[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Mezco's original designs for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 19

What are your thoughts on Mezco's original designs for the ONE:12 Collective?

I personally don't mind them and I even like some of them, though I can see how they've taken certain liberties or a direction that some may not be entirely fond of.
>>
Its a major turn-off for me. I was hoping for designs based off famous storylines and artists's takes for the characters. My favorites thus far have been DK Bartman and space Ghost for that reason.
That said, I'm coming around, simply because they're still good toys of the characters. I'm thinking of buying either Captain America, but man does that chinstrap bug the hell out of me. Not just for being there, but because it encases his face and makes it look tiny. That said, Daredevil and Green arrow are still two big "hell no"s for me. They ruined the simplicity of daredevil's costume,and GA's just looks generic.
That Batman I actually do like, though. He and Deathstroke are two of the best redesins.
>>
>>6402223
I think they work well on some of the figures. Most of the Mezco stuff I own is pretty high quality but the constant delays are starting to put me off of them.
>>
>>6402223
Some of the design choices don't bother me or make me actually want their versions (Flash, Green Arrow) and some of their choices really make me upset (Wolverine, Spider-Man, Batman). The cinematic and classic designs they've put out are really great.
>>
Overrated, and overpriced.

They're more like Megos than "miniature Hot Toys"
>>
>>6402288
So many delays, I have:

Arsenal
Red Skull
Spider-Man
Superman

on delay at my local toy shop right now. I feel like there's another one, too, but I can't remember which it was.
>>
>>6402355
Black Adam was supposed to be out this month but apparently it's December now.
>>
>>6402223
Re-imaginings are terrible.

The ones that look more classic are excellent.
>>
>>6402223
They had the potential to make THE definitive classic and faithful Captain America but fucking blew it, so yeah not so much a fan of theirs.
>>
>>6402223
They should just stick to artist-specific renditions.
>>
>>6402223
It pisses me of how they seem to have hired one of the Square Enix designers for their line. Tacticool Batman is always embarrassing to look at.

Not that I'm all that interested in Mezco to begin with, though, I'm only waiting for them to make Batman Year 100 and every Batman that is not Year 100 tastes like more time wasted reading news about them.
>>
File: greem arrow comics.jpg (63KB, 575x351px) Image search: [Google]
greem arrow comics.jpg
63KB, 575x351px
>>6402231
>Green arrow are still two big "hell no"s for me
You're lame.
That's one of their best, better than the normal DC comic designs.

Their Batman one in OP is also pretty good, but i like the comic designs more, so it's an easy skip for me.
>>
>>6402223
as long as they dont look like shitty PAK designs then i dont give a flying fuck how they Mezco-ize them. They're awesome enough figures that i can look past that and not be nitpicky
>>
green arrow looked cool, Joker and Punisher turned out great, the "first year" batman there looks horrid.
>>
>>6402552
>Joker
>turned out great
That was really easy to discard your opinion.
>>
>>6402555
>Everyone who likes something I don't is wrong! WRONG!

Okay, Billy.
>>
Genuine question here, what exactly is a "Bat Brick" meant to be?
>>
Its a shame that their take on the retro ironman costume ended up looking bad.

Retro ironman doesn't get enough love with higher end articulated lines.
>>
>>6402633
It's made even worse by the fact that neither of the Marvel Legends classic Iron Man figures aren't particularly good
>>
>>6402633
What's bad about it?

It's a modern retro Iron Man.
Looks neat.
>>
>>6402466
>That's one of their best, better than the normal DC comic designs.

If they have to redesign it that much for you to like it,maybe you just don't like Green arrow?
>>
File: ConnorHawkeGAV2102.jpg (27KB, 219x454px) Image search: [Google]
ConnorHawkeGAV2102.jpg
27KB, 219x454px
>>6402694
i hate that design.
Like the character himself, but the design is so 60s/50s.

This design is better than that one.
>>
>>6402697
>This design is better than that one.
You must just be blind then, because that design looks like fucking garbage.
>>
>>6402633
I think these guys could probably do a pretty damn good Ultimate Iron Man. I had hope that Sentinal would give it a go but theirs would end up even more stylized and probably wonkatated.
>>
>>6402625
That looks like a young Frank.
>>
>>6402699
fuck off, Alex Ross.

Not everyone is an nostalgia for the silverage.

>>6402703
The eyebrows say Michael Keaton.
The overall face is pretty Douglas. Whether Michael or Kurt, it's definitely not Kurt's chin.
>>
>>6402452
>Tacticool Batman
It is obviously inspired by the first appearance
>>
>>6402688
It's neat, no doubt about it. But most people would rather have a comic accurate version of the armour, especially since there's no definitive version of it at the moment
>>
File: Iron Man & Avengers 030sdtb.jpg (119KB, 1043x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man & Avengers 030sdtb.jpg
119KB, 1043x1276px
>>>6402772 there's no definitive version of it at the moment
Yeah there is.

Also, i think it's silly that people will want a classic Iron Man over whatever is made, especially when it seems most people on /toy/ only buy movie shit.
>>
>>6402777
Completely forgot about that version to be honest, I meant 6 inch scale, but that one is pretty great
>>
>>6402777
Do you 1:18 shits have no shame? Obviously no one was talking about that scale in the context of this conversation.
>>
File: dscn0908.jpg (221KB, 593x791px) Image search: [Google]
dscn0908.jpg
221KB, 593x791px
>>6402783
>>6402889
Not that anon but what about this one? I mean I guess it has the Toybiz style hips and no ankle pivot but it's not too bad.
>>
>>6402936
It's also super skinny and relatively short by today's standards, what with it originally being like a decade old.
>>
>>6402768
And yet every detail is trying its hardest to look like kevlar/carbon armor.
>>
>>6402889
>not recognizing a great looking figure just because of its scale
sad that you dont like great toys.
>>
>>6403270
>i was retarded and didn't understand the conversation before making a post, better think of a diversion quick to take focus away from that
Just leave. Nobody said it looks bad, just that you're a dumbass for not having the cognitive abilities to follow along in the conversation and stick to 1:12 scale.
>>
>>6402466
>That's one of their best, better than the normal DC comic designs
What a terrible opinion. It's super obvious how Mezco appeals to non-readers/non-fans.
>>
>>6403277
>i can't think beyond myself and everyone else must think like me
ok scalefag.
Nevermind that the Mezco figures aren't actually 1:12 scale and are actually larger than Hasbro's creeping over 1:12 figures....
>>
>>6402697
>>6402713
>Not everyone is an nostalgia for the silverage.

Nice grammar. Green arrow's costume isn't from the 1950's/60's, its from the 1150's and 60's. It looked like a dated costume even back then, because its just a Robin Hood outfit. Because his whole gimmick is being a modern day Robin Hood, in a domino mask. Its basically the equivalent of wearing a suit of knight armor. Not trying to change your mind or anything, but GA's classic costume isn't really tied to the Silver age(or Golden Age.)

I mean, I'm in my 20's, and thats the costume he had when I was growing up. Discovered DC through some comics and the JLU cartoon,a nd thats how he looked.
>>
File: balding guy.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
balding guy.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>6403353
>Nice grammar. Green arrow's costume isn't from the 1950's/60's, its from the 1150's and 60's.
> isn't from the 1950's/60's
>its from the 1150's and 60's
Nice english

>GA's classic costume isn't really tied to the Silver age(or Golden Age
Here's the funny part, in that Alex Ross is a nostalgiafag and most of his art is based on Silver Age shit. That specific design is Silver Age.
Read more comics, dude.

The 2000s was full of nostalgia wank for the Silver Age too, btw, so no shit you got a retreading of those designs (and stories) when you were growing up.
Considering this, it's not surprising you don't like a modern take on it.
>>
Will you 2 cut it out? That MU Iron Man is nice but it's only the """definitive""" one because all the other Classic IM figures are so shit.

If that exact figure was in 1/12 then by default that one would be the definitive one, by scale alone.

Shit the bar is so low. Like with Classic Superman.
>>
Can someone answer this question for me?

I want to join Mezco waitlists, but I don't want to be charged immediately. If I join a waitlist, which their FAQ states will translate to a pre-order once they have stock, does that mean that I won't get charged until 20 days before the item is set to ship once it's hit pre-order status? Or do I pay for it immediately upon joining a waitlist?
>>
>>6403628
You don't pay immediately upon ordering.
>>
How is the Glow in the Dark version of Space Ghost? I'm really sick of waiting to get the regular version and places only have the glow version in stock.
>>
>>6402688
The greeble for a start, they didn't really need to go so overboard with it.

The whole crotch portion looks hilariously bad, making the belt so big and having the hip disks sit so high makes it look like hes wearing a massive diaper.
>>
>>6404066
Regular Space Ghost is way better. The suit and cape are made from better material and missing the extra head and paint on the accessories on the GitD sucks. The figure is still really nice and invisible Blip is sweet, but I wouldn't make GitD the one you get if you only get one.
>>
>>6403427
>Nice english
Not that anon but he made no mistake there you dumb shit.
>>
>>6404601
Not that other anon, but he did.

Missing apostrophe on "its".
>>
>>6404569
Ah, righto. I'll hang in for a while longer then, thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>6404859
>>6404601
Geez, way to also miss this easy shit
>isn't from the 1950's/60's
>its from the 1150's and 60's
Also, this bit "1150's"

You third worlders need to get gooder at Engilsh.
It's no wonder you guys know nothing about these characters.
>>
>>6405091
He was referencing the actual 1100's, did you not read the rest of his post?
>>
>>6405100
One of the funniest movies, thanks to Robin Williams, is set in ancient china.
>>
>>6405091
Are you retarded or just illiterate?
>>
>>6403628
Not that it matters. You won't be getting whatever it is your waitlisting for. Mezco isn't making more of their product. The waitlist is only if people cancel preorders, and no one with a brain is going to cancel their preorder because most of them sell for more on the aftermarket, so even if they decide they don't want it, it's stupid to cancel the preorder , because what if you change your mind?
>>
>>6405091
The joke was that Green Arrow's classic costume is little more than a take on the classic depiction of Robin Hood, who's adventures took place in the 12th century.
>>
File: mezcopreorder.png (661KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
mezcopreorder.png
661KB, 848x900px
>>6405944
>>
File: Excalibur-Battle-Scene.jpg (214KB, 543x325px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur-Battle-Scene.jpg
214KB, 543x325px
>>6405891
>>6405961
see >>6405101

You have to remember that those designs have nothing to do with the 12th century because people don't care about history and just do whatever they want.
>>
>>6405993
They say, when legend becomes fact, print the legend. An actual 12th century archer probably wouldn't look like a NC Wyeth illustration of robin Hood, or Green arrow. but, in context, one can understand Green arrow's costume is meant to look like a historical archer's costume.
>>
Honestly don't see the problem with pic related, sure, it isn't faithfull to the comic book, but then again, neither are a thousand Batman figures, if the proposal was not to be faithful to begin what's the problem? People who like it will buy it, people who don't will go for something else, and that's it.
>>
>>6406097
>sure, it isn't faithfull to the comic book, but then again, neither are a thousand Batman figures,

The difference is, A) Batman gets a thousand figures, Green arrow only gets a couple, and B) this comes after a Batman figure that was really faithful to the comic book, which raised expectations.
>>
>>6406107
Yeah, but Batman also got almost almost 10 movies in the last 25 years, that's not to mention all the cartoons, GA only got a few cartoon appariations and just recetnly a tv show, kind of makes sense that they went with something closer to the tv/new 52 looks first. Who knows, maybe the character will keep getting popular and we will se more figures of it in the future.

Still, a figure in this scale that seems to properly hold a bow is something to appreciate on it's own.
>>
>>6405993
So both. Got it.
>>
>>6406097
Its just mostly idiots who think only certain characters can't have original designs before their comic designs get released.

It's basically the equivalent of idiots who don't want to read a comic because they think they need to start with issue #1.

It's a great design and it's no wonder it sold out in most places despite it being fucking Green Arrow.

>>6406024
>in context, one can understand Green arrow's costume is meant to look like a historical archer's costume.
>Robin Hood
>historical
hue
Pretty fucking dumb and why it's so fun to poke at people who dont know history, especially someone who doesn't know how Silver Agey it is, because they dont know comics either.
>>
File: Moon Knight Spotlight.jpg (406KB, 1270x632px) Image search: [Google]
Moon Knight Spotlight.jpg
406KB, 1270x632px
You knoe who needs a one:12?

I swear to god though if its none of these designs or they make up some bullshit new costume then i couldn't possibly give less of a shit.
>>
>>6403295
Why do you say that?
>>
File: fallout_vault-dwellers.jpg (234KB, 1506x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fallout_vault-dwellers.jpg
234KB, 1506x1200px
I knoe who needs a One:12. The way they do the fabric spandex on the superheroes would be perfect for a classic vault suit.
>>
>>6407921
"oh boy, this bland, non-descript design is so much cooler than this design that's been in comics for decades!"
>>
>>6407921
Saying someone "doesn't read comics" or "isn't a real fan" is just a nondescript insult for when someone thinks something is bad but can't explain why in non-subjective terms
>>
>>6406783
But there is though:
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/marvel-legends-moon-knight
>>
>>6410356
>http://www.ebay.com/bhp/marvel-legends-moon-knight
one:12 = figure line.
1:12 = a scale.
>>
>>6407954
Indeed.
Also, looking at that blue suit just made me think that Ciclops would also look great in one:12 style, just add a few red effects .
>>
>>6406097
>>6406114
These are good points desu.
>>
File: last week buys.jpg (648KB, 1674x1235px) Image search: [Google]
last week buys.jpg
648KB, 1674x1235px
>>6403295
My dick is bigger than yours.
This is a weekly purchase stash from a couple of weeks ago.
What do you even read?

Sorry dude, but i'm not a nostalgiafag and I'm ok with new designs.

>>6410337
Someone who only watches the TV shows and movies isn't a comic book fan.
>>
>>6411044
Don't make him call you a normie and point out that you aren't as big a fan as he is of the things you like. He'll fucking do it.
>>
>>6402633
It's refreshing just to see a hi-end figure that doesn't have the movie styled IM head.
>>
File: 1498623758959.png (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498623758959.png
60KB, 1000x1000px
Deathstroke and Wolverine are going to be delayed until the end of the year, aren't they?
>>
>>6402231
> I was hoping for designs based off famous storylines and artists's takes for the characters.
There's literally a DCC Line of that.
>>
>>6410332
I just don't understand how a "non-descript" design is bad to you.
>>
does nobody know what a bat brick is?
>>
>>6411044
Kek nigger, starting with Domu I have 2 more of those than you, the UK ed and a Jap ed besides de Dark Horse one.

Been tracking the deluxe edition forever but it costs a kidney and a half.

So I'm gonna let your bad taste with GA slide since your good taste for Domu takes precedence, and you're an exception to the casual rule, but it's still a terrible opinion, unrelated to nostalgia.

Ps: I reposted this because it was deleted.

>>6411070
I don't use the word normie.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.