[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finally decided to try Nippon Yassan to grab an exclusive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

File: Ship.png (205KB, 980x725px) Image search: [Google]
Ship.png
205KB, 980x725px
So I finally decided to try Nippon Yassan to grab an exclusive I wanted. Is it just me, or are their shipping rates fucking ludicrous? I'm just ordering an average HGUC, for the price they're charging for economy I can nearly get EMS over at HLJ! And that's not even getting into all the other comedically priced options for if I want tracking, faster shipping, etc.

How do you guys put up with this shit? I heard N-Y was the new place to go for exclusives, I didn't imagine it would be like this.
>>
>>6505797
>I heard N-Y was the new place to go for exclusives
It's not.
>overcharge for shipping
>sometimes ask you for extra money when your order gets in even if you paid your preorder + shipping upfront
>will never help you if something goes wrong with your order
>>
>>6505846
okay, so where would you recommend going for exclusives instead?
>>
>>6505797
>>6505872

Well you can't get exclusives at hlj so comparing to them is rather pointless. Mandarake is another option but you'll have to hunt for what you want since it's second hand.

I think the shipping might be expensive there as well if your order is under 5000 yen, unless they changed that.
>>
>>6505880
There is no more fee for orders less than 5k.
>>
>>6505872
Bandaionline

The site looks fake as hell but I've bought from them 6 or 7 times. Best prices but they will very rarely miss something. Eg they never stocked the twin hugo p bandai kit. But the customer service is great and the shipping times are fine. I buy all my p bandai stuff from them.
>>
>>6505797
If you think that's bad, their shipping efficiency is even worse. It took them nearly a week after receiving payment to ship the first time I ordered there, despite the fact I paid for UPS. I chalked this up to it being a national holiday in Japan after checking a calendar, decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

NOPE. My current (and likely last) order has taken them nearly a week to generate a shipping label for and they still haven't actually handed it over to UPS. Due to their tardiness it's now most likely to ship on Friday, which means by the time it arrives on Monday or Tuesday I'll have been waiting nearly two weeks for something quoted as being delivered in "1-2 days".

For reference I've never had issues like that with Mandarake or Jungle.
>>
>>6505797
N-Y is a garbage middleman site and I have absolutely no idea why anons recommend them even after plenty of anons with recorded complaints
I don't understand why their shipping prices are so high either compared to another middle man site like mykombini
Not sure about biginjap though
>>
>>6505797

>>mfw have like $300 in orders from N-Y
>>first ones from them in over a year
>>see constant threads everyday about how they are suddenly terrible
>>
>>6506282
>suddenly
People are saying they're terrible since day one.
>>
>>6506281
Avoid Big in Japan.

My one and only order with them was for a P-Bandai SHF. It arrived with a ton of major factory errors (worst I've ever seen from that line, right down to miscast joints), and while they initially responded to my emails they must have realised that between the long wait after preordering, a slow eight-week trip to my country via RSAL, and being held by customs for two weeks, it had just gone past the 180 day Paypal window. They just stopped responding after that.
>>
>>6505797
I've been using them for the last 6 exclusives I've needed...they're just fine.
>>
>>6505797
There are probably better options, but for me when ordering multiple exclusives where the total gets to the 30, 40, 50k range I think it works out fine. All because they don't put the actual total value on the box I never get charged for customs fees. Fees which I think would be worse than their high shipping charges (I never go over registered SAL).
>>
>>6506347

Pretty sure that's the main issue with them.

I'm still getting some things from the site as they seem to dodge customs 100% of the time and as such are worth the risk for me until I find a better alternative.

>>6506261

They were slow with my latest order too, but I don't recall them being terribly slow in the past.
>>
>>6505797
They are and their shipping is slow as fuck. They take two to three days to prep for it.
>>
>>6506382
>They were slow with my latest order too
Maybe it was because of Obon break things tends to slow down?

Golden Week and Obon, also end of year then first few days of new year are some longer breaks that can affect shipping so in those cases going crazy over a few days delay is pointless.
>>
>>6506400
It's pretty much every order in my case. Once had to email them wondering what was going on and they basically told me to sit on it.
>>
Their shipping times are random as hell.
I've had only a few orders ship out on the release day or the day after. Most of them took a 3-4 days at least. I've had one take jaround week and one take almost 3 weeks.

and despite overcharging with the shipping they are usually somehow a few hundred yen cheaper than BiginJapan for a lot of their stuff.
>>
>>6506399
>They take two to three days to prep for it.

Oh you poor, poor baby.
>>
>>6506400

I placed my order at the end of july and it shipped like ten days into august or so.
>>
>>6506301

Their customer service can't be worse than ThreeA which is almost actively antagonistic and I still buy from them.
>>
>>6506449
When paying a premium you don't expect to wait three days for them to print out a label.
>>
>>6506449
Fuck you ems delivers in two days tops. I don't expect to pay for it only to wait a week because they sit on their ass.
>>
>>6506612
Oh fuck you, God forbid you have to wait a day for something.
>>
>>6506612

>EMS delivers in two days tops

Takes a week for me, stop acting spoiled.
>>
>>6506281
Sometimes its your only option.
>>
>>6505797
I never understood the boner this place has for them.

They overcharge for shipping, messed up my order, and refused to fix it. Terrible customer service.

They later flagged my review on a third party site for possibly being fraudulent. I had to send in proof of purchase to have my review put back. As you can imagine, none of the positive reviews got pulled.
>>
>>6505797
I used them once, the shipping was way too high, the price of the item was too high, but it was the only place that had it. Item came missing a piece, asked them to remedy it, they closed my account. This place fucking blows.
>>
Anon here who's been ordering web exclusives for like 5 years now.

NY used to be the shit. They had orders out in days and packed things super well. In the last year, they've slowed to a crawl, over charge for shipping (sometimes even ask for more), and even now refuse to answer CS inquiries. So the boners people had? That's because they WERE good.

I've switched to Big in Japan. SLIGHTLY more expensive, but they get their orders out ASAP and if they under charge you for shipping, they eat it (or at least I've never gotten asked for more). My forwarding orders get sent out the same day they show up at their site. >>6506305 Not invalidating this, though. No one is perfect.

And yes, being on time actually matters to me beyond waaaahhh muh toy. Like, a serious level. Also, NY has been slow up to a MONTH for me. That's unacceptable.
>>
>>6506977
>In the last year, they've slowed to a crawl, over charge for shipping (sometimes even ask for more), and even now refuse to answer CS inquiries.

Are you people in the US or like Europe or somewhere where you're always getting screwed on shipping? I ordered from N-Y last month because I had 3-4 good orders from them a few years ago. I guess we'll see when my December stuff comes in.
>>
>>6506977
It sounds like they're going down the same road as Yokatta and several other proxies.
>>
>>6506786
>I never understood the boner this place has for them
Viral marketing.
>>
Shipping is a bit more than what I'd pay at AmiAmi or whatever, but I don't have to pay customs taxes when I order though them, so that's already a huge reason to buy from NY.

I've only used their customer service to cancel orders, which they've handled well. Haven't had an issue with any products I bought from them.
>>
I use proxyrabbitjapan. Used them like three times and I have more stuff lined up for the rest of the year.

Stuff I got so far. A bunch of P-Bandai HGBF gunpla. 4 GM Sniper II WDs. And a RD MK-V marking plus version. They have high commission charges but they're responsive and the shipping isn't particularly expensive (they don't use much if any pack-in material, just sturdy boxes) so the price ends up evening out with a lot of the other sites, cheap sometimes. IIRC NY estimated rape prices for EMS shipping for the WD GM Sniper IIs and would have been stupidly expensive
>>
>>6506977
They always overcharged for shipping and always had shitty customer service. The only reason some people like you think they were good at some point is because you never paid attention to how much you paid for shipping and never had issues with your orders (when there's nothing to fix, every retailers is "good").

They even sold statue KOs in the past and never aknowledged or replaced them.
>>
File: vulcan1.png (641KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
vulcan1.png
641KB, 800x600px
Only used it once to get my VulShark and VulPanther twin-pack when it was on sale. Even with (eco) shipping it was less than retail. But dang, I had no idea how ass N-Y's customer service really is, so I guess I just lucked out this time around.
>>
>>6505797
I only used them to buy the JP Dragon Dagger, and yeah those charges are hefty. I would only use them to buy exclusives which are in its own special class of hell.
>>
>>6506977
>That's because they WERE good.

Er, I stopped using them after a bad experience four years ago.
>>
>>6506786
>They later flagged my review on a third party site for possibly being fraudulent. I had to send in proof of purchase to have my review put back. As you can imagine, none of the positive reviews got pulled.
Was it on MFC? I may have been the one who had to ask you for that proof. Sorry anon but that's what we were asked to do and you are not the only one even though most people usually don't bother sending proofs. I also know for a fact MFC isn't the only website they're monitoring to avoid bad reviews and that they do shill their services on MFC, here on /toy/, on /a/ and on various other boards including Spanish and French ones.
>>
>>6507153
>Viral marketing.

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is viral marketing, especially if we're recommending sites like Bandaionline.com
>>
>>6505934
Looks ok but no transformers man
>>
After reading this entire thread, the only things I can conclude are that biginjapan and nippon yassan both suck. Isn't there any good site for exclusives out there? I mean, that one guy recommended Bandaionline but I've never heard of it before and no one else has said anything about it so I feel a bit wary.
>>
>>6507817
Mykombini.
>>
>>6507676
>Looks ok but no transformers man
>Bandai online
You do know that Hasbro/Takara sells transformers, right?
>>
>>6507658
Why? Are they bad?
>>
What's NY position with cancellation from non-payment? As in there was an order not paid, due date came and passed, and the order is automatically cancelled. I let it happened a few times before both by neglect and on purpose. Wondering if there is some limit to how many times you can do that. I didn't really see anything specific about it on their site saying it's not tolerated. And a bit paranoid about asking such things directly.
>>
>>6509113
well, just don't do that when you have any outstand preorder that you do want. Because when they stop your account, all your other preorders will be gone too.
>>
>>6507817
you seem to grade only on faults and none of the positives. there are good sites for exclusives that will give you excellent after service. But service comes at a cost too. How much extra cost is great after service worth to you.
>>
>>6509253
What positives? They're more expensive AND have shitty services.
>>
>>6509237
It's more to do with if I can treat them as backup orders. If that risk exists then yeah I'll try not to.

Since most exclusives you pay at checkout there isn't much chances of that happening anymore though.
>>
>>6509276
>They're more expensive

compare to?
>>
>>6509298
Have you been paying attention to this thread at all
>>
>>6509306
I have, that's why I ask which site are you comparing the price to for call them more expensive.
Just having high shipping cost does not automatically mean the total prices is more expensive

Nippon-Yasans total price. item + shipping is around the same as other stores, many times they are less if you can get in on their early pre orders.
>>
File: examples.jpg (89KB, 648x766px)
examples.jpg
89KB, 648x766px
>>6509310
here's some example of their total price that I considered good.
>>
>>6509298
It's more of an issue of why they are charging so much for standardized shipping services (which are pretty much the same across all the other webshops, which is why we call them standardized). Like, HLJ using EMS shouldn't cost any different than any other webshop using EMS, and usually it doesn't. Except with N-Y for some reason.

I'm assuming they're paying for normal ass shipping like everyone else and pocketing the extra. Which is dishonest to say the least. I assume they do this so they can have a good looking price on the toy, but secretly make a little extra cash on the side.
>>
>>6509113
I have done it 3 times now on a total of 36 orders. But I don't think it's something you can count on. It might just depend on the mood of an employee if you get banned or not.

NY is the japanese site I used most in the beginning. But shipping cost really has been increased , I would say about 2 years ago.
NY was about as cheap as AE with low and predictable shipping costs (when preordering you could immediately choose the shipping method and cost) and most importantly my orders seldom got hit by customs.

What soured me on them, apart from the new shipping rates was their customer loyalty plan. You can accummulate xp and dp points. When I asked to convert it to a discount I got like 4% on a €150 order. No thanks.
>>
>>6509345
Shipping fee is different from store to store. It's not just the shipping cost rate from post office. ups, fedex, etc
The shipper box, packaging material, time and labor. all of that is added to the total shipping cost. some store just adds that cost to the item price instead.

did you try looking up some of the items from the example and compare to HLJ?

1/60 VF-1J Valkyrie Milia Fallyna Jenius Type with Super Parts is 21800 yen before shipping
https://hlj.com/product/ACA82137

nippon-yasan has the same item for 18280 before shipping. and 21020 SHIPPED.

pay the higher cost at HLJ for better after service, but it'll cost you 2000-3000 (base on the possible shipping rate after price comparison on before shipping)
>>
>>6509298
Pretty much every asian retailer.
>>
>>6509368
>most importantly my orders seldom got hit by customs.
Yeah, I think I never got hit with customs. I think the label always said the value inside is 20 EUR? Which is a total lie. Since the box usually contains multiple exclusives, I'm glad for the no customs because it would be way more than the higher shipping cost in the end.

I'm not exactly sure how all of that works but with big value orders I don't think I'm losing that much due to zero customs fees. I don't care for the speed of processing either.
>>
>>6509432
so you can't name a store?
>>
>>6509469
So you're retarded?
>>
>>6509368

>when preordering you could immediately choose the shipping method and cost

You still can.
>>
>>6509345

Actually HLJ's shipping can be very inaccurate. I'm very often charged way less than the actual shipping stated on the parcel.

Deals can be had on NY. I've gotten a few scale items that, even with their higher shipping, cost me less than amiami's listed price.
>>
>>6509432
>>6509527

see >>6509373
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.