[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Autistic habits. We share ours. >When playing games,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 24

File: 1474106449875.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1474106449875.gif
2MB, 659x609px
ITT: Autistic habits. We share ours.

>When playing games, I will repeat tutorial over and over until I do it perfectly.

>When listening to music, I like to imagine myself as an edgelord demonic creature, fighting crazy powerful foes, who still don't stand a chance against me.
>>
File: 40-thunderdome50.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
40-thunderdome50.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
Another one of the most autistic habits I've ever picked up (which is recent) would be after reading the weapon history stories from the game drakengard, I started making up my own.

I don't plan on stopping.
>>
File: 1474193042928.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474193042928.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
I look at pictures of Donald Trump to fill me with the determination and courage needed to face the day head on.
>>
I panic when people look at me.
Eye contact is fucking scary.

I tend to find myself on two extremes of concentration: either completely engrossed for hours on end or completely ADD.
Sort of explains how I did stop motion when I was younger despite the fact that I couldn't muster up the attention span to read a book in years.

I take my watch off when I go to the bathroom because I willingly flushed my favourite toy down the toilet when I was three to punish myself for something stupid I did.
I've never trusted myself holding small objects near windows inside fast-moving vehicles or standing near the edge of tall buildings since.
>>
File: 35-weapan16.jpg (34KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
35-weapan16.jpg
34KB, 720x480px
>>5315154
sounds like intrusive thoughts almost, you know, the whole

>riding in car
>feel urge to throw iphone out of window

thing
>>
>>5315488
That sounds like it.
Reading the wiki article, a lot of it aligns with agressive thoughts:
>jumping from a bridge, mountain, or the top of a tall building
>urges to jump in front of a train or automobile
Every time I see the train pull in.
>imagining or wishing harm upon someone close to oneself
>impulses to violently attack, hit, harm or kill a person, small child, or animal
>impulses to shout at or abuse someone, or attack and violently punish someone, or say something rude, inappropriate, nasty, or violent to someone

>riding in car
>feel urge to throw iphone out of window
That, too.

>These thoughts are part of being human
What a fucking relief.
>>
File: 36-ironscraps2.jpg (40KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
36-ironscraps2.jpg
40KB, 720x480px
>>5315948
don't worry friend, if you're here, you're still absolutely fucked in the head no matter what
>>
I argue with myself out loud
>>
When playing games I need to open every locker, open every lock and go through all messages and written texts that there are.
I played Deus Ex few times through and every time I read all of the fucking e-mails on every computer.
Also I pick up all money and somewhat expensive loot that the enemies drop.
I'm practically like a hoarder when I'm playing games and I always run out of inventory space.
>>
>>5320558
Oh hey, it's me. This isn't autistic though, right guys?
Right?

Joking aside, apart from playing Dues Ex, this is fucking me.
>>
>>5314405
Back in the PSX days, while playing Medal of Honor, every time I reloaded the weapon I would pretend the controller was the weapon and imitate the reloading animations IRL. Every single time. I even avoided playing those particular games when there was somebody around so I wouldn't look like an autist.

>>5320558
>go through all messages and written texts
Same here. I once restarted a harvest moon game with nearly 100 hours in it because I accidentaly pressed twice a button a missed a text and wasn't able to get it again.
>>
>>5314405
I think I have OCD. Everytime I touch an animal I feel the urge to wash my hands, and the dirty sensation on my hands won't disappear until I clean them. Very annoying.
>>
>>5321521
>accidentaly pressed twice a button a missed a text and wasn't able to get it again
Nightmare scenario for me.
>>
>>5321521
>100 fucking hours in

jesus

the worst I've ever done is restart a level when missing some text
>>
i purposely strain my eyes by looking far left and right. sometimes i twist my neck convulse a little bit while doing this

don't know why, just seems right
>>
>>5321521
im sorry anon but that's hilarious

do you dance using weapon reloads as well?
>>
File: why am I so autistic.jpg (46KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
why am I so autistic.jpg
46KB, 500x344px
>>5326459

> Made a non furry android OC.
>>
File: shame cube.gif (3MB, 320x227px) Image search: [Google]
shame cube.gif
3MB, 320x227px
>>5323894
>do you dance using weapon reloads as well?
No, but I even imitated the sounds it made out loud.

>>5322124
I thought I was gonna be able to handle it and saved over pretending it didn't happen, but the remorse got so bad I had to restart...
>>
>>5327502
at least you didn't do it in public
>>
File: 22663_ppl.jpg (63KB, 644x270px) Image search: [Google]
22663_ppl.jpg
63KB, 644x270px
>>5314405
>When listening to music, I like to imagine myself as an edgelord demonic creature, fighting crazy powerful foes, who still don't stand a chance against me.
Literally this, except I like to imagine myself in some sort of robotic suit (i.e. Iron Man)
>>
Whenever I'm making food with a knife, I'll stab the air, pretending I'm fighting off zombies or burglars or something.
>>
File: 1412547975250.jpg (40KB, 441x289px) Image search: [Google]
1412547975250.jpg
40KB, 441x289px
I do this thing where I suddenly say something aloud to distract myself from a negative thought. What I say is usually some random thing I was thinking about recently.

I didn't know what it was at first but I realized it happened when I remembered something I hate about myself or some moment that was embarrassing.

I have to try really hard to avoid doing it around other people. It's fucking weird.
>>
File: 1463647055568.png (285KB, 629x608px) Image search: [Google]
1463647055568.png
285KB, 629x608px
>Reading something online, usually 4chan
>Read something funny
>Repeat it out loud
>Feeling of mild euphoria
>Laugh, rub my eyes
>Get out of chair and walk a couple circles around the room, mouthing out the buildup to the funny comment
>Whisper funny comment again and laugh
>Sometimes mouth out different ways the conversation could go/what I would say in that situation
>Feeling of euphoria disappears
>Sit back down
Thank Christ I don't get the urge to do this around company.
>>
>>5329350
I wish I could get this happy doing stupid shit
>>
>>5329076
hey there roberto, how are ya?

ha-HA
>>
I pretend I have a good life.
>>
File: 1473395206830.png (314KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473395206830.png
314KB, 640x640px
>>5331296
DAMAGED
>>
>>5314405
I listen to the main theme of Undertale and cry because I somehow associated that happy tune to death.
>>
>>5314405
Are you me?
https://soundcloud.com/upscale-recordings/alon-mor-clockvice-the-fifth-collaje do this (it's electronic)

I am cringelord because I watch movies or play games and imagine how much better life would be if you were the main character of one of the game's protagonists.
>>
>>5315488
>>riding in car
>>feel urge to throw iphone out of window
I thought I was the only one that had those thoughts. Obviously, I never do it, but the "what if?" always comes to mind.
>>
>>5323894
Can someone post the original weapon reload dancing post? I can't find it.
>>
>>5331618
literally a 3 second google search

what are you doing

http://imgur.com/a/ThQU5
>>
>>5329350
>>Sometimes mouth out different ways the conversation could go/what I would say in that situation
Oh god, I do this sometimes. Usually not with 4chan stuff, but I imagine what would happen if I were involved in a TV show, story, etc.
>tfw that OP self-insert you imagined yourself as as a kid is still clinging on to your modern day delusions
>>
>>5327502
Well, what did the text say in the end?
>>
>>5332667
"..."
>>
I always had an active imagination. More than active probably but anyways, I spend a lot of time daydreaming, I have about ten or eleven books worth of worlds written in my head just from daydreaming, talking full trilogies.

Never really had the confidence in my writing to put it to paper though, sucks but what can you do?
>>
>>5332852
similar situation here, but my stories are not really cemented. They constantly change and I think about the same situations in a different way. They can get pretty fucking long, and I could absolutely make a 100 hour movie of all of the events quite easily, if drawn out, how it would need to be and is in my head

Plus, being the OP and the second post here >>5314418 I do make small stories as well.
>>
im literally autist
>>
>>5333204
We can tell.
>>
Out of sheer curiosity I began logging data about my fapping sessions in Excel.
>>
>>5333258
wh...what does it say?

what have you learned?
>>
>>5333274
Mostly basic stuff. Date, start time and end time, subject matter, a vague satisfaction rating column, brief comments column for any sudden thoughts.

As for what I've learned, mostly that I've been going at it for longer over the past months, and that I beat it to females roughly 74-78% of the time, and males/other for the remaining percentage. I've got a sample size of 212 so far,
>>
>>5333217
im not joking, though
>>
>>5333349
Neither am I buddy, neither am I.
>>
Whenever I listen to music (any kind), I imagine a character, enviroment or situation fitting for it. Does this count?
>>
>>5333618
Honestly I'm pretty sure most people do this.

Except COMPLETE fucking normies who only listen to new generic hip hop for the sole purpose of "dancing" in a club without actually giving a shit about the song.

I fucking hate normies so much. How can you possibly enjoy listening to your rap music while standing on a crowned train whiles it's playing through your shitty phone speaker?
>>
>>5314405
Sometimes, I repeat the same segment of a game over and over until I do it perfectly, without using healing items, using the minimal amount of ammunition possible, preferably taking no damage.

Also sometimes when listening to music, I like to imagine them as some sort of theme to some of my characters, it helps me to build them a bit more. I also sometimes create characters based on music. Even more autistic is when I imagine the music as an opening theme and make an opening in my head. I try to take into account lyrics and melody to make fitting opening sequences.

Sometimes when driving, and the lamp posts or traffic signs aren't symmetrical, I'll feel really uncomfortable sensations on my body. Like, if there is a lamp post to the right, but not one to the left, my left side will feel "lighter" or "empty" and my right side will feel "heavier" or "full".

And this fucking picture made me laugh so hard I almost passed out.
>>
File: fallinghare57.png (537KB, 639x476px) Image search: [Google]
fallinghare57.png
537KB, 639x476px
>Play stealth game
>the game tells me It's okay if I get spotted one or two times as long as I don't overdo it
>gets spotted
>nope...fuck this Imma gonna restart the whole level
>>
>>5334032
the game letting me get spotted a certain amount o times just makes it fucking worse for me, because I just fucking know there's a counter somewhere in the games files remembering how many times I fucked up.
>>
File: Port Maw.jpg (581KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Port Maw.jpg
581KB, 1920x1080px
Sometimes when playing games, especially if the main character is faceless and/or mute or doesn't speak much, I'll picture myself standing there in armour/uniform, talking and responding. I especially do this in strategy games, like Dragon Commander or Gothic Armada, pretending I'm in a room in some stronghold with other characters/generals and planning.

Mercifully, I haven't yet become so autistic as to talk out loud while doing this.
>>
>>5334375
It's only a matter of time anon.
>>
File: Zealot_SC1.jpg (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Zealot_SC1.jpg
84KB, 800x600px
>>5334375
When I was a little kid, I did this when I played Starcraft.

I don't do it anymore, though.
>>
>>5332852
>>5332870
Oh shit, more of me. I'm worse off though because mine is basically fanfiction.

>>5333618
I do that sometimes, but not often.
>>
if I play a game while i'm drunk I will go over a LP or replay parts even if I think I remember it 100% because i'm paranoid that I missed something

also I keep all of my games in an excel spreadsheet and color code them by played, will replay, and not yet played and have a randomizer function that picks my next game (steamroulette was down so I was like "fuck it" and did it my way)
>>
>>5334032
I do this in every stealth game, I think it's a good habit because it teaches you how to 100% stealth the level
>>
>>5333618
I always do this.

I suspect it's common, though. Music is pretty emotionally inspiring, so it would be odd if most people's imaginations don't get stimulated.
>>
I make sound effects for my movements
>>
>>5314405
>>When playing games, I will repeat tutorial over and over until I do it perfectly.
That's not really autistic, you're just practicing really hard. Maybe some autists do it, but it's not really a qualifier for being one. And it's better than pulling a DSP.

This one, on the other hand, I'm not really gonna disagree with you on...
>>
I don't listen to loud music or do specific tasks while listening to music because I think I'm not worthy enough to do such things while listening to my favorite songs. God fucking dammit this is so autistic.
>>
>>5338742
>Disagreeing on the first point and agreeing on the second

that's the exact opposite of what it should be

Lots of people have fantasies when they listen to music, at least, the people that care about it do.
>>
>>5314405
>always at least try to get all achievements in the games I play
>always restart if spotted in a stealth game, even if there is no penalty
>have fully fleshed ideas for videogames that I will never bother to make real
I also "sing" songs that don't have lyrics all the time when I'm alone.
I-I'm not that bad, right?
>>
>>5340754
nah you're chill
>>
>>5318142
everyone does this you normie
>>
File: 106641.jpg (10KB, 206x195px) Image search: [Google]
106641.jpg
10KB, 206x195px
>>5343511
>>5318142
>out loud
Fuck, I hate this as bad as people who talk to the tv
>>
>>5343570
nobody said anything about doing it in public
>>
>>5315154
> eye contact
I feel your pain, dude.
What found helpful is to focus on a single eye. It's not as bad and it's indistinguishable to the other person.
>>
>>5340754
>not too awful
>not all that bad
>perfectly normal
>fairly normal
>>
File: o shit.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
o shit.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>5314405

When I remember something fucking absolutely retarded I did from long ago I shake my left hand and blurt out shit like "I'll fight you" or some shit about Turnips and/or spiders. So far I've managed to keep that shit under control if public.
>>
>>5347732
>turnips and or spiders

?
>>
I prop a coin against the front door at night so I know if my mum has left the house. If it's lying flat in the morning, I know it's safe to watch/listen to stuff without my headphones.
If she notices it and asks, I'll say it's so I know if burglars have been in.
>>
>>5347732
What. Did Turnips kill your family or something?
>>
File: 1465560237605.jpg (32KB, 603x403px) Image search: [Google]
1465560237605.jpg
32KB, 603x403px
>>5352537
Damn you turnips...
DAMN YOU ALL!!!
>>
File: 1474366390985.png (90KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
1474366390985.png
90KB, 329x329px
>whisper magical girl attack names to myself for protection whenever i think there's a robber
>believe that if i think about something, it won't come true, so i force myself not to think of good scenarios and only think of bad scenarios so they won't happen
>since i was a kid i always created challenges for myself randomly in order to gain something or prevent something from happening (hold your breath until the loading bar is completed and you'll have a good day tomorrow, make it to the bathroom with your eyes closed and you'll do good on that test in class next week and if you open them you'll do badly, etc.)
>if i bump a body part on an object and it hurts i purposefully hit it against the object again 3 more times but softer
>hate repetition or dejavu so anytime i get the feeling of it i do something i probably haven't done before in the same spot (say something dumb out loud to myself, hop over a barrier instead of walking over it, etc.)

I feel like drawing an original character for this that does some of these things as an outlet so maybe it'll stop in real life. It just seems really unhealthy.
>>
>>5329350
This is funny and kind of an endearing autism due to that you actually get out of your chair for it.
>>
>>5354574
Damn, thought I was the only one who did stuff like 2 and 3.
Pretty annoying, since on one side you know how stupid and useless it is but you still do it, because after all something bad could happen if you don't.
>>
>>5354574
>>believe that if i think about something, it won't come true, so i force myself not to think of good scenarios and only think of bad scenarios so they won't happen
I've heard of people doing that, particularly if they're going on a plane.
>>
>>5355420
Must suck if someone did that on a plane that ended up crashing. Probably thought they jinxed it
>>
Whenever I find something funny or cool, I turn to my husband and get his attention, and I fucking struggle to not just stare at him while he watches it. I sometimes catch myself staring and waiting for a facial or verbal response. When he finally reacts, I react too. I hate that I do this.

I organize my cups so all their handles are facing the same way.

I center my keyboard on my table whenever I notice it shifted even slightly out of place.

I say meow out loud sometimes, not random or anything, but like whenever I ask for cuddles and stuff.

I shower after going to the bathroom to poop. Every time.

I tap my fingers on my knees to the beat of my music as well as tap my feet and nod my head.

While typing this I realize just how autistic I am.
Fuck.
>>
>>5314405

>become an edge lord fighting powerful foes when listening to music

Holy shit, I'm not the only

Usually for me I make up a story for each song I listen to, though.

Like...say, The Weak Willed by All That Remains. I imagine a peaceful guy who doesn't want to kill anything getting provoked by a weird demon thing and at the end, kills it and looks scared, realizing what he did.

Almost every song I listen to, I have a story for.
>>
File: 1473629786428.jpg (15KB, 592x352px) Image search: [Google]
1473629786428.jpg
15KB, 592x352px
Sometimes I'll go on a thread and think I finally have something of value enough to stop lurking and post.
>I post what I think is good content/conversation/etc.
>Rapid refresh waiting for replies when I should just move on
>Nothing happens forever, so I finally leave
>Come back a long time later, plenty of posts
>Get excited
>none to mine; just shit posts, unrelated stuff or people arguing.
>Go back to lurking in defeat

This addiction to (You)'s is ungodly and unquenchable
>>
I shamelessly smell my girlfriends panties when she's not around. That's probably more just deviant than autistic, but eh.
>>
I have a habit of collecting money from the government for being autistic.
>>
File: ppgz041.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ppgz041.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>5361833
>While typing this I realize just how autistic I am.
All your things seemed ridiculously normie though.

The only thing that's slightly weird is that you say meow for your cuddles, which means that you just never grew out of your embarrassing middle school phase.
>>
>>5363431
>seem rediculously normie
>calling me a normie
#TRIGGERED REEEE
>>
When I shit, I have to be completely naked. Something about not wanting the shit germs in the air on my clothes. You'd think it'd be the other way around: me being fully clothed so it doesn't get on ME, but no, apparently not.
>>
>>5365391
Have you ever had to do it out of your own house?
>>
>>5365405
Oh yeah, I forgot. I don't think I took my clothes off those times. I guess it's only in my house, then.
>>
>>5314405
I sometimes pause a YouTube video of a cartoon to count how teeth a character has in certain facial expressions.

Similarly, in pics of artwork I sometimes count stuff like how many points of hair they have (by points I mean sorta like what Villager from Animal Crossing has).
>>
>>5362463
Here baby, (you)
>>
File: 1469824571617.gif (2MB, 200x109px) Image search: [Google]
1469824571617.gif
2MB, 200x109px
>>5366893
ahhhh, that's the stuff..
Thank you senpai.
>>
>>5362463
I do the same thing man, also have this (You). Us (You) addicts need to look out for each other.
>>
I get extremely angry over even the most minor of factual inaccuracies in movies or television.
>>
>>5362463
For (You)
>>
File: 1474072521565.jpg (7KB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474072521565.jpg
7KB, 207x200px
I pretend to reload pistols in class using my fingers+side of palms or textbooks

I've been doing it ever since I was a child and I want to stop
>>
>>5354574
I'm similar to 2nd and 3rd, in a way 4th as well.
From time to time a thought emerges in my mind saying something like: if you do/don't do this or that something good/bad will happen. This tendency generated some really intense misery for me in a few occasions. Sometimes I would try very hard not to think of a particular bad scenario because I was terrified that that scenario will happen if I think about it. And you know what happens if you try not to think about something - you think about that thing. So it was some real psychological terror, intrusive thoughts that made me very nervous and scared.
I think these and similar thought processes are the basis of superstitions. So here is the interesting part: I actually managed to get rid of most of these intrusive thoughts.
Since I value rationality, I told to myself: there is no basis to believe these thoughts, no reason to behave in accordance with them. So the next time I thought about "if I do X something bad will happen," I did X. When I thought about "if I do X something good will happen," I did the exact opposite of X. And behold, nothing bad happened. This gave me evidence and confidence that these intrusive thoughts are hollow and random and I don't have take them into account. And once I started ignoring them, the amount of these thoughts gradually decreased and now they are pretty rare.
>>
I wash my ass after wiping
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.