[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ausfag, looking for some decent display cases for my Nendoroids.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 14x14x18-custom-acrylic-case.jpg (118KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
14x14x18-custom-acrylic-case.jpg
118KB, 900x900px
Ausfag, looking for some decent display cases for my Nendoroids. Want to put a little screenshot background from the anime they belong to and such, make them look nice. Anyone know a good seller? Tried buying one from Ebay, and it's all just garbage from China, scratched to hell with all these weird marks on it (got a refund asap). Any local places or websites that sell that sort of stuff, or failing that would it be that hard to make my own?
>>
File: 13092010429.jpg (265KB, 1578x1600px) Image search: [Google]
13092010429.jpg
265KB, 1578x1600px
You guys have that Daiso Japanese store that sells everything at one price, ya? They sell a variety of small display cases that are made of PP or PS, some cheaper plastic I can't remember.
>>
>>6501899
>Daiso Japanese
Oh, had never heard about them, but looks like there's one right on my way to work. Thanks anon. I don't care too much about the quality of the plastic, more like I want to be able to see it in person (or be assured that it's from a reliable seller) so I know I'll be getting something that's actually is unblemished and unmarked even if it a bit flimsy.
>>
File: DSCN2714.jpg (748KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2714.jpg
748KB, 1600x1200px
>>6501890
>>6501899
Another aus anon here, we have daiso stores and display cases usually in the storage sections, pic related, have yet to see like yours yet but my new local store had the bottom one which I never seen prior, in vic if that helps.

>why this dusty cluster fuck
Bad habit of knocking over my alarm clock which sits next to it, it basically keeps me from doing so
>WHY DUST
because lazy fuck that stopped hiding just to be helpful for once
>>
>>6501916
Thanks, I'm definitely going to check it out.
>>
>>6501916
And don't worry about the dust. My office is the same, hence why I need to have cases rather then just having the figures out in the open air. I don't want them to get covered in dust. I clean the damn room all the time, and everything just ends up dusty again a couple of days later.
>>
File: Ran-Mori1446044104.jpg (207KB, 1803x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ran-Mori1446044104.jpg
207KB, 1803x1200px
Maybe an IKEA Synas? I think they light up from the bottom too. I don't have any myself, but I've been meaning to get one or two and use them like you're planning to.
>>
File: 1501944152174.jpg (1MB, 3890x2945px) Image search: [Google]
1501944152174.jpg
1MB, 3890x2945px
>>6502611
Here's another example. Looks like you can fit a fair few in.
>>
I can also recommend Daiso. One opened up near me not long ago and they have an assortment of small display cases, as already mentioned.

Also for anyone looking for storage of Nendoroid Petits, I found these over the weekend that fit them perfectly.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/tactix-12-compartment-organiser-storage-box_p2580706
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/ToolPro-Organiser-12-Compartment/360964
The SCA ones are currently 2 for $6.64, with fixed dividers.
The Bunnings ones are $5 each, but have moveable dividers.
>>
>>6502611
>>6502615
I really like the Synas, but I can't justify the cost (and size) of buying one for every single nendoroid I own.

Like I said, my dream is to have them all set up kind of like >>6502611 that one. A nice background, maybe a prop or two, but that's a huge amount of space to devote to one Nendoroid (since I don't like the concept of mixing and matching Nendoroids belonging to different series).
>>
>>6501899
>>6503035
Called into Daiso Japan, and they had nothing that would fit Nendoroids unfortunately, and it's one of the only Daiso's in the state, and the only one within a reasonable distance to me. Am I fucked?
>>
>>6503131
I hear ya, they are a bit pricey alright and that's one reason why I haven't bothered to get one yet.
An alternative could be to buy just one for now and rotate your nendoroid series every few weeks. That's something I thought about doing as it seems like a fun way to keep them interesting, seeing as I don't fiddle with them too much when they're sitting long term.
>>
>>6503173
Hmm... maybe. I have a friend who works at IKEA, so I could get 15% off, but that's still not a lot.

Right now I'm super tempted to treat myself and buy Darth Vader and pre-order Serval (from Kemono Friends). Both of them would really suit a larger display if I ever buy the other Nendoroids that go with those series (assuming they do make other Kemono Friends ones, which I'm pretty certain they are).

Help me out here anon, think I should buy those two? I'm soooo tempted, but I need someone to talk me down or push me over the edge.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.