[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endtown thread - Who Wants Coffee? Edition Mostly complete

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 162

Endtown thread - Who Wants Coffee? Edition

Mostly complete comic archive: https://mega.nz/#!rlUGDTxC!Ks4RgV9ITtOw8eJ8RfgV-YSQk8eyBYUqwZ-SAJFYTzg

Previous thread: https://desuarchive.org/trash/thread/11012889
>>
File: end170814.gif (254KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170814.gif
254KB, 900x919px
Most recent strips.
>>
File: end170816.gif (321KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170816.gif
321KB, 900x919px
>>
File: end170818.gif (286KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170818.gif
286KB, 900x919px
>>
File: TopsiderComic1.png (559KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic1.png
559KB, 2000x2000px
Crit Anon's Topsider comic (not complete).
>>
File: TopsiderComic2.png (946KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic2.png
946KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic3.png (929KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic3.png
929KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic4.png (930KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic4.png
930KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic5.png (998KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic5.png
998KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic6.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic6.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic7.png (907KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic7.png
907KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic8.png (989KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic8.png
989KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic9.png (795KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic9.png
795KB, 2000x2000px
>>
I saw Kazen was going to post some more stuff... I'd like to ask in advance: Who would you say your "main cast" are, exactly?
>>
File: Jack&Shalara.png (3MB, 1350x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Jack&Shalara.png
3MB, 1350x2160px
>>11138618
These two, Shalara and Jack. At least for the first couple of arcs. Shalara goes solo for a time before reuniting. At least in terms of the proper protagonists. There's a few other supporting characters I'm working on art of as we speak, in fact.
>>
File: IngrimStudy.png (341KB, 900x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IngrimStudy.png
341KB, 900x1440px
>>11138618
Ingrim here, is a somewhat Mad Max-esque barbarian queen who rules her clan of fringer/Netrans (as she insists they identify themselves) accordingly. Her family and culture as a whole have done everything in their power to harass, steal and loot from the more militarily more powerful, but more cumbersome Protectorate. Motivated in no part by a belief of divinely ordained ownership of the planet.
>>
File: Briefing the Governor.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Briefing the Governor.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>11138618
This does also bring me to another, clearer set of antagonists; the military-police state of the Protectorate. They're a nation of complex political past and present, involving a lot of internal fighting, backstabbing and various underhanded dealings. What happened is, they were once a collection of some 6 city-states who competed with each other over resources and living space. Given these're Rodani with their rapid population expansion, this' a regular concern. Coupled with the common threat of >>11138985 , what's called the Unification War was inevitable. Only the victorious state didn't win through simple brute force. Rather it served as the supplier of weapons to multiple factions, stirring old conflicts between them until they wore themselves out. With the ultimate goal of forcing a union among them for collective survival. Unfortunately, it's government is feudal in nature, decided and passed on through heredity. Governors like this guy are members of an extended, ruling family. He'd almost be more aptly called a Duke or a Baron.
>>
>>11138897
>>11138985
>>11139238
Thanks for answering!

What kind of relative tech levels does Ingrim's clan have compared to the Protectorate? That doesn't exactly look like your classic barbarian loincloth she's wearing. Do they loot everything? Do they have any technologies the Protectorate doesn't?

Will the Governor and other members of the ruling family feature as central characters and direct antagonists or more as the face of the Protectorate state?
>>
File: Ingrim's Throne (Small).png (3MB, 1485x1980px) Image search: [Google]
Ingrim's Throne (Small).png
3MB, 1485x1980px
>>11139592
>Relative Tech Level
Nope, they loot from their Protectorate/occasionally Union enemies and to a limited extent reverse engineer technology from starship wrecks, some of which they consider holy sites. This' why they have something of a hodgepodge look.

Some of what they use is halfway understood technology being partially harnessed, others is stuff they've fashioned on their own. They also have been around the longest, but stagnate with brutal traditions that hearken back to their classic wasteland raider ancestry. Which include enslavement of Rodani, among other things.

Pic related is the current unfinished state of the piece; uncertain if you'd seen the previous version in an earlier posting.

As for the Governor, yeah, he'll personally be involved in things at some point. Shalara will face him in the future.
>>
>>11139865
Is there a lot of competition over access to wrecks?

I saw that one before - nice colours, I enjoy your colour schemes. I didn't notice that was a Rodani skull. That explains why Shalara looks so uncomfortable, even beyond the slaves...
>>
File: Protectorate Colonel Revised.png (2MB, 2812x3125px) Image search: [Google]
Protectorate Colonel Revised.png
2MB, 2812x3125px
>>11138897
A secondary villain is this guy, a semi-sympathetic Protectorate colonel who has reasonable goals and motivations, but his own questionable ethics and occasionally brutal methods.

>>11140283
Oh yeah, fights over wreck sites occur between all factions, although this is most common among Reaver clans. The Protectorate usually breaks down and scraps them as they find them.
>>
>>11140386
I like him. Likeable "villain" characters are always fun (just look at Jim). Does he have a name, yet?

Does the Governor?
>>
File: JackRefs.png (938KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
JackRefs.png
938KB, 1500x1000px
>>11140604
No to both, as yet. They will, though.

Also references for Jack.
>>
>>11140628
Very nice! He looks like a pleasant enough fellow.

I think you missed his goatee in the shirt-only one, though.
>>
File: ReaverGladiatorF(DownSize).png (2MB, 3952x2985px) Image search: [Google]
ReaverGladiatorF(DownSize).png
2MB, 3952x2985px
>>11140838
Ohh, yeah.

Work in progress of an arena scene with Shalara in the background. Anyhow, I'm about to crash for the night, go ahead and drop any other questions, I'll be around to read them in a few hours.
>>
>>11141166
What role does the arena play? As in, story and social?
>>
File: BikeDraft.png (147KB, 949x462px) Image search: [Google]
BikeDraft.png
147KB, 949x462px
>>11141393
In this instance, and it's primary function are as the site of the Gauntlet, a pecking order ceremony that sorts out the strong from the weak, and places them in Reaver society accordingly. Funerary processions for important warriors are held there as well.

Pic related being a revision of an old hoverbike design, in preparation for another big scene idea, of the two of them together.
>>
>>11142842
How accessible is hover tech to civilians?
>>
File: Shalara's Challenge.png (499KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Shalara's Challenge.png
499KB, 1440x900px
>>11143402
In the Protectorate, it's expensive but not inaccessible at relatively small scale like that. One of the biggest limitations of hover-tech is the supported weight/lift ratio, and engines available to civillians are only able/permitted by their laws anyway, to lift a couple tons. A bike of that size is one of the largest vehicles of it's kind available to civilians.
>>
>>11143521
Does it get more efficient at smaller scales? Are drones a big thing?
>>
>>11138618
Does the Union of Trade Republics consist of several countries with their own separate forms of government or does it consist of states ruled under one government?
>>
File: end170821.gif (273KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170821.gif
273KB, 900x919px
Wow. Suddenly fish, giving justifications and admitting to having "coincidenced" Walt... but for some reason they didn't speak to him before Doc and Grout got there, despite Walt being known to them. This feels... odd. Like it's a direct response to last week's conversation. I'll note the comic is oddly late for a Monday strip.

So... there's been bones down there for who knows how long, and the fish are implying this *isn't* an aberration and has been going on for some time before they thought to hook a skull, but they didn't send Oscar or try and catch the attention of anyone on the docks? You'd think they'd be more disturbed about spending their time marinating in whatever soaks out of bones when you leave them in water.

Remains (ha) to be seen if they mean "lots of bones" or "lots of skeletons".

In before Grout is completely wrong and this is foreshadowing.
>>
>>11144545
... for that matter, why didn't they just pop out of the water and say "Hey, Walt, we got a skull down here!" to start with? Why the attempt to be subtle/covert?
>>
>>11144545
>>11144564
If there was a chance everyone was slaughtering each other, I'd like to keep my distance. And as for Oscar, maybe he's never left the bar after Allie died.

>In before Grout is completely wrong and this is foreshadowing.
I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of wolf bones as well a pig bones.
>>
>>11144612
>If there was a chance everyone was slaughtering each other, I'd like to keep my distance.
All they'd have to do is watch the people on the shore. Besides, the fish sounds more sarcastic than anything.

And that still wouldn't explain why they did this instead of just popping up in front of the guy everyone in town seems to love and trust. And post-skull, they have no qualms about talking to Doc and Grout, either.

Something, if you'll pardon the pun, is fishy.
>>
File: boating-orig.jpg (485KB, 1134x720px) Image search: [Google]
boating-orig.jpg
485KB, 1134x720px
>>
File: BlockadeCruiser.png (2MB, 6800x4000px) Image search: [Google]
BlockadeCruiser.png
2MB, 6800x4000px
>>11143745
Drones sometimes are used, although the Union uses them far more commonly. Speaking of which, >>11144441
The Union is a bit looser in terms of governance, with several states bound by trade agreements and treaties into a collective that roughly resembles a modern democracy. Although of the three factions they're the least developed in terms of organization, yet.
>>
>>11145624

Holly's so sweet, how cute would she look passionately sucking Wally's cat dick?
>>
>>11145784
Any notable minor factions?
>>
>>11137430
I had completely forgotten about endtown.
Thanks
>>
File: MoonSunset.png (647KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
MoonSunset.png
647KB, 3000x2000px
>>11145898
The Netran/Fringer tribes that often are absorbed by the other three as they expand, the native 'aliens' who were pushed underground eons ago (and I am planning on them massing a resurgence upon the surface), and a collective of fringer/netrans who've inhabited a subterranean complex since the orbital bombardment that toasted the surface of Netra, and roughly resemble the Time Machine's Morlocks.
>>
File: JasperGold0404-copy.png (1MB, 960x1484px) Image search: [Google]
JasperGold0404-copy.png
1MB, 960x1484px
New page of Jasper Gold.
>>
>>11145968
How long is it since the humans left, anyway?

>>11146002
This is so pure.

Nice use of colours in the moment of realisation, too.
>>
File: calling it.png (9KB, 1184x103px) Image search: [Google]
calling it.png
9KB, 1184x103px
>>11144545
called it last monday
>>
>>11146393
Someone get this anon a cookie.
>>
File: TeleronSketch.png (746KB, 1875x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TeleronSketch.png
746KB, 1875x2000px
>>11146306
Several thousand years, they've ascended into legend and religion in the minds of everyone else, since then. Although it was less of them leaving, more a series of catastrophes that cut them off from the rest of the Galactic Expanse that colonized Netra. Such as, the method by which travel across such vast distances (such as a gateway/artificial wormhole) to Netra was destroyed.
>>
>>11146699
Is this a setting with loads of aliens, or were/are humans the dominant force in the galaxy?
>>
>>11145968
>Time machine
What other kind of influences would you say this setting draws from?
>>
>>11146950
Humans dominate the galaxy, although other sapient races exist in a couple scattered planets, but (currently) none have interstellar travel.
>>11147318
A wide host of things.

It first started much more akin to the somewhat obscure Canadian movie, Rock and Rule. Where it was about musicians overloading an ancient ICBM with the Power of Rock (tm).

Now though, what I'm shooting for derives inspiration from the following in no particular order or degree:

Dune
Akira
Nausicaa
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
C&C Tiberian Sun
Shadowrun (SNES/Gen)
Risk of Rain
Xenogears
>>
File: 1460741383154.jpg (340KB, 921x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460741383154.jpg
340KB, 921x720px
>>
>>11145846
Ugh.. I hate the whole thing about them having animal junk.
>>
>>11149860

tell Jim about it.
>>
>>1114463

Not saying you aren't raising a good point, but I can see how the logic could work:

If the fish are plugged in to the rumor mill then they know people up there may be eating each other. In other words this probably isn't just some random killing. Then there's the fact that you probably don't know who exactly dumped those bones in.

As a fish, is it a good time to remind everyone else that you exist? You talk to the wrong person about this and you could wind up getting pan seared with butter and Worcestershire Sauce (the way that stuff keeps, it's probably still around). And how do you tell who the wrong people are?

I don't recall if we see anyone else but Walt fishing. But it's a safer way of gauging the reaction, hook a skull. If that gets thrown back, whoever caught it is definitely in on it. If you see what we're seeing now, okay, maybe its safe to talk.

>>11150060

Probably a double whammy for Jim. He gets raccoon junk and his girlfriend grows a cloaca.
>>
>>11144545
>>
>>11151818

You magnificent bastard. Kudos.
>>
>>11150373
>If the fish are plugged in to the rumor mill then they know people up there may be eating each other. In other words this probably isn't just some random killing. Then there's the fact that you probably don't know who exactly dumped those bones in.
Access to the rumour mill means they already have contact with the people on shore, though, right? If they *aren't* talking to the people on the shore, then they probably don't get the rumours - indeed, this page makes it seem like they hold themselves separate from the general population of "bipeds".

Plus this is Walt, the guy everyone knows, who's been coming down there for years. If they think he's turned predator then that's incongruous with his shown relationship with them. He's the one they'd most likely talk to, not the least.

And I still think the fish was being sarcastic, not fearful. They seem annoyed more than anything.

(This reminds me, I don't think we've heard anyone talk about rumours besides Doc...)

>As a fish, is it a good time to remind everyone else that you exist? You talk to the wrong person about this and you could wind up getting pan seared with butter and Worcestershire Sauce (the way that stuff keeps, it's probably still around). And how do you tell who the wrong people are?
You take your chance because it's most likely that the wrong person is one out of 7,000 - 10,000. And why would the offender hang around?

>I don't recall if we see anyone else but Walt fishing. But it's a safer way of gauging the reaction, hook a skull. If that gets thrown back, whoever caught it is definitely in on it. If you see what we're seeing now, okay, maybe its safe to talk.
Well the arranged fishing game is implied to specifically be Walt's weird thing. Portia even scoffs because she initially thinks it's pointless, meaning it's probably not a common pastime in Endtown. And they still didn't talk to Walt, despite the time it must have taken Grout and Doc to get there.

>>11151818
This is brilliant!
>>
File: Uh oh.jpg (185KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Uh oh.jpg
185KB, 1200x675px
>>11152112

Fair points all. I will admit that I mostly like trying to figure out a way to make things make sense, and the fish just being annoyed is the more reasonable.

"Oh those dicks dumped *MORE* bones, fuck it, hook a skull. No of course I'm serious, fuck these guys, looks like a goddamn slasher flick down here. Least we can do is pay 'em back."

Now back to the flimsy rationalization!

There is some reason for the fish to be cautious about this:

If there's a lot of bones down there, then it's probably not one person eating all that meat. That's where things get dicey. Not that you might accidentally talk to the butcher, but that you might accidentally talk to one of the butcher's customers.

Walt's a bear. See pic related. Fine, they know him, he's a nice guy, but, they're killing and eating each other up there, how much do we really know about any of them if that's going down?

Once they've gauged the reaction, and things are safe, then you can be sarcastic and annoyed. But I can see the "wait and see" approach from when they hook the skull to when the cops turn up as being, if not reasonable, at least not beyond my capacity to rationalize.
>>
>>11152813
>Fair points all. I will admit that I mostly like trying to figure out a way to make things make sense, and the fish just being annoyed is the more reasonable.

>Now back to the flimsy rationalization!
I understand. It's not like we have much else to talk about right now, Endtown-wise - I think the mystery is the only thing keeping a lot of us reading right now. I'm mostly just waiting to see if the conspiracy theory from the last thread holds up once these bones are dragged out.

>There is some reason for the fish to be cautious about this:

>If there's a lot of bones down there, then it's probably not one person eating all that meat. That's where things get dicey. Not that you might accidentally talk to the butcher, but that you might accidentally talk to one of the butcher's customers.

>Walt's a bear. [...] Fine, they know him, he's a nice guy, but, they're killing and eating each other up there, how much do we really know about any of them if that's going down?
That's IF they're taking the idea that the bipeds are eating each other seriously. And the bear at the water's edge that they somehow didn't talk to, the one they know, is obviously friends with the pig that was sitting right there beside him.

Personally my position on this is just that the whole thing makes the fish feel like a last-minute addition... like there was some kind of weekend re-write. They did pop up in an unusually late Monday strip, after all.

Since it feels like Aaron's in "tacked on explanation" mode this week, in before there's another late strip and now the dumper had a bear's silhouette (but there are multiple bears in Endtown, and this is still Walt with a piggy pal we're talking about) or the fish cry that they always felt that Walt's game made them feel like prey, despite their apparent consent (Aaron "dropping narrative red pills" again, ie: taking cute/funny/silly things that used to make this strip a pleasure to read and making them dark because MUH WRITING).
>>
>>11152112
>>11153082
Walt's friends could be nervous because they are are witnesses. If whoever is carelessly dumping the bodies remembers there are citizens in the canal he may want to try to intimidate/eliminate anyone who could call the cops, which is why they aren't going up to every Joe in the street telling them to call the cops, which goes along with the whole one in 10,000 argument you proposed but there is a risk, as well as being detached from the rest of Endtown (Hell, if the bastard will kill the bipeds, why wouldn't he just poison the whole canal), and why they would avoid taking the bait and attaching the skull to the line. They knew Walt would bring the authorities and if it were someone out to silence them they would just throw the skull away.
>>
>>11152813
>>11153082
Now that I come to think if it, if they were afraid that they'd be accidentally contacting the killer or an accomplice, why hook the skull at all?

It seems like the whole thing about it being suspicious that a floating hook snagged a bottom-level skull has been born out... putting aside the pure weirdness of the killer coming back and hanging around the dumping site, wouldn't the incongruity tip off said killer that he'd been found out, if he stopped to give it any thought? Seems like that would just be asking for a load of poison instead of a corpse in the water next time (though that would need a LOT of poison, and it would be risking poisoning everyone in town).

The smarter thing to do would be to play it cool and come up to chat to Walt and gauge his reactions that way, then tell him about the skull. It's not like he isn't reliant on a fishing rod to "catch" them, and not like they're not far faster in the water than he could ever be.

It also strikes me that this doesn't rule out the whole conspiracy-planted-the-evidence-for-Walt thing just yet - all they would have had to do is find out where he fishes and dump the evidence there for his fish friends to tell him about.

In-universe, it's suspicious that the person who dumped the bones apparently didn't think at all about the fish and whoever else lived in the water. Perhaps if the conspiracy holds up, there's fish involved...

>>11153422
Funnily enough, I was just thinking of the poison thing - read above. That would require a lot of poison, plus risking killing everyone in town. The rest of what you say still doesn't explain why they wouldn't talk to Walt, though, plus that implies they might have willingly put Walt in danger - any crooked authority isn't just going to delete evidence like that without silencing Walt, too.
>>
File: laughing-charlston.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-charlston.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>11151818
>filename
>>
>>11151818
>Move @$$***,
Genius.
>>
File: bugs-tired.png (74KB, 249x242px) Image search: [Google]
bugs-tired.png
74KB, 249x242px
>>11153082
>Aaron "dropping narrative red pills" again, ie: taking cute/funny/silly things that used to make this strip a pleasure to read and making them dark because MUH WRITING
As someone who loved the feel of the Albert & Gustine strips, thinking of this is very unpleasant.
>>
File: 1494472481613.jpg (69KB, 481x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494472481613.jpg
69KB, 481x720px
>>11151818
>every resident of endtown has watched/seen/read it
>>
File: 1468553691520.jpg (344KB, 800x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1468553691520.jpg
344KB, 800x1052px
>>
>>
File: Hidden gem.jpg (57KB, 400x872px) Image search: [Google]
Hidden gem.jpg
57KB, 400x872px
>>
File: 1466130391218.png (217KB, 766x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1466130391218.png
217KB, 766x1600px
>>
File: 1493960461362.png (101KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493960461362.png
101KB, 800x500px
>>
File: CritAnon & Co.png (1MB, 2661x3021px) Image search: [Google]
CritAnon & Co.png
1MB, 2661x3021px
>>11159937
>>
File: DHT09p2XsAEbxga.jpg (59KB, 570x770px) Image search: [Google]
DHT09p2XsAEbxga.jpg
59KB, 570x770px
Searched "endtown" on Twitter again. Found some fan art plus something I missed the first time.
>>
File: DHSgd-MVwAAM7Ic.jpg (333KB, 2046x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DHSgd-MVwAAM7Ic.jpg
333KB, 2046x2048px
>>
File: holly_opinions.png (954KB, 642x1713px) Image search: [Google]
holly_opinions.png
954KB, 642x1713px
>>
>>11160714

That one's actually pretty cute, I always loved how cute she looks when angry
>>
File: 1460787323091.jpg (188KB, 466x504px) Image search: [Google]
1460787323091.jpg
188KB, 466x504px
>>11160747
>>
File: gy77cgjjkffvucgti.png (811KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
gy77cgjjkffvucgti.png
811KB, 1500x1500px
>>11160846

Love her specially when she's in pain..
>>
>>11160723
Well, they articulated it better than I could have.
>>
>>
>>
File: 1476306970229.jpg (391KB, 800x971px) Image search: [Google]
1476306970229.jpg
391KB, 800x971px
>>
File: 1458853878150.jpg (167KB, 800x961px) Image search: [Google]
1458853878150.jpg
167KB, 800x961px
>>
File: zebra[1].jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
zebra[1].jpg
13KB, 200x200px
We haven't had one of these in a while and someone on /co/ said they missed the OC, so might as well.

Mallard needs a gyroscope from an aerocar and you (https://www.randomlists.com/random-animals set quantity to 1), and 2-4 others (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=anthro set category to general and amount to 2-4) have been volunteered to locate an abandoned parking lot and retrieve the gyroscope.
You are given provisions for 3 days, back packs, blasters, a set of tools and a set of dittos to hide you from the Topsider satellites.

Will you be able to retrieve the part or even be able to make it back alive?

>Zebra
I guess I'm the pack mule/zebra. Nothing too bad but I'll miss having fingers.

>The intelligent male anthropomorphic Bobcat. He has a feminine build.
He seems like the he might be the most important member seeing as he could determine if the gyroscope was working or not.

>The ignorant male anthropomorphic purple-scaled Snake. He has a feminine build.
Useless but not a total detriment.

I think we could make it with the bobcat leading the way and me as the pack zebra and the snake hopefully not screwing up anything all the while wondering why I'm the only one without wide hips.
>>
File: 1492491386658.png (2MB, 2000x3400px) Image search: [Google]
1492491386658.png
2MB, 2000x3400px
>>
File: scottish-highland-cattle.jpg (113KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
scottish-highland-cattle.jpg
113KB, 682x1024px
>>11167997

>Highland Cow

"... my horn caught them through the ribs. I was just trying to knock them aside. After all this time I'm still not used to these damn things, was always getting them stuck on something.
They just grabbed at me. I tried to get them off, couldn't. How the hell did they have that grip? I could hear everything, gasping, tearing, cracking, I could hear everything..."

> The chaste male anthropomorphic Rabbit. He has a slender build.

"... As soon as we found the garage we realized there would be no problem with completing the mission. The air cars were well preserved and we were able to find three working compatible or adaptable gyros in the first dozen cars we checked. No. What we meant to find wasn't the issue... "

> The unwise, slothful, sheltered female anthropomorphic Otter. She has an angular build. Her wardrobe is non-nonsense.

"... I don't even know why there was a fight over it. I mean, we accomplished the mission, time to go home right? Like, why bother? I don't get it. I really don't. Why did they care so much? Just go home and let someone else deal with it."

> The hateful, inexperienced female anthropomorphic Hare living on borrowed time. Her wardrobe is unconventional.

"... they've probably told you they're the heroes. That it was all my fault? Fuck 'em. Fuck that shaggy cow, fuck that dick-less rabbit, and fuck that dumb goddamn water bitch with 'em. I knew we couldn't trust them! I knew what we had to do. I knew, and they didn't listen! And now everything's gone to shit!"
>>
>>11169607

Backstory I have in mind here is that the garage they wound up searching concealed the entrance for an old CDC shelter, now abandoned. They wound up stumbling on it around the same time as another group.

Lots and lots of goodies, but signs that it may be hooked into whatever old networks the topsiders might be using. More than a little greed and resentment was present among the party, and things turned very bad for everyone.
>>
File: Angus doodle.jpg (75KB, 640x798px) Image search: [Google]
Angus doodle.jpg
75KB, 640x798px
Angus doodle to add the pile of side characters that have little to no art.

>>11154416
>Well, ya better let the poor guy out! Wa-Ha-Wa-Ha-Wa-Ha-Wa-Ha-Wa-Ha!

>>11154898
Going by what people were able to scavenge, I get the feeling that the Endtown library consists of 20 books and at least five of them are Stephen King, four copies of the Da Vinci Code, the 14th volume of a manga that's nothing but filler, two books of a mystery series that no one cares about, a folded in half Tin Tin and the rest are trashy romance novels.

>>11169607
>>11169709
That's really cool. I love how you can see everyone's perspective as shit goes wrong.
>>
File: 1492056446508.png (198KB, 446x594px) Image search: [Google]
1492056446508.png
198KB, 446x594px
>>
File: gopher[1].jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gopher[1].jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>11167997
As a gopher I hope none of the Topsiders have gardened before or else this will end very bad for me.

>The intelligent, playful, sheltered male anthropomorphic Elephant. His wardrobe is tight-fitting.
I believe for an elephant all clothes are tight fitting, but I hope none of the buttons come flying off and blind somebody. He seems like he'd be good for the team. The sheltered part may cause a minor hic-up here and there but it seems like he'll learn.

>The educated, funny female anthropomorphic Buffalo.
She seems like a good addition to the team.

I think this is the best team I've generated so far. Both are strong enough to carry any burden and and smart enough for most challenges. Even though I'm small that's an advantage seeing as this requires me to get into small places like under a car hood. It seems like it would be a pretty good scavenging, with a good chance of surviving, and with way more dead baby jokes than necessary and some paranoia about Topsiders.

I've started drawing this, but I'll finish tomorrow.
>>
>>11171640
In the meantime, here's a Luellen doodle for practice and shits and giggles.
>>
File: 1477967821453.png (314KB, 960x759px) Image search: [Google]
1477967821453.png
314KB, 960x759px
>>11171676

that's adorable!

I would love to watch both Luellen and Maude get wasted together.
>>
File: 1454952292353.jpg (505KB, 1040x702px) Image search: [Google]
1454952292353.jpg
505KB, 1040x702px
>Luellen Talking about that time when Jim hired her.jpg
>>
File: 1477196579664.jpg (105KB, 640x723px) Image search: [Google]
1477196579664.jpg
105KB, 640x723px
>>
File: 20170823_014958.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_014958.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>11167997
Rad, let's get it on.

>Dung Beetle
O-OK. That... really fucking sucks. Height advantage is null, I can eat poop, have wings, and a 0% chance of ever dating a woman with an extra negative perk of being affiliated with shit. Grand.

>The energetic, playful, sheltered female anthropomorphic white-furred Bear. She has a wide-hipped build. Her wardrobe is severe.
Energetic is fine, playful and sheltered aren't. Most likely a very young adult. No clue what "severe wardrobe" means, but she's got the muscle, and can probably rip what we need outta the aerocar.

>The conformist, educated male anthropomorphic Rabbit who seems insane. His wardrobe is classy.
So, a mad scientist or a regular scientist that has the appearance of one? That's good, I suppose. A mad scientist is still a scientist.

And, gentlemen, behold! A shit drawing of the team!
>>
File: degenerates.png (110KB, 448x452px) Image search: [Google]
degenerates.png
110KB, 448x452px
So, since /co/ mods are obviously buttmad waifufags, I will post my brilliant template here.

Go crazy.
>>
File: 1468560747542.png (2MB, 2400x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1468560747542.png
2MB, 2400x3300px
>>
>>11174349
Did another /co/ thread get deleted?
>>
>>11174740
No, but none were created. It used to be mere MINUTES after a new update.
>>
>>11174746
>No, but none were created.
They're deleting them so fast it's preemptive!
>>
File: 1500568120182.png (422KB, 876x883px) Image search: [Google]
1500568120182.png
422KB, 876x883px
>>11170115
to be honest, Angus only appeared in two strips IIRC, it's understandable.
>>
File: endtown-2012-12-10.gif (347KB, 1200x1190px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2012-12-10.gif
347KB, 1200x1190px
>>11174843
Aren't you forgetting something important?
>>
update's up
>>
File: end170823.gif (278KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170823.gif
278KB, 900x919px
An interesting grab-bag of remains consisting of femurs (which you'd expect to be somewhat generically humanoid) and foot bones (which could be ambiguous if they don't come with hooves, and I'm not sure I see any, unless that's one in the middle).

Sounds like there's only one skull.

In before whoever's doing it is keeping the pigs "fresh" by only taking off a bit at a time, as in that one old joke.

It does occur to me, though, that while pig mutants may get more humanoid as you go upward, their feet are pretty close to the base animal. All you might have to do to get something that'd pass inspection (especially if people had been expecting to see it) is go through whatever food refuse refugees bought down with them in the first days and find some pig trotters...
>>
File: 004367-0600.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
004367-0600.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>11175232
Pickled pigs feet keep for a long time. They might even be a black market good the scavengers and newbies bring in.
>>
>>11175268
That picture becomes unsettling when you imagine it comes from Endtown.
>>
>>11175232
It's just what they have so far. What Doc is pointing out is that there is at least 5 victims there.
>>
>>11175492
Curious that it's only feet and femurs, though, when more or less every part of a pig is edible. Almost looks like skulls were in short supply.

There's something weird about this many bones being dumped right off the dock like this. Transporting this many through town would be even riskier than just moving a single skull, whether they did it all at once or bone by bone.

Sound carries much further in water than it does in air, too. I wonder if anyone heard them being dumped? Especially since you'd expect this kind of thing to happen in the dead of night...
>>
>>11175232
>any way you slice it
Does that count as a Freudian slip?
>>
>>11175551
It's clearly not only feet and femurs, What Doc is saying is that there is at least 5 victims there due to the number: 6 femurs = 3 pigs, 9 feet = 4.5 pigs. That is assuming the femurs belong to the same legs as those feet, if not then you have about 8 victims.
>>
>>11175654
Even more if you count every femur and feet individually (assuming none of them belong to the same person). That makes it 15 pigs.
>>
>>11175654
It's weird that he wouldn't just mention the type of part with the highest count, then. And that he'd only mention feet and femurs.

I'm reading it as "only feet and femurs" and I have to say it looks to me like a mix of femurs and long foot bones, some shattered.
>>
>>11175654
>>11175695
>It's weird that he wouldn't just mention the type of part with the highest count, then. And that he'd only mention feet and femurs.
Clarification: It's weird that he didn't just *enumerate* the type or part with the highest count, or mention other types of bones.

That one they're just pulling out of the water almost looks like it could be something different again, though. Possibly even another, tiner skull.
>>
>>11175695
>And that he'd only mention feet and femurs
It's easier to estimate from those than anything else.
>>
>>11175232
>I'm glad the press hasn't gotten wind yet..
Let's see how long it takes Dottie to find out.
>>
>>11175448
Existential horror == Endtown
>>
>>11175777
Yes, but again I'd just expect him to focus on the most numerous of those two types. Enumerating the feet to set a minimum while mentioning the other types found sans number. The fact that he only mentioned two types and enumerated them both says to me that's all they have right there until the pig makes it to shore.

I guess we'll see if it gets clarified in the police statement.

>>11175779
My guess is as soon as someone (possibly Portia, for maximum old-friend-vs-new-friend drama and based on her outburst) makes a public claim that it must be the wolves.
>>
File: C'mon Grout.png (125KB, 448x452px) Image search: [Google]
C'mon Grout.png
125KB, 448x452px
>>11174349
>>
File: 15-PorkCutChart1440x985.jpg (1MB, 1440x985px) Image search: [Google]
15-PorkCutChart1440x985.jpg
1MB, 1440x985px
Assuming *for a moment* that it is just femurs and feet... that's a head cheese plus ham and trotters (and no hocks)? Consumer-level stuff? Dumping by a customer, not the butcher, as previously speculated?

Although that just raises the issue again of what sort of incredibly-organised conspiracy mastermind capable of hacking the phone system and spiriting pigs away without any witnesses just cheerfully gives the nod to the idea of letting customers manage the tail end of the evidence trail like that.

Of course, if it were said mastermind doing the disposal, on the other hand, you wouldn't expect them to do it in such an easily found place or manner themselves, either. There's ways to reduce bone to soluble powder or slurry that would work just fine - you could probably even use whatever preparation equipment you already had.
>>
>>11137521
>>11137536
why the fuck aint they wearing helmets
>>
>>11175232
>denouement
>conspirators were doing it for their own version of the greater good (getting Jackrabbit out or whatever)
>telling themselves they're still good people doing all this stuff for the right reason
>they used a suicided prisoner's skull
>amputated prisoners' legs to give it more impact while telling themselves at least they weren't killing them
>made a pact not to consume any of the meat
>whoops someone broke it
>>
>>11175996
They are, their masks come augmented reality that lets them see each other's head, which is what we are seeing too. Topsiders use this technology to avoid going mad(der).
>>
>>11176035
oh.
well thats just weird then
good to know though
>>
>>11176041
Flask talked about it in her post-mortem flashback. Did you forget?
>>
>>11176057
I remembered that they had augmented reality, but I forgot that they could see each other's faces.
>>
So we think this is probably a multi-level conspiracy, right? A "let not the right hand know what the left is doing" sort of thing? Each "cell" probably thinks they're at or near the top with the goal of the whole thing matching their own agenda, but really each serves the purposes of the next one up in the chain?

>* Top level (probably, nay almost inevitably Marx, even if only in terms of being a guiding hand rather than openly commanding)
>** The forger of papers with access to the government offices (seemingly working to destabilise Endtown)
>*** Cooper and Philo (working to overturn Jackrabbit, thinking they're getting insider info, probably being used as pawns by the forger)
>** The pig harassers, kidnappers, and potentially murderers (possibly using the tensions triggered by the forger's group to turn the wolves into convenient cover for their actions, at the very least taking advantage of wolf-on-pig harassment to push the pigs over the edge or make it look like they have been, probably being used as another avenue of destabilisation, possibly in at a higher level or even the same group as the forger if the suicide notes were forged)

Does that sound plausible?
>>
File: 1468293226047.jpg (173KB, 640x1849px) Image search: [Google]
1468293226047.jpg
173KB, 640x1849px
>>
>>11175232
>There's no honest way to really downplay what this represents...
>honest way
Odds he goes with "dishonest"?
>>
File: 1497534016767.jpg (27KB, 341x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497534016767.jpg
27KB, 341x480px
>>
>>11178029
Assume for a moment Doc is in on this whole thing... he seems to be leaving Grout only the dishonest way out. The intent here could be to trick Grout into temporarily covering it up until he can get a handle on things, then someone "leaks" the details of said cover up to Philo via Cooper to kill confidence in the Endtown PD, continuing what was started with Dottie's report on the wolf riot, which Philo allowed to run (so the slant for that particular article suited his purposes). This would also suggest Grout *isn't* in on it (he's just mediocre as a police chief).

If Doc's not in on it, then it's still the way he's pushing Grout, for better or worse - 50/50?

Of course that assumes he doesn't simply go for something like "honest with immediate and forceful reassurances that the police are on the case", but then, A) this is Grout we're talking about, he's probably not the sort to make that kind of pep talk, and B) even if this situation is extreme enough to drive him to try, this is GROUT we're talking about - if he did make such a speech, who'd believe him? It'd probably be a tone-deaf catastrophe full of foot-in-mouth moments.

So this is probably going to be a PR disaster either way...
>>
>>11171676
She looks so cute! Thanks PA
>>
File: 1480610349181.png (505KB, 960x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1480610349181.png
505KB, 960x1075px
>>
>>11181710

I want to fuck her papilla
>>
File: 1466362963402.jpg (617KB, 960x1337px) Image search: [Google]
1466362963402.jpg
617KB, 960x1337px
>>
File: 1484667116959.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
1484667116959.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>
>>11171640
Finished

>>11173291
Nice. Life sucks enough in the Endtown universe. Turing into a dung beetle is a low blow.

>>11175941
>>11176529
I think the forger and the caller are one in the same. The forger needs to have access to government files to make fake reports and records of pigs to fake the handwriting on a suicide note. If someone has that much power and access to records they could probably patch themselves into a phone line.

>>11179363
It's been fun to draw some Jasper stuff.
>>
>>11183767
>I think the forger and the caller are one in the same. The forger needs to have access to government files to make fake reports and records of pigs to fake the handwriting on a suicide note. If someone has that much power and access to records they could probably patch themselves into a phone line.
That's if they are forging the notes, I don't think we really have much more than a suspicion there.

One telling thing could be if all the notes sound very much the same, but we haven't even seen one of them yet (which in itself is kind of odd, the same kind of "this really should be in the story by now" odd as things like a clarification on what proportion of Endtown's wolves are currently engaged in being assholes, the exact number of pig disappearances and a proper text sample from one of Dottie's articles).

You might also think that some pigs wouldn't bother with a note, yet they all appear to have left them, which is interesting.

It's also not, technically speaking, suicide if they allow someone else to do the deed, which suggests that whatever is on the notes isn't the truth, plus it's evident that absolutely none of the notes have mentioned the phone harassment in any way, which is curious.

Since letting the pigs kill themselves and then collecting the bodies afterwards would create a great risk of both spoiling the meat and of the body being found by someone else, they must be taking the pigs away to deal with them whether they're killing them or not.

The chloroform also suggests coercion, though it's possible that may have been intentionally planted for some reason.

The report conspirators having access to government stuff does put them in proximity to the rats, though, who do seem to be capable of messing with the phones, or working with some as yet unseen entity that can, since it was never actually revealed how it was done underneath the police department's nose during the Milk Trial. I hope it's not another Marxdunnit.
>>
File: 1476148176429.jpg (413KB, 682x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476148176429.jpg
413KB, 682x720px
>>11184527
>I hope it's not another Marxdunnit.
I keep looking at Marx, but I with all that's been going on, I'm not convinced he's got anything to do with it. He has so little to gain and so much to loose. The only way I can see him involved is if it were a plot that violently spiraled out of control, which would be an interesting turn, at least.
>>
>>11185078
I think many of us hoping for something like that at some point. It'd be the only real way to make his presence enjoyable for a lot of the readers, especially if he starts to go nuts himself.

I want to say that if this isn't things going out of control for him then it's probably all part of the ineffably smug plan, though. He'll be involved at some level, even if it's just making sure all the playing pieces were in the right spot for it to happen.
>>
File: 1462031646242.png (449KB, 1137x1501px) Image search: [Google]
1462031646242.png
449KB, 1137x1501px
>>
>>11177249
>we live in the timeline where Gustine is a rhino intead of a bear
Damn.
>>
>>11186212

Funny that Aaron decided against keeping Gustine's bear design simply because it was "too cute".
>>
File: gustine-bear.jpg (169KB, 353x360px) Image search: [Google]
gustine-bear.jpg
169KB, 353x360px
>>11187133
Well, yeah. The point is that she was not happy about her body and it's more convincing with her as a rhinoceros than a cute cuddly bear. It also helps to make the story more unique.
>>
File: 1470798973922.jpg (103KB, 640x691px) Image search: [Google]
1470798973922.jpg
103KB, 640x691px
>>
File: squirrel.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>11167997
>Squirrel
I can climb betterer than before, that's for sure. This is good so far.

>The intuitive, mean-spirited, worldwise female anthropomorphic Fox with a heart of gold. She has a thin build.
Mmm. Jerkass fox with a heart of gold and knowledge on how the real world works. This is actually going good so far, she can keep us straight.

>The vocal, sheltered male anthropomorphic Eagle. His wardrobe is elegant.
I'm liking the dynamic so far, and hopefully he's a flier. Me and the fox can hopefully get him out of his shell and learn him some survival skills.

>The illogical, unpredictable, charismatic female anthropomorphic Killer Whale.
>Illogical, unpredictable, probably follow us in a gigantic mobile fish-tank.
Shit, I *knew* this was going too well. Hopefully Mallard gave her some sort of reverse diving suit with arms so she can be more than useless. She's definitely going to undo a few plans of ours, and unless she shapes up or gets dusted she's going to complicate the mission.

I'm going to say with me and the fox in charge, keeping the eagle out of trouble and hoping that the whale doesn't fuck us over or gets dusted before doing so, we'll get that gyroscope and get home pretty easily.
>>
File: Team Bee-Bear Robin.png (285KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Team Bee-Bear Robin.png
285KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>11184527
>I hope it's not another Marxdunnit.
>>11185078
It's almost as though the presence of a literal space/time wizard with undefined, arbitrary, and seemingly unlimited abilities working towards inscrutable ends is something of a detriment to the reader's ability to engage with the plot and/or setting.

It's not at all helped by the fact that - just off the top of my head, here - Marx has been involved in every single arc since his introduction.
>>
>>11189179
He was sort of absent in Unity, unless you count Wally's dream as part of it.
>>
>>11189179
I feel like Aaron wasn't even planning to bring him in until the rocket arc started, maybe even later, and I'm pretty damn sure he never intended him to be part of the world while he was writing Al and Gustine - he's in none of the early Endtown concept art, for instance, even though he looks different to the way he used to in older comics (so he did get a re-design for Endtown).

>>11189287
Still probably responsible for the whole thing, though, more's the pity.
>>
File: 1468016245769.jpg (273KB, 900x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1468016245769.jpg
273KB, 900x1073px
>>
File: 1475450375468.jpg (189KB, 640x1538px) Image search: [Google]
1475450375468.jpg
189KB, 640x1538px
>>
File: 1440020595363.png (516KB, 1000x760px) Image search: [Google]
1440020595363.png
516KB, 1000x760px
>>
File: neathery_bk_gustine.jpg (192KB, 674x720px) Image search: [Google]
neathery_bk_gustine.jpg
192KB, 674x720px
>>11187318

thing is though, I also find rhino Gustine to be really fucking cute
>>
File: Gustine_Colors.png (411KB, 674x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gustine_Colors.png
411KB, 674x720px
>>
>>11191220
I don't recognize the signature, who did this one?
>>
File: 1436900488712.png (144KB, 708x867px) Image search: [Google]
1436900488712.png
144KB, 708x867px
>>11193344

Nexivian, for the rpg
>>
File: Nurse_bear_and_patient.jpg (1MB, 3054x2283px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse_bear_and_patient.jpg
1MB, 3054x2283px
>>11193389
The RPG had some cool stuff.
>>
File: Male Opossum.jpg (267KB, 900x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Male Opossum.jpg
267KB, 900x1011px
>>
File: BeatnikBird (1).png (250KB, 768x1350px) Image search: [Google]
BeatnikBird (1).png
250KB, 768x1350px
>>
File: BotFinal.png (414KB, 1200x1636px) Image search: [Google]
BotFinal.png
414KB, 1200x1636px
>>
File: EndtownDice.png (343KB, 998x633px) Image search: [Google]
EndtownDice.png
343KB, 998x633px
>>
File: 1496278241191.png (403KB, 1000x1193px) Image search: [Google]
1496278241191.png
403KB, 1000x1193px
>>11193813
>tfw no RPG
how could it happen
>>
>>11194105
Boiling it down, publisher said "Nah, we don't want this shit" because 90% of furry publishing companies are extremely seedy and often times retarded, Aaron decided to cancel the project altogether than find a new publisher so the Endtown RPG could be approved and created, feelings were hurt, and the project was scrapped and its bones used to make a new RPG.
>>
>>11194195
I know what happened, but it's still baffling. The whole sequence of events was unbelievable.
>>
>>11194263
The world is a cruel place.
>>
File: 1502972676231.jpg (483KB, 1139x864px) Image search: [Google]
1502972676231.jpg
483KB, 1139x864px
bump
>>
>>11193920
I've always loved that image.
>>
File: 1493874416361.png (646KB, 1426x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1493874416361.png
646KB, 1426x1426px
>>11194195
I hope the new one goes well.
>>
>>11197281

From what I heard, there seemed to be some trouble around it lately again.
>>
>>11198061
Is it problems with the publisher again?
>>
>>11171832
>>
>>11199612

Adorable! Thanks PA!
>>
File: 1456882070601.jpg (290KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
1456882070601.jpg
290KB, 1280x828px
>>11199839
Based it off of this.
>>
>>11200270

I was actually thinking about those Jamil sketches when I saw the gag, good stuff!
>>
File: 1470113834251.png (514KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470113834251.png
514KB, 1200x900px
>>
File: 1464288576714.jpg (53KB, 512x538px) Image search: [Google]
1464288576714.jpg
53KB, 512x538px
>>
File: 1468551814427.jpg (204KB, 800x973px) Image search: [Google]
1468551814427.jpg
204KB, 800x973px
>>
File: 1467499876079.jpg (97KB, 640x921px) Image search: [Google]
1467499876079.jpg
97KB, 640x921px
>>
File: end170825.gif (319KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170825.gif
319KB, 900x919px
Looks like this little piggy went whee whee whee all the way home when things got forensic.

I hope this isn't going to be all next week, too.
>>
>>11206401
In before it turns out the callers promised him they'd leave Portia alone if he went with them, and then they reneged on the deal.

(Why would anyone trust them, though? And it still makes no sense that none of the pigs have reported any of this to the cops.)
>>
>>11206401
>I hope this isn't going to be all next week, too.
Same

>>11206466
>And it still makes no sense that none of the pigs have reported any of this to the cops.
Maybe Grouts been the one behind it the entire time. When Heather fought back for the pigs, he literally left her to the wolves. He has access to records and equipment to tap phone-lines. That's why no one goes to the police. Grouts gone mad with power and hog wild for ham.
>>
>>11206706
>Maybe Grouts been the one behind it the entire time. When Heather fought back for the pigs, he literally left her to the wolves.
I doubt it. I think Grout's just incompetent and rather callous. Either he was never qualified for the job or he's been used to petty crimes for eight years and now he's so rusty at serious stuff and/or so jaded about Endtown's population in general that he either can't or won't rise to the challenge.

>He has access to records and equipment to tap phone-lines. That's why no one goes to the police. Grouts gone mad with power and hog wild for ham.
Well it was the police that were getting their calls redirected during the Milk Trial, they weren't the ones doing the redirecting.

You do bring up one issue, though: Everyone's human underneath. While it might be less likely, there's no reason to suspect that a mutant that outwardly resembles a herbivore wouldn't also occasionally have fond dreams of bacon.

I'll note that pigs are omnivores, too.
>>
>>11206706
>>11206821
>You do bring up one issue, though: Everyone's human underneath. While it might be less likely, there's no reason to suspect that a mutant that outwardly resembles a herbivore wouldn't also occasionally have fond dreams of bacon.

>I'll note that pigs are omnivores, too.
That's not a remark on the pigs not going to the cops, by the way, I still think that's stupid. I'm just saying that if it does turn out without a shadow of a doubt that the pigs are being eaten, we shouldn't necessarily assume it's not a herbivore, or maybe even one or more other pigs.
>>
>>11206401
Portia's issues about being a pig would work a little better if Aaron hadn't upgraded her into being cute as a button for whatever reason.

Kind of meh in general, though, because it really only works with really old-timey stereotypes of sloth, greed and ugliness. Pigs in media have been cute, brave, smart and kind for just about the last eighty years or so.
>>
>>11206889
>maybe even one or more other pigs
Boy, wouldn't that be a twist!
>>
>>11207243
Plus it falls flat because, like Heather, we were given very little reason to become attached to Portia before being dumped into the middle of her crisis. All the engaging characters before this (Al, Gustine, Holly, Allie, Linda, Jim, etc) got a heaping helping of characterisation and slice-of-life first before they got arcs focusing specifically on them getting involved in something big.

I'm not sure there's much to her anyway.

>>11207292
Part of me says it might be of potential significance that there's a pig lawyer involved with the wolves and a recurring pig cop. Good placement to watch things happening. Could just be red herrings, though.

Random theory: The bodies are faked, and the fattened pigs are being put through some kind of hazing and then inducted into a pig cult. Or maybe the skull belongs to someone who refused, and losing a leg is part of the initiation ceremony... after which said legs are cannibalised by the cult.
>>
>>11201815
It's no good without the team's description.

>>11206401
>looks like this little piggy went mad
I still can't give a shit about her, though. Amazing.
>>
>>11207369
>Random theory: The bodies are faked, and the fattened pigs are being put through some kind of hazing and then inducted into a pig cult. Or maybe the skull belongs to someone who refused, and losing a leg is part of the initiation ceremony... after which said legs are cannibalised by the cult.
Boy, you weren't joking about the random part.
>>
>>11207491
Well, pigs *are* known for cannibalism...
>>
>>11207369
Heather and Portia seem to be extras that got upgraded to main characters on a whim. Aaron must have tried to recapture the lightning in the bottle that was Kirbee. The problem is that he chose the wrong characters as Kirbee had a nice personality since the moment she first appeared. Though it's pretty weird because Aaron usually gives extras a fair amount of personality, even in this chapter where he doesn't seem to care much about characters.
>>
>>11207703
I don't know about Kirbee, but with the "falling in love in hospital" thing and the "saving the girl from the bad guys chasing her" thing I think he was pretty heavily cribbing from Wally and Holly in terms of trying to recapture some kind of spark.
>>
>>11207719
And when he realized it he made that BS about Walt having a crush on Portia for years to make it different.
>>
>>11207703
>>11207719
It's like he's trying to cargo-cult his own writing.

>>11207805
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RememberTheNewGuy
>>
File: 1468553726810.png (369KB, 774x1396px) Image search: [Google]
1468553726810.png
369KB, 774x1396px
>>
>>11207703
>Heather and Portia seem to be extras that got upgraded to main characters on a whim.
I feel that way about Portia, but I feel like Heather is a just a small person that got wrapped up in something much larger than she could imagine, by unwittingly lighting the proverbial match in the powder keg. A minor incident lead to a huge problem and now she has something to struggle against, but Portia just seems like she's there.
>>
File: 1493695135089.png (430KB, 1000x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1493695135089.png
430KB, 1000x1700px
>>
>>11209018
Show 'em, cowgirl.

>>11209041
I meant literal extras. That's how Kirbee was made, she originally was meant to disappear after talking with Wally in that cell with the only point about her being that not all lizards were bad.
>>
File: what.png (12KB, 453x138px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
12KB, 453x138px
>>
File: 1462567978215.jpg (297KB, 1215x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462567978215.jpg
297KB, 1215x900px
>>
File: 1474600169716.png (1023KB, 1606x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1474600169716.png
1023KB, 1606x1051px
>>
>>11213636
I'm flattered someone saved that.
>>
File: 1474601213562.png (1007KB, 1500x2062px) Image search: [Google]
1474601213562.png
1007KB, 1500x2062px
>>11213862
I know this was based on Doom guy, but I've been playing Quake recently, which reminded me that I had this saved some where.
>>
File: 1502044235801.png (2MB, 2484x1431px) Image search: [Google]
1502044235801.png
2MB, 2484x1431px
>>11138897
>>11139865
Since Jack is a Rodani hanging out with a Netran/Fringer it seems like he would be shunned by Rodani culture, but how would the Netrans feel about the this? Could he accompany Shalara into Ingrim's territory without getting killed or enslaved?
And If you don't mind me asking is there any drawings of the Union of Trade Republic tech, personnel or people?
>>
File: Union Freighter.png (1MB, 5000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Union Freighter.png
1MB, 5000x1500px
>>11214382
No, he couldn't. Shalara and Jack end up getting separated during their escape of the Protectorate, with the intent of reaching the Union. Their relationship is a rare one, especially in the Protectorate where Netrans/Fringers are third class citizens by default. It's not especially unheard of, but only their close friends know of theirs. Even one of Jack's friends doesn't approve of it, once remarking he, 'never wants to catch him in bed with a goblin.'

Here's a quick sketch of a Union freighter approaching/entering an enclosed facility.
>>
>>11214883
Thanks. That's really cool.
>>
>>11206401
I hadn't thought about it but... is there any smut of those two or at least Portia? Is she that unlikable?
>>
>>11176529
>Food shortages claimed in newspaper from leaked data
>Events are arranged to make it look like wolves are eating pigs
>Grout "I want to make it very clear that we don't know for certain that people are eating pigs! This pigs look like they were turned into head cheese and delicious ham, sure, but we don't know they were eaten! And there's absolutely no evidence that the wolves have anything to do with it!"
>Examiner/Philo: "The looming spectre of the shortages and Jacob's philosophy have combined and we've started eating each other, starting with the wolves eating the pigs! FAIRY-TALE HORROR!"
>Jacob makes public statement to quell fears
>Invites camera crew into food storage to see for themselves the massive stockpiles
>Selects can at random, opens it and upends it theatrically over a plate, expecting a pile of saucy beans
>Only dust, because the scavenger crews have been bulking up the supplies with Amesworth-exposed cans ever since Allie noted that the Waste had become fruitless, the people in charge of the stores are part of the conspiracy, and it was all kept from Jacob when he took office because the thing about him being illegitimate got out via the rats.
>Jacob and his philosophy are excoriated by the Examiner
>Suddenly, someone turns up with Mallard's old hydoponics project...
>>
File: 1466484397174.jpg (65KB, 533x432px) Image search: [Google]
1466484397174.jpg
65KB, 533x432px
>>11216326
Portia does kinda suck but I think it's mostly because most of the people who would have drawn lewds left. Heather and Eve have some but depending on how Aaron draws Penelope Puma we might have a little lewd-splosion.

>>11216379
Kek
>>
>>11216597
Half the lewds seemed to be coming from the /trash/ drawthreads, so whoever was requesting those must have lost interest too.

Kazen's still here, and I think Suule might be, too, so that's half of the Endtown porn crew still around, at least.
>>
>>11216379
>in deep irony, Dottie and Jacob end up on the same side and working together because both know something's not right with all this and Dottie's work with the wolves has actually both turned up suggestions that they've been manipulated and counter-evidence to them having anything to do with the pig kidnappings
>>
>>11214883
Does Netra have any forms of alcohol to drink? From what you said it has been inhabited by humans and seeing that yeast is surprising long lasting, were alcohol producing organisms brought over by humans or was there an already existing ecosystem on Netra that had an something producing alcohol?

And I guess the TL;DR version is: What do they do to get wasted?
>>
File: 1436189309382.jpg (140KB, 1279x960px) Image search: [Google]
1436189309382.jpg
140KB, 1279x960px
>>11217851
Good question.
>>
File: Pael's_Voice_Color.png (723KB, 808x673px) Image search: [Google]
Pael's_Voice_Color.png
723KB, 808x673px
>>11217851
A multitude of things; various forms of alcohol exist yeah, which Netrans themselves still make, based on formulae brought by colonists. Although a vast array of chemical narcotics based on Netran plant and some animal byproducts also exist. Pic related is a Netran plant-like life form called Pael's Voice. It is roughly fern-fungus like in it's reproductive cycle, in that it disperses spores (making a horrifying noise in the process of it, these things actually expand and contract to do so, creating a high pitched shriek). These spores themselves can be harvested and snorted like cocaine. This practice is especially popular among Netrans/Fringers, who attach some ritual to it.
>>
>>11217133
In before Dottie ends up being the only one apart from Jacob to know that both recent governments, Jacob's and the one that replaced it, have been the product of fakery.
>>
>>11218076
That is indeed horrible but I imagine Netrans are conditioned to like that sound after knowing what it means.
>>
File: Shalara's Vision.png (372KB, 2400x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Shalara's Vision.png
372KB, 2400x3300px
>>11218076
The effect is roughly akin to peyote, a sensory upper/hallucinogen.
>>
>>11218076
So who or what is/was Pael?
>>
>>11218370
Lesser angel in Netran legends, a carrier of Maenon's sacred words, hence the spores.
>>
>>11218076
>This practice is especially popular among Netrans/Fringers, who attach some ritual to it.
What happens to the Rodani that snort it?
>>
File: NetranBugs.png (1MB, 2000x3400px) Image search: [Google]
NetranBugs.png
1MB, 2000x3400px
>>11219377
Similar, although it doesn't have as profound an effect. Netrans have a more complex/sensitive system of sensory organs in their extended sinus cavities. Rodani tend to favor alcohol, an extreme practice that involves diluted animal's defensive neurotoxin, and chewing/smoking some other plant's blossoms. The manner in which the various cultures grow/harvest all their plant based foodstuffs is something I need to address anyway.
>>
File: 1460762355276.jpg (208KB, 900x851px) Image search: [Google]
1460762355276.jpg
208KB, 900x851px
>>
File: 1463200916908.jpg (236KB, 1500x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1463200916908.jpg
236KB, 1500x1034px
>>
File: flaskfan1.jpg (302KB, 954x720px) Image search: [Google]
flaskfan1.jpg
302KB, 954x720px
>>
File: 1468472323418.jpg (76KB, 640x699px) Image search: [Google]
1468472323418.jpg
76KB, 640x699px
>>
>>11216597
>depending on how Aaron draws Penelope Puma we might have a little lewd-splosion
Heh, true.
>>
File: 1425360860136.jpg (51KB, 549x432px) Image search: [Google]
1425360860136.jpg
51KB, 549x432px
>>11224671
She is pretty cute.
>>
File: 1466484726174.jpg (50KB, 528x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466484726174.jpg
50KB, 528x360px
>>11225052
>>
File: 1466360463662.jpg (245KB, 960x1337px) Image search: [Google]
1466360463662.jpg
245KB, 960x1337px
>>
>>11216597
>>11225052
>>11225064
I wonder if she's going to have the original design or will she be toony-er or will she look closer to Flask?
>>
File: 1484663044526.png (294KB, 927x953px) Image search: [Google]
1484663044526.png
294KB, 927x953px
>>
>>11227821
That's assuming she's going to make an appearance at all this arc and wasn't simply a throwaway reference and a narrative excuse to keep the Examiner making a commentary on events even though Dottie's not there.
>>
>>11231414
I feel like this is leading up to Grout making a shitty press statement and the whole thing boiling over and Penelope is the one reporting on the pig disappearances now.
>>
>>11231949
True, though Philo was the one we've been focusing on and the one we saw writing up what appeared to be some kind of appeal against animalistic behaviour.

It would also be weird if a focus character were introduced this late in the arc, not to mention adding yet another thing for readers to juggle, though since Heather doesn't work too well and Portia really doesn't work at all, maybe Aaron's going for broke? Or maybe she'll just be a cameo.

Betting time: More manbearpig first thing next week, or on to more interesting things like the press conference or Grout stalling? It could also be time to whiplash back to Heather, Jacob, Philo or Dottie again.
>>
>>11227821
Drake is unrecognizable now so I guess Penelope will be different too.
>>
File: 1468470297863.jpg (95KB, 640x876px) Image search: [Google]
1468470297863.jpg
95KB, 640x876px
>>
File: 1468013301583.png (2MB, 3000x4125px) Image search: [Google]
1468013301583.png
2MB, 3000x4125px
>>
File: 1474304469041.jpg (67KB, 800x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1474304469041.jpg
67KB, 800x1041px
>>
>>
>>11206401
>I don't want a protector
>i want to be able to stand on my own two feet
>we arrived together
>we were eachother's anchor we were a team
>left me alone

>cries about not wanting someone to protect her and wants to be independent
>in the next breath cries about how her and her brother protected eachother and how he left her alone
>>
File: what37.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
what37.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>11237483
Forgot my image
>>
>>11237483
>>11237489
She just seems to be kind of an irrational person in general. It's just about the only element of her characterisation outside "generic female lead" and even then it's arguably a female stereotype taken from older movies.
>>
File: 1462847567443.jpg (112KB, 640x757px) Image search: [Google]
1462847567443.jpg
112KB, 640x757px
>>
OP here.

Should we let this thread die so we can have a fresh one for the next set of strips?
>>
>>11238520
We're still 60 posts away from the bump limit. Unless Monday's update is a doozy, I think that'll be enough.
>>
File: 1493700130142.jpg (276KB, 1218x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1493700130142.jpg
276KB, 1218x1144px
>>11237335
I wonder if the swimsuit calendar was turned into a simple pinup book because of all the requests for Jim.
>>
>>11238520
I can probably round this out with Shining Sky stuff, which I'm currently sketching. Also streaming if anyone's inclined: https://picarto.tv/Kazen
>>
>>11240816

It was not exactly a swimsuit calendar but a pinup calendar with Endtown girls, It was simply an idea Aaron was throwing around but decided to go for a book instead. Sadly, it's on hold for now, as Aaron has been extremely busy with both the comic, Selina and his recent hospitalization which forced him to take things easy.
>>
File: 1462105235015.jpg (277KB, 636x864px) Image search: [Google]
1462105235015.jpg
277KB, 636x864px
>>11241928
>Aaron has been extremely busy with both the comic, Selina and his recent hospitalization which forced him to take things easy.
I guess as long as it keeps him from going to the hospital again.
>>
File: kirbee color lingerie.png (721KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
kirbee color lingerie.png
721KB, 1536x2048px
>>11242390
>I guess as long as it keeps him from going to the hospital again.

absolutely, his health and Selina's come first.
>>
>>11240816

Aaron will concentrate exclusively on females I'm sure.
>>
File: 1433571351466.jpg (379KB, 585x864px) Image search: [Google]
1433571351466.jpg
379KB, 585x864px
>>11242875
>Aaron will concentrate exclusively on females

Nope, He will include males as well. Also, the book is not gonna be porn, or extreme lewds, He's gonna focus on basic pinups, there is gonna be some risque cheesecake of course, but mostly cute stuff.
>>
File: 1404690078201.jpg (280KB, 865x864px) Image search: [Google]
1404690078201.jpg
280KB, 865x864px
>>
>>11244451

I wish I could get a back shot of that pose..
>>
File: 1347743199.aaronneathery_flask.jpg (124KB, 291x517px) Image search: [Google]
1347743199.aaronneathery_flask.jpg
124KB, 291x517px
>>11245109
Aaron did say that Flask's ass would return.
>>
File: 1464761292513.jpg (393KB, 700x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1464761292513.jpg
393KB, 700x1001px
>>11245300

I want to eat that flask ass
>>
File: 1422974072389.png (40KB, 955x407px) Image search: [Google]
1422974072389.png
40KB, 955x407px
>>11245597
>>
File: absolutely adorable.png (114KB, 616x602px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely adorable.png
114KB, 616x602px
>>11246665

Off by one.

also, Jim is god... of cute!.
>>
>>11246665
>Not a self insertion character
>Doesn't know why he shares his name
Uh, at a guess, because he probably created Marx as an alter ego, as a lot of little kids do. Then he just convinced himself over time that he wasn't. It's telling that part of him resisted changing the name despite there being no real reason not to (because it's not like many people are going to go and read his older stuff) and every reason to do so.

>Pre-Patreon
>Prefers Holly's personality type
Good Lord, this IS old... one of the first emails?
>>
>>11246665
>The condition is still undiagnosed
If only I wasn't polite it could have been diagnosed a lot sooner...
>>
File: Penolope predictions.jpg (45KB, 800x296px) Image search: [Google]
Penolope predictions.jpg
45KB, 800x296px
>>
>>11249830
I'm betting on glasses.
>>
File: Improved Solaire Jim.jpg (251KB, 800x1242px) Image search: [Google]
Improved Solaire Jim.jpg
251KB, 800x1242px
>>11246745
I added a background a while ago but I never posted it. Also sorry about no spoilers on /trash/.
>>
File: 147909195655s72.png (167KB, 615x817px) Image search: [Google]
147909195655s72.png
167KB, 615x817px
>>11251692

That's awesome.

On another note, In case anyone is interested. Some of you know Aaron lives in the Houston area and his zone got flooded, thankfully he's on a second floor and the flood didn't effect him, however Selina's workplace did get flooded and is gonna be out of work for a couple weeks. So, Aaron is going be selling or auctioning some original Artwork in the next couple of days, those who were interested in getting their hands on some of Aaron's original Art, might get a chance now.

Figured I give you guys a heads up.
>>
File: Old rats.jpg (36KB, 640x381px) Image search: [Google]
Old rats.jpg
36KB, 640x381px
>>11252081
Well that sucks. I'm glad they're alright.
>>
>>11252081
I'd forgotten he lived there.

It's good to know he hasn't been washed away, though that kind of makes it sound like he's stuck upstairs... I hear there's more rain inbound, so let's keep our fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong.

Is he using the old auction site?
>>
File: tumblr_nssvul0iLT1u41dhno2_1280.jpg (54KB, 574x449px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nssvul0iLT1u41dhno2_1280.jpg
54KB, 574x449px
>>11252460
>I'm glad they're alright.

Yeah, me too. I was actually pretty worried when Harvey was about to hit the Texan coast, He assured me then that he was simple expecting rain, he being a bit far from Harvey's trajectory, guess it was way more rain that initially anticipated.

>>11252502

>Is he using the old auction site?

I don't know if he's gonna use the old auction block or if he's gonna auction them on Ebay, not clear yet.
>>
>>11252578
I guess that's Aaron's luck. But seriously I hope he and Selina are safe.
>>
File: 1454383290682.jpg (393KB, 920x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1454383290682.jpg
393KB, 920x1148px
>>11252716
>I hope he and Selina are safe

He assured me they are safe, so there's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>11253081
Yeah, but he assured you they were just expecting a bit of rain, too...
>>
File: 1493036989513.png (50KB, 1234x778px) Image search: [Google]
1493036989513.png
50KB, 1234x778px
>>11253128

True, you are right. Let's hope he stays safe.
>>
Aaron's in Harris County, right?

https://www.harriscountyfws.org/
>>
>>11253323
I'm trying to hope but that picture is distracting.
>>
File: 1468100462550.png (336KB, 993x1167px) Image search: [Google]
1468100462550.png
336KB, 993x1167px
>>
I will be surprised if there's a comic today. And I won't blame Aaron at all if there isn't.
>>
>>11255847

Knowing Aaron, there most likely will be a new strip up today. He's not one to sit around doing nothing, specially if he's stuck in his place.
>>
>>11255913
I'm thinking more along the lines of power failures and internet outages, what with everything underwater in what people are calling an "unprecedented" flood.
>>
>>11255932

Well, I'm pretty sure he still has power and internet, he was pretty quick to reply to my emails last night. That could change, though..
>>
>>11255983
Well hopefully all the infrastructure in his area is intact, and that goes double for the shelter. Sounds like it's getting worse, though.
>>
File: 1441978659101.jpg (215KB, 900x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1441978659101.jpg
215KB, 900x1057px
>>11256050

>Sounds like it's getting worse, though.

There's a tornado warning right now, I know he's on a relatively "high" place, but I still can't help to worry. goddam...
>>
File: 1492687392882.png (200KB, 630x627px) Image search: [Google]
1492687392882.png
200KB, 630x627px
>rare super-dedicated webcomic author
>nature itself conspires against the updates
Of course.
>>
>>11256352

he can't catch a break.

meanwhile other authors barely update their comics while still getting 4 digits a month from patreon...
>>
File: 1475112158745.jpg (118KB, 640x893px) Image search: [Google]
1475112158745.jpg
118KB, 640x893px
>>
File: end170828.gif (355KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170828.gif
355KB, 900x919px
Looks like Grout didn't even need to give any sort of press conference? Another "leak"?

Whoever it was who wrote the article has made the leap from "signs of butchery" to "signs of cannibalism", just as the citizens seem to have done rather less reasonably from "cannibalism" to "wolves".

It's weird how suddenly everyone seems to think it's the wolves when it was only Heather who had apparently come to that conclusion before. Portia seemed to decide it was quite suddenly, but she explicitly hasn't spoken out about the harassment, so it's anyone's guess where the sudden association came from in the minds of anyone else. We haven't been directly exposed to any word-of-mouth for this kind of thing, have we?
>>
>>11257165
Good to see a strip up.

>It's weird how suddenly everyone seems to think it's the wolves when it was only Heather who had apparently come to that conclusion before
It's been mentioned a couple times that there are people sick of the wolves shit, but it hasn't really been shown.
>>
>>11257607
Yes, I just feel like the "wolves are troublemakers" thing came out of nowhere this arc so it feels like a new development with no reputation issues or anything that could prompt this, and now we've kind of skipped a step to boot.

I remember Heather raging about the way the wolves had supposedly been treating her friend (and aligning that with his "suicide") and taking the whole thing very personally, but apart from that all I can remember is Dottie telling off Hat and Glasses, and that was specifically for being idiots during a *predator scare*.
>>
>>11257165
Portia just makes no sense period. Randomly harassed one single time by two idiot wolves acting like street hoods and now she's fixated on the idea that the highly articulate and targeted phone calls and her brother's spooky kidnapping are the work of the same people.

Maybe Aaron's picked up on people not caring much about her and now he's playing up the "Walt stuck his dick in crazy" part of things.
>>
>>11257165
Whats going on with this page? The reused shots of the two guys standing up look weird and I don't get what the wolf is doing. Looks pissed, licks his lips, then nervous? Or squinting, seeing the paper, then nervous?
>>
>>11258302
I *think* they look at him, he stares off into the distance and idly licks his lips in what they see as a "scary" fashion, then he looks down... because he realises they're staring, or something?

I think it's run into the "only four panels" issue and needed an extra panel to show him noticing them staring.
>>
Dottie should start her own newspaper, with gambling and hookers!
>>
Aaron lives in a second floor apartment, so more than likely hasn't been flooded out.
>>
>>11245300
You misspelled <spoiler> Sarah </spoiler>
>>
File: end160801.jpg (156KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end160801.jpg
156KB, 900x919px
>>11258757
>>
>>11258757
Is Summer over yet?
>>
File: JasperGold0405-copy.png (2MB, 960x1484px) Image search: [Google]
JasperGold0405-copy.png
2MB, 960x1484px
New Jasper Gold is up.
>>
>>11260103
What is this, exactly?
>>
>>11260166
"Allied" comic to Endtown, as in, by a fandom member with a similar style who's done a lot of Endtown art and gotten a following inside the Endtown fandom. We've been posting it in here for a while.

It's a pretty good comic: www.taleofjaspergold.com
>>
>>11260194
Cool; thank you. I'll take a look.
>>
>>11258302
It seems like he's licking his lips out of hunger or as a come on to the guys at the bar. Either way it looks like he's going to get his ass kicked outside the bar.
>>
File: Really Grout.png (121KB, 448x452px) Image search: [Google]
Really Grout.png
121KB, 448x452px
>>11258757
>>
>>11257165
>that blatant use of copy+paste
So weird.
>>
File: 1461000318156.png (71KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1461000318156.png
71KB, 321x322px
>>11257165
That guy on the left is hot as fuck

Also >>11260623 >>11258381 he sees them staring at him, and tries to be intimidating, but when he realizes it has no effect at all and they're still giving him a death stare (after reading about the massacre other wolves pulled) he starts to get nervous that he's going to get fucked up
>>
>>11263110
I think he rushed he comic so he could get it out before the storm.
>>
File: TopsiderComic10.png (803KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic10.png
803KB, 2000x2000px
>>11137653
AFTER 10,000 YEARS I'M FREE
>>
>>11265717
TIME TO CONQUER THE THREAD!

Good to have you back.
>>
>>11265717
Holy shit! Nice to have you back!
>>
File: The Hero Triumphs.png (36KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
The Hero Triumphs.png
36KB, 800x500px
>>11265779
Thanks, feel freaking great to be back...and also have a huge backlog to read too! It's like Christmas up in here!
>>
>>11263145
I don't think he's trying to be intimidating, he doesn't seem to be looking at them at all while he's doing the lip-licking. In fact, my first thought was that he was looking at a wall menu.

The whole thing just suffers from too little space to sell the sequence, I'm afraid.

>>11265717
Hey CA! Where the hell were you, have you been okay, and how are you doing?

I hope Clovis is going to be okay. Though he does look really funny with his hair sprouting out of his helmet, there.
>>
File: Missing_fixed.png (103KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Missing_fixed.png
103KB, 600x800px
>>11265807
Thank you too! Sorry for the pause, I was reading updates. I think the only thing I can say about how the comic progressed is that it's easy for a medical examiner to consider cannibalism rather than butchery if there are teeth marks on the bones left in the river from chewing on them. It wasn't referenced but I just imagine Aaron doesn't watch a bunch of crime murder shows like I do.

You guys already went over how suspiciously convenient that shit was with fishing out a skull from the water and how hypocritical Portia is (I'M A STRONK INDEPENDENT PIG WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN EXCEPT MY BROTHER BOO HOO HOO) so right on my familia.

Obligatory 'Where's Denise?' on my end here.
>>
File: Walt Universe.png (173KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Walt Universe.png
173KB, 1000x800px
>>11265894
In shortest terms I've had a hell of a time getting ANY time to myself thanks to my job. My sleep schedule was all out of whack and I couldn't make it onto my desktop at all in the interim until everything could settle down again. It really freaking sucked, I hate having to wake up, immediately do work, and then when the morning comes be too tired to do anything but sleep and repeat for four weeks. Even when things would settle something would pop up and throw me out of wack again, like working extra in mornings and extending the sleep deprivation. It's not fun, honestly, and really proves why you should never work for family.
>>
>>11265894
I think he might be supposed to be looking at them and trying for a sick joke as a reaction to their staring, but the angles make it damn hard to tell. It would have been clearer if he'd been staring directly out of the panel in panel 3. On the other hand the squint does make it look like he's trying to read something rather than trying to scare.

I dunno. It's poorly executed either way.
>>
>>11266052
Damn. Sounds like you've been run into the ground. I hope that's the end of it.

Glad to have you back, anyway!
>>
>>11266209
Your take makes sense too. Agreed on the execution.
>>
>>11266052
Damn. That sucks but I hope you got a paycheck out of it.

>>11257165
I noticed that there is a typewriter at the table but it doesn't look like he would be using it. Maybe Dottie was interviewing him, or maybe this is Dottie's speculated wolf boyfriend.
>>
File: SOON.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
SOON.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
>>11266280
Probably not but I'm going to make sure I stop getting taken advantage of lately. It's been special bullshit and I'm tired of it.

>>11266369
Hell yeah I do and I know exactly what I'm getting once I break a certain limit of cash. SOON. And then I can stop fussing around with this crappy piece of shit I use to do digital work.
>>
>>11266369
Shit, you're right. Probably an interview and she's gone to the bar or something, and she's going to come back and give the other guys an earful for "intimidating" her subject. Or she's right there and this is going to be her ignoring something that's right under her nose. Either way it'll probably be a way to grind in the whole "Dottie is biased because reasons" thing even harder.

It's weird, I didn't even think of that because if you'd asked me to picture an implement for recording notes during an interview I would have picked a tape recorder or a notepad, not a semi-portable-at-best typewriter that would be clackity-clacking over the interviewee.

>>11266449
Woah. CA spending the big money. I hope you enjoy it!
>>
>>11266537
>not a semi-portable-at-best typewriter that would be clackity-clacking over the interviewee.
It kept bothering me because I couldn't figure out why there would be a full sized typewriter at a bar besides Endtown having a problem with hipsters. I guess that's all Dottie has now, besides a notepad to write and record interviews.
>>
OP here. New thread in a short while.
>>
>>11266449

Hey man, a word of advice - Cintiqs are nice and people shill them constantly but myself I love the OLD Intous line - Intous 3 line is particulary great if you're on a budget and you can grab one repossessed. They are strudy and serve for multiple years.

That's what I sketch coon butts on and been doing it for years. I bought one in mint condition for $300 6 years ago and I love it sill.
>>
New thread.

>>11267251
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 162

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.