[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the most fan-pleasing toyline of all time? My vote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: palisadesmuppets.jpg (132KB, 900x672px) Image search: [Google]
palisadesmuppets.jpg
132KB, 900x672px
What was the most fan-pleasing toyline of all time?

My vote goes to Palisades Muppets, and really anything by Palisades. RIP.
>>
File: 1184857993.jpg (270KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1184857993.jpg
270KB, 450x600px
>>6372207
Palisades was like a goddamn fever dream. You know how sometimes you can tell Hasbro or Mattel cut some corner or cheaped out on something? It felt like Palisades was almost pushing TOO MUCH at you. Cutting their margins razor-thin to give you huge set pieces and amazing sculpts and tons of accessories for very fair prices. I will forever mourn their death. But deep down I knew that a company couldn't keep giving and giving like that--it would have to implode sooner or later.
>>
>>6372216
That and their refusal to sell their products outside of specialty stores. Places like Media Play, FYE, and Suncoast were practically dead at this point.

I remember getting the entire first wave of Invader Zim for Christmas. I was one happy scene kid.
>>
>>6372207
Diamond Select Muppets not as good sadly.
>>
File: VintageCollection.jpg (247KB, 1500x634px) Image search: [Google]
VintageCollection.jpg
247KB, 1500x634px
>>
>>6372216

They cheaped out too. Some of their cost cutting got so bad, certain figures literally imploded on contact, with internal joints disintegrating out of the box. Not just breaking. Disintegrating.

Also, it was a pain in the ass dealing with exclusives, which they went overboard with. The amount of store/event exclusives they had were insane.
>>
>>6372259
not so much that they refused but that those stores just were not good for them. They were not willing to treat the products as collector items and not just toys meant for kids to be hidden among the aisles of various random franchises.

>>6372207
I got to say I was always impressed with the MSIA gundam line. So much variety of units being sold, including numerous variations of nearly the same unit. Ground Gundam, Ground Gundam desert version, GM head version, and so on.
>>
>>6372259
The Muppet line was carried by TRU and Target later on, though. For what good it did I guess.
>>
Hasbro's 1:18 comic lines.
MLs are good, but they did not have the variety that the 1:18 lines did.

DCC's comic/vg lines.
Pure austically made geek quality.
>>
File: Blastarr.jpg (341KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
Blastarr.jpg
341KB, 1296x864px
>>6374934
God, I love that Blastarr so much. Particularly the clear orange cheeto hands variant. The way they faded the paint into his biceps is so elegant and well done. His headsculpt is brilliant as well, packed with crisp detail, and the metallic blue really pops against his flat grey skin. Truly a great figure all around.

I would give anything for an upscaled Marvel Legends version.
>>
>>6374921
I never knew about the Muppet toys when they were out. But, I did at least get Uncle Deadly off Amazon and he is a pretty good figure.
>>
>>6375358
Instead we got the annihilation version on a movie Hulk body in a SDCC set.
>>
>>6375358
Great picture, where's it from?
>>
>>6375470
I got mine from Toy Rocket during their $1 ebay sales (I got boxes of toys from them that way).

Got him and the black and white version, which had some amazing glow in the dark paint.
>>
>>6375545
kenjitron.tumblr.com

a former /toy/ soldier
>>
>>6372216
Damn, Palisades knew how to do a series justice. Unfortunately, they made a bunch of really stupid decisions

Their most notable bad decisions were Micronauts and their Adult Swim toys.

Thing is, the Adult Swim toys could have worked. Adult Swim was extremely popular at the time, and Palisades could have made bank, but they chose to release...well..not the most popular characters (for Sealab, they released Debbie and Quinn, instead of Captain Murphy and Stormy/or Marco, or hell,even Sparks would have been a better choice)

(for Birdman, they didn't even fucking release Harvey Birdman. They released Phil and a fucking bear that only shows up as a sight gag)
Now, sure, in retrospect, Phil Ken Sebben is one of the most popular characters of that show, a fan favorite, but at the time the toys release, it was still a relatively new show, and everyone wanted Harvey in a business suit
>>
>>6375590
I own all of those Adult Swim figures simply for the accessories.
>>
File: image_7_6043.jpg (39KB, 414x640px) Image search: [Google]
image_7_6043.jpg
39KB, 414x640px
>>6375590
I understand where you're coming from, cause I would have loved a Harvey too, but on the other hand, that bear is one of my favorite toys ever so....
>>
>>6375590
Didn't Toynami own the rights for Birdman at the time? or did that just not matter?
>>
FUCK THIS POST
Im fucking obsessed with Palisades toys now. I'm seriously considering dumping money on some invader zim figures.
>>
File: IMG_7444.jpg (16KB, 379x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7444.jpg
16KB, 379x310px
>>6378838
>local toy store has the entire Invader Zim line, sealed, for $15 each
>see this thread
>go back to get the figures
>store is permanently closed
>tfw
>>
>>6374921

Ken once said that big stores were confused as hell when it came to the Muppets. They didn't know whether they were meant to go in the collector section or the kiddie area. One of the reasons why they couldn't make Sesame Street work.
>>
Still hunting for a sub-$200 Swedish Chef Kitchen, anyone know how well it scales with 6 inch figures?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.