[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the game is out, what is /trash/'s opinion on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 21

File: tOy1aNm.jpg (425KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tOy1aNm.jpg
425KB, 1280x720px
So now that the game is out, what is /trash/'s opinion on Paper Mario: Color Splash?
>>
I'm about two thirds in. Only thing I can really think of to say about it is it's better than Sticker Star. Nothing special.
>>
It's better than Sticker Star, but still boring and way behind 64 & TTYD
>>
Sticker Star 2.0 just like everyone was expecting. Same shit just with a few minor fixes here and there.

Still not the 64 / TTYD that we have been wanting for ages.
>>
TTYD was 12 years ago ;__;
>>
Does it work on Cemu yet?
>>
>>5520652
what's Cemu?
>>
>>5521718
Cemu is the WiiU Emulator.
>>
>every review of Color Splash ever: it's better than Sticker Star
No fucking shit. Anything is better than Sticker Star. Sticker Star is basically rock bottom.
>>
File: bowser.jpg (124KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bowser.jpg
124KB, 1600x900px
>>
File: image.gif (997KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
997KB, 245x184px
>tfw Nintendo thinks nobody likes Paper Mario anymore because of the poor sales of Color Splash
>tfw this is the last Paper Mario.
>>
>slap "party members" in to appease fans.

Fucking...that was the shit that did me in. Instead of real party members, we got cardboard cut outs propped up to look like party members.
>>
>>5536321
I am NOT going to fall for that. Nintendo wants to be ignorant to the cries of their fans they can fuck off and die. No company deserves to exist if it isn't able to accurately understand the market around it. Not even pwecious Nintendo. The writing's been on the wall for years and they need to burn if they'll ever learn.
>>
>>5538512
I don't want people to buy it if they don't like it.
I'm just lamenting the fact Nintendo is so out of touch they could easily make a good chunk of money but they are so stubborn and blind it will most likely never happen
>>
>>5538595
Sometimes companies just go rotten, and the market needs to correct poor behavior. Sega holds a lot of nostalgia too, but they made poor decision after poor decision and it all caught up with them in the end. Nintendo fans get very defensive because they fear the same for Sega, but if Nintendo will continue to be the cancerous load they are, it IS an inevitability. It's not the fault of the fans, it's the fault of Nintendo. They will hang from their own rope.
>>
>>5538512
This sums up my feelings.
>People want a new 3D Mario game after choking on a bunch of 2D ones
>Boom, 3D World
>New Mario Party after the car spinoff
>Boom, Mario Party 10
>New Paper Mario after Sticker Shart
>Boom, Color Trash
>New 2D Metroid, it's been ages
>Boom, Federation Force to celebrate a series' 30th anniversary
>And also shut down a fan reboot of a classic instead of heralding it and thanking the development team or even stopping it well before it released so as not to make a scene
>Instead, they just throw shit about and do everything they can to hurt people who are making fan works and get any publicity "even bad publicity is still publicity" and all that
>Chibi Robo and Pikmin got/getting raped into the 2D world despite nobody wanting it
>>
>>5539116
Nintendo has been really shitty this year.The only series they haven't raped this year was Kirby.
>>
>>5536321

Another example of "lived long enough to become the villain"

I'm okay with Paper Mario Dying, as long as the stink it left on the Mario and Luigi games remains confined to paper jam.

Hopefully the death of Paper Mario means we can see a Mario and Luigi on home consoles.

But be honest here, they're probably not going to end Paper Mario. They'll just make a new game slightly better than color splash, while bringing back none of the things the fans want.
>>
>>5545029
I honestly don't understand why they do it. It's just illogical from a business point of view.

It's not like the fans are being quite about it. Tons of people are complaining and saying exactly what they want.

Nintendo wants to make money right?
>>
>>5545029
depressing, but accurate
>>
>>5549385
It's literally because Nintendo didn't listen to their fans. Color Splash was in development before Sticker Star even got reviews.
>>
We can only hope that the poor wii u sales and bad press will lead to abyssmal sales and make them realize the fans want old paper mario back
Ironicly the best selling console got the worse games
>>
In my trash opinion I think it is a good game.
>>
File: Super Paper Mario Bros. 3.png (423KB, 837x420px) Image search: [Google]
Super Paper Mario Bros. 3.png
423KB, 837x420px
I want to hate this game, but then it tosses in something like this and I feel conflicted. I wonder if there is someone in the development team who knows this isn't want the fans want and is desperately trying to throw the fans a bone while still adhering to their director's asinine demands.
>>
>>5555299
It's probable, cause all it takes is one head high enough on the chain being a retard to fuck literally everything.
For all we know, everyone below Creative Lead could know it and want to make something good, but unable thanks to the head.
Cause the odds of them ALL being retarded enough to pull these stunts is next to impossible.
>>
>>5558216
well we all know what miyamoto said about the serie
>story dosent matter
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (24KB, 412x610px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
24KB, 412x610px
>>5563206
This pisses me of to no end. What made him think that an RPG without plot was a good idea?
>>
>>5569232
Less than 1% of Club Nintendo users said they enjoyed the story of Super Paper Mario.

This is on us.
>>
>>5569519
>Less than 1% of Club Nintendo users in Japan said they enjoyed the story of Super Paper Mario
FTFY
They only surveyed Japanese Club Nintendo users. They don't give a shit what westerners think, so if their own kind didn't praise the story then it must have been bad. So Miyamoto thought if too much story was bad then no story would be perfect.
>>
>>5517803
>>/out/
>>
>>5573773
Why?
>>
Once Miyamoto dies hopefully Nintendo will correct itself from his senile misdirection. He was good in his prime, now his ego and age are negatively impacting the company.
>>
>>5577006
This
>>
Are you forced to use the Wii U gamepad or can you choose to play with the pro controller?
>>
>>5549385
They already have Paper Mario fans' money, they need everyone else's too.
>>
>>5583172
You make playing with the gamepad sound like its a bad thing
>>
>>5583172
You need the gamepad to paint Mario's cards and flick them up
>>
>>5587707
Maybe you don't mind it, but I personally hate using it because it's way too big and uncomfortable for me to hold for a long time. Plus its battery life is inexcusably shit.
>>
File: 1423977497117.png (505KB, 464x699px) Image search: [Google]
1423977497117.png
505KB, 464x699px
>keep hearing people say the writing is good
>play it
>the writing is Borderlands-tier with a shitty joke forced into every sentence
>>
>>5596119
The battery life is the only thing I agree on
>>
>>5596404
The writing is good because Sticker Star set the bar so fucking low
>>
test
>>
>>5596404
I think you're over exaggerating
>>
>>5552735
>Ironicly the best selling console got the worse games
SPM wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't what people expected from Paper Mario, whereas Sticker Star wasn't what people wanted AND a bad game.
>>
>>5614943
Okay
>>
Im not american. Im not familiar with these games and dont know your feelings. But i can say that dark souls have same problem, maybe not that big but still. I expected ds3 to be most successful of all games in series. Story and pve is good but mostly we play ds for pvp. And pvp sucks huge dick. Miyazaki ignored all features ds2 has, he still think blocking with weapons in left hand is not retarded. There are plenty of shit like that. Im not expect good games from him anymore. Tbh its complex problem with japs that they are ignorant retards
>>
File: famalam.png (503KB, 737x426px) Image search: [Google]
famalam.png
503KB, 737x426px
>>
For those who have seen the game, how are the Thing Cards used? Are they just as bad as in Sticker Star?

Like, do they expect you to bring them as the solution to puzzles you haven't encountered yet, fucking you over constantly, and forcing you to fail bosses and backtrack through levels several times? Or are they less intrusive this time?
>>
>>5618929
>Are they just as bad as in Sticker Star?
I made it to the second Big MacGuffin before dropping the game, but from what I played the game beats you over the head with clues as to what to bring.

Otherwise, they're exactly like SS. Complete with the 30 second cutscenes.
>>
>>5618929
Whereas Sticker Star used point and click game logic and was cryptic as fuck, Color Splash was the opposite. The bosses drop several "subtle" clues on how to beat them. I think Jontron says it best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVAhW4ToLFI
Like one area has dialogue that literally goes.
>You got a BONE to pick? Think you're bad to the BONE? No BONEs about it?
and then you fight Iggy that's being guarded by a chain chomp and the game goes "oh no, what Thing can we use to distract the chain chomp?". And during the Wendy boss fight she keeps saying things like "How can you not be smiling at a time like this?" "I want to capture this moment!" "say cheese!" and you just happen to have a Camera Thing Card. Gee, I wonder what we need to use...
And then there's times where Huey outright tells you what Thing Card to use. I guess they made the puzzles piss easy as a response to people complaining about Sticker Star's puzzles.
>>
File: darkness.png (512KB, 803x363px) Image search: [Google]
darkness.png
512KB, 803x363px
>>
File: Life-is-suffering.jpg (42KB, 403x275px) Image search: [Google]
Life-is-suffering.jpg
42KB, 403x275px
>>5617576
>>5628841
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6cUHIbCcs

I guess it makes sense considering all the Shyguys
>>
>tfw learning something from people's word to avoid mistakes when I want to start making games.
>From /trash/

[spoiler]One man's trash is another man's treasure (knowledge), right?[/spoiler]
>>
File: 3AOSyt0.jpg (31KB, 451x393px) Image search: [Google]
3AOSyt0.jpg
31KB, 451x393px
>>5634944
>techno-ragtime

I can dig it.
>>
>>5639408
What game are you making?
>>
Game shouldn't even be at full price.
High price. Low demand.
>>
>>5539116
Whoa whoa whoa. What happened with Pikmin? Are they fucking with my plant boys?!
>>
>>5650895
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FRd5EGVvzg
>>
>>5639408
I'm curious to know what game making tips /trash/ could give that isn't just "hurr put my fetish in there"
>>
>>5654334
kek
>>
File: 1474883058420.webm (3MB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
1474883058420.webm
3MB, 750x420px
>>
File: 1474883128278.webm (3MB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
1474883128278.webm
3MB, 750x420px
>>
File: Worried Laughter.gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
Worried Laughter.gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>5662863
>>5662891
>those dead ones that cease to exist after you stop talking to them
>>
File: colorpoop.png (146KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
colorpoop.png
146KB, 1200x1600px
>>
bump'
>>
File: color splash.png (361KB, 475x609px) Image search: [Google]
color splash.png
361KB, 475x609px
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 645x536px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
58KB, 645x536px
Is Nintendo bribing reviwers?
>>
File: so cute.png (157KB, 387x220px) Image search: [Google]
so cute.png
157KB, 387x220px
>>
>>5676057
Pretty sure since Sticker Star set the bar so low, Color Splash seems like gold compared to it, even though it's literally the same game, just with pop culture and forced humor sprinkled on top of it.
Color splash compres to sticker star? 10/10.
Color splashed compared to TTYD? 5/10.
>>
File: 1434482132938.gif (993KB, 290x198px) Image search: [Google]
1434482132938.gif
993KB, 290x198px
>>5676057
I pirated it the day it leaked. No, it is most certainly not an "excellent experience".

>Battling is still pointless and annoying (you're paint capacity only needs to be at like 200 and you're good for the rest of the game)
>writing is Gearbox shit
>all you do is run around hitting white spots with some mediocre platforming thrown in

It doesn't matter how shit the game is apparently, as long as it looks pretty and has """funny""" writing.
>>
File: 1475877456346.png (3MB, 1144x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1475877456346.png
3MB, 1144x1638px
>>
>>5652311
... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
>>
>>5667028
>tfw you get to see brief, rare as fuck bowser desperation in a comic criticizing color splash

the things I have to do to scrounge together my extremely small, niche fap material. Thanks

also color splash does look terrible, etc etc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKgPWVgrzQ

It sucks that I agree with all the points this Sesame Street reject makes
>>
File: 1453759701935.jpg (215KB, 693x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453759701935.jpg
215KB, 693x1000px
It's so bad it doesn't even belong in /trash/
>>
>>5708303
sauce?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W5z-Zwm6e4
>>
>>5709746
Finally a review I like
>>
>>
File: bad at first.png (137KB, 375x214px) Image search: [Google]
bad at first.png
137KB, 375x214px
>>
Looks decent to meh to me. This is coming from someone that managed to get some enjoyment out of Sticker Star. I know that game is fundamentally flawed but there are still things I liked.
>>
>>5726569
Tell me what things you found in Sticker Star to be enjoyable?
>>
>>5726569
>Unoriginal characters
>Bland Miyamoto mario world formula instead of a story
>Pointless battles with no rewards
>Bland "humor"
>No partners, only a nagging NPC
>Game is now self aware that the world is made of paper
>Bosses just need thing stickers to win
>Attacks are consumable
>World is now level selecting like Mario World instead of being open world

I hope you're seeing something that's enjoyable that nobody else has seen yet.
>>
>>5727165
The sad thing is, I can't tell if you're talking about Sticker Star or Color Splash
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.