[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 86

File: 1498824761127.jpg (71KB, 1009x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498824761127.jpg
71KB, 1009x720px
Start here.

Twin Twist is good.
Misfire is awesome.
Windblade is an easy pass.
Overlord is decent.
>>
File: 1496295200061.jpg (88KB, 493x637px) Image search: [Google]
1496295200061.jpg
88KB, 493x637px
>>6426818
>mfw a certain toy is perfect but no waist swivel
>>
>>6426818
New trypticon is God
>>
>>6426828
Except for his hips
>>
>>6426818
There's a thread at the reprolabels fb page about Topspin's misassembled legs.
Any of you guys have topspin with bad legs?
>>
>>6426834
Nope, mine's good.
>>
>>6426834
>>
>>6426844
Supposedly the bad knees can't bend as well as the correct knees but transformation is not effected.
>>
>>6426846
>>6426844
>>6426834

>Hasbrofags will defend this
>>
File: bonre.jpg (23KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
bonre.jpg
23KB, 600x400px
>>6426818
but overlord has ankle tilts. clearly that makes him a perfect figure.
honestly though when i realized most of the TR leaders DID have ankle tilts it made my interest skyrocket. makes it feel like they're actually engineered instead of having just the bare essentials. definately considering picking up blaster and overlord if i find them cheap.
>>
Just got my set of Cloudraker and Wingspan.

Very intricate legends compared to fastlane.
>>
>>6426827
It's not perfect then, is it, numbnut?
>>
>>6426844
What are the chances of Takara releasing this mold just so I can avoid this headache? Seems like they might be done with TR, especially since Topspin wasn't in the cartoon at all
>>
>>6426851
>takaracucks will defend this when the legends release comes
>>
>>6426868
>What are the chances of Takara releasing this mold just so I can avoid this headache?
Same factories, so it'll probably have the same error
>>
>>6426844
>>6426846
It's obviously assembled backwards/the wrong legs.
Hope you guys are comfortable pushing out pins
>>
>>6426827
Are there any recent voyagers with waist swivels? I can only think of Optimus and Hound from TLK, nothing from TR.
>>
>>6426884
This is why 3rd party collectibles will always be better than your manbaby playskool shit toys.
>>
>>6426553
Oh my, this pic alone won me over, guess I'm finally getting a CHUG dinobot team after all. A pity they look so tiny in comparison to the others but still, these will probably look very good together with smaller figures to scale them up.
>>
>>6426891
Problem is that it's not just a pin. The other side has a rivet head.
>>
>>6426891
>>6426887
Takara fucked up most of Blackrachnias and Astrotrains out there, I had to push the pin out of BA to fix her.
>>
>>6426844
>>6426868
>>6426891
This looks like something you should be able to see in the package at he store, or no?
>>
>>6426909
Yes. It's something to look out for.
>>
File: 1500225569891.jpg (229KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1500225569891.jpg
229KB, 1536x2048px
>>6426899
Except now even turd parties are drinking the geewun kool-aid and making overpriced figures with no details at all because "muh korean animation".

Time to abandon this franchise. It's pretty bad when the retail stuff has more detail than the collector stuff.
>>
>>6426914
Good thing diaclone is making a comeback.
>>
>>6426917
It's weird, but while I love the Japanese Headmaster concept, I have zero interest in piloted mechs.
>>
>>6426902
The center one is scout class sized. About half the size of a deluxe. Also, the other 4 are just springloaded drones that turn into arms or legs.
>>
File: iyq0s2.png (2MB, 1511x1068px) Image search: [Google]
iyq0s2.png
2MB, 1511x1068px
>>6426914
>turd parties are drinking the geewun kool-aid
Really weird how these designs got green light after all the hate MP Ironhide, Inferno and Megs get for their cartoon accuracy.
>>
File: file.png (712KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
712KB, 960x720px
TR Blurr looks pretty nice, I'd get him if he came with the targetmaster. But I certainly won't buy him and Doublecross just to have him like that.
>>
>>6426948
I know, PCCs never really interested me back in the day but those look great next to Classics / Henkei Grimlock.
>>
>>6426977
>hate
A vocal minority. Especially the ones who actually didn't buy them. Way more people loved the designs, or hated the but still bought them.
>>
>>6426977
That doesn't even look that bad, maybe that's beacuse I still have the sour taste of cw menasor in my mouth.
>>
File: up_to_no_good.jpg (125KB, 478x462px) Image search: [Google]
up_to_no_good.jpg
125KB, 478x462px
>>6426914
I'm still waiting for Marvel-accurate figures.
>>
>>6427038
>G2 Stunticons.
Man the combiner sucks but the individual bots look so good.
>>
File: yeees.jpg (157KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
yeees.jpg
157KB, 612x816px
Since Primal was voted to be the new ruler of Cybertron, he and BW Megs should be in PotP right?
>>
>>6427117
One part of me wants this but they'd be so ugly in a good/bad way.
>>
>>6427125
>hey guys check out this sweet magic trick me and skullcrusher've been practicing
>>
>>6426977
I still don't get why MP Ironhide got hated on so much for being cartoon accurate when it has a few overtly not-accurate details and how it really could have been much worse.
>>
>>6427125

rumours have it that we're getting Apeface and Snapdragon and then Primal and Megatron from both molds as Amazon/BBTS exclusives.
>>
>>6427150
Ironhide was not the beginning of cartoon accuracy retardation, for sure. He still has plenty of details that help him fit in with the earlier dudes. Tracks as well. I don't think it officially started until Laserwave/Inferno.
>>
>>6427162
Yes, yes, I've seen those 'rumors' too.
>>
Anyone w/ experience putting PC-11 on CW Computron:

How do you get his old head off? Unscrewed the screw out, head's not splitting open or coming off
>>
>>6427193
You need to stick you nail at the sides of the head. Right on the antenna should be good.
>>
>>6427175

Shockwave was definitely the first attempt (but a huge failure due to not color matching), while Inferno was the first 100% success of matching color and aesthetic of the cartoon.
>>
>>6427198
>(but a huge failure due to not color matching)

He's close to that shade of lavender in the cartoon though. It's more accurate than if they would have made him dark purple like everyone wants.
>>
File: 1493720963713.png (1MB, 892x1106px) Image search: [Google]
1493720963713.png
1MB, 892x1106px
>>6426914
>>6426977
Holy fuck, this is just a few specific turd parties doing it, right? I really, really hope it doesn't become the standard for future Masterpiece releases from now on.

>>6426995
Sadly this, I've seen a lot of apologists on Facebook groups and such talking about how bland designs almost directly copied from the rushed production models of a 1980s cartoon are the greatest thing ever. There are people genuinely who defend this, who think all Masterpieces should look like bland PVC statues simply because of their nostalgic attachment to the show, and it's honestly rather concerning. Imagine if Gundam designs never evolved beyond the original anime.
>>
>implying looking as close to the source material as possible is a bad thing
>>
>>6427228
Oh, so to the toys and comics, you mean? :^)
>>
>>6426868

Mine is assembled correctly, and you can probably tell in the package. Calm down.
>>
How true are the rumors about G1 Pretenders for POTP?
I really want to complete the Decepticon Pretender trio.
>>
>>6427228
It is. The G1 cartoon looks fucking awful and is so inconsistent with itself that it's hard to call anything truly accurate when you could cherry pick nearly dozens of shots of the same character and they look nothing alike in any of them.

People need to fuck off with the accuracy bullshit and just make toys that look good.
>>
>>6427234
About as true as Hasbro taking the license from IDW and giving it back to Marvel, where it belongs.
>>
>>6427225
>Imagine if Gundam designs never evolved beyond the original anime.

Dumb shitty taste retard. You might actually have a point if Transformers EVER got any figures that looked like the animation models.

You're also fuckin' retarded for acting as if the current MP's really look like the show models. They're not the same at all.

What the actual fuck do you want them to do? An optimus prime that looks like batman? To make him look like he does in the cartoon is the only sensible direction, otherwise they don't look like who they are supposed to be.

Greebly over-detailed 3P figures have ALWAYS been ugly.
>>
>>6427239
With how Marvel is today they might as well keep it with IDW.
>>
>>6427236
>what are animation models
>>
File: AHarshLesson.png (366KB, 521x325px) Image search: [Google]
AHarshLesson.png
366KB, 521x325px
>>6427225
>Holy fuck, this is just a few specific turd parties doing it, right?

Yes, specifically, all of them, because cartoon accurate MP's are the biggest selling thing by far. The loud minority who doesn't like it is vastly overwhelmed by the silent majority who does, and they's speaking in the only language that matters: Money, dosh, bucks, dinero, cash, payola.

>MFW every time they think G1 is finally gone, it becomes the standard once again
>>
File: 1366387678881.jpg (46KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1366387678881.jpg
46KB, 301x267px
>>6427236
>People need to fuck off with the accuracy bullshit and just make toys that look good.
Amen to that, brother. As long as they remain faithful to the overall character design that goes across all its G1 interpretations (comics, cartoons, toys, etc.) they might as well make a perfect synthesis of all its best details with some sprinked creativity where its necessary. Designs directly based off the animation models without any other form of reference are the saddest, most bland and miserable path towards producing an MP.
>>
>>6427239
>About as true as Hasbro taking the license from IDW and giving it back to Marvel, where it belongs.

IDW: Half the robots are gay.
Today's Marvel: All the robots are gay, muslim, feminist mouthpieces who exist only to spread equality and defeat the disgusting patriarchy. And also to have 15 different world ending crossovers every year.
>>
>>6426977

I think everyone hated Ironhide but it seemed like Megatron was actually well received and it was right after Megatron that all of those started to get the green light. Most of the negativity I saw about Megatron was just about the paint chipping, and most of the positivity I saw was about it being so cartoon accurate. So I think even if a lot of people hate it, there was a pretty loud positive response and I think that opened up the flood gates. With the amount of 3rd parties that are around now, everyone is making the same characters as one another so it would make sense that some companies would jump on the opportunity when they saw a different style becoming a viable market because that way they can make the same characters as other companies but cater to drastically different preferences so that the competition is less head-to-head and there's less risk involved because it's like "well everyone who wants to collect cartoon-accurate MPs and wants this character has to come to us, so it's not as big of a deal if the other company making an MP of this character knocks it out of the park because theirs is in a completely different style and people already know which style they like"

Same reason why companies started doing Studio Ox designs, although I think the cartoon approach is taking off more.

I personally like the cartoon-accurate style, MP Megatron sold me on it. But I know I'm in the minority at least on here. But I also think you should know it's not a big deal. I don't think there's any risk of EVERY decent company jumping on that bandwagon, because if everyone was doing it that would defeat the purpose, and then some of them would just switch back for the same reason that they switched the first time. Companies need to set themselves apart from one another so I think things are going to continue to trend towards disparate styles. Unless/until the 3rd party bubble starts to burst, that's only a good thing--more niches getting catered to
>>
it's so weird how badly Topspin photographs, colorwise. In every photo I've seen he looks like a really flat, blah primary blue and in hand it's this rich, gorgeous turquoise
>>
File: IMG_5487.jpg (101KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5487.jpg
101KB, 854x640px
The problem is, it just doesn't make any sense that so many people are resilient towards evolving the overall premise of a design while still retaining its defining characteristics and instead exasperatedly want to stick with inconsistent animation cells as the gold standard for designing a Masterpiece. This has to literally be the only robot-related fandom that cannot tolerate the evolution and tweaking of a G1 characters towards a superior representation, and it really sucks from an aesthetic standpoint of just wanting good-looking figures.

I mean, would this get a detailed life-sized replica, one that still looks incredibly modern and elegant despite being based on a late 70s design...
>>
File: gunpla_history12.jpg (83KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gunpla_history12.jpg
83KB, 600x800px
>>6427285
... If they had just sticked with the cartoon accuracy purists and never evolved from this?
>>
>>6427241
>r-r-retard, pssh, you like, totally want Optimus Prime to look like Batman!
Good fucking lord.

I'm not even him, I just wanted to point out how fucking insufferable you sound.
>>
File: Blur.jpg (798KB, 2008x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Blur.jpg
798KB, 2008x1212px
>>6427273

Some colors really change when you photograph'em. Sixshot, Blurr, Shockwave...Basically anyone purple or with a heavy amount of blue or green is going to look entirely different in hand.
>>
File: XTRepaint_MP10_Optimus_F2012_02.jpg (518KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
XTRepaint_MP10_Optimus_F2012_02.jpg
518KB, 1600x899px
>>6427241
Greebly over-detailed figures that actually look mechanical are destined to stand the test of time for far longer, anon.
>>
>>6427297
Man, I thought that was the Takara version in the thumbnail instead of the TR I have. It really does hammer your point.
>>
File: Blur2.jpg (830KB, 1814x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Blur2.jpg
830KB, 1814x1256px
>>6427301

It's just deceptive because TR Blur actually looks pretty damn good in vehicle mode. Plus, y'know...Like I said. Photography messes with the colors a bit. He is honestly a very nice blue in hand, but the blue you see in pictures is a markedly different shade.
>>
So, is it doable to customize Transformers solely using sharpies? I've already used some silver ones for a few extra details and there like others in this thread did but never went ahead and fully painted a figure with it.

I sort of want to convert my 2008 Dropshot into a Turbomaster Stalker, is that doable with sharpies?
>>
newfag here, never collected transformers but I grew up with the tv show and have always wanted an optimus prime in my collection, is this a good choice? looks fucking awesome but I can't find anything in the description stating whether or not it can transform
>>
>>6427371
just go buy MP-10
>>
File: Astrotrain2.jpg (224KB, 1565x953px) Image search: [Google]
Astrotrain2.jpg
224KB, 1565x953px
>>6427370

I wouldn't paint a figure with sharpies, no. Doing some hubcaps with a silver sharpie is fine, but not only are the metallic sharpies done with a different ink from the regular ones, they also still smudge if you're not careful. So it's best done only with metallics, and only on places you'll never touch or will have no friction. ie: Hubcaps (and I guess in Astro's case, his train wheels).

tl;dr No, don't do it.
>>
>>6427371

If you want an official figure that transforms, MP-10 is your go-to for a high quality figure. If you want a different design, you'll probably need to ask the 3P thread, because they've got more Optimus variants than the official line does for high quality figures.
>>
File: 618201719488.jpg (212KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
618201719488.jpg
212KB, 540x960px
If he wasn't absurdly expensive I'd probably get Primus. The colors looked pretty nice in person.
>>
>>6427371
Get Classic Prime instead of that overdesigned piece of revoltech looking garbage
fuck outta this thread with that shit
>>
>>6427370
Black sharpie ink always turns blue after a while.
>>
I lost the screw/bolt that held part of MP Shockwave and not sure what I can use to replace it.

Any suggestions on how I could fix it?
>>
Hey, I've known of these characters for a while, but I never looked for a toy of them, yet. What's the best version to buy for Beast Wars II Starscream and BB? I know those guys got used a lot as different characters but I don't know if any particular release has issues.
>>
>>6427383
In a year or two he will be at discounters. Not even the turbo nerds care about this rerelease
>>
>>6427415
I can't remember exactly what but the Robotmaster and Universe versions did some modification to BB's missile launcher.
>>
>>6427383
Just hold out, this will definitely go on sale at some point. Hasbro once again over estimates fan interest in over priced older molds with wonky color schemes, you'll have a shot at it for half the price before Christmas.
>>
>>6427421
But nothing that can cause breakage in the long run, right?
>>
>>6427422
>Hasbro once again over estimates fan interest in over priced older molds
You mean TRU.
>>
>>6427431
Toys R Us is run by jews
the bad kind, not the friendly kind
>>
>>6427285
>a superior representation
>good-looking figures
Completely subjective. Also, your argument is silly considering how many different interpretations of these characters already exist in various styles. This is the first time in the franchise's history when heavily cartoon-inspired versions have been brought into the limelight, so it's pretty pointless to complain about it. Don't want cartoon style? There's plenty of other things to choose from, official of otherwise.

[spoiler]You might have wanted to pick a better example. The RG / MG 3.0 design is absolutely hideous.[/nospoilersontoy]
>>
File: IMG_0403.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0403.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
It bothers me that the walgreen twins come with their own individual cards but the box sets twins don't
>>
>>6427441

It bothers me you have to buy two expensive as fuck, hard to find box sets for two Legends class figures, while their other halves are sold in a reasonably priced set together.
>>
>>6427269
I think it's just hard to get an honest opinion about MP36 from people purely because it's an official Gun Megatron that looks the part (unlike MP05). That alone is enough to make people ignore any flaw the toy has.
>>
>>6427441
>>6427446
The land clones are getting a re-release in a similar pack as amazon exclusives, so they'll have their cards too.
>>
>>6427404
Show me the other side. Also fun fact about Transformers. They all use the same size screw. I stripped one of my MP StarSaber's screw and I replaced it with a screw from a junker Cybertron Primus I had in my closet. The screw fit in without any problems at all.
>>
>>6427225
>Imagine if Gundam designs never evolved beyond the original anime.
Difference is Gundam managed to both do new shows with new designs, revamps of the original RX-78, AND animation accurate versions.

I know this fandom is terrible but I am so sick of you people sperging out over us finally getting some animation accurate transforming figures after over three decades.You people get reedun and modified designs constantly, letting us get what we want for once and you throw a massive fit that rivals hardcore G1 purists and Animated crybabies.
>>
>>6427441
I should have bought them in TFcon. I didn't know they're an exclusive.
>>
>>6427441
I'm still not sure if I should wait for Takara.
>>
>>6427466
Whatever you do, be very gentle when testing alternative screws, they can ruin the threads and thus the hole if you force it.
>>
>>6427477
Biggest difference would be the deco on the autobot clones, you like red faces and pink leotards?
>>
>>6427460

Shit, really? When is the Walgreens pack going to be out?
>>
>>6427404
That bit had a pin running through it, didn't it?

Looking at my shockwave, I think my best advice to fix it would be to get a short screw and a washer to hold it together. You may need to penetrate the plastic on the other thigh part to get it to stay on securely, though.
>>
>>6427478
Oh no I'm not stupid like that, but I compared and used a magnifying glass to check all the parts and all lined up properly so when I replaced it, the screw just went in without a hitch.
>>
>>6427467
I don't care about accuracy, I'm only complaining about the engineering. MP36 is so over-engineered and needlessly complex that people don't even want to transform him at all just so they could achieve their idea of accuracy. I'd much rather a good looking, functional toy than the pseudo statue that MP36 is.
>>
>>6427481
I like pink robots and leotards are my fetish.
>>
>>6427438
Found the manchild geewunner. Your aesthetic is garbage and is based on the limitations of Korean slave animation, and not a focused creative design. Flat, monotone surfaces and total absence of detail is objectively ugly, and clusterfuck transformations that try to perfectly replicate a shitty old cartoon are only harming the toys. The only reason you like it is because it reminds you of watching shitty toy commercials while eating Lucky Charms when you were 7. Time to let go.
>>
File: 1266070954809.jpg (16KB, 421x287px) Image search: [Google]
1266070954809.jpg
16KB, 421x287px
>>6427503
Okay.
>>
>>6427467
What was wrong with the earlier MP figures? 10 through 25. We're they not cartoon accurate enough to satisfy your autism? They were a perfect balance. I find it hard.to believe that anyone had an issue with those, but now that the designs have gone full Korean animation, I find geewunners retroactively regard the previous MPs as though they were failures.

If people want figures that incredibly accurate, Takara should just make action figures. Having to engineer these transformations is harming the toys for people who actually like to transform their transformers and not just sit them on the shelf of their childhood autism shrine.
>>
>>6426992
At least the Dinobot drones are the better drones. They are hefty compared to other drones and have 1-2 PoA each.
>>
>>6427518
>What was wrong with the earlier MP figures? 10 through 25. We're they not cartoon accurate enough to satisfy your autism?
I had no problem them. I do find you Korean shitposters to be hilarious and the ones who actually have autism.
>>
>>6427460
I heard someone say that was a fuckup on RobotKingdom's part and we actually aren't getting the land clones in a pack.
>>
File: IMG_7271.jpg (104KB, 1200x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7271.jpg
104KB, 1200x615px
>>
>>6427538
>it's autistic to want premium-looking mechanical detail on a robot toy you're paying $100+ for
>it's not autistic to want plain, flat, and ugly cardboard designs from a 33 year old children's cartoon just because you watched them while you ate Lucky Charms
Haha, sure.
>>
>>6427404
But new one from amazon, complain and return this one for full refund. Amazon is based
>>
>>6427559
I don't think Amazon sells Takara figures directly. That method would probably fuck over an individual rather than cheat a company.
>>
Wingspan's Titan Master Pilot chair is right on the back in bird mode. No extra transformation steps needed the whole back is a\n open air cockpit.

It makes me want to get LG Kickback for Titan master Double Dealer since having a bird pilot a bird would be cool.
>>
File: galaxy-convoy-003.jpg (119KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-convoy-003.jpg
119KB, 720x540px
>>6426914
>>6427225
>reeeee greebles reeeeee
>i miss greebles
make up your mind tffags

i wonder what people reaction if they made screen accurate masterpiece Cybertron Prime.
>>
>>6427496
YEH BOI
>>
anywhere to get CW vortex for less than 30 bucks?
>>
>>6427652
By traveling back in time one year, or going to a Kmart and hope they still have older stock in the pegs.
>>
File: ShitWasSOEnergon.jpg (200KB, 1414x410px) Image search: [Google]
ShitWasSOEnergon.jpg
200KB, 1414x410px
>>6427619

It's almost like the TF fandom is comprised of generations of people, some of whom want some things, and others who want other things.
>>
>>6427490
It was a pin with a flat end.
I was wondering if a flat screw would work, or would it end up just holding that piece in place hindering movement when I need to transform.
>>
File: 1427850219805.jpg (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1427850219805.jpg
96KB, 480x480px
Can any Flipbros confirm whether any of the ff are already out in retail in Manila:
>Overlord
>RID Bludgeon
>Misfire
>Twin Twist
>Voyager Scorn
>Netorare Zeus
>>
>>6426834
Mine is good
>>
>>6427441
i went to a walgreens today, no love
>>
>>6427731
Are they actually showing up at Walgreens already?
>>
>>6427733
i think so, didn't someone here go to a con and pay out the ass for one?
>>
>>6427733
No these are from Singapore or from tfcon
>>
>>6427736
$55 during TFcon. I didn't buy but that Korean anon did.
>>
File: 1294955800269.png (506KB, 666x569px) Image search: [Google]
1294955800269.png
506KB, 666x569px
>takara will release trypticon with all the design issues fixed
>hasbrofags will still pretend that their version is better somehow
>>
File: laughing robots.gif (569KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
laughing robots.gif
569KB, 400x308px
>>6427795
>takara will release trypticon with all the design issues fixed
>>
>>6427795
Takara is rushing out LG tryp, it'll be exactly the same as the hasbro version.
>>
>>6427803
Takara will glue the legs in place so you don't have to worry about springs breaking the plastic :^)
>>
File: 1500306376-sk1.jpg (82KB, 800x806px) Image search: [Google]
1500306376-sk1.jpg
82KB, 800x806px
Random 5 year old from China getting paid .50 yuan for photographs

v.s.

Hasbro photographer who presumably makes at least $15 per hour.
>>
>>
>>6427549
Is no back kibble supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>6427619
I would say "Sonic Bomber and Ligerjack when?!?!?"
>>
>>6427819
Meh, I don't like this version enough to drop 50 plus shipping for it. Doesn't help that Hasbro can use the Ginrai mold, so they could have based this on that one.
>>
>>6427833
Not that guy, but in general I'd say it depends on the sacrifices (if any) needed to achieve it.

MPM Bee has no back kibble besides the doors and the droopy wings, but the front of the car stucks out in the back any way, so the side profile is actually pretty shit. It also looks bad from the back because of the small wings. So, technically it has no backpack, but... what's the point if it only looks good in the front any way?
>>
File: IMG_8072.jpg (2MB, 3502x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8072.jpg
2MB, 3502x4096px
>>6427874
>guy who dosent own particular figure, speaking as if his totally uneducated opinion is some sort of concensus

Show us some transformers with awesome rear ends faggot
>>
>>6427901
I have eyes and a brain. Why do I need to buy something if it looks like shit?

PRID Vehicon is the perfect example of getting rid of a backpack cleanly.
>>
File: boot.jpg (196KB, 593x804px) Image search: [Google]
boot.jpg
196KB, 593x804px
>>6427901
>>
File: nothing at all.png (328KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
nothing at all.png
328KB, 600x435px
>>6427918
>>6427901
>>
File: Crystal Widonk.jpg (2MB, 1406x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal Widonk.jpg
2MB, 1406x2500px
>>6427901
>>
File: ratchet-025.jpg (409KB, 1200x1026px) Image search: [Google]
ratchet-025.jpg
409KB, 1200x1026px
>>6427901
>awesome rear ends
>>
>>6426854
It annoys me that in 2017 they don't make shit like this MANDATORY for figures. It should be a fucking law that all toys need at least an ankle tilt or a full on ball joint foot before it gets mass-produced.
>>
>>6427819
I don't care how fucking cool this looks, the Ultra Magnus mold is borderline "alright" and not worth owning more than one of it. Imagine if they used, like the other anon mentioned, the Ginrai mold. I would buy this in a heartbeat.
>>
>>6426895
...Galvatron? Mind you the model itself is kind of shit unless you get a third party head or crown.
>>
File: 20170719_021936.jpg (639KB, 800x1422px) Image search: [Google]
20170719_021936.jpg
639KB, 800x1422px
>>6427901
Such a crime to hide this behind kibble.
>>
File: serious.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
serious.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
>>6427162
That's just what some random guy said, don't make it into actual rumors.

>>6427441
>One has black hands painted white
>The other has white hands painted black
Couldn't they just have swapped them and skipped the paint?
>>
>>6426909
>implying any of us has ever seen these figures in stores
>>
>>6427982
>Couldn't they just have swapped them and skipped the paint?

I honestly believe a lot of the odd shit we see in the TF line is solely down to incredibly poor planning. Not maliciousness or beancounter chicanery, simple, mere stupidity.
>>
>>6427377
Molotov chrome sharpie is god's gift to mankind tho
>>
>>6427982
The bird clone's hand seems to be a part of the forearm so it needed to be painted.

Not sure why the fuck the plane clone's hands aren't jsut molded in white, though.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.1177071918_bnfn.jpg (431KB, 1242x1200px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.1177071918_bnfn.jpg
431KB, 1242x1200px
>$799.99
>This monstrosity

AHAHAHAHA

https://www.etsy.com/listing/504993066/transformers-fortress-maximus-combiner?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-toys_and_games-toys-dolls_and_action_figures-other&utm_custom1=9b7e8768-9bbe-4c4f-bdeb-7b01dc8a76c1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhYuimOqU1QIVwh2BCh32HAj8EAQYAiABEgJDvfD_BwE
>>
>>6428008
I gotta say...it is actually kinda impressive. The price is too high but yeah I like it.
>>
File: just.jpg (38KB, 519x497px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
38KB, 519x497px
>>6428007
>The bird clone's hand seems to be a part of the forearm
Now that you mention it, yeah it is.

>Not sure why the fuck the plane clone's hands aren't just molded in white
As >>6427985 said, most likely poor planning.

I'm waiting for Takara anyway, the hands aren't the only things that bother me.
>>
>>6427963
I'd like to know what the thought process behind giving a toy articulation is. Not even factoring in the budget and parts count required for more complex articulation, I'm just thinking about simple things like how they could design an knee to give more range but don't. There are a lot of toys that can barely get 90 degree knee bends for no real reason besides they just didn't design the mold that way.
>>
>>6428016
Time and money I'd imagine are the only two defining factors.
>>
>>6427441
I wonder how they look compared to the land clones. I kinda want these.
>>
File: MP12-Lambor-Sideswipe-1.jpg (61KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
MP12-Lambor-Sideswipe-1.jpg
61KB, 600x800px
Kinda funny/sad this is being reissued just as IDW killed Sideswipe.

Reminds me of when Optimus offered the freshly-dead head of Galvatron to the US President, just as Titans Return was kicking off, yet this was deemed a coincidence. Sure.
>>
File: IMG_0404.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0404.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6428034
Here
Only major differences is that the air twins have unpainted inner fists
>>
File: IMG_0405.jpg (934KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0405.jpg
934KB, 3264x2448px
Also this is titan master riding mode for wingspan
>>
>>6427038
Maybe you shouldn't have tried eating him then.
>>
File: - 39062.png (97KB, 304x249px) Image search: [Google]
- 39062.png
97KB, 304x249px
>>6427125

>>TFW Hasbro had so little regard for Rodimus that he was left out of POTP

Warden nursing a grudge 30 years after TFTM?
>>
>>6428053
Fucking hell

PLEASE let this Titan Master shit stop after Titans Return
>>
>>6428051
So it's true that the plastic colors don't match?

>>6428058
It's great man, shut up.
>>
>>6428058
I hope every mold from now on, including MPs, gets a slot to fit titan masters just so you never get a reason to stop being such a gigantic faggot.
>>
File: CYdSn6_UMAAmUis.jpg (23KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
CYdSn6_UMAAmUis.jpg
23KB, 480x424px
>>6428051
>They got even lazier with the later release
Now this REALLY posts my pepes. What the fuck is going on at Hasbro?
>>
File: 7605344760_6bba9c5e51_b[1].jpg (280KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
7605344760_6bba9c5e51_b[1].jpg
280KB, 950x633px
>>6427503
>these high end japanese collectible robot toys triggers the anon
>>
>>6428060
Nah they match it may be the lighting. The only Red that looks off is the tail fin embedded in the back of Cloudraker's head.

They're great updates to the G1 clones. Wingspan has become on of my favorite legends.
>>
>>6428064
You should probably choose to stop living.
>>
>>6427652
in Ottawa, they still have one at the downtown CBS
in Toronto, saw one at the Toys x3 at Fairview Mall
>>
>>6427736
$60 at TFcon, bought it from TFsource's booth
(stupid)
>>
Also I want to mention that the titanmaster chair on wingspan doubles as the storage area for his bird head when it flips down in robot mode. The titanmaster gimmick takes away nothing from the figure.

My only complaint is that they don't come with any guns, but Legends figures have not been coming regularly with weapons since thrilling 30.
>>
>>6427809
How can it be rushed if it comes out at the end of the year?
>>
>>6428055
Ha ha
>>
File: Mods are dead.png (236KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
Mods are dead.png
236KB, 500x340px
>>6428067
Is that fucking Ginguiser?
>>
>>6428095
Wait, no it isn't. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>6428057

If he was, we wouldn't have gotten 2 Hot Rod toys in CW & TR. Granted Rodimus Prime needs an update.
>>
which one should i get, foc bee or Prime bee. both are $20
>>
>>6428117
also is this one legit? i never seen rotf starscream packaged in robot mode. dirt cheap too.
>>
>>6428077
It's coming out in September, which is too near the Hasbro release for them to do any massive changes.
>>
>>6428117
Bee only had a WFC toy, and it's annoying to transform. TFP:FE Bee isn't worth 20 either.
>>
>>6428103
The titanmaster in velocitron is Rodimus Prime
>>
>>6427819
>>6427820
Is it bad if I want this purely because of the (grind)rail gun?

I wonder if it'll be any expensive to buy online
>>
>>6428118
That's probably fake, I think only the retail exclusive starscream repaints were packaged in robot mode and they were in different style boxes.
>>
>just now realize my TR Black Shadow has a misassembled shoulder piece
>unscrew only 2 screws I can see
>can't get the halves apart
What do?
>>
Oy, where can I vent about "little things" that annoy me?
>>
>>6428176
That fancy website from 2005
>>
>>6428179
Not anymore.
>>
>>6428180
Try going down to All's park.
>>
>>6428183
Reminds me of grandfather's old saying, "All's park in love and war, but cacti are always pricks."
>>
File: john warden.png (664KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
john warden.png
664KB, 853x480px
>>6428136

forgot about him too.

but yeah 3 toys in 3 years, not bad for a character Warden "supposedly hates".
>>
>no all seeker CW set
>not enough randoms in TR

I hope the next line brings some great surprises.
>>
>>6428183
Only way you can vent there is it being about race or women rights.

I fucking hate that place now. T hey are all weak willed SJW cucks, or kick/shut down anyone with a different opinion.
>>
>>6428209
You have the asia exclusive seeker ace sets anon and tr has quite a few "randoms", more than enough to make up for cw
>>
>>6428168
May need to be pried open, if its not glue there is another part/screw in the way.

Mine is in storage so can't help you
>>
>>6428008
That's too fucking much weathering for me but looking at it, its actually nicely done, just too much.

The head is the best part
>>
File: test.png (262KB, 947x597px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
262KB, 947x597px
>>6428077
>>6428119
hlj list him as August?
>>
>>6428298
Still not seeing reason to get Takaras Tryp over the american release, unless they're saving a last minute Brunt/accesories reveal.

having to cut a third of the hip spings was anoying, but easy.
>>
>>6428042
You think those are coincidences? Try Nightbeat asking for just his head to be preserved in More than Meets the Eye.

And then just getting a Titan Master release.
>>
File: trippy hip fix.jpg (683KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
trippy hip fix.jpg
683KB, 1600x1200px
>>6428321
Oh I'm not encouraging buying him either, they could do something about the springs but deco and accessory wise he's set.

>cutting the springs

I really wanna put it out there you don't need to even do that people, just turn them into friction joints by adding a plastic insert between the ratchet teeth.

But please for fucks sake don't use cardboard or stuff the legs with the shit jesus cardboard rots
>>
>>6428327
Almost a year of difference, it was just a nod to the original toy, also the TR head doesn't even look like IDW Nightbeat, unfortunately.
>>
>>6428332
IIRC it was supposed to be someone else originally, that said its closer to the original look than the idw version has, he wasn't meant to have the visor if you look at the g1 toy
>>
>>6428330
I preffer to have ratchets on figures that heavy, also cutting them is easier and cleaner that the stuffing metod, but hey, options.
>>
>>6428119
That's plenty of time for them to replace the leg springs on the takara version
>>
>>6428345
You know it isn't, at least for the initial release.
They might do it for a reissue, but at that point so will Hasbro.
>>
File: 1410540270477[1].jpg (91KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1410540270477[1].jpg
91KB, 653x490px
>tomorrow they will finally reveal new generations toys that don't have the shitty headmaster gimmick
>>
File: DSCN2660.jpg (793KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2660.jpg
793KB, 1600x1200px
>>6428340
I too prefer ratchets, but this method allows me to reverse the effects, and does just about everything he could prefer, though doing this pose with bent knees and he loses it

>also cutting them is easier and cleaner
Um, I just cut the bottom of a plastic cup and inserted it between the disc and I didn't measure shit, cardboard would be messy, but rigid plastic is clean enough, I do admit I'm a rough cut but I didn't have to worry about if I cut the springs safely or not, heck if someone makes a 3p fix that uses these ratchets as they are I can quickly revert back, the hardest part is holding the springs down as you close it up and all up took 20mins, most of it holding down the springs so they don't hit me in the face.

If anything I found I can do alot more poses with them as friction, when I tried to do the legs in this kinda pose mine was giving more resistance (this is where one youtube reviewer mentioned he had a break, nothing in them to prevent it but mine fought back).

So yeah, it works, does all you expect of him, he only fails when doing something he couldn't be doing like limbo with bent knees
>>
>>6428346
I don't see why not.
>>
File: laughing.png (774KB, 843x639px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.png
774KB, 843x639px
>>6428348
>turns out all transformers have a chest opening gimmick that gives deluxes fuck huge chest and limits head transforming options because the heads are permanently attached
>leaders just carry 2 matrixes
>>
>>6428348
Hopefuly POMP figures will be like Nitro with a TM compatible cockpit and optional headmaster, if they got to release the "rumored" Grimlock, they could homage the hidden seat of the original.
>>
>>6428356
>hidden seat
It ain't hidden it was a carry over from his diaclone origins
>>
>>6428357
It was because it wasn't advertised as being a feature.
>>
File: 1362721960447.jpg (4KB, 119x116px) Image search: [Google]
1362721960447.jpg
4KB, 119x116px
>Power of the Primes won't have a proper Rodimus Prime toy the same way Titans Returns didn't have Apeface and Snapdragon despite having triple changing headmasters
>>
>>6428381
W-wave 6 voyagers for sure.
>>
File: Untitled.png (268KB, 895x593px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
268KB, 895x593px
>>6428348
>tomorrow
FOR REAL?
>>
>>6428402
yes. SDCC showcase. There might even be a tease later today if we're lucky.
>>
>>6428348
Here's to hoping for brainmasters.
>>
>>6428402
I wonder how many SWIVELS we'll see, eh?

How about you just take your reveals and.

PUT THEM IN YOUR ASS
>>
>>6428412
please do not make fun of this depressive reviewer. dude's still young but always talks about suicides.
>>
>>6428348
>it will be some horrible, more intrusive gimmick that hinders the individual figures even more than combiner wars, but geewunners won't actually care as long as it doesn't interfere with the canon of the cartoons.
SAD!
>>
File: pxrobotmode13.jpg (68KB, 506x640px) Image search: [Google]
pxrobotmode13.jpg
68KB, 506x640px
>>6428458
post yfw its Energon v2
>>
File: 1423321761184.gif (628KB, 245x242px) Image search: [Google]
1423321761184.gif
628KB, 245x242px
>>6428465
>>
>>6428211
That's the way it has always been. It's still a cesspool of cucks and twats.
>>
I wish even with power of the prime they still mix few titan master figure into the line.
>>
File: 1450625321892.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1450625321892.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>>6428465
I don't even doubt it, holy fuck.
>>
>>6427495
Only from the waist down.

If it weren't for the legs and pegging that back shin piece he'd be fine.
>>
>>6428482
So much this, I still really want to see a Nightbeat / Minerva.
>>
File: 1497067613961.png (797KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497067613961.png
797KB, 1280x720px
>>6428465
i was about to say they can just add more swivels and articulations to those bricks but i realized its not the main problem of Energon line.
>>
>>6428350

someone needs to pixel censor the tail here.
>>
>>6428465
And this is bad because?
>>
>>6428042
>Kinda funny/sad this is being reissued just as IDW killed Sideswipe.

Wait, what? Killed? Didn't they literally JUST bring the fucker back to life? In the issue thats coming out like really soon?
>>
File: G1 Sideswipe.jpg (209KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
G1 Sideswipe.jpg
209KB, 539x960px
What was your luckiest purchase, /tfg/?

Pic related, 2 euros at a thrift fair a few years ago out of a bundle of old cars.
>>
>>6428531
Arms Micron Megatron Gun and Bulkhead Fist for 1$ each.
Also Henkei Sunstreaker for 10 bucks.
>>
>>6427619
>make up your mind tffags
It's almost as if fans of this franchise aren't a hive mind and have varying viewpoints and preferences.
>>
>>6428531
i thrift a lot so I've got some good deals, voyager sea spray for $1, G1 Soundwave for $5, Rotf Mindwipe for $1, and non Tf but an original Dragon Dagger for $2
>>
>>6428531
Bought LG Blaster with LG Rewind with Nightbeat, plus Triggerhappy, Stripes, and CW Shockwave for 55.
>>
>>6428058
Holy fuck, man. It's this toy line's theme, of course it'll stop for the next one. But then, you'll complain about how the next line features the next action feature on all its figures, right?
>>
>>6428558
I just hope it's not Powermasters, they were boring compared to Headmasters and Targetmasters.
>>
Hasbro will unbelievably Power of the Primes tomorrow afternoon at SDCC. There will be targeted leaks on Seibertron and TFW later this evening. They're basically press releases in everything but name.

One picture will feature a beast of some sort. The other picture will feature a space jet. We have already sent the staff the two pictures. :)
>>
File: 1452988000203.jpg (131KB, 668x508px) Image search: [Google]
1452988000203.jpg
131KB, 668x508px
>>6428567
Anon...
>>
>>6428590
I heard the about the "leaks" I just hope it's not that. If it has to be anything, please let it be Targetmasters.
>>
File: Transformers-My-Busy-Book-002.jpg (370KB, 1000x1264px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-My-Busy-Book-002.jpg
370KB, 1000x1264px
New storybook for kids features the designs of the new Boulder Media show.
>>
>>6428522
And he died
>>
File: 20170719_141240.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170719_141240.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So I just bought TR Megatron and he is....
Decent.
>>
>>6428591
Well, let's think for a minute about what we actually know for the line.

The main fact here is that it's called "Power of the Primes". Going by how the names of the last two Generations sub-lines were themed after the gimmicks ("Combiner Wars" had a combiner-themed name and "Titan's Return" had a Titanmaster=themed name), we can safely say that Power of the Primes will feature a gimmick that unlocks "Prime"-like power for each of the figures featuring this gimmick.

That wouldn't fit Targetmasters. That wouldn't fit Pretenders or Micromasters(and I'd prefer the latter two over Targetmasters or Powermasters). But it does fit how the rumors imply that the gimmick will be handled. Minicon-style "battle mode" unlocks for alt modes via Powermaster add-on bots.

I'm not 100% convinced that the leaks are correct either, truth be told. But the rumored theme does fit the name of the line.
>>
>>6427162
>we're getting Apeface and Snapdragon and then Primal and Megatron from both molds
can someone photoshop this?
>>
>>6428636
Saw the leaks. It sucks.
If you thought CW was repaint:the line, the new gimmick would make it look like MP.
Let's just say RID style.
>>
>>6428646
Huh?

You're only saying that you saw the leaks, but you're describing it as if you've seen the actual figures themselves. I'm confused.
>>
>>6428593

the rumor had it that Megatron was a AC130 Hercules in the new show.
>>
File: IMG_1375.jpg (3MB, 2925x2195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1375.jpg
3MB, 2925x2195px
>>6428588
Please hire me
>>
>>6428554
>G1 Soundwave for $5
Damn, you lucky bastard. In what sort of condition was he in?
>>
>>6428522
tl;dr he's revived that issue and sees how much Cybertron's changed after he and Arcee go there looking for Sunstreaker, only for it to be revealed that it's all a dream sequence in his head because Wreck-Gar couldn't fix the macguffin he had to fix him originally, so instead they do a sort of VR thing with him so that he's at least dying peacefully.
>>
>>6428522
>>>/co/93983717
>>
>>6428567
Powermasters are the worst fucking gimmick. I always though Headmasters were silly, but TR showed they have tremendous play value. Targetmasters are neat. Even Pretenders have potential. But Powermasters are just awful. They're even worse then Headmasters in regards to the 'lose the mini bot and you're fucked' angle. I don't know why they made the Cybertron Primus toy a Powermaster either.
>>
>>6428593
Awwww yeaaaah, those designs look fantastic, I'm not even a G1core guy but they really represent the original ones at its finest. Hopefully the stunning amount of details in those bots implies the toys will finally have to be good.

>>6428661
>the rumor had it that Megatron was a AC130 Hercules in the new show
>the rumor
By "rumor" you mean that one guy's fanfic a few threads ago?
>>
>>6428661
>TANKK NOT PLANE

I see missile launchers on his shins though, and what little of his legs we can see kinda look like treads.
>>
File: Transformers-My-Busy-Book-001.jpg (304KB, 1000x959px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-My-Busy-Book-001.jpg
304KB, 1000x959px
>>6428593
>>6428661
>>6428764
It's a tank indeed. Also, this is just a kid's book with a few robot and vehicle models included, there's still no way to be sure the designs are part of the new show.

Not that they don't look really cool anyways, I might unironically get this just for the figurines and art alone.
>>
>>6428531
G1 optimus prime for the equivalent of $1,50 in 1990, on a flea market. He did not have his hands anymore so I keep him in truck mode.
>>
>>6428761
>By "rumor" you mean that one guy's fanfic a few threads ago?
I don't remember any fanfics, sorry. But there was a rumor a few threads ago including a bunch of supposed information about the next animated series.
>>
>>6427371
It does not transform
>>
>>6428773
>Not that they don't look really cool anyways
Pretty nice for cityformers companions/displays.
>>
File: BarricadeRiot.jpg (137KB, 962x563px) Image search: [Google]
BarricadeRiot.jpg
137KB, 962x563px
So does anyone know if they're going to re-release the deluxe mold for Scorn in the Last Knight line? I was thinking of getting him, but since they've also been throwing out the other dinobots, I may just wait.
>>
>>6428796
Hey, that's a pretty good idea, actually. The whole set is just 12 bucks on Amazon too, so it might very well be worth it.
>>
>>6428321
>>6428330
Would it just be better to get G1 Tryp at this point?
>>
>>6428760
They only way I could see powermasters working is if they made them work like power ups, but I can't think of any way they could do that without it being intrusive to the designs.
>>
File: file.png (769KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
769KB, 1000x1000px
>>6428797
No, they're not
>>
>>6428797
I don't think they're releasing anything else in TLK to be honest.
>>
>>6428805
Having both I'd say no, well it depends on your nostalgia for the original, the titan has more playability and display options, the only con is the lack of Brunt, I'm using the centuritron minicon team as his crew, so that kinda makes up for the lack it.
>>
>>6428760
>>6428813
This, toys that require accessories to be playable or aesthetically functional, even if it's just a pop-up weapon, is fucking obnoxious. I hated it when Powermasters used that terrible gimmick, I also hated it when Cybertron did that same gimmick and I sure as hell don't want Hasbro to ever do something like that again.
>>
>>6428348
i'd love to see some screencaps from when everyone was psyched for titans return
>>
>>6428854
Prepare to be disappointed.

=(
>>
>>6428862
God, don't tell me we're getting Powermasters again...
>>
>>6428058
that looks pretty cool, wtf is your issue?
>>
>>6428356
Has anyone tried putting a Titan Master or one of the new Diaclone guys in a G1-ish Grimlock?
>>
File: 512BYUaG4ISL__SS400__1220237777.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
512BYUaG4ISL__SS400__1220237777.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
Post figures you have a genuine love for that despite not being flawless in any way.

Pic very much related, if he wasn't snubbed out of being a voyager then I'm sure the poor loonie would get far more respect. Henkei version is still by far the best one in every regard.
>>
>>6428844
I just want a neat cityformer for my Kreons to play on

Really should have grabbed that Metroplex for $100
>>
File: Hypersurge.jpg (173KB, 811x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hypersurge.jpg
173KB, 811x1080px
So this guy arrived, and he is so much heartbreak.

He could have been so much better with so little effort.
>>
>>6428969
Why did you buy this?
>>
File: 1292689990_r_ironhide-097[1].jpg (197KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
1292689990_r_ironhide-097[1].jpg
197KB, 500x681px
>>6428888
>>
File: 20170707_132359.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_132359.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
>>6428888
Combiner Prime every time.
>>
>>6428973
My nigger. I think all Universe 2.0 molds were great even when they sucked.
>>
>>6428888
>>
>>6428969
>Adds Wrists
>Removes Biceps
For fucks sake, can we have a mandate for mandatory articulation? Demand wrists, biceps, and shoulders for all melee users.

>>6428970
For the sexy Red Triceratops Minicon. Sadly, he got the wrong version.
>>
>>6428008

Price is too high but that would make a good Necrotitan, actually
>>
>>6428064

And how much effort have YOU ever put into making a Transformer?
>>
>>6428348

The Headmaster thing wasn't shitty, you mong
>>
File: spychanger g1.png (2MB, 1526x1500px) Image search: [Google]
spychanger g1.png
2MB, 1526x1500px
this is on its way to me
>>
>>6429029
That's super.
>>
>>6428067
What are these and how much do they go for?
The one on the right is pretty sweet.
>>
File: r_spychangeroptimusprime042.jpg (86KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
r_spychangeroptimusprime042.jpg
86KB, 500x664px
>>6429037
it was hard to choose
>>
>>6429049
why not all three?
>>
>>6429029
What a neat choice, the Spychangers are a lovely bunch. I'll be getting the RiD one together on a bundle with G1 Quickmix next week.
>>
>>6429039
They're the robots that combine to form Daioja, I assume that's the Soul of Chogokin.
>>
Trying not to get my hopes up for something tonight.

But we'll see...we'll see.
>>
File: Stardrive.png (3MB, 1981x1263px) Image search: [Google]
Stardrive.png
3MB, 1981x1263px
The first issue of the Rom vs Transformers series came out today.

I rather like this design. I'd buy this.
>>
I hope that going forward we still got a combiner every once in a while and some titan masters here and there and throw compatibility in to random figures like God Bomber's CW compatible legs and Nitro Zeus' titan master head and cockpit.

I wish Hasbro would have had the Prime Trilogy planned out a bit more in advance. Instead of "HERE HAVE ALL THE COMBINERS ALL COMBINERS ALL THE TIME" until we're so sick of combiners we're begging for TR and then "ALL THE TITAN MASTERS" until we're begging for... no more gimmicks, really... they could have done some Titan Masters, some Combiners, some whatever the next gimmick is, throw in some targetmasters, pretenders, and brain masters, make each wave a bit more varied and interesting. That would have kept the lines from getting so stale so quickly potentially stopped some of the random characters having gimmicks slapped on to them like CW Optimus and TR Blurr. The big downside is that it would take longer for the crossplay to really work, you'd need to wait for more waves to really utilize the scramble city and head swapping stuff (not that I think anyone really does...) but it would also have led to better crossplay with things like combiners could have been covered in titan master pegs.
>>
>90% of the trypticon thread on tfw2005 is people talking about how to fix the toy

HASBRO WINS AGAIN
>>
>>6429095
Oh my, I didn't know the Hasbro version was that terrible. I've been wanting to buy him since my local dept store will have them for 160 euromonies, should it be avoided like the plague instead? I don't have too much on an interest in the character and therefore there's no real reason for me to pay double the price for the Takara version like I might end up doing with Fortress.
>>
>MPM bee on my doorstep today
>invoice for MPM Murderprime in my email

Neat, this is gonna be a good end to july.

MPM Bee is pretty nice. I seem to have been spared from any horrible QC issues (baring like one paint blemish) but a few of the joints are gonna need to be tightened or loosened.

He's a complete bastard to get a good picture of, though. He's either an incoherent black block with my flash off and a giant glare with my flash on.
>>
>>6429087
That's the retailers to blame. They don't want the same sales gimmick used for more than 18-24 months. That's why product styles are renamed.

We are getting Combiners back in PotP tho. They'll still use the same CW connector ports too. There are two Head Masters in the line as well, the often spoke of Apeface and Snapdragon. Their removable heads will also unlock their individual toy gimmicks to keep the line in sync.

Yes, Powermaster / Armada style unlock gimmick is back here. That's the "power" that these new Power Masters provide.

Both Snapdragon and Apeface are here at SDCC. We'll show them tomorrow. All of PotP wave one is here. Three Legends, four Deluxes, two Voyagers, two Leaders. Teaser pics of the next Titan. No prototype for display.

The Powermasters are getting the $5 price point like the Titans Masters did. The first wave is here too. Four of them. They will include small vehicles again. These will include some homages to vehicles from sister toy line as well as Transformers.

No Beast Wars at SDCC. Hascon reveal.
>>
>>6429087
The gimmick must be the same throughout the entire line because of kids' play patterns. It might not be pretty for us collectors, but it's fun as fuck for kids, who are still the target audience for even the Generations-style lines.
>>
>>6429167
>That's the retailers to blame. They don't want the same sales gimmick used for more than 18-24 months. That's why product styles are renamed.
So Japanese retailers are that much different? They've had the Legends line going for what, 4-5 years now?
>>
>>6429167

Source: my uncle works at Optimus Prime.
>>
>>6429184
No. I do. I'm at SDCC now
>>
>>6429189
wer de broof :D:D:D
>>
>>6429167
>Teaser pics of the next Titan
Whom

What size classes are Apedragon and Snapface
>>
>>6429189
Are they still using cheap foil stickers on everything above deluxe?
>>
>>6429167
>No Beast Wars at SDCC. Hascon reveal.
Good idea to reveal it at No Effort: The Convention.
>>
>>6429197
>No Effort: The Convention.
Have you ever organized a convention before?
>>
>>6429184
are you just 1 guy who always says this when someone posts a rumor?

still laughed tho
>>
File: 1429740365399.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1429740365399.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
So, anyone has the exact time when the SDCC stuff drops?
>>
>>6429167
Any news of a US release of the Takara targetmasters molds?
>>
>>6429086

She looks better without the armor.
>>
>>6429167
Seems lelgit
>>
Thread is already autosaging, new bread:

>>6429229
>>6429229
>>6429229
>>
>>6429113

Ironically, FortMax's best version is the Hasbro. The Takara glued his fucking legs shut, making it impossible to do the fanmodes for his base.

We don't know if Takara will fix Trypticon yet, because theirs isn't out yet. You can fix the Hasbro version, the problem is the spring for the ratchets is too strong, and will break the ratchet. You can dissemble the leg and cut the spring a bit.
>>
new thread
>>6429239
>>
>>6429197
SDCC announcements are already top loaded with PotP and the next Titan. The new Beast Wars toys are being saved for Hascon along with Wave 2 of PotP. The follow ups to RID, Rescue Bots and the Bumblebee Movie toys won't be officially revealed until NYTF 2018, along with the rest of 2018's PotP line. We have to space things out.
>>
>>6429231
>314 posts
Oh thanks be you came along to save us!
>>
>>6429216
11am Pacific Standard. 2pm Eastern.

>>6429219
Takara is free to alter or change molds. We won't always sell them here.
>>
>>6429248
We already made one, >>6429231
>>
>>6429249
So will you all show Predaking as a whole, or will that be saved for Hascon?
>>
New thread
>>6429239
>>6429239
>>6429239
>>6429239
no shit meme
>>6429239
>>6429239
>>6429239
>>6429239
>>
>>6429267
Just one of the deluxes.
>>
>>6428531
Complete G1 Thunderwing in decent shape for $5 American. He was in a comic and toy shop in Houston. The way the hired help prices their unmarked items is to look them up on ebay. They asked me what the toy's name was. I simply said "Thunderwing." They saw Generations Thunderwing and said "He's going for $10 but we'll sell it to you for $5." I didn't argue.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.