[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endtown thread - Sketchy Characters Edition Mostly complete

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 145

File: sarahandjim_copy.jpg (268KB, 900x645px) Image search: [Google]
sarahandjim_copy.jpg
268KB, 900x645px
Endtown thread - Sketchy Characters Edition

Mostly complete comic archive: https://mega.nz/#!rlUGDTxC!Ks4RgV9ITtOw8eJ8RfgV-YSQk8eyBYUqwZ-SAJFYTzg

Previous thread: https://desuarchive.org/trash/thread/10828483
>>
File: end170807.gif (230KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170807.gif
230KB, 900x919px
Most recent strips.
>>
File: end170809.gif (260KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170809.gif
260KB, 900x919px
>>
File: end170811.gif (279KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170811.gif
279KB, 900x919px
>>
File: TopsiderComic1.png (559KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic1.png
559KB, 2000x2000px
Crit Anon's Topsider comic (not complete).
>>
File: TopsiderComic2.png (946KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic2.png
946KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic3.png (929KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic3.png
929KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic4.png (930KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic4.png
930KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic5.png (998KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic5.png
998KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic6.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic6.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic7.png (907KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic7.png
907KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic8.png (989KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic8.png
989KB, 2000x2000px
>>
File: TopsiderComic9.png (795KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TopsiderComic9.png
795KB, 2000x2000px
>>
>>11012927
>>11012933
(1/2)

Aaron's handed the idiot ball to Dottie pretty hard. If you want to be charitable about the writing and her behaviour, she's overextended her valid point about reminding everyone that wolves aren't intrinsically bad into mistaking the wolves' reactionary backlash actions for a fight against racism, possibly because nobody in Endtown's even sure what "race" or "species" mean any more. Unfortunately for what I suspect Aaron might be going for, that doesn't entirely work with the wolves because we haven't been shown any privelages the loss of which they might mistake for oppression.

Or maybe we have, if you get real interpretory... if everyone in a society is afraid to act out against one section of it (in this case because they're large, tend to move in groups, and have sharp teeth), and that group becomes so used to this over eight years that they feel like they can openly spout cruelties like the wolf bitch (literal and figurative) did in the laundry without fear of repercussion, and suddenly someone who's had enough (and to be fair, is suffering from her own biases), someone who was *under* them, enforces some repercussions... you might get an out-of-proportion privelages-are-threatened backlash like the wolf riot.

It requires some interpretation and really could have been conveyed better if it's the case (the open harassment of Portia could figure into it too, though as it took place at night and on deserted streets it still felt like "we won't get caught" rather than "we don't think anyone will stand up to us"), but it kind of works. I guess we'll have to see where Aaron takes this.
>>
>>11013826
(2/2)

It still doesn't explain Dottie's turn towards sociopathy and callousness (even towards those she's supposedly defending - recall that her reaction to the riot wasn't "Oh, how awful - quick, we need to document this!" but "HEADLINE BUFFET!") or how the person who could figure out half the back plot of the Milk Trial from pure deduction and always acted as Walt's moral-backbone-donor came to be like this, but it's something.

Her point about philosophical advocacy against racism/speciesism is valid if the newspaper content is going to be pared back to "just the facts", as that kind of conversation needs to occur *somewhere*, but it remains to be seen if she'll use whatever new platform she finds or creates to condemn the wolves when they're stupid like her original characterisation at the start of the arc (perhaps she'll start looking for examples of oppression and find that the shoe is very much on the other foot... paw... thing).

I'd like to think this all still comes from a genuine desire to do the right thing like the Dottie of old, no matter how wrongheaded she's being right now, but it's disturbing how it feels like Aaron's switched to writing Dottie as someone who merely wants to feel good about herself, self-examination, compassion and actual ethics be damned.

It's interesting to note that among Aaron's limited commentary circle outside here, Selina is reacting to the recent plot by hashtagging against biased journalism and "fake news", Jenner appears to be wholeheartedly supporting Dottie's choice, and the GoComics guys seem to be all "YEAH, FUCK BLM!"
>>
Hey guys, Kazen here. Now that the thread's up, up for a Shining Sky QA/mini general? Considering running these on Sundays to pad out the additional day.
>>
>>11014068
New Shining Sky stuff? Sounds good to me.
>>
File: Ingrim's Throne (Small).png (3MB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Ingrim's Throne (Small).png
3MB, 2250x3000px
>>11014140
This has to do with the Reavers, basically the barbarians of this world. Here is one of the thrones of the War Queen Ingrim, of their most powerful, populous clan. Here's a good vidya song to convey their style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKakINXjl8
>>
>>11014416
They have rat slaves?

Are these specific characters around the room? The one on the left looks like your main girl.
>>
File: Reaver Slave.png (892KB, 1500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Reaver Slave.png
892KB, 1500x2500px
>>11014416
This particular clan is both the most dominated by Netrans, and the largest organized nation of their race in the world. They have a very strong sense of racial identity, to where they enslave Rodani of other clans, and Protectorate soldiers if they can. Part of their religious belief system holds them as the true inheritors of Netra, hence bearing the name. As contrasted to the Rodani, who outbreed Netrans 4:1, this clan in particular considers their kind to be a cancerous plague, using up the already strained resources of a wounded planet. This rationalizes a lot of monstrous treatment of these unfortunate souls.
>>
File: 1495145927057.gif (564KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495145927057.gif
564KB, 1000x800px
>>11013826
>>11013842
Dottie's always been a very stubborn and sometimes over dramatic but your right, she's got the idiot ball and running with it. I can see her being angry with Foxworthy and leaving the Examiner in a huff, but calling it racism is just dumb; nobody's telling Gustine to go to the back of the bus. Saying something a little subtler like speciesism or wolf-hate would sound a lot better.

>>11014416
>>11014626
Neat.
>>
>>11014626
So how many nations of each race are there, and what kind of racial mixes and social contrasts do they have?
>>
>>11014416
Is Ingrim's clan near the Protectorate boarder or are they deeper in the Reaver clan territory?
>>
File: ReaverEngineer.png (2MB, 3000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
ReaverEngineer.png
2MB, 3000x2500px
>>11014595
Yup, that's Shalara on the left. She earns a spot beside Ingrim over the course of the story, growingly realizing the situation as she goes. Originally her motivation had been to seek out a new homeland for her people under the Protectorate's thumb, but she finds the Reavers to be at least as, if not more unpalatable.

>>11014849
There are at least 4 non-Reaver nations, all of which are dominated by Rodani. There are roughly 5 Reaver nations, and all but the one most powerful one is, as well. So far the story only concerns itself with two 'civilized' nations, the Protectorate and the Union of Trade Republics.

>>11014854
They border the Protectorate. Although only a decade ago, the Protectorate was 7 city-states that once themselves competed for resources, and were regular prey of raiding parties in the past.

Pic related is an aged, slightly insane Chief Engineer, who is paraplegic from a multi ton equipment accident. He's one of a subsect of their clan (sort of like the Adeptus mechanicus i suppose) who particularly worship us humans as gods of engineering and mathematics.
>>
>>11014739
"Speciesism!" would definitely work better; as it is, the only way "Racism!" really works is if we speculate that perhaps Dottie is running on older instincts, maybe based on experiences from before the war, and she's just defaulted to calling it that.

Perhaps she was an anti-racism advocate in college and simply hasn't figured out that what she's seeing here and now isn't the same thing, yet?

Still seems far more extreme and more stupid than is likely for her, even with something like being directly involved in, say, sheltering victimised friends, or even offering protection and documentation of the victims during a pre-WWIII race riot or whatever it might have been (if it *is* another trauma-in-distant-past-controlling-current-behaviour thing then I'd almost suspect Aaron of having come to believe at some point that women are slaves to their emotions and their emotional memories. But we'll see...)

If this does go in that direction, be on the look out for Aaron's college newspaper experiences being ported directly into Dottie's backstory. Could be a fun game to try and spot them.

On another note, didn't the CSA still exist as of WWIII in the Endtown universe? You have to wonder how that affected the American continent's perception of racism. Gustine, at least, seems to have been Al's social equal, so Neitherlandian social position may have been entirely based on what you owned and how much of it... seemed like a very mercenary place.
>>
>>11015177
>So far the story only concerns itself with two 'civilized' nations, the Protectorate and the Union of Trade Republics.
I remember you saying the Protectorate treated Netrans as second class citizens. How does the Union of Trade Republics treat the Netrans?
>>
File: HardShot.png (478KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
HardShot.png
478KB, 1440x900px
>>11014849
The Prot. is heavily dominated by Rodani, and is itself fearful of Netrans, to where they consider them all potential Reavers. Any that live in land they gobble up (like Shalara's family) they cram into walled off slums that're run like military barracks, for fear they'll at least aid them, if not join their ranks entirely. The term 'Fringer' is common here, and is usually the default name. Most of the ones that grew up here have never heard their race called 'Netrans' before, usually a variety of derogatory names, like 'Goblin' is common.

The Union of Trade Republics is a bit more progressive in this regard, they try to attract their kind with educational and occupational programs. On the other hand they're often seen, and it's not impossible that they try to buy/cheat them out of their land, rather than the aggressive expansion of their counterparts.
>>
>>11015177
Now there's an interesting fellow. Obsessed with ancient human tech?

>>11015472
>Goblin
Do they speak English, something derived from English, or is their language their own and "Goblin" just an approximation in terms of "feel"?

I'd also like to ask: Why "Shining Sky"? Not saying it isn't charming, but I'm curious: is it an element of the plot or theme?
>>
File: Union Freighter.png (1MB, 5000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Union Freighter.png
1MB, 5000x1500px
>>11015431
Like in >>11015472
but it's not entirely perfect. They have their own array of familiar racial tensions and suspicions. It's not unlike things in the U.S. in the 1970's, as far as that goes.

They also use more of the 'anti-grav' technology in their craft, largely due to a greater availability of parts, and they have had a relatively peaceful existence compared to their counterparts thanks to geography. They have had conflicts with their own Reaver neighbors, but not at all Ingrim's clan, however.

>>11015722
Yup, he and everyone else in this world refer to us as the 'Great Old Ones' or some derivation thereof. Often manmade objects are considered holy relics.

Goblin's mostly an approximation in terms of 'feel' I suppose. I was trying to think of what sort of derogatory term these guys would get called, and that came to mind.

The name Shining Sky is meant to represent the hope for a better future, which is the dominant theme of Shalara's adventure; seeking out or building if need be, a brighter horizon.
>>
File: Old Union Gunship.png (263KB, 2000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Old Union Gunship.png
263KB, 2000x750px
>>11015722
They/other characters all speak a common language (which I will have an explanation for), but the space-runes we started using before we colonized Netra are wholly mysterious to them, rather like the hieroglyphs without the Rosetta stone. It's an alphabet I plan on properly designing.
>>
>>11016007
Makes me think of:

Do you ever feel, in your caves of steel,
The chill of an ancient fear?
Do you shudder and say, when you pass this way,
A human once walked here?

They've cut off our heads, but we're not dead,
And we're bound by an ancient vow.
That does not sleep which dreams in the deep,
We're the Great Old Ones now!
- Ken MacLeod, Newton's Wake

That's a good theme to have for a world such as this. So Shalara's going to be the one who finds the way forward to the future, a different way to do things? Or she's going to try?

Is the anti-grav stuff taken from human machinery? Valuable and scarce? Or is it reverse engineered and hard to produce?
>>
File: Shalara'sBunk.png (3MB, 2244x1320px) Image search: [Google]
Shalara'sBunk.png
3MB, 2244x1320px
>>11016497
She eventually takes part in the formation of an 'underground railroad' of sorts, and finds herself at the forefront of the breaking of revolutionary information that changes how the world views Netrans.

The AG drives are generally rare, require unique parts that're difficult to reverse engineer, and generate tremendous amounts of heat.
>>
>>11016856
Sounds like a fun tale.

What other technologies do they have that don't correspond to our own modern world?
>>
File: Powersuit.png (2MB, 2500x3400px) Image search: [Google]
Powersuit.png
2MB, 2500x3400px
>>11017313
Some basic walking war machines; the gyroscopes they use are derived from the AG drives, as in the AG drives use a mechanism that itself is gyroscopic in nature. A simpler variation that's more within their industry's capabilities give them at least that power. Something akin to TIberian Sun's Titan walkers, I could also see in the future. They're a relatively new thing that the Protectorate is moving forward with, in lieu of a competitive supply of AG's.
>>
File: Pit Rat.png (2MB, 3375x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Rat.png
2MB, 3375x2500px
>>11017313
They also have a form of vibro-blades, and other energy weapons.
>>
>>11017494
>>11018016
This is all very cool stuff. Reminds me of the little sketches you get in RPG sourcebooks.
>>
File: Meg aint showing up doodle.jpg (59KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
Meg aint showing up doodle.jpg
59KB, 640x482px
>>
File: end170814.gif (254KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170814.gif
254KB, 900x919px
Today: We're back with Pig und Bear, as Walt explains things, makes a call-back, and then fishes a contrived coincidence out of the water.

Or possibly someone went down there and stuck a skull on his line just so he could be the one to find it.

I'll note that's a line with a float. I'm no fishing expert, but wouldn't that mean the skull *somehow* got hooked onto the line part way up from the bottom of the canal? Seems to me like a skull is something that would not have neutral buoyancy...

A quick Google says it looks more like a pig skull than a wolf skull, to me, especially with no downward fangs, but I could be wrong.

I think this may be intended to make us think a pig's been killed, but instead it just makes me wonder who, in Endtown, might have access to equipment for digging through concrete...

On the other hand, it doesn't look like a *cartoon* pig skull. Aaron's pigs seem to have short, flat faces, much like Walt.
>>
File: variants_large_8137.jpg (82KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
variants_large_8137.jpg
82KB, 900x900px
For reference, this is a pig skull.
>>
File: 41Q32dTH7vL._SX342_.jpg (17KB, 342x307px) Image search: [Google]
41Q32dTH7vL._SX342_.jpg
17KB, 342x307px
And this is a wolf skull.

I think an anthro skull, besides the animal features, would also have a larger and more curved cranial vault than the animal default and probably forward-facing eye sockets even on prey anthros.
>>
Another thought occurs: It might surprisingly turn out to be neither.
>>
File: 1468279585971.jpg (117KB, 708x447px) Image search: [Google]
1468279585971.jpg
117KB, 708x447px
>>
File: JasperGold0403-copy.png (1MB, 960x1484px) Image search: [Google]
JasperGold0403-copy.png
1MB, 960x1484px
I think Maude might be about to meet her maker.

Or one of them, anyway.
>>
File: 8-1.jpg (41KB, 420x572px) Image search: [Google]
8-1.jpg
41KB, 420x572px
>>11019944
A float (or bobber) is usually there to keep the hook at a certain depth but also to keep it at a certain distance from the fisher.

It's possible to set the line so that the hook drags over the bottom even though there's a float but it's unusual.

Artistically it makes sense to use the closeup of the float splashing into the water as a transition panel. Watching the float gently bob in the water is also very relaxing and surely a part of Walts fishing ritual.

One of his pals might have attached the skull as some sort of anonymous tip since people are afraid to openly speak up and many trust Walt more than the police.

It's certainly ultra nitpicky to go over the realism of his fishing equipment to discern in advance if he caught the skull on accident or someone put it there.

He doesn't have a visible reel on his fishing rod so the line is super short by that logic and if the water isn't super murky they should be able to see the skeleton on the bottom.

In movies you often have floats disappearing under water and pulling on the line before an inanimate object is pulled out, which is bullshit but creates an expectation.
That way the surprise is bigger when it doesn't turn out to be a fish.

Neathery still partially runs on cartoon logic.

Walt might also enjoy dragging the occasional discarded shoe or empty bean can out of the canal on his fishing rituals so he set the line to drag along the bottom.

There, mystery explained.
>>
>>11019944
>>11021231
>One of his pals might have attached the skull
If were talking realism, this makes the most sense. There are aquatic mutants like Syd and Oscar and if I were them, I wouldn't want a shit load of bones all over the bottom of the canal.
Also the current of the canal is very strong, which could have kicked up a skull further up the canal.
>>
File: endtown-2016-09-21.gif (330KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2016-09-21.gif
330KB, 900x919px
So after rereading a lot of it this weekend any theories on what's causing the change. My guess is that because this Earth seems to be an anomaly among many dead Earth's, that some sci-fi of mumbo-jumbo is causing this Earths inhabitants to merge with other Earth's inhabitants that are anthros naturally, causing a sort of Mind and Body Meld which is why some react differently to others because there are more deviations between the two parallel individuals that merged, thus causing a schism, and that feeling like there's another you in the back of your mind trying to get out at some have described it. The only thing I can't really explain is the violent night terror mutations of the conscious, maybe cuz the minds are awake they go out of control like a cancer. Still can't explain how the biosuit stops it, unless it's not really a bio suit but something else.

The other idea I had was that it's going to go off that old theory that inside human DNA all animal DNA is also stored (I forget what it's called but it was the same theory that they based Mew in Pokemon). That the Exotic forms of radiation somehow triggered and Warped the DNA to mutate and since the surface is still Radioactive the bio suits are more like radiation suits, and those that are mutated are also slightly Radioactive which is how they become carriers
>>
>>11021231
Thank you for that detailed writeup, Anon. I wasn't really trying to *nitpick*, exactly, rather I was wondering if this was yet another significant detail/clue. This is being framed as a mystery arc, after all.

Yes, there is some cartoon logic in the strip, but it's always seemed to me that it's mostly in the nature of the mutations and the new behaviours mutants adopt, as well as nods to cartoons such as the anthro healing factor - everything else has a cruel veneer of reality, and Aaron even makes some attempt to explain the science when asked, or at least sets solid rules for it.

I agree that the float made for a nice transition frame, though. Aaron seems to be using a lot of them this arc.

>>11021296
Yes, even with some sort of dragline, it's still suspiciously coincidental that it was Walt who found the skull. Even if he's the only one who regularly sticks a hook into the water, and even if there are multiple bones being shifted around by the current (though since that's part of Endtown's water supply, you'd think they'd get caught in any filters and found quickly, if that were the case) the canals are still quite large, and it looks like he probably only has one spot he fishes from (the dock). I feel that either this was planted to mislead, or planted as a tipoff, like you say. It'd be cool to see Oscar again...

If this is (or is decided to be) a real murder victim, and there are a lot more bones found down there, we may finally be getting to the impetus for the investigation of the water source.

I wonder if this will lead the entire town to imagine they've been drinking "pig soup"...? Could lead to a certain amount of angst.

>>11021364
Wasn't schism remarked upon by Aaron as being the result of denying one's animal side, instinct wise? Bottling everything up?

It doesn't do much to explain where the animals of this version of the world all went, either. That part is apparently significant.
>>
>>11021424
My thoughts with the Schism more that what individual perceives as instincts that need to be suppressed are actually part of the other mind thus not melding correctly, after all if the other mind would probably also include the instincts like tail wagging and whatnot. The more different the two minds were from each other the harder it would be to meld as well.
The whole parallel universe join meld could also explain Jim and how he knew things all the sudden claiming to be god, as well as the image of infinite raccoon faces going in on each other. What if the two minds somehow joined cross Subspace open some sort of Rift if they can't meld correctly causing Minds across the infinite parallel universes to become known thus they can see all eventualities of that particular world.
>>
>>11021364
>The only thing I can't really explain is the violent night terror mutations of the conscious, maybe cuz the minds are awake they go out of control like a cancer.

A lot of Jungian psychology has to do with the unconscious mind and I get the feeling that Aaron loves Jungian psychology. It could have something to do with the self and the emergence of the self. I'm going to have to look into it a little further, so I'm not just talking out of my ass.

Also the symbol for self looks like Eye.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_in_Jungian_psychology
>>
>>11021487
Jim was explained by Aaron to be the product of possession by a demon-like entity known as Eye. It decided to take advantage of his schisming to wreck some shit - According to Aaron, usually schisming anthros just turn into "yowling maniacs".

I note that the raccoon shadows chasing Jim were also feral in nature, not anthro.

It's an interesting theory, Anon, but I think it needs some work.

Certainly Aaron has implied before that all his work takes place in a connected multiverse, which itself suggests that the Jacob Jackrabbit from "The Daily Grind" also exists alongside the Jacob Jackrabbit (nee Fish) from this reality, except that the other Jacob has *always* been an anthro. So yes, there are universes out there that naturally contain anthros with no apparent meddling by mysterious entities, but then again I'm pretty sure Aaron has explicitly stated that schism is the result of anthros in this reality dealing with the new feral components of their psyches.
>>
>>11021552
I guess I just got all my information from reading the comic and not any behind-the-scenes stuff. It just seems odd to me how that he has his whole parallel universe things set up but now it's also resorting to mysticism. It seems like you could almost do anything when you bring it in parallel universes without resorting to demon possession.
>>
>>11021579
That's something that's been remarked upon before as an issue with the comic - certain things are very hard or even impossible to properly pick up on without access to Aaron's email explanations.

Anything else you're wondering about, in that case? I can't say any of us have a complete set of the emails (usually posted on 4chan as screencaps, though we haven't seen one for a while), but we might be able to remember details that could interest you or help you theorise.

(The supernatural stuff has also been commented on; some people definitely preferred the feel of the comic before it entered the picture)
>>
>>11021607
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if the Topsiders are living in seal the domes why do they also need to be in suits in the sealed domes. If I'm Remembering this right I want to say Kowalski was talking about how they basically just lived inside the suits and never left them. You think if there are able to extract brains and use them as computers in vehicles that they would be able to hermetically seal plastic biodomes.
>>
>>11021652
The suits seem to be the only certain protection against the virus. The domes are just sealed because that was how they were built, I think, plus it renders them extra secure against things like wandering eatbeasts.

The Topsiders think the suits protect them because they're hermetic, but the current theory now that the "not a virus" theory is confirmed is that the suits only work because the Topsiders *think* they do. Funnily enough, if this is all being done by some spiritual entity (not necessarily Eye), then a ward that is produced simply by placing one's faith in something to keep one safe against it may also count as a hermetic seal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermeticism

Seriously, read the "as above so below" stuff and the reincarnation bit:

"O son, how many bodies have we to pass through, how many bands of demons, through how many series of repetitions and cycles of the stars, before we hasten to the One alone?"

Anyway, even the Topsiders with their advanced tech have never been able to identify the virus physically (IIRC this was one of the things that lead to the "no virus/it's something else" theory in the first place), so since they assume it has to be there they can never actually know if it's gone, hence their somewhat irrational decision that, despite the apparent omnipresence in all air over all observable areas, the only way to get rid of the virus is to kill all the "virus reservoirs", AKA, anthros and eatbeasts.

I can only assume they've seen that mutations occur even if a suit is punctured inside a dome (see Flask's flashback) and therefore rely entirely on the suits as even the domes are "compromised".

Despite all this they somehow manage to reproduce and give birth through the suits.
>>
>>11020951
I really like the color work he's been putting in on these.
>>
>>11015213
It's funny, but it just occurred to me that Dottie's situation is a mirror of Aaron's. Aaron was asked by his editor to abandon neutral stuff in favour of editorial material, Dottie was asked by her editor to abandon editorial material in favour of neutral stuff. Both quit in a huff to work on a passion project.

It's probably in vain to hope that this situation doesn't devolve into more "Person trying to do the right thing makes everything worse".
>>
File: 1487944522366.png (151KB, 722x518px) Image search: [Google]
1487944522366.png
151KB, 722x518px
>>
File: 1496944407064.png (2MB, 1451x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1496944407064.png
2MB, 1451x2048px
>>11020951
>>11022738
I love his colors. I hope it doesn't overwhelm him.
>>
File: 1496945911796.jpg (777KB, 1586x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1496945911796.jpg
777KB, 1586x2048px
>>11022738
His watercolors are amazing too.
>>
>>11019944
I'm calling it now, that a fish friend found it and put it on the line because fins can't carry things that well.
Also how did fish mutants survive in the first place, if they turned while unconscious they would die before they woke and unless someone was with them and they where near a water source.
>>
>>11021775
>Despite all this they somehow manage to reproduce and give birth through the suits.
Aaron has explained it as very precise microsurgery but honestly it's just nonsense necessary for the plot. Despite loving sci-fi, Aaron seems very ignorant of non-fantasy science.
>>
File: 1441726257157.png (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441726257157.png
76KB, 500x500px
>>11025546
If it was his fish friend maybe he could lead them to where the bodies have been dumped.
>>
>>11021607
>The supernatural stuff has also been commented on; some people definitely preferred the feel of the comic before it entered the picture
To be fair, it's had a bit of that since the beginning, what with the oracle and the magic healing tree that healed Al.
>>
>>11019944
Walt found the remains so that means no chance of detective Dottie. Walt and Portia will go on to keep bumping into clues until the mystery is solved. Hopefully Portia will gain a personality in the meantime.
>>
>>11028526
True, but I would say those could be regarded as the product of war-borne weirdness, like Fallout's psykers - in fact, isn't the location of the tree explicitly speculated to be the result of weapon effects breaking local reality?

I'd say a quasi-demonic entity and a direct glimpse of the afterlife are entirely on another level. But YMMV...
>>
>>11029470
>Walt found the remains so that means no chance of detective Dottie.
Yes, that's pretty much my conclusion too. A pity, she seemed set up nicely for it at the start. I can only assume whoever's pulling the strings is just going to keep handing clues to Walt to get him where they need him to be and show him what they need him to see. If he suddenly develops research and deduction skills (or Portia suddenly reveals she has them) it's just going to strain my suspension of disbelief all the more.

Oh well. There's some hope that Dottie's new direction will lead her to track down the other side of what's going on here, remaining in Endtown, but with the way Aaron writes people who take an active hand in trying to change things for the better, it's vanishingly small.
>>
>>11029904
That's true, in small amounts I think it's fine, but I'd think if he went the direction where the whole people turning into monsters, and anthros was the result of some spiritual entity, rather than something scifi, We'll I think that would be jumping the shark a little too much. I think people want "Fallout" like not "FF the spirits within."
>>
So any theories behind the phone calls? Think it's an existing character or someone new?
>>
>>11031169
It's Maurice. For some reason nobody's been questioning the addition of ham and eggs or pork and beans to the new menu.
>>
>>11031169
(1/2)

In absence of any clear indicators or mention that the voice is being modulated, I'm going to say it's probably someone we've met before, yet someone of which the vast majority of people in Endtown have no experience.

So maybe one of the security rats - they were able to redirect calls away from the police before, it's entirely possible that someone with access to the same systems could bypass the operators and make calls to people directly. In that case the evident intelligence and articulation of the voice would suggest Freeman rather than one of his lackwit underlings.

Velda could be an option, as she has little visible public speaking activity and mostly seems to stick close to Jackrabbit. She could also have access to the phone systems, and people suspect she's going to stab Jackrabbit in the back due to the rabbit-weasel thing.

I don't think it's Mallard - everyone in Endtown knows his voice because of that introductory film and things like the Hank Stillwater memorial (bean orgy). Besides, he's never felt like any sort of social manipulator or hands-on schemer, he's all about inventions, infrastructure and walling himself off from the masses.

Same with Marx, seems he's been speaking in public for a while now. Discounting any magical hand-wavey voice-disguise-a-tron (which goes for Mallard, too), he's not involved on this level.

Doc's out here, again for the same reason. Everyone in Endtown has probably heard him.

It's been speculated that it could be Linda using her tech know-how to hack the phone system, but she, Holly and Maude were all on public radio and television, so I daresay there'd be too much risk of people recognising her voice.

I doubt it's Cooper, he doesn't seem the type to be so cruel. I suspect his involvement runs as far as handing over stuff to Philo that even he doesn't realise has been faked.

Al seems too kindhearted to do this kind of thing even if it were a bluff in aid of deposing Jackrabbit.
>>
>>11032095
(2/2)

I did wonder if it could be Sparkplug. Ambiguous end, hates mutants, possible ditto accompaniment for camouflage if he's come to terms with them and managed to control them, tech skills out the wazoo... only he's entirely detached from the Milk Trial plotline and I feel like it's most likely someone from that, since this is pretty much Milk Trial 2.0.

Sarah seems to be out for the same reason, even if you could see her wanting to create a second Unity. Besides, not enough time has passed for her to find her way to Endtown, I feel, and she seems more of a potential nemesis for Wally's group.

Petey... nobody knows what techno-trickery he has in that body of his, or what's become of him and his PT friend by now. I can't establish a motive for interfering in Endtown like this, especially since Petey seems to be one of the most heroic characters in the cast, but I bet he could do it if he wanted.

Denise seems like a bit-player, not a tech wizard or high-level manipulator. Another pawn. Admittedly we have little experience of her, though.

Grout seems too low-level, probably a pawn if he's anything. He was also the victim of phone tampering in the Milk Trial, not the perpetrator.

The diner girls (scraping the bottom of the barrel, here) have no obvious motive, means or narrative power. I think we were supposed to see Roxie again eventually, though, weren't we?

Maude is out for the same reason.

Oscar is water bound, motiveless, and has too little presence for a big reveal to be anything other than comical.

Angus is about the same - switch "water bound" for "no apparent skills except clock maintenance".

Maurice is the comedy, "I would 'ave gotten' away weef eet if it wair net for zose meddling keeds" option.

Am I forgetting anyone?

On another note, I want to say that if it does turn out that some subset of the meta-conspiracy really has been set up to kidnap pigs purely for the plain old purpose of eating them, that will somehow seem... boring.
>>
>>11032095
>>11032121
The security rats seem like the most likely candidates of all the one's we know seeing as they have the know-how to tap phone lines, kidnap a full grown pig, and do it covertly, while having the will to kill.
Velda seems like she could be involved but she's doesn't seem like she could tap phone lines or haul a full grown pig anywhere, especially without anyone noticing. She could be a part of a larger group. Maybe it could be like the cult in Hot Fuzz ( wish I saved that edit).
I can't think of anyone else who would have anything to gain from this or would have any motivation to do this.
>>
>>11032762
>Velda seems like she could be involved but she's doesn't seem like she could tap phone lines or haul a full grown pig anywhere, especially without anyone noticing. She could be a part of a larger group. Maybe it could be like the cult in Hot Fuzz ( wish I saved that edit).
I was thinking she'd be commanding or allied with the rats, who could give her access to the phones and do the dirty work for her. If she wanted to backstab Jackrabbit, she might find no better ally than the rats - one of them at least is aware that Jackrabbit was illegitimately installed by Marx. I guess it all comes down to what happened to Freeman post-confrontation.

It's interesting, also, to note that the Oracle-Keeper seems to be having second thoughts about their role in things at the end of the Milk Trial.
>>
>>11020951
This took me way to long to draw.
>>
>>11032884
Wow. You draw one hell of a cute Maude.

Props!
>>
File: nigga, that's kawaii.gif (746KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nigga, that's kawaii.gif
746KB, 500x281px
>>11032884
Cute.
>>
>>11032852
>I was thinking she'd be commanding or allied with the rats
That could be. The rats definitely have no reason to like Marx or Jacob, and I'm sure they'd love another Flask to run the show, but this time, a little less crazy.
>It's interesting, also, to note that the Oracle-Keeper seems to be having second thoughts about their role in things at the end of the Milk Trial.
I thought that the Keeper of the Oracle was just an observer.
>>
>>11033018
>I thought that the Keeper of the Oracle was just an observer.
Right, but to look at the Marx sequence at the end of the ship arc (if you can bear to), they seem to be privy to a lot of very sensitive talk between Marx and the Oracle - probably more than we've seen. Couple that with the Keeper being not entirely on-board with the "Greater Good"... well, who in Endtown might be interested in finding out that everyone's being puppeteered to some kind of foregone conclusion?
>>
>>11032884
Too cute!
>>11024570
He's fine. Last I heard from him, he was already on page six, and so far there's only been three pages posted. So he's got a pretty good lead.
>>
File: 1473908270179.jpg (106KB, 640x887px) Image search: [Google]
1473908270179.jpg
106KB, 640x887px
>>
File: 1473184434862.jpg (180KB, 960x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1473184434862.jpg
180KB, 960x1058px
>>
File: 1468968001367.png (1MB, 1800x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1468968001367.png
1MB, 1800x1650px
>>
File: 1468442711939.jpg (490KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1468442711939.jpg
490KB, 800x1236px
>>
File: 1468444499262.jpg (503KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1468444499262.jpg
503KB, 800x1236px
>>
File: 1468444960939.jpg (471KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1468444960939.jpg
471KB, 800x1236px
>>
File: 1468445734092.jpg (589KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1468445734092.jpg
589KB, 800x1236px
>>
File: 1468447127847.jpg (362KB, 800x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1468447127847.jpg
362KB, 800x1049px
>>
File: 1468448363135.jpg (276KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1468448363135.jpg
276KB, 700x1050px
>>
File: 1468694918798.png (1MB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1468694918798.png
1MB, 1200x1650px
>>
File: 1491723897147.png (314KB, 944x840px) Image search: [Google]
1491723897147.png
314KB, 944x840px
>>
File: 1465043967733.jpg (225KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1465043967733.jpg
225KB, 720x1280px
>>
File: 1452241400168.jpg (324KB, 848x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1452241400168.jpg
324KB, 848x1098px
>>
File: 1453139118221.jpg (302KB, 652x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1453139118221.jpg
302KB, 652x1019px
>>
>>11039268
Nice
>>
>>
File: 1463373285002.jpg (225KB, 960x927px) Image search: [Google]
1463373285002.jpg
225KB, 960x927px
>>
File: Meg.png (941KB, 956x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Meg.png
941KB, 956x1165px
>>
>>11040623
My headcanon is that Meg hides gorgeous eyes behind that head of hair.
>>
>>11039310
>>11039313
Those images were probably responsible of most of the cancer that invaded the /co/ thread back then.

>>11042431
That's pretty cartoony. I like it.
>>
File: 1468738058038.jpg (93KB, 662x731px) Image search: [Google]
1468738058038.jpg
93KB, 662x731px
>>
>>11031169
I wonder if it's one of the other factions like they talked about from the first few pages.
>>
>>11045308
I was wondering if one of the landline-connected settlements had been quietly captured and the Topsiders had ended up suborning elements of Endtown infrastructure via the compromised communications channel, maybe promising someone on the inside some benefit if they put Topsider plans in to motion for the destabilisation of Endtown.
>>
>>11045792
I wonder if someone is trading the pigs for other food because they're sick of beans, but they haven't snapped to the point of cannibalism like some-others. Maybe the topsiders are telling them they need them to help find a cure, just stealing the brains and re-trading the pork by packing it and selling it as old world food they kept in storage.
>>
>>11046452
That relies on the conspirators being dumb enough to believe the Topsiders yet also being highly-placed enough to have access to the elevator shafts. Unless there's some back entry way to Endtown (as in, if the older style elevators used in the original evacuations aren't blocked off, or if there's some access point on the other side of the water system) it seems unlikely to me.

Plus this whole conspiracy seems like it would need government-level access to the Endtown environs to pull off, and Jacob's government is explicitly against Topsiders and implicitly against any sort of cure.

On another note, I want to point out that there's still been no mention of presumably-sensitive anthro noses detecting any pork cooking or curing.
>>
File: 1469589558213.jpg (171KB, 640x1589px) Image search: [Google]
1469589558213.jpg
171KB, 640x1589px
>>
File: 1482994534116.png (516KB, 900x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1482994534116.png
516KB, 900x1440px
>>
File: endtown-2015-10-26.gif (236KB, 900x920px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2015-10-26.gif
236KB, 900x920px
>>11045792
>>11046452
If the Topsiders had an exact location of Endtown, wouldn't it make more sense to glass the place instead of turn parties inside against itself? From the looks of it they have the ability to wipe out Endtown very easily.

>>11046953
>On another note, I want to point out that there's still been no mention of presumably-sensitive anthro noses detecting any pork cooking or curing.
If they are eating the pigs, it's entirely possible they're eating them raw. The intense smell of an entire populace fed with beans and a what could be explained a the weirdest barn on earth could easily cover up the smell of blood.
>>
>>11049064
>If the Topsiders had an exact location of Endtown, wouldn't it make more sense to glass the place instead of turn parties inside against itself? From the looks of it they have the ability to wipe out Endtown very easily.
Possibly, but it represents a potential asset if it can be conquered instead of destroyed, being more than a mile below ground and having considerable infrastructure over the other settlements we've seen. Not to mention that they might be aware that Mallard lives there and intent on capturing him for his abilities - I seem to recall Aaron stating that Mallard used to work for Apex.

Additionally, simply gaining possession of a settlement with a landline to Endtown doesn't automatically tell you where Endtown is, though if you can see what direction the cable goes it might give you some idea of its general direction, assuming no sudden changes of the cable's layout (which a smart designer would add). I suppose you could excavate around the cable, but that risks cutting it and letting Endtown know something is up, and also reveals itself via seismic activity (which you can bet Endtown is set up to detect, being underground), especially as the tunnelling gets closer.

>If they are eating the pigs, it's entirely possible they're eating them raw. The intense smell of an entire populace fed with beans and a what could be explained a the weirdest barn on earth could easily cover up the smell of blood.
That is a possibility too, though personally I would expect that many predators would be even more in-tune with the smell of blood than the smell of cooked or cured meat, especially anyone like Audrey Frobisher the shark woman (incidentally, Aaron suggested at one point that she might turn up in this arc).

Blood has a *very* distinct smell in large quantities - coppery and sweet.
>>
>>11049439
I don't think Mallard is any prize seeing as they hate/fear all things mutants and aren't afraid to kill off top commanders who turn mutant, and the only thing that the Topsiders would want Mallard to do is to either cure all mutations or kill all mutations, and seeing as he hasn't done that yet, all he's good for is a PT.

>especially anyone like Audrey Frobisher the shark woman
How many people in Endtown would actually know the smell of blood though. Maybe a mountain lion mutant walks by a covert butcher and begins to salivate and doesn't know why, but I doubt he'll contact the cops.
>>
>>11049767
Well, like you say, they use the plasticised brains of mutants in PTs... it may be entirely possible for them to refrain from wiping a brain, or only partially wipe it, and turn Mallard into a captive biocomputer. I'd say they're probably able to selectively edit brains - after all, they wipe (most) personal memories while either leaving or installing the knowledge of how to talk and perform particular functions for the PTs.

>the only thing that the Topsiders would want Mallard to do is to either cure all mutations or kill all mutations
I'm not sure I can agree with that. If they're willing to use mutants in MUTTs and PTs, they may be willing to keep him and then try and force him to design, say, some actual virus, a lethal one that only affects mutants. Or they might just want to interrogate him for knowledge - say, scientific, or the locations of the other settlements - wasn't he the one we saw in charge of the inter-settlement landlines?

Whatever the case, I do personally think the Topsiders being involved is one of the less-likely theories here. I got the distinct impression they were less concerned with the mutants after the satellite launch - possibly looking to move elsewhere to places revealed by the scans, seeking "uninfected" territory or almost literal greener pastures.
>>
>>11049767
>>11050053
>How many people in Endtown would actually know the smell of blood though. Maybe a mountain lion mutant walks by a covert butcher and begins to salivate and doesn't know why, but I doubt he'll contact the cops.
Well I don't know about you, but I've both cut myself before and visited butcher shops, so I think I could recognise it - apart from anything else, smell and taste are connected, so if you've bitten your lip and tasted blood, you'd have a pretty clear idea of the scent.

Turn it up to eleven with a dog or shark's nose, and I'm sure someone would wonder where the hell the butcher's shop scent was coming from, at least eventually - they might idly dismiss it once or twice out of habit before thinking "Wait, there shouldn't be any butchers in Endtown...", but I would wager they'd eventually cotton on. If it were more of an abattoir scent than a butcher shop scent, then I think they'd likely catch it first time they smelled it.
>>
>>11047935
Allie is the best. May she never be ruined by Aaron's current writing.
>>
>>11050081
>Turn it up to eleven with a dog or shark's nose, and I'm sure someone would wonder where the hell the butcher's shop scent was coming from, at least eventually - they might idly dismiss it once or twice out of habit before thinking "Wait, there shouldn't be any butchers in Endtown...",
Fair enough, but they do have access to many different professions, so instead of bleeding like a slaughter house they could be using an embalming pump to pump the blood out and, I don't know, BBQ sauce in.
(But honestly it will end of being something disappointing like some house covered in blood and screams coming from inside, and nobody called the cops until Walt somehow stumbles upon it.)
>>
>>11050329
Now I'm imagining a mad butcher/scientist transfusing a pig on a slab with a BBQ sauce IV while giggling madly, so thanks for that.

Apart from the fact that the anomalous smell of blood would just be replaced with an anomalous smell of BBQ sauce once they started eating or butchering, they'd still have to do something with the blood. They might be able to store it, though where in Endtown's government-managed space/material allocations they could find the room and re-purposed storage containers for what would probably be up to a hundred litres of blood by now is an open question, or they could dump it into the water... in which case you just come up against the sense of smell of every aquatic in the canals. I wonder how much of her time Audrey spends swimming?

>(But honestly it will end of being something disappointing like some house covered in blood and screams coming from inside, and nobody called the cops until Walt somehow stumbles upon it.)
Quite possibly. To be fair, I'm giving Aaron the benefit of the doubt here since he seems to intend this as a detective-show style mystery and assuming all these little things are clever read-between-the-lines clues and not just him not thinking things through. I'm treating it like a Phoenix Wright game, but for all I know Aaron isn't particularly focused on the integrity of the mystery plot and it's all just going to end up being more stuff that pops my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>11050632
>I wonder how much of her time Audrey spends swimming?
Now I wonder how she looks naked.
>>
File: 1469501664629.jpg (76KB, 640x605px) Image search: [Google]
1469501664629.jpg
76KB, 640x605px
>>
File: 1468551814427.jpg (204KB, 800x973px) Image search: [Google]
1468551814427.jpg
204KB, 800x973px
>>
>>11052883
just keep bumping a dead thread man
>>
>>11052890
It's not completely dead I think most people are just waiting for the next page to drop in order to discuss it. Before it was just useless bumping of waifu worship, this is better in my opinion.
>>
File: 1468556964347.jpg (223KB, 800x746px) Image search: [Google]
1468556964347.jpg
223KB, 800x746px
>>
File: 1475343849509.png (391KB, 1393x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475343849509.png
391KB, 1393x768px
>>
File: 1469533818033.jpg (197KB, 960x682px) Image search: [Google]
1469533818033.jpg
197KB, 960x682px
>>
File: end170816.gif (321KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170816.gif
321KB, 900x919px
I don't know, maybe it's my contrarian streak (and the fact that one of our suspects in the conspiracy is saying all this), but I don't necessarily take this as confirmation. Seems to me that all you need to do to make a pig skull look like the flesh has been carved off is take an existing pig skull and go through the motions with a knife...

Could also be a sacrificial pig, so to speak - one killed to throw the investigators off the scent on the rest.

He's right about ignorance, though, if it was truly an attempt to hide it. I doubt that an impeller would successfully turn a skull to the kind of powder you'd need to make it disappear as evidence, even if the current had managed to carry it through one. In fact, it'd probably just shatter it at the most and make one big bit of evidence into many tiny pieces of evidence, raising the probability that one would turn up in, say, someone's drinking water.

Head cheese is interesting. It's flakes of meat fixed in aspic/gelatin. There's a lot of cooking involved at a couple of stages, so there's still the issue of nobody smelling it.

If they don't dredge and find other skulls and attendant bones, now, something really is even screwier than pignappings/cannibalism, and we can suspect the people who should be thinking to dredge the canals.

If they do dredge, and find more bones, I'll be looking for dental record confirmation on this skull and any others...

If they dredge and *don't* find more than one skeleton, then I expect they'll assume the pigs are still being fattened and things will become a race against the clock to find them. If they dredge and don't find anything, then it's especially weird. Why just throw the skull?

Being heavy enough to sink and stay in one spot also suggests that it was thrown from right there on the dock (assuming it really was dumped and wasn't placed on the end of Walt's line by someone).

I suspect the next few comics are going to be Walt and Portia emoting to each other. Hoo-ray.
>>
>>11054534
Further thoughts:

If it's just been sitting there, with no flow involved, then we're not at the point of looking for the source of the water yet, unless it's revealed that something else was thrown into the water with the skull - something that *would* have been carried by the current.

Why take it through town to the docks to toss it? Especially if it turns out whoever did it was burdened by more bones? If you were thinking the current would take it away (and especially if you were in a hurry) why not just throw it in the nearest canal?

What became of any personal effects?

Doc's doing a lot of speculation on motive for someone called in to give the body a once over. Almost like he's planting ideas, again.
>>
https://discord.gg/RvBdsm
>>
>>11054534
There's no dentist in Endtown afaik.
I doubt there are dental records.

I don't think mutants need dentists, except maybe rodents that have nothing to gnaw or don't file their front teeth.
>>
>>11054534
>>11054706
*Further* further thoughts, because this whole thing insists on nagging at me:

Why not grind it up at home base and then dispose of it in the water? Why trust to luck or an assumption? You're probably already working with some heavy tools if you're butchering pigs - one would think a few minutes with a meat tenderiser would do it.

I'm leaning towards "plant" over "anonymous tip-off by one of Walt's friends". It seems to me that any tipping-off would be far better served by guiding Walt towards the scene of the dumping rather than disturbing said scene and taking the evidence to him. Assuming a tip-off, now it's just evidence that a crime has occurred; before it might have told a greater story by virtue of its location. You never disturb a crime scene...

>>11055003
That's an interesting point, which makes me wonder: Has Aaron remarked on the presence or nonpresence of bacteria? I've been assuming they didn't disappear like the animals, as people need symbiotic bacteria to live, more or less. If they're still around, then I'd have to assume tooth decay is still a thing. In which case, do mutants just suffer, is there a dentist, or does Doc just do his best? It's not like animals don't suffer tooth decay and/or wear over time.

Do you think there's no dentist because we haven't seen one yet, or do you have another reason?
>>
>>11054534
>Head cheese is interesting. It's flakes of meat fixed in aspic/gelatin. There's a lot of cooking involved at a couple of stages, so there's still the issue of nobody smelling it.
At this point I think Aaron's going with the cartoony version sense of smell and not with a more animal one.

>>11055049
>Why not grind it up at home base and then dispose of it in the water? Why trust to luck or an assumption? You're probably already working with some heavy tools if you're butchering pigs - one would think a few minutes with a meat tenderizer would do it.
It could be they were in a hurry and were hiding it from a loved one. Probably the one eating them isn't the one butchering them. There must be a whole black market for this.
>>
>>11055155
>At this point I think Aaron's going with the cartoony version sense of smell and not with a more animal one.
Possibly, though that would be a little disappointing; animal senses would just make the whole animal instincts thing more interesting, besides being an interesting aspect of the story in themselves.

Even so, human beings can still smell cooking. Heck, the cooling apple pie that leaves a scent trail all across town *is* a cartoon trope.

>It could be they were in a hurry and were hiding it from a loved one. Probably the one eating them isn't the one butchering them. There must be a whole black market for this.
But it'd be the butcher that had the skull, not the eater - a head cheese doesn't stay on the bone to be cut off as you eat like a ham, it's more of a loaf made of meat that's already been cut off the bone.
>>
>>11055049
>Do you think there's no dentist because we haven't seen one yet, or do you have another reason?

Mutant super healing.
Retro futuristic setting with flying cars and ray guns.
>>
>>11055230
>Mutant super healing.
Mutant super healing just heals faster, I think - it's not wolverine-style regeneration. If it was, Wally's eye wouldn't still be damaged.

There's the mutant body-reset thing, but that only happens the first time you mutate.

>Retro futuristic setting with flying cars and ray guns.
Which is, I must point out, now a post-apocalyptic scavenger world. I'm pretty sure Doc mentioned at one point that even simple things like painkillers are scarce - if they had some kind of technobabble tooth-repair stuff one would expect it to be just as scarce, if not scarcer due to being a speciality item and probably more complex to manufacture. Even if they did, then people would still have to go to Doc to get it, and their issues would be recorded, giving effective dental records.
>>
>>11055209
>But it'd be the butcher that had the skull, not the eater - a head cheese doesn't stay on the bone to be cut off as you eat like a ham, it's more of a loaf made of meat that's already been cut off the bone.
The butcher doesn't have to be the one making the headcheese. The cooker probably bought the head in the black market, where other parts were sold, took it home and carved and boiled it, then when done, took it to be disposed of by the canal either because he got spooked or was dumb enough not to thoroughly cover his tracks.
>>
>>11055347
(1/2)

That's a reasonable point, though in my experience every headcheese I've seen has come from a deli or butcher's shop. I've heard of people making them, but never encountered it personally. Then again, Endtown is an old-fashioned place. I will note that I'm pretty sure they need extra gelatin, though, so either the butcher is still rendering that down, or this person bought more than just a head.

There's also the issue of the moral boundary of buying someone's head and... uh... well, literally defacing it. I could see some carnivore desperate for meat buying a prepared head cheese, but buying an actual head? The only stable social group okay with that by default that I've ever seen were a tribe of Papua New Guinean cannibals, who were raised with it.

Mob violence groupthink is one thing, but having a corpse-head on the kitchen table, staring at you with the disturbingly human eyes that all mutants seem to have, might be another thing entirely. The butcher, if one exists, is almost certainly a psychopath; if people really are buying heads with no qualms, then this is a conspiracy of psychopaths.

I suppose it could be, too, that this person did the dirty deed while half-schisming with craving, then came to their senses afterwards, saw the skull and, unable to bear the hollow eye-sockety stare, simply had to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Still doesn't explain why they would have run to the dock, though, unless they live in the buildings right there (I hope Grout is going to look for witnesses, anyway. We've never been given any sense that he's really been investigating the pig disappearances at all beyond inspecting the scenes around the "suicide notes", have we?)
>>
>>11055490
(2/2)

A black market would have to be entirely separate from any other black market (say, for catnip or other treats) in Endtown, as well as much more secretive and restricted, due to leak potential. This is also more than a matter of a fine, labour, or having privileges revoked, this is exile-level stuff, so I would expect that any generic black marketeers with whom the pig-butcher attempted to coexist would be more likely to tip off the cops early on in order to avoid potentially going down as a silent accomplice. Not sure if that's significant or useful or anything, but it's an aspect of this that occurred to me. At the very least it seems to me that the butcher would have to be trading bodyparts for black market things, since beans would be just about worthless, which means that he's probably trading those black market items on the usual black market anyway. That's assuming this is all trades and not some kind of cult or something.

I'll also note that the last phone conversation alluded to the person responsible also being at least one of the ones eating the pigs, true or not.
>>
>>11055490
>>11055509
(3/2)

Thinking on it, though, giving incriminating items that produce unreliably-delible leavings, such as bones, to your co-conspirators and relying on them to safely dispose of them is entrusting them very foolishly with the evidence of your own crime.

Idiocy of the consumer aside, the butcher, too, would have to be ridiculously trusting, insanely stupid, or or massively overconfident.

I feel that this whole thing - butchering, cooking, eating - is likely confined to one spot for security's sake. Or at least that's how I'd expect it to be done if the conspirators were half-way competent, and they haven't been found out so far despite this apparently having gone on for a while.
>>
File: 1477157487790.jpg (292KB, 1145x1295px) Image search: [Google]
1477157487790.jpg
292KB, 1145x1295px
>>
File: 1483235067430.png (697KB, 1307x1745px) Image search: [Google]
1483235067430.png
697KB, 1307x1745px
>>
Go on
>>
File: 1486838483187.png (1MB, 1440x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1486838483187.png
1MB, 1440x1125px
>>11057382
I think that's the only one of that topsider.
>>
File: endtown-2011-06-10.gif (77KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2011-06-10.gif
77KB, 600x595px
>>11055490
>There's also the issue of the moral boundary of buying someone's head and... uh... well, literally defacing it.
We've seen people get pretty weird about this stuff. Cliff almost ate Holly, because to him Holly just became food, not a human. When the person bought the head they probably weren't thinking of a person, but a cartoon pigs head and their great grandmother's recipe for head cheese.

>At the very least it seems to me that the butcher would have to be trading bodyparts for black market things
He could be trading rationed things as well. How many gas tickets could a pork chop sell for. A vehicle voucher could probably buy you half a pig.
I'm really starting to lean towards this being the wolves doing, and they're not just red herrings. They seem low on the social ladder and won't have too much to loose when they do criminal activity and their pack mentality would keep outsiders from coming in and questioning their nefarious activities. Maybe the moral of the story is some people just suck.
>>
>>11057880
>We've seen people get pretty weird about this stuff. Cliff almost ate Holly, because to him Holly just became food, not a human. When the person bought the head they probably weren't thinking of a person, but a cartoon pigs head and their great grandmother's recipe for head cheese.
True, but until this, we've never actually even seen any evidence that, if push came to shove, one anthro would actually eat another (at least while still sapient), right? Cliff was definitely acting in a threatening manner with a stated intent, but who knows if he would have actually done it if he'd gotten his hands on her? He was distressed enough about it afterwards to try and drown himself, after all. Wally certainly identified with him, and *he* proved himself to be cat-man, not simply cat. It'll be interesting if this arc answers the question one way or the other.

As for the trading, that's possible, but it might also give rise to a phenomenon where someone is seen to suddenly lose a lot of their savings and appear to gain nothing for it, which is suspicious in itself. They could explain it away as gambling, which probably happens, but you'd think that'd just make any concerned friends watch them harder.

I'm not really on the "wolves are doing it" train myself, because we haven't seen any indication that they even know it's happening (in fact, they seem certain it wasn't them that put the blood on Portia's door), they seem to have only the most basic organisation at a mob level, and it does not seem like they'd have the mysterious ability to bypass the phone exchange.

I am, however, willing to allow for the possibility that the pig part of the conspiracy might be as simple as someone else being incentivised to bother pigs to aid the greater goal by being promised pork, disappointing as that would be. I just feel that there's something deeply fishy about the way it's been presented - I'll constantly be looking for indicators either way.
>>
>>11057880
>>11058065
>True, but until this, we've never actually even seen any evidence that, if push came to shove, one anthro would actually eat another (at least while still sapient), right?
After saying that, I did recall that the Lizards of Unity ate anthro fetuses, but as pointed out before, a fetus really isn't much to look at compared to, for instance, a developed baby. For one thing, fetal chickens are eaten in-the-egg in Asia...

As for the "cartoon pig's head" aspect... I don't think I could eat one of those, myself, frankly.
>>
>>11057880
>>11058065
>>11058112
Sorry to over extend this, but...

It also strikes me that what we've seen so far is Aaron continually dancing around the issue of whether one fully sapient anthro would eat another: He stopped short of making us totally certain Cliff would have eaten Holly, and he avoided going for it in Unity because he felt it made the lizards too beholden to their instincts, I seem to recall.

I almost get the feeling he's undecided on it himself, wavering back and forth - maybe this is the arc where he commits himself, maybe this is another "maybe". It would be funny, however, if we think we get an answer in that the pig thing turns out to be a massive fake-out... and then at the end Velda eats Jackrabbit in the ultimate irony of his philosophy (maybe she's got some kind of predator-supremacy thing quietly going on?)

Apart from that, I have to say, I still think that if there is a butcher, all processing, cooking and consumption will be taking place in one place that acts as an "evidence trap" if they have any sense at all. In a small, enclosed place like Endtown with no room to put much distance between yourself and a crime or evidence of it, you do not want to give control over anyone else to things that might incriminate you; you want to make certain they're dealt with in a manner that you can be confident is final, leaving no loose ends that might be unravelled and followed back to you. In that case I can only assume the skull is a result of someone taking something home they weren't supposed to, and then panicking, or a botched disposal of some kind.

I still think Walt finding the skull was too much of a coincidence, though, and that he was set up to find it by someone. Doc specifically says the skull was heavy enough to be on the bottom of the canal, and while Walt could have been dragging his hook, I'd think a line intended to be grabbed by a friendly anthro fish would probably be floated somewhat above the bottom for convenience.
>>
>>11058539
>It also strikes me that what we've seen so far is Aaron continually dancing around the issue of whether one fully sapient anthro would eat another:
I feel like this will be the arc that it happens it it will be this arc's horror element. I don't see how he couldn't with how the plot is going, unless he has some really bizarre twist that no one could see coming.
Side note: if we ever get to see another parallel universe jumping ship, I'm kinda hoping for an easter egg in reference to the the Daedalus from the SGA because they had a story very similar to that involving that ship. Does anyone know what scifi stories Aaron is a fan of?
>>
>>
File: 1492491386658.png (2MB, 2000x3400px) Image search: [Google]
1492491386658.png
2MB, 2000x3400px
>>
File: Bride of Frankenfurter.jpg (65KB, 640x573px) Image search: [Google]
Bride of Frankenfurter.jpg
65KB, 640x573px
>>11050632
>Now I'm imagining a mad butcher/scientist transfusing a pig on a slab with a BBQ sauce IV while giggling madly, so thanks for that.
>>
>>11059530
I know he likes Kurt Vonnegut.

>>11063099
Pen Anon, you're a treasure.
>>
File: 1467688263208.jpg (250KB, 800x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1467688263208.jpg
250KB, 800x1084px
>>
>>11042431
Meg's got to get those tips some how.

>>11063303
Thanks. Please don't bury me.
>>
File: Bonus Meg.jpg (121KB, 640x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Bonus Meg.jpg
121KB, 640x1174px
>>11065120
>>
>>11065120
>>11065877
Cute!
>>
File: CiSpPnoVEAA5rXV.jpg (68KB, 600x683px) Image search: [Google]
CiSpPnoVEAA5rXV.jpg
68KB, 600x683px
>>
>>11065120
Yes and some sugar with it.
>>
File: 1468628619924.png (400KB, 1200x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1468628619924.png
400KB, 1200x1180px
>>
File: 1468785274710.jpg (300KB, 1080x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468785274710.jpg
300KB, 1080x900px
>>
>>
>>11054534
In before she's worried that it's her brother, or even certain that it is somehow.
>>
File: 1461679572513.jpg (120KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1461679572513.jpg
120KB, 800x800px
>>
File: Nuking a hiveship.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nuking a hiveship.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>11059530
Wow I forgot about the Daedalus variations. I suppose if it spends eternity jumping from Universe to Universe every few minutes until it blows up or gets destroyed it would have to eventually pop into the endtown universe. I'll be it in the Pegasus Galaxy so I don't know how it would end up by Earth. I suppose you could hand wave it and say the endTown universe is shifted so many light years from our universe but that's a bit of a stretch and too coincidental that the planets would line up so well.
>>
>>
File: 1479091924109.jpg (178KB, 960x793px) Image search: [Google]
1479091924109.jpg
178KB, 960x793px
>>
File: 1467436826277.jpg (403KB, 805x2045px) Image search: [Google]
1467436826277.jpg
403KB, 805x2045px
>>
Given the fact that Endtown is a small, enclosed environment run by a government that controls rather more aspects of every day life than we are used to, as well as the fact that the pigs were leaving suicide notes but *no bodies*, I find it all very bizarre indeed that there hasn't been a search undertaken that turned the whole town upside down by now.
>>
>>11074104
I could be because they either believe that they were suicides and the few that don't are people like Heather or it could be poor reporting on the matter due to Dottie.

On another note and I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, But the guy who's been forging the suicide notes is probably the one giving Cooper his forged documents given his skill. I wonder if Cooper knows what's been going on?
>>
>>
>>11012889
I save dis uwu
>>
>>
File: 1315986253756.jpg (46KB, 291x291px) Image search: [Google]
1315986253756.jpg
46KB, 291x291px
>>11078855
>tfw there will never be a small fan animation of endtown like some have done with other comic strips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KckYcuiKAN8
life's suffering
>>
File: 1491165033678.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491165033678.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>11079348
>>
>>11079492
thanks anon, made my day.
>>
>>11012889
You mean hack writer town?

Nyuknyuk
>>
>>11074319
>I could be because they either believe that they were suicides
That's one of the things I have an issue with. A suicide with no body found, in a tiny area like Endtown with tightly controlled exits? You don't want a dead body lying around rotting and potentially spreading disease - you go find that thing for the sake of keeping Endtown's systems uncontaminated at the very least. Plus without a body you don't actually know that they've carried out their suicide plans yet - you'd think they'd organise a search just in case there was a chance of preventing them from killing themselves.

Multiple bodies just makes it an even greater priority.

>the few that don't are people like Heather
Heather did believe it was a suicide, though? I think someone even tried to question it and she was certain her friend had killed himself.

>poor reporting on the matter due to Dottie.
I'm talking about an official response, though I don't think any lack of awareness about the missing pigs can really be put down to Dottie considering if she didn't report on it Philo would have just given it to someone else or written up on it himself since he's in charge and he obviously thought it was important, and there are missing posters all over Endtown.

>the guy who's been forging the suicide notes is probably the one giving Cooper his forged documents given his skill. I wonder if Cooper knows what's been going on?
That's a very good point, and something that potentially directly ties the "food shortage fakery" and "pignapping" parts of this conspiracy together. I don't think Cooper does know about anything above the "We're passing important info to Foxworthy" concept - I'm not even sure he know's it's fake. I certainly doubt he knows about the pig harassment and kidnapping - he doesn't seem to be the sort who'd be into that at all, not even for his own version of "the Greater Good".
>>
File: 1475002529200.jpg (543KB, 1200x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1475002529200.jpg
543KB, 1200x1212px
>>
File: jim-worry.png (57KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
jim-worry.png
57KB, 206x244px
>>11079651
With Aaron Marx's increasing importance, Holly's character assasination, the recent forced romances and the general idiocy of the current chapter- it's not really a baseless insult. There was probably some decisive factor keeping Endtown from becoming like it is now that definitely lost influence somewhere between the last chapter and this one.

Also
>Maude can't have boobs because cows don't work that way
>Lizards with tits is completely fine

And let's not forget Aaron's biggest failure: making Jim unsympathetic.
>>
>>11081981
>making Jim unsympathetic
I think that's more a case of "Asserting that Jim was supposed to be unsympathetic". Plenty of people seem to have found him sympathetic anyway.
>>
>>11082018
That's what I meant. I should have said "trying to make Jim unsympathetic".
>>
File: maude_by_aaronneathery-d5w3ofv.jpg (194KB, 590x720px) Image search: [Google]
maude_by_aaronneathery-d5w3ofv.jpg
194KB, 590x720px
>>11081981
>Maude can't have boobs because cows don't work that way

Wrong, Maude has breasts + Udders.
>>
>>11082690
No, only udders. This is not a "maybe he meant..", Aaron has gone out of his way to say so.
>>
File: 1481671470041.png (452KB, 900x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1481671470041.png
452KB, 900x1440px
>>
>>11083910
She was a topsider?
>>
>>11083019

He said, udders, not "only udders"
>>
>>11084764
No, I'm pretty sure he has insisted she doesn't have breasts many times.
>>
>>11084784

It was just one email in which one anon asked, there's probably a screencap laying around somewhere.
>>
>>11084811
There were three or four, the last one sounded like he was sick of people asking.
>>
>>11084844

I would love to see them, I have only seen one where he specifies she actually had udders under her robes, that's it. You can clearly see she has breasts on that pic, so I assume she has breasts and udders.
>>
>>11084890
>I assume she has breasts and udders
Everyone does, which makes Aaron's insistence even more confusing.
>>
>>11084937
>Aaron's insistence

I have to admit I seriously haven't seen him bring this up more than just once, I would have to check on all the monthly emails I have archived but it seriously doesn't sound like something he would just bring up.
>>
>>11084937

this is all I got.

"6. I think you have answered this before but I'm not sure if I remember correctly; does Maude have udders?

Yes, she does, which explains some of her mixed emotions about her relationship with her husband."
>>
>>11081981
>>11082690
>>11083019
>>11084764
>>11084784
>>11084811
>>11084844
>>11084890
>>11084937
>>11084965
I think the last time we discussed this the options came out as "Cowlike udders on her stomach + flabby pectorals" vs "She has both" vs "She's fat and her breasts have multiple nipples each"

And there was still no consensus.

Option B seems the most likely to me, going from how she's drawn.
>>
>>11084998
>And there was still no consensus.
>Option B seems the most likely to me, going from how she's drawn.

Pretty much, Aaron never really specified this exactly. I could ask, I don't mind.
>>
>>11085032
Do it.
>>
>>11084998
>Cowlike udders on her stomach + flabby pectorals
I'm sure that's the one Aaron is going for though I'd rather have her with normal breasts and no udders.
>>
>>
No strip yet. Highly variable lately, isn't it?
>>
>>11085057

we'll see what he says.
>>
File: 1474939368896.jpg (55KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
1474939368896.jpg
55KB, 640x391px
>>
File: end170818.gif (286KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170818.gif
286KB, 900x919px
New strip is up.
>>
>>11088895
How melodramatic.
>>
File: The creation of Man Bear Pig.jpg (43KB, 433x434px) Image search: [Google]
The creation of Man Bear Pig.jpg
43KB, 433x434px
>>11088895
I wonder if this will lead to another make out scene or are these two finally going to take some action?

>>11070423
Right on the money.
>>
>>11088895

>>>/co/94733570
>>
>>11088895
Bingo (>>11070423).

>>11088904
Yup. She just... irrationally thinks it's her brother.

I thought we'd at least get a cliff-hanger-ish "I recognised his gold tooth!" or something, so that we ended the week on a metaphorical "DUM DUM DUMMMM!", but nope, it's just yet another 50s-movie-style "Boy, women sure are hysterical creatures, ain't they?" scene.

At least the way it's set up feels kind of like irising-out... makes it feel to me like we might be going straight to something else on Monday.
>>
>>11088895
How many times has Aaron done that woman-running-distraught-off-panel-at-an-angle-with-her-hands-to-her-cheeks thing? I swear I've seen it more than twice.
>>
File: endtown-2014-10-27.gif (279KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2014-10-27.gif
279KB, 900x900px
>>11089179
Unless I forgot something, it wasn't a woman last time.
>>
>>11089269
Nice find! It's the exact same positions, perspective, angle and everything... I could have sworn Heather did it too at one point, though...

Maybe we can find enough of these to make a back-of-Wally's-head-esque gif?
>>
File: 1491509074469.jpg (107KB, 800x658px) Image search: [Google]
1491509074469.jpg
107KB, 800x658px
>>11088895
This and the phone call are probably going to prod Walt into actually doing something.

It would be real strange to see Walt as the lead investigator, he's way more of a Watson. I would have expected him to go to Dottie for help, but it looks like Aaron's side-tracked her with her racial advocate thing. Maybe as an intentional way of cutting that plotline off?

Maybe a new character? Would there even be any actual detectives in Endtown?
>>
File: end170227.gif (310KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
end170227.gif
310KB, 900x919px
>>11089269
>>11089289
Not the exact same thing, but it's not far off, either.
>>
>>11088895
She's directly assuming it's the wolves here. Is this is the first time she's linked the whole phonecall thing to them? First time anyone in the comic has?
>>
>>11089725
Smells like a bit of a narrative misdirection, considering the way the wolves didn't seem to have been responsible for the blood thing.

Story-wise I think one level of the conspiracy has the wolves being prodded to behave just badly enough that people in court will believe they could harass someone to death and then eat them. They're being set up, and jumping gleefully right into the trap. It's a frame-up.

I'm going to guess that Dottie's new thing is probably going to see her grudgingly on the same "side" as Denise, and opposed to Walt, Portia and Heather, possibly even in court. Each side will see themselves as victims of the other with varying levels of justification, while not realising the greatest crime is being committed by a third party engaged in manipulating both sides, with the (apparent) intent of dividing Endtown down the middle.
>>
>>11089069
>irrationally thinks it's her brother.

Does she? I think she's just assuming the wolves ate her brother just like they ate that one they just found, not that one is specifically her brother. It's not irrational and actually pretty easy to come to that conclusion, given how many pigs have gone missing.
>>
>>11090070
Walt interpreted it as "That's my brother" and she didn't exactly correct his assumption. I'll give you that she's totally distraught right now, though.

It'd still be an assumption on her part anyway - even if he's on the menu, there's still hope while she doesn't have his dead body right in front of her.
>>
File: that settles it.png (3KB, 597x34px) Image search: [Google]
that settles it.png
3KB, 597x34px
>>11090098
>Walt interpreted it as "That's my brother"

Looks to me he's just trying to give her hope and calm her down, she's hysterical.

On another note...

>>11084998
>>11085057

>Pic related

there.
>>
>>11090151
Well he directly says "We don't know that that's your brother". So as far as he's concerned she thinks that skull is her brother. And she doesn't correct him, she just goes on her own tangent directly after. I don't know, I'd think that if she wasn't already thinking that was her brother, the accidental suggestion from Walt that it might be would push her down the path of thinking about that and blow her mind even more. Might have been an interesting little curveball if Walt had put his foot in it like that, come to think of it.

And yeah, I guess that settles that, then.
>>
>>11084784
Yet he has drawn her with breasts.>>11082690
>>
>>11090211
>And she doesn't correct him

She's still shocked from that horrible realization that they are in fact being eaten, she knew her brother was dead but didn't know how gruesomely he might have gone. She didn't correct him because she knows that her brother's dead, upset because they are literally being eaten alive just for being pigs.
>>
>>11090304
That's certainly one interpretation.

I'm reading it as a subtle narrative indicator that we're supposed to understand that she does think it's her brother.

If she corrects Walt in a future comic, I'll see things your way.
>>
>>11090320

Fair enough, she could also claim outright that he is her brother if Walt keeps pushing in the next strip, if you are right. We'll see what happens.
>>
>>11090304
>>11090320
>>11090354
Agreed. I must also point out that she doesn't actually know her brother's dead yet. She just thinks he is, and that in itself is a reasonable worry, though not necessarily a reasonable certainty.

I want to say one thing here: I think Portia is pretty irrational in general. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of her only character traits.

Remember that this is the lady who was starving herself to death so that she wouldn't die, and whose spiel to Walt a few months back was universally agreed to make no sense.

Anyway, I suspect that if they are all for the table then there's probably something before they're killed that might give some chance for reprieve for the sake of narrative, such as all being fattened to a particular standard body-weight. I guess it all depends on if this arc goes for the race-against-time trope or not, which itself might depend on whether it focuses on being a detective story or a court battle, or some mixture of both.

>>11089852
Thought: I wonder if this will end up exploring the personality-influences-mutation/mutation-influences-personality thing. "You're a bad person so you turned into a wolf" vs "You're a bad person because you turned into a wolf".
>>
File: 1454346825942.jpg (557KB, 1045x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1454346825942.jpg
557KB, 1045x1500px
>>
File: endtown-2015-09-18.gif (263KB, 900x920px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2015-09-18.gif
263KB, 900x920px
>>11089505
>>
>>11091497
Nice. That's four.
>>
File: endtown-2016-04-18.gif (268KB, 900x919px) Image search: [Google]
endtown-2016-04-18.gif
268KB, 900x919px
>>11091590
Kinda works
>>
>>11091621
Works for me, the only thing that makes it particularly different is the massive contrast in height.

Five.
>>
File: 1462992737969.jpg (122KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462992737969.jpg
122KB, 960x720px
>>
>>11092153
Is that a preview of Maude's father?
>>
>>11092261
Yes
>>
>>11092504
Looks like a charming old chap. I suspect we'll be meeting him soon...
>>
>>11092596
I suspect you're right
>>
File: moonlight.jpg (427KB, 907x648px) Image search: [Google]
moonlight.jpg
427KB, 907x648px
>>
File: 1468038718948.jpg (374KB, 900x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1468038718948.jpg
374KB, 900x1272px
>>
>>11096135
Hey, I hadn't seen this one before. All the art from this era was so nice and so sweet, quality- and subject-wise.
>>
File: 1503079957483.jpg (51KB, 480x328px) Image search: [Google]
1503079957483.jpg
51KB, 480x328px
>>>/co/94737886
Does anyobody have the full image?
>>
File: Fishing in the Ganges.jpg (123KB, 800x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Fishing in the Ganges.jpg
123KB, 800x1204px
>>11019944
Talk about a late joke but just thought of this today.
>>
>>11099184
I was about to comment on the /co/ thread but this one lasts longer so I'll do it here: Nice.
>>
>>11099184
I guess it counts as a bonefish?

In other news, I got to thinking... honestly, you'd think one of Endtown's aquatic citizens would have spotted and reported a stationary skull right near the docks. I don't think it was down there very long. At all.
>>
>>11099224
Thanks. I rushed it, especially the inking on Portia. She almost looks like a sheep in the third panel.

>>11099234
Maybe they don't have phones and the docks are relatively unoccupied so they never had the opportunity to tell anyone, or the fish out of fear of repercussion attached the skull to tell Walt, or the skull was swept along the bottom by the current like a river rock. I don't think Aaron forgot about Syd and Oscar because he does say he has friends down there.
>>
>>11099441
>Maybe they don't have phones and the docks are relatively unoccupied so they never had the opportunity to tell anyone
Right, but only the fish, it would seem, are limited to the water. Oscar can get out, and there might be "aquatic" Endtowners that actually spend enough time out of the water to regularly wear clothes, like Audrey.

>the fish out of fear of repercussion attached the skull to tell Walt
Somehow that seems unlikely. I mean, for the watery Endtowners the canals are their street, and if you found a skeleton in the street you'd contact the authorities, right? The only way I could see them fearing repercussion was if they'd seen one of the authorities drop the skull in there, and thus Walt was the only one to turn to... in which case that's critical information, so I'd expect more than just passing him the skull, I'd expect a verbal tip-off, too, maybe a mysterious voice under the dock...

>or the skull was swept along the bottom by the current like a river rock.
Doc specifically ruled that out, but he then again, he's a suspect.

>I don't think Aaron forgot about Syd and Oscar because he does say he has friends down there.
Yes, that's one of the reasons I think it's another significant detail.
>>
>>11098862
I do.
>>
>>11099598
Will you post it?
>>
>>11099184
>that filename
You know, without your humorous take on things, PA, I think the Endtown threads in general would feel a lot darker.
>>
>>11100490
I'm glad my joke about the Ganges filled with corpses and skeletal remains brightened your day. But really, I'm glad you enjoy my stuff.
>>
>>11100916
What can I say? You have a gift for taking "black" and turning it into "black comedy".

Not to mention you're not half bad at "cute", either.
>>
File: Jim check those digits .png (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jim check those digits .png
86KB, 500x500px
>>11100999
It keeps me drawing [spoilers?] which helps me out so much because not drawing makes my stuff look like shit. I'll keep trying to improve. [/there ain't no spoilers here]
>>
>>11101379
Well I can see a definite improvement between your early stuff and your recent stuff, so I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what comes next for you.
>>
File: 1492054101346.png (694KB, 1196x891px) Image search: [Google]
1492054101346.png
694KB, 1196x891px
>>
File: 1468787096263.jpg (119KB, 640x752px) Image search: [Google]
1468787096263.jpg
119KB, 640x752px
>>
File: 1477158453345.jpg (234KB, 902x1266px) Image search: [Google]
1477158453345.jpg
234KB, 902x1266px
>>
>>
Aww.. who let the /co/ thread die?
>>
File: Endtown Anglerfish.jpg (303KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
Endtown Anglerfish.jpg
303KB, 1350x900px
Anyone got the rest of that DK stuff from a while back? It seems to be missing from my collection... think I might have accidentally deleted it when I was cleaning duplicates.
>>
File: 1477546424246.jpg (178KB, 1393x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1477546424246.jpg
178KB, 1393x1116px
>>11106408
>>
File: 1474937493642.jpg (266KB, 1413x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474937493642.jpg
266KB, 1413x900px
>>11106792
>>
File: 1486790923619.jpg (136KB, 1083x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486790923619.jpg
136KB, 1083x900px
>>11106808
>>
File: 1486794270674.jpg (225KB, 900x2309px) Image search: [Google]
1486794270674.jpg
225KB, 900x2309px
>>11106844
>>
File: 1486792651391.jpg (145KB, 999x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486792651391.jpg
145KB, 999x900px
>>11106854
>>
>>11106792
Too bad Aaron doesn't put effort in his own site. He could be hosting "alternate reality" fancomics where people could see the characters having fun.

Though I mostly want to see Allie and Linda shenanigans, to be honest.
>>
>>11106949
Going back to a less-generic site (with a fanart section) could be a nice thing for the comic. He'd lose the GoComics audience (except for transfers) but he might gain from the "Would never touch GoComics" audience. I mean, I'd never have gone looking for things to read on GoComics, personally. I found out about the comic via the fanart on e621. Endtown is still the only GoComics comic I bother with (current issues aside).

Funny thing, he could probably go back to running the old site again in parallel if hosting was previously a problem, now that he has the Patreon and its money. I think I heard something about all new comics being exclusive to GoComics by contract, though... can anyone confirm or deny?
>>
>>11106792
>>11106808
>>11106844
>>11106854
>>11106866
Thanks!
>>
>>11105881
It sucks. Someone said they would post new art if the thread survived the night.
>>
>>11107273
Maybe they'll find their way here? Less likely to get deleted here, anyway.
>>
>>11106949
>Alternate reality

I know, right? Especially given that's easily canonized. It's almost like Aaron's not fully aware of the goldmine he potentially has on his hands.
>>
>>11106949
>>11107754
>"alternate reality" fancomics
Just makes me wonder what the hell happened to Crit Anon. I'm still holding out for an ending...
>>
>>11108072
That sounded angry and I didn't mean it to.

I'm worried more than anything.
>>
>>11107754
The only thing canon across all the realities is Allie can't be happy.
>>
Assume for a moment they really are slaughtering the pigs and this isn't a massive fakeout... meat destined for the table has to be hung somewhere to drain before it's ready for the rest of the processing... then after that you hang it up again for a month to age it and get the best taste.

With multiple pigs, that's going to need somewhere that can be entirely closed off so nobody can see the contents (smell aside), yet has quite a lot of free space. Have we seen anywhere like that in Endtown, in this arc or any other? It has to be temperature controllable, too, because hanging only works at just above freezing. You can get the same ageing effect without hanging, but I'm pretty sure the process is higher-tech and probably wouldn't be available to people in Endtown. You can also forego the ageing, but if you're already making stuff like head cheese you might as well go the whole hog, so to speak.
>>
>>11109175
I think Endtown is part of a large limestone cave system so there could be various tunnels and chambers that could be perfect for that while the temperature itself underground is roughly 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit.
>>
File: 1475130657846.png (313KB, 561x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475130657846.png
313KB, 561x540px
>>
>>11112752
I've never seen this one before.
>>
>>11092261
what?
>>
File: 1449357973144.jpg (171KB, 800x916px) Image search: [Google]
1449357973144.jpg
171KB, 800x916px
>>
>>11107189
>I found out about the comic via the fanart on e621
Sometimes, I forget where I am.
>>
>>11110524
That is possible, but the only cave we've seen that I can recall is the Oracle's cave. Are there any long shots with more cave entrances visible in the walls?

>50-60 degrees Fahrenheit.
You'd still need refrigerating equipment; the meat's going to rot at that temperature. That's another issue, here, come to think of it - like an indoor pot-growing operation, any attempt to keep large amounts of meat from going rancid is probably going to create a traceable power drain.
>>
I still think Doc's at the core of this.

>Putting ideas into Walt's head at every opportunity
>Only person in town who can monitor the health and weight status of all the pigs
>Only person in town we know of apart from Mallard that you'd expect would know how to whip up a reasonably safe faux chloroform
>Only person in town everyone would allow into their homes with no sign of a struggle
>Only person in town who we know could have gotten their hands on pig blood on the same day it appeared on Portia's door
>Easy access to dead bodies from the morgue for other props like the skull
>Seems to be intent on generating a specific narrative every time he turns up
>The one person we know of with space and ability to keep a bunch of people quietly sedated

What if the pigs themselves are in beds somewhere, hooked up to IV drips and sleeping? They might even be in a closed off ward inside Endtown General.

Hypothesis: This part of the conspiracy runs thus:
>Wrangle Walt into publicly playing the hero
>Lead him along with "clues"
>Frame Jackrabbit
>Walt "discovers" it and rescues the "remaining" pigs
>People clamour for Walt to be the leader of Endtown

Crazier hypothesis: Portia is in on it. She's the perfect bait for a big sympathetic guy:
>Knew Walt was crushing on her
>Entrapped wolf patsies into chasing her, lead them directly to him
>Enticed him into a relationship

Remember how she managed to hold down a huge load of food after supposedly starving herself?

It'd also explain her seeming stupidity, flat character and melodramatic nature: she's dropping prepared lines and has a tendency to overact.

The only thing I can't entirely square with this is Portia's in-private reaction to that phone call, unless it was specifically intended to mislead, it was actually Doc on the phone, and that was her last resistance to leading Walt astray. The moment at the mirror might have been her privately expressing reluctance to go through with it all, rather than any body issues.
>>
>>11118649
Okay, modification: I realised Doc being the last thing the pigs see conflicts with the "frame Jackrabbit" part, barring amnesia, so it would perhaps have to be someone else getting in there to chloroform them and take them away. Since some of us suspect the rats are involved with the phone call part of the conspiracy, and chloroform (assuming movie rules) would make it easier for tiny people to subdue a larger one, it could be them playing a part here, too. They're probably small enough to get in and out of places more easily than anyone else.

Additional crazy hypothesis: Dottie has deliberately been set up at a meta-conspiracy level to keep her occupied and mostly away from the whole thing, hyper-focused on one part of it and unable to see the bigger picture, because she'd figure it all out like she figured out the Milk Trial.
>>
File: 1464761292513.jpg (393KB, 700x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1464761292513.jpg
393KB, 700x1001px
>>
File: 1441070782956.jpg (353KB, 1029x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1441070782956.jpg
353KB, 1029x1216px
>>
File: young_Kirbee.jpg (291KB, 1060x900px) Image search: [Google]
young_Kirbee.jpg
291KB, 1060x900px
>>
>>11118649
>>11119110
>Dottie figures it out in the end, forces confession from Doc, tells Walt.
>Walt knows revelation would collapse Endtown entirely, keeps secret, rules with massive guilt.
>>
>>11118649
>Remember how she managed to hold down a huge load of food after supposedly starving herself?
I'd say that has to do more with Aaron not being well informed about many things outside his particular interests.

However, he does have a feeding fetish so he might actually know.
>>
>>11122187
Maybe. Or she keeps it to herself because she knows that telling such a thing to Walt would kill his self-confidence. It might even be explicitly pointed out to her.

>>11122722
Yeah, that's one of the things I kind of would expect him to know.
>>
File: 1463768322689.jpg (305KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1463768322689.jpg
305KB, 720x1280px
>>
>>
File: 1475725480082.jpg (183KB, 900x939px) Image search: [Google]
1475725480082.jpg
183KB, 900x939px
>>
File: 1497711084907.jpg (63KB, 606x466px) Image search: [Google]
1497711084907.jpg
63KB, 606x466px
>>
>>
>>11125120
>one down, two to go...
>>
File: 1468185738852.jpg (152KB, 504x432px) Image search: [Google]
1468185738852.jpg
152KB, 504x432px
>>
File: 1475348256817.png (374KB, 900x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1475348256817.png
374KB, 900x1440px
>>
File: 1499304305358.png (392KB, 882x888px) Image search: [Google]
1499304305358.png
392KB, 882x888px
ITT: characters that we probably will never see again.
>>
dead
>>
tred
>>
File: 1495828269108.png (224KB, 974x634px) Image search: [Google]
1495828269108.png
224KB, 974x634px
>>
File: 1485782647035.png (201KB, 1043x892px) Image search: [Google]
1485782647035.png
201KB, 1043x892px
>>
File: 1475277201668.png (405KB, 990x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1475277201668.png
405KB, 990x1530px
>>
File: 1454415426627.png (469KB, 1280x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1454415426627.png
469KB, 1280x1217px
>>
File: 1477533432532.jpg (56KB, 640x676px) Image search: [Google]
1477533432532.jpg
56KB, 640x676px
>>
File: 1468111647984.png (128KB, 625x608px) Image search: [Google]
1468111647984.png
128KB, 625x608px
>>
>>
File: 1487554034915.png (215KB, 902x915px) Image search: [Google]
1487554034915.png
215KB, 902x915px
>>
File: tumblr_ogi4cwgKWQ1tuyh4fo1_1280.png (326KB, 900x1189px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogi4cwgKWQ1tuyh4fo1_1280.png
326KB, 900x1189px
>>
File: 1489496503415.png (158KB, 590x554px) Image search: [Google]
1489496503415.png
158KB, 590x554px
>>
File: 1451069655075.jpg (267KB, 761x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1451069655075.jpg
267KB, 761x1040px
>>11127076
We'll never see Linda and Angus hook up.
>>
OP here.

I'll do the same thing as last time and put a new thread up in time for the Monday strip. Hope to see you all then.
>>
File: 0_428.png (280KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0_428.png
280KB, 1000x1000px
>>11127831

Linda and Jim would have worked better
>>
>>11127919
and Kazen here; will run the Shining Sky update in the new thread, as well. I've been picking up commissions this last week, so new content's a little lacking for my liking right now, anyway.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 145

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.