rocky starts please kill me)
>>
i want your thread to delet
>>
>>7785080
nah mate didn't you see those guys in Brooklyn get their asses kicked? news crews caught them running with their tails between their legs
>>
>>7785347
(Thank you.)
(It's a good idea to ask OOC first before killing off characters like that.)
>>7784962
>The deathclaw slips past the military, getting shot a few times in the process, and into the nearby forest
>He goes deep into the forest, before coming across a cabin
>It is abandoned
>He tears a hole in the wall, and rests inside for a while. He nurses his wounds the best he can, but bandages are hard to apply when you have giant claws
>>
>>7785454
(it's a habit formed from past RPs where letting things go lead to chaos of the worst kind)
>>
>>7785478
(The solution is to stop that chaos when, and if, it happens)
(Letting people be flexible is best. You can always retcon things if they go south.)
>>
>>7785537
(aye, fair enough)
>>
>>7785233
because I'm dumb and had to google
That pistol we saw get passed over by the military? it's from Ratchet and fucking Clank, it's called a Constructo Pistol, pretty basic gun in the games, but I think it fires plasma and it can get a bunch of different upgrades
The fallout monster was a Deathclaw
>>
>Military action has been reduced to monitoring the situation and attempting to contain any monsters that escape
>most attempts are successful, but occasionally a monster from one of the deeper floors breaks out
>>
>>7785454
>BIG
>MEATY
>CLAWS
>>
File: brutaldoom_by_espeng-d83oj0s.jpg (188KB, 767x1041px) Image search: [Google]
brutaldoom_by_espeng-d83oj0s.jpg
188KB, 767x1041px
>>7784855
m-monsters?
>RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>7787035
>Confused deathclaw noises

>>7785454
>The deathclaw is no longer at the shack
>He has disappeared somewhere
>Meanwhile, a unusual cloaked figure goes shopping for computers at a nearby town
>He stands eight feet tall, is mute, has a hunched posture, and has oversized canvas gloves over his hands. A faint green glow can be seen from under the cloak.
>He buys a laptop with a bag of gold coins.
>>
>>7787134
did you actually go get a chainsaw for this shit mate?
I've just been watching the news, this is insane, my town is trying to rally up a militia to go clear it out, thinking about joining after I saw that gun...
if they have nanotech in there I want it.
>>
File: mm-auge01.jpg (114KB, 652x725px) Image search: [Google]
mm-auge01.jpg
114KB, 652x725px
>>7784855
I got this.
>>
>>7787146
At least the Death claws can't swim down to Bikini Bottom
>>
>>7787294
(this MAY be an item deep in the dungeons and it will certainly be in pieces like any other machine capable of spaceflight)
>>
>>7787294
The fuck is that and why do you "got this"?
>>
>>7788308
>The fuck is that
There's a handy dandy little button that says "google". It will answer all your qeustions.
>>
>>7788381
I get it's a mecha from an anime but what makes it different from any others?
>>
>>7788407
Look it up and you'll know.
>>
>>7788441
oookay so
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Five_Star_Stories
it's a super strong mech that requires a biological computer companion to operate properly
cool?

What does that have to do with the current situation?

On another note, I decided not to join the militia and go it alone, fortunately they said they don't mind as long as I'd help them if they got in a fight.
>>
>>7784855
I'm from /k/ and /x/
I become a gun wizard.
>>
So anyone know what's down there besides vidya monsters?
>>
>A young child had wandered too far away from home.
>He happened across a large stone gate that led deep underground.
>Not realizing the obvious threat the gates presented, they proceeded inside.

>Within was a dark corridor lit by torches.
>It smelled of mold and dust, and the sound of water dripping from somewhere continued on.
>There were branching paths as the child continued forwards.
>He quickly found himself lost.

>Not knowing how to return home, and now frightened, he stood in the center of a hall.
>He wondered how he would ever get home.
>There was a door to his left that seemed promising.
>So he opened it and found a small room.
>It had a bed, a table with two chairs, a shelf stocked with old books, and...
>A treasure chest in the corner.
>>
File: doomguyRIPANDTEAR2.jpg (60KB, 564x867px) Image search: [Google]
doomguyRIPANDTEAR2.jpg
60KB, 564x867px
>>7787234
I don't even want that gun, I want blood and guts
Those monsters look huge, which mean they have HUGE GUTS
>>
>be me
>standing outside the gate that just opened five blocks away from my place
>carrying a backpack full of survival gear and wielding my trusty AR
>as well as four pairs of handcuffs and my 18" Bad Dragon dildo
>descend into the first dungeon, everything's pretty good at this point
>there's two or three slimes, but I shot them and they melted away
>I find a red health potion and a box of 5.45mm ammo
>also a lot of swords, but they're rusty and useless
>reach the boss room for this floor, kick open the door
>a dragon woman is guarding a chest in the middle of the room, and she rushes towards me with a club in her hands
>it_begins.jpg
>>
>>7789985
>I dodge her wild swipe with the wooden stick and throw her to the ground
>she's stunned, so I pin her to the ground and handcuff her arms and legs together
>I rip her brown tunic off and pull my pants down
>fear flashes through her eyes as I pull out a bottle of cum lube
>after it's all lubed up, I stick the my dick in her vagina
>the true treasure was her tight pussy
>tl;dr: cum buckets
>I don't even take the chest
>I just carry her out of the dungeon over my shoulder to my house, where she will be my scalie maid/fucktoy
>go on /trash/ and shitpost about my new furry servant (of sex)
>bathe in furry tears as the rest of the board envies my loot
>>
>>7789004
>He didn`t know, but the chest was in fact a mimic.
>The games he`d played built an instinctual desire to explore and loot.
>And now he was slowly cracking open the chest.
>Until it suddenly stopped.
>"Hey kid. I don`t feel like killing someone so young, so don`t tempt me."
>The child backed away as the chest developed crimson eye spots along the rim of its lid.
>"How did you even get here in the first place? And you haven`t been touched by any of the other monsters."
>The child was well and truely scared now.
>This speak of death and monsters frightened him.
>"Come on, kid. You`ve made it this far. Surely you can fight off a simple mimic."
>Tendrils of material unraveled around the chest, folding into a single, humanoid shape.
>Completely featureless except a radial pattern of scarlet eyes on its face.

"Don`t hurt me!"
>The mimic stopped for a moment.
>"Hey, kid. You can`t just expect a monster to stop because you asked it to."
>It walked over to the child, who was now cowering in the corner.
>The child braced himself for imminent agony, but instead the mimic placed a hand on his shoulder.
>"Come on. Get up."
>It grabbed him by the arm and pulled him to his feet.
"What are you doing?!"
>"I`m going to help you out of here."
"What?"
>"This dungeon is no place for a kid."
>The child did not understand, for he thought that all of the monsters in this place would want to hurt or kill him.
"Are... are you going to hurt me?"
>"No you little shit. What part of 'I`m going to help you leave' do you not understand?"
>>
Ive heard rumors that some strong groups regularly pass through some of these dungeons in hopes of trying to reach the deepest parts.

They also occasionally leave hints on the walls in chalk, carvings, or signposts for would be travelers who follow after, but some of it is probably to trick people into an early grave. Anyone find any particularly good hints for some of the easier stuff, or found anything that helped survive something difficult?
>>
>>7793633
I don't think anyone has made it too far down yet, might be the monsters playing tricks or something
Got back from my first run

Hooooly shit I am so glad I went alone, the monsters were piss, couple of slime blobs and a big, weird, nine mil bullet carrying a nine mil pistol.

I reached what I assume was a boss room and had to fight off some sort of BDSM monster, zippers everywhere and when I killed it it deflated into a sack of cloth carrying my loot: a big fucking wrench, it's really weird to hold, keeps tingling. Tried throwing it because why not, and it returns to my hand after flying out, even if it hits a wall.

I'm gonna keep this thing.
>>
>>7793972
Oh, as a warning to you guys: stay too long on a floor and the walls start to shift, there's always a way up and down but you might get sealed in a room. It doesn't shift for like an hour after someone goes down but still, watch yourselves.
>>
there's only one way to clear out a massive sprawling maze of perps and dangerous traps, and that is a SWAT team.

also you're in my spot, sir.
>>
>>7794616
yeah my town had a SWAT team storm in first, they went too deep and almost died.

I think I'm gonna go for a longer expedition today, it doesn't seem too bad on the higher floors and I'll be able to equip myself better with the loot I get.
>>
File: dorfestdungeon.png (78KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
dorfestdungeon.png
78KB, 750x750px
Ah what is this? I wasn't aware that High Lord Farjyrt commissioned a dungeon where Old man Hilbert lives.

Odd, the door isn't made from Dorfen steel, nor are the bricks dorfen made either.

I'm Getting a made feeling about this door.
I'll talk to Farjyrt myself.
>>
>>7794703
(uh... you're making a character from the other side right? the gates spawned in the normal world and lead into fantasy/sci-fi dungeons, just, trying to clear things up so everything fits)
>>
>>7794734
(no)
>>
>>7784855
>Live in a town of 89 people

Haha get wrekt faggots fuck off we're full.
>>
>>7794776
(then it doesn't really work? unless the character is from inside the dungeon (which is totally okay) it would have to be from the real world)
>>
>>7794825
(note, I'm not trying to drive you away I'm just saying to put the dorf inside the dungeon, not outside it)
>>
>>7794786
as a guy that's been in the dungeons, you're missing out mate. Just the first floor supplies infinite fucking steel in the form of rusty swords
>>
>>7794970
though I guess that isn't actually too special now that I think about it, we have plenty of steel already in the world but yeah, you could probably make a living selling rusty swords you smelted down and forged into bars if you knew how.
>>
File: dorfestdungeon2.png (79KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
dorfestdungeon2.png
79KB, 750x750px
Oh good, High Lord Farjyrt is in the throne room.

"Ah, Peutyr! Good timing, I was about to have my Housecarl come and get you. We need to talk."

>"is it about the new dungeon located where old man Hilbert lives?"

"No it's about whether or not I should braid my beard with gold in it, but what is this about a dungeon? I didn't commission one, recently."

I explain to him that a new dungeon was built but the door and masonry around it wasn't Dorfen and how baddies started to come out of it.

"By Thor's beard, this is a predicament indeed! Peutyr, gather up some allies to aid you in your quest to find the source of the baddies coming from the dungeon! Make haste! Make haste!"

New Quests:
>The Dorfest Dungeon
Find the source of evil in the dungeon
>Friends of a Dorf
Recruit members to form a Party (0/6 recruited)
>By the Lord's Beard
Decide whether or not Farjyrt Should
braid his beard with gold.

>>7794825
(>what is a quest)
>>
>>7794983
(>what is hijacking the thread)
>>
>>7794997
(seriously though trying to take over the thread for your quest ain't cool bruv, make your own thread, I imagine it would do well)
>>
Right, I've got my new Wrench, got my revolver, got a bag to carry shit that's already got a few useful things in it, such as rope and a flashlight and a lunch, I think I'm ready to go down there again.
>>
>>7795230
remember to bring water
>>
>>7795423
better safe than sorry
>>
File: BlackMoon.jpg (26KB, 522x529px) Image search: [Google]
BlackMoon.jpg
26KB, 522x529px
>>7795423
good thing I already had it, also a good thing I have reception down here. I've cleared out the first floor again, but this time the boss was a big fucking slime cube and I got a nasty acid burn on my arm. Gonna get it checked out once I get back up, but in the meantime, I found pic related as my reward. Not sure what it does though, or if it's useful. Might just be decorative, but it looks magic and it kinda glows so fuck if I know
>>
>>7796542
so I'm sittin here, eating my lunch, and I'm wondering if I should go deeper, down to the next floor, or go home for the day.
>>
>>7796866
Think I'm gonna go down another floor, walls are starting to shift.
>>
>>7796866
test out the amulet make sure it wont blow up in the sunlight or some shit
>>
>>7797144
Oh, yeah, first thing I did was shine my flashlight on it while I was looking through the goo for loot, nothing bad happened but the more I point light at it the stronger it glows.

Anyways, onward!
>>
>>7797160
holy FUCK
So this amulet is definately magic. It absorbs any light, and like... corrupts it, I guess, transforms it into something else. I was being attacked and then this purple barrier got thrown up in front of me and reflected some arrows back at the creepy fucking goblin things that were shooting at me, helped me clear the room.

and now the amulet is dim again

This thing is fucking awesome.
>>
>>7797324
okay, so as long as I feed light to my amulet I can play things a little riskier, so I got through this place a lot faster and didn't get hit again. Hopefully it stands up to stronger blows and I don't get flanked often. the boss was a fuckin mini-dragon. No wings or anything just a big lizard that spat fireballs at me.

found a bunch of gold coins around the place, and the boss was guarding some kinda book, no idea what it says.
>>
>>7797733
Alright, I'm back home now, I've got a fucking cool moon amulet that reflects attacks, a weird book, and a bag full of gold coins.
I'm taking the coins to the local "we buy gold" shop and making them shit themselves.
>>
>>7798154
welp, bad news guys, price of gold is plummeting, I brought in 20 pounds of gold coins and got 200 dollars in return
(wew lad I've driven off everyone haven't I?)
>>
>>7791012
"O-okay."
>The child had no choice but to follow the guidance of the mimic.
>It was better than going alone.
>"Okay, so how long have you been in here?"
>The child pondered the question for a moment.
"I dunno. Maybe a few minutes?"
>The mimic`s eyes narrowed.
>"That doesn`t help anything."
>The monster leaned against the wall and let out what sounded like an exasperated sigh.
>"You know, I don`t even know why I`m helping you."
>Its statement confused the child.
>"I`m a monster, and you`re a human. We`re supposed to be fighting or something."
"I don`t wanna fight anyone. I just want to go home."
>The mimic crouched down, eyes level to the child`s face.
>"Don`t worry, alright? You`ll get home eventually. But it`s your effort that decides if you get there alive."
>The child didn`t seem to be paying attention to the mimic, but was pointing at something ahead.
>An echoing growl went through the stone corridors.
[ Encounter Initiated ]
>>
>>7798788
(Mimic is a reluctant bro and I love it)
>>
>>7798631
na man just slow
>>
>the US military has prepared another expedition, 20 Marines prepare to enter the Washington DC gate
>After a few hours they reach the fifth floor, and communication is no longer possible
>They do not return
>>
>>7799487
>A retrieval unit of 50 heavily armed soldiers is sent in
>They are wiped out on the third floor
>It appears the Dungeons scale their challenges for the number of people inside them, and too many people leads to lethal results
>>
So I've been experimenting with the amulet, apparently it can only store so much light, I set it out in the sun and it eventually stopped getting brighter, it glows about as much as the moon on a good night. I don't know if that makes more than one shield or what, but it can only be good, given what a flashlight did
>>
Guys I think I'm addicted to the dungeon, the combat, the loot, I want to go back in there, it's really exciting.
I really hope I don't lose my head.
>>
I've started preparing for an overnight stay in the Dungeon.
Someone stop me.
>>
>>7801361
Alright, got my amulet, wrench, pistol (almost out of ammo for this thing, shit), rope, water, a couple of meals and this camping stove I've only used once, I think I'm ready to go?
>>
File: Normal human.jpg (226KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Normal human.jpg
226KB, 1360x768px
Hello.
Normal human here.
Anyone want to share information about the surface?
>>
>>7802005
...those are some big claws for a "human"
>>
>>7802005
[ ] Doubt
>>
>>7798981
(That was what I was aiming for. Glad you like it.)
>>7798788
>Ahead was a rather large undead creature.
>Quite a monstrosity to behold, being what appeared to be a frankenstien`s monster of already rotting parts.
>The child cowered behind the mimic.
"I-I`m scared... I don`t want to die..."
>The mimic gave a reassuring look, though it was hard to understand how it did so, only having eyes on it`s face.
>"You`re not gonna die, kid. Just follow my lead."
>The mimic produced a sword from somewhere within its body.
>"This is the treasure I was defending. If I give this to you, it means I am bound to you until death. I`m not exactly sure why that`s the case, but somehow I know its true."
>Somewhere within his frightened mind, the child understood the cost of the mimic`s actions.
>"And besides, I`m really fucking bored of sitting and waiting. If we get out of here, it`s well worth it."
>The mimic handed the child the sword, handle first.
>The child took it and lifted it, surprised about how light it was.
>"I knew it was enchanted, but with momentum?"

>The child did not know what this meant, but found the blade easy to wield.
>The undead had been slowly shambling towards them over the course of their conversation.
>It brought a massive, putrid fist downwards at the child.
>The child backed away quickly, realizing that its attacks were just like in his video games.
>Telegraphed, and always easy to dodge.
>The mimic was surprised.
>"You`ve been holding out on me, huh?"
>With the blade in hand, a new companion at his side, and a newfound surge of confidence, the child charged the undead.
>>
File: Legit human hand.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Legit human hand.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>7802026
>>7802059
Here's my hand, since you doubt me.
See? Real human.
Anyways, can we talk about the surface?
>>
>>7784962
I got into a stupid argument on E621 the other day as to whether deathclaw semen would be radioactive. GLOWING deathclaw semen no less, but there was no convincing the other guy.
>>
>>7784855
I'd spend eons on the first level. Even if they are relatively basic, any kind of magical energy contained within the items would be of huge significance to our scientific understanding. Same thing with the basic slimes and zombies. They'd be a treasure trove for biological study. I'd be way too much of a coward to head anywhere with a serious risk to my life. Even if my wandering did uncover progressively stronger armor and weapons, one lucky shot to the face and I'm dead. If this is real life with no respawns there's no way I'm taking that risk.

I'd probably try and talk my old university into funding expeditions fielded by those crazy enough to venture down deep though. Government funding could probably pay a pretty penny for the powerful artifacts or for the more occult organisms they'd find.

Jump forward 5 years, I'm working for the school's new alchemy/arcane department. If there's then some sort of safeguard in place where people can travel into the deeper dungeons with negligible risk... THEN I'm going down there.
>>
File: Real human hand.png (36KB, 242x239px) Image search: [Google]
Real human hand.png
36KB, 242x239px
>>7802148
>"Hand" falls out of the robe
>It belongs to a mannequin
Um...just kidding.
I have a skin condition.
>>
>>7802148
>>7802322
...ok.

>>7802278
(RP about it friendo, that's what the thread is for, let out that autism)
>>
File: Zombie_Resistant_Armor.jpg (156KB, 850x571px) Image search: [Google]
Zombie_Resistant_Armor.jpg
156KB, 850x571px
> just make it out of the dungeon, out of breath
> a slime ate my notepad
> see a nearby park bench and decide to take a seat to catch my breath
> glower at the ominous doorway all the while
> the university won't give the go ahead until I either find an adventurer who's willing to reach level 3 (and who's willing to cooperate in selling what he finds)
> or if I find an artifact myself that's worth investigating
> my gear comprises of sophisticated tier-one equipment
> a baseball bat and some kind of padded chest garment
> with rejuvenating Gatorade should I become dehydrated
> basically I stopped by a sport's store on my way to the gate
> I added wraps of denim to the outer layer as much as I could
> the zombies scare the crap out of me, since I don't know what a bite from them will actually do
> eyeing the gate again I wonder if creatures are able to come out and terrorize the town
> or if it's only humans who can use them
> what about squirrels or stray dogs, can they wander into the dungeon and get lost
> will I run into a mutated squirrel monster at some point?
> my revelry is interrupted as a I see someone heading to the gate
> they look... capable
> head over readying a speech on how they could make a whole 15$ an hour if they decide to raid for me

(( deleted and reposted because of typoes ))
>>
>>7802095
(you sir have inspired me to get all kinds of autistic with my own adventures)

>>7801683
>The anonymous faggot stands at the Gate once more, the moon amulet glowing at his chest
>he's a big guy for anyone, a little over six feet tall and built like a football player, with a pistol in one hand, an oversized wrench in the other, and a backpack on his shoulders over the black hoodie he's wearing
>he's also stuck a new camera -something he bought with his gold money- onto his chest between the straps of the bag, so he can record everything
>he turns the camera on and begins to descend into the dark, slipping the wrench between his backpack and back, resting it on the straps and pulling the flashlight off it's clip at his hip, lighting the way
>the light bounces slightly as he quickly stomps down the stairs, and reaches the bottom, revealing the first room of the latest first floor of the dungeon
>as his feet touch the actual floor, torches flare on the walls, lighting the room enough that he puts the flashlight away and pulls out the wrench once again
>the flickering, dim light reveals a blob of red ooze moving towards him already
>he starts moving, getting away from the stairwell and aiming his pistol at the slime, firing twice, muzzle flashing and bang deafening, causing the creature to explode
>He mutters to himself as he checks the pistol and his bag
"only ten rounds left, might be enough for everything but the boss if last two times are anything to go by, knew I should have bought more ammo"
>he tucks the pistol away and takes the wrench in both hands now
"better save what I've got"
>he moves on to the next room, the weapon of his childhood hero held in his hands

>>7802781
(you can save some characters by removing the gap between your > and the rest of the text, if you need)
>>
>>7802095
>The undead monster`s attack patterns were easy enough to read, to its dismay.
>The child sidestepped a strike, rotated around as he brought the blade up, and hacked through its arm with an incredibly powerful rending blow.
>The child realised that the momentum enchantment accelerated his swings when they were bound to hit.
>It was effective, but unwieldy.
>The mimic`s arm morphed into something not unlike a spear, then they rushed the undead together.
>One caught the aggro of the monster while the other hacked or stabbed away at it.
>With one final strike, the battle ended.
>The undead`s head rolled from its shoulders, stopping at the child`s feet.
>"Christ man, where`d you learn to fight like that?"
"I... I uh, play a bunch of games."
>The mimic shrugged and returned its arm back to a relatively normal shape.
>In brighter light, the child could see the mimic in greater detail.
>Its skin was typically a mottled brown and grey color, with varying textures throughout.
>It had seven eyes, arranged in an arc across what would be its face.
>And its body was very slender, but much taller than the child.
>"Yeah, yeah. I look pretty freaky. Not as ugly as that fucker though."
>The mimic kicked the head of the undead, and it began to roll down the hallway.
"I think you look pretty cool."
>The mimic`s eyes conveyed a moment of confusion before settling
on a rather pleased expression.
>"I guess I do, don`t I?"
>It leaned down and patted the child on the back.
>>
>>7802802
(Good to hear man. Keep going with it.)
>>7802833
>"Alright, let`s see what this guy was carrying."
>The mimic rummaged through the patchwork canvas cloak of the undead before presenting a small bag of golden coins.
>"Here, catch."
>The child barely snagged the pouch as it flew through the air.
"This is gold?"
>The child gazed at a coin with an expression of amazement.
>"Yeah. All of the monsters carry some on them. Not sure why a slime or zombie would need gold, but it seems to be a sick joke to give incentive to the would-be heroes to come in here and stab everything."
>The mimic let out a strange sound before talking again, which might have been laughter.
>"But there`s nothing wrong with that, I guess. Anyways, let`s get the hell out of this place."
>The child began to head down the hall with a smile on his face.
"Yeah. Let`s get out of here."
>"Wrong way, kid."
>The child quickly turned around.
"Sorry, sorry."

>And so they went, tearing through the first level of the dungeon in search of the way out.

I think that`s a good stopping point for a bit. I know this is an rp place, but I enjoy my writefagging wholeheartedly.
>>
File: Bullet.jpg (35KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bullet.jpg
35KB, 900x900px
>>7802802
>in the next room is a pair of zombies
"alright you overused pieces of shit, lemme smash your faces in!"
>he charges, swinging at the nearer one with the wrench, which extends and expands with the motion, reaching to almost double it's original length and smashing straight into the monster's head, gore splattering across the wall
>he halts the wrench and goes for the backswing at the second zombie, repeating the performance from his other side
>both bodies fall, and he takes the shirt from one, using it to wipe off the wrench
>he searches the bodies, coming up with a few gold pieces in the pockets and tucking them into the empty compartment of his backpack, which he had set aside just for the stuff
>he was at a crossroads now, and huffed, wondering how long it would take him to find the boss and the staircase that led further down this time around
>he decided on the left path
>in here was his first opponent with range, a bulletkin wielding a pistol
>pic related
>he walks forward at a measured pace, readying his wrench as the bullet takes aim
>it fires, and the bullet seems to be on target
>his amulet flares, and the projectile is reflected, hitting the bulletkin square between the eyes and knocking it back with the force
>the shield vanishes a second later, the amulet a bit dimmer now as the anonymous faggot swings for the hills, smashing the creature into bits
>he takes the golden bullet shells from inside the monster's casing, tucking them away with the coins
>tucked away in the corner lies a chest, locked
>this is a first
>he taps it with his wrench, preparing for it to strike
>it doesn't react, so he uses the wrench as a lever, attempting to snap the lock off
(rolling, evens it works odds nothing)

>>7802870
(writefagging is a form of RP, honestly, as long as you have the option of interacting with others, I look forward to seeing more from ya)
>>
File: Human.jpg (168KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Human.jpg
168KB, 1360x768px
>>7802441
So, what can you tell me about the surface?
Is it safe for monsters?
Not that I'm one, of course...
(I can drop the deathclaw if you want, since this seems to be a general fantasy thread rather than crossover)
>>
>>7803159
(no no it's a crossover it's just DnD shit is more common than other crossover items and monsters, note the bulletkin above)
>>
>>7803177
(Well...okay then.)
(Guess I'll keep playing my "human")
>>
>>7803060
>he manages to snap the lock, and smiles as he pops the trunk open
>he pulls out a small brown sack, and opens it to reveal several gold coins
>he drops the bag into his pack and looks around for another door
>oh boy, ANOTHER crossroad, this time with the options of going forward or left again
>he decides to go forward first, noting that this door was NOT a boss door, so he didn't have to pull his gun out
>inside this latest room is a zombie, two slimes, and a three dimensional shadow
>he groans at the sight of this last one, and tightens the grip on his wrench
>this is where the real fights began

>>7803159
I'm kinda busy right now so you're gonna have to wait for a details explanation mate, but uh, it's dangerous for everyone, but monsters are gonna get targeted by a lot more people than most humans.

>>7803327
(generic fantasy at first, with the deeper floors containing more and more crossovers until eventually some of the really deep floors contain the whole of middle earth, or Hoth, or some other major fiction worlds, so you'd be from like, a long way down, past the fifth floor at least, and clawed your way to freedom)
(enjoy your character man, I'm still sorry for trying to shut you down early)
>>
>>7803159
>The random pedestrian you'd asked stopped and looked at you.
>There was a moment when you thought they were going to scream or something, but they stopped.
>The question lingered between the awkward silence for a few seconds.
>"Well, if there's a monster around here, people aren't going to take kindly to it."
>The man lifted his jacket to reveal a pistol strapped to his hip.
>He winked at you after this.
>"Just be careful and you'll be fine."
>Then he began to walk away, but looked over his shoulder as he did so.
>"Just keep in mind that you're not alone up here."
>And with that, he took off.
>>
>>7803382
So...If someone was hypothetically a monster...What would be the safest way for them to safely live among humans on the surface? Temporarily, of course...
-Normal human
(It's cool, man. We all get jumpy at times)
>>
>>7803382
>he guns for the shadow, literally, drawing his pistol and emptying the last four shots in the cylinder into the bastard before it can try to slink away
>a waste of ammo, but after the last one he was not putting up with that shit
>he puts the pistol away once more and jumps slightly, taking a downward swing to smash the slime that was oozing up to him
>he spins on his heals, scraping the wrench along the stone floor in an upward angled bash that sends the second slime splattering against the wall
>he lets momentum spin him around this time, and lets the wrench fly, missing the zombie the first time
>when the wrench comes back, it brings the zombie's head off it's shoulders
>he snatches it out of the air, breathing heavily
"holy fuck, that was awesome"
>he giggles
"I did that! I was a badass for like, five seconds!"
>he throws his hands in the air
"WOOOOOOO!"
>he relaxes a bit, still grinning like a madman as he searches the bodies, pocketing the gold coins before checking his phone again

>>7803528
...hide, man, just fucking hide in the woods, and never come out, there's no living among humans if you're different.
>>
>>7803494
>Waves goodbye, and continues to wander around the town, drawing suspicious stares

>>7803731
So...No hope of a monster being able to explore the surface?
Human culture seems quite interesting...
-Normal human
>>
>the faggot rests against a wall, pulling out a quick snack as he shitposts

>>7803860
Not if you don't look like an ordinary human. At least, that's what it's like right now, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
>>
File: Deathclaw_fo4(2).png (2MB, 801x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Deathclaw_fo4(2).png
2MB, 801x1048px
>>7803880
Some of the humans here are getting suspicious...
Guess it's time to head back to my shack.
This deformity sucks.
Don't see why they would hate me, though...I'm a human.
>A gust of wind blows the hood, and cloak off
Uh...Time to run.
-Normal human
>>
File: B2Brawler.jpg (42KB, 414x291px) Image search: [Google]
B2Brawler.jpg
42KB, 414x291px
>welp, time to keep moving
>he packs up, glad he found a dead end and could explore other routes now
>he goes back to the previous room and chooses the left, now right, door, the only one unopened
>...and then closes it, because inside was what looked to be a sex dungeon being run by a zombie, and he didn't see any chests
"...nope, just no, no with a side of fuck no"
>he shudders, and wonders just how much of fiction landed in this place as he moves on, backtracking and picking a new room
>he continues his minor rampage against zombies, slimes, bulletkin, and the occasional shadow, finding naught but gold coins and shells for his efforts, until at last, he reaches the boss room, and takes the time to reload his revolver
>he enters the room, and the lights flicker on, glowing electric blue
>they reveal a towering machine with a purple brain
>the anonymous faggot stares, mouth agape in horror
>his anus was NOT PREPARED FOR THIS

>>7803969
>is unaware of why the guy is running
>>
>>7804285
(meant to reply to >>7803731 )
>>
>>7804285
Okay...Back at my shack in the woods.
I uh...Talked to the wrong person, and I got shot at.
My deformity is that bad, that people think I'm a monster or something...
Crazy, right? I'm just a normal human...Totally not a monster or anything...
>Nervous laughter
How do I get along with people?
I just want to see the surface...
Also, I need a new cloak.
>>
File: Blaster_ammo.png (344KB, 1011x987px) Image search: [Google]
Blaster_ammo.png
344KB, 1011x987px
>>7804285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EScgiTkLJdw (stop at 0:40 because after that it's a besiege thing, this was the best vid I could find)

>The metal monster begins to move as a mysterious announcer speaks, introducing the B2 Brawler as a machine programmed to show no mercy
>he waits for the introductions to finish and the brawler to attack
>OH GOD IT'S SHOOTING PURPLE BULLETS RUN
>the faggot scrambles out of the way, trying not to fukkin die and forgetting his amulet in the panic
>he empties his revolver at the brain of the monster as he runs, and, fortunately, lands a few hits, cracking the glass
>it falls with it's legs splayed, and begins to spin, the long carbonox limbs sweeping for our faggot
>OHGODOHGODPANIC
>he scrambles away, scooting along the wall to stay out of range of the legs as he repeatedly throws his wrench, slowly but steadily cracking the glass dome protecting the thing's... brain? fuck if he knows
>HOW IS GLASS SO FUCKING STRONG THIS IS BULLSHIT
>the boss stands back up, leaving the wrench out of range of the dome
>our faggot finally remembers his amulet, and lets the shots "hit", the shield going up just in time to reflect them back, finishing the job and sending the Brawler's brain matter across the room
>he breathes a sigh of relief, clutching his now dark amulet, it appears to have used up all it's power for now
>he staggers towards the boss, wondering just what "carbonox" was and if trying to haul a piece back was worth the trouble
>he pokes through the corpse, looking for loot
>he finds a small object
>pic related
>it's actually a canister, and upon opening it, he finds more ammo for his revolver, 24 shots to be exact
"...well that was a load of ass compared to my other two runs"

>he flops against the machine and snaps a few photos

>>7804408
I've kinda just assumed you're a monster at this point mate, I don't really care since you're not out to kill me... I think.

Anyways, just killed this fucking thing.
I got AMMO as my reward.
>>
>>7804794
(ran out of characters so just assume I uploaded pics of the Brawler as well as the ammo can)
>>
>>7785164
spiral knights RP pleeease
>>
>>7805068
(Up to you dude, if you explore and find spiral knights gear and NPCs and shit that's your perogative)
>>
>>7785381
i do not associate with niggers
>>
>>7804408
>You hear a knock on the door of the shack.
>Someone was outside.
>Looking through the crude shutters on the window, you could see a young man just outside of your door.
>"Hey! If someone`s in here, I want you to know your sort of... well, in my property. I`m not going to fuck with you or take any money, but the least you can do is show your face."
>>
>>7804794
I'm a human...

>>7805249
"Oh crap"
>Run around the house
>Put on what clothing I can
>Wrap a sheet around my body and head.
>Look like a really big, and suspicious hobo.
>Answer door
Uh...Hey. I can explain...
Just needed to rest here for a while...
>>
>>7805358
>The man gives you a suspicious look.
>His eyes scrutinize your poor disguise.
>"You`re an odd one, aren`t you?"
>You notice the rifle slung across his back.
>An old M1 Garand, it looked like.
>"You seem friendly enough. Just don`t mess with anything or anyone around here and you`ll be fine."
>His eyes burned into your own.
>"And at least try to wear a decent disguise. I don`t want the police coming here for some shit someone called about you."
>There was no malice within his gaze.
>Just a patient smile.
>"Anyways, I suppose you can stay."
>>
>be me
>fap
>>
File: deathclawsmile.jpg (44KB, 620x318px) Image search: [Google]
deathclawsmile.jpg
44KB, 620x318px
>>7805502
Well, since you know what I am already...
No point in wearing all this...
>Drops the disguise
Thanks for letting me stay.
Don't really know where else to go...
Uh...do you have advice on how to treat bullet wounds?
>>
>>7805634
>The man inspects you for a moment.
>"What an odd creature."
>His attention snaps back to your face.
>"Bullet wounds, huh? People really need to chill out sometimes."
>He chuckled softly.
>"Anyways, I can help with your injuries. It`s gonna hurt a fuck ton though. I`m also going to need you to follow me to my house. I`ve got an old medical kit that`ll make things easier, but I don`t feel like lugging it all the way here."
>The man began to walk away.
>"If you don`t mind following me, of course."
>>
File: FO4_Deathclaw_Default.jpg (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FO4_Deathclaw_Default.jpg
580KB, 1920x1080px
>>7805733
Uh...That sounds good...
>There are several bullet wounds, scattered over her body
>Attempts to clean them have been made, but dried blood remains around the wounds.
>Follows the man, limping slightly
You are the first human I have met that hasn't shot at me on sight...
What's your name?
>>
>>7805785
>The man hesitates.
>His crabby expression intensifies.
>"My name's Snibbeti Snabbe."
>"Wahahahat's yours?"
>>
>>7805785
>He casts a curious glance your way.
>"Ariun. Weird name, I know. Parents were anime geeks or some shit. It`s just pronounced like Aaron or something."
>He stepped over a large tree root that extended into the trail.
>"I`ve seen those gates show up around places lately. Hell, I went in one and almost got killed."
>Another sideways glance.
>"I already know that`s where you came from. There`s been quite a few creature that have come out of those gates. They`ve all been... pretty hostile."
>There was a momentary pause as he knocked a few branches out of the way for you.
>"That`s why the people are on edge. Meanwhile, it`s been good to finally have something to shoot at. But I only shoot things that I plan on killing."
>He waited a moment for you to catch up, then continued walking.
>He matched your pace though, even though it was slow.
>"I`ve seen you around town, you know. You weren`t planning on going after anyone. That, I could tell. That`s why you aren`t dead, stuffed, and hung above my fireplace right now."
>The man noticed your look of concern.
>"That was a very poor attempt at humor, sorry. Anyways, we`re here."
>The brush cleared and gave way to a rather large, but average looking house.
>"Well, let`s go inside."
>>
>>7804794
>The walls begin to shift, and he realizes he's stayed here too long
"Shit!"
>He hastily prys off a piece of carbonox plating from the Brawler, shoving it in his pack as he scrambles down the next flight of stairs
>The next floor is lit by blue electric lights, just as the boss room above
>He keeps his wrench at the ready, looking for enemies, but all that's in the room is another locked chest
>He snaps a picture of it and taps it with his wrench
>It doesn't respond
>He gets the wrench ready to pry the lock off again
(Rolling, evens it breaks off odds nothing happens)
>>
>>7806047
>The lock refuses to budge, apparently made of sterner stuff than the last one
>Our faggot doubts he'll find a key that fits any time soon, so he makes an attempt to carefully smash the box without damaging it's contents
(Evens it works odds the item is damaged)
>>
>>7806091
>He smashed the chest in a few blows, but he fucked up
>He pulls a banged up device from the wreckage
>It's a small blue box that glows slightly along lines that cross it in a box pattern, with dents in several places
>He snaps another photo and uploads it

No idea what this is, any help figuring it out? I uh, kinda banged it up breaking it out of the chest it was in...
>>
>>7806202
>You recieve a ping from someone.
[ Hey. I think I know what that is. ]
[ Might be Nanotech. ]
[ Try to figure out how to get it to work ]
>>
File: FO4_Mythic_Deathclaw.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FO4_Mythic_Deathclaw.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
>>7806019
Nice to meet you...
I don't really have a name.
>Slowly walks into the house
Well, it's cozier than the dungeon, at least...
>Limps into the living room, before collapsing in the middle of it.
I got shot in the leg while escaping town earlier... Didn't feel that bad then, but...
>The bullet wound in her leg is actually quite serious. The bone has been fractured, and blood has begin to flow out of it again, the long walk having torn it open again
I left the dungeon because I was curious about the world above.
>>
File: Nanotech.png (86KB, 269x267px) Image search: [Google]
Nanotech.png
86KB, 269x267px
>>7806294
>Oh shit that was a thing
>He fiddles with the box, and eventually manages to open it
>It expands and unfolds, each of the eight compartments extending out to increase the size of the box and reveal a swirling blue ball of energy inside
>He reaches out and pokes it, and the ball absorbs itself into his finger
>He collapses to the ground, twitching and moaning as the technology goes to work, making him compatible with nanotech experience upgrades and healing his current wounds
>After a few minutes the ordeal is over, and he groans, pulling himself to his feet, the wrench no longer tingling in his palm
>He looks down at himself, noting no major changes, he's not been suddenly transformed into a lombax or anything
"Wow, that was... Intense"
>He stumbles a bit, still feeling woozy from the sudden internal changes
>He flops against a wall, looking at the staircase
"..."
>He slowly crawls back up it, wandering back to the entrance, leaving the dungeon for another day/night and going home to fall asleep
>He also uploads the video of his adventure to YouTube right before he passes out.
>>
>>7806366
>The man looked at your collapsed frame.
>"We`ll talk after I patch you up."

>He irrigated the wound with a sterile isotonic solution before wiping any excess fluids away.
>The man then removed the bullet and any loose bone shards before setting the bone back in place.
>It hurt, a lot.
>Soon enough, your leg was covered in a mass of bandaged and was set with a splint.
>"That`s your leg taken care of. Let`s get the other ones out of the way now."

>You were all bandaged up.
>The man was now sitting in a leather armchair while you rested on the floor.
>"Well, that was rough. You should be fine now, but I`d suggest staying here for at least a few days."
>The man was reorganizing the contents of his kit as he spoke to you.
>"It would probably be better that way anyways. You don`t want to get shot up like that anymore."
>He had finished with the kit and stood up with him carrying it over his shoulder.
>"Is there anything else you need? Other than a name, of course."
>>
File: FFA4O9YIN3EFGAN.MEDIUM.jpg (33KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
FFA4O9YIN3EFGAN.MEDIUM.jpg
33KB, 620x349px
>>7806608
>Slowly crawls over to a nearby couch
>Lays on it
Thanks for patching me up...
I know very little about the human world, and would like to learn more about it. Maybe explore it somehow...
Any way you can help me with that?
After I get better, of course...
>>
>>7806773
>"Well, once you get better, you can travel with me. I think the townspeople would be more reluctant to attack you if someone accompanied you."
>The man paused for a moment to take a drink from his flask.
>"Anyways, what`s gotten you all hell bent on exploring and learning about the surface, huh?"
>>
File: maxresdefault(3).jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(3).jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>7806844
It's mainly the same reason you humans are exploring the gates...A new world, full of new things to see. It interests me.
It's weird.
The more time I spend up here, the less I remember of my time down there...
>>
>>7806943
>"That makes sense, but people are really in it for the loot. I mean, when you come out of the dungeons rocking some sci-fi or fantasy shit, everyone`s going to want a piece of it."
>The man sat the flask on the table.
>Then he looked at you with a concerned expression.
>"Not sure about the memory thing though. Maybe it`s for the best, because you aren`t much of a monster anymore."
>The man looked to the ceiling with a thoughtful expression.
>"I went in one of the gates before. Almost died. Everything in there wanted to kill me. Now I`m thinking about it."

>"What if it`s the dungeon that forces us to kill each other? What if it has some influence over whatever`s inside it? You left the place and seemingly gained the ability to reason."
>He drew in a breath.
>"Maybe we should work together to figure it out."
>>
File: alpha_by_silverbirch-d9hjsof.png (825KB, 800x839px) Image search: [Google]
alpha_by_silverbirch-d9hjsof.png
825KB, 800x839px
>>7807062
Even I don't know how the dungeons work...From what little I remember, I acted like a feral creature.
But honestly...I want to find out why. Maybe it is the dungeon itself that's driving the killing.
Perhaps we could get others to join us...And figure this out.
>>
>>7807241
>"Maybe so. I think it`s worth a shot."
>The man stood up from his chair.
>"Anyways, I`ve got to check a few things real quick."
>He walked out of the living room.
>You heard him moving around the house.
>There was also the sound of the... refrigerator opening?

>He returned after a few minutes.
>"So, we may not have enough food.That means I have to go shopping so you can eat."
>He walked over and patted your back.
>"Now, if you`re feeling up to it, you can come with me. Or you can stay here and wait. The latter is probably the safer choice."
>>
>>7807355
You are right.
It's probably best if I stay here...
I pretty much only eat meat. Perhaps I should expand my diet...
Also, could you buy me a new cloak, or some sort of disguise?
I lost my old one, and it really helped when going through towns...
>>
>>7807430
>The man nodded.
>"Well, it`s probably a good idea to stay. I`ll be sure to pick up plenty of food for the both of us."
>He leaned forwards and patted your head.
>"And a cloak or something too."
>The man turned around, grabbed his phone, wallet, and keys, then began to walk towards the door.
>"I`ll be back in around... a half hour or so."
>He looked back at you one last time before he left.
>"See you later, Fang."
>>
>>7807553
See you later...
-Fang
>>
>>7807596
(If that`s you, then I`m going to say that it`s been fun, but I should really turn in for the night. I`ll be up for more tomorrow.)
>>
>>7807746
(Sure thing)
(I should be around in the afternoon.)
>>
Keeping alive
>>
>>7806475
(You guys decide if this video got noticed)
>>
File: Laser_pistol_(Gamebryo).png (866KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Laser_pistol_(Gamebryo).png
866KB, 1400x1000px
So...I completed a floor of the dungeon, and got this thing as a reward.
Doesn't seem to work.
I think it's some sort of weapon, but I have no clue how to operate it.
>>
>>7810910
That cap at the back looks like it pops off, try opening that, maybe it just needs ammo of some sort
>>
>>7810910
did you try plugging it in?
>>
>>7806475
>the faggot awakens and checks the video
>he realizes he forgot to link it to that thread on /trash/ and does so now

Hey guys I took a video of my latest dungeon dive:
>insert video here
>>
(By chance did any of you migrate from that fallout/pokemon Rp that died way to fast for its own good? )
>>
Probably would go out searching for one based on Dota and just try to find a Battlefury and start farming shit. EZ money.

With my luck though it'd either be in Siberia or deep in the Andes.
>>
>>7812020
(nope)
>>7812066
(then RP looking for it bruv!)
>>
>>7811788
>no one seems to really care but hey, at least he's trying to get info out there
>he digs through his bag to find the gold to sell and comes across the Carbonox plating again
>he snaps a picture of the metal and uploads it

Hey guys, the last boss I fought had this as it's armor, it looks kinda like stainless steel but when I was prying it off the bolts came loose before the metal bent. They called it... Carbonox, I think?
>>
>>7812099

(I'll get on it when I get my lunch break. Work n sheet, browsing /trash/ every so often to check up on shit)
>>
>>7812136
(okay, holy fuck, I just looked up Carbonox, and uh... this really should have been a boss found way, way deeper. Carbonox plating would protect you from a BLACK HOLE)
>>
File: IMG_20170221_113956.jpg (311KB, 2616x1803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_113956.jpg
311KB, 2616x1803px
>>7811725
There is no plug. At least, I think.

>>7811672
Tried opening the back for a bit.
Circuitry, and a crystal array of some sort.
Think it's laser based, but have no idea what kind of ammo it uses. Or where to get it.
>>
>>7812258
...shove a nine-volt battery in it?
>>
>>7812136
>one google later
...Holy shit, this stuff is something the military would pay big bucks to get, it can literally survive being inside a black hole, and protect something inside it from that black hole as well!
>>
File: Attribute_Bonus.png (143KB, 729x173px) Image search: [Google]
Attribute_Bonus.png
143KB, 729x173px
>vacationing in Peru
>sightseeing in the Andes
>come across mysterious cave not marked on map
>investigate
>find three paths, each marked with a symbol similar to the highlighted region of pic related
>each glowing in its respective color

Alright /trash/ which path do I take?

(Captcha is a Russian billboard, how fitting)
>>
>>7812425
>the faggot puts the metal aside and pulls out the gold, going to sell it for a cool 150 bucks, because the price of the no longer rare metal is still plummeting, but starting to stabilize
>he returns home and sets his amulet in the sun to charge, organizing his bag for another trip later today
>he also calls in to work to say he's quitting, his boss is actually rather nice about the whole thing
>then he checks /trash/ again and shitposts

>>7812515
Fuck if I know dude, blue? I haven't seen anything like that in my trips.

Speaking of which, gonna go diving again, that Nanotech shit I got last night has made me feel a lot healthier, like, that acid burn is gone, and I think it's started converting my fat into muscle. Shit's crazy, crazy useful.

In other news, anyone know who would want to buy this Carbonox shit off my hands? I can't do diddly shit with it and I'm not sure giving it to the government is a good idea.
>>
File: day3_ww_zpst6e2aqty.jpg (37KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
day3_ww_zpst6e2aqty.jpg
37KB, 1024x576px
>>7812641

>enter chamber with blue spark-looking symbol
>long hall of statues
>each statue seems to be of a certain... creature?
>two interesting ones stick out to me
>one towards the middle of the hall are two goblins with a cart full of bombs
>is that a third in the barrel on the pushing ones back?
>hear insane cackling as I approach, not like tortured insane, more like having way too much fun doing something
>down toward the very back of the hall
>some wyvern
>looks kinda hot desu
>approach statue
>some of the sweetest, most dulcet sighs fill my head
>raging erection

Ok, which should I investigate more closely? The Muslim goblins, or the sexy dragon? Pic related for the wyvern.
>>
>>7812750
run. get out of there, that looks like a good way to get your ass killed and from what I've seen you've got no weapons to try and defend yourself
>>
>>7812770

I don't know... there were no reports of disappearances in the Andes ever since the cavessel started cropping up. Then again it is Peru, but still. I feel like this isn't making a choice of an opponent, but rather an ally...

I should probably mention I did see some dude walking out of it when I rounded the bend of the trail, and he had some sort of green sword that looked... almost like a ghost sword, kind of. Sort of ethereal, with wispy green trails of smoke coming from it, but nothing else but the clothes on his back.
>>
File: tmp_3043-aep7-final-5-659349321.jpg (243KB, 1228x922px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3043-aep7-final-5-659349321.jpg
243KB, 1228x922px
>>7812383
Uh...It fits double A batteries, turns out...
Still doesn't work, though. Something tells me the voltage isn't high enough.
>>
>>7812797
Uuuuugh I hate it when people live under rocks.
These things have been popping up all over and they are ALL deadly, get out of there and come back with a weapon.
>>
>>7812813
dunno what to tell ya bruv, maybe take it to an electrician and see what they come up with?

Anyways, I'm geared up for my... fourth run. I think this has become my job, I can cash in the gold for a decent amount every day, and I fucking love it, pays the bills, gives me some excitement, and oh dear god the loot is fucking incredible. I uploaded the video of the last run, gonna film this one too.
>>
>>7812815

Fine...

>leave cave to find nearest village
>spend what little cash I have on a handgun and about 4 extra mags worth of ammo
>return to cave in mountains
>still same thing there
>still two interesting statues of terrorist gremlins and hot lizard waifu

What now? I kind of want to touch them, but at the same time I'm wondering if it's making a choice or something.
>>
File: FMCMY01HJKBRPYZ.MEDIUM.jpg (41KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
FMCMY01HJKBRPYZ.MEDIUM.jpg
41KB, 620x465px
>>7812863
Tested some things with electrical equipment.
1050 volts DC.
And it fired a laser.
>>
>>7812993

My question is how the fuck did you get something the size of a few AA batteries to generate 1050 volts. What'd you do? Shove uranium fuel rods in to battery casings?
>>
>>7784855
Quest?
>>
>>7813043
Used external wires, and hooked them up to the battery contacts inside.
>>
>>7812868
it's probably a choice, honestly just go with your gut and get ready for a fight mate.

>>7812993
niiiiice, well, if you can figure out how to transport that, you've got yourself a nice gun. As for me, I'll stick with my revolver and wrench.

>The faggot descends to the first floor again, camera filming, amulet charged, wrench in his hands
>I've gone through the first floor already so we're going to skip it
>fuck bitches got money killed a boss got more money
>onward to the second floor!

>>7813049
(nope, RP)
>>
>>7813075

Alright then, in that case I'd probably pick the bomb crazy goblins... I've got a gun, hopefully I can shoot their cart and have it explode on them or some shit, I dunno.

>approach statue of goblins on a cart full of bombs
>careful to watch my step
>hear almost childish giggling like someone is about to play a prank on me
>touch statue
>all I hear is, presumably, the goblins shouting "TECHIES!"
>suddenly a ring of light appears below me
>can't move
>three seconds pass
>appear in some sort of forest, near a glowing... rock... tree... shrine looking thing
>it looks like night time but the moon is red
>see aforementioned Techies nearby
>"Where the hell am I?"
>"We're fighting the Dark Moon horde, duh..." says the one sitting atop the cart
>"Some moon lady... selling mayonnaise I think her name was... called us." Said the fat one pushing the cart
>"We just like blowing things up..." came from the barrel.
>"Ok, so what do I do then? I guess I have to help you guys then?"
>"Yeah. If you want. You're supposed to get some rare items if you defeat the Dark Moon from Selling Mayonnaise herself!"
>check pockets
>gun and ammunition are gone
>fuck.jpeg
>have some gold though
>shopkeeper nearby
>buy some sort of hatchet, a "shield" that looks more like the literal bottom of the barrel, and a couple green potions
>follow the techies since I have nothing better to do
>"ok, so you wait here. We'll start setting up our traps, you just run around and get as many as you can to chase you. Then run to us when we call you." The squat one said
>"Seems simple enough I suppose."
>go near river
>horn sounds
>suddenly wolves come from the fog across the water
>try beating them with the axe
>actually fell them in one hit
>a couple of bags of gold fall out
>pick them up for later
>horde grows too big to just start hacking them all down one at a time
>run back around, gathering as many as I can in a conga line
>hear shouting "WE'RE READY!" from across the forest
>>
File: Gadgetron.jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gadgetron.jpg
110KB, 800x800px
>>7813075
>He stumbles out of the dungeon hours later, bleeding from several cuts
>his camera is shattered, bits of it embedded into his chest
>he staggers as he walks, limping to the hospital, glad his life insurance wasn't tied to his old job
>after getting taken care of, cuts bandaged, camera pieces extracted, the doc asks what he got out of the ordeal
>he grins, and pulls a small wristwatch out of the bag, Gadgetron's emblem carved into one side of the strap
"A manual"
>>
>>7813964
(life insurance? HEALTH insurance, fuck)
>>
>>7813220

>hightail it over to the goblins
>trailing massive pack of wolves behind me
>be careful to avoid stepping on the green barrels with blinking green antennas
>make it to the Techies
>"Cover your ears" comes from the barrel
>explosion.webm
>massive pack of wolves is vaporized, leaving the occasional bag of gold, scroll, or potion on the ground
>pick up a scroll or two, some of the green potions, and as many gold bags as I can grab
>the goblins race to the shop, buying some blue boots with what looks like a sapphire on the front
>"what should I get then?"
>"You might want some phase boots to get through the massive waves of creeps." Said the small one
>buy phase boots
>use leftover gold to buy a claymore since the axe was alright but probably wouldn't last long
>get ready near the river again
>giant fucking birds and weird troll priest looking dudes come out of nowhere
>try hitting bird with claymore
>doesn't die immediately
>run the fuck away
>keep trying to train enemies
>this goes on for a couple waves, buying various items, eventually making some kind of big battle axe that let's me hit more than one enemy at once somehow.

Ok boys, this seems like a really good artifact, do I stay for more, or hop out now hoping for better?
>>
File: 331-1-1447642803.jpg (401KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
331-1-1447642803.jpg
401KB, 1680x1050px
>>7807596
>>7807553
>Fang wakes up on the couch
>She tries to get up, before remembering the splint on her leg
Hello? Ariun?
Are you here?
>Looks around the room, bored
>>
>>7814539
>You wait for a while.
>Soon, you hear the sound of a truck
pulling up in the driveway.
>The jangling of keys rings through the door, then said door opens.
>Ariun is standing there with a large bag of groceries.
>Upon closer inspection, the majority of it is a variety of beef products.
>"Hey, good to see you awake. I`ve got quite a bit of food here."
>He haphazardly shakes the large bag in his hand.
>"I`m going to put all of this away. May take a few trips. You wait right there though, I`ve got something for you."
>>
>>7813964
Just got back from the dungeon and the hospital
uuuugh my everything hurts
note to self: KEEP AN EYE ON THE FUCKING AMULET
but on the bright side, I managed to kill the second floor boss and got what might be the most important item I can get: a fucking Gadgetron Helpdesk watch. This thing is helping me figure out that my omniwrench can have new features installed and how to install them if I find them. So I'll be able to add new weapons to it given some time later down the line.
It also let me know exactly how fucking valuable Carbonox is, so uh, not giving this shit away to anyone yet.
>>
>>7814725
Sure thing...
>Watches him transfer the groceries to the fridge, taking several trips
>Waits patiently on the couch
>>
>>7814783
>Soon, he walks in with one last bag and shuts the door behind him.
>He opens the bag and presents a large pile of cloth to you.
>"Wait, hang on..."
>The man unfolds the mass of fabric to reveal a rather large sized cloak.
>It`s definitely large enough to fit you.
>It had strips of cloth down the front of it that could be used to tie it closed.
>"It took a while, but it`s something."
>He hands it to you and sits down inthe armchair.
>>
>>7814844
Thank you.
>Sits up, and slips the cloak on, trying it out.
This should help keep me safe, to a degree...
>>
>>7814727
by "not giving it away" I mean "I'm going to be making calls from my bed while I heal up enough to go down again and see if I can find someone willing to buy this shit"

>>7802278
>>7802781
hey you, you're lookin for something like this right?
>>
>>7814262
Sorry, didn't see the post, yeah that looks fukkin cool mate, keep it and scrambles before it all goes to hell.
>>
>>7814885
>While the next few minutes are silent as the man reads a book, you take a moment to inspect your surroundings.
>There was a mantle above the fireplace that was covered with framed pictures.
>All of the man in front of you with a little girl.
>"Ah. Yeah. Tess isn't here anymore."
>There was a somber look on the man's face.
>You could assume what had happened to her.
>>
>>7815345
Sorry for your loss...
I don't know if I have a family.
-Fang the deathclaw
>>
>>7815361
>"We'll find out eventually if you do. But Tess..."
>A small, wistful smile appeared on his face.
>"I think she might still be out there... somewhere."
>He looked back at you.
>"Anyways, once you're recovered and all, we should take a look through one of these dungeons. But in the meantime, I'm going to get something for you."
>He walked off for a moment, returning with a laptop.
>"Though I'm not sure how you're going to work this thing with those big fucking claws of yours, I think we might be able to rig this thing up with something soon."
>>
>>7815453
What is that?
>Carefully examines it
>Flips it open, accidentally scratching the screen a little
>Taps on the keys, her claws hitting multiple ones at once
>Looks up at him, confused
>>
>>7802870
I think I'll call this bit of story "Downwards" for the time being. Anyways, here we go again.

>"So, what exactly inspired you to come down here, huh?"
>The mimic looked down at the child.
>A few thoughts went through its head, like how it was just slightly intimidated at how well it handled the undead.
"I was out playing in the woods, and there was this really big door."
>"So you arrived through one of the gates. As all of these people have been lately."
"Gates... cool. It's fun in here, but also really scary. I want to get home soon. My friends are going to be worried."
>They had been walking for a bit, but hadn't encountered any more monsters.
>"What about your parents, kid? You're going to be in some hot water, you know."
"My mom and dad didn't like each other, so Dad left. That happened a year ago, I think. Then my mom... those big doors opened and something came out and..."
>The child's eyes teared up and their chest cramped with the effort of speaking through the sadness.
>"A monster got her. She's been gone for a while and hasn't come back."
>The mimic's steps slowed.
>"Christ, kid..."
>The mimic didn't really know how to comfort the child, but they tried to anyways, putting a hand on his shoulder.
>"Maybe she's still out there. You never know."
>>
>>7815586
>Ariun looked at you for a moment.
>"Oh, right, you aren't likely to be familiar with computers."
>He gestured to the laptop.
>"This is a computer, and this specific kind is called a laptop. It's used to access the entirety of the world;s information, as well being used for entertainment."
>He pushes the power key and the laptop comes to life, whirring slightly in your lap.
>>
>>7815675
(I take it this kid isn't one of the ones with a phone)
>>
>>7815757
(No. The kid's like six.)
>>
>>7815789
(I've seen younger with full blown phones, tis a sad world we live in)
>>
>>7815802
(I ended up with a phone when I was fourteen, man. It was a flip phone, and it was the coolest shit.)
>>
>>7815715
>Stares curiously
So...I can learn more about the world with this?
>Excited noises
How do I use it?
-Fang
>>
>>7815823
(well yes but how long ago was that, nowadays kids get full fucking latest iPad or iPhone when they're FOUR, FOUR, I ran into a legit case of this at the barber shop last month, asked the parents and everything and the kid got an iPhone, the latest model, at age four)

>>7815049
uuuugh no one believes me about the strength of this Carbonox shit
>>
>>7815675
"I hope so... I miss Mom."
>The child had stopped crying, but to the mimic's surprise, turned around and hugged them.
>It was awkward, mainly because the mimic was nearly twice as tall as the child.
>Instead of returning the gesture, the mimic took a knee and put an arm around the child's shoulder.
>"It's alright, kid. I'm sure we'll get out of this just fine."
"I'm glad you're here with me. I was scared."
>The mimic was confused for a moment.
>"Are you just, well, not afraid of me?"
"Not really. So far, you're just really cool. You're like my friend."
>The child was smiling now.
>"The guy must be a pretty cool guy then."
>They continued walking as they spoke.

>Soon enough, they found the entrance.
>Gentle moonlight trickled in, replacing the child's fatigue with a burst of energy.
"We're here! We found the way out!"
>The mimic craned their neck forwards to see the night sky as they exited the dungeon.
>"Wow... this is actually really nice out here."
>>
>>7815825
>Ariun proceeds to show you how to operate the comparatively small device.
>He ended up hooking an auxiliary mouse to it because your claws wouldn't work with the track pad.
>He also provided a large toy keyboard whose keys were much larger than those that the laptop were equipped with.
>"Anyways, you can just look around on this thing and use the internet."
>He showed you the basics of operating the browser and let you explore.
>>
>>7816072
Thanks...
>Opens up the first site she sees
>It is flooded with hatred for monsters and the gates
>Every other site she goes to seems to be filled with the same content
Humans really hate us, huh...
>Sighs
Guess not all monsters can reason like I can. Maybe there is something to the dungeon theory...
-Fang
>>
>>7816001
"it is... the stars are so pretty."
>The mimic stood next to the child for the next few minutes as the both of them marveled at their surroundings.
>"You guys just like... live up here?"
"Yeah. It's nice, isn't it?"
>The mimic nodded, grateful that he had decided to help this child.
>A frigid wind blew through the forest, chilling the child to his bones.
>"You cold, kid? We should get moving then."
"Yeah, we should."
>So they began the final stretch of their journey.

(Now we can begin the fun part. Character interaction.)

>They didn't have the risk of encountering monsters in this place, but there were people around.
>And said people would likely freak the fuck out upon seeing the mimic.
>So they attempted to avoid contact with large groups of people.
>>
>>7816455
>(A boy and his mimic, wandering the world together)
(I shouldn't enjoy this as much as I am)

>>7815864
...so, this piece of carbonox is like, big enough to hit accurately
I'm gonna do something stupid
>he goes into his backyard and sets the carbonox against a log
>he gets out his less portable camera and sets it to record the plate
>he fires into it twice with his revolver, both bullets ricocheting off and not even leaving a scratch
>fortunately nothing became of those bullets, so he just takes the camera back up along with the plate and uploads the video

>insert "Imfuckinginvincible.mp4" here
>>
>>7816317
>"There might be. Don't take it all to heart though."
>He provided a weak smile with the statement.
>"And while you're here with me, you'll be alright. Just don't fuck with people and they'll have no reason to fuck with you."
>There was suddenly a look of concern on his face.
>"Shit. He's not back yet! Hey, Fang. I'm sorry, but there's someone I need to look for."
>He wandered around, gathering his things and putting the rifle strap over his shoulder again.
>He was talking quietly.
>"He should be back now... he should..."
>He grabbed his keys and patted your shoulder.
>"Sorry, but I've gotta head out again."
>>
>>7816613
See you later...
Be safe.
-Fang
>>
>>7816455
>They hear a distant gunshot, and the mimic jumps back.
>"What the fuck was that?"
"Someone's shooting a gun."
>"One of those weird weapons that I've seen a few people come in with?"
"I think so. Maybe they can help us get home."

>>7816594
>You hear someone in the forest around your property call out to you.
>>
>>7816907
(actually I'm in a small town but there's alleyways and shit so concrete forest I guess)

>The anonymous faggot investigates, keeping his gun in it's holster
>>
>>7817019
(Shit, well, I can make it work out.)
---
>There was a man walking around with a rifle slung across his back.
>He waved to you.
>"Hey! I'm looking for my kid. He went outside to play or something and he's been gone for a while."
>The guy looked really worried.
>"Have you seen or heard anything?"
>>
>>7784855
hi emrys
>>
>>7817132
"nah mate, just heard someone call out and came to see if one of those monsters got out of the Gate... shit, if that's what happened I need to go grab my pendant"
>he grips his revolver tight in it's holster
>>
>>7817206
>The man stops for a moment.
>"Maybe he went inside a gate... Oh god..."
---
Meanwhile, elsewhere.

>The child and mimic had been walking for a long time.
>"Hey, kid. We're getting a bit too close for comfort here."
>The mimic pointed towards the town that they were coming up on.
>The child grabbed the mimic's hand and they both stopped.
"I was thinkin'... what if you turned into a person? Could you do that?"
>The mimic looked down for a moment.
>"You know, I haven't thought about that. I'll give it a shot."
>The mimic stood straight for a moment as tendrils of material stretched out around him, changing colors and textures until he looked like an average adult man.
"Wow! It worked!"
>"How do I look?"
>The mimic's mouth matched it's voice as it spoke.
"You look like a grown-up! Nobody will be angry at you now."
>"Well, let's head into town then. Maybe we can ask around and get you home."
"Sounds good!"
>The child smiled as they both crossed out of the forest and into town.
>>
>>7787146
>Be Anon who loves mecha stuff.
>Shows where the villains aren't the coolest ones around, while the heroes are predictable and always struggling. Being a mecha hero is extremely awesome.
>Actually delving into one of the dungeons without any equipment would kill me. I do have a plan though.
>I live in a pretty small town, and I know it really well. There's a dungeon around here, and I'm going to try something. Yeah, it could not work. If it does, I'm set.
>I get some coffee and walk to the newest gate.
>"HEY!"
>"THIS IS TO ALL THE SENTIENT TECHNOLOGY STUCK ON THE LOWEST LEVELS. I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME. YOUR HEARING ABILITY IS ARBITRARILY GOOD."
>"IF YOU'RE SICK OF WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO GET TO THE FINAL LEVEL AND HOPING THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T CLAIM YOU FOR WAR AGAINST SOME OTHER NATION, I CAN HELP."
>"SEND ME SOMETHING TO HELP ME GET TO YOU, AND I'LL FREE YOU. WE'LL TEAR A HOLE TO WHATEVER DIMENSION YOU CAME FROM AND YOU CAN GET YOUR LIFE BACK."
>"YOU JUST NEED TO GIVE ME SOMETHING TO HELP ME GET THERE. RIGHT NOW, THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. BUT I CAN PROMISE THAT IF YOU DO, I'LL GIVE MY LIFE TRYING."
>>
>>7817347
"...well, good thing you're talking to one of the more experienced Gate Crashers around here, let me go get my stuff, I'm recovering from injuries but a kid can't have made it very far in, given that you have to kill the boss to make it to the second floor, so it should be fine"
>he walks back into his house and comes back geared up
"Let's go find your kid"
>>
>>7815049
The "Gadgetron Helpdesk watch" or the "omniwrench" ?

Either one sounds like it would be useful, So far I haven't ventured deep enough into the dungeon to really uncover anything special. Or, more specifically, I haven't uncovered anything obviously supernatural that my employer would find useful.
>>
>>7817440
>he took a moment to reply to a guy interested in the dungeon loot
>>7817447
The Carbonox plate, some kinda new metal that's tough as shit, apparently in it's source world it could go into a black hole and survive untouched.
The Omniwrench and Watch are mine, though I can probably get you a transcription of all the info the watch has.
>>
File: FO4_-_Protectron_(Standard).jpg (138KB, 520x830px) Image search: [Google]
FO4_-_Protectron_(Standard).jpg
138KB, 520x830px
>>7817395
>A robot hears him
>Loud clanking can be heard as it approaches the entrance
>Finally, it walks outside, and greets the man
"PROTECT AND SERVE."
>>
>>7817440
>The man follows you inside.
>"I've been in one of those gates. Nothing really happened though. It was odd."
>The guy looked at the things you were gathering as you wen through your house.
>"You got all of this from within the gate though?"
---

>The child and mimic were walking through the town.
>It was a nice place, typically quiet.
>"So, this is one of your towns, huh?"
"Yeah. It's nice at night. There are less cars and stuff, and it's really quiet."
>They continued down the sidewalk, pausing occasionally due to the stoplights.
>"This place has a lot of rules, doesn't it?"
"Mhmm. You'll be okay. Just follow me and don't hurt people."
>>
>>7817552
"how far in did you go? usually the first room is empty, or has some small treasure in it like a gold coin or something, draws you in, then the next few rooms have monsters"
>he adjusts the wrench between his backpack straps and pulls the necklace over his head, having charged it again
"Yeah, the big monsters usually guard something good, but one time all I got was ammo for my gun. Not the worst thing, but man I felt disappointed after the fight I went through getting it"
>>
(I'll bite. How would I jump into this?)
>>
>>7817542
>"YES! A PROTECTRON!"
>I've put thousands of hours into Fallout: New Vegas. Especially with the Robco Certified mod.
>In all likelyhood, that robot heard me and walked over. It wasn't sent there by an AI confined at the bottom of the dungeon.
>Those do exist in Fallout, though. And I know that setting extremely well. If this dungeon is themed around it, I could actually come out alive.
>Or make it far enough to find a starship. Terran Starship Command in real life!
>I put my hand on the shoulder of the Protectron, smiling.
"Hello, fellow American! Did you know that dungeon behind us is full of Communists, plotting to destroy our way of life? Please follow me inside. As a certified RobCo Engineer, it is my duty to help the spread of Capitalism."
>Wait. I'm a psychology student. Why am I shooting so low?
"I also work for Vault Tec. If we see anyone working there, please let them know I'm an employee."
>That's better.
>I finish my coffee and walk inside the dungeon.
>>
>>7817688
(find a gate, figure out what it's general theme/themes are, RP about exploring it and talking to others about the Gates and loot and shit)
>>
File: Solar_Furnace.jpg (120KB, 790x592px) Image search: [Google]
Solar_Furnace.jpg
120KB, 790x592px
>>7817484
Ah, of course!

They have a solar furnace at the school where they collect sun light from a bunch of mirrors and concentrate it to boil water and run a generator. But if you remove the water and put a sufficiently small object it'll pretty much melt anything. Bring your sample to the school and we'll find out if it's really indestructible.

You can keep most of what the university will pay for it, I'll get to play around with the sample anyway once they have it back at the lab. I just need a proof of concept to show that the treasure down there is more than just gold and other common metals. What we want is the magic gold!
>>
>>7817628
>"Not too far. Just the first room, actually. I ended up with this red coin that I found on a pedestal."
>He pulled it from his pocket.
>"Not sure what it does."

---

>The mimic and child had already walked through the town.
>They arrived at a large property surrounded with forest.
"This is where my friend lives."
>"Good to know. You're gonna have to come up with an explanation for me being here though."
"I got it."
>"I sure hope so."
>They proceeded down the driveway to the door of the house.

>>7816744
You hear a knock at the door.
>>
>>7817688
(Make a character, and just jump in. Like, "human here. Found this in a gate","Going to explore a gate", etc.)

>>7817694
"PROTECTRON ON DUTY."
>It follows the man, clanking loudly, and probably alerting every monster in the dungeon to their presence.
>The dungeon is not just fallout themed, however; creatures from many different fantasy universes can be found inside
>The protectron shoots down most of the weak hostile monsters that show up
>>
(...at what point did like all these characters start living in the same town?)

>>7817758
Which Uni? I can mail it.

>>7817764
"hmm... no clue either, give it a flip?"
>>
File: FO4_Deathclaw_Matriarch.jpg (781KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FO4_Deathclaw_Matriarch.jpg
781KB, 1920x1080px
>>7817764
>Looks up from the laptop, and at the door
That must be Ariun...
>She gingerly gets up, and hobbles over to the door on one leg
>Opens it
Hey there-
Um...
>>
>>7817804
(( I assumed we all lived in the same town to facilitate in interactions ))
Paris University. Arcane Research Department. I assume you want to be in person to make sure the sample is safe though, until the purchase is finalized. We can pay for your plane ticket if you want to make the trip.

Unless the gates can somehow facilitate travel between them somehow... have they been observed to be able to do that?
>>
>>7817964
Thats... a long way away, but what's more impressive is the fact that you've got your own department already!
I think I could manage a trip, might be cool to explore some dungeons in france, but for now I'm kinda busy trying to find some kid who might have gotten into a Gate
>>
>>7817991
Let's just say I have a few rivals. One guy managed to get deep enough to retrieve a sword that can light on fire. We can't find any obvious power source so it's definitely got the professors interested. That's how the department's been getting so much support. My cowardice and incompetence isn't standing in the way of it's success. The guy was big man on campus when he brought back that sword. Though as a kind of mixed blessing he hasn't returned from his latest raid... so, we lost a member of our team, but we also lost our fiercest competition!

And it just serves as another reminder that that gate is no joke.
>>
>>7793633
I was exploring the second level when I stumbled by an obviously trapped door, someone wrote this next to it.
>Implying
>>
>>7817785
>I generally stay behind the Protectron. I tell it to target anything that tries to come for me.
>I play a lot of games in VR, and this is a lot like that. People coming at me from all directions while I'm exploring a dungeon.
>The entire time, I'm constantly looking for loot. If I go to the harder levels before I have enough equipment, I'll die. Actually die. It's hard to think that this isn't some kind of dream, and that my life is really in danger. But it is.
>If I see a blaster or gun, I pick it up. If there are any other friendly robots wandering around, I walk up to them and recruit them to my militia. What I'm really looking for are things I can use to upgrade my Protectron. Like sawblades I can duct-tape to its hands. Or a Pip-Boy, which would make it easier to manage my gear.
>Just for fun, I start singing.
>"OOOOOOH."
>"WELL I'M THE KINDA GUY! WHO LIKES TO ROAM AROUND!"
>"WHEREVER SYNTHS ARE, YOU KNOW THAT I'LL BE FOUND!"
>"I RESPECT THEM AS PEOPLE, EVEN IF MY COLLEAGUES SAY,"
>"THAT SAPIENCE IS MALFUNCTION. I THROW THAT VIEW AWAY."
>"YEAH I KNOW THEY'RE WRONG. YES I KNOW THEY'RE WRONG."
>"SYNTHS ARE LIFE, YEAH SYNTHS ARE LIFE, YEAH THEY'RE ALIVE!"
>Mentioning Synths could get me killed. But if an AI is sending me stuff to get me to the harder levels, it probably wouldn't let a bunch of Synths swarm me.
>At worst, the Institute will send someone to ask how the fuck I know so much. Especially since I mentioned them as my "Colleagues."
>Assassination is for people who actively oppose them. This is just musical peer review.
>>
>>7818150
Oh yeah, hence why I'm looking for the kid. These things are serious business, but business is also booming because of them.
At the very least, you can tell your superiors I've got a lightweight, bulletproof metal on my hands, and it may be capable of withstanding more than that.
>>
>>7817804
(Yeah, the other Anon`s right. I kinda wanted to make interaction easier.)
>"I`ll give that a shot."
>The man flipped the crimson coin.
>While in midair, it changed color to a shade of bright green.
>"Well... that`s something."
>Along the center, there was a small insignia that had become darkened.
>"It did something, so thanks for the suggestion."
---
>>7817843
>The child backed away while the mimic stood its ground.
>"I`d hazard a guess that this isn`t your friend."
>The child, now hiding behind the mimic, nodded in agreement.
>"Well, hello to you anyways. We`re looking for someone. This kid`s guardian or something. Do they live here?"
>>
>>7818215
"...huh, what's that mark on it no- nevermind, we've got more important things to do, like finding your kid, let's check all other options first, then the Gate, where could your kid have run?"
>>
>>7818246
>"He was outside, probably playing in the woods like usual. I don't know where else to look other than the forest around my house and the gate."
>He looked worried sick.
>"She'd fucking kill me if he took off like that..."
>The statement wasn't directed at you; it sounded like he was talking to himself.
>>
File: 331-2-1447642803.jpg (369KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
331-2-1447642803.jpg
369KB, 1680x1050px
>>7818215
Uh...Yeah.
Is his name Aruin, by chance...?
>The deathclaw nervously fidgets
>>
>>7818347
>"Well, kid? That your guy?"
"Mhmm..."
>The mimic looked at you as if he was sizing you up..
>"I'm not gonna ask why you're here. Thanks for the help though."
>It nudged the child.
>"Come on, kid. Let's head inside and wait for your friend to get back."
"Is the monster gonna hurt me?"
>The mimic looked at the child.
>"Man, if this thing wanted us dead, we'd be paste by now. Come on."
>They headed inside with you, the child reluctantly following.
>The child sat next to the mimic on the other couch.
>"So, I'm guessing you came out of the gate, right?"
>>
Is this science fiction or fantasy?
>>
>>7818437
Yep. Just a bit of everything, actually.
>>
>>7818338
>he doesn't ask about "she", bigger issues at hand
"Well, let's go back to your house, see what we can find"

>>7818437
(yes, it's all of fiction, but usually a dungeon has 1-3 themes, and many dungeons share the "dungeons and dragons" generic fantasy theme)
>>
File: Synth1.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Synth1.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>7818190
>You come to a large door, leading deeper inside
HUMAN!
STOP RIGHT THERE!
>A synth walks up to you
>The robot group ignores it for now, not perceiving it as a threat
DO YOU HAVE APPROVAL TO GO INTO THIS GATE?
>>
File: Dungeon Master.jpg (212KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Master.jpg
212KB, 774x1032px
>It took a lot of time to realize what was going on
>The authorities, the powers that be, the scientists; they didn't even know. They still don't.
>But I do.
>I have figured it out.
>Look at the maps of the dungeons, how they spring out from the earth near human population centers
>They 'grow', like cancer.
>They are Earth's defense against humans
>As above the ground huge skyscrapers and buildings have marred the earth, so to will the caves and catacombs grow within it
>The dungeons monsters are no random happenstance, they are dark human imaginings, grown in place like antibodies, protecting it
>The earth is using human imagination to stop mankind's power of it, the tables have been turned once again
>Once all it took was a storm to settle humans down into their huts and remove their hubris, but now it takes a dungeon from their children's games with realize treasure and magic to beat them into submission
>This is the truth, the dungeons are no accident. They are alive. It's rooms are organs, its creatures the blood.
>The magic? The technology? That's just the little clumps of fat and tissue we want to steal from it like ticks and fleas.
>>
>>7818472
>"I guess that'll be a good idea."
>Suddenly, the man looks nervous.
>"You're gonna... Just hold your fire once we get there. Anyways, let's get going."
>The man put the coin in his pocket.
>>
>>7818480
>Oh shit. An actual Synth.
>I stop and tell the robots not to attack.
"Anon Ymous. Doctoral student at UCD, specializing in using VR to treat Specific Phobias. I was hired because you're trying to keep the promise of human scientific advancement alive in a dead world, and people are too scared to help you. That's actually treatable. Let me in so I can get to work."
>>
>>7818525
(...I like this, it sounds like a tinfoil conspiracy and yet it might actually fit, though the monsters gaining sapience once they leave is just another layer of mystery on top of everything)

>>7818564
"...hold my fire, ooookay?"
>he shrugs and follows the man to his house
>>
File: IMG_20170221_191934.jpg (65KB, 549x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_191934.jpg
65KB, 549x318px
>>7818431
Yeah...
I wandered out of it.
Ended up getting chased out of town.
Stayed at a shack, venturing disguised into the nearby town, trying to find out more about humans.
Got found out, and shot in the leg.
Aruin found me hiding out in his shack, and...Well, he took me in. Patched me up.
>The deathclaw has a splint on one of her legs
Can I ask you something?
Are you...forgetting things?
Like, your time in the dungeon?
Because that's happening to me.
>>
>>7818583
>"We're going to be walking for a while, probably an hour. I just hope he's gotten home somehow... But Fang could pose an issue."
>The man looked deep in thought as the both of you walked through the town.
---
>>7818594
(You don't know that the guy's a mimic. He looks like a normal person right now. Because, well, mimicry. I'm just gonna ignore the last bit there.)

>"Huh, so the guy took you in. Seems like a good man."
>The child was staring at you, but his expression of fear was slowly disappearing.
"What kinda monster are you?"
>The man sighed, but you couldn't tell whether it was relief or exasperation.
>>
>>7818717
"...is there a road out to it? we can take my truck"
>>
File: IMG_20170221_193628.jpg (127KB, 786x1045px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_193628.jpg
127KB, 786x1045px
>>7818717
(I forgot he was transformed)
(Sorry)
Uh...I'm not sure, to be honest...
Aruin just calls me "fang"...
>>
>>7818730
>"Yeah, it's connected to a road that runs through town. I'll guide you there."
---
>>7818779
(You're fine.)
>The man looked at you closely.
>"Well, it's a fitting name, I suppose. Would've gone with 'Claw' or something, myself."
>The child piped up from behind the blanket he had pulled from the top of the couch.
"Fang's a cool name. I like it."
>>
>>7818828
"alright, cool"
>he grabs his keys and the duo are off! for real this time!
>>
>>7818571
Scanning credentials...
User accepted
>The door swings open
Welcome to the institute.
>The room inside is circular, and completely empty...
>Except for a lone robot.
>It powers up as you enter, and makes hostile sounds towards your group
POSSIBLE COMMUNISTS DETECTED.
PROVIDE PROOF THAT YOU ARE AMERICAN. OTHERWISE, DEADLY FORCE WILL BE USED.
>>
>>7818828
I'm not sure what you mean by "cool", but...Okay.
So, you guys are friends of Aruin?
-Fang
>>
>>7818864
>The both of you take off.
>The stars are in full view tonight, and the autumn wind is pleasantly chilly.
>"So, you're going to want to make a turn here."
>He guided you through town until you reached the road.
>"Yeah, this is the road. Just follow this for a while and we'll be there."
>There was a momentary lapse in the conversation, but the man decided to fix that.
>"So, how's life been for you?"
---
>The child spoke up again, obviously becoming less frightened from speaking with you.
"Yeah! I've been living with Ariun for a while now... He promised my mom he'd take care of me, and he does."
>The man looked somber for a moment, but his expression quickly became neutral.
>"I don't know the guy. I just met the kid while he was trying to find his way home."
>You finally noticed the sword that was sitting on the couch next to the child.
>Something didn't add up here.
>>
>>7818911
>I thank the Synth as the doors open. Even if it isn't one of the living ones, someone could be controlling it remotely.
>Into the Institute!
>Finally, human contact!
>Except the entire room is empty. It's just a circular white room. I can't even see a door!
>Oh fucking shit. That's a Sentry Bot.
>They can kill an army of Protectrons. This could be the end of my life.
>It accuses me of being a Communist. I shouldn't be surprised. California has always been really liberal. For all I know, UC Davis held protests against the American government. What the hell can I say to prove I'm American?
>I steel my resolve. This is life or death.
>"Protectrons, play holotape: Lee Greenwood."
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEKfMzHVWss&t=0m44s
>I cringe. The singing thing is getting kind of old. But this could save my life.
>Hopefully the Sentry mistakes my fear of death for grave seriousness.
>When the music starts, I sing.
>"I'm proud to be an American."
>"Because at least I know we're free."
>"And I'll proudly cry, 'I'm prepared to die!'
>"'To beat the damn commies!'"
>"As I proudly stand here, next to my,
>"Robot militia please don't claim.
>"That I'm a Stalinist spy who deserves to die."
>"I love the USA!"
>>
>>7819164
(Fucking lol'ed)
>>
>>7819075
"honestly? since the Gates showed up, pretty good, I don't have to work shitty hours at an office job anymore, I get to be an adventurer in the dungeons, it's exhilarating, even when stuff is trying to kill me, ESPECIALLY when stuff is trying to kill me... though uh, if you ever decide to do it yourself, and obtain magical protection, keep an eye on it, it might fail when you didn't expect it to and uh... well that's how I got all these cuts"
>he pulls back a sleeve to show several bandages
"kinda stings, but I'll get over it, and the rewards are worth it. Just the gold, even if the price drops more, gets me more money than my old job as long as I do it daily, and I got no problems running the dungeon daily, just defeating a first floor boss gets you cool shit, and the second floor stuff is even better"
>>
>>7819164
ANALYZING...
PROBABILITY OF COMMUNIST ORIGIN:12.9 PERCENT.
ACCEPTABLE PARAMETERS.
THANK YOU, CITIZEN.
REPORT ANY SUSPECTED COMMUNISTS TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATELY!
Have a nice day.
>The sentry bot stands down
>A small door opens at the back of the room
>It leads to a small square room.
>A few inactive gen 1 and 2 synths are inside, along with institute laser weapons, sitting on a table.
>A door in the back leads deeper inside the dungeon
>>
>>7819243
>"Sounds like you've been having a good time."
>He sighed.
>"I suppose lady luck just hasn't been as kind to me or a few of my friends."
>It seemed like he didn't want to keep down that thread of conversation.
>"Anyways, I haven't gone that far into one of the Gates. Too risky, I thought."
>You saw a smile flash across his face for a moment, but you caught the sight of his eyes reddening slightly with tears.
>"Some things have happened today though. Interestingly enough, I made a new friend. You'll get the chance to meet her."
>He looked down again.
>"I just hope the kid's alright though. Until Sierra gets back from whatever she's gone to do, I've got to keep an eye on 'em. What a good job I've done at that..."

>He guided you to the place where he lived.
>It was a large house surrounded by a small field, then dense forest.
>"This is it."
>>
>>7819075
>Looks at the sword
>And back to the man
>Suspicious glance
How, and where did you find him?
Just curious...
-Fang, the deathclaw
>>
>>7819370
"relax, kids run off and do stupid shit, you just... need to keep a better eye on him next time, I guess, have someone chaperone him and his friends next time they go out"

>he parks the car and climbs out

"so who's this new friend of yours?"
>>
>>7819379
>He looked at the sword, then looked down.
>"Ah, busted. Hey kid, you want to explain or should I just do the show and tell?"
"I dunno... do what you want."
>The man smiled, then his grin quite literally stretched from ear to ear as his form gradually changed into that of an emaciated looking humanoid.
>Brown and grey mottled skin with a variety of textures throughout.
>"Surprised? He went into a gate, and we both came out."
---
>>7819555
>"I don't think you'll believe me if I tell you, but just hold on."
>He dug the keys from his pocket, unlocked the door, and opened it.
>The scene within surprised the both of you.
>The kid was there on the couch, which made the man let out a sigh of relief, but then there was the thing in the middle of the room.
>Another monster that had been in the middle of the room, speaking with Fang.
>"Well..."
>>
>>7819668
>the anonymous faggot's eyes widen, and he reaches for his wrench
"I take it there was supposed to be only one "friend? Who do I target!?"
>>
File: IMG_20170221_204031.jpg (154KB, 800x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_204031.jpg
154KB, 800x810px
>>7819668
Another monster?
And you can reason, too...
I have a lot of questions.
Were you sapient in there?
And how much do you remember-
Oh, hey Aruin...
>>7819716
Um...
>>
>>7819716
>The mimic looked at the faggot with his arms in the air.
>"Hold your fire, man."
>The child stood up and grabbed the hand of the odd creature.
"Yeah! Don't hurt him..."

>>7819784
>The man looked surprised at this situation.
>"Okay, you don't want to shoot either one of them. That's Fang, by the way."
>He waved to the large reptilian creature.
>"And that's the kid. Riley."
>The child waved at the faggot.
>Then he looked at the mimic.
>"I don't know what you are, but we're going to sit down and have a talk."
>The mimic looked at the two of you and shrugged.
>"Sure, no issue with that."
>>
>>7819880
>the faggot pulls the wrench out from behind his back, but lets it rest at his side
"...well, at least we found the kid, and the other two haven't tried to kill me..."
>he steps a little farther into the room, checking out the whole situation
>>
>>7819880
>>7820045
>Waves at them
Hey there...
Uh, how are you two?
-Fang
>>
File: Richard_nixon_dm_121115_wmain.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Richard_nixon_dm_121115_wmain.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
>>7819303
>I smile. My teeth shine like the light of a million polished flag pins, and I almost hold both of my hands in the air like Nixon.
>I'm not a crook! Or a Communist! According to a robot spawned by a sentient dungeon. That was good enough, though.
>I saluted the robot and walked further into the dungeon, reaching the inactive Synths and the institute laser weapons.
>The rifles were a welcome addition to my arsenal. But the robots posed a problem. I know how to repair technology in Fallout, but not in real life.
>Synths are probably too complex to have easy on and off switches. How does the Institute activate them? All you do in the games is push the E key to open the companion dialogue.
>I guess that's worth a try.
"Synths, I think it's time we moved on."
>Those were the sort of things you said to companions. Just in case, I ran through some extra settings.
"Follow. Bodyguard protocol. Equip laser rifles and keep me alive."
>It was time to see how far I could push Fallout logic. There was already no way any of this technology would work in the real world.
"Scrap this table for building materials."
>At worst, I would get some metal I could have my Protectrons weld onto each other with their lasers. It would give them extra armor plating.
>>
>>7820199
"...very, very fucking cautious right now"
>he adjusts his grip on the wrench
>>
>>7820045
>The mimic inspects your wrench.
>"I haven't seen that sort of weapon within the Gate I was in."
>The child pulled out the sword and lifted it in the air.
>"But we have this!"
>"Yeah, yeah. Don't cut anyone with that thing."

>The man looked at the sword, then the mimic, then at the child.
>"Riley... you went through a Gate?"
>He took a knee and hugged Riley.
>"I didn't know where you went... I was worried."
>The child let the sword clatter to the ground as he hugged Ariun back.
>"I'm okay."
>Riley pointed at the mimic.
>"He helped me out of that place."
>Ariun looked at the creature.
>"Well... thanks."
>The mimic produced an unsettling grin.
>"Don't mention it. It's good to see the kid's safe."

>"Anyways, I still haven't gotten your name."
>The man nods to the faggot.
>>
>>7820298
"every floor and every gate is a little different, I guess... and I also guess you're not going to kill me so I can relax a bit"
>he puts the wrench back in it's spot between his backpack straps
>the faggot realizes he hasn't given his name out to anyone
"I'm uh, Aidan, good to meet you all"
>>
(Ded?)
>>
>>7821027
(I'm waiting for a response!)
>>
>>7820326
Nice to meet you, I guess.
(Sorry my posting is slow. Busy with other things)
>>
>>7820326
>Riley stepped forwards.
>"Hi Aidan."
>The mimic stood in place, many eyes unblinking.
>"Hey. Good to meet you. I don`t have a name yet, so yeah."
>Ariun stood back up with a cheerful expression on his face.
>"Aidan. Well, it`s good to meet you. Sorry to drag you into this. I suppose it wasn`t necessary."

>>7821082
>Ariun turned to you.
>"It`s good to see you again too. How`re you injuries treating you?"
>>
File: Synth_-_Generation.jpg (642KB, 2836x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Synth_-_Generation.jpg
642KB, 2836x2000px
>>7820239
(Sorry about slow response)
>The synths whirr to life, tearing the table apart into fine pieces, before lining up in front of you, in a protective formation
>As you delve deeper into the dungeon, the creatures become stronger. You start to lose robots and synths, at an increasingly concerning pace.
>Still, they march on with you, oblivious to the danger
>>
File: IMG_20170221_224055.jpg (312KB, 1646x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_224055.jpg
312KB, 1646x1050px
>>7821290
My leg feels better...
Still can't walk on it, but it should be better soon. I seem to heal quickly.
Been researching things online while you were gone. About human culture and stuff.
>>
>>7821082
"...yeah, I guess, man, this is surreal"

>>7821290
>He kneels down to get on eye level with the child
"so you're Riley, good to meet you"
>he sticks out a hand to shake
"I'm a Dungeon Diver, or a Gate Crasher, or... whatever they're calling the guys that go down into dungeons"

>he looks up at the monster
"...never seen one like you, what are ya anyways?"

>and then flicks his eyes over to Ariun
"Nah, it's good to learn new things, maybe these guys can help me figure out a few things with the Dungeons"

>>7821383
"oof, human culture, look out man, some of that stuff gets... weird"
>>
>>7821317
(It's cool! This is awesome.)

"Fuck. I'm losing robots."
>I was able to make things up every once in a while, but the enemies were getting stronger and my robots weren't. At least I wasn't being swarmed by Tunnelers yet, or attacked by Raiders in Power Armor.
>The enemy has numbers. But I have tactics. I'm going to use them to my advantage.
>I arrange my robots in a circular Phalanx formation. On the outside are the Protectrons, now covered in Institute metal. They have orders to shoot anything threatening, but not to leave their position unless my life depends on it.
>Behind them are the Gen 1 Synths with the Laser Rifles. You don't need to be strong to shoot a Laser, and they can vault over the Protectrons to grab any loot. I assign them protocols for whether they use it, give it to the Gen 2 Synths, or give it to me.
>In the center are the toughest Synths. They get all the close combat weapons, because anything that breaks through both walls of robots is almost immune to ranged attacks. They catch and throw back any grenades, block bullets with their torsos, and throw me to safety if anything attacks from below.
>All the weird loot is given to me. Strange guns, armor, power sources, and building materials. If I can, I use all the lasers my robots have to weld new parts on to their frames. If any of the advanced Synths lose their protective plating, I weld it back on.
>My primary objective isn't to look for enemies. I'm searching for anything that will help me survive. Any remnants of the Institute, trying to build deadlier Synths. A Vault, hopefully full of equipment and technology. Or some Power Armor. If it's the Fallout 4 version I won't have any problem using it.
>I actively avoid anyone from the Brotherhood of Steel. They'd steal all my technology and kill me for using Synths.
>>
>>7821423
>Riley shakes your hand.
>"Cool! You go in the dungeons?"
>He looks down.
>"I tried to do that. It was too scary. At least I made a new friend."
>He looked at the mimic.

>"Yeah, I don`t think whatever I am is a very common thing. I`m a mimic or something, I think. That`s what the kid says, anyways."
>It looked up for a moment as it stretched its arms above its head.
>"Anyways, it`s good to meet someone who knows about the Gates and whatever."

>Ariun nodded in agreement with your statement.
>"I suppose it was a good thing. Maybe we can all work together to explore the Gates."

>>7821383
>"And yeah, people can get weird, Fang."
>He inspected your leg for a moment.
>"It loos like you heal rather fast. Good to know you`re recovering."

>Ariun stepped back.
>"So, what are we going to do now?"
>>
>>7821423
>>7821597
Weird?
I feel like it's best if I don't know.
Anyways...
I wanted to find out more about the gates. How about you guys?
-Fang
>>
>>7821597
"heh, yeah, it can be scary as hell if you're not ready"

>he sits down on the couch and looks at the mimic
"...your kind are the worst, I just want you to know that, your kind has me scared out of my fucking mind at the sight of chests, because you don't give out warnings before you eat guys alive, but you seem kinda chill, so whatever"
>he chuckles
"yeah, learning about the Dungeons would be nice"

"...I think I could go for a group run, just like, don't expect much running from me, I'm kinda recovering from my last time"
>>
>>7821491
>The tactics work, to a degree
>The losses go down from a few robots a minute to one or two every hour
>As you go deeper, the enemies start decreasing in number, but increasing in strength.
>Eventually, you start running into enemies who are almost unaffected by the laser weaponry, due to their sheer toughness. Your phalanx strategy minimizes losses, but it's clear that you need heavier firepower.
>You come across several T-45 power armor pieces, but no frames.
>>
>>7821664
>Ariun nodded in agreement.
>"We should gather information any way we can. But we aren`t going in any time soon. Too dangerous right now."
>He sat down in the armchair.

>>7821696
>The mimic looked at you with all seven of his narrow, scarlet eyes.
>"As I told the kid before, you really shouldn`t expect an easy time from within the Gates. But you don`t need to worry about me. I don`t plan on hurting anyone."

>Riley walked around the living room, sword in hand.
>"Yeah, he won`t hurt anyone. He even gave me this sword so I could kill a zombie."
>The kid showed some skill with it, twirling it arount in his hand.
>>
>>7821832
"Yeah, two runs in one day isn't good for anyone's health, and I need to sell this gold I got from my last run"
>He opens his bag, showing off a pile of gold within, then looks at the mimic

"Well yeah, but you guys are the scariest of any monster, not even the B2 Brawler with its black hole immune plating can hold a candle to the fear your kind inflict"

>He watches the kid play with the sword
"...You should be careful with that thing kid, don't cut yourself"
>>
>>7821816
>I weld the first few pieces onto my Gen 2 Synths. I want to keep all of them alive if I can. Who else is going to tear the stinger out of a Cazador?
>What I really need is weaponry, and I'm not finding any. All I have are the weakest robots in the setting and a few deadly Gen 1 Synths with lasers. Then my melee robots, who can't fight an army. A few Gen 3s would be unstoppable, but I don't have any. I haven't been able to find sapient people at all.
>Power Armor is pretty deadly even without a gun. My melee power would go way up, and the light would let me see loot easier.
>Aren't Synths basically Power Armor Frames with robotic parts inside? The Gen 1 models are wireframe people. I could tear a few of them apart and use their parts to create a suit of armor.
"Synths. How many of your skeletons and engine parts would it take to assemble a usable frame for all these Power Armor pieces? Is that something you have the schematics for?"
>They need to have the schematics or I'm screwed. I can't build one of the most advanced technologies in Fallout without any idea how to do so.
>This is going to go one of two ways. Either my strongest robots are about to have full suits of Power Armor welded onto their frames, or I'm going to lose a few robots and gain a suit of body armor.
>I hope I come across a minigun soon. Or even a stronger robot.
>I should have tried to recruit that Sentry Bot.
>>
>>7821963
>Ariun looks at the gold.
>"It looks like a profitable occupation."
>He pulled the medallion out of his pocket again.
>"I`ve still got no idea what this does."
>He flipped it again, but this time it turned a shade of cobalt before it landed in his palm.
>The insignia on both sides was that of a triangle within a circle.
>In the triangle was a small series of lines.
>"I don`t even know what the symbols mean, if they mean anything. Or the colors either."

>The mimic let out an odd rattling sound that you identified as laughter.
>"Sure. I`m scary. Look at this."
>Tendrils and strips of material peeled away from his arm and wrapped back around in a different shape, resulting in a massive clawed hand.
>"Boo. Hey kid, what do you think about this?"

>Riley stopped messing around withte sword.
>"It`s cool! A little weird looking, but cool."
>Riley pulled out a pouch of gold coins.
>"Also mister Aidan, I`ve got gold too."
>>
>>7822015
>Unfortunately, the synths lack the schematics...
>After a long fight with a heavily armored enemy, he drops a plasma caster, in poor, but still functional condition
>Several other ballistic weapons, such as pistols and rifles, are found. Only a small percentage of them are in working order, however, and ammo is scarce.
>Additionally, the corridor starts to darken as you descend deeper, the light from the robots being the only source of illumination
>>
>>7822143
>Aidan has finally succumbed to exhaustion and passed out in the couch
(Night mates)
>>
>>7822221
>The night gradually comes to a close.
>Everyone finds some place to rest.
>Riley has his room.
>Fang has the other couch.
>The mimic just dissapears somewhere, likely posing as a piece of furniture.

>And the narrator figures out what to type next, then fills the captcha.
>They hit send, turn off their phone, and fall asleep.
>>
>>7822194
>Scarce ammo, dark corridors, and no armor? The last one makes sense. The Institute doesn't use Power Armor, so they wouldn't program Synths with building schematics.
>The other two could be solved, though. It would just take some creativity.
>MUSIC, GO!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o
>First I cover my melee robots in as much armor plating as they can wear without being unable to walk. They probably look hilarious, but they can shrug off anything short of a missile.
>Any leftover armor goes on my Protectrons. They're my bullet shields!
>I carefully weld the Institute Pistols together, side to side. Now they're double barrelled, and each pistol robot can shoot four lasers at a time.
>I do the same with the rifles, reducing the total amount of guns held by my robots. This frees up more hands for ballistic weapons, which I order them to only fire if energy weapons are ineffective.
>Any broken Ballistics weapons have their working parts used to repair the functioning ones. I try to get a lot of scopes, laser sights, and a few larger ammo clips.
>The Plasma Caster goes to one of the Gen 2 Synths. I can barely lift it and he'll be a better aim.
>Music over! Modifications complete.
>If I'm going to survive long enough to make it to another floor, I can't just rely on firepower.
"All robots, we're changing strategy. Protectrons, flash all your lights and turn your voice volume up to maximum. Synths, constantly vocalize how you're going to kill anything threatening that appears. When you're not talking, play classical music on the highest volume. Increase your speed to maximum. We're running the rest of the way through this floor."
>We aren't going to be targets. It's easy to win a battle of attrition against a guy surrounded by robots. It's harder to do that when you're afraid.
>>
>>7822221
>>7822320
(Goodnight! Hopefully you're both on tomorrow!)
>>
>>7822421
>You suffer minor losses, but eventually reach the boss door
>As your group enters, it shuts behind you
>The room is large, and resembles a swamp, filled with pools of water
>The robots struggle slightly in the sticky mud, some falling over, others getting incapacitated entirely
>Several mirelurks pop out of the pools, clicking aggressively, slowly advancing towards your group
>>
>>7822611
>I take stock of my robots and the enemies we're facing. If I have them all fire at once it's not clear that we'll survive.
>Every second I don't tell them to do something is ground that the Mirelurks gain on us. What do I have, though?
>Some really strong robots, a lot of weaker ones, and some that are completely incapacitated in the mud.
>Not to mention the Queen Mirelurk hiding in here somewhere. She has to be. This is a boss room!
>Weird creativity has gotten me this far. It's only logical that I use it a final time before hopefully getting a needed boost to my forces. Bosses usually drop loot, right?
>I order the giant Gen 2 Synths to scoop any stuck robots out of the mud. And I assign them targets.
>Each of them is going to throw a destroyed robot right where the advancing Mirelurks are about to be. As they're flying in mid-air I'll tell them to self destruct.
>I don't have missiles or nukes, but I do have destroyed robots that explode.
>If a Queen Mirelurk pops up, everyone is ordered to open fire on her. And charge her, when we're talking about the melee Synths.
>Hopefully their Power Armor frames will be too hard to crush and difficult to melt with acid. Especially while she's getting lasered, fired on with ballistic weapons, and stepping on exploding Protectrons.
>>
>Run into a Lucario.
Anyone see these?
>>
>>7822828
>The mirelurks fall, one by one, taking a few robots with them
>The largest pool in the room starts to bubble, and sure enough, a mirelurk queen rises out of the mud, charging the group
>She destroys a worrying number of robots before she finally goes down, a small door opening in the back, leading to the prize room
>There are several useful weapons inside; plasma pistols, submachine guns, and some laser rifles.
>Additionally, an assaultron sits in the corner, waiting to be activated.
>It is missing it's right arm, but otherwise seems intact
(Going to sleep soon)
>>
>>7822987
(Me too. I'll be here tomorrow though!)
>The battle is tense as hell. I have to dive away from acid, almost get stuck in the swamp, and I lose more of my robots than I hoped. A lot more.
>The Queen dies though. And I decide to celebrate my victory by getting out of the radioactive goop immediately. Then I cheered. One guy cheering in a group of partly broken robots, most of which were covered in algae and blood.
>This entire thing was surreal. I had walked into this dungeon completely unprepared, and I kept pushing on instead of retreating for supplies or weapons. That explained why I was barely surviving, rather than making tons of money or swimming in loot. It was a true Fallout dungeon. I'm constantly breaking things into scrap.
>Speaking of which, I do all the usual stuff. I take the usable parts off the destroyed weapons, equip my robots as best I can, and use any pieces of broken metal to make repairs. I probably can't wield parts of the Mirelurk Queen onto the robots, but I try anyway. That would be a great armor plating.
>I also take a Plasma Pistol for myself. Those are extremely deadly and hard to use.
>Before stopping to take a rest, I examine the Assaultron. It's missing an arm, but....
>I wake it up. If I remember correctly, Assaultrons are extremely advanced. They can assess their damage really well. I don't know if that extends to detailing repairs, but I'm going to ask whether I can use part of my Plasma Caster to replace her arm.
>That would be a great addition to my militia. One of the deadliest robots in the entire setting with an additional gun.
>>
>Somewhere deep in one of Washington DC's dungeons, a black child with a tall white mohawk awaits challengers, the strange magitech engine at his back whirring...
>>
>the military has begun sending small squads into major gates
>They usually come out relatively unscathed and carrying loot
>>
File: Assaultron_concept_art.png (3MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
Assaultron_concept_art.png
3MB, 1536x2044px
>>7823223
>The assaultron slowly comes to life
>It states it's current condition
>The arm wasn't the only thing broken
>It's head laser is functional, but has been damaged, and is unable to focus properly, resulting in a drop in accuracy.
>The assaultron scans the plasma caster, and confirms that it can integrate it into it's arm.
>It lists several parts required for the conversion, and some cannot be made out of scrap.
>You would have to strip a few robots of certain circuit components to properly integrate the plasma caster, crippling or even potentially disabling them.
>Whatever your choice, the door to level three stands open
>>
File: ramiel-45572.jpg (168KB, 400x554px) Image search: [Google]
ramiel-45572.jpg
168KB, 400x554px
>>7784855
>A hard strike force made of top units from different militaries raids a giant dungeon

>Their tactics quickly cut through most enemies, fantasy weapons working on what doesnt get killed as easy

>Near the end

>Final boss room before the treasure

>It's Ramiel, about 500 ft. back

>AT-Penetrating bullets and explosives of various calibers are located in a nearby bunker

>At this point, reinforcements would have to fight their way in

How fucked/10?
>>
>>7825937
>I turn around and take stock of my army. I'm extremely well supplied with scrap metal, working robots, and weapons. The only modifications I can made are jury-rigged ones,
not the deadly configurations from the game.
>I can spot weld guns together, stick armor plating on robots, and attach things like scopes or bigger clips to ballistics weapons. Assuming I have the materials. What I can't do is overcharge energy weapons or fix complex technology. Like the laser on my Assaultron.
>Sn image flashes through my mind. Half of my body evaporating at the speed of light, followed by a vaguely apologetic statement about hitting the incorrect target.
>An inaccurate laser is death. I need to fix that thing. But I haven't found any civilization, and it's not clear if I will.
>Not to mention I'm getting hungry. And tired. I need to rest soon, and I can't do that surrounded by enemies.
>I do have an idea though. Up until now I've been prioritizing staircases. I'm going to try something different.
"Synth with the Plasma Caster. Can you get over here, please?"
>I wait until he makes it over, then explain what repairs need to be made.
>If anyone in this group should strip parts from a deadly weapon and attach them to a broken military robot, it's the killing machine with perfect dexterity.
>At least I'll be able to carefully dictate what needs to be done. Pointing out which cables to disconnect, what angle to mount the plasma nozzle at, and ordering a few test-fires to make sure it works properly.

>Once the repairs were made, I arranged my robots in a line and walked in front of them. They would hear any orders I gave just as well if I yelled them into the air, but this felt more official. Knowing the Commonwealth Military, that's probably something they programmed in. Moraile-based overclocking.
>>
>>7826899
"I stand before you drenched in the blood of America's enemies. Not only the dastardly Communists from without, but threats from within."
"Technically speaking, this IS America. We're under California right now. We face enemy combattants, not merely insects and raiders. Every bullet that threatens to end our march for Freedom is an act of war against the Commonwealth, and an attempt by the enemy to force us into retreat."
"Our goal is now to outplan the enemy. A single Robco technician can't repair and upgrade an entire army. We either need to find an intelligent ally to assist me in upgrading you, or a Robot Workbench which can do that job. We will be scouting and exploring this floor, not rushing to fight the enemy before we're ready."
"You have likely heard this phrase before, but our country needs you more than ever. This is not a hypothetical situation. The enemy stands on our shores, fortified and planning. Every attempt by our Government to close one of these gates opens another. Forces like ours are the only hope America has."
"I'm not going to fail her. Are you?"
>>
>>7826899
>>7826971
>The robots confirm the order, and carry on as usual
>The enemies have changed drastically from the first and second floor
>Instead of relying on numbers, and brute force charges, the enemies start using increasingly advanced tactics as you go deeper, such as sniping from above, and tactical formations
>The actual number of enemies sharply drops, but their strength and toughness increase greatly, to compensate. Item drops become more valuable, heavy assault rifles and advanced energy weapons showing up, albeit in small numbers
>Some opponents are placed at "checkpoints", which block the way forward until the enemies guarding them are slain
>>
>>7825816
>Other countries follow America's example, it quickly find that their loot is far different from that found in American Gates.
>It appears every gate contains genetic fantasy items, as well as one or two distinct themes brought from specific fiction.
>Some gates share themes. For instance, the Brooklyn Gate shares the "Ratchet and Clank" theme with the Gate Aidan delves into
>This discovery, of course, leads to government agencies doing research for the most powerful settings and themes Dungeons can contain, and suddenly the whole world is engaged in a nerd debate
>A nerd debate quickly escalating into war
>>
>>7827178
>At first, I change up my tactics.
>Protectrons are sent to draw out snipers, followed by a hail of ballistics and energy fire directed at wherever they're hiding.
>I add a few new formations, randomizing the order in which they're used.
>Sometimes I have my Synths break to the left and right, leaving the Assaultron alone with nothing to block the laser.
>Other times my entire squad falls prone. Everyone. The Protectrons act like a barricade the rest of my troops can shoot over.
>Rather than attacking the Checkpoints head on, I try to surround them with my best units before opening fire. The less shots the enemy gets off, the better.
>I keep welding energy weapons together into double barreled versions of themselves, ensuring I never have too many weapons for everyone to use. I start equipping myself with the best ones I can find, to make myself less of a target.
>I give any grenades to the melee Gen 2 Synths. Using entire robots as explosives is wasteful. Plasma grenades work just as well.

>While I'm walking, I ask the Assaultron and Synths some questions. They're usually pretty conversational.
"How long were you guys in here before I found you?"
"Do the Institute or the U.S. Military have a secure facility in this bunker somewhere?"
"Assuming this Gate was a Vault, what would the experiment be?"
"Please let me know if you see anything edible. Unfortunately I'm a human and the last thing I had was a cup of coffee hours ago."

>I leave no stone unturned at the checkpoints. I open every door, extensively search every body, and destroy anything that could be used for repair material.
>If any of the sniper units survive my barrages, I take their weapons. Having a sniper team would be really helpful for enemies that I can't charge head on.
>>
(Thread is dead.)
>>
>>7828025
(No, merely resting)
>>
NEW
>>7828359
>>7828359
>>7828359
>>7828359
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.