[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>haven't bought a single toy all year >sudden urge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1490151366807.jpg (2MB, 1391x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490151366807.jpg
2MB, 1391x1080px
>haven't bought a single toy all year
>sudden urge to spend $1200 on several toys

Is this what drug addicts feel like?
>>
Yes. What are you buying stranger?
>>
>>6485547
Namely Hot toys and paying slowpoke tax on a statueshit i've been wanting for years that finally popped up for a so-so price.
>>
>>6485540
I know this feel. Last month I spent $110 on a couple of figmas. I knew I shouldn't have. I needed that money for food.

Spent a couple of weeks eating ramen at my cousins place.
>>
>>6485540
I feel you.

I didn't have anything coming out this month in my preorders, and my life feels empty (to the point I'm tempted to buy stuff I don't even like so much to fill that gap).

And for the amount of money I'm putting into toys, the time I spend actually enjoying them is too little.
Part of my problem is that my house is too small, and I'm waiting for next year to move.
>>
>>6485623
>I'm tempted to buy stuff I don't even like so much to fill that gap).
I went through that phase. Everything i bought from it is in the closet and not on display now, so i can't recommend.
>>
>>6485753
I'm in a similar situation, except I buy things I like. I just like so much stuff that I have a lot of it, and not enough space to display it all.

I have Toku figuarts, Marvel Legends, various Transformers, and a lot of Star Wars and G.I. Joe figures and vehicles all in my closet in bins.

Sometimes I think about purging more things (I recently purged almost half my possessions during a move) but part of me worries that I'll suddenly miss owning something that I got rid of.
>>
>>6485785
The only stuff i've regretted selling is stuff that ended up being worth way more in the future. i've regretted buying stuff, mostly, that dipped in value since i could have gotten it cheap. hindsight bias.
>>
>>6485540
>Cut down on toy buying from half a dozen figures a month or so to one or two every couple of months
>Toy prices go up two or three times as much as they used to

I don't even know if I'm spending less than I used to or not...
>>
>>6485592
>I needed that money for food.
kek. yup I'm right in the grip of it atm.
>>
>>6485847
Yeah I stopped collecting any kind of JP figure because of that. They took advantage of the yen dip and raised prices like crazy. Now the yen is strong again and the japs of course didn't bother to lower it. One needs only check MFC for earlier years of the same line to know how badly they're getting gyped.
>>
>>6485822
Monetary value is rarely ever the case of my regret. In fact, most of the stuff I recently purged I gave away to people or donated. But, for example, I sold my Marvel Legends Beast and now I regret it, as it was actually one of the best figures to come out of that line. But the reason I sold it is because, like most of my Marvel Legends stuff right now, it was in a bin in my closet not being used. I basically cut my collection down to my favorite characters and villians.
>>
>>6485847
Are you me? I've been buying less toys for the past few months now but the rising prices make it seem as if I'm simply spending the same amount of cash as I did before.
>>
I'm moving into an apartment next month that I can barely afford, but I keep pre-ording figures.
>>
"Plastic crack" isn't a joke.
>>
File: must do it.png (513KB, 590x524px) Image search: [Google]
must do it.png
513KB, 590x524px
>spend month of july with family
>didn't get anything
>get back home in august
>been buying shit nonstop this past week
>>
>Want to stop buying figures
>Don't want to pay absurd prices in the future because I don't buy them on release
>Need to get my finances in order so I can move out and get an apartment with my GF
>Every month my Amiami purchases are $200+
>Spend the rest of my money for Uni
>I'll never move out and be a responsible adult at this pace

Just.
>>
>>6486756
I feel this.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-18-14-24-54.png (141KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-18-14-24-54.png
141KB, 540x960px
>>6485540
know that feel... bought all above this week... fuck it, I bust my ass so might aswell.
>>
>>6486756
>>6486803
It sort of helped me to realize that buying toys was a stress outlet, which was connected to a larger problem (not doing anything with my life)

Once i fixed that i stopped spending anything on toys, but i still get urges.
>>
>>6488979
Then why are you still here?
>>
>>6485540
>been away from this place for 6 months
>content with my large collection as is
>get urge to visit /toy/ just to look
>see all the stuff Ive missed
>intense urge to buy
>spend 150 on capeshit I missed out on
>spend 250 on Mythic Legions pre order
>starting to eye amiami
Help me

I was fine and content in my time away. Why is it flooding back the urges are so powerful
>>
>>6488984
To make this thread
>>
>>6485592
>Last month I spent $110 on a couple of figmas.

So you bought one whole figma and a 10th of another figma? Did your GSM overlords bless you with such extravagant features as "a single pair of extra hands" and "a single extra faceplate"?
>>
>>6489274
lmao what
>>
File: ReallyYouDidNotGetIt.png (55KB, 600x570px) Image search: [Google]
ReallyYouDidNotGetIt.png
55KB, 600x570px
>>6489680

Figma prices have skyrocketed and they now barely come with any accessories.

ThatsTheJoke.jpg
>>
>>6489799
Autism bad-joke.
>>
>>6489799
source: your ass
>>
File: 20170821_002133.png (321KB, 1142x667px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_002133.png
321KB, 1142x667px
>>6486245
>plastic crack
Indeed.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.