[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's this new line of SJW-approved dolls that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

File: Woke Girls.png (2MB, 1267x960px) Image search: [Google]
Woke Girls.png
2MB, 1267x960px
So there's this new line of SJW-approved dolls that are about a group of different girls whose bios are full of oppression and bummers who become magical girls for this place called Woke World.

>They are ordinary American girls trying to get by in an unfair world. They have typical concerns like making friends, earning good grades, winning soccer games and figuring out who they are. But because of what they look like and where their families come from, they have to worry about other things too. Things like how other people will treat them because of their skin color, if their families will be separated or even what bathroom they will be allowed to use. At times, they feel powerless in changing their situations.

I shit you not, every doll in the line has the same blank deer-in-headlights expression as seen in pic related. They aren't "woke" for nothin'!
>>
Oh so this is okay but cowboy Ken and Indian Barbie isn't? fucking sjws
>>
You know, typically little girls want dolls for escapism; to get AWAY from this shit. To play out an ideal or fun world. They don't want depressing shit forced into their playtime when its not welcome.
>>
>>6384216
>To play out an ideal or fun world

And they like to have toys they can relate to instead of being forced into the same three basic Barbie styles.

Besides, these don't even exist. It's an IndieGoGo campaign, not an actual new line of dolls. OP is lying to you.
>>
>>6384162
>Woke World

>>woke

Is there a more annoying word today. I just picture the girl from Dear White People.
>>
>>6384226
>And they like to have toys they can relate to instead of being forced into the same three basic Barbie styles.
I doubt they ever cared, kids can play with anything and already have been. A toyline like this is just for parents to feel smug about, not for kids.
>>
>>6384236
Anecdotal, but in the past anons who work retail have chimed in on witnessing black moms trying to get their daughters to want a black barbie when the black daughter only wants the Frozen/Hannah Montana dolls and such.
>>
>>6384162
>Woke world
anon, please be joking
>>
>>6384216
>>6384226
i wanted to make something in-between G.I Joes and Barbie....one day anons, one day
>>
>>6384162
>>
>>6384269
Didn't marauders already do the 1/18 Valkyries though?

Or do you mean barbie sized G.I Joes? Because those would just be Action Man.
>>
>>6384276
lol, triggered the tumblrina
>>
>>6384277
...more or less G.I joe sized female figs with accesories (and action-ish themed)
>>
>>6384299
Ah i get ya. I think that'd probably do pretty well actually, especially if you also include playsets and stuff.
>>
Jem already did the SJW feminist doll thing... in 1985. And those had dyed hair!
>>
>>6384317
>dyed hair!
OUTRAGEOUS!
>>
>>6384289
Milo is a gay Jew that doesn't care about white people.

Lol, triggered the /pol/smoker
>>
/co/ needs to leave.
>>
>>6384226
>And they like to have toys they can relate to instead of being forced into the same three basic Barbie styles.
Anyone remember what that video was called? The one with the experiment using white and black dolls where all the kids, even the black ones, would only pick the white dolls?
>>
>>6384336
Marvel Legends and DC Icons/Collectibles are still """"""""""""""""""toys"""""""""""""""""" so good luck with that.
>>
>>6384382
I mean more of their "We must bite the bait!" attitude that they have and think is normal here. I checked the board out recently and it suddenly made sense where these newfags were coming from with that.

Instead of trying to have a good thread they just start shitposting and then taking those shitposts as being absolutely earnest to start an argument. It was honestly bizarre when i saw it happening there so often.

It's no wonder subjectautist likes it there.
>>
>>6384405
It's a shame it went to shit. I used to post there because it's pretty much the only place on the internet I can think of that would care about [nospoilerson/toy/]giving my comic script drafts any kind of honest review[/meansyoushouldbespoilingTLK].
>>
>>6384405
/co/ is full of people from tumblr. That statement isn't bait or trying to perpetuate some tumblr boogeyman, /co/ is literally populated by people who only frequent that board or are from tumblr. Every shitpost thread is taken at face value to the point where I would say they are arguably worse than /v/.
>>
I don't think there's anything wrong with having a line of multicultural dolls so every little girl can have one that looks like them, I actually think that's pretty neat.

Those look really bad and that description is terrible, though. Also fuck the term "woke." Who decided the term for being aware of supposed racism/sexism/whatever the fuck had to be the dumbest one possible?
>>
I'm black and have a 3 year old daughter. I'm all for diversifying the Barbie line, so these figures are welcomed in that respect.

The bios, on the other hand, sound pretty cringe-worthy. I highly doubt my kid will even give a shit if her doll has been through the unfairness of being a minority in America. She just wants them to shut the fuck up and drive around in their RV camper.
>>
So I went on the site and I have to say this stuff is hilarious. If you're ever in the mood to like something ironically, this is a good place.

Also the name "Woke World" is so dumb, lacking creativity, and sounds like it was created by a group of corporate execs that haven't had human contact that wasn't chart listing trends and focus testing. Like they just took something the youth be into nowadays and added "World" after it
Jesus, it makes it when Fine Bros.'s "React World" title sound marginally less retarded.

At its core it seems like a decent idea, a brand based on some young girls becoming magical girls and using their innate talents manifested as magical powers to stop and evil and such. But the completely lack of subtlety makes the whole thing ridiculous.
>>
>>6384556
i remember western magical girls were a thing back in the 00s
>>
>>6384556
>corporate
i used to thing this whole woke stuff was usually kinda "indie" and stuff
>>
File: I am elemental Wisdom.jpg (81KB, 900x434px) Image search: [Google]
I am elemental Wisdom.jpg
81KB, 900x434px
ITT we post better "Toys for girls."
>>
>>6384599
You mean Steven Universe but better looking
>>
This doesn't know what it wants to be.

Are they "woke" and in a real world with real problems or is it escapism with a fantasy dream world and all kinds of other shit?
>>
File: www.bigw.com.au.jpg (138KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
www.bigw.com.au.jpg
138KB, 1200x1200px
>>6384599
So awesome, you'd almost buy it for yourself.
>>
>>6384575
The word itself is but it's become so commonplace that it's 100% believable that some corporation would grab it and try to sell it to the kids to try and prove they're "hip" and "with it"
>>
>>6384612
the LEGO Generals made me consider getting the Elves line a few times, but i am still not there
[spoiler] all those purple bricks, and colorful hoodies though [/spoiler]
>>
>>6384162
It will appeal to the same people who think GoldieBlox and IAmElemental are empowering or whatever they're ranting about this week. Those of us with sense will continue to ignore the raving lunatics. At least the people running this project know how to use a space bar.
>>
>>6384643
>outing yourself as new like that
Embarrassing...
>>
>>6384612
This is the first "girls lego" set that I've thought looked like girls that aren't into house play would want. Holy shit this looks awesome.

>>6384599
My local comic book shop has these and I want to buy them because they're awesome, but I don't want to make them unavailable for some girl who wants a superhero figure.
>>
>>6384654
If you want to get a figure just get it, and i'm sure there're plenty of other superhero toys a girl could buy there too. I'm looking forward to their 6"/7" figure for Wisdom, i'm liking the improvements they've done over the first series. Oblivion, Logic and Ingenuity were my picks from the group.
>>
No normal parent is ever going to pay >$20 + shipping for one of these hiddeous things when dozens of decent diverse and "I'm not Barbie" lines have died just in the past decade. People say they want these things, then they balk at the price, or the kid only wants a Disney princess or regular Barbie. Then the line gets cancelled, and people immediately ask why Barbie is the only doll out there.
>>
>>6384162

STILL I RISE! Is that a Donald Trump quote?
>>
>>6384162
The dolls look okay except for the eyes.
>>
>>6384654
There's DC Superhero Girls action figures now so just buy them.
>>
>>6384599
I'm really digging the one on the far right. Mount some oversized gatling guns on her and yourself a party.
>>
File: dcshgactionfigureallrn.jpg (40KB, 540x160px) Image search: [Google]
dcshgactionfigureallrn.jpg
40KB, 540x160px
>>6384599
>>6384612
Little girls as least like these things. They don't care about being "woke". They just wanna play with their toys.
>>
>>6384724
That's also probably the best Katana and Hawkgirl figure we're getting for a long while.
>>
Why can't companies just put out multi-cultural dolls without it being retarded shit about how hard it is being a minority or how progressive they are?
This is only going to appeal to SJW moms.
>>6384603
At least the SU characters have different faces and body types.
Those all blend together.
>>6384724
My little sister has a few of these.
If they had better articulation I would have probably bought a few for myself.
>>
>>6384612
dragons and dinosaurs are what girls really want
>>
Rant time.

This shit is always so cringe worthy because the people making them know NOTHING about the toy industry or why things are the way they are. They just think there is some kind of racism issue, white privilege and some kind of conspiracy to make black/brown girls feel like shit about themselves. The reality is toys require huge volume of sales to be worthwhile because the process of making toys is expensive AND the families who can afford these luxuries are few and far between. With that said there IS a lot of toys aimed at girls and also brown people these days. Whether it's Marvel Legends, Barbie, American Girl dolls or many many more.

If these people expect the lines to be MAJORITY brown people and are aiming for majority brown people they are destined to fucking fail unless they charge really high prices to get the few SJW moms out there. It always gets me how these people always balk once someone brings up actual racial demographic percentages and how most these industries they are calling racist ARE adhering to those percentages quite well. I hate the fucking "mirror analogy" they bring up when this is pointed out. "hurrdurr white people see their reflection in a giant house of mirrors and brown people have to struggle to see it in a hand mirror" as if that somehow justifies their calls for OVER REPRESENTATION in media/toys/etc. I mean fuck white/asian/arab/etc people right? They should be buying BROWN toys for their children because the poor oppressed minorities need to see their reflection everywhere too!
>>
>>6384226
I 'm not a blonde tannes person and I still wanted the blond tanned barbie.
I enev had black dolls.
not sure little girls really want dolls who look like them unless they are narcissist.
>>
>>6384216
This is escapism, reality is where the world treats people that think their skin, genitals or national origin gets them a special right to an easy path to success like the shitheads they are.

Sure, bathrooms of assholes and religions are horribly unfair things to be fixed, but just because you are 1/15th Israeli does not mean a white person saying your coffee will be $4.59 while the prior customer got theirs for $3.89 becuse they got there during happy hour and you were two minutes late makes you oppresed and deserving of recompense.
>>
Does this mean I'm going to get the Morbidly Obese Barbie I've been dreaming of?
Complete with a little cooler to keep her glucose cool.
>>
>>6384162
What's with the eyes? Those girls look like they've seen some serious shit.

>oppression
>>
>>6384162
the eyes.. it's like someone with an assault rifle is pointing towards them.
>>
>>6384269
MotU.

>literally more inclusive than fucking Barbie
>>
>>6384162
>they seen some shit
>>
>>6384261
Well, I can imagine they want the characters from their favourite movies and pop culture. Most of those happen to be white girls. Some whatever black barbie probably isn't very exciting.

Anyway, I really don't care about this OP. All this outrage about SJWs is embarrassing. It's not new - the Simpsons covered this decades ago, when Lisa tried to fight back against sexist clichés with her Lisa Lionheart. It didn't work out. Given the choice between garbage and food, most of us will choose garbage.
>>
Eh whatever, let them have their own line of toys. Just as long as they don't try to poke their ass into MY toys, like they try to with everything else.

gotta say though, these toys won't sell for shit
>>
File: 1498090455520.png (108KB, 242x265px) Image search: [Google]
1498090455520.png
108KB, 242x265px
Do they look so startled because they've been triggered?
>>
>>6385832
ITS a GIMMICK
>>
>>6384162
>They are ordinary American girls trying to get by in an unfair world

You mean every human being on the planet?
>>
>>6385149
>implying any cause lisa ever supported was good
>>
File: 1489447016924.gif (92KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1489447016924.gif
92KB, 500x377px
>>6384162
>be a woman born in a western country
>complain about how hard and unfair the society you live is
>>
>>6385975
This. Yes, women can get raped and abused in western civilization, but not nearly at the level that kinda shit happens in Africa and the Middle East. Women in America had it better in the 1950s than women in those unsavory parts of the world do TODAY.
>>
>>6385982
All the days lots of men get raped working inside of a south american mine, diving on shit in India, spending months in a frozen sea without see their families or working 8 hours or more under the Spanish sun in the construction... but it's ok, we dont care they are only men and they dont have a lobby
>>
>>6384226
There are black dolls that aren't fuck ugly like these.
>>
>>6384236
I sure related to Optimus Prime and Goku as a kid, yes sir.
>>
>>6384162
The target market is well-off poc, but I doubt they'll be popular.

They're too expensive for poor people, but too low quality for rich kids. They're not name brand so most kids won't be aware of them. Only SJW's are going to buy these.
>>
>>6385995
So go make a lobby for men. If men have it shitty, does that mean women have to have it shitty too? I'm not an sjw, but youe argument is pure ass.
>>
>>6384276

wow nice "meam".

>>6385832

Its cuz theyre W O K E
>>
>>6384162
>what bathroom they are allowed to use

What did sjws mean by this?

Also why do they all look really surprised?
>>
>>6384599
Does that one have a tentacle arm? Hot.
>>
>>6384800
Bitches love dinosaurs.
>>
>>6386684
I'm pretty sure the point was we should lobby for fair and better treatment of everyone and not just "make things better for women"
>>
>>6388509
SJW made a major stink in the US over transgender people and what bathrooms they're allowed to use. Basically they said trannies not being allowed in the womans restroom was discrimination.
>>
>>6384162
Why do the black, asian, and muslim dolls all have the same eye and facial features? Don't SJWs complain about minority dolls being dark skinned but still having anglo-saxon features? Shouldn't each of these have distinctive facial features?
>>
>>6388591
Because if you do shit like give an asian squinty eyes, blacks big lips, or whatever the stereotype is for muims, it's racist.
>>
>>6388564
I get it. I get the point he was trying to make and the point you are trying to make. Think of it like this, it's like going to joecon and getting upset because there's no tmntcon. Some dude liked joes so much he made a con for his favorite toyline, and now this other guy is upset because of that.

If you feel males have it bad, so something about it, rather than just bitch that the other gender are actually doing something about their issues. Work to rise above, not bring everyone down to your level.
>>
File: 1490143480553.jpg (81KB, 960x692px) Image search: [Google]
1490143480553.jpg
81KB, 960x692px
>>6384162
>>
>>6388586
Let me guess, your argument consists of "XX and XY chromosomes are the only bio facts I bothered to remember to support my retard beliefs"
>>
>>6388662
I made an argument?
>>
The fact that legitimate criticisms about these dolls are being shutdown with le alt right nazis is retarded. They fucking SUCK. this is objective. what about these dolls is interesting or attractive to children?
>>
>>6384162
I blame /co/ related bullshit for letting unironic SJWs in /toy/
>>
>>6384162
The muslim girl looks like her entire family was just murdered by U.S. weapons that were sold to terrorists by Trump
>>
>>6384162
If you don't want them, don't buy them, my dude
>>
>>6384320
Truly, truly outrageous.
>>
>>6388662
What even does your statement mean? There was a stink put up about transgender people being allowed to use their bathroom of choice, and when they were given the right in some areas, a bit stink was put up from people of cis gender not being comfortable sharing the restroom with transgendered people as well as from people who were worried that people would abuse the right by just using the opposite gender restroom regardless of actual gender identification.
>>
>>6388646
Clearly you don't get the point, with your false equivalence. It's more like starting a program to rescue stray and abandoned dogs, while ignoring stray and abandoned cats because they have it easier in the wild, since they hunt and feed on pests.

And I'd also like to point out that anyone who does try to stand up for "Men's Rights" is ridiculed and/or labeled as a misogynist.
>>
>>6384162
of course can't wait till this fails and they blame white people
>>
>>6388662
yes as im not a science denier like these sjw types
>>
File: intersex1.jpg (251KB, 934x1080px) Image search: [Google]
intersex1.jpg
251KB, 934x1080px
>>6392565
If chromosomes were the only thing that mattered about gender, this woman would have to be considered a man. She has XY chromosomes and a vagina. Her name is Emily Quinn.
>>
>>6392599
Birth defects are a new gender you realise how retard this makes you sound right
>>
This isn't fucking /toy/ related
>>
>>6384216
Not true, we make our Barbies suffer with huge soap operas and immense amount of deaths during secret agent missions
>>
>>6392987
it is just politics is going to be in everything from now
>>
>>6392608
>new gender
No, she's a woman. What I'm saying is XY doesn't equal man, chromosomes don't matter that much.
>>
>>6388654
Go to bed Ctrl-Left. Nobody wants you here.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.