[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thundercats Classics officially dead > Make most of the team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Thundercats-Classic-Panthro-43-2.jpg (159KB, 2048x764px) Image search: [Google]
Thundercats-Classic-Panthro-43-2.jpg
159KB, 2048x764px
Thundercats Classics officially dead

> Make most of the team
>Waste figures slots in the line with less crucial characters when Mattel is ending Matty Collector
>Line is impossible to continue because Mattel did not own Thundercats and licensed it from Warner Bros.
>Warner Bros. wont let anyone do new figures because they don't want anyone to make competing toy lines if they ever do a movie.
>Neca even tried to snag the license but Warner Bros. said no.

I'd be more pissed if I had bought any of the line knowing I could never finish out the main characters.
>>
If you make all the A listers first then the line never gets past to other characters, it's a smart strategy to do this.

Look at Street Fighter, we always get the same guys, only SOTA with their shuffling around pretty much got everyone made at the time.

Sucks for Thundercats but maybe people just aren't interested in the franchise, the reboot failed, the previous classic toyline failed and this failed. He-Man has less mainstream acceptance but more fans that their line was able to continue.
>>
>>6402358

>only SOTA with their shuffling around pretty much got everyone made at the time.

Yet Zangief, Honda, and Dhalsim were in the final wave that came out when the company was kill.
>>
>>6402358
>Look at Street Fighter, we always get the same guys, only SOTA

Not true, Capcom is forcing Bandai to make that muslim guy when he's an unpopular character that no one plays.
>>
>>6402358

But don't the hardcore collectors buying these lines WANT the obscure characters? That's like the best part about the He-Man stuff.
>>
>>6402417
Theres plenty of time to get the more obscure characters AFTER we get the main ones

>tfw Thundercats Classics Tygra never
>>
It's always a mistake to get invested in Thundercats. At least I got a cool Mumm-Ra out of it.
>>
>>6402391
Raaashidooooo
>>
>>6402391
Hardcore fucking bullshit.

Lots of pro's love that character and he's very popular overseas as well.
>>
Even Bandai couldn't complete the team in their 6"+ scales. I pity anyone who expected Matty too. Once they announced the Kittens as con exclusives that was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>6402680
you liked? or know someone that liked that guy?
>>
>>6402358
Thundercats is complicated honestly. The ratings for newcats was pretty damn good, but as the show devolved more and more and the behind the scenes drama fucked any chance it had at a season 2.

Bandai's toyline also seemed to initially have good sales but they were so slow on getting new figures out that everything started to shelfwarm. There was nothing new to buy for a good long while and those new figures weren't hitting shelves in time. Their classic line also suffered from the scale change mid-way due to complaints from scalefags.

This classic line had to deal with the fact that collectors are fucking sick of Mattel. He-Man only gets by because it's fans have no chance of getting anything else and they know it. They play Mattel's games, and other collectors won't do it. Ghostbusters, DC, Thundercats. Just to name a few deadlines because their fandoms wouldn't deal with Mattycollector.
>>
>>6403366
>behind the scenes drama fucked any chance it had at a season 2.
What happened? I really liked the first season.
>>
>>6403444
This. I would also like to know.
>>
>>6403444
IIrc, the first two episodes were written and directed by different people then the rest of the series, and the ones who worked on the bulk of it had some weird hard on for Tigra and hated Lion-O. The result was Lion-O, the lead of the show, basically being pissed on in favor of Tigra fan-wank. Combined with Cartoon Network's usual ass-hattery for shows they don't own the IP of, and the Thundercats reboot never stood a chance.
>>
>>6402358
>the reboot failed
Only because of CN's BS. If its not a mega hit out the gate its doomed.
>>
>>6402422
no, because the casual joe leaves the line as soon as the main cast is done.
>>
>>6403707
implying the casual joe would buy shit no-name characters
>>
>>6403670
>Only because of CN's BS.

No. More like Bandi's BS.

CN's ratings were great despite their nonsense. They first shuffled around the show which irritated people cause they never advertised that they were moving it to a new day and/or time slot. That alone resulted in fans missing out on an episode or two. Also not showing reruns on older episodes was ludicrous. It wasn't until the season was half over and most people had left the show, that CN start to replay older episodes but it was to late.

Despite all of that, it was the toy sales that killed the line. Bandai's complete "dropping of the ball" was the real reason. The show didn't sell toys so it was deemed a failure by WB who decided it wasn't worth the money to support a cartoon that was made to be essentially a commercial for the toy line.

No toy sales = no cartoon.
>>
>>6403616

It was a little more than just that. The original overall arch of the series was changed a lot. The story editor was replaced at the last minute and a lot of characters were changed just to make the story less "classic." Several scripts were trashed at the very beginning of the animation production which resulted in the series premiere being delayed for a few months.

A good example of this was Pumyra who was never supposed to be a collaborator. The writers purposely changed her cause she was deemed a "minor" character that nobody cared about.
>>
>>6402391
I don't feel like checking his usage stats, so I'll believe you on that he's little played, but the character itselt has become quite popular for a newcomer, probably only second to Juri since the SF4 release.

I can see why they'd choose him if they wanted to make a figure of a recent character.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.