[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pic related >> Get email from Amazon.com saying toy wi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

Pic related
>> Get email from Amazon.com saying toy will be delivered tomorrow
>> click on track package info
>> "Package was damaged and will not be delivered"

Anybody else had horse shit like this happen from Amazon or any where else? post Toy delivery horror stories, gripes, etc.
>>
Amazon is still probably slapping shipping labels directly onto the packaging. They don't care if the packaging is inadequate for mailing.

>80% of the G1 reissue Predaking sets they sold had to be returned because they were damaged in transit

Even if it was adequate for mailing, it still ruins the packaging to plaster a shipping label on it, if you're a MIB collector, never buy from Amazon

>inb4 "people who collect MIB are idiots

Sorry but your opinion doesn't much matter, retard.
>>
>>6389459

Honestly, MIB collecting or not, in my eyes its very unprofessional for a huge company like Amazon to do that. Imagine if you were buying something like that as a gift, and you've got to hand a present over to someone, and you give them a ragged, ratty looking piece of shit box.

When you buy something new, you sort of expect it to arrive to you in reasonably undamaged condition, even if it is just the box.

My biggest issue with Amazon is that they almost always seem to use too little--if any at all--packing materials. Having your item rattle around in a box that's 3x too big often causes an item to arrive damaged too.

I once ordered a figure off Amazon, and was baffled when the box arrived and the box size was only about 2/3 the size of the actual item's packaging. Turns out, they just crushed the fuck out of the item's package so they could fit it into a box that was far too small.

Not toy related, but I've had numerous hardcover artbooks, and comics, and other books arrived banged up, and with fucked up corners because they were improperly packaged too.
>>
>>Amazon.com
>>Order fancy books or $100 worth of Tamashii products: thrown in box with no packing
>>Order shoelaces or some buttons: bubbled wrapped with air pillows

Why.
>>
>>6389561
You can "review" how your order was packed. I do it often enough when things come damaged
>>
>>6389459
>>6389518
>slapping shipping labels directly onto the packaging.
>they just crushed the fuck out of the item's package so they could fit it into a box that was far too small.
Holy shit I've never had this happen to me. That's insane. wtf is going on at Amazon?

>>6389561
>Order shoelaces or some buttons: bubbled wrapped with air pillows
this shit's happened to me though
>>
File: rrrrr.jpg (46KB, 391x312px) Image search: [Google]
rrrrr.jpg
46KB, 391x312px
>>6389459
>Sorry but your opinion doesn't much matter, retard.
It matters enough for you to issue a pre-emptive announcement that "it doesn't matter".
>>
>>6389694
did I say mean things and hurt your feelings?
>>
>>6390118
Not at all. I'm just pointing out that you're a hypocrite and a liar.
>>
>>6389451
anyone want the vehicle from this set? I don't want it.
>>
>>6389518
>Not toy related, but I've had numerous hardcover artbooks, and comics, and other books arrived banged up, and with fucked up corners because they were improperly packaged too.

Yeah, it's because they usually ship them out in these cardboard "folders", and those get banged up pretty fuckin' easily. The upside of Amazon and books is usually they've got damn good prices, downside is it's a 50/50 shot if any of them arrive without getting banged up because they skimp on packaging fucking everything. Still, I'll accept some dented packaging as long as the items within are intact, since I don't give a shit about the packaging.
>>
>>6390369
I'm sure OP would love to have it.
>>
>>6389518
Yeah, i hate ordering trades and books from Amazon, but i don't think its the packaging that bangs the fun out of them, since mine usually come perfectly packaged.
So it's some asshole or robot that's banging the shit out of it when he's taking it to his shipping box.
I've had a cover nearly ripped in half and there's no way that would have happened in transit. It had to be someone just grabbing it from the cover to stick it in.

I usually just use Barnes and Noble for all my online book/trade shopping, since they always package it well AND there are never dings or rips.

Other than that, i have no complains with Amazon. Never had a toy or electronic box broken.
>>
>>6389451
Nope.

But I did see that set on clearance at a TRU a couple months ago, except someone had returned it with the new cartoon version of April inside.
>>
>>6389451

I didn't have it happen with a toy, but a semi-rare book I needed for some writing went missing between ordering and delivery. But Amazon does their own delivery here now (Orlando) for some items. I got the other item from the same order, and Amazon claimed it was delivered, but my mail room says they never got it. So it just up and disappeared. So I got a refund.
>>
>>6389561
Checks out.

>>6389657
>wtf is going on at Amazon?

Outside of the actual tech employees they treat their employees like garbage. Warehouse workers are temps worked to the fuckin bone and the turnover rate is high as fuck.

So it's just a microcosm of the tech industry as a whole: techies are kings, everyone else are peasants to be used.
>>
>>6389459
>retarded tf poster begging for (You)s
>>
File: jnijni.jpg (485KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
jnijni.jpg
485KB, 2048x1152px
>>6389451
>"Package was damaged and will not be delivered"
kek, I remember one time I was biking home and I saw an Amazon truck with an open door take a hard turn, dump their entire load on to the road and keep driving without even noticing.

Pic related.

Would have had a field day stealing packages but unfortunately there was a cop giving someone a ticket literally 10 feet away when it happened.
>>
>>6390369
I do, what's your email?
>>
>>6392564
[email protected]
>>
>>6391704
>Truckers dont care, they just file a 10k damage claim on their insurance
>>
It took me like three weeks to get a Bandai Tamashii shipped from Amazon's warehouse to my address. I tried to cancel it after a while but they said the processing was too far along for that. Eventually it shipped out four days later before arriving. The packaging was inadequate like usual but it miraculously arrived unharmed.

I swear Amazon is getting worse over the years, doesn't help that they're jacking up the cost of Prime while decreasing the benefits and increasing the minimum value for free shipping.
>>
>>6390391
ha! OP here, I would, but I just ordered from ebay instead-- different seller, not fulfilled by amazon.
>>
>>6390394
Amazon said the package made it to my hometown, I just assumed a forklift driver ploughed into the box trying to get a pallet off the truck or whatever
>>
>>6391288
OP, I'm in a town near the orlando area-- with it's own Amazon fulfillment center. maybe it's the orlando/central florida branch of Amazon that's fucking up.
>>
File: whoohahanowslidejustslide.jpg (444KB, 4032x2272px) Image search: [Google]
whoohahanowslidejustslide.jpg
444KB, 4032x2272px
>>6389459
da fuck is MIB?
>>
>>6393974
they mean Mint In Box.
>>
File: pelican_1650b_case.jpg (43KB, 700x444px) Image search: [Google]
pelican_1650b_case.jpg
43KB, 700x444px
>>6389459
People realize they can request it be shipped in an Amazon box right? I ordered a Pelican case and they're wrapped in carboard that says PELICAN so I requested a box and got one. Not that the case needed it.
>>
>>6394071
Come to think of it... I ordered a larger Pelican case and it shipped in a Pelican cardboard box. I had to laugh because these cases are tanks!
>>
>>6389561
I ordered a fabric lightbox.
That shit was in a box.
The box was wrapped a couple of times in a whole buncha that brown packaging paper cushion.
Then put in another bigger box.
What?
I guess Amazon wasn't sure how fragile it was and needed it to put it in one of their boxes, but it was way bigger than I would think it needed.
>>
File: MiB MiB.jpg (30KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
MiB MiB.jpg
30KB, 340x270px
>>6393974
>>6393996
Here come the Mint In Box. The collector's defenders.
Just grade with me.
Just grade with me.
Come on, let me see ya display with me.
Just display with me.
>>
>>6389459
Yep, I had ordered a Sentai Ninninger Lion Ha-oh from Amazon and it's a MASSIVE mecha. They slapped a sticker right on the box and shipped it to me. The packaging was so far fucked one of the flaps was about to bust open. Immediatly returned it and had them ship me one in an actual box.
>>
>>6389451
>>> "Package was damaged and will not be delivered"
I didn't even know this was a thing. Do they plan to refund you in full, including shipping/handling?
>>
>>6389459
I work at one of their warehouses, and they definitely still do this. Seen Lego sets, statues, and on a couple of occasions a really nice, probably expensive full size replica of the red Power Ranger's helmet shipped this way.
>>
>pay $11 a month for fucking Prime
>sends me expensive toy in a box big enough to hold 2 with ZERO padding whatsoever, box is badly dinged

If I'm going to pay for this level of care, then fuck Prime. I don't need their video service, half the audio is muffled so bad the music drowns out voices, 2/3 of their stuff isn't even on the Prime service, and I can pirate stuff for free. $11 a month so they can pack shit with no care, well fuck em, I can buy off eBay.
>>
>>6400114
Oh and

>Prime is free 2-day shipping
>sends half their shit via UPS Surepost which is a slow service similar to Fedex Smartpost

>Prime Pantry is a fucking joke
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.