[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have any collection mania that you strictly follow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: adf.jpg (14KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
adf.jpg
14KB, 502x417px
Do you have any collection mania that you strictly follow?

I only collect one line of toys until I get tired of it and sell it for 20, 40% of the price that I paid.

I just can't imagine having a diverse shelf with a Naruto riding a King Kong fighting against Luffy with the help of Batman. It drives me nuts.
>>
File: 1489996780054.gif (1MB, 540x349px) Image search: [Google]
1489996780054.gif
1MB, 540x349px
Put different lines on different shelves.
Then they don't clash.
Problem solved.
>>
I have this incredibly rare thing where I just don't buy Marvel Legends or any other child-grade figures. Weird, right?
>>
>>6394486
That's not rare, that's just like any other normalfag.
>>
Funny you should say that, as my Aquaman fig is currently riding on the back of my Fluffy from Harry Potter fig.

So to answer your question...no
>>
>on a board for children play things
>somehow lacking imagination
sad
>>
I've been collecting the Shinkocchou Seihou Kamen Rider's that I think look cool so far I have Hibiki, Agito, Decade, and Cyclone Joker.

I have no intention of ever watching any Kamen Rider show.
>>
I can't justify buying random shit no matter how cool it is. I always feel guilty for wasting my money. I can only bring myself to buy figures of waifu-tier characters.
>>
I like to hand write extensive lists of which characters I'll want to collect for each different franchise (which specific members of the Avengers or X-Men, ect). I'll write a new one every now and then even though they end up pretty much the same each time, I've probably written an entire notepad's worth of the within the last year or so.

Not crazy just bored
>>
>>6394416
I mix different lines and different toy brands. I do try to keep everything around the same scale though.
>>
>>6394627
That's totally fine, if you like the design that's all the motivation you need to buy it.
>>
>>6394416
It helps the I hate like 90% of stuff that gets made into toys like marvel, mecha and moe anime girls.

It just too bad that I have recently devolved taste for designers toys made by artist like Ron English and Huck Gee which is not cheap and is considered hipster trash by most on here.
>>
>>6394416
Yyyyyeah. I keep a pretty wacky text file that manages and tracks all of my toy collecting activity. It includes:

>detailed purchase history that goes back to 2014 (including price (plus shipping if applicable), month in which the item was purchased, which items were shipped together, etc)
>monthly and yearly cost breakdowns, plus rolling averages and year-over-year comparisons to track how far down the rabbit hole I have gone
>a code system that signifies grails purchased, as well as purchases that I regret
>a comprehensive pre-order/en-route list divided by stores, prices, and release dates, plus multi-ship planning for Private Warehouse/Pile of Loot
>a graded scale (A, A/B, B, B/C, C) that prioritizes future purchases and various wish-list additions
>>
>>6394416
Anon if you really do that then let me make this clear to you:

You don't actually like collecting toys. You just enjoy spending money frivolously for a brief high and rush of excitement. The things you're spending your money on don't actually matter to you.

Try limiting yourself to a budget or to a number of toys you for certain won't sell and then you'll find out if you actually like toy collecting or not. And if what you really like is just spending your money for a quick high then i'd suggest you try making some financial investments and the stock market out instead.
>>
Whenever I buy a new figure, I write them a little note welcoming them to the menagerie and explaining what I like about them and why I chose them for the collection. Then I give them a little advice on how to fit in with all the other figures, and a copy of my weekly dusting and playtime schedule so they won't get behind on things. I like new figures to feel welcomed :^)
>>
File: best scale.jpg (66KB, 1240x141px) Image search: [Google]
best scale.jpg
66KB, 1240x141px
Not really.

The worst I do is mostly only think about how all my purchases will work within my favorite scale: 1:18.

But I still buy things out of scale because they're too cool to pass up.

... I waste too much money on toys and that is my only real mania.
>>
>>6396411
1:18 is a good scale, but the problem with it is that 1:24 and 1:12 are more common.
>>
>>6396346
Because it's hipster trash. What are you doing here?
>>
I hate having doubles of characters. I have two Captain Americas and Mega Men and it flares up much autism.
>>
File: amberlamps gi joes.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
amberlamps gi joes.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>6398724
Nothing is more common than 1:18 scale.
Practically everything exists for it, unlike 1:24 and 1:12.
>>
>>6394555
It's normalfag to buy $200-300 figures of nerdy anime shit. Okay Anon, sure.
>>
>>6399928
I...I am normal, right?
>>
>>6396411
New /toy/ mania: for the post no. 6666666 I will tell everyone how 1:12 is the best scale.
>>
File: star tours.jpg (304KB, 1536x861px) Image search: [Google]
star tours.jpg
304KB, 1536x861px
>>6402128
Never going to happen, because you cannot do this.
>>
File: STar Tours 118.jpg (572KB, 2316x1302px) Image search: [Google]
STar Tours 118.jpg
572KB, 2316x1302px
>>6402433
>>
File: star tours speeder open.jpg (762KB, 2317x1298px) Image search: [Google]
star tours speeder open.jpg
762KB, 2317x1298px
>>6402435
>>
I like too many different lines, so I try a few things to manage my collection instead of it managing me.
I try to only collect stuff from my initial exspouser to a given franchise. For example, I grew up watching 90's Marvel and DC cartoons, so I only collect comic versions of characters. I make exception for stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy since the movies were my first introduction to the characters. I always try to keep to my preferred scale of 1/12. Transformers don't matter in this regard cause lol scale. Also, I do buy the occasion thing just because it looks cool, but I usually try to only buy stuff that gives me the "warm fuzzies."
>>
>>6394416
Not everyone who collects is autistic anon.
>>
>>6398831
Pretty sure that in a worldwide sense 1:48 is the most common scale.
>>
File: Golden-Girls-Funko-Twitter.jpg (84KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
Golden-Girls-Funko-Twitter.jpg
84KB, 640x799px
>>6405820
So where are the geriatric whores in 1:48 scale?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.