[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have about 50 unopened 2005 Hasbro Star Wars action figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: anakin.jpg (29KB, 324x480px) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
29KB, 324x480px
I have about 50 unopened 2005 Hasbro Star Wars action figures and about 50 opened. They worth anything now days?
>>
not really
>>
>>6411296
Nah. Nobody really wants these.

Also, just as a general rule, 95% of toys don't really increase in value over time anymore (in fact, many times they go down in price). The only reason toys from the 80s and etc. did is because so few people thought to keep sealed copies stashed back then. By 2005, everyone was definitely wise to that scheme, so even if these were high in demand, there are thousands floating around, ensuring that they'll never cost much on the aftermarket.
>>
>>6411296
depends how much does plastic go for at the recycling plant ?
>>
File: IMG_2485.jpg (122KB, 610x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2485.jpg
122KB, 610x900px
>>6411296
Beyond a few exceptions, most Star Wars figures have not gone up in value greatly. Especially if they are from the Revenge of the Sith line. Maybe if you have figures from The Vintage Collection (pictured), then you can make a little money.
>>
>>6411296
I'd offer like 12$ shipped for a Cody but then I remembered there wasn't one in the ROTS line.
>>
>>6411296
Are you in the UK?

If so, I might be interested.
>>
>>6411296
Post a list off all your figures and i will give you the values of each.
>>
>>6411312
Plus, people are really ridiculously poor these days. When I think back to what people paid for G1 TFs in 1995 it almost makes me ill. Hasbro reissued alot of the early stuff ~2005 and people wouldn't touch it until it was under $10. We've got some incredible stuff coming out of Black Series and Marvel Legends and people are acting like $15-$20 is a king's ransom.

I never used to say this, but enjoy the toys yourself, donate them to legitimately poor people, or destroy them.
>>
>>6411296
do you have general grievous?
its in a wide package and comes with a bazooka or something
>>
If you sort them out by wave, maybe you can put them on eBay and get really (really) lucky and pull $15-30 per 6-7 figure assortment.

Old modern SW shit takes forever to sell, though.
>>
>>6411296
they go for about $6 each at comic shops.
>>
>>6411312
This. I'm a member of several figure groups on FB and MIB collectors are the absolute worst, especially modern Marvel Legends collectors. The packaging isn't even distinct on those yet I've seen dumbasses bragging about owning 50 of the same figure sealed.
>>
>>6412114
This. Vintage usually is good since they are normally the best figures of the characters. Maybe some more obscure figures or Clones could make you some money though.
>>
>>6412363
Also that last clone wars animated ahsoka that actually looked good but was shortpacked. Fuckin 70 dollars and upwards in listings.
>>
>>6412372
It's only $70 because the rest of the case was unsellable.
>>
>>6412372
>>6412405

Till last year's Wal-Mart Black Series re-release.

aw yis.
>>
>>6412446
I don't think they're talking about that ahsoka. I think it's cw44 they're speaking of.
>>
>>6411296
to give you an idea the Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Darth Vader was selling for about $120 back in 2007. It now sells for $10 on Amazon Prime, even less on ebay at times.
>>
>>6412447

Oh, shit I forgot about that one. Ridiculous prices for that one.
>>
>>6412556
I miss the days when I was blissfully unaware of store and convention exclusives.
>>
>>6412447
>>6412578
I think they are talking about both.

I found CW44 on the release day with everyone but the arc trooper. I was glad to get Ahsoka.

They didn't bother releasing the TBS ahsoka here in the UK so i ordered one from America. Ended up with a really shitty paint one so i need to get another.
>>
>>6411312
Every licensed LEGO set over 150$ increases in value.
>>
>>6411296
Even the toys from the 70s aren't worth anything anymore after the internet revealed just how many actually exist. Collecting is a mistake. Just play with your toys or give them to someone who will.
>>
>>6412372
There are actually a fair few animated Clone Wars figures that are worth big bucks. CW44 Ahsoka is the queen, but Darth Sidious, numerous Jedi and clones (especially popular ones like Fives) are worth way more than the average modern Star Wars figure, and while some of it is certainly due to shortpacking, I think another factor is that many collectors viewed the animated figures as "kid's stuff" and didn't snap them up as eagerly as TLC/TVC items, leaving fewer of them on the market today.
>>
>>6414717
Lego is more unique than some cheap Star Wars figure.
Many factors could lead to a price increase for Lego. Any other brands tied to the kit, any unique pieces or unique coloured pieces in said kit. Any controversy, (that Jabba Palace set) that and the adult Lego market is bloody insane.
>>
I have a bunch of the unopened anniversary concept art figures in box. No idea what they are or if they're worth anything either.
>>
>>6414717
>Every licensed LEGO set over 150$ increases in value.
Correct, although a better way to say it is "only Lego sets over $150 increase in value; licensed sets increase more rapidly than non-licensed sets".
>>
>>6414927
They are worth abit more.

Especially if you have all of them. £50 to £100.

Some in the set are rarer than others.
>>
>>6411312
Only Lego sets over $150 increase in value; licensed sets increase more reptilian than non-licensed sets.
>>
>>6412131
I think they did but his arms or legs were kind of weird. I remember they made a much better one in that vintage line though.
>>
>>6411296
>LIGHTSABER ATTACK!
for god's sake what were they thinking?
>>
>>6414845
I never got any ahsoka figs because the poor articulation and some of the face sculpts were meh. But my area never even stocked the set with cw44. I did get the VC version though. I just liked the cw44 head sculpt better.
>>
>>6415448
no, that was in the Saga Collection
>>
>>6411296
let's see what you got OP
>>
>my brother died around the release of episode one
>mother bought me all these episode 1 toys, have a large storage tote full of figures on cardboard
>wish they were at least worth their msrp so I could unload them and not be reminded of the memories
>>
>>6418025
>people thought Episode I toys would be anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7n3YzDA3g
>>
>>6411312
never get in to toy collecting expecting your toys to go up in value in the future rite?
>>
>>6420281
Episode I was kind of different. They oversaturated the market.
>>
The nature of the market has changed. Most people buying toys now don't give a shit about MOC collecting; action figure sculpting and engineering has improved to a point where keeping them in box is tantamount to having a model kit unassambled.

There was a time when you could only get a fraction of what you paid for a figure if you sold it loose. Now -- especially if it's a character in demand/an especially good figure -- you can easily get more than the initial retail cost of the figure new.

People want to pose their toys and set up unique displays in their space. Older Star Wars figures with 5 points of movement can't possibly compare to what's available now.
>>
File: IMG_3930.jpg (237KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3930.jpg
237KB, 1024x1024px
>>6420714
>what's available now
Pic related

I'm just busting your balls, I know what you meant. Soon the glorious TVC will return to save Star Wars collecting.
>>
>>6420828
That is some surprisingly amazing fold sculpting on Baze considering how bad the rest of the figure looks. Like, wow. I'm super impressed.
>>
>>6420937
I stayed away from the 5poa figures hut got some more and they are actually decent quality for how little I paid for them.

The Rogue One figures especially look good sculpt wise AND paint wise. It's the articulation and pack in gimmick that annoys me. Take the gimmicl out and add more articulation.

I believe they are going to do that but TVC is coming back and so hopefully there isn't any need to worry.
>>
>>6411296
About fifty cents a piece.
>>
dude I feel your pain, I have a ton of these as well and they are pretty much dead weight.

I have around 10 vintage collection that I will get around to selling, commander cody, magna guard, admiral ackbar...they fetch around $30-$100 usd on ebay
>>
>>6422535
I have so many VC and OTC figures, just because I loved the posability of them.

When they decided to make the move to 5poa, I started getting old POTF2 and episode 1 and 2 stuff. If I'm gonna get 5poa, might as well go classic.
>>
>>6420316

Yes, buy them for today, not tomorrow. Its hard to predict what will or will not be valuable. Flukes happen and some short packed figures have high demand. There's a sweet spot for value. It tends to be more obscure lines, but with some notoriety and scarcity of course. Star wars is too notable and they re-make characters all the time. There's dozens of anakins of obi-wans.
>>
>>6412283
>Plus, people are really ridiculously poor these days.
I lol'd
>>
>>6411296
What do you have? I've always wanted some super battle droids and magna guards.
>>
File: 2VY1YzC.jpg (53KB, 480x321px) Image search: [Google]
2VY1YzC.jpg
53KB, 480x321px
>>6420828
Sweet Ghostbuster Cao Cao fig, man.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.