[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dont shop here bunch of incompetent fucking idiots who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: share_default.png (13KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
share_default.png
13KB, 220x220px
Dont shop here

bunch of incompetent fucking idiots who want to rip you off
>>
So what happened, anon?
>>
>>6404010
Idiots sent the wrong shit because they dont know the items they sell then tried to charge me the incorrect item after they realized they sent the wrong one, then wanted to charge me to ship the correct item to me. was going to have to send back the wrong item from my own pocket too.

i use past tense because after arguing with them forever the manager finally fixed it
>>
File: test.png (260KB, 1324x604px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
260KB, 1324x604px
>>6404006
Holy shit looks like they don't even want my money
>>
Avoid like the plague any shop that has "Japan", "Tokyo", "Otaku" and any other similar derivatives in the name. You're lucky you didn't end up with bootlegs.
>>
>>6404083
>You're lucky you didn't end up with bootlegs.
>webshop with Japanese distributor
>bootlegs
>>
>>6404083
>Avoid like the plague any shop that has "Japan", "Tokyo", "Otaku" and any other similar derivatives in the name. You're lucky you didn't end up with bootlegs.
They are legit. Just they do some dumb shit sometimes.

>>6404006
I'm not OP but quick review for anyone interested:

Tokyo Otaku Mode USED to be a great shop but some recent changes have really made them suck. First off you have to pay for everything in advance including pre-orders which has always been a shitty thing. Not an issue for stuff in stock of course. My major gripe is everything used to be shipped from Japan but now it's a random mixture of some items shipping from Japan and some shipping from USA (2-3 months later of course) which can make combining a pain in the ass. Then sometimes they don't honor it and your shipment ends up delayed 2-3 months while it goes on a boat to America. Paid EMS? Tough titties. You'll get a refund but that's not what I fucking wanted, I wanted my toy 3 months ago.

In terms of packing quality...they are pretty decent. Not the best but not the worst. In terms of item quality the stuff they send isn't all beaten up. In terms of legit merchandise they don't sell bootlegs. In terms of price they CAN be good if you manage to get a perfect mixture of cash back points and coupons and don't mind paying in advance. They used to be better but they cracked down on coupon and point stacking. I've still gotten a few things for really damn cheap though.

They do give you a free clear file with every order and those change in design each month so that's a nice touch if you enjoy clear files. All in all I suggest using HLJ, AmiAmi and Hobby Search before TOM. I'd even suggest some other sites over TOM as well such as BBTS, Mandarake or Jungle. Use them on a situational basis when the prices are actually amazing.
>>
>>6404006
I' ve only started buying from them recently but i've ordered a bunch of stuff in that short amount of time and had no problems. Should i quit while im ahead, or wait until i've had a bad experience?
>>
> be asiafag
> never heard of them
> see contest ad
> win pretty good stuff from one of their contests
> never buy from them because why would I pay USD in bad conversion when I can buy in yen from other shops.

feelsHoundbot.png
>>
Wow. I'm really shocked and sorry to hear such bad reviews. I've been ordering from them regularly for years now and it's always been positive. I agree the changes in shipping and such suck, but it's not been a big deal for me. I just had to start ordering less and less often.

Even when I've contacted them with a question, they were great. Id say to anyone considering ordering from them, just pay for the EMS shipping for your own peace of mind and know that I've had numerous orders with them and no problems.
>>
>Google maps says they're located 10 miles from my house

>they won't let me pick something up in person

Fuck them
>>
>>6404363
> run a warehouse with a makeshift office
> stupid local customer keeps wanting to come over to save a few bucks on shipping
>>
>>6404310
You should buy where is cheaper for you.
>>
>>6404395
Their shipping is absolute ass.
>>
>>6404078
I hate this meme. Why are they willing to send some stuff but not others?
>>
Yeah they aren't that great anymore after they fixed their easy to abuse point system and increased shipping prices but I at least got a few sonic nendos at retail to scalp to sonicfags the other week
>>
>muh anecdotal experience
You are a dot, Anon. A mere dot.
That said, I am sorry for your misfortune.
>>
I bought one thing from them, was on sale with free shipping, arrived quick. Packing was good. Free shitty candy. Their selection is a bit lacking and new releases seem to lag, I would only buy from their usa stocked items though. Other than that they aren't bad.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.