[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tfg/ - Transformers General: the figure that makes you discover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 99

File: blurr1b.jpg (105KB, 450x430px) Image search: [Google]
blurr1b.jpg
105KB, 450x430px
While we wait for POTP, post your very first Transformers toy. And if you like to answer, what had introduced you to the franchise?

Old Bread: >>6508821
3rd Bread: >>6505508
>>
File: Sideburn.jpg (76KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
Sideburn.jpg
76KB, 500x571px
This magnificent motherfucker. God I loved that line, I need to replace my childhood versions though as they're all falling apart.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 203x249px
I can't remember my first, but this is pretty close. Either Claw Jaw or Polar Claw.
>>
File: BW_Retrax_Toy.jpg (512KB, 1500x431px) Image search: [Google]
BW_Retrax_Toy.jpg
512KB, 1500x431px
>>6511220
This fucker right here.

Every now and again, I'd use see his ugly, legless mug at a thrift store and think that it was probably mine.
>>
Transformers devestation got me into TFs. In the span of about 6 months I went from looking at the leaflet advertising CW Devy in my PS4 copy's case and going "wow they still make transformers" to having more transformable plastic than money.
>>
My very first tf is Fangry.

The toy that got me back into tf collecting is Classics Bumblebee
>>
File: IMG_1801.jpg (27KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1801.jpg
27KB, 300x191px
I remember picking this guy up as a kid at a Kay-Bee Toys while visiting some relatives. Not sure where it is now, but it's the reason why I started collecting TFs.
>>
File: TF G1 Optimus Prime.jpg (69KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
TF G1 Optimus Prime.jpg
69KB, 700x526px
My very first Tf was Optimus Prime back in 1985 or 1986. We were poor as fuck so it's a small miracle that I ever got him.

Of course he didn't survived my childhood and I had to buy a reissue some years ago.

Only other TFs I ever had as a child in the 1980's was Defensor (eventually completely destroyed) and Apeface that I stupidly sold a few years ago. I had to buy both of them back and paid nearly 200$CAN for EACH.
>>
File: IMG_3827.jpg (638KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3827.jpg
638KB, 1600x1200px
>>6511323

By the way, I started collecting only at the end of the ROTF line. So it's thanks to Michael Bay that I'm now full force into Transformers and I'm discovering everything that I missed in 25-ish years.
>>
Got Optimus and Jetfire from the new Generations line at the store I work at. Optimus is janky as fuck but Jetfire looks pretty cool, kind of a fan of the look despite being a huge CHUG nerd.

Optimus' design really reminds me of Animated for some reason.
>>
I really hate the fact that we're getting yet another version of the dinobots and they're still not giving them feathers which is what real dinosaurs had.
>>
>>6511359
Fuck off you feathered cuck
>>
>>6511359
I agree, fuck off you feathered cuck.
>>
File: Devastation.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Devastation.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>6511220
I'm literally these two combined:
>>6511323
>>6511266

Got my first TF's as a kid in the 80's, got back in after playing Devastation and going "Wow, they still make these".

On that note, fucking play Devastation. One of the best action games in YEARS. Only reason it didn't get the attention it deserved was because it was a TF game.
>>
File: Gears.jpg (81KB, 416x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gears.jpg
81KB, 416x500px
>>6511220

I am pretty sure it was this guy. Either him or Beachcomber.
>>
>>6511359

Firstly, we're not at all sure ALL dinosaurs had feathers. It is very unlikely the larger species - and all five original Dinobots are large - had anything like a bird-like, full-body integument.

Secondly, the Dinobots also don't have scaly skin. They look like robot dinosaurs. Not Beast Wars-style perfect imitations.
>>
>>6511359
The original Dinobot didn't have scales when we thought they were just big lizards
>>
>>6511220

This glorious mofo. Sadly, this guy was donated to local kindergarten ages ago so I don't have him now.

Grimlock still remains my fav transformer to this time.
>>
>>6511227
First toy I bought when I got back into collecting.
>>
>>6511220
>your very first Transformers toy.
G1 Smokescreen, sadly lost into time.

>what had introduced you to the franchise?
The first shows I saw were Masterforce and Victory, but those characters didn't had toys in Mexico back then, I only had 3 TFs on my childhood (Smokescreen, Grimlock and Metroplex) so I really wasn't a fan until the Bayverse, I started collecting in the golden era of ROTF-HFTD.
>>
>>6511471
Wrong pic.
>>
The first TF that I remember is G1 Inferno. My dad used to collect Transformers, and I know there were others, but I just remember getting Inferno for xmas.
>>
File: tote.jpg (3KB, 100x128px) Image search: [Google]
tote.jpg
3KB, 100x128px
>>6511220
Hard to say, since my first transformers came in a large box from an older cousin in the very early 90s, but the first TF I received in-box was probably G2 Prime or Megatron, got both but don't recall who was first.
Pic related, from my early childhood hand-me-down box, Tote was perfect size to fit in my pocket during outings when I needed something to occupy myself.
>>
File: few94.jpg (125KB, 690x647px) Image search: [Google]
few94.jpg
125KB, 690x647px
So this looks pretty decent for a cyberverse whatever, so that should mean the upcoming voyager should be alright as well, no? No?
>>
File: transformers-g1-0323_1191471846.jpg (110KB, 652x1185px) Image search: [Google]
transformers-g1-0323_1191471846.jpg
110KB, 652x1185px
I'm pretty sure it was this guy. My memory is a bit hazy. It was either him or Swoop and Sludge.
>>
>>6511323
My history of getting into transformers is kind of weird.
What introduced me to Transformers was Brave; the first transformer I vaguely remember getting was G2 Speedstream, CHUG when, though the first G1/G2 transformer I actually remember for a fact buying was G2 Swindle, which I still have complete but I bought it years after I got into Beast Wars.
I got the first deluxe Cheetor when Beast Wars started, which was the first time I was making the effort to follow the fiction.
What got me back into collecting was ROTF Ironhide.

I kind of never left, only had a long hiatus due to the Unicron Trilogy not working for me. Not even Cybertron, limbs in robot mode for everything under voyager-size were trash.

As a sidenote, I still baffles me that 7 year old me could figure out the proper way to transform Cheetor's chest without the instructions and fucking adults with the instructions can't.
>>
>>6511488
I hope this thing is legends scale. It won't look any good at deluxe or bigger. Still considering how most of the RiD15, Deluxe/warrior is most likely.
>>
>>6511499

It will be deluxe for sure. The pegs holes in the hands and those steps are a giveaway.
>>
>>6511488
It doesn't look like the same Cyberverse legion size class. I wonder if it's actually some larger-but-simpler price point.
>>
>>6511500
Oh god this line is gonna be horrible.
>>
>>6511449
>Sadly, this guy was donated to local kindergarten ages ago so I don't have him now.
That's okay. He probably shattered the first time a kindergartner picked him up anyway.
>>
>>6511493
Shit. It wasn't meant for anybody, I just picked on the habit of picking up reply windows out of random posts.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 859x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 859x1024px
>>6511488
>>6511500
>Skullsmasher style legs with no ankles
>Weirdwolf's big shoulders with limited outward movement
>Knee prongs could have folded into the legs, but don't
>Rex head has no articulation
>Ugly head
>Weird proportions overall
>No weapon

Unless this is the most unflattering render ever, I can't imagine this line being good.
>>
>>6511509
>>6511545
Yeah, pretty sure its an oversized legends like the Prime Terrorcons, its fine for kids coming from rescuebots.
>>
>>6511266
>>6511422

Tripled, I am currently killing this game, just cleared Prime difficulty this morning actually.

Now just got to get all those (SS rank on Commander) scores, then will have all trophies

It's pretty impossible for this game to be so fun
Sometimes when I'm in the city for the billionth time it's like ugh, but when the get is good it's hella sweet (stage 6 one of my faves, lift battle pre-takeoff and mid-flight is amazing)
>>
>>6511359
Only theropods were thought to have had them. So this wouldn't even apply to 4/5 of the team.
>>
>>6511555
>It's pretty impossible for this game to be so fun

Platinum is a master of their craft when they want to be. They took NiER's clunky ass gameplay and made it playable with Automata, they made Bayonetta, Vanquish, MGR, etc. Yeah they occasionally shit out garbage like Korra or the TMNT game, but for the most part, they're good at what they do.

That said it's probably so replayable because it combines DMC style scoring with fast as fuck gameplay (especially on higher difficulties, Magnus is top tier), tons of weapons with tons of customization, and fairly generic move sets that make any character good and easy to pick up and go with. It also looks fucking amazing, easily some of the best cel shaded graphics around even today. Only better is
>>
>>6511570

Shit, hit post too fast. Only better is Guilty Gear.
>>
Amazon's got Blitzwing and Octane in stock for MSRP, grab'em if you want'em. Just got each myself.
>>
File: 1379451481491.jpg (27KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1379451481491.jpg
27KB, 407x286px
>>6511578
>stickered up Hasbro shit

No thanks.
>>
>>6511488
The Warrior and Legion scales are being retired. This scale will be about the size of the Warriors, but more basic transformations, like the Legends. The idea is to make a decent sized toy at a cheaper price point. These will probably be around $10.

These are aimed at kids, so larger toys with basic transformations at a cheaper price are a big factor for Hasbro.

The more detailed toys will be part of Generations and Masterpiece.
>>
Takarafags BTFO
>>
>>6511488
Looks great for a Legends figure, so it will probably be a shitty oversized Deluxe or Voyager for kid appeal while also simultaneously being incompatible with people who just like collecting smaller TFs. What a shame.
>>
>>6511596
Just wait for the superior Takara version with a cartoon-accurate paintjob and chrome applications, you Hascuck.
>>
>>6511488
Wtf is this shit
>>
I'm completely new to this franchise and by that I mean I've had absolutely no experience with it at all until today when I bought Transformers Devastation on sale and my god I've fallen in love instantly.
I was hoping you guys could point me in the direction of the best figures to represent the characters from that game. preferably affordable enough to get a few of them without completely breaking the bank
>>
>>6511618
>preferably affordable enough to get a few of them without completely breaking the bank
Ho boy. Well, if you want more basic figures there's good CHUG figures for everyone, or if you want really nice desk-toys there's the Masterpiece line which also has just about everyone from that game (I think? there weren't many characters were there?)
The game was more or less made to advertise Combiner Wars Devastator, so if you have $150+ to spend on a giant combiner you could get him.
>>
>>6511618
>best figures to represent the characters from that game

Masterpiece line and 3rd party stuff for a Devastator.

>preferably affordable

Generations line for everything but Devy, for Devy, you're kinda shit out of luck unless you got $600 for a 3P one.
>>
>>6511648
UW Devastator is fine.
>>
>>6511649

Horribly oversized compared to any other combiner, and if you're gonna spring for the UW at this point, you might as well go full retard and blow the wad of dosh on a 3P one which will more than likely be more appropriately sized and much better made.
>>
>>6511220
Had a few minibots when I was a kid. Seaspray, Cliffjumper, Beachcomber and Powerglide, maybe some more. Had no interest in Beast Wars, completely forgot about the franchise until the movies happened. Was in a toy store and saw Human Alliance Bumblebee and picked him up because he looked rad, and it turned out he was VERY rad. Still love him, he's the only movie figure I still have after my initial spend-surge subsided.
>>
File: buzzsaw.jpg (94KB, 706x878px) Image search: [Google]
buzzsaw.jpg
94KB, 706x878px
Any excuse to post Beast Machines Buzzsaw
>>
File: 20170902_144828-1.jpg (140KB, 993x932px) Image search: [Google]
20170902_144828-1.jpg
140KB, 993x932px
Found this glorious sonovabitch at TRU this morning. He's pretty great and fun transform and pose.
>>
File: TRANSFORMERS_-Devastation1.jpg (650KB, 1920x1069px) Image search: [Google]
TRANSFORMERS_-Devastation1.jpg
650KB, 1920x1069px
>>6511618
>get a few of them without completely breaking the bank.

The ingame models of most of the cast are accurate to the cartoon, and if you want that specific look you'd have to go Masterpiece, but if you are fine with versions not as accurate there are options.

BTW, can you be specific on who you want? the autobots are mostly cheaper than the Decepticons since most of them were combiners.

Sideswipe - Classics line, a bit hard to find.
Grimlock - We don't have a cheap cartoon looking Grimlock yet, but hes comming on the next year mainline.
Optmus - Classics mold, easy to find, quite cheap.
Wheeljack- (up) Generations line, a bit hard to find or expensive, (down) Combiner Wars line, easy to find and cheap.
Bumblebe- (up) classics mold, still easy to find, but not as cheap as (down) Titans return Bee, smaller and still in stores.
>>
>>6511651
UW is better than the 3P ones.
>>
File: Six Shot Pew Pew.gif (953KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Six Shot Pew Pew.gif
953KB, 800x600px
>>6511666
Fuck yeah, Six Shot.
>>
>>6511675
more dakka

MORE
>>
>>6511670
I was thinking Sideswipe, Optimus and bumblebee since I don't really use Wheeljack and Grimlock in the game.
Shame sideswipe is the hardest to get since he's my favourite out of the 3 I wanted
Would probably pick up a megatron too just to have a decent display
>>
>>6511670
>even putting CW Wheeljack as an option
Ew, I don't even like the Generations one that much but that is literally one of the ugliest remolds from one of the ugliest molds in Combiner Wars, and that's saying a lot. Energon Downshift is a better choice than that, even without proper leg articulation he still manages to at the very least not look like an upscaled Legends in robot mode.
>>
File: GrimlockLegends_toy.jpg (41KB, 700x447px) Image search: [Google]
GrimlockLegends_toy.jpg
41KB, 700x447px
>>6511220
This was possibly my first, or one of the earliest I remember picking out. I saw him un K-Mart one day with my family and instantly recognized Grimlock from the cartoon, since I watched it with my older brother all the time.

After playing with him a few times I left him in front of the living room door, and my uncle accidentally stepped on him with his work boots.

Later I got the Action Master version and left it in front of the door again, resulting in another broken Grimlock.

Finally I got a grey G2 Grimlock, but I think broke as well, and then I replaced him with a blue one, but I think he got sold in a garage sale.
>>
File: Generations_CW_leader_Megatron.jpg (249KB, 926x986px) Image search: [Google]
Generations_CW_leader_Megatron.jpg
249KB, 926x986px
>>6511679
Yeah Sideswipe hasn't had a classic looking update in years, but we might get one on the newt line who knows, well he had a cybertronian toy, but it looks like completely different character, You could try to track a knockoff masterpiece sideswipe online, those are cheap, but expect some quality issues.

Megatron on the other hand is still easy to find, "combiner wars leader class Megatron" the ingame model was an hybrid of this toy and his cartoon look.

good luck on your hunt anon.
>>
>>6511651
>horribly oversized

Nah.
>>
>>6511692
>CW Megatron
I hate it. I hate it. I hate it so fucking much.
>>
File: 9gNnanR.jpg (1MB, 2368x2976px) Image search: [Google]
9gNnanR.jpg
1MB, 2368x2976px
>>6511686
He just needs a bit of paint, a sharpie can fix that easy, Downshift hasn't aged well anon, I still have him.
>>
File: Megatron-Robot-14_1432926834[1].jpg (625KB, 1854x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron-Robot-14_1432926834[1].jpg
625KB, 1854x1920px
>>6511692
>CW Megatron is a shiny all over silver tower of power
>Stock photo is My First Airbrush
>>
>>6511696
Still just looks like a stunticon cosplaying
>>
>>6511696
Paint can't fix hollow legs, shitty proportions and an overall Playskool-ish look, anon :/
>>
>>6511696
>literally glitter over a turd
>>
>>6511697
I know what megatron's forehead is supposed to be but on the CW version it just looks like he has giant eyebrows
>>
>>6511696
>sharpie
The true curse of this fandom: nobody can paint for shit.
>>
>>6511697
For me the Silver is an upgrade over that airbrushed deco they shoped on the render.
>>
File: blastoff.jpg (31KB, 189x289px) Image search: [Google]
blastoff.jpg
31KB, 189x289px
Technically my first was Action Master Grimlock and some Micromasters, but fuck that.

My first REAL one was G2 Blast Off. Still have him somewhere, I think.
>>
>>6511715
And hes even lacking the second eyebrow set lol.

>>6511717
I said it as an example of how easy it is, the curse of this fandom are the jaded fans that forgot how to enjoy toys.
>>
So Predaking is a sure thing, huh?

Great. What am I gonna call the giant dragon from Beast Hunters now?
>>
>>6511727
Scourge-oh wait. I guess you can try Flame Convoy
>>
>>6511725
>the curse of this fandom are the jaded fans that forgot how to enjoy toys.
All I see nowadays is fans bitching about the fucking paint and deluding themselves into thinking the same toy but 50 dollars more expensive is far superior just because it has like two or three paint apps more.
Exactly why I'm never buying any MPs unless it's the KO version, they ruined the standards and for nothing.

>>6511727
Predatron?
>>
>>6511727

Dragotron?
>>
>>6511727
Predaking, they're not only in different "universes" sharing names isn't anything new to the franchise, BW Prowl once meet G1 Prowl.
>>
What TFs have the "lifeform made of machinery" feel strongest?
>>
>>6511727
Slightly more surface detailed Predaking
>>
>>6511739
>he doesn't like to have all his toys be in the same universe with a grand, sprawling mythology to explain where they all came from
>>
>>6511743
Alternate universes lmao
>>
File: Ogre.jpg (756KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre.jpg
756KB, 1600x1200px
>>6511717

I can paint. I just have no desire to because model paints suck balls for things you actually have to transform and play with. If you paint something yourself, all you're doing is making a statue. Industrial paints are very different, and mega-fucking-toxic, which is why they adhere so well usually.
>>
>>6511741
Trypticon
>>
File: Bumblebeatings2.jpg (981KB, 1123x1459px) Image search: [Google]
Bumblebeatings2.jpg
981KB, 1123x1459px
>>6511741

Shockwave.

Actual robots would never be anything like Bayformer stuff, because all of those loose, exposed, jagged parts would be hellishly fucked by dirt, grime, and anything that could tangle in it's exposed area. They'd need to be mostly enclosed, and likely pretty well armored.

tl;dr Closest to actual mechanical lifeforms would be fully enclosed designs. Like G1, Prime, Animated, etc. Anything where all the moving parts aren't exposed.
>>
Went to target looking for other stuff, they had blitzwing and octane. I got blitzwing, did I make the right choice? I've been out of the loop for a while now.
>>
File: reduced-image_9729_106[1].jpg (58KB, 640x511px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-image_9729_106[1].jpg
58KB, 640x511px
>>6511618
>affordable enough to get a few of them without completely breaking the bank
I remember when I was so naive.

Good news is almost every character in the game has had a recent toy of them. Bad news is almost none of them look like the in game models. Depending on how you want to approach it, I can recommend a few options:

>Character design first
This will be the most expensive and also the least complete route. Transformers Masterpiece is a line designed to mix the toy design with the cartoon to create a figure that recreated your young memory of the figure. They made Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock in that line. Blitzwing, Insecticons, Stunticons, and the Constructicons aren't in that line, so you're out of luck with any decepticon that isn' Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream, or Megatron. Also be aware that there's been three style shifts over the years, going from the first ten to the revamp in a smaller scale to the current overly animation accurate toys. They are also very expensive, with most being $100 or more.

cont...
>>
File: rm1.jpg (79KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
rm1.jpg
79KB, 500x550px
This was my first
I loved him then and love him now
The beast mode seems very natural, like it's a puzzle that fits together. The vehicle modes can be like that too, but modern transformers usually lack this and have a very blocky Gen 1 design.

Anyone know any other toys or lines similar to this guy?
>>
>>6511777
How do you feel about the move lines?
>>
>>6511618
>>6511775
>Acceptable adaptation
This is my preferred option, as well as the cheapest. There have been many version of the characters reimagined in many forms. These are cheaper but less accurate version of the characters. Still, they are very fun as toys themselves. I'd recommend these figures for each character:
>Classics Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Sideswipe
>Unite Warriors Wheeljack (He's only in a Japanese exclusive combiner boxset, so Generations works if you want a cheaper option)
>Combiner Wars Superion and Defensor
There's also an upcoming Voyager Grimlock in Power of the Primes, so I'd wait to see how he looks. Otherwise his Masterpiece is still the only decent option.

For Decepticons:
>Combiner Wars Leader Megatron (or TR voyager megatron
>Wait for the upcoming PotP Starcream or Classics. CW Leader Starscream is okay, but a big departure for the design
>Titans Return Soundwave, Blitzwing,
>CW Legends Shockwave (who's really small, but can be held by other figures) and Insecticons
>UW Devastator (Avoid the CW version, he has worse articulation and fewer features and accessories)
>>
>>6511748
>I can paint.
>posts potentially dipped ogre

9/10 for picking the right army
>>
File: pixlr.jpg (370KB, 1227x1227px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr.jpg
370KB, 1227x1227px
The Vehicle mode is nice, but like TLK Voyager Megs and his feet, this is kinda irksome.
>>
>>6511782
Aw, no Defensor?
>>
any cool fan base modes for TR prime/ Octone?
>>
>>6511665
i really like that figure, and its almost perfect... but the arms are just bloody awful and really bring it down
>>
File: 20170902_164451.jpg (1010KB, 1743x981px) Image search: [Google]
20170902_164451.jpg
1010KB, 1743x981px
The Dynamic Duo.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>>6511799
There's the combiner wars and unite warriors version
>>
>>6511798
It's figures like these that make me glad I'm poor and can't appreciate completionism, and that I dislike everything about Windblade.
Every Windblade has been awful.
>>
>>6511780
Move? Do you mean movie?
I'm not really a fan. Some of them look cool, but none are really very accurate to the film designs. And i don't much care for the film designs in all honesty.
>>
>>6511796
>dipped

Nah. Primed with white, basecoated with a dark grey, and then drybrushed with lighter greys for the skin. Metal bits were painted black then drybrushed with metal colors. Pants are just red with some brown ink wash. Whole thing is then blasted with gloss varnish because it holds up better I've found.
>>
File: universe_defensor.jpg (52KB, 363x640px) Image search: [Google]
universe_defensor.jpg
52KB, 363x640px
>>6511813
There's also this guy, but it's fucking awful.
>>
>>6511816
>Do you mean movie?
Yeah, those.
I'm not telling you to like them or to buy all of them but the movie lines have some figures like the ones you describe liking. ROTF and HFTD were the high points of the movie lines, the first line has some stand outs but they do dumb bullshit like not include some basic articulation they could easily accomodate and DOTM has some good engineering but they feel flimsy in comparison to everything before them.
>>
>>6511825
>Micromasters
>awful
>>
>>6511752
Shockwave looks cool, so that sounds like a good thing.
>>
File: TF-Titans-Return-Blitzwing.jpg (816KB, 2580x1696px) Image search: [Google]
TF-Titans-Return-Blitzwing.jpg
816KB, 2580x1696px
What went wrong?
>>
>>6511899
Nothing. They made G1 Blitzwing instead of Animated Holds Up Sporkwing.
>>
>>6511899
The pathetic attempt to be toy-accurate instead of going for its own modernized design like the T30 was the major mistake here. It works well for the plane but that's about it, the tank looks goofy and the robot is mediocre at best.

Also, the atrocious lack of paint apps doesn't help, even though that's unfortunately the norm for modern Hasbro.
>>
looks better than the Garbage that was Generations Blitzwing.
>>
>>6511899
the shit purple facepaint is the only thing I don't like about him

you heard me, I don't give a shit about stickers, transformers had stickers when I was a kid and I don't give a shit if they have them now
>>
>>6511899
stickers than just the paint as promised as the 3d design for it
>>
People have to remember when doing triple changers one mode will always suffer more than the others. I personally feel this is the best interpretation Hasbro has done to date.
>>
>>6511899
It's not the superior Takara version.
>>
I agree. the purple face wasn't called for. Grey Face would have been fine.
>>
Now Explain Takara's Shit-Tier Legends Trypticon
>>
>>6511918
What? Legends Trypticon is the exact same toy as Hasbro Trypticon except with less reports of breakage.
>>
File: Leader - Skyshadow - Robot.jpg (105KB, 1042x833px) Image search: [Google]
Leader - Skyshadow - Robot.jpg
105KB, 1042x833px
I saw Skyshadow for the first time today, he looks really cool and I've been wanting a big decepticon and he'd fit that bill nicely, but part of me is triggered by him not being a Pretender (though the modern ones look tripe) and instead being a Duo-con, also those cheap stickers (it's just the two decepticon emblems on his shoulders, yes?) and fifty pounds seems a bit much for something I'm so-so on. I'd rather get a accurate version, I've pre-ordered LG Overlord, so I will own a version of the mold, what do guys think?
>>
>>6511727
Scourge, Dragotron, Dragokaiser, Rampage, Infernocus, Hell Drago.
>>
>>6511922
TR skyshadow is the best painted figure in the line really. Just look at the guns
>>
>>6511915
What went right?
>>
>>6511922
Sky Shadow is absolutely wonderful, the only problem with him is that his gun and shield can't actually tsick together like that.
>>
>>6511945
>Hasbro using false advertising yet again
As my friend Ping often says, "Supplies, supplies."
>>
>>6511266
>>6511422

You really didn't notice that they still made Transformers until this recently? Even though TF Devastation was pre-dated by four blockbuster movies? That's astounding.
>>
>>6511959
>You really didn't notice that they still made Transformers until this recently? Even though TF Devastation was pre-dated by four blockbuster movies?

The movies were summer "blockbuster" trash that I completely ignored, so yeah. Why would I want toys of something I hated both in terms of aesthetic design and in terms of the barely there "plot"?
>>
My first TF was one of the old Optimus Prime figures with the trailer that was attached with a small peg. I was probably 9 or 10 when I got it from a yard sale back in the mid-90s.

I remember vividly playing with it in the car with my mom and the peg that plugged into the trailer broke off and I got mad and screamed "SHIT!" and my mom beat the shit out of me when I got home, this wasn't new since she was abusive until she went crazy and ran off when I was 16.
>>
>>6511959
I knew about the movies of course, I just wasn't aware they did G1-style stuff, I mean.

I knew about the movies of course
>>
>>6511979
Gotcha now. Man that would've been one hell of a discovery. I remember Classics showing up being mind-blowing, and they didn't even put out any characters I really gave a shit about for years after.
>>
>>6511651
>justifying the leap from $200 to $600 this hard
>>
>>6511979
>>6511989
...for example-- the fact that it's been over 10 years since Classics started and there's only been 1 Jazz figure* in that timeframe is fucking ridiculous. I thought he was a main guy? wtf

*Not counting POTP cuz it ain't out yet, and hardly takes away from my point.
>>
>>6511748

>model paints suck balls for things you actually have to transform and play with.

>playing with your toys
>>
>>6511922
He's really good.
>>
>>6511999
It's because part of the generations line hasn't been G1, and you're excluding the figures that were made then.
>>
So, any glaring issues with KO MP Wheeljack compared to the Takara version?
>>
>>6511945
My Skyshadow's guns stick together like that no problem. Yeah it's not the best fit, but it works.
>>
I unironically miss the Aligned continuity aesthetic.
>>
>>6512031
Some of the parts were cool, but the really skinny designs and lack of noses were lame.
>>
>>6512031
>aligned "continuity"
Really funny how they tried to pretend three radically different series were somehow related, especially since one was just G1 dicksucking
>>
>>6512031
I don't.

>DUDE TRON LINES AND ALT MODES THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE ANYTHING LMAO
>>
>>6512031
I didn't. Sticking animated, wfc, and movie aesthetic and tossing it in a blender failed more often than not.
>>
>>6512035
It was really more of a shared backstory/characterization guideline than a true linear timeline. I think after the movies Hasbro realzied that having a bunch of different interpretations and looks for characters, like what we had from RiD through Cybertron, was confusing new fans they wanted to attract, as well as alienating older ones. Even animated, which was bringing back a bunch of older, traditional concepts, still did out-of-the-ordinary things like making Optimus Prime young.

I think Animated was more an attempt at doing something like the G1 umbrella,which gave us the US cartoon, the Marvel comic, the Japanese sequels, etc, all differing continuities, but sharing the basic root.
>>
>>6512042
They didn't seem to give a shit with RID, tons of characters use names from others, including a new Grimlock.
>>
>>6512042
>a bunch of different interpretations and looks for characters
You mean like the War for Cybertron versions of Starscream and Soundwave compared to Prime Starscream and Soundwave?
>>
>>6512049
Urf Modes
>>
>>6512046
By RiD the whole idea was basically dropped.

>>6512049
Not the biggest variation we've seen between characters within a continuity. The WfC designs all had huge aesthetics anyway, so I imagine even traditionally thin designs would've been bulked up in those games.
>>
>>6512046
This post applies to both RID.
>>
>>6512067
Heh heh heh
>>
>>6512067
But for the original it was just to prevent trademark expiry
>>
>>6512071
Same for this one, a number of characters hadn't had their names used in official material for a long time.
>>
>>6512073
What about brand new names like Quillfire, Glowstrike, and Thunderhoof?
>>
>>6512075
Look up most of the minicon names.
>>
>>6512075
That happens some times, even in the old RID. Guess they look over names that haven't been used much, and if theres nothing they care about, lack it now, or nothing fits they use a new one.
>>
File: IMG_4194.jpg (582KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4194.jpg
582KB, 1600x1200px
Well, I finally did it. I was overconfident, had a brain aneurism, and tried to put the small gun into Roadblock's tiny GOLD PLASTICS fist holes.

Yeah, you guessed it.

I glued back on the fist the 2 tiny, tiny pieces out of 3 that I managed to find. The fist still look good and the break give him an "open hand" look.

Still, it's a cautionary tale. NEVER PEG ANYTHING IN GOLD PLASTICS HOLES. I will also refrain to peg his feet on the vehicle's weapon platform from now on. The big joints still work fine but by playing with the thing I'm walking on thin ice.
>>
File: IMG_4195.jpg (481KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4195.jpg
481KB, 1600x1200px
>>6512157
Broken hand with parts glued back on.
>>
File: IMG_4197.jpg (519KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4197.jpg
519KB, 1600x1200px
>>6512159

Roadblock's inner bot, asking me "Y U DO DIS?"
>>
>>6512157
Didn't we warn you about that?
>>
>>6511942
>yellow tank
>the arms, the flimsiest and more demanding parts to form, are painted yellow and destined to scratch to oblivion
>separating shuffler from his elephant tank
The grey face??????
>>
I still can find Ramhorn in stores. I'm getting worried that I will miss him
>>
>>6512192
No one's stopping you from getting him online. You just have to buy 3 more guys you have/don't want.
>>
File: 1501847223792.jpg (17KB, 297x310px) Image search: [Google]
1501847223792.jpg
17KB, 297x310px
>>6512157
>>6512159
>>6512160
Damn, that's pretty harsh, at the very least it isn't too noticeable at first sight. That sucks but it's still understandable how tempting it must have been to try it. I have a MIB 10th Anniversary Dinobot around here for a few weeks now and the temptation to open it keeps getting stronger every day, even though deep down inside I know it would end in tears.
>>
>>6511782
What is the actual name of the line in your pic?
I don't see it in the image sorry if it's there and I'm just being retarded though
>>
>>6512222
Classics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_Classics
>>
>>6512222
It's what we usually call CHUG: A combination of figures from the Classics, Henkei, Universe and Generations lines. Technically, they're all different series, but since they all follow the exact same aesthetic (basically just classic characters reimagined) we just treat it as being one.
>>
File: 1097888452.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1097888452.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>6511782
>More Than Meets Theeye!
>>
>>6512198
I'd trade my MPM Bumblebee for it. I really don't want it.
>>
File: 300px-BWDrillBittoy.jpg (20KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
300px-BWDrillBittoy.jpg
20KB, 300x235px
>>6511220
>>
>>6512254
Stop using his slave name, his real name is Drillnuts.
>>
Hopefully a question someone can answer. I just got a sealed MP ironhide from a thrift store. But it didn't come with a neutral face plate only the shocked one in the accessory tray. Is there any way to get a replacement piece? Is there a third party alternative I can look into getting?
>>
>>6512274
Unless you feel like buying another ironhide to steal the faceplate from and return, you're probably screwed.

There's an upgrade kit that gives him a new head that's supposed to be out "soon" but the new head looks dopey
>>
>>6512220
I tugged at the Devil's tail.
I paid the price.

Still less dramatic than my Xover Millenium Falcon. Poor Chewee never survived...
>>
File: Swerve fine toy.jpg (947KB, 1840x1234px) Image search: [Google]
Swerve fine toy.jpg
947KB, 1840x1234px
Can get a Thrilling 30s Swerve, loose, for $7 Canadian +$10-15 shipping. Is it worth it? Haven't seen it at TFcon, hoping to pick it up with Cosmos and Seaspray when I see them in stores.
>>
>>6512321
7$ for Swerve is a great price, but the shipping hurt the deal, as usual. Try to see what other interesting things the seller have to offer and go for combined shipping. At least, the shipping cost will be absorbed by multiple figures.

10-15$ of shipping is a base price that can accommodate a couple of loose figures easy, not just one.
>>
>>6512321
He's a great figure. The only shortcoming is that his head doesn't turn, but literally everything else about him is perfect. Does he come with his targetmaster? If so, that's a good deal.
>>
File: Swerve Jones.jpg (236KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
Swerve Jones.jpg
236KB, 494x750px
>>6512324
What would be a decent shipping cost? If it's $10 or over, I might be tempted to grab some other figures, but they're mostly Prime/Beast figures and legends.

Commander-class Dreadwing ($10) is tempting but that's it. Haven't seen much of the show, and the voyager looks a bit nicer. Hoping for ~$5 shipping so I don't have to make a second purchase. A $10 Paralon, maybe?

>>6512334
That's a shame, his head seems to be almost a part of his hood-thing, like his G1 figure. He comes with the little spaceship guy apparently.

Ahh apparently shipping will be around $12. Frick
>>
>>6512345
>his head seems to be almost a part of his hood-thing, like his G1 figure
It can move, but only front to back. He can nod, but not turn left to right. It seems to be something they've mostly corrected on legends class figures since then, though.
>>
>>6512312
aw. Damn. Thanks for the help though
>>
>>6512353
That's.. a pretty unusual design choice.

So shipping will apparently be around $12. I can either wait for a convention and hope to see him complete, or pay $20 for this elusive but pretty neat figure.

There's Paralon ($10), Dreadwing ($10, commander class), or legion Warpath for $6? Leaning towards Warpath or nothing at all, unless any of these figures are actually amazing.
>>
>>6512345

A "good" shipping cost would be the exact stamp price, on a BOX (not a fucking enveloppe) that is not too big but not too small to damage the figure.

A large company like Amazon or TrU have deals with Canada Post so they can ship huge things for peanuts. But the little guy like you and me must pay at least 10$ of shipping for a legend sized figure, loose or mint, to ship within Canada.

As for Paralon, RID Paralon, he's neat as hell. Get him if you don't already have RID Scorponok. Also, Commander Dreadwing is better than the voyager IMO. So much that I sold my voyager ages ago.
>>
>>6512361
That sucks. I'm more used to buying Kreons which can just be stuck in an envelope with bubble wrap.

Alternatively I could possibly grab Swerve, sealed for $15 near the city. Which is around the shipping price alone. This sucks
>>
File: tumblr_nkc1wxER8N1td6160o1_500.png (207KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkc1wxER8N1td6160o1_500.png
207KB, 500x373px
>>6512314
Man, fuck that Falcon. I remember always passing next to it in a local Fnac store and wanting it really bad as kid but never having the chance to pick it up since it was actually sort of pricey for its time. Now that I've seen how bad it suffers from GPS, I'm not sure if I should even regret it.
>>
>>6512031
I dug the tron lines and THICCness of the cybertron games
>>
Man, I missed out on some Legends figures, and now they're ridiculously expensive. I remember when the line started, you could still get figures for normal prices after they came out, now most people charge way more for them.
>>
Apparently Platinum Metroplex is coming. It's going to be shown at hascon and it's supposed to have the SDCC coloring and two red guns. It's probably going to retail for like 200 bucks though since it's platinum. But hey you now have choices with metroplex reissues
>>
File: tmp_25145-DSC_0108614761744.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25145-DSC_0108614761744.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I got leader megs for around 30 bucks and you knoe what hes bretty cool despite the flaws compared to the voyager.

The only real issues he has to me is the obvious weakness with the cannon gimmick and i wish his chest could fold up a bit more in vehicle mode.

The jet is by far the most intimidating on this version.

Overall im satisfied with him.
>>
>>6512556
So it's going to have chrome? Eh, no thanks.
>>
I have voyager tlk megatron and i'm pretty impressed. Also got nitro zeus recently and i love it! Looks like the decepticon voyagers in this line are engineered very well!

Are hound and scorn worth a purchase?
>>
>>6512562
This reminds me that none of the figures went with the obvious route of turning the wings into a shield for Megatron. Their shape definitely lends it self to one.
>>
>>6512574
I honestly really like Hound, he also has a ton of articulation, which was a pleasant surprise. The only fault I can think of is that getting him to vehicle mode the first time is a pain in the ass, and he lacks all of his iconic weapons.
>>
File: G2-toy_Leadfoot.jpg (138KB, 706x500px) Image search: [Google]
G2-toy_Leadfoot.jpg
138KB, 706x500px
As a child in the early 90s, I didn't understand the G1 toys weren't being sold anymore. I would always beg my parents to let me check whatevr KayBee Toys we walked past in hopes of finding a G1 Optimus toy, man was I dumb.

I remember this being my first transformer, didn't know the character I just wanted a toy. Lost the propeller after a day.
>>
>>6512591
Still got this guy. Only problem is I lost track of his launcher, and it's such a critical part of the toy it looks weird in vehicle mode. Damn shame, too.
>>
>>6512577
How articulated are the legs?
Can he squat or do the powerglide strut pose?
It looks like the waist pouches hinder leg movement.
>>
>>6511422
i didnt really enjoy playing Grimlock. he just doesnt play like Bayonetta like the other guys, and his alt mode is just running.

still, this game is GOAT because its a genre i like
>>
File: r_optimusprime214.jpg (93KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
r_optimusprime214.jpg
93KB, 500x650px
>>6511220
I was actually inspired to transformers collecting via Toyfare magazine. i dont know if it was the many articles about it, or something from Toyfare theater, but I went out one day and day one picked up Cybertron Leader Optimus as my first ever toy.

this guy alone was enough for me til a couple years later when Animated and the Movie started coming out.
>>
File: Universe-Devastator_1265324496.jpg (91KB, 933x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Universe-Devastator_1265324496.jpg
91KB, 933x1000px
>>6511874
That one in particular is shit as it looks nothing like Defensor except for First Aid.
I own Universe Superion and it's great. I really regret skipping Devastator back in the days when it was cheap.

>>6511899
It would be good if it wasn't for the face and hand paint.
>>
>>6512632
Bloody awesome toy that one. I think it's my favourite prime!
>>
>>6511688
Holy fuck! I had this gridlock but as a shitty knock off version from a random gas station as a kid lol never knew it was a legit transformer once.
>>
File: sometimes crazy works.png (559KB, 637x606px) Image search: [Google]
sometimes crazy works.png
559KB, 637x606px
>never got mp32 primal because premium collectables are fucking asshats and KEEP telling me to this day "it'll come"
>missed out on mpm04 pre-order because hlj and amiami had their pre-order windows open at different days and always check amiami FIRST
>check out hlj's sales
>fuck all anything good
>check masterpiece listings
>no mp'son sale butTHEY HAVE AN MP32 PRIMAL
>buy it
>laugh because an mp38 primal has also popped up in their listings and a mp36 orange capped version as well as a legends brainstorm
>check bookmarks
>for the last weeks since I missed the order I had listings for both hlj an amiami for mpm04 in the vain hope one of them has a listing
>reside myself in the fact I can just stalk mandarake again and begin deleting bookmarks
>check amiami because I dun goof'd and opened it by mistake
>amiami somehow opened their pre-order window!
>pre-ordered mpm04 from amiami

Now I can die happy with 3 mp primes, and solve the riddle that is "what's the deal with mp04 japanese version and if it matches what the promo shots say".
>>
>>6512698
>and solve the riddle that is "what's the deal with mp04 japanese version and if it matches what the promo shots say".

I still have no idea what I was thinking not cancelling my hasbro version preorder when the QC disaster started being reported. Hopefully the takara version will still be possible to find if it ends up being fixed.
>>
>>6512702
It's going to be interesting, I own the japanese mpm03 and while the differences on the figure are minimal (biggest being the eye color change) I just find the japanese text a better fit with my other mp's.

If the deco ends up being mostly the same as hasbro's I would expect the qc being the same, but oh well
>>
>>6512369

Scouts ARE 15$ nowadays. So what you decide? 15$ only, or 7$+15$ of shipping? Also, if that Swerve is sealed, it mean you get a bonus figure, his Targetmaster.
>>
>>6512703
I'd imagine that if takara's version is a later production run at all it should be fixed, unless they rushed it out
>>
>>6512591
G2 Optimus Prime was a thing, they rerelease the original mold in that line.
>>
File: IMG_4189.jpg (621KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4189.jpg
621KB, 1600x1200px
I FINALLY got TR Kup. I had to pay 5$CAN more than retail (meaning 25$CAN plus taxes) at an independent store because distribution suck mighty ass here.

Regardless, that figure is brilliantly designed and go so well with the other Kups! His only fault is the back of the truck's bed untab too easely but other than that, it's a great figure.

No regrets spending the extra 5 bucks and not missing out.
>>
File: DSCN0992.jpg (1MB, 1479x1195px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0992.jpg
1MB, 1479x1195px
>>6512562
get Rendsora.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2356x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2356x2448px
Everybody, Steelbane finally came out in America! We're almost there! Hope is still alive!
>>
>>6512762
Where in the hell is Exclusivite? Some shit-tier Shaboygen suburb?
>>
>>6512762
>tfw that Steelbane will stay together better than the flimsy deluxe
Damn shame.
>>
>>6512762
so much blood all over prime and bee.
>>
File: DSC01006JPG.jpg (398KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01006JPG.jpg
398KB, 1296x972px
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>6512784
>BW shit
>perfect
kek, no
>>
File: duckboi.jpg (38KB, 498x578px) Image search: [Google]
duckboi.jpg
38KB, 498x578px
>>6512785
What's the matter anon? Don't like arachnids?
>>
>>6512791
No, just a connoisseur of bricks with wheels.
>>
>>6512785
Somebody is upset that Beast Wars is starting to get a lot more attention. Without a doubt, within the next five years beat wars will be resurrected and be the next big iteration of transformers.
>>
File: 1433204349603.png (45KB, 159x219px) Image search: [Google]
1433204349603.png
45KB, 159x219px
>>6512805
>being this delusional
>>
>>6511441
Beachcomber for me. Friend of my parents had a blue dune buggy, and i had a couple of mini 'Bots in my hands. My mom said, "Look, Mr. SoandSo's dune buggy!" and pointed to robotic hippie. Still have him, and he still has his tires. None of my Go Bots from the same period do.
>>
>>6512784

Don't listen to that idiot, this toy is fantastic.
>>
>>6511717
and one of those Gundam markers gets better results with the same amount of skill.
>>
>>6512880
Fucking samefag
>>
File: file.png (1013KB, 713x985px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1013KB, 713x985px
>>6511220
Some other kids at school were talking about the Armada cartoon. I distinctly remember imagining an octopus robot when I heard the name Optimus Prime.
>>
>>6512889
>There can't be more than one person who disagrees with me

OK then.
>>
File: potpteaser.jpg (126KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
potpteaser.jpg
126KB, 750x745px
>>
>>6512895
>this faggot again
Oh joy. More shitty cutouts.
>>
>>6512895
I NEED MORE
>>
>>6512895
>Dinosaur leg
>Dinosaur claw
>Dinosaur wing
Does that mean the girly foot also goes to a dinosaur?
>>
>>6512895
It's true, all of it.
>>
>people are hoping Hascon will flop and want Hasbro to crawl back to Funpub
This fandom is sick.
>>
>>6512908
Who wants that?
>>
>>6512909
The 5 Funpub dick suckers who never stop trashing Hascon. And post shit like #bringbackBotcon.
Yeah, that will happen.
>>
File: Tomoko okay then.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko okay then.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>6512913
>tfw I just buy toys and am not deep enough in fandom to have any clue what you're talking about
>>
>>6512908
To be fair, an actual dedicated Transformers convention is definitely better than whatever the fuck Hascon is gonna be. I mean, I don't particularly want Funpub back either (though I am sad those teased exclusives never came to be, they actually looked good) but under decent management an official TF convention would be a good thing.

I mean it's ultimately meaningless to me anyway as I'm a Britbong, but still.
>>
>>6512913
Lol that's just Pete and his sock puppet accounts
>>
>>6512932
>Arpimatrix
Give the details
>>
>>6512901
It goes to the Legends sized combiner chest piece, Archaeomatrix. So yes, it does.
>>
>>6511670
Classics Optimus is cheap? Well, I think there are KO out there...

CW Optimus might work too. Since he's more G1 accurate vs the Classics.
>>
>>6512938
>Archaeomatrix
Hold up, so is that an Archaeopteryx altmode woman? Sounds awesome.
>>
File: IMGP3395.jpg (839KB, 1370x1130px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP3395.jpg
839KB, 1370x1130px
Yay or nay?
>>
>>6512967
WTF happened to his face? Did Optimus take it?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170903-113611.png (248KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170903-113611.png
248KB, 1080x1920px
Why is he such a pussy /tfg/?
>>
>>6512971
Probably because he's a TF fan.
>>
>>6512971
drinking coca cola does that to you
>>
>>6512971
What's this stupid shit?
>>
>>6512977
A triggered Youtube 'reviewer'.
>>
File: 100PercentRetard.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
100PercentRetard.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>6512895
>this faggot thinks his cutouts are worth shit when we have leakers showing us the entire first 3 waves
>>
>>6512913
I would love something like Botcon to come back, but more like the pre-FunPub days.
>>
>>6512943
>CW Optimus might work too. Since he's more G1 accurate vs the Classics.
He's built more like an ape than any Optimus Primal toy and has fake chest windows.
>>
>>6512971
Context?
>>
>>6512967
Needs a new head for Thunderwing but other than that looks good.
>>
File: _MG_8785.jpg (464KB, 1598x2048px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_8785.jpg
464KB, 1598x2048px
>>6513024
How about this?
They used the oversized KO of the voyager
>>
>>6512913
>funpubcucks

Deluded fuckers are more loyal to some shitty company that makes shitty comics and pinheaded repaints than the actual company that owns the IP. Funpub and its cocksuckers are the true cancer of this fandom. Allspark is the festering asshole.
>>
>>6512986
It's from Hasbro's Facebook.
>>
>>6513034
Yeah, I guess the faceplate gimmick of the leader breaks the mold too much
>>
>>6512938
Stop being an idiot
The legends dinobot is slash
These are 4 different size classes from wave 1
Grimlock
Swoop
Slash
And liege maximo
>>
>>6512943
>Classics Optimus is cheap?
Yeah, thanks to the evolution pack from a few yars ago, you can get the mold with chrome thights for cheap.
>>
File: N48aQYB.jpg (2MB, 1433x2048px) Image search: [Google]
N48aQYB.jpg
2MB, 1433x2048px
>this triggers the Allspark
>>
>>6513099
Man, they're taking forever to finish that.
>>
>>6512784
Gorilla arms
>>
File: descarga.jpg (9KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
9KB, 203x248px
>>6512901
>>6512938
>>6513090
Probably just Elita-1
>>
>>6513099
I thought this was the fun universe, that crash must have killed a few hundred people.
>>
File: potp.jpg (1MB, 1839x2111px) Image search: [Google]
potp.jpg
1MB, 1839x2111px
so.... this is the power of the primes..... woah.....
>>
>>6513115
How did you not know this yet?
>>
>>6513115
At least half of it yeah, btw welcome to 2 months ago.
>>
>>6512967
That's fucking BRILLIANT!
This give me the desire to do the same.
>>
>>6513078

My point stands. They should just roll with the blow and give us in depth showcases of all the prototypes and shit.
>>
>>6513034

Even better!
>>
>>6513113
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4ghsv04V0
>>
>>6513118
>>6513120
so this is the power of.... not having a forced partsforming gimmick... woah.....
>>
File: Thunderwing_with_matrix.jpg (114KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderwing_with_matrix.jpg
114KB, 400x565px
>>6513034
I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat, it really captures that Marvel feeling.

I wonder if we'll get a Thunderwing in Potp? I mean with the Matrix gimmick and all.
>>
>>6512967

I can't 'yay' hard enough.

Although frankly Nitro Zeus looks alot like him already.
>>
>>6513129

Oh lol, is this for real?
>>
>>6512967
>>6513034
That works better than I'd expect, time to add another name to the list of redecos I'll never get
>>
File: tr3b2.jpg (39KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
tr3b2.jpg
39KB, 640x400px
TR-3B cosmos when?
>>
>>6513099
>triggering the Allspark
What doesn't?
>>
>>6512971
>inb4 he tries to force a meme of his own in his future videos
>>
>>6512784

Oh, is he? Because the spider legs on mine won't keep him up.

>>6512893

Octopus Prime...

>>6512901
>girly foot

trigger phrase...
>>
>>6512925
>whatever the fuck Hascon is gonna be.

G.I.Joe, Rom, MASK, Micronauts, Action Man...
>>
>>6512967

Unf.

Oh baby. I never knew I needed that.

>>6512998

I think this is about 'Rotating around', a redundant phrase some reviewers use and which makes me want to punch them. I guess I am not the only one.

>>6513136

Man, I am still hoping for an official Stormbringer. And the Leader gimmick might accomodate it...
>>
>>6513363
No. MLP, TF, Nerf and most importantly, Play-doh.
>>
>>6511651
Get those NBK devastator figures. They're like 12 bucks each. Only three of them are out right now tho.
>>
>>6513136
>pretender shell that holds matrix cores
>leader class that takes a smaller robot that combines for larger robot
>Thunderwing has inner robot, pretender shell, and inner robot's jet mode attaches to the front of the shell's jet mode
either he'll be a pretender shell for one of the primes or he'll be a leader class, I think the fact that they didn't retool black shadow in TR is pretty solid proof.
we still have 4 primes unaccounted for (Onyx, Nexus, Prima, Amalgamus) not counting optimus of course
To be fair, we also only saw 11 in the promo art, but that would still leave us with 3 new ones.

I'm betting we at least get him as nexus or amalgamus, but I'm holding out for leader class, since we've only got rodimus unicronus as a villain for the first 3 waves.

Wave 4 is gonna be Thunderwing, I bet, with wave 5 being BW megatron
>>
>>6513112
while I would say that makes sense at first, the colors aren't very clear, so it's hard to say (could be pink, could be purple, could be grey) but also, that would make her the only wave 2 character in that tease, unless the bottom left is ripper snapper and not slash
of course it's possible the wave orders got changed since the leaks
>>
File: TB-2-still.png (676KB, 1020x707px) Image search: [Google]
TB-2-still.png
676KB, 1020x707px
>>6513298
>TR-3B
Not until we get the Transformers/Thunderbirds crossover toyline.
>>
File: idw_strafe.jpg (141KB, 768x681px) Image search: [Google]
idw_strafe.jpg
141KB, 768x681px
>>6513388
Could also be Moonracer, shes on wave 1.

Wonder if they'll repaint Twinstrike/Sinnertwin into IDW strafe, the female dinobot.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 714x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 714x599px
>>6513380
>Thunderwing, Starsaber, and Deathsaurus were all in the poll for next prime
>Also in tie-in mobile game
>Starsaber fits in with the leader class gimmick
>Post describes his toy exactly

I'm betting on leader Starsaber and Thunderwing sharing a mold ala Sky Shadow/Overlord with a Deathsaurus somewhere down the line.
>>
>>6513414
>dinobot
>two headed murder scrapmetal beast

Ah, so the movie definition of a "dinosaur".
>>
I'm glad Botcon is dead, the CW andTR Giftsets that they've released were far better than any botcon set they made and it only ran 100 bucks instead of 500. Hell who would imagine that America is the only place that has a new liokaiser figure after 30 years and it looks good. You have a mass released g2 menasor, a new G2 bruticus, and a new g2 superion who's arm actually doesn't crumble. The only one I'm torn about is computron because I really like computron and wanted both sets because again I really really like computron and I did like the Hasbroversion.

The only other part of Botcon that mattered was finding out new releases which will happen at hascon anyways.
>>
File: 20170903_183515_resized.jpg (479KB, 1161x1584px) Image search: [Google]
20170903_183515_resized.jpg
479KB, 1161x1584px
Optimus Prime and Megatron have met their ends in a clash of mutually-assured destruction! Quick! Decide on a new leader for the Autobots or Decepticons and give them a support team to carry out the legacy of their leader!
>>
>>6513434
Since we know combiners are back, I hope that the UW Strafe, Nosecone, and Lightspeed molds get a giftset release in toy colors sometime. Preferably with a good Brown UW Blast-off.
>>
>>6513432
>Star Saber
>being THIS DELUSIONAL
LOOK AT HIM! LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH
>>
>>6512762
BB looks terrified at what he's done.
>>
This might be a weird thing to find out, but I just stumbled into a packaged TR Chromedome in my room. I have no idea why it's here, and I already have a Hasbro and Takara Chromedome in my display. Do any stores let me exchange a deluxe for another deluxe on the pegs when I don't have a receipt?
>>
File: ucm8o2tcciwy.png (413KB, 841x760px) Image search: [Google]
ucm8o2tcciwy.png
413KB, 841x760px
>>6513115
Is it wrong that I'm really hype for the Pretender suits and Legends?

either way wave 1 and 2 are going to decimate my wallet. I am not ready
>>
File: 300px-G2_Gobot_Soundwave_toy.jpg (23KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
300px-G2_Gobot_Soundwave_toy.jpg
23KB, 300x269px
>>6511220
I still have most of him, and he's still got silly putty in his body, but really I started on Beast Wars after my mom got me Scorponok, because that's my Zodiac.
>>
>>6513449
You live with anyone or friend's with the place's janitor?
>>
>>6513449
>inb4 a new Chromedome shows up every day now
>>
File: inline_opn7t0s75x1t0t26.png (3MB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
inline_opn7t0s75x1t0t26.png
3MB, 1249x1920px
>>6513439
UW Strafe and Lightspeed aren't much of a impovement over the american releases, I have them. I'd preffer a domestic release of UW Ratchet.

>>6513433
Yeah, no idea if she has anything to do with movie Strafe, but could be an ok easy wave filler.
>>
>>6513455
No, and no.
>>
>>6513414
I really hate her beast mode, the split robot head looks so stupid.
>>
>>6513449
Does your family have a history of mental health/split personality disorders?
>>
File: IMG_3962.jpg (556KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3962.jpg
556KB, 1600x1200px
>>6513451

You are not alone.
>>
>>6513466
>all that cheesy 80's super robot goodness

I am fucking jelly
>>
File: IMG_4095.jpg (580KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4095.jpg
580KB, 1600x1200px
>>6513466

Wrong pic.
>>
>>6513467

Only TWO Actgion Masters remain to get. Tracks and Crusher....

And You would believes how I got this lot. By trading some useless shit!
>>
>>6513464
No?
>>
I need a figure to repurpose into a fembot, specifically, SolusPrime, so a feminine but stronk form would be good.

Fyi, I hate strongarm's deluxe, please give sometying else that can be sorta manly but also not?
>>
>>6513451
The pretender shells look like they're 2POA to me so I've zero interest
>>
File: GenerationsSkyByte_Map.jpg (120KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
GenerationsSkyByte_Map.jpg
120KB, 600x600px
>tfw they don't make transformers like this anymore

Damn it all...
>>
>>6513512
Chromedome, just replace the chest plate with something else.
>>
File: tf - TR Windblade.jpg (166KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tf - TR Windblade.jpg
166KB, 1050x1400px
>>6513512

Titan Return Windblade will be perfect.
She's built like an amazon already. All you need to do is maybe change the wings for something else and change her forearms so that her hands can hide for the vehicle mode. You could even take TR Highbrow's arms and wings to do so.
>>
>>6513512
How much customizing are you doing? Part swapping and repainting? Tr windblade
Full on resculpting? You might have luck with prime starscream or even tr perceptor
>>
>>6513544
Good. That was a POS of the highest caliber.
>>
>>6513470
I'd love to hear what was traded
>>
>>6513559
I disagree
>>
>>6512784

If he just had visor shaped eyes he would be dead on.
>>
>>6513544
That's not the original Sky-Byte.
>>
>>6513432
They usually don't make more than 3 original molds in a line.

However they could do heavy retooling if past molds....

Deathsaurus could be a Grimlock retool.
>>
File: IMG_3896.jpg (613KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3896.jpg
613KB, 1600x1200px
>>6513566

Lots of movie figures, botcon garbage, random action figures, incomplete transformers, many generations I no longer cared about. The best thing is that the store traded me all that shit at relatively 1:1 instead of going full "gamestop" as usual.

So I traded around 1500$CAN of figures, not spending a single cent. So I got ALL hos his Action Masters because no one wanted them. For that amount, consider that ALL of the "simple" Action Masters were at a flat price of 30$CAN each. Even Sideswipe who is sold at 250$CAN on Ebay. The vehicles were 40$CAN and the elite 80$CAN. (Even though they sell for 200$+ each on the 'Bay) As for the big vehicles like Optimus and Megatron, there were a bit pricier. The taxes were not charged in the trade.
Only bits missing are Optimus Prime's rubber band for his waist joint, a missile for Prolw's bike, some broken off weapons on two Euro vehicles and that's it. All the rest are 100% complete and fully functional. Including the Elites.

Now all I miss to have a COMPLETE Action Masters collection are Tracks (250$CAN) and Charger (60$CAN)., appart the bits mentioned above.

Pic related is only a small sample of what I gave.
>>
>>6513583
Tr had blaster, sixshot, and black shadow, that's true, and cw had megs and um, but outside of that, there's nothing close to consistency. Movies have one, two, or no leader molds, and most lines outside of that didn't have any.
Prime wars trilogy seem to be handling leaders different
>>
>>6513589
More power to you but any one of those figures is more likely to be a better figure than any of that 80's crap, and probably moee articulated than most of them put together. As far as I'm concerned,t he only good 80's figures were the diaclone/Microman stuff,and a few others.
>>
>>6513598
At the top of my head, CW had Ultra Magnus, the Seekers, and the two Megatrons. Seekers were retools, and so was one Megatron so that line only had 2 brand new leader toys.
>>
>>6513576
I know
>>
>>6513607
Yeah, so why'd you post his inferior imitation?
>>
>>6513544
>Generations Sky-Byte
Couldn't they just remold the hands on the original? This was garbage.
>>
File: 1504486379183-968732528.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1504486379183-968732528.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
Who would win?
>>
>>6513608
I just posted an example of the kind of Transformers I like
Beast Modes that look like they fit together smoothly and organically, and don't have blocky designs.

That's all :)
>>
>>6513614
Is Slash allowed to transform?
>>
>>6513609
Is he that bad? I never got either of the sky bytes and was thinking of getting the T30 version since that was easier to find and cheaper.

>>6513614
Godzilla gets a 20% damage bonus against robots, so he wins.
>>
>>6513620
>turning into that awful robot mode

Only if he wants to lose.
>>
File: Gay rainbow.gif (681KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gay rainbow.gif
681KB, 800x800px
>>6513604

"Better" in what way? It all amount to what you like and what you want. If you want to eat meat, a steak is better than an orange. But if you want something refreshing and juicy, the orange is better than the steak.

Most of the figures I gave were gathering dust, piled on each other in storage, or deep in a box. So I gave what I no longer cared about to get something kitch, old, and rare. Plus the appeal to have an almost complete collection of rare figures in one go was too tempting to resist.

Did what I gave is "better" in term of technology and design? Definitely. Did what I got was way more satisfying for ME? You betcha.
>>
>>6513606
That's what i said
>>
File: 1504487087248-1996864441.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1504487087248-1996864441.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>6513620
Slash has Transformed!
But at the cost of standing on his own, poseability, and extra bulk weighing him down.

Godzilla does not seem impressed.
>>
>>6513638
I was just expanding on what you said.
>>
File: at first iwas.gif (2MB, 194x142px) Image search: [Google]
at first iwas.gif
2MB, 194x142px
>>6513614
Thanks for taking one for the team and buying a slash.
>>
>>6513583
TR handled everything in a strange way. Unique molds were Sixshot, I'd say PMOP counts as a new mold since it barely shares anything with UM, Blaster, and Overlord. Big changes are that most retools here are pretty big:

-Soundwave has an extra gun, legs below the knees use almost entire new parts (the feet are the only shared pieces there), new helmet, different TM face, head, and torso
-Sky Shadow's legs have a different crotch piece, the top half has entirely different arms, chest, jet nose section, different wings, extra weapon, new helmet, different TM face, head, and torso. A bit more and the jet section would have been entirely different from Overlords.

I hope POTP continues this new brand of retooling.
>>
File: 15044877101881980803369.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
15044877101881980803369.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>6513645
Juat doing my part.
Even rotating and adjusting some parts to behind him doesn't help much.
>>
>>6513656
Let's not forget cw voyagers were four unique molds, retooled frequently
Tr had five, and tr had way more unique deluxes than cw
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>6513583
>Deathsaurus

Stay delusional weebshit geewunner
>>
>>6513451

Nah. You have a friend in me.

I would have liked a bigger, more articulated pretender shells, but this is fine too.
>>
>>6513589
Thanks for sharing and I'm glad that you're enjoying this new collection. Which one is your favorite Action Master?
>>
File: IMG_3948.jpg (735KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3948.jpg
735KB, 1600x1200px
>>6513710

I'd say Optimus Prime is my favorite. Simply for the complete ridiculousness of a truck driving a truck.

Also, having never owned a M.A.S.K toy ever, I got to enjoy the concept.
>>
File: 1503871687267.jpg (42KB, 533x786px) Image search: [Google]
1503871687267.jpg
42KB, 533x786px
>>6513709
I actually really love tiny, simple toys like that. It's a guilty pleasure of mine
>>
>>6513099
Is that Grimlock in an apron?
>>
>>6513746
Yeah, he works in a café in the Legends Universe. Most of the Autobots that were on board Fortress Maximus, and the Decepticons that fought them when Scorponok used his bomb, lost their bodies and had to quickly saved by turning their heads into Headmasters. Since so many transformers needed bodies and they opted to go to the Legends Universe since they had allies there that could help them make them, the Decepticons did the same thing.

Most Transformers work for the companies that will provide the new bodies and exchanged tech as a sort of payment and good will between them. Since not all the Transformers are good at office jobs, some moved into others areas (Brawn, for example, works in construction).

Note that not all Transformers were affected by the bomb, the cassettes bots weren't affected, and Wheelie escorted the Headmaster Jr's to safety so he wasn't hit by the blast wave.
>>
File: IMG_2035.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2035.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Frogmode Quake: Yay or nay?
>>
New bread:

>>6513786
>>6513786
>>6513786
>>6513786
>>6513786
>>
File: space-mini-con-team-robots.jpg (657KB, 1799x1000px) Image search: [Google]
space-mini-con-team-robots.jpg
657KB, 1799x1000px
>>
>>6511967

Even disregarding the movies, the franchise isn't even in a popularity heyday right now. They toys gave been ubiquitous these past fifteen years: it seems bizarre you wouldn't have seen them if you're into toy collecting or you're part of online forums discussing nerdy shit.

Unless when you wrote your other post you were using conversational hyperbole but reflexively argued back against the person who took you literally. This seems the most likely answer.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.