[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3p General: Mp scale never ends edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 73

File: upload_2017-8-23_17-53-11.png (610KB, 690x518px) Image search: [Google]
upload_2017-8-23_17-53-11.png
610KB, 690x518px
>>6493054>>6493054>>6493054>>6493054>>6493054>>6493054>>6493054>>6493054>>6493054

MP scale is so fucking big its going to ruin everything. (It's why Maketoys had to cancel cool SSm too big)
>>
First for MP-36 is the best MP Megatron toy.
>>
>>6496884
>paint shedding
>nightmare transformation
>boxwarming accessory list
>not even an accurate grey

At least you have a reply.
>>
>>6496882
no waist swivel on that Lockdown?
>>
>>6496882
I fucking need that lockdown to have a green cyber tatted version.
>>
File: SuperAndUltraMegatron.jpg (97KB, 761x710px) Image search: [Google]
SuperAndUltraMegatron.jpg
97KB, 761x710px
Let's put all the stupid arguing aside and have a fun thread. What Transformers designs do you want to see toys made out of?

I'd still fucking love anything based on Super Megatron. MMC is kind of going for that vibe but they don't really succeed with it.
>>
>>6496962
Just give me a non-stylized Animated Megatron, man. But I wouldn't complain if they go all the way and do Super Megatron, either.
>>
File: Megatrong1idwpreearth.jpg (54KB, 400x493px) Image search: [Google]
Megatrong1idwpreearth.jpg
54KB, 400x493px
>>6496962
I'd love a shit version of this megatron.
He's such a bad ass in the early idw issues. No boasting, no exposition, he just fucks shit up.
>>
>>6497133
>I'd love a shit version of this megatron.
Non-shit version* lol.
>>
>>6497133
It always annoyed me they retconned that attitude almost immediately after the ation series ended. They actually make a point that Megatron boasting and his mania was mostly due to the Ultra Energon in his system, but then he's ALWAYS like that in the past, and present.
>>
File: needs more gun.jpg (169KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
needs more gun.jpg
169KB, 1440x1080px
Post underrated 3p figures.

This guy never gets enough love.
>>
>>6496962
I want a really good Prime Megatron that's Voyager or MP scale. I have the deluxe FE one and its fantastic but tiny.
>>
File: n91115TAD01qhi7eq.jpg (64KB, 409x600px) Image search: [Google]
n91115TAD01qhi7eq.jpg
64KB, 409x600px
Just got my shipping notice for Origin Leonidas, better late than never I guess.

The Japanese reviews have left me completely gutted, however. The paint on the final product looks nothing like the promos, and I was really hyped for metallic reds and not ass matte burgundy. Fingers crossed it's not a fragile mess in addition to being ugly.
>>
>>6496928
>actually looks like an MP Meg
>>
>>6496936
Doesn't look like it has one but seeing how they managed to make such a small sized car transform into such a big sized robot, I'll forgive UT.
>>
>>6496962
>MMC is kind of going for that vibe but they don't really succeed with it.

I guess his "jet" mode almost could be a reference to that, but the robot mode is pure current IDW. Also I just don't think that'd sell, given MT apparently can't even shove out a Starscream thats not balls deep into G1 or IDW.
>>
File: OptimusPrime5.jpg (576KB, 1316x1244px) Image search: [Google]
OptimusPrime5.jpg
576KB, 1316x1244px
>>6497160

I know IF stuff gets a lot of love here, but almost no one talks about this guy. He's seriously awesome despite a few faults, and if you got one early enough, it came with a bonus figure to boot.
>>
>>6497238

Do me a favor and post a lot about it when you get it. Like no one has reviewed this damn thing except for asian reviewers, whom I unfortunately cannot understand. Gonna be a real shame if PE releases this guy for a 3rd fucking time and it's STILL garbage.
>>
>>6497238
Doesn't this have knockoff versions?

Knockoffs of third parties aren't always kosher but maybe they have better paint apps?
>>
File: TransWarpedSariUpgrade.jpg (34KB, 291x480px) Image search: [Google]
TransWarpedSariUpgrade.jpg
34KB, 291x480px
>>6496962
Anything Animated.
Mostly robot Sari but anybody we didn't get in the old line or updated versions of the old designs would be fine as well.
>>
>>6496962
>What Transformers designs do you want to see toys made out of?
I would really love some transformers prime stuff, similar to what >>6497226 mentions but I want a Knockout. Dude was supposed to be the "sexiest transformer ever designed" according to the animation studio but then his toy was a pathetic little hollow piece of shit. He could really use the 3rd party treatment.
>>
File: 2017-06-11 13.50.47.jpg (270KB, 649x507px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-11 13.50.47.jpg
270KB, 649x507px
Do you ever buy from Shapeways /toy/?

I've gotten some neat stuff from them.
>>
>>6497392

All I've seen from there is everything looking like sandpaper. Tech just isn't really there for 3D printing yet.
>>
>>6497405
That's the lower end "polished" plastic. If you order in Frosted Ultra Detail or the more durable black acrylate, you don't get the sandpaper-ish texture.

The lower end plastic is more for internal parts or things you won't be seeing up front.
>>
File: sari009.jpg (73KB, 588x800px) Image search: [Google]
sari009.jpg
73KB, 588x800px
>>6497357
I want this too, but I want it to be legit good, like Figma-quality. All those old Drossel-Sari photoshops and eventual real customs made me hungry for an official Max Factory-made Sari figure.
>>
Hey guys, sorry for my ignorance, I haven't kept up with TFs in years, but I recall someone recently posting a Deluxe Bee from the most recent movie, and it looked...really really good. Like absurdly good. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, when it comes out?
>>
>>6497416

I'll never understand peoples fixation with Animated. But didn't someone do a garage kit of Sari at some point?
>>
File: 20100828124638.jpg (217KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
20100828124638.jpg
217KB, 600x450px
>>6497421
Well, I loved it because it went back to entirely hand-drawn 2D animation after the whole Beast saga and Unicron trilogy, and DJW's character designs were appealing and fun. The show was also snappy and easy to watch, whereas I ended up getting bored halfway through a lot of the other shows.

It also certainly didn't hurt that the toyline was fucking AMAZING. I had doubts about how such simple designs could work and be fun to transform, but for the most part they exceeded my expectations. Some of my favorite TF toys to this day came from Animated.
>>
What is this and where is its altmode?
>>
>>6497462
Reminds me of those shitty Robot Replica toys they used to do for the movies. Looks a lot better though.
>>
>>6497323
Anon, I was talking about it when I got mine yesterday.

Also, the packages with Alleria are still readily available (so if you haven't got one, make sure she's included. You won't regret it, and it's about the same price as the standalone one).
>>
>>6497160
Eh, he's okay. Not really my cup of tea though. I thought he would be but in-hand, I don't really like him.
>>
>>6497392
I've bought from them once before but shipping makes it really expensive for me.
>>
>>6496962
I agree with more Animated.

I'd take Super Megatron too. That design is fucking cool (although I'd argue it's perfect in the form of Animated Megatron's Earth mode).

I still want a good Earth Mode Animated Megatron. The Leader Class toy just wasn't up to scratch for me, with his caved-in knees (despite Deluxe Ratchet having knees that meant outwards for robot mode) and his electronics obfuscating an entire area that could have been used for a more accurate transformation. Oh well.
>>
>>6497238
I'll be honest anon, I'm not sure why ANYONE bothered with this thing. The QC sucks ass. It's super-stylised and doesn't really fit into most collections. It has flaws out the butt (literally and otherwise).

>>6497330
Yes, and they apparently fix a bunch of the problems. Which is sad.
>>
>>6497462
DreamFactory "improved" KO. Its altmode is hidden in its removable kibble.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>shipping notice in my emails

Only a matter of time now...
>>
>>6497532
well that's a shame then. Bayverse Jetfire is a cool design
>>
>>6497549
Those smokestacks on his chest are an eyesore, and there was no good reason for that blue plastic on the top of the truck.
>>
>>6497553
I get that they're a common complaint but I think the smokestacks on the chest are kind of interesting
>>
>>6497554
But not accurate at all. I'm not an accuracyfag but I really can't stand them on the front.
>>
>>6497551
I guess we can hope for an 3P MPM one in a few year if the MPM toys sell well enough. I definitely wouldn't mind a good looking Jetfire that can partsform into a jetpower upgrade for MPM Prime.
>>
>>6497560
Without it he'll just be another Optimus Prime, not Ginrai.
>>
File: P8310247[1].jpg (259KB, 1600x1006px) Image search: [Google]
P8310247[1].jpg
259KB, 1600x1006px
>>6497564
Still not quite a Ginrai, though. To be perfectly accurate the shoulder wheels have to be on his hips and the smokestacks would be on his back.

Still, it's a bit silly arguing about accuracy on an accessory to a mainline generations toy.
>>
>buy hundreds of official and 3P TF from chinese eBay sellers (only those with good feedbacks and shit)
>never had a single issue
>stop buying toys for 18 months because I had to leave the civilized world for work
>back home since June
>buy Grinder on eBay from a chinese seller with awesome feedbacks
>turns out to be a scam
>buy another one from another chinese seller with even better feedbacks
>turns out to be a scam
>buy another one from another chinese seler with even better feedbacks AND reported as a trusted seller on TFW2005
>turns out to be a scam

What the FUCK is happening with chinese eBay sellers?

I got my money back every time thanks to Paypal but I'd like to know what changed during these 18 months.
>>
>>6497564
That makes no sense. If the smokestacks were on the back, he'd be Ginrai. As-is, he's not accurate.

Regardless, I don't like them on the front. I much prefer them on the back.
>>
>>6497574
No idea but I got scammed three times recently on eBay, so I feel your pain anon.
>>
>>6497549
As some one who ogot him last week.

He is great.
With them making a black version i winder they would just make it a full standalone products and do bunch of recolor version, eva color, gundam color, full camo ...
>>
>>6496962
Animated Constructicons and Warpath
>>
>>6497592
Yes please!
>>
File: 250px-ArmTVTidalWave[1].jpg (39KB, 250x331px) Image search: [Google]
250px-ArmTVTidalWave[1].jpg
39KB, 250x331px
>>6496962
I always sneer at those 600$ titans dismissively, but give me a three foot tall version of this fat fuck and I might come around
>>
>>6497595
Who the fuck is spending $600 on a Titan Class figure...?
>>
>>6497574
same story. must be a new chink con meme going around.
>>
>>6497621
Fucking chinks, I swear.
>>
>>6496962
I would kill for a decent rendition of armada Megatron.
>>
>>6496882
>MP scale is so fucking big
It's really not that big.
>It's why Maketoys had to cancel cool SSm too big
Source? And why would Maketoys have to cancel a big toy in a market that is currently all about big toys? Makes no sense.
>>
>>6496928
>boxwarming accessory list
This is my least favorite thing about newer MPs. I really don't give a shit about stupid accessories to re-create one random scene from one terrible episode of the shitty cartoon. Plus I feel like they're throwing in all these little bits of plastic mostly to justify the recent MP price hike.

If they want to give us more stuff, they should include alternate toy-accurate parts/weapons, or hell, just put the budget toward higher-quality paint and topcoats
>>
>>6497296
>actually looks like the garbage cartoon I watched when I was 5
fix'd
>>
>>6497409
I bought one thing I was totally thrown off by the use of the term "polished". Why the fuck would they call the rough shit "polished"? It's even more confusing when "frosted" usually means there is some kind of texture or coating on something.

Anyway, most of that shit is overpriced as fuck.
>>
>>6497720
Yeah, shapeways really only became "viable" recently with the new black acrylate and that really only works for heads or weapons because they don't allow sprues with that material.

Like, painted up pic related should look pretty good. Just random example I googled.
>>
>>6497709
>it's not that big
It's fucking huge and a pain in the ass for space conservation. Just look at any other high quality figure lines like figma or figuarts, masterpiece scale is like twice the size

>why would maketoys have to cancel a big toy in a market that is currently all about big toys
Nobody wants a giant literal who version of starscream when all of the giant shit they already own belongs to G1
>>
>>6497729
Some MPs like Sideswipe, Prowl etc are barely taller than a Deluxe man. Plus if the scale was smaller but the transformations the same, they would cost a lot more.

I get you, most of my collection is around that HG, SH Figuarts, Figma scale and they're bigger than that.
>>
>>6497549
>shipping notice
There is no greater excitement. Silver Grinder is scheduled for next Tuesday for me. Feels like an eternity.
>>
File: 1502955304558.jpg (210KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1502955304558.jpg
210KB, 1920x1280px
>>6497729
>>
>>6497732
>Some MPs like Sideswipe, Prowl etc are barely taller than a Deluxe man
They are as tall if not taller than Voyagers. The "main" MPs are Leader Class or larger. That is frankly too big for a lot of people's tastes.
>>
>>6497763
Might as well have chosen MP21 for comparison
>>
>>6497560
>not an accuracyfag
>proceeds to whine about it not being accurate
>>
>>6497789
Maybe he just thinks they look bad? You know, it's possible to judge a toy based on your own preferences and not just by comparing it to a old, probably garbage cartoon.
>>
>>6497789
>>6497817
I feel like we've entered a zone where there are no more subjective comparisons based on a person's taste anymore. It's just "accurate vs. inaccurate". Accuracyfagging is the worst cancer in this franchise.
>>
>>6497824
>Accuracyfagging is the worst cancer in this franchise.
Reedunfags are worse,
>>
>>6497717
Being butthurt isn't fixing anything.
>>
>>6497840
How is "Reedunfag" even an insult?

"Geewunner"
>wants everything to look like an antique cartoon, regardless of actual quality
>even when that cartoon was lazily drawn and highly inconsistent
>is outraged by any other iteration of the franchise dares to exist
>is fat and probably smells

"Reedunner"
>wants toys that are improved and reimagined

Kill yourself.
>>
>>6497840
How? I never see them bitch the way geewunners bitch and take over an entire thread.
>>
>get tired of all the geewunners and cartoon accuracy fags in /tfg/ and the fact that MPs are going full retard
>decide to branch out into 3P
>the toys are also going full retard, and the threads are somehow even more full of obnoxious geewunners
Yikes.
>>
>>6497421
I don't get G1 or the movies but hey different strokes.
Anyway what I enjoyed about Animated was how different it felt.
I despised it as a kid because it was different from the Transformers I grew up with but when I rewatched it I loved it.
It had a really interesting visual style, likable characters, a unique setting, and a great cast of voice actors.
>>
>>6497856
>>6497861
>>6497875
At this point, I feel like there's almost the same amount of people complaining against geewunners and other cancers and actual Geewunners.
It always ends in
>I complain
>I complain about the people who complain
>they complain back in another insult

every goddamn thread.
>>
File: drift.jpg (28KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
drift.jpg
28KB, 640x435px
>>6497875
i know right
it is honestly why im really considering taking a break from the fandom
it just gets so old being told anything other than g1 is fucking trash.
>>
>>6497574

When they decide they've had enough they sell their accounts for big bux to scammers, because scammers can use the high feedback accounts to rake in as much dosh as possible in a short time before the account gets banned.

tl;dr Don't ever trust chinese sellers on eBay. You WILL get burned, the only question is when.
>>
>>6497875
>>6497901
>>6497902

Ignore it. Don't respond to it and put the fags instigating it on hide. Either way though, it's pretty telling just what the silent majority wants when a prominent 3P flat out says they're not making something because it won't sell because it's not G1.
>>
>>6497926
>it won't sell because it's not G1

I think it's only part of the problem, the Cross Dimension line seems to be doing well and their design are new but Galaxy Meteor is big, expensive and the show he's from is not that popular. I think it's more telling of how much people are willing to spend on a Transformers that isn't a popular design (or G1).

If it had been smaller, around 90 bucks but with the same articulation I'm sure they wouldn't have that much problem.
>>
>>6497936

Well, the most popular 3P companies are likely Fanstoys, MMC, IF, and MT, and they all tend to do the same thing: G1, or IDW inspired figures, and IDW stuff is just CHUG/redone G1. Theres a pretty obvious pattern here of what sells.
>>
>>6497936
>If it had been smaller, around 90 bucks but with the same articulation I'm sure they wouldn't have that much problem.
Pretty much. Not everything needs to be MP size.
What happened to toys being fun and not just huge display pieces?
>>
File: a2.jpg (534KB, 1352x1058px) Image search: [Google]
a2.jpg
534KB, 1352x1058px
>>6497733
>Silver Grinder
In hand pics of him are starting to pop up. Got this on TFW, if you couldn't tell by the shit quality sticker applied OVER the transparent plastic, and the lazy paintjob blobbed all over the mask already.

How the fuck can people pay $200 for a toy and then proceed to so carelessly fuck it up before sticking it on a shelf to gather dust?
>>
>>6497948
>What happened to toys being fun and not just huge display pieces?

Ruined by fags wanting everything to be MORE BIGGER AND HUGENATOR. I mean, we're at the point where we have 2 fucking foot tall Omega Supreme's and shit. Someone should've told these fags years ago 12 inches is as big as anything should get. Shits ridiculous. I have to pass up more figures than I buy because I am not buying some gigantic hunk of shit.
>>
>>6497970
Big toys can be fun. Carnifex and the upcoming six shots from fanstoys and gccreations look fun. Terminus looks super fun and the gimmick of having a toy that big able to bully your decepticons is half the reason to buy him.
>>
>>6497948
>What happened to toys being fun and not just huge display pieces?
MP size is hardly "huge display piece". The thing with transformers is that given the wide range of the size of the character, no matter what scale you make them, there are always going to be characters that should be fuckhuge compared to others

Personally, I just don't care about scale and don't buy massive figures because, yeah, I don't see the point to something 2 feet tall. I'm not even really a fan of combiners for that reason, although Iron Factory seems to be hooking me up.
>>
>>6497990

Yeah, but they're also around the 12 inch mark too. Honestly, things much bigger than that stop being toys and start being makeshift statues as the room to mess around with them grows exponentially greater the bigger something is. Unless you're a millionaire with entire rooms to devote to displaying your FT Omega stomping around on your MP Megs and swatting at your MP Seekers who are held up by giant stands made to go several feet into the air.
>>
>>6498002
>MP size is hardly "huge display piece"

Given the average figure size dwells around 6 inches for pretty much any toy line on the planet, and MP's usually are measured off Optimus' gigantic ass standing at at least 9 inches, yeah, they're HUGE display pieces compared to damn near anything else people collect outside of the odd ones collecting PAK's or 12 inch dolls or similar shit.
>>
>>6498002

Oh, and Goddamn, I hope IF makes all of the combiners. I want an IF Devy and IF Predaking so bad.
>>
>>6497948
>Not everything needs to be MP size.
Agreed. MP need to be MP size though and this is an MP.
>>
>>6497936
Even though I'm not an MPfag I want Galaxy Meteor. Cybertron Starscream was huge for a lot of the show so it makes sense his toy is huge compared to CHUG scale stuff. Plus it looks so damn cool.

The problem is I can't buy ANY more toys for the rest of the year due to space, money and an impending house move. I hope he's obtainable when I can collect again because if so he will be mine.
>>
>>6497945
>MT Cross Dimension
>one of the best selling 3p lines to date
>not g1
>not idw
>100% original designs

Okay
>>
>>6498078

Still falls under the header of G1 redone/CHUG. Optimus is still a red truck, Megs is still a gun (or tank, etc)., and they still look like their respective characters despite being stylized.
>>
>>6498078
More like 100% original redesign.
>>
>>6498078
>>MT Cross Dimension
>>one of the best selling 3p lines to date
source?
>>
Can we leave this particular kind of bickering to the main tfg maybe?

Why dont we discuss what's everyone got on preorder? Or what've you got on the way?
Anyone get any new accessories or effects parts that are particularly good?

I still regret not getting those purple effects parts that one anon found on ebay awhile back, they looked pretty cool.
>>
>>6498099
>Why dont we discuss what's everyone got on preorder? Or what've you got on the way?

I've got a TFC Raging Bull, THS Not-Soundwave, and a FH Feilong. I still need to pick up a Flypro somewhere to complete my trio. Only reason these are still on order is because I'm waiting on those damn TR Deluxes already for the current fucking wave. Been waiting almost 2 months now, this is fucking ridiculous.

I want to see about getting the IF Seekers, starting Poseidon with Thousandkills and maybe the body guy, since I figure limbs will be easier to get ahold of than the body guy. But with still needing Flypro, AND a bunch of other shit I was looking at (SHF Cammy, Revo Vulcanlog's, Assembleborgs, Wolverine, etc) hitting sometime in Dec, I don't have a plan at all as for what to buy and all of it is way outside of my budget if added together.
>>
>>6497601
People who live in countries with monopoly money
>>
>>6498078
>>100% original designs

Not really.
>>
>>6498107
>hitting sometime in Dec

I meant Sept. Oops. September is fucking crazy with the amount of releases from various lines. My wallet is fucked, and I'm a huge poorfag so this makes it even worse.
>>
>>6498107
Damn dude, I wish I had your toy budget.

Currently I've only got MMC's Aero Alpha, and SXS Rodimus on preorder. I'm seriously thinking of getting that IF shockwave too but might wait tll one of the other preorders comes in to keep the shipping costs down.

I'd like to get those IF seekers too but was kinda put off by the paint chipping on Starscream that some were reporting.
>>
>>6497563
What I never got is why HasTak got it so wrong when Jetfire's transformation is really easy.
>>
>>6497574
That's a shame. I wanted to get the KOs of the Bruticus' back-cannons and the hand and feet but I always forget to do it.
>>
>>6498122
>Damn dude, I wish I had your toy budget.

You really don't. I am poor as fuck. That stuff is just stuff I've gotten over time sitting in a bundle waiting to be shipped. I gotta save for a while to get anything, and even then, sometimes by the time I can afford anything it's nowhere to be found. I just usually can afford to sit on some 3P things because unlike other shit (see: any Japanese figure), they'll sit around for a month or two before never being found again, whereas figma/revo/daibadi shit is "buy on release or for 2x the price later on". So I have to make hard choices here and have little money, and I have to always be saving up for the next thing.
>>
File: THS02Convoy.jpg (139KB, 709x512px) Image search: [Google]
THS02Convoy.jpg
139KB, 709x512px
>>6498002
IF hits my wants in the right way, just a lil cartoony for me.
I'd be happy as hell is someone made figures like Hybrid Style but IF might be my source of mini TF joy it seems.
>>
>>6496962
Why does this remind of the Minerva from destiny?
>>
File: IMG_0851.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Finally got this baby in the mail. A hassle to transform at first but rewarding once you get the hang of it.
>>
>>6498262
That itself looks like it should transform.
>>
>>6498429
Do you have problems tabbing the grey part all the tentacle are attached to on his sides in monster mode? The guy is a cakewalk to transform but holy shit, i cant get the top tab to stay in place for the life of me in monster mode.
>>
File: Poseidon order.png (158KB, 987x851px) Image search: [Google]
Poseidon order.png
158KB, 987x851px
Somebody fucking save me from myself, I feel like I'm about to pull the trigger.

Big Iron Factory order last month, now this shit. I can't keep making big purchases like this.
>>
>>6498543
I'll save you Anon! And by that, I mean save you about $140.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Toys-TFC-Poseidon-P-1-2-3-4-5-6-sets-6-Action-Figure-New-instock-/162639533027?hash=item25de1253e3:g:DugAAOSwDKpZmk3V

I got my first five guys here, he's legit.
>>
>>6498590
God damn it you should have posted that like 20 minutes ago.
>>
>>6498596
Maybe it's not too late to cancel? Also, because of his "Save $5 on ever $120 you spend" it brings it down to $480.
>>
>>6498603
Don't see the option on their site. Thanks though, that would have been nice
>>
>>6498615
You could try emailing to support, but either way he'll still be good. And hell, you'll still have Thousandkills sooner than me. I just ordered Quantron from Maketoys, and Yellow Giant the week before from TFS. Gotta make sure I get all my current PayPal credit debt paid I have currently before I incur more on more spending. And as I don't have any tie to the Seacons, they're sitting fine as a set of 5 at the moment.
>>
>>6498081
By that logic animated and the War/Fall of Cybertron games are G1.
>>
File: Read.png (450KB, 491x565px) Image search: [Google]
Read.png
450KB, 491x565px
>>6498684
>falls under the header of CHUG/Redone G1
>>
>>6498590

Oh shit, thats a decent de-

>Chinese seller
>huge exclusions
>no PO Box delivery

Ha ha NOPE.
>>
>>6498691
It's a seller I've ordered from twice, no issues either time for me; one of them being all five available Seacons -- no problems. It's clearly the best deal you can find on the set, but I can understand being hesitant about purchasing.
>>
>>6498691
It's Baba, the guy has been selling on eBay and Taobao for years. Probably one of the most trusted chinese seller ever.
>>
>>6498099
>Why dont we discuss what's everyone got on preorder?
Only the Prime-Stars Hooks for MPM-4.
>Or what've you got on the way?
FT Grinder, KO MP Ratbat and both Shadow Fisher kits for MP Ironhide & Ratchet.

I've almost stopped preordering 3P TF. Too many times I did preorder only to see a better alternative revealed before the release date or to see the figure getting discounted a month or so after the release. Now I wait for the release and see how's the reception before paying full price.
I'm planning to do that with MT Howling Meteor, BC Huff v2 & Piper, DX9 Richthofen and UT Peru Kill.
>>
>>6498822
>no PO Box delivery

Still boned, sadly.
>>
File: 1452829068538.jpg (162KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452829068538.jpg
162KB, 960x720px
>>6498099

I got a second Striker Noir coming because I'm an autistic faggot lmao
>>
>>6498099
>Why dont we discuss what's everyone got on preorder?
I dont really preorder things, at least not 3p stuff, but I do have some stuff on my but list.

Thunder Erebus
5th TFM stunticon
dx9 freeman
MMC Megatron
MMC Drift
Iron Factory Cone Heads
Iron Factory Bruticus
Pretty much anything Iron Factory puts out
I wish Master Made would show some prototypes. Do we even know whats coming now that scoponok is out?

I wish planet X would show some proto types as well, I liked Mors a lot.
>>
>>6496882
I can't fucking wait for that Lockdown. Do we have a definitive release date already?
>>
>>6498262
That fantastic design was wasted on such a bad show.

>>6498471
Well, it sort of "transforms" into re-entry mode by tucking away its wings.
>>
File: 21733963471017_898.jpg (150KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
21733963471017_898.jpg
150KB, 662x800px
>This is a thing
>From KBB
>$10

What is it ripped off from?
Is the original actually a kit rather than a completed product.

Who else in the original (not KBB) line up?
>>
>>6499038

Generations Toys, I think?
>>
>>6498979
>MMC Drift
Are there even pics of that available yet? I feel like we might have seen something but I didn't think it was mmc.
>>
File: mmcalpha.jpg (84KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mmcalpha.jpg
84KB, 1080x1080px
>>6499049
You're probably thinking about their Wing
>>
>>6499038
>Gunpla like transformers
>Now you can enjoy our newest way to play! You can play like the Chinese/Vietnamese sweatshop workers!

Someone should tell Hasbro
>>
>>6496962
I want to see a 3P company make that canceled triple changer Megatron from Animated.
>>
File: 20170814_174901.jpg (3MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_174901.jpg
3MB, 4160x2080px
>>6499038
The GT kit that came with their Devastator.
He's a pain in the ass to build but looks decent enough for my Megatron collection. Some of his pieces don't fit exactly as they should as you assemble him so it requires trimming down pegs or widening holes with a sharp exacto knife.
>>
File: 20170814_174901~2.jpg (1MB, 2080x4160px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_174901~2.jpg
1MB, 2080x4160px
>>6499118
Okay fuck you too mobile.
>>
>>6499120
Neat, does it transform too or is it just a fun little build-a-bot?
>>
>>6498531
I had the same exact problem too.I transformed him back to robot mode and slowly did a walkthrough again and the tab fit perfectly after my second try. I think the legs need to be folded in a little bit more. I would just say go back to robot mode and slowly transform him to monster mode with each step and you should get it to tab. I was about to give up and convinced myself that i got a defective tenta-kill.
>>
>>6498979
>I wish Master Made would show some prototypes. Do we even know whats coming now that scoponok is out?
I wish that they'd show off their stuff too. The only thing that makes sense at this point to release would be Fort Max.
>>
>>6499127
He transforms into a neat little gun. Some of his parts are a little fiddly or tough just because of the nature of the parts and how they either are forcefully fit together or just kinda...snap on loosely.
The kit took me about 3 hours, and I just used spray paint from the hardware store otherwise he's a flat grey plastic with a kind of gaudy, plasticy red. The black was alright but I used a pearl satin coat on top to give him a sparkly, gay look.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (88KB, 1022x739px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
88KB, 1022x739px
>>6498590
So I was loooking through his other stuff, does anyone actually have this Optimus? I completely forgot it existed and I kind of like it. It's got a real bruiser vibe to it.
>>
>>6499198
Is that Prime a kit too like >>6499118
>>6499120
and >>6499038
?
>>
>>6499239
https://tfsource.com/generation-toy/gt-05-leaders-set/
>>
>>6498251
DX9 and Hot Soldiers are better than IF if Hybrid style is what you're looking for
>>
>>6497729
>other high quality figure lines
How about using some examples of shit that aren't primarily of human sized characters
>Macross toys
>Soul of Chogokin
Robot toys that need to have complex transformations are big nigga.
>>
>>6499198
I bought that set and I absolutely love them both. They come pre-assembled, so you can pick them up even if you're not into building kits. Be aware that they're slightly bigger than most Legends-scale figures. I'm fine with it because Prime and Megs being a head taller than Iron Hide and Starscream doesn't bother me. They transform well and the articulation is really solid, especially on Prime.
>>
>>6499346
Robot toys that need to have complex transformations are big nigga.

Or you end up with a floppy mess like the Zeta RG.

>How about using some examples of shit that aren't primarily of human sized characters

This, SRC is a bit smaller than the Datsun's MP, Master Grade Gunpla are taller. But like some anon says there is so much difference is size between Transformers that it's hard to find a scale that satisfies everyone.
>>
And now with "thanks" to KO, Hot Soldiers Soundtrack isn't unnecessarily big with Bridge Watcher.
>>
>>6498251
I'm really digging the look of this guy. The truck modes a but wonky but when it comes to legends scale Primes I guess you don't have much choice.

>>6499392
How does Soundtrack scale with the original Bridge Watcher?
>>
>>6498251
Am I the only one going "What the fuck?" with the truck mode? What happened to the cab?
>>
>>6499392
Eh, I don't really mind SW being a big guy. I'm not going to start a whole new slightly-bigger-than-legends collecction just for Soundwave.

>>6499350
Pics with other legends? I'm heavily considering getting the set now. I really need a good legends Prime.
>>
>>6499397
I only have Bridge Watcher, but as I recall from at least one other, Soundtrack is taller and thicker.
>>
>>6499392
Am I the only guy who wants a voyager scale bridge watcher? I think he would look get at the size, let alone a gun made you could hold.
>>
>>6499671
If his gun hand folds away flush, and the transformation tolerances of his legs are worked out, then I think it would be fine.
>>
>>6499404
Looking like a wreck is a common problem for a lot of modernized G1 Optimuses. MP10 was like the first one to actually give a fuck about making the truck mode look good.
>>
>>6499685
That, and his double knee really needs to lock in some way like their seekers. The second joint always wants to bend before the first on mine and it's really annoying.
>>
>>6499350
Can you post some pics of the prime?
>>
What are some official TF toys would'd like to see reproduced and updated by 3rd party companies?

I'd like to see an upscale Titans Return/Headmaster Windblade, personally.
>>
>>6497549
link to buy this pls?
>>
so what happened to the maketoys galaxy meteor kickstarter that was totally happening today and not just fake drama created by "insiders"
>>
Those weijang or whatever KO's any good? Movie Hound looks nice
>>
>>6500403
Their evasion optimus is downright incredible, and while their hound is also as nice, early production runs of it have fragility issues so either be gentle with one if you get it or make sure you're getting a 2nd production run
>>
>>6499392
Who fucking cares
They steal artwork and shouldn't be supported at all
>>
File: IMG_1113.jpg (619KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1113.jpg
619KB, 663x1000px
>>6500403
It's great but get the second run vers where they fixed the fragility issues
>>
>>6500597
Where can you still buy this guy anyway? He's cleaned out of ebay and wei jiang stuff doesn't show up on regular websites
>>
File: bc64f5c6791070b7.jpg (114KB, 690x976px) Image search: [Google]
bc64f5c6791070b7.jpg
114KB, 690x976px
Hello, /toy/men.
A simple question I have.

Which is better, MMC Hexatron (Clonedroid Sixshot also counts) or DX9 Hanzo?
>>
>>6500639
MMC Hexatron. And Clonedroid Sixshot absolutely does not count, you imbecile fuck.
>>
>>6500678

Chill, dude. I only mentioned that thing because it is an almost exact ripoff of the MMC's mold.
>>
File: 1WhoCares.jpg (55KB, 613x178px) Image search: [Google]
1WhoCares.jpg
55KB, 613x178px
>>6500469
>>
>>6500700

It's missing articulation so it's not as good. Go for MMC's Hexatron.
>>
>>6500607
Sorry dude, bought mine last year so I wouldn't know now
>>
>>6500428
>>6500597

I'm guessing the one I'm looking at is based on last knight (MW-003), doesn't look like that one in the pic, that's gorgeous.
>>
>>6500639
Had Hexatron since near release and I can tell you that Hanzo is the better choice in terms of virtually every aspect.
Hexatron is one of the first complete 3rd party figures, before anyone really learned how to do it right, save maybe Fansproject. It's clunky, none of its modes save for the jet look or feel good, nothing locks in place properly after a few goes between modes, the rachets all go limp after a year and things like 90 degree elbows with massive blocks of kibble getting in the way do nothing to help its poseability.

Hanzo on the other hand is actually competent and something you'd expect from a toy that came out last year. Poseability everywhere is extremely good, nothing is really hindered by anything, all the modes look great and the only real detraction the whole thing has is that they decided to make a much cleaner (if inaccurate) transformation by putting his wheels on the sides of the legs instead of the arms.

Aesthetics are subjective as hell on this but in terms of playability, poseability, stability and general quality of paint and build, Hanzo is way fucking better. The only SixShot that comes close is IF's, and considering the Fanstoys one is apeing Hexatron's violent overuse of greebling, I don't think that's gonna change any time soon.
>>
File: IMG_1114.jpg (553KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1114.jpg
553KB, 663x1000px
>>6500747
Oh you mean the newly released one?
Mines AoE hound by wei jiang
Comes with tons of shit
>>
>>6500758
>It's clunky, none of its modes save for the jet look or feel good, nothing locks in place properly after a few goes between modes, the rachets all go limp after a year

Never had any of these issues with mine.
>>
>>6500761
As much as he impressed me years ago I can't think of another 3rd part release that feels as goddamn boxy and annoying to pose. Everything bumps into something else and getting a believable pose with those horrible elbows and shoulders is fucking awful.

Not to mention he has babyhands.
>>
File: DIKDq-BXYAArR2u.jpg (39KB, 679x367px) Image search: [Google]
DIKDq-BXYAArR2u.jpg
39KB, 679x367px
Rest in Piss, Turds
>>
>>6500804
any more details?
>>
>>6500804
You think them sweatshop ko company give a shit? Fucking naive or just stupid
>>
>>6500804
who is this and why should we believe anything they say?
>>
File: Watsune Miku.jpg (183KB, 640x931px) Image search: [Google]
Watsune Miku.jpg
183KB, 640x931px
>>6500804
>China
>Giving a fuck about dirty capitalist pig-dog C&Ds
>>
File: CanThey.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CanThey.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
>>6500804
>trying to issue C&D's
>in China
>>
>>6500804
I can only see like Tfsource or BBTS getting cease and disist to sell, but even then that's not capitalism
>>
>>6500831
>>6500832
>>6500834
>>6500871
Red leader is the manager of Kapow-Toys. What he's saying isn't that some 3P company got a c&d letter asking them to stop making "fake" Transformers but that he got a c&d letter asking him to stop selling them in his store. This may be the beginning of the end of 3P products being sold by non chinese retailers.
>>
>>6500403
It's great but too small. Alien Attack is making a better one.
>>
>>6500897

Yeah you niggers need to heed this. It means that C&Ds are sent to retailers and if they don't comply the company may pull official stuff. This is why KOs aren't sold in western based shops for fear of retaliation by Hasbro/Takara.
>>
>>6500897
Well shit. My apologies.

Seriously though they'd better fucking not. I mean I can't imagine HasTak'd be stupid enough considering the potential backlash but if they do there will be blood.

>b-but muh IP laws

IP laws as we know them literally only exist because Disney are too Jewish to allow Mickey Mouse to go into the public domain. Fuck IP lawyers, fuck Disney and fuck HasTak.
>>
>>6500929
Hasbro will be unfazed because the people buying their toys will largely not buy 3P, and Takara is probably minimally affected by 3P figures in general. Whats more likely is that more retailers will spring up to just stock 3P stuff.
>>
File: HSIF.jpg (169KB, 558x640px) Image search: [Google]
HSIF.jpg
169KB, 558x640px
>>6498251
further research indicated he scales pretty well with IF City Commander. I'm really starting to warm up to this little guy.
>>
>>6500936

So is there anything to stop 3P sellers from forming online stores that sell 3P only, separate from their normal business, that way they can say "Oh, we don't sell that at all with the business you're associating with" to Hastak and thus avoid any bullshit?
>>
>>6500929
Just because you're mad at Disney does not mean IP laws are a bad thing. I love third party stuff and think they are vastly superior to the official counterparts, but they are breaking the law, and Hasbro and Takara would totally be in their right to stop them from being sold by big online stores.

I do think you massively over-estimate the backlash they would get if they decided to threaten retailers. Hasbro gets far more sales than third parties do. Unless it is a very small specialty store, retailers will drop third party instead of risk what will sell. Majority of fans would still buy Hasbro, unless they only buy third party anyway.
>>
>>6501004
>I do think you massively over-estimate the backlash they would get if they decided to threaten retailers
Probably
>3rd party is mostly small fry these days with regard to sales
From Red leader too.
>>
>>6501004
>Laws which restrict creative freedom and were literally perverted from their original form solely for the sake of one company's greed
>Anything other than a bad thing
Fuck off. If 3P stuff is "breaking the law" then the law needs changing.
>>
Ebay flash sale time again, 15$ off 75 or more with POSTECLIPSE15. Get a cheap combiner limb or something.
>>
File: IMG_0305.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0305.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
As requested, here's a quick scale shot with the Generation Toys Leader set and some random Legends figures I had around.
>>
Go ask Jerry Only if Hasbro gives a shit about IP laws or property theft. Or all the car companies they copy and get away with because "we changed a few minor shapes", Or Mego who they copied the 3 3/4" GI Joe body design from, or Mattel who they copied the 12" GI Joe design from, or anyone else they copied from.

Hasbro only conveniently gets mad at IP theft when it happens to them but are content to do it to others.
>>
File: TF MADLAW Quickswitch.jpg (90KB, 800x506px) Image search: [Google]
TF MADLAW Quickswitch.jpg
90KB, 800x506px
Anyone own MADLAW? I recently got G1 Quickswitch and I ordered this guy a while back.

Dumb Ebay seller forgot to ship it for a whole week despite charging me 15$US in shipping fees. We'll see if I slap his ass with a negative and a refund demand next week...
>>
>>6500834
>>6500871
China, as well as Russia, have both been weirdly leaning towards the whole "protect copyright" angle in recent years. I understand Russia doing it, Putin is a fascist fuck that wants any means to control his people and he gets to coddle rich people in the process. China has been forced into it with other countries pushing hard for strict copyright enforcement, China can either go along or lose trade deals with multiple countries.

Owners of various online toy shores in China have had the police arrest them for the "horrible crime" of selling bootleg toys. Chimungmung stopped carrying KOs because of this.

Yeah folks, enjoy your future where the police are more focused on people who download music or sell bootlegs than they are in drug dealers, rapists, pedophiles or murderers, because Metallica, Nintendo and the MPAA are feeling as if they're a few cents short this week.

>when our president is at least 2 of those, why would they go after those types?
>>
File: gt-5.png (2MB, 1604x1604px) Image search: [Google]
gt-5.png
2MB, 1604x1604px
>>6499198
>dat rifle storage
>>
File: IMG_8023.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8023.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>6501047

Thanks dude, just ordered a TFC Deathclaw, been eyeing him for months. Last time I bought from a flash sale I got scammed (it never shipped, seller shut down, I eventually got my money back)-- hope that doesn't happen this time.

I also noticed, while checking prices for GT Scraper, that you can buy an individual "Green Shadow" one. I'm assuming the seller is just breaking up the set and selling them individually. I hope this happens with the G2 version for the love of god-- I just want that yellow scraper.
>>
>>6501047
Well baba's out of stock of Thousandkills, but there is another highly ranked seller with him, so I may take the plunge on that.
>>
>>6500804
Kapowtoys is a UK based seller, right?

I suppose it's not surprising considering you guys basically have no rights over there.
>>
Won't we still be able to buy 3rd party stuff direct from the manufacturers sites? Like how mmc has Planet Steel Express?
>>
File: jinrai-manus.jpg (711KB, 1563x1042px) Image search: [Google]
jinrai-manus.jpg
711KB, 1563x1042px
I've had PC-16 Jinrai for a couple days, gotta say I love it. It looks like it jumped out of a cartoon, plays like a chunky mainline toy, and poses like a porn star.
>>
File: jinrai-manus-sd.jpg (795KB, 1563x1042px) Image search: [Google]
jinrai-manus-sd.jpg
795KB, 1563x1042px
Also he has a 'cute mode'
>>
File: DFxYqMCVoAQeDHS.jpg (73KB, 1024x572px) Image search: [Google]
DFxYqMCVoAQeDHS.jpg
73KB, 1024x572px
>>6501047
>>6501155
>>6501157
>been waffling on rioter despotron, thunder erebus, and turben for a week now
>hey this'll help
>only ones on ebay are so inflated, they're still more expensive than the normal retailers
>>
>>6501193
Easy enough fix. Just get Megatooth, Fei-Long, and Flypro direct from Fans Hobby and use code 15%OFF4U.
>>
>>6501181

Yep. You'd just have to import things.
>>
>>6501091

Most modes are pants but he's got a fun robot mode that fits in with the aesthetic of FP/MT so he kind of gels well with Cross Dimension.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503787969194.jpg (159KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503787969194.jpg
159KB, 2048x2048px
>A 320mm high (head to toe in combined mode) robot that can be transformed to truck mode & base mode. The core robot is about 240mm high which is the same size as a MP-10! A mini figure that can be transformed to a power generator is included as well.

Well, shit.
>>
>>6501333
Welcome to the Hobby Life (speaking as one surrounded by Monsters).
>>
>>6501333

How big is that in real American inches, not this eurotrash speak?
>>
>>6501358
Full size is 12.5", "mini" figure is just under 9.5". That was hard to look up.
>>
>>6501193
http://maketoys.jp/shop/products/rioter-despotron/
He's still very cheap on the official site.
>>
>>6501157
>Your order was placed. Estimated delivery: Sep 14 – Oct 26. We'll send you an email confirmation soon.

And I already have a race between Quantron and his Shadow Fisher upgrade both shipped out from Hong Kong, the first Priority, the second First Class.

>London Tour

No such plans, CAPTCHA. Not with my current spending habits.
>>
File: its-so-fucking-big-18793684.png (106KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
its-so-fucking-big-18793684.png
106KB, 500x386px
>>6501333
>>6501356

>When u show her ur THICCHOBBY
>>
>>6501333
What's this?
>>
>>6501469
It's a transforming robot.
>>
>>6500760
>Oh you mean the newly released one?

yeah the new one, any word on quality?
>>
>>6501183
too bad the official godbomber is shit.
>>
>>6497549
>>6501183
>>6501184
Okay I seriously need sauce on this Optimus
>>
>>6501554
https://tfsource.com/perfect-effect/pc-16-jinrai-prime/
>>
File: IMG_4173.jpg (660KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4173.jpg
660KB, 1600x1200px
Just got this bad boy.

Look rad but MAN does this thing is stiffer than grandpa who downed the entire bottle of viagra.
>>
File: IMG_4174.jpg (720KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4174.jpg
720KB, 1600x1200px
>>6501574

Display amazingly well with the rest. I also prefer his G1 toy face.
>>
Got Origin Leonidas in; no pictures for now, sorry.

After an hour of fucking around with it, it has all the same issues people reported about Xerxes.

Heavy to the point it falls out of its own base if you pose it with the ab crunch pulled out and bent forward, floppy as shit (e.g. if you gently sway the toy by the chest, the legs sway freely and independently), and overwhelming to pose or play with because of the sheer quantity of small, moving parts that are prone to popping off.

Despite being so heavy and floppy it can't stand on its own half the time, some of the joints are stupid tight - like the shoulders and the upper knee double joints.

It didn't snap on me anywhere, however I feel the midsection is (still) at great risk because it's really light, thinner feeling plastic bearing the weight of way, way too fucking much diecast both above and below.

The only other 3rd party figures I own are Fanstoys Quakewave and MakeToys Rearend - and neither of them feel even remotely as fragile and finicky as this guy.

The paint also looks much, much better in person and the whole toy is a very subtle metallic throughout. But the red is still a far cry from the gaudy and eye-searing candy red of the promo photos.

If the KO's are entirely made of plastic and not disgusting levels of metal, I'd say opt for the KO.

But otherwise this guy is really pretty and serves its purpose of being semi-statueshit I'll change the pose on once in awhile. I don't regret buying it, but YMMV.
>>
>>6501597
Also just to add: Leonidas being a $150 headache made me appreciate the ridiculous brick house that Fanstoys Quakewave is even more than I did already.

I can't wait for their Cyclonus.
>>
>>6501561
God bless you
>>
File: P1040989.jpg (393KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P1040989.jpg
393KB, 810x1080px
Sucks poseidon isn't strong enough to hold the targetmaster team-member very well, then again it might be just mine because my Thousandkill has a shitty combiner joint that needs to be replaced (Hopefully the place I got it from can help, anyone ever work with TFONESIXTH?)

Overall though it's a great combiner and set. Everything is solid save for thousandkills combiner joint, and the bonus parts you get that make a stand can work as sort of a floating side-arm for Poseidon with the targetmaster anyway.

Solid 8.5/10 for the combined form. Higher if Thousandkills combiner port was better, making it 9, and if he can support the targetmaster after that is fixed easily EASILY a 10/10.

The best part about the set imo is that each figure is worthy of being a standalone because they just look and play so damn good.
>>
>>6501597
>Origin Leonidas
mine is en route, I had already planned to get some pledge for those joints after reading reviews. Shame it needs extra attention but good lord is it beautiful
>>
>>6501091
Let me guess; you're from the US.
>>
File: 1373604174230.jpg (316KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1373604174230.jpg
316KB, 621x621px
>>6501183
That Maketoys Optimus looks so shitty. Jesus christ.
>>
>>6501091
>>6501733
As an ebay seller I can tell you that of all the countries I've had to deal with the US has the most entitled and annoying ones. It was getting such a hassle to deal with them that currently it's the only country I don't ship to even though it was about 10% of my volume.
>>
>>6501748
*ones=buyers
>>
>>6501748

Most shit in the US ships within a day or two unless the order falls on the weekend. So people here are used to getting their shit fast. Waiting a week before shipping just isn't acceptable.
>>
>>6497729
>Nobody wants a giant literal who version of starscream when all of the giant shit they already own belongs to G1
I do. End of story.
>>
>>6498109
Titans are a fucking rip-off in my country, but they're still not $600. Literally what.
>>
>>6499069
They're doing Drift from the same mould (called Beta, if I remember correctly). They just decided to make Wing (Alpha) first.
>>
>>6501597
Hahaha, I can't believe people bothered with this after the first version sucked so hard.
>>
>>6501358
>How big is that in real American inches, not this eurotrash speak?
Metric system is superior. That's why it replaced Imperial. get with the times.
>>
>>6501860
I hope Alpha actually releases on time but I doubt it.
>>
>>6501741
It's not my cup of tea but a ton of people like it, so, you know... To each their own, anon.
>>
>>6501864
Has MMC ever released anything on time?
>>
>>6502000
Holy shit delet this thread already, it's from fuckin wed 2016
>>
>>6501358
About 6 bigmacs
>>
File: 21733963570231_436.jpg (213KB, 750x720px) Image search: [Google]
21733963570231_436.jpg
213KB, 750x720px
Is KBB any good?

They seem to be making classic figure (THAT HASBRO WILL NEVER RELEASE AGAIN) KO
>>
>>6502084
I havent heard of them before but Im interested in that Drift.
>>
>>6502084
The MP10 knock off is good. I had no idea they made this.
>>
>>6501863
>replaced

Not in the US, bub.
>>
Thicc Hobby super mega op prime up for pre-order direct. $178, but lower if you use one of their coupons.
>>
>>6502399
>around Carnifex in price and size
>this also means he'll scale relatively favorably with most CW combiners, being about a foot in height, and PMP was around combiner size along with Star Saber, Liokaiser, etc

When's he due out?
>>
>>6502402
Shipping to start end of October.
>>
File: P M O P.jpg (153KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
P M O P.jpg
153KB, 1500x1500px
>>6502399
>>6502402
Oh boy.
>>
>>6502084
It's basically the same company as Jei Wiang who does the over sized knock offs that everyone loves.
>>
File: 2008-06-24_085933.jpg (4KB, 148x79px) Image search: [Google]
2008-06-24_085933.jpg
4KB, 148x79px
>>6501733

No. Canadian here and the seller is also Canadian. Our postage is expensive as fuck, yes, but it's also quick.

I bought a mother fucking G1 Scorponock from a fellow Canadian and for less than 20$CAN of shipping, the thing came in 3 days.

No, that MADLAW fucker just "forgot to send it because he was busy with his sister's wedding" or some shit.
>>
File: Straxusaltmode.jpg (65KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
Straxusaltmode.jpg
65KB, 500x344px
>>6496962

I want an original alt mode Straxus.
>>
>>6502515
The perspective on that thing is so fucked I can't even tell which was is up.
>>
>>6497601

Presumably the same kind of people who spent $600 on a Maketoys Giant. Or was it the other one?

>>6497686

The Generations one was good.

>>6501358

You people. God. Seriously.
>>
>>6502516

See a doctor, anon, because I don't see the problem.
>>
>>6496962
I want a third party Lugnut and Animated Bliztwing
>>
What are so good 3rd party military vehicle bots? Tanks, artillery and attack helicopters are some of my favorite things, who makes stuff that fits that bill.
>>
File: TF Hound WeiJiang Robot Force.jpg (440KB, 1024x1152px) Image search: [Google]
TF Hound WeiJiang Robot Force.jpg
440KB, 1024x1152px
>>6502594

Weijiang's version of AoE Hound will fit the bill perfectly. There's no more military than this.
>>
>>6502596
Looks nice but I'm not a big fan of the movie style, more of an IDW guy, got anything from the comics?
>>
File: TF HftD Leader Starscream.jpg (99KB, 524x700px) Image search: [Google]
TF HftD Leader Starscream.jpg
99KB, 524x700px
>>6502600

In my humble opinion, that's more classic looking than movie style. Pic related IS true Bay style.
>>
File: cosmos.jpg (789KB, 1000x1265px) Image search: [Google]
cosmos.jpg
789KB, 1000x1265px
>two perfect modes
>transformation isn't a clusterfuck of micro-panels
>doesn't crumble in your hands

Funny that XTB is apparently trying to salvage their reputation instead of just rebranding like other companies have done in the past. That being said I do want this.
>>
File: ut-brawl.jpg (501KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ut-brawl.jpg
501KB, 1200x1200px
>>6502594
This is part of combiner but looks like a solid standalone figure if "military vehicle" is what you're after.
>>
>>6502674
I feel like XTB wasn't even doing that bad. It's usually just complex transformations with one or two problematic steps that would bring their stuff down. Nothing like exploding in your hands or whatever.
>>
Has anyone here ordered from Action Robo? I'm thinking of ordering their IF Bruticus.
>>
>>6501851
Cool, you want to order 300 copies just for yourself? Cause thats the only way your autistic ass is gonna make a difference
>>
>>6502674
So I have Wardog, I would like this version of Cosmos, do I get Toy World's Seaspray to round out the 'chunky' mini bots?
>>
>>6502674
Shame that I think G1 Cosmos looks like a fat turd. I think I'd rather just have an upscaled KO of the Hasbro legends class one.
>>
>>6502713
I just did, based on recommendations that I get the Shadow Fisher upgrade to Quantron. So all I know is it's on the way.
>>
Just got my PC-16 Jinrai Prime and I'm having issues transforming him. I can't get his legs to line up properly for vehicle mode, the back wheels always end up much lower than the front wheels and the hip flaps can't connect to the front. Is this a design flaw or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>6502961
the entire waist piece slides up a tiny bit on a really stiff joint
>>
>>6502712
well their plastic is often excessively thin and brittle feeling. Like the shell on Andras is really light and thin feeling, just doesn't seem durable enough to fall a foot off a shelf.
>>
>>6503006
That does it, thanks
>>
>>6502712
My issue with xtransbots is that their stuff often looks good but when in hand it's gives me that meh feeling. It's probably mostly the finish; cheap plastic and lacking paint to give it presence.
>>
>>6502084
The entire central car parts are die cast, (folding hood parts, chest roof and center of heels)
>>
>>6502266
And that's my point - the US is behind on that front.
>>
>>6502733
No, but there are plenty of other people who want it. What the fuck is wrong with you people telling others what they can and can't have? Just because you don't want a figure, that doesn't mean others don't.

Get off your high horse, faggot.
>>
>>6502527
But Giant cost more than Hasbro's Titan Class figures, full stop.
>>
File: disapproving kobe.gif (3MB, 280x170px) Image search: [Google]
disapproving kobe.gif
3MB, 280x170px
>>6503103
>Putting diecast on the shoulders
>Shoulders that extend way out behind the figure
>That are connected by balljoints

Would it kill them to just use plastic? is it really that much cheaper to make additional molds and paint diecast parts?
>>
>>6503194
muh heft tho
>>
>>6502527
>MakeToys Giant
>$600
Try half. At release.
>>
>>6503194
I like diecast but this is definitely a dumb decision.
>>
>>6503194
it might work if they do the same as the OS skull cruncher hips, making them into a good friction universal joint system.
>>
>>6496882
>years ago
>finally gather up the price of MP Grimlock
>buy him
>few months after, the oversized version comes out - everyone praises it, finally a correct sized Grimlock
>buy MP10 after
>MPP10 comes out even bigger
I only have a few MPs, but I already can't find enough space for them... and I don't even have the oversized versions.
I can't put them on the same shelf as all my G1 stuff or my TR stuff because it looks stupid.
>>
>>6503290
My decades-old collection of official and unofficial Transformers says hi, you stupid troll.
>>
>>6503290
>fake-ass bandwagon fucks are going to spend hundreds of dollars on the kind of obscure nobody or highly-specialized characters that 3P is all about
I don't think so, Tim. If anything, fake-ass bandwagon fucks are going to just buy retail shit or hop on Amazon or BBTS and pay some slightly-inflated prices for actual MPs, or just unwittingly buy the KOs.

Who are these people, though? Who is trying that hard to seem like they're a part of this awful fandom? At this point in my life, I've realized that being a Transformers fan is more like a horrible burden or a disease. Nobody WANTS to have it.
>>
>>6503255
Man, that figure is sooo good! I'm legit excited for what they'll copy next! Hope they'll do an OS version for the voyagers and the leaders too! That'd be so awesome!
>>
>>6503290
t. hastakcuck
>>
File: 1452558083377.jpg (796KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452558083377.jpg
796KB, 1920x1080px
What stands or action bases can I use for Striker edgelord and his Cross Dimension pals?
>>
File: 729201702923.jpg (187KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
729201702923.jpg
187KB, 800x800px
I know these were basically some of the worst figures ever made, but I still kind of find them stupidly endearing and get one out to mess with every now and then. Even more endearing since they were dirt cheap on clearance.

I also did like a two second mod to give him weapon storage, which I can't believe it didn't originally have.
>>
File: optimus-prime-g2-with-guns[1].jpg (408KB, 1022x1000px) Image search: [Google]
optimus-prime-g2-with-guns[1].jpg
408KB, 1022x1000px
>>6504407
"G1 toy with Articulation" is certainly a novel idea, but yeah it's no surprise the novelty wore off nearly instantly. It's kind of cool seeing it executed at least once, though.

On a related tangent, I still hope that some day an Optimus based off the G1 toy's design gets made with modern engineering, detail and articulation. I saw a really cool fanart rendition of what that could look like (could never find that picture again though) and ever since that's been like my dream toy to have
>>
>>6504407
What the fuck is this? I want one!
>>
How's Ordin as a combiner?
>>
>>6504631
Search "Impossible Toys" on BBTS.
>>
>>6503315
If they did a galvatron with a fixed head and arm cannon, or a bigger sentinel prime, or a modified chromedome so the kibble collapses into the legs more (making him sleeker) i would chase after them, but so far the animalcons and hardhead/brainstorm/highbrow seem to be their goal.
>>
Any opinions on ToyWorld's WaveBreak? Or him versus Spin Drift? Thinking of picking up him and Richtofen.
>>
>>6504653

Very proportionate and combined is their strongest mode. Ankles tend to slip easily on some surfaces and the way the hips move for transformation hurts his stability somewhat since it's just a friction joint. The legs are extremely hard to get out once combined and might need modification so it isn't such a piece of shit. Bits of kibble eventually come loose on the robots and flop around. The head articulation is terribly lackluster. You might also need to take apart Hun-Gurr's legs to replace the faulty original ratchets and cut a spring so he can actually extend his legs again.
>>
File: 20170829_101420~2.jpg (2MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170829_101420~2.jpg
2MB, 4160x2080px
@ anon who suggested these little dudes, thanks. I love my new Sharkticon trio.
>>
File: 7162017115348.jpg (163KB, 800x505px) Image search: [Google]
7162017115348.jpg
163KB, 800x505px
>>6504796
They look great in a swarm.
>>
File: ruh oh.png (67KB, 1618x470px) Image search: [Google]
ruh oh.png
67KB, 1618x470px
From the owner of Kapow toys. Word is in the rumor mill a C&D was issued to FT also because of their Hotrod and Arcee.
>>
>>6504653
Worse than the POTP one.
>>
>>6505271
It's probably because of all the oversized knock-offs they carried.Hasbro doesn't seem to care unless it's straight up using their molds. Same thing happened to IGear for their undersized KO seekers and Primes.
>>
>>
File: P_20170830_093349.jpg (2MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170830_093349.jpg
2MB, 2304x4096px
The Kubianbao Walteataon is in.

The parts look fine. Almost no flashes so I not sure whether they redid the design or just copied the original GT version through recasting recasting. I would think if it is just a recast it would have plenty of flashed around the parts.

No flashes, but there plenty of pieces falling off from the runner even in bag.
>>
File: P_20170830_092800.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170830_092800.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
Will be cleaning the parts like the thing is a plastic model kits.

What should I expect?
>>
>>6505271
>>6505289
Supposedly people with "insiders" confirmed that the store did get C&Ds, but not for FT, just movie based bots, not sure if they're the Dino and Lockdown 3Ps or the MPM KOs
>>
>>6505397
>>6505405
You should expect to keep taking pictures.
>>
>>6505271
That's old news dude.
>>
NEW THREAD >>6505508
NEW THREAD >>6505508
NEW THREAD >>6505508
NEW THREAD >>6505508
NEW THREAD >>6505508
>>
>>6504407
Fuck me, thanks anon! I always wished my bumblebee from this line had weapon storage, but didn't have any good ideas for a solution.

I also love these cheap-o little dudes, they remind me of toys I would get at candy/junk stores on summer vacation
>>
>>6505407
Probably the KOs.
>>
Hello anon, would you be kind enough to reshare the Fans Hobby page coupons?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.