[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>artist won't draw my request

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 23

File: 1466272228934.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
1466272228934.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>artist won't draw my request
>>
File: 9fc.jpg (59KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
9fc.jpg
59KB, 500x715px
>>5314179
>artist does thing i dont like #48563215
>>
>Shop won't give me item for free
>>
>>5317076
>what is foodsharing
>>
request something better
>>
>>5317005
>autistic faggot complains about artist thread #59236814
>>
>"No requests" in profile
>"No requests" in journals
>Submit a pic about no requests
>People still asking for requests
Why?
>>
>>5314179
Gee, maybe because it was retarded?
>>
>>5318065
Just to make sure if you were taking commissions or not. I wish people like you didn't use reverse psychology and were just straight forward about when they will take requests.
>>
>>5317650
Sharing
as in
the guy chooses to give you something
not you decide for him to give you something
>>
>>5317971
>autistic refusal to consolidate all artist gossip threads into one general #8675309
>>
>>5319929
That's retarded. We're not making a general for every thread that has one thing in common just because your autism gets triggered everytime someone makes one.
>>
>>5319985
Why not? You guys have a new artist gossip thread every other day.
The one thing they have in common is the premise, artist gossip.
I ain't even mad bro.
>>
>>5320018
If you weren't even mad you would choose to ignore them instead of going to each one to passive aggressively bitch about them.
>>
>>5320295
I'm not the anon you originally replied to m8.

I lurk the artist threads. I'm not bitching, a general just makes sense.
>>
>>5314179
Sounds like someone's getting real asshurt that people won't draw scat for them :^)
>>
>>5323165
>implying
>>
>ask for requests
>state that i won't draw x
>gets requested x
>>
File: 1471235888705.png (713KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
1471235888705.png
713KB, 512x768px
>Artist stops doing commissions and only does YCH auctions that always go $250+, usually by the same group of people
>>
>request artist draw something
>artist dies

Every single time.
>>
>>5326973
>artist posts clear list of likes and dislikes
>ask for something on the acceptable list
>get rejected
Hurts evrytm
>>
>>5329939
what was it?
>>
>>5331942
Most recent was actually a writefag: https://mistyfdfa.tumblr.com/post/150141990802/ // https://mistyfdfa.tumblr.com/requestguidelines

I thought I totally had it when I read that last line about 'no fatal vore'
But alas, it wasn't meant to be
>>
File: My Child.gif (1MB, 322x262px) Image search: [Google]
My Child.gif
1MB, 322x262px
>>5327130

Ppl gotta make money, and $5 dollar comishes don't put bread and butter on the table.
>>
File: 1423543857083.png (196KB, 1453x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1423543857083.png
196KB, 1453x1402px
I hate it when artists are trying too hard to be nice or cute. It just seems manipulative to me and you can never tell when people like this are being real with you or not.

>"opening commishuns you guyss :3"
>"oh man I love all my followers so damn much!!! uwu"
>>
>>5332279
You're autistic as hell.
>>
File: IMG_0560.gif (916KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0560.gif
916KB, 490x367px
>>5332290
>>
>>5332343
It's true though. You're thinking someone is being manipulative for being nice.
>>
>>5327130
I can tell you doing commissions, especially for furries, are soul crushing. Hence you see so many artist going YCH, adoptables and Patreon.

I'd tell you about some of those degenerate ideas I've gotten, but it'd be a long write.
>>
File: Oh MMmmmmaannnnn.png (191KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
Oh MMmmmmaannnnn.png
191KB, 208x200px
>>5332419

Tell us, I'm a draw-fag and usually take free requests from draw-threads and the occasional commish, tell me what you have encountered...
>>
>>5332365
Not that anon, but if you actually think people treat some stranger that's paying them like they're good buddies purely out of genuine kindness and compassion, you are a moron. Clearly, you've never read Clients from Hell.
>>
>>5335082
Do you get annoyed when you got to the store and the workers smile and ask you how you're doing? Of course they probably don't care and they're just trying to do their job. Some workers actually enjoy casual conversation with customers. It's just be courteous. That's not manipulation.
>>
>>5335209
Yes, it's annoying because it's all fake. They're obligated to be friendly because a payment is on the line. You think that when a free lance worker says "Oh I would love to work on X" they actually mean that? No, they're just saying that because you are a potiental client just like how they "Love" to work on all potential client's projects. If employees could act how they truly felt towards customers without fear of being fired you would see an influx of crabby and antisocial employees that would most likely tell you to piss off. There's a reason the saying "leave your personal life at the door" exists. But whatever, enjoy living in your fantasyland where employees are dying to talk to you and enjoy dealing with your shit out of kindness and not because you're just an addition to their paycheck to them.
>>
>>5335364
>But whatever, enjoy living in your fantasyland where employees are dying to talk to you and enjoy dealing with your shit out of kindness and not because you're just an addition to their paycheck to them.
I never even said this. I've worked in customer service before, and know how it is. Saying hello how are you is not manipulation. Only a fucking sperg would be this annoyed by normal human interaction.
>>
>>5332077
The artist normally charged about $75-$85 for standard 1-character commissions, which seems enough given their popularity.
>>
File: 1467833489703.png (2MB, 1660x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1467833489703.png
2MB, 1660x1660px
>>5327130
You mean this?
>>
>>5335549

> which seems enough given their popularity.

That artist managed to nearly quadruple his prices and people are still willing to pay, so obviously he's worth far more than 80$ and was undercutting his own prices like crazy at those prices.
Popularity doesn't mean a thing if there's a paying audience.
>>
>>5333146
I'll try to keep it short and vague, don't want to name names. There are ideas that sounds good in the head, but is a total clusterfuck in practice. As you might know, furries are already fucked in the head, now imagine you have to draw their autistic fantasies. And sometimes when you're done, they see the final work and realized it doesn't work as well as they hoped. They would throw an autistic fit and demand redo or refund. Not only that but it also pollutes your page, driving away more rational people and potential clients, and giving you a bad rep.

Now if I were you, I'll stop commission altogether and go YCH or Patreon. Because it's definitely not worth the money, unless you can charge professional industry price.
>>
Artists don't owe you shit (unless it's a commission).
>>
File: YCH_pigshit.jpg (137KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
YCH_pigshit.jpg
137KB, 1280x715px
>>5335821
>implying YCHs are going to stop autistic furfags from shoving their degenerate fetishes onto you
kek
>>
>>5335890
It won't stop but it'll help, since you're deciding on the pose and idea. The safest is Patreon because you can draw whatever you want and snag a few donors on the way. Also because you have full control, you can make better quality art and thus attract more followers and donors.
>>
File: 1437710189593.png (689KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
1437710189593.png
689KB, 1280x989px
>>5335821
>don't want to name names
Why?
>>
>>5335946
That's the words of a true capitalist. Highest amount of cash out of the the least amount of work. I'm proud of you, son.
>>
>>5314179
I know this is probably shitty bait, but frankly, I don't bother requesting anymore since I've come to terms with the fact that any good drawfag will pass over it 9 times out of 10, regardless of autism levels, and I don't to spam it repeatedly only to end up with want low tier drawfags potentially fulfilling it. I just commission shit.Drawthreads are just shit for a myriad of reasons anyway.
>>
>>5336080

More like keeping the amount of work somewhat reasonable, instead of going over and over some picture because the customer wanted something to be different and failed to communicate it to the artist.
Not to mention with some people the planning phase can take longer than the drawing itself, because they didn't really even know what they wanted to get before they contacted the artist.

YCH is great in that regard, you know what you get right off the bat.
>>
File: really house.gif (631KB, 489x532px) Image search: [Google]
really house.gif
631KB, 489x532px
>post requests artists have made for me to my various accounts, stating that they were requests and give credit to the actual artists
>still get messages telling me "my" art is great, and asking if I take requests
>>
>>5336518
> instead of going over and over some picture because the customer wanted something to be different and failed to communicate it to the artist.
HA! Don't act like that's the common case with most commissioners. I know most are relatively easy to handle and the ones you describe are maybe in 1 of 10. Furthermore, every artist has certain people who'll come back to commission again. But yes, of course, it's still annoying to draw stuff you may not enjoy yourself, and people who act like total douchbags. And that's why
>YCH is great in that regard, you know what you get right off the bat.
...for a ludicrous high amount of money. I mean, we are not talking about a high quality print of said YCH drawing. It's just a digital one you throw into your fap folder and maybe straddle your paddle to three times before forgetting it. Of course, if you've payed $1,500 for it, you'll force yourself to believe it's worth 10 cumshots.

Come on, you don't really do YCH auctions as an artist because your customers "know what they get right off the bat", but because the payment is insane for a drawing you already have a sketch of. A sketch of something YOU decide how it looks.
Just imagine to be as popular as rajii for example. You have full control over everything. You restrict the setting, enviornment and action. You restrict the characters (feral/anthro, male/female/herm), and maybe set an extra fee for stuff like wings or a cum version. Then you set the usual commission price a.k.a. "starting bid" to start the auction. Now everyone who outbids the last bidder, means additional profit. And if you manage to have the popularity to get your drawings sold for hundreds of dollars, people will actually believe your drawings are worth those prices. YCH really is great, yes.
>>
File: Susie4.png (139KB, 387x467px) Image search: [Google]
Susie4.png
139KB, 387x467px
>Commission a popular artist
>Ask them to host it on their page
>They don't

I just wanted people to see it. It wasn't even anything weird, just a pin-up like dozens of others they did post.
>>
>friend is an artist
>they mention they're short on cash
>they don't want hand-outs
>offer to buy a commission from them to help them out
>give them 100 bucks
>this was two months ago

They've done a few pieces since then, even hosted a few YCH auctions for more cash. I've reminded them and they keep showing me hella slow progress. It's starting to get really awkward, but I'm a pussy and don't want to start shit.
>>
>>5337236
>two months
>slow progress
>starting to get really awkward
I think your friend scammed you.

>done a few pieces since then, even hosted a few YCH auctions
I'm sure your friend scammed you.
>>
>>5337134

>because the payment is insane
>For a ludicrous high amount of money

The payment isn't insane, none of the commission prices are even even remotely high when you look at the big picture.
Unless of course your mind immediately jumps into the ones that cost 1k, which are a rarity at best.
100$ for a pic is nothing considering the hours artists put into them.
Often you're looking at minimum wage or far under it.

The problem with the fandom or most of the online art world is, that there are so many kids drawing stuff for absolute peanuts.
So people have gotten used to the retarded prices of 40$ for ref sheet or 25$ for a fully colored single character picture with a background.
Of course the quality of that art isn't even close to what better artists are doing, but it still means that the mental image of art having to cost jack shit is there.
YCH is great at countering that, artist are now actually able to push past sums like 150$ without having to have a follower base of 12k people and a big name.
And there's nothing wrong with setting an extra fee for a more complex character, everyone does this.
Drawing a hand or a wing aren't equal tasks to pull off.

>And if you manage to have the popularity to get your drawings sold for hundreds of dollars, people will actually believe your drawings are worth those prices

Tell me what are drawings supposed to be worth then?
Why can't they be worth hundreds of dollars?
I'm genuinely interested in knowing what you think artists should be charging for their work.
>>
>>5337236
You've been scammed, friendo. It hurts, but consider it an idiot tax and learn from it.
>>
>>5337567
>100$ for a pic is nothing considering the hours artists put into them.

Not that guy, but I'd have no problem paying a good artist like Rajii a $100 base price. What sucks is when they shift to YCH auctions as the only means of getting art from them, and you have to outbid people who are perfectly willing to bid over $300 for a picture that would be around $100 if it was a normal commission.
>>
>>5337567
>Tell me what are drawings supposed to be worth then?

Art, especially digital art, is inherently worthless. It is worth only what someone is willing to convince themselves it is worth. Artists can try to justify it with how much effort they put forth and the time of their lives wasted, but at the end of the day they're trying to sell luxuries. Nobody needs art.
>>
>>5337787
Time is valuable and art is a luxury commodity
>>
>>5337236
He hustled you
>>
File: 1472920147692.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1472920147692.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>5335821
>I've been constantly been getting pissed that so many fucking artists have been giving in to the dark temptations of Jewtreon and YCHs
>Now I know that artists are only half the problem
God I hate being a furfag
>>
>>5337567
I see you actually believe what you are saying.
No, of course, if you have like 100 followers you won't be able to pull off those prices.
But should you be a freelance artist with such a low viewer base? No, you should get a job with a stable ground.
Show me someone who sells more fully colored drawings with background for 25 dollars than someone with more skill who charges three times that price and has been drawing as long as the other guy.
The mental image those low price artists project is "I get what I pay for". The quality is one important thing that matters. And there is no more subjective interpretation of quality than an art style. Maybe something you think looks bad is loved by someone else. But surely you know that.

>artist are now actually able to push past sums like 150$ without having to have a follower base of 12k people and a big name.
You don't become an artist to become rich. At least you shouldn't try. Being an artist has never been a well payed job, and it never will be. So, again, for that matter YCH auctions really are a blessing, yes. You get more money for less work.

>Drawing a hand or a wing aren't equal tasks to pull off.
Funny how you are trying to justify the wings part but not the cum version which isn't an uncommon fee artists take either.

What drawings are supposed to be worth? We are not talking about anything physical here. We are not talking about a picture on a real life sized canvas someone drew over 2 months. We are talking about a digital drawing someone sat two days on. Hundreds of dollars? No, not for that.
Tell me, how long have you been an artist? How much time do you invest approximately into a single picture? Breaks not included, of course. 10 hours? 12? How much do you charge for them? And how much do you believe they are actually worth?
>>
>>5335632
> $1600 for 30 shitty pictures that already exist

mfw
>>
>artist's sketches look great
>artist's finished stuff looks like horseshit
FUCKING TOTO
>>
File: 1472375869064.png (24KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472375869064.png
24KB, 1200x900px
>artist you like opens requests/commissions
>you don't know what to ask for
>>
>>5346652
>Not randomly thinking up an idea or two for an artist you want to commission before they open
>>
File: Doug_disgruntled.gif (5KB, 228x236px) Image search: [Google]
Doug_disgruntled.gif
5KB, 228x236px
>artist won't take commissions
>>
File: fargo-film-marge.jpg (67KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
fargo-film-marge.jpg
67KB, 500x277px
>Artist is Shadman
>>
>>5314179
I commonly take requests when I stream. I had this one guy request a stupid character, so I went with the base species and just started doing my own thing. He flips his shit and starts ordering me around, like I owe him something. I started fucking with him and dragging it on, finally getting something close to what he wants. I'll never upload it. :3

I like taking requests, but in the end, I'm gonna draw whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>5327130
If it's constantly going up to that price, then that's how much it's worth.
>>
File: 1468886508370.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1468886508370.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>5335807
>so obviously he's worth far more than 80$ and was undercutting his own prices like crazy at those prices.

>obviously worth more
>undercutting prices

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I love this meme

Nah, he, like every artist, is just being a jewish kike because he knows there's a group of autists that will pay anything.

"Underselling yourself" kys if you believe this shitty meme
>>
File: art.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>5352906
>then that's how much it's worth.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/framed-4chan-post-sells-for-90000-on-ebay-screenshot-of-auction-now-up-for-bidding-9646844.html
>>
>>5353002
This is art, because it makes me laugh.
>>
File: hotline bling.png (838KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
hotline bling.png
838KB, 1180x842px
>>5352970
>being a jewish kike
Name one reason why an artist shouldn't charge more if people are consistently willing to pay.
>>
>>5353117
What about the people who can afford a drawing for 500$?
>>
>>5353162
They don't a drawing until they save up for one.
>>
File: You couldn't stop me.jpg (118KB, 1022x1126px) Image search: [Google]
You couldn't stop me.jpg
118KB, 1022x1126px
>want to commission a reference for an OC
>have no reference to show artists to draw it

I could describe it to them, sure, but then I run the risk of looking like an autist or the artist fucking it up. And asking them to redo it is probably the most obnoxious thing I could imagine
>>
>>5354898
It's kind of expected that you won't have any references if you're commissioning one. Just be descriptive and look for other images that are similar to what you're looking for.
>>
>>5353162
Ask for something cheaper?
>>
>>5335632
This image triggers me every time I see it
>>
>>5353162
The industry price for art commission is in the thousands, and people who can't afford it don't usually commission for it.
>>
File: 1464243626364.jpg (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1464243626364.jpg
5KB, 205x246px
>I see a really good pic involving my fetish that'd make me hard as diamonds...
>...If it wasn't for the fact that it's fucking gay shit
>Decide to look at the artist's gallery; they have no problem with drawing females
>Decide to send a PM to them politely requesting a female edit of the pic
>Literally about a minute later, I get a response
>Needless to say, I'm excited
>Read the message
>"It's a commission so all edits are final upon commissioners approval"
>Needless to say I was frustrated, both in general and sexually
>"But you could totally commission me :DDDDDDDDD"
>I don't have money and there're friends I'd sooner commission anyway, including someone who'll do a fully colored/shaded pic for what they'd charge for a colored sketch ($15), and very quickly at that
>I politely thanked them for their time, despite this being mfw
>>
Bumping to save this from retards
>>
>artist you love says he wants to do your request, you're overjoyed
>he ends up working on other things, fair enough
>time passes by, no sign of it being done
>poor as fuck but decide commissioning him for it might be good since it'll help him and he deserves it
>finally get the money together, he suddenly halts all commissions and says he won't be taking more
fuck does that hurt
>>
>>5363877
Tell him to do your fucking request like he wanted to then, if he's going to be a hardass like that.
>>
>>5364090
Pretty sure her just got tired of drawing certain things and/or couldn't do it anymore. I don't hold it against him either way, it's just a little disheartening after I waited so long.
>>
Bampu
>>
>>5363877
Was it Bigolhipz?
>>
>>5314179
sucks to be you
>>
Fvbkcswtbh
>>
>>5365771
I don't know.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.