[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't figma released any jojo figures? I think they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

File: 283092.jpg (54KB, 500x844px) Image search: [Google]
283092.jpg
54KB, 500x844px
Why hasn't figma released any jojo figures? I think they would sell really well

I really need them jojo figures

>And dont give me that medico's shit, figures look waaay different from the manga and i hate those giraffe ass necks
>>
Jonathan joestar is the most underrated jojo
>>
File: figma_jojo.jpg (37KB, 428x640px) Image search: [Google]
figma_jojo.jpg
37KB, 428x640px
>>6440372
They made a Jonathan Prototype a million years ago but never bothered releasing it
>>
>>6440388
Why tho?

They could make a lot of money off this shit
>>
>>6440388
Wow that looks like shit
>>
>Jojo
>Figma

m8 I think you'll find figuarts would better serve
>>
>wanting something that isn't moe schoolgirl shit or flavor of the week normie trash from figma in 2017
>not wanting medicos godlike Jojo collection
>claiming "giraffe ass necks" doesn't fit the art style of early parts
>>
what would be the point
literally every character you could want is covered by SAS, anyone into Jojo has a shitton of them, no one's gonna start a new collection
>>
Potential licensing reasons aside, Figma tends to make slender and/or armored characters. Other than that, Medicos has covered so many characters, I dunno how well similar figures of another brand would go over with consumers.
>>
>>6440762
medicos already betrayed all of their consumers.
>>
It'd be nice if a good company would make Jojo figures
>>
>>6440802
It would be nice if Medicos was consistent with their releases
Their are pretty much dead to me when they release the SBR shit I want
Which will be in like 20 years and only exclusive to Heaven at this rate
>>
>>6440575
>Calling figma normie trash
>While liking normie trash
I won't argue thar most figma IPs are normie trash but don't kid yourself, JoJo shit is just as normie and trash you fag.
>>
>>6441225
>Jojo
>normie
Bait confirmed.
>>
>>6441253
This would've been bait back in 2009, when the Medicos line first came out. But now, JJBA is fucking super-normie. In 2004, people laughed at WRYYYYYYYYY even if they only knew it from those jap stick figure flash animations, but now everyone is a meme-spouting "IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE?!" faggot. The tiny fandom used to be good, just like Medicos used to be good. Now they're both garbage.
>>
>>6441257
What exactly is so horrible about the medicos now?
>>
File: tamami.jpg (104KB, 778x379px) Image search: [Google]
tamami.jpg
104KB, 778x379px
>>6440372
The Medicos line really hit it's peak of quality around the time they were working on part 6 and young Joseph IMO. That shit is fire, way higher quality sculpts than your average figma btw I collect both SAS and Figmas, so I'm not biased here. I will admit part 3 and 4 look like ass, not including most stands like Killer Queen and The Hand.

And complaining about the characters likeness, for a manga like Jojo, what can you really expect? Araki's style is famously inconsistent, or constantly evolving.
>>
File: 921131JojosZeppeli.jpg (861KB, 3000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
921131JojosZeppeli.jpg
861KB, 3000x1200px
>>6440762
>Figma tends to make slender and/or armored characters
say no more
>>
File: 1474077815706.png (15KB, 186x216px) Image search: [Google]
1474077815706.png
15KB, 186x216px
>>6440575
>medicos
>godlike
>>
>>6441554
blacks pls go
>>
>>6441268
You obviously don't frequent the general much or seen the quality of some of their recent if you don't know why Medicos is considered shit
>>
File: JOJOSAS23.jpg (3MB, 2976x3358px) Image search: [Google]
JOJOSAS23.jpg
3MB, 2976x3358px
Medicos is good
>>
>>6444294
why the fuck do they want to charge me 60 dollars for a rohan, fuck that shit
>>
My only problem with medicos they don't give me much new material to buy for my stand collection. Can't give two fucks about the users. I had like one new addition for a year or even more. ... The threads are unreadable since 2013 I think
>>
>>6441257
>JJBA is fucking super-normie
no, it did reach fotm normalshit status for a little while with le epic memes like you said but a lot of the popularity has died down recently. not entirely sure if the toonami dub is going to spike the animeonly cancer phenomenon again.
>>
>>6440802
>>6440874
>great line for the first six Parts, only big gap is FF
>fucking trash fuck medicos
No one would ever do all the characters they did.
>inb4 they're shit!!
They're not
>>
>>6444294
>Medicos is good
Does say that in the SAS thread right now.
>>
>>6456791
Medicos might barely be a shadow of its former self, but at least they're still getting toys. I'd pay 8k for a fig of several chars even if they were Gyro quality.
>>
>>6440412
That's why they didn't release it sherlock.
>>
>>6440575
Stop trying to justify your shit collection kek.
>>
>>6444306
What japanese figures are you buying that are cheaper on average than $60?
>>
>>6470700
Almost every figuarts?
>>
>all these Medicos fans pretending like Medicos is the only one who can do JoJo
Back when Medicos was at it's peak they were producing stuff that no other company could at the time. The level of sculpt and shading they were pulling off was AMAZING for a Japanese line. The articulation left a little more to be desired but was decent.

In today's market though? Max Factory or Bandai could do JoJo justice. Bandai would pull out all the stops and make them ultra articulated with decent enough faces. Max Factory would nail the likenesses because they are the king of anime faces right now. Compare figma from 4-5 years ago to figma today and it's amazing how they consistently nail the looks now. Before they used to do generic -but best at the time- faces that didn't quite capture the characters perfectly.

The >>6440388 abomination would never happen under current figma standards.

If Medicos keeps removing shading (does Gyro even have any?), fucking up faces (eyes looking up despite proto having them looking forward) and raising prices there is no reason to keep supporting them. The recent RWBY looks shitty too and is like 9k yen.
>>
File: 1327802855440.jpg (37KB, 380x410px) Image search: [Google]
1327802855440.jpg
37KB, 380x410px
>>6472983
>Max Factory could nail JoJo faces
>can't even get Umi Ryuuzaki's face to replicate Clamp's style
>>
>>6472983
I agree with what you said about Medicos' quality going down and prices going up.

But to claim that this isn't the case for Bandai and MF as well? All three have been going down the pan as of the last few years. Bandai has been getting worse for a number of years, MF has started to take a dive as of a year or two ago, and now Medicos is merely catching up.
>>
>>6473170
This is so true and depressing.
>>
>>6472963
That's because most Figuarts come with two pairs of hands and maybe an extra faceplate if you're lucky. Oh, and no paint shading except for heavily concentrated around the crotch.
>>
>>6473491
>moving the goal post
>>
>>6473491
>That's because most Figma come with two pairs of hands and maybe an extra faceplate if you're lucky. Oh, and no paint shading except for heavily concentrated around the crotch.
>>
File: 1502363261374.jpg (214KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502363261374.jpg
214KB, 768x1024px
>>6473491
Look how wrong you are
>>
File: 02-contents.jpg (201KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
02-contents.jpg
201KB, 900x1200px
>>6474771
I'll admit I've only bought DBZ figuarts lately, but have been really disappointed by lack of hands.
I've been so disappointed by Beerus and Trunks that I haven't bothered to buy any more.
>>
>>6474917
Well you can find that Trunks for like 30 bucks now too, and the alt head is nice. SS Vegeta came with a ton of hands and the crossed arms, though I would have preferred a base form head. Still no excuse for no one coming with ki blast effects anymore.
>>
>>6474917
>judging the whole line of figures by what are objectively considered to be the worst ones still coming out
at least point out kinnikuman if you're gonna bitch about bad accessory count
>>
>>6474940
>objectively the worst
That's going a bit far. Awakening Goku is bang for buck probably one of the best figuarts.

On the main topic, I still prefer medicos even with how garbage Gyro appears to be. GSC recent offerings have just been pitiful, they absolutely refuse to put any effort in stuff that isn't a fate/Miku/moeshit rehash.
>>
I feel like today's revoltech/vulcanlog could make decent JoJo's.
>>
>>6474974
>bang for buck probably one of the best figuarts
That's only because it's incredibly cheap for what it is, though. Kamen Rider always gets first dibsies on new SHF tech and Kinnikuman does "big beefy boys" better than any DBZ Figuarts.
>>
>>6475013
>incredibly cheap for what it is
That is what "best bang for your buck" usually means yes. The Kinnikuman stuff is great but I wish Suguru himself was a bit "stockier" if that makes sense. His face plates are pretty lacking too, can't believe he doesn't have any silly ones.
>>
>>6473170
>RD ANIME line shits on literally every other toy line in the same price bracket and are the apex of normal RDs
Most Japanese stuff is still better than western stuff by far at least. The quality door some brands definitely has fallen though
>>
>>6472983
>The recent RWBY looks shitty too and is like 9k yen.
Do you think it'll sell well?
I kinda want it, but not 9kY want it.
>>
>>6475260
If past merch is to go by, Ruby will sell well while Weiss, Blake and Yang will clog up storage space and still won't sell out even after multiple sales throughout the year.
>>
>>6456770
>Main characters plus villain
>NO ONE WOULD EVER DO ALL THE CHARACTERS THEY DID!!!
>>
>>6440388
This looks like it was inspired by that Phantom Blood OVA that was never released. The shading is not my thing though and his face looks off, but I don't own any figmas, so I can't say much desu. I prefer the WF Jonathan from Medicos, and I think they've done mostly a good job with JoJo despite the unfortunate recent downgrades + higher prices + cheaper materials.

However, I would've loved to see nendoroid versions of JoJo, but I'll definitely get shit for that.
>>
>>6476962
There's the Di molto bene stuff
>>
>>6475036
Legit question, what makes the RD Anime stuff better? I own a few RD and think they are ok but nothing spectacular, more the case that I own them just to have the mech in figure form.

I passed on RD Anime because I figured it was just your average RD with a different branding. Is there something about them that makes them much better? You've piqued my interest.
>>
>>6476638
yeah, it's pretty crazy, isn't it? How many other manga lines you see get so many figures, aside from DBZ? Maybe Kinnikuman is getting there, but that's a very recent thing. Medicos has made around 60, not counting recolors and special edition shit.

The other big/popular/famous shonen - one piece, naruto, bleach, yugioh, baki, HxH, HnK, FMA, etc - have nowhere near that level of support.
>>
>>6444978
It's literally normie shit. Everyone who watches anime has heard of it, even on my third world shithole. I'm sick of all those faggots that overlap with the ironic memes type like We Are Number One, etc. The internet's fucking flooded with it.
>>
File: IMG_3680.jpg (67KB, 630x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3680.jpg
67KB, 630x344px
>>6481689

> How dare other people enjoy things that I don't!
>>
>>6440412
It looks better than the SAS Jonathan
>>
>>6473170
Eh, I'd say that Bandai's just become less consistent with their quality. For some reason, there are still series of Figuarts (Kinnikuman, Street Fighter, the SSH Riders, etc.) that are up to the old standards, but once you look past that, it's a bit of a crapshoot.
>>
>>6440783
If you're talking about that Gyro figure and The Baoh figure, I agree, they fucked up massively and I can't really trust them with new figures at that point. I recently got the Star Platinum (third) and Kars figures for cheap so I'l just keep buying old stuff till they release a figure that isn't Gyro-tier trash.
Hopefully Johnny will be a decent figure but I'm not picking it up near it's release.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.