[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, is buying toys from the Philippines on eBay as sketchy as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

File: download.png (4KB, 355x142px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 355x142px
Hey, is buying toys from the Philippines on eBay as sketchy as buying from China? A brief Goggling didn't yield any Philippines-based horror stories, so I figured I'd ask.
>>
>>6373197
I would stay away from most asian countries besides Japan and perhaps Korea.
>>
>>6373197
It should be fine, SEA countries gets plenty of toys/figures sometimes even ahead of the actual releases stocked in their Toys R' Us stores.
>>6373231
Racist.
>>
>>6373197
i only know they mostly scalp, but i only THINK they ship a long time
>>
>>6373197
I'd prefer not to make deals with unofficial sellers on a different island. Fixing problems will just be expensive and long.

Haven't experienced problems with old toys bought in the Philippines. Not sure about newer toys grown there.
>>
>>6373197
Common sense still applies on discerning if the seller is a scammer.
There are legit hobbystores here in manila that maintain an ebay account.
Check " great toys online"
They are a reputable toystore that ships internationally. They also stock lotsa goodies.
>>
I bought 2 robot spirits from the flips once. The Spearheads from Eureka Seven. It arrived impeccably packaged with Filipino newspaper. Would do again.
>>
>>6374188
>I'd prefer not to make deals with unofficial sellers on a different island.

Enjoy shopping at BBTS and Walmart for all your needs then. Japan is a different island from Murrika too y'know.

But don't buy from Philippines. Pinoys are literally the Mexicans of Asia.
>>
>>6374869
>the Mexicans of Asia

If Mexicans were even more religious. They don't even allow divorce in the Philippines like what the fuck is that
>>
Watch out for shifty Engrish "typos". I almost fell for the "Tasara Tony" Masterpiece Transformers...
>>
>China
>Taiwan
>Hong Kong
>Philipines
>Thailand
>North Korea
AVOID
>>
>>6373197
There is a really good seller on Ebay from the Phillipines that usually has recently released scales under MSRP and with free shipping. They don't mind haggling either.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/greattoysonline-com?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Other than them, I can't say for sure.
>>
How bad are the phicen, tbleague, kumik, etc. 1/6 on ebay from chinese sellers? Aren't they all made in China anyway?
>>
>>6376200
Those are made in regulated factories though, with some form of QC.

The kos are just stolen molds. While they have the potential to be just as good, they largely aren't. And everything sold from China is a knockoff. At least they aren't marked up as bad.
>>
>>6376208
kos?
>>
>>6376214
Knockoffs.

If you really want to order from China though, never order from someone with zero or shitty feedback. Ever. You will be fucked hard
>>
How about Malasya?
Just bougth this for literally nothing on ebay.
Should be here in 15 days.
>>
i never had a problem w chinese sellers. but i've only bought from established ones, w thousands of good feedback. shipping can take a few weeks, but i've gotten some sweet deals on hard to find items
>>
>>6376459
All knockoffs.

But yeah, that goes for everyone, only buy from established sellers. With the chinese though all the ones with zero feedback are guaranteed scams.
>>
>>6376401
Post pics when it comes in.
>>
>>6376498
>All knockoffs.
Not true. That's a silly, uninformed statement.

Are there a lot of knockoffs from China? Sure, naturally. Are all products sold out of China a knockoff? Not at all.
>>
>>6375195
>>Taiwan
What? Japan, Korea, and Taiwan are countries I would generally trust to buy from.
>>
>>6375195
>north korea
>on ebay

I'd buy it just to commit an international crime.
>>
>>6376401
See >>6342590
>>
>>6377506
Whut? Taiwan is just as bad as China anon.
>>
File: 1497718519387.gif (510KB, 346x367px) Image search: [Google]
1497718519387.gif
510KB, 346x367px
>>6374869
Their language is similar to Spanish too!
>>
>>6373197
I'd only worry about the big P because they're slipping a bit on stability right now. But I guess their president is tough on crime and ebay toysellers don't want to be shot for breaking the law. Go ahead.

Being ausfag, buying from China, Phillipines, Malaysia, is often very cheap and with free shipping. Wouldn't buy anything high spec tho.
>>
>>6377549
Fuck. I guess I got myself a bootleg. Also, it comes without a box, unless you pay extra $5.
>>6377494
Can do, man. It'll be funny.
>>
>>6374901

Advantageous to the pinoy men. They send their wives to work and sit at home eating Jollibee fried chicken and spending any cash they can get their hands on.

That money you just paypaled to Great Toys Online? Yeah, it's going to winner winner chicken dinner.
>>
>>6378295
Livin' the dream.
>>
>see thing I want
>best offer button
>lowball ebay seller
>accept
>pay as soon as I get the pay now thing

was he trying to catch me lowballing and then not paying? what does he think i am? poor? lmao
>>
I won a Black series Boba Fett for 40 bucks. Couple of things.

The picture is of a bootleg Boba they all use. He has zero feedback. He is from US, but he types like a chinaman. It also has that "Gift" in the title. And with his zero feedback his whole description sounds like someone who's been on Ebay a long time.

I asked for a picture of the proof of purchase.

If he scams me (fake picture), am I covered by Ebay?
>>
>>6380029
Always.
And then by Paypal.
And then by your CC issuer.

Buying on Ebay has little risk, it's just a waste of time and energy dealing with scammers, however.
>>
>>6378143
It's one of the better bootlegs, I think only the eyes will be shit and the plastic is of course shinier, not matte. I just hope it wasn't more than 20 bucks for you. I am waiting for one myself.
>>
Is buying from Japan on ebay ever a bad thing? Wanted to buy some toys but the jap didn't have any reviews so I didn't trust it. Also it said freeshipping but would it get through customs without a fee? It was $165
>>
>>6382198
Toss of the dice because of low/now reviews. With that said, Mandarake just opened a storefront on Ebay, and last check they only had 23 feedback. They are a well-known, established business, however.
>>
>>6380878
I just don't want to go through the process of returning a bootleg if I paid 40 bucks for it. Last time that happened I got fucked hard.

He hasn't answered any messages though so I think I just won't pay for it.
>>
>>6382219
I've heard whispers of Mandarake dummy accounts that just set up accounts with your payment information and buy from Mandarake for you.
>>
>>6382198
>>6382219
>>6382254

Speaking of Mandarake, I posted a thread a few weeks back, but two years ago I bought from a seller listed as a Japanese one, who was actually buying off Mandarake and shipping it with my shipping info. Apparently the seller was actually located in another country, and I guess was pocketing money from the order by filing a credit card issue. This will blacklist your address from Mandarake, as I was,and they are VERY difficult to get a response when they ban you. I was able to finally get a response after two years, and I was able to sort it out by pointing out they didn't use my userID or credit card, but it was still tricky. However, they also said they couldn't help if it happened again, and to use more reliable sellers next time.
>>
>>6382254
https://twitter.com/Mandarake_En/status/876761931008192512
>>
Do they charge customs fees for everything on ebay to Canada if they don't throw up an import fee?
>>
I have only ever gotten knockoffs from the Philippines, not sure how everybody else had such good luck. Just use common sense, if the price is too good to be true then it probably is

Although the Revoltech MGS figure I got was incredible for a knockoff
>>
>seller uses cheap service like Parcel Post, Fedex Smartpost or some other small time unheard of company that takes 7-10 days to get it to you, so they can pocket an extra dollar

There is no reason at all to use parcel post unless it's a large package where the price difference matters. With small things the price savings is 50 cents or less(I've had it be 10 to 15 cents in most cases), how can a seller be so greedy as to make you wait a week so they can keep a few extra cents?

Oh you might be fucked if they send your toy media mail, not only is it super slow but things like toys are not eligible and USPS does random opens and inspections on media mail packages. If they find a toy they up it to priority and want to charge you the difference. I had someone send me a game console by media mail, the seller got an angry letter asking for them to cover the difference I had to pay.

I hate Smartpost. Usually it seems fast until it hits the black hole known as Grove City OH where it has to scan as arrived and departed 3 days straight.

OSM, never heard of them, a seller 1 state away used this company and their tracking only shows an acceptance scan. For the small size of this thing I don't see why a service like this was used.

It's further insulting when their postage charge is enough to cover priority.

I do give sellers who do this lower stars and mark "no" when eBay asks if it arrived by the expected date, because it didn't arrive.

Domestic packages should not travel at a speed you'd expect of a foreign purchase. Also

>seller refuses to do combined shipping, pockets extra postage fee on each item

Then I don't buy more than one of their items.
>>
>>6382376
Are you going to sellers with high feedback and checking the negative feedback for any mention of bootlegs/fakes/counterfeits?
>>
>Buyer opens ebay case before ever sending me a message
>Case is over a really minor issue that would have been resolved in a single message.

I hate people like this.
>>
>>6386758
I don't know why people don't just do first class mail with usps. I send everything that way and it's a 3 day delivery for like half the price of priority.

>>seller refuses to do combined shipping, pockets extra postage fee on each item
Though on this one I can understand if they offer combined shipping at checkout but people don't use that, and instead expect them to refund the difference.

You still get billed the fees for that shipping. I had a guy in australia buy 6 items separately and pay $20 shipping each time, and I refunded him the difference but that still cost me about $10 in fees I did not need to pay.
>>
So... what am I suppose to do if a seller sent a package using another shipping service? A product I bought (that had free shipping) had USPS Priority, but it's taken days to arrive, and the seller apparently used USPS Ground.
>>
>>6390026
Depends, do you want to fight over something taking a bit longer to arrive?

If it was something critical you needed (actually needed) then yes. Otherwise, kinda sucks, but not worth fighting over.
>>
>>6390030
It was meant to be a gift. It shipped last Tuesday, and I was expecting to get it this Monday.
>>
>>6390036
*Expecting to get it before Monday.
>>
>>6379672
How low was your lowball?

I get a lot of accepts from sellers at 50%. Maybe like 1 in 5 offers
>>
>>6390009
I've been really lucky in this sense. Even with buyers who have low feedback. People are such cunts.
>>
>>6390036
If you know for sure the other shipping was agreed upon and faster, I'd raise the issue. You'll probably at least get a partial refund.
>>
>Buyer buys 3 things from me.
>Leave him one feedback since the three instances of feedback don't stack anyway.
>He sends me 24 messages DEMANDING feedback for the other two items.

What the hell...
>>
>>6398660
Probably ESOL that never really read how ebay works.
>>
>>6378143
You're honestly better off buying the bootleg, the paint isn't quite as good but the MGS2 soldier is one of the best bootleg figures out there
>>
Really when buying from sellers from any asian country you should check ratings carefully, try to locate anyone who's bought from them before, and avoid sellers with rare goods for great prices that are years old using stock pictures, good chance they might be selling bootlegs on purpose/without knowing what the fuck they're doing.

China is automatic avoidance while hong kong you need to weigh things up, I bought from Philippino sellers before (both in person and online), don't buy from them unless you know your product knowledge as some have no idea what they're seller other than "its cool".
>>
>>6373197
I have a buddy there now and he's got a bunch of stuff up for sale on eBay. He's totally legit, but... yeah.
>>
>>6377639
No? I've bought plenty of mint CHUGformers from Taiwan sellers for dirt cheap and they werent even knockoffs
>>
>>6398660
>>6402638
ebay really should've just dumped feedback for buyers when they made it impossible for sellers to leave a negative.
>>
>Buyer opens a paypal case over a combined shipping discount because I didn't refund him 100% of the shipping for the second item.
>Does not understand that I still have to pay fees on that money and that combining the items adds weight and cost to the first package.
>It's over $3.50 in shipping of which I gave him 2.75 back.
>He's doing this for 75 cents

Buyers are awful.
>>
>>6407487
Agreed. Buyer feedback is totally worthless and does nothing but pad already small feedback totals.
>>
There is absolutely no risk in buying from any country on ebay. If you get scammed, you *will* get your money back every single time.. it just might take a while and be kind of annoying. A lot of Chinese sellers will just let you keep the item if its cheap because they don't want to pay for return shipping.

I've ordered from a toy store in the Philippines and everything was fine. I've ordered lots of stuff from individual sellers in Japan and they are always the best. They pack everything nice and write you little thank you notes.
>>
>>6410437
tell that to the buyers who got envelopes of beads or snack food from China when they bought $100 Transformers, for eBay to insist they pay money to return mail the "wrong item". Postage on much anything TO China is a bitch to start with, and it's clearly fraud so eBay shouldn't demand that.
>>
>>6410468
This is some next level fearmongering.
>>
Okay, this is the ebay thread I guess and I don't want to make a new one

But today I clicked on a category to browse and noe ebay won't allow you to 'see all results' (and go to list view) any more

What the fucking fuck, I haven't been so pissed off at a website in years. I've found so many good things at great prices over the years by checking the entire category as opposed to specific search terms
>>
>>6376172
>>6374210
The prices and stock are decent, however the owner is unresponsive and has a reputation of cancelling orders.
>>
The best way to know is to have some common sense and actually read what you're buying but this is aparently too hard for most.

Also it's not just China sellers that will sell you bootleg and counterfeit garbage disguised as the real deal, because somehow these scumbags have found ways to use adresses in diferent countries to make the listings look more legit than the obvious giveaway "SHIPS FROM CHINA". May be warehouses, maybe just fake adresses, I saw one that said "Ships from Guandong, Canada" or something.

So before buying anything try searching for the same item from other sellers, if bootlegs exists you'll notice because the stupid fucks all reuse the same pictures for that one item, they can't be bothered to get different product pictures or description either, it's all copy-pasted, assembly line robot-like. Just like the shit they sell.
Always dispute if you get chinked, 99% you'll get your money back without shipping the crap back.

>>6388936
This isn't a reliable method of telling bad sellers apart, because the retardos buying bootlegs rarely realize it and leave good feedback or don't complain if they do notice.
>>
>can no longer disable Best Offer when listing, it's forced on us

I knew it would happen eventually.

>can set auto decline when listing now, set it to 1 cent below BIN and put in description that Best Offer isn't accepted

The only way now to avoid this "give me free shit" nonsense.

Also

>First Class postage no longer showing up in list, have to set to generic "economy shipping"

I can't wait for them to start forcing maximum prices on items based on "past sale statistics" using keywords only.
>>
File: firstclass.png (22KB, 630x390px) Image search: [Google]
firstclass.png
22KB, 630x390px
>>6418809
>can no longer disable Best Offer when listing
>First Class postage no longer showing up in list
No idea why you would be having a problem. Everything is fine for me.
>>
>>6419012
checking their community discussion it seems some features are not showing up for selected sellers at random. I hate this new selling interface either way.
>>
I love how it negatively impacts our seller ratings if the post office is delayed in final delivery through no fault of mine. This can include

>sort facilities taking 2-3 days to get packages through
>misdirected packages because of their error
>buyer sends to work address and can't be delivered on Saturday because the place is closed

I've had two packages get "returned to sender" with no issues or damage because the destination sort facility sent to the wrong local PO, and the idiots sent it back instead of sending it to the right PO.

Ebay is aiming to please the jackasses that expect Amazon customer service from private sellers getting rid of personal possessions. It's bad enough Paypal takes it out of our pocket for courier damage- that's what insurance is for. You can specify "no returns" but that's irrelevant because eBay/Paypal forces it with their claims system. Label an item "untested sold as-is" yet they will still get a refund if it doesn't work.

Ebay/Paypal needs an overhaul and to stop kissing buyer's butts so hard at the expense of individual sellers. We're not Amazon, we can't send you a new one of a thing we only had one of. Postal errors are out of our hands, stop blaming us for it.
>>
>>6419529
I don't see why it wouldn't be our fault as a seller. We are the ones who decide from the very beginning how a package will be delivered to the recipient. Every courier service provides the exact guidelines to how much wriggle room is in the delivery window and you ALWAYS have the option to charge a higher shipping fee when listing to cover. Cheaping out on delivery to earn a bit more money is entirely on the seller, as is not CYA when it comes to HOW it will be delivered (e.g. holds, redirects, return to sender, reattempts, etc.)
>>
Related to the op topic, what are the countries you should avoid when buying toys?
>>
>>6418809

you can turn the best offer off by editing the listing via the ebay app
>>
>>6418809
>>6419023
>>6424246

When you list something make sure that you are using the "Advanced" tool. The quick listing tool will sometimes mess up and make it so that there is a best offer button. Always use the advanced listing tool and you won't have that problem.
>>
>>6424218
Italy.
>>
>>6379672
No, he was trying to get you to pay any amount. Now he'll ship you some costume jewellery or something but he'll make sure to alter your address enough so that it never reaches you. By the time you can make a claim the ebay account will be closed and your money gone.
>>
File: IMG-20170716-WA0003.jpg (58KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170716-WA0003.jpg
58KB, 720x1280px
>>6377494
Ok. It arrived a lot later than expected. Let's see:
An arm and a leg keep falling of, the "!", "?" And "Zzz" signs are not properly cut and the base where they're supposed to stand is broken or just doesn't fit or something. The whole figure looks cheap and bulky in general.
Veredict: If you're gonna buy a bunch of them to put them on the back like generic dead soldiers, that's fine. If you're thinking of selling them like the real deal and rip off someone, you're gona get busted.
>>
File: MFW.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Gonna thread jack here.

Someone in the same country as me just bought an item, he literally just joined but paid up front.

Any precautions I should do, I did list the item as handling in one business day and most people in my country are asleep right now so I doubt he'll respond by tomorrow morning.
>>
>>6430561
help plz, point me elsewhere if wrong
>>
>>6375195
>North Korea
Dude I bought a box of cigars from Canada one time that are illegal to purchase in the US from a vendor that I'd bought from a dozen times before with no hassle and what I got was the box and packing with a confiscated by customs paper attached. Seems like you'd probably get something similar from NK as a best case and worst case a visit from some alphabet agency.
>>
>>6430561
what's his user rating / %.

also, if you feel there is a risk wait 48 hours for the payment to go through so it's harder for him to dispute when you send the item.
>>
>>6430561
Are you using PayPal?
>>
>>6432356
This. Wait a couple of days. Tell the buyer you apologize for the delay but you're out of town till Monday and will ship it Monday afternoon. They should have zero issue and you'll get the added assurance of the payment being legit.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.