[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /trash/ been playing recently? I just bought entire

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

File: gud.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
gud.gif
1MB, 392x400px
What's /trash/ been playing recently?

I just bought entire Stronghold series apart from 3 because it wasn't on sale.
>>
File: 2F37ILY.jpg (26KB, 220x306px) Image search: [Google]
2F37ILY.jpg
26KB, 220x306px
I've played Overwatch almost exclusively for the past year.
>>
Planetside 2
Only started played a few weeks ago. Bretty fun.
>>
>>7748663
Diablo 3

>>7748732
>Overwatch
No tastes.
>>
File: Hollow Knight Eating a Cherry.png (153KB, 617x728px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow Knight Eating a Cherry.png
153KB, 617x728px
Enter the Gungeon and Nuclear Throne mostly.
Gonna try Flame in the Flood in a bit.
>>
>>7749487
>Diablo 3
>Any better taste than Overwatch
>>
>>7749487
Pretty much the only people who seriously shit talk Overwatch are TF2 fags.
>>
started The Witness yesterday

>>7749514
>Nuclear Throne
my nigga
>>
>>7749599
TF2 isn't any better, especially now.
>>
Starsector, getting back into xcom since LW2 is out, and some FTL and Stellaris when I feel like it.
>>
>>7749606
>my nigga
A fair warning for the Witness: You will be wrong about what you think is right. A lot.
Don't look stuff up tho. The realization when you see it is so amazing if you don't know it's coming.
>>
>>7749650
Careful. You'll trigger the fanboys.
>>
>>7749667
Good. Anyone that still plays TF2 deserves every bad thing that happens to them. Cum-guzzling bitches.
>>
>>7748663
I just bought System Shock 1 in a GOG sale. It's pretty fucking cool. I actually like it more than 2.
>>
>>7751243
I got System Shock 1 and 2 from a random key on /v/.
Gonna play them later tonight.
>>
SaGa Frontier. It's been pretty fun
>>
File: 1487228771160.jpg (54KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487228771160.jpg
54KB, 600x450px
>all the generic fps flamewars
>>
Yakuza 0.

I love this series. The unabashed machismo mixed in with the soap operatics of the main story sprinkled with the ridiculousness of... well, pretty much everything else.
>>
>Acquire old steam account
>Has most of the HL1 games

counter strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
>>
Just started Total War Shogun 2. First time playing Total War.

Literally favorite period of Japanese history, but lord almighty do I suck at strategy games.

Quit for fapp tyme though.
>>
>>7748663
Not much, waiting for Night in the Woods to drop next week
I have a lot of hype for it
>>
I'm supposed to be playing Chromehounds right now since I have a friend I can play splitscreen with but I've not had the drive to do anything past browse the internet.
>>
I have 4,71€ on my steam account. What should I buy?
>>
>>7749514
The Enter the Gungeon update is pretty good fampai.

Other than that, Monster Super League because I'm legally required to grind one phone game at all times and it lets me auto play.
>>
>>7758852
>literally a europoor
>>
File: 1388627689711.jpg (29KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1388627689711.jpg
29KB, 625x626px
>>7759712
your poor attempts at derailing this thread will not work, shitposter
>>
Splatoon
>>
why the fuck is my thread on page 10 already? It's only been 1 hour and 30 minutes since last reply.
>>
>>7761411
Because /trash/ is getting spammed with dozens of pages of recursive butt-spam per second.
>>
>>7759778
>making an observation is shitposting now
fuck off eurofag
>>
>>7748663
I recently replayed Bayonetta
was bretty gud
>>
Elder Kings. The Heartlands Empire is carving a swath across Pandonia, fuck the fish elves. 3 generations of lizard domination has forged the warring city states of Tamriel into a monolithic war machine.
>>
>>7748663
Bejeweled Twist
>>
>>7748663
Elder scrolls morrowind with moogle mod
>>
File: 1414094255515.jpg (14KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1414094255515.jpg
14KB, 306x306px
>>7749662
>Starsector, getting back into xcom since LW2 is out, and some FTL and Stellaris when I feel like it.
>>7757103
>Just started Total War Shogun 2. First time playing Total War.
>>7763396
>Elder Kings.
Mah Niggas

I'm playing a xenophobic militaristic empire in Stellaris, enslaving or purging xeno scum :^)
also playing a bit of Warhammer total war which is pretty fucking fun too
>>
Pokemon Sun
>>
>>7749514
Gungeon as well
ONE DAY
ONE DAY I WILL REACH THE FIFTH FLOOR AND NOT DIE LIKE A LITTLE BITCH TO THE WALLMONGER OR HIGH PRIEST
>>
>>7764843
I have yet to face Wallmonger.
Kill Pillars are pure misery.
I actually don't mind High Priest that much and feel he's relatively easy compared to Kill Pillars despite what others say. Hell, I'd say he's easier than Mine Flayer.
What pisses me off:
>I've done a run a day of Gungeon since Supply Drop update
>Finally got Greg fucking yesterday
>Learn that he only has a chance to spawn in Breach
>Chance increases based on how far your last Gungeon run got
>First run after unlocking him (i normally don't even reach Floor 4 consistently), get to Forge and deliver the Planar Lead (first piece)
>Am told getting to Hollow alone is "almost guaranteed"
>Fully expect him to be there
>He's not there after I die to random bullshit
I am eternally mad. I just want Casey. I love me some Melee, but this is just pissing me off.
>>
>>7764843
fifth floor is considered hard to reach?

also, does anyone know how to get sounds to work in the game? I can get the game to run just fine but for some reason I can't get any sounds to play.
>>
>>7764832
Moon

Bought 3ds yesterday.
>>
File: Salazzle.png (49KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Salazzle.png
49KB, 900x1200px
>>7764886
prepare for some lewd salazzle
>>
>>7764883
Yeah just died to Kill Pillars, jesus fuck the jammed ring
why
no idea who Greg i- wait is Greg the guy that makes elevator shortcuts?
>>
>>7748663
Risk of Rain with /v/
>>
File: Tailor.png (45KB, 388x456px) Image search: [Google]
Tailor.png
45KB, 388x456px
>>7764901
No, that's Tailor.
Greg is the NPC they added in the Supply Drop update.
>Has a random chance to be in a prison cell on Floors 2 or 3
>After saving him, has a chance to spawn in the Breach to sell you (2) items and will persist until you buy both
>One of his things for sale is Casey, the Bat
>It's a slow-firing Melee Weapon that does huge damage at a good range and spawns in fucking Brown Chests
>Is regarded as "easy mode the weapon" by most
http://enterthegungeon.gamepedia.com/Casey
>>
>>7764893
there better be a flaccid wiener in that water
>>
File: OhgodImsosorry.png (525KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OhgodImsosorry.png
525KB, 1920x1080px
>>7764924
...this guy?
>>
>>7764957
Yes, that dumb Nigger and that fucking item.
>>
>>7764971
wew, wasn't aware I had easy mode in my grasp, sorry for your loss anon
>current run
>shelleton key on sale from the lock
>need three keys to buy it
>mfw 0 keys
FUCK
>>
File: ZzCizJh.png (392KB, 1024x541px) Image search: [Google]
ZzCizJh.png
392KB, 1024x541px
>>7749599

OW is trash and dumb to smoke. Play fighting games like a man.
>>
File: 1487386997069.png (552KB, 758x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487386997069.png
552KB, 758x600px
I've just gotten into playing Overmeme, I finally got 23 after about a week or so of playing. I wish I had more people to play with, but that would require interacting with people
>>
File: End_game_fleet.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
End_game_fleet.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Seconding Stellaris. I created a fucking massive galaxy for my first go, I'm 50 hours in and I still haven't won. Though I am getting close to a Domination victory. For the first run I went with a bog-standard Earth empire. But for the second one I want to go full fascist evil empire. I'm sick of all the regulations holding me back.

Though, has anyone found a guide somewhere online that can explain how the hell combat works? I am creating fleets that are almost identical to my enemies but they are wiping the floor with my ships. Litterally 30K vs 35K, with me holding the superior numbers, and I have to call a retreat when my fleet has reached 10K, while theirs has just dropped to 22K. What the fuck? I've tried to go with more corvettes, because I've heard that evasion is super important. I've tried going with more battleships, I've tried fleets with equal numbers of all ship types. It's always the same. I need to have a much stronger fleet than my enemies in order to pull off a victory. My tech is nearly maxed out too, tier 5 gauss guns, tier 5 shields, tier 5 armor, and tier 5 lasers.

Pic related is what much of my fleet looks like, though most of my cruisers are equipped with torpedoes. I went with heavy shields because everyone around me is using energy, hardly anyone has missiles or kinetics. Please, point out where I'm fucking up.
>>
>>7766617
Did you set the game to difficult? The enemy fleets might be getting a bonus in combat. They might have also researched a bunch of techs that boost their combat prowess but that don't show up in the fleet strength indicator. So that their 30K is actually stronger than your 30K.
>>
File: 1486938555398.jpg (55KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486938555398.jpg
55KB, 720x960px
>>7763759 here

>>7766617
First time giving advice on Stellaris

>full fascist evil empire. I'm sick of all the regulations holding me back.
Fascist "Evil" empires are the best, no having to deal with xenos whining about policies and if your own pop do you can purge or isolate them

> I am creating fleets that are almost identical to my enemies but they are wiping the floor with my ships
Weapons aren't just firepower, they each have their own traits that they bring to the table like how disrupters deal bonus damage to shields.
understanding this and figuring out what your enemy uses is key to space battles, you need to counter their tech to succeed, overwhelming firepower isn't enough sometimes

>retreat when my fleet has reached 10K
Careful, retreating can cause MAJOR damage to the fleet, often losing several ships depending on there HP

> I've tried fleets with equal numbers of all ship types.
Good, balance in ship types is good for defeating enemies, investing in only one type allows the enemy to either kill your swarm of smaller ships quickly or
allows them to focus down your battleships fast, making them useless in terms of firepower

> I need to have a much stronger fleet than my enemies in order to pull off a victory
Most times it is better to just alpha strike your enemies asap, Strike deep and strike hard,
having all available fleets converging on an enemy one is a good strategy to wipe them out before they can build it up farther

Also:It is a good Idea to mix your weapons on your ships as to not develop a dependence on only one type, If you use only lasers to counter an empire that has heavy armor but suddenly get into a war with one that have amazing shields, your fleets will get smashed to pieces before you can refit them with other weapons, So basically have your ships fight with multiple weapon types to be ready for anything

All I can say is that the trial and error game in this game is strong and you WILL get better and used to it with time
>>
>>7766927
>Good, balance in ship types is good for defeating enemies, investing in only one type allows the enemy to either kill your swarm of smaller ships quickly or allows them to focus down your battleships fast, making them useless in terms of firepower

Isn't building exactly equal quantities bad for balance though? 10 Battleships are not going to have the same pull as 10 Corvettes. For balance you definitely want to increase the numbers as your ships get weaker. I try to go for a multiplication of two for each type. So for every 1 battleship I have 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, and 8 corvettes.
>>
>>7767269
>So for every 1 battleship I have 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, and 8 corvettes.
That's exactly what I meant and what I do
I should have said balanced ratio is good for fleets
>>
I've been meaning to get into Stellaris, recently came across the Avali mod for that and wanna play as them, any advice for someone that's never played it?
>>
>>7767514
The wiki has a decent starting guide http://www.stellariswiki.com/Beginner%27s_guide
although I might be able to answer any questions you've got
>>
>>7767514
There is an in-game tutorial, but it's pretty sparse. It's basically "Here, this is an actual game. You decide the size of the galaxy, the number of opponents, the difficulty, and a bunch of other factors you have no context for." Throughout this game you will then have popups that tell you how things work. You'll need to go to the wiki a lot, I'm not afraid to admit I save-scummed a few times.

The part that really bothers me is that this tutorial was created back on an earlier version of the game, so sometimes the UI explanations don't make any sense. "Now we're going to uplift a primitive species. Go to this tab to find the species page." When in fact the species page isn't there anymore, it was moved in a past update. And the aforementioned uplift quest doesn't end anymore. I've uplifted 3 races now, and the Situation Log still shows me at 0/1 uplifted races.

All that aside... it's a really fun game, you just need to have enough spare time to properly get into it. Also, don't panic if your fleet gets destroyed or if your planets start getting invaded. Empires have a surprising ability to bounce back given enough time. As it is the game sort of has boundries that prevent empires from totally steamrolling each other.
>>
>>7766617
Not enough corvettes. Admittedly I played after release so balance was kind of weird then, but my fleets were always something like 200 corvettes, 40 destroyers, 20 cruisers, and 10 battleships. the 40%+ evasion on corvettes is just too good.

Also it's not an endgame battleship if you don't have a tachyeon lance. Every battleship needs a taycheon lance. Although again, maybe they nerfed them.
>>
>>7768429
That's one of my biggest problems with the game. The combat is already difficult enough to figure out, but every big patch they change everything. And every time there's no big clear guide how it really works.

The devs have even hinted, don't trust the "This weapon type gets +50% vs shields, -33% on armor" indicators because in truth the mechanics are more complicated than that. But those underlying mechanics are hidden, you can never find what they are exactly beyond mindless trial and error.

You find some guides that say corvettes and their evasion are OP and will kill anything, you see people responding with screengrabs that show fleets composed entirely of Battleships taking out corvette fleets with triple the combat power, because evasion has been nerfed. And then you find more recent posts on reddit saying, "no no, corvettes are still OP, you just need to use this layout." I just don't go into battle until my fleet is at 150% that of my enemy and just brute force it. Because fuck figuring out the subtleties.
>>
Hey, anyone wanna maybe play some random shit on Steam?
>>
I just realized, Stellaris is really meant to be a multiplayer game. I've been playing solo because none of my usual Steam friends are interested.

Who here would be down for a round with /trash/ players?
>>
>>7771707
Maybe but I play with a bunch of Alphamod mods.
>>
>tfw I have around 50% of one of the four galactic arms under my control
>thefirerises.png
>>
Rimworld mostly
>>
Just got done with my first long Killing Floor 2 session. That game is great.

Alternating between games set in the Sengoku era and KF2. Massive Dynasty Warriors fag, so Samurai Warriors II has been pretty baller.

I wish Sengoku Basara was on PC.
>>
>>7771707
The only way I'd be willing to do that is if we didn't call each other /trash/ players. Gaming is fine and all, but I don't want to move my degeneracy over to my Steam account.
>>
>>7776753
>using steam
>ever
Steam a shit though, get your games elsewhere like gog, or better yet just pirate them
>>
>>7771707
>tfw I don't have Stellaris
>Gungeon has no online multiplayer
>Never met people I could play Terraria or Starbound with
I want to die
>>
>>7776759

You do realize that Stellaris multiplayer is pretty much impossible to do without Steam, right?
>>
>>7776814
What
>>
>>7776814
>he doesn't know about server emulators
>>
>>7776761
I'm down for Terraria when I get off work
>>
>>7778496
Nah mate my internet is shit right now, can't play multiplayer games
>>
>>7778310
Fuck that. Paradox are bros. I'd rather support the devs than pirate and emulate.

Also those are always terribly buggy.
>>
>>7777777
>>
File: shrug.jpg (789KB, 2122x1415px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
789KB, 2122x1415px
>>7779501
nobody cares
>>
Goodbye.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.