[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some nice "fidget toys" ? I'm exploring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 24

File: fidge-these.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
fidge-these.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
what are some nice "fidget toys" ?
I'm exploring fidget concepts. not fidget spinners, but not excluding them either.
>>
File: jacobs_ladder440.jpg (14KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
jacobs_ladder440.jpg
14KB, 440x440px
>>
I'm going to take full advantage of you putting "fidget toys" in quote and nominate Titans Return Rumble. Turns into an easily pocketable little brick, simple but satisfying and well-engineered dual transformations into a robot and a little tank, little wheels for rolling back and forth, you can flick his head up and down like the little switch on the fidget cubes, and if someone else has Frenzy or Ravage or something you can make pew-pew noises at each other.

Best of all, if you don't mind being seen with fidget toys, people won't think you're any more or less autistic for having a transformer!
>>
Why not just have some silly putty?
>>
>>6371934
Well, there's your penis, which is probably the ultimate fidget toy.
>>
File: _3256146.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
_3256146.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>6371934
You don't even need to know how to solve it
>>
>>6372035
>2017
>not using CFOP
>>
File: ArmyGearGaloob-500x399.jpg (37KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
ArmyGearGaloob-500x399.jpg
37KB, 500x399px
>>
File: $_57.jpg (244KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
244KB, 1600x1066px
>>6372291
oh man I miss those
>>
>>6372288
>CFOP
>the pleb's method
>>
>>6372027
I can't be the only person that rolls my balls around as a concentration aid when in private (usually).
>>
>>6371934
I usually just keep a slinky on my desk to mess around with
>>
File: fidgetthingy.png (64KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
fidgetthingy.png
64KB, 960x540px
I have this idea for a fidget toy. I'm pretty sure that it has been done before, but I don't know what they're called. I made this image of what it looks like.

It's a toy where you place your finger on the sunken most ring and you can move it around and the rings layered on top of one another move along accordingly.

I really want to idly play around with something like this. Please tell me it has been made already so that I can go buy one.
>>
I found that a regular supermarket-quarter-machine Superball was a perfect fidget toy. Just the right size and texture. You just have to be careful not to bounce it and have to chase it across the room, looking like a jackass.
>>
File: SPRINGYMINI(1)-1200.jpg (127KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SPRINGYMINI(1)-1200.jpg
127KB, 1000x1000px
>>6371934
>>
>>6371987
lol true dat but i would recommend some onestep changers
>>
File: TANGLE+reg;+Therapy_XL.jpg (28KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
TANGLE+reg;+Therapy_XL.jpg
28KB, 550x550px
Just ordered one of these. I have the tangle jr. and it's ok, but I think I'll like this one a lot better. The original was on the small side and the texture was boring.
>>
>>6371934
Have yet to find anything that soothes my soul than clicking a nice quality pen repeatedly while walking around the workplace. Sure it probably annoys the shit out of people near me but the satisfying clicks send my brain to nirvana where I couldn't give less fucks if I tired.
>>
>>6371934
I have a big tin of pic related on my desk at work. There are dozens of colors and some with cool gimmicks like

>glow in the dark
>UV active (comes with a UV light keychain to "write" on the putty)
>magnetic (comes with a magnet)
>iridescent (pic related)
>glitter
>color change

Unlike silly putty it doesn't dry out, leave residue on your hands or make your hands have a weird smell. You kind of need to be careful not to get it on your clothing since it can stain (though you can remove it with isopropyl alcohol).

It's fun to mess with during long conference calls. It also has the added benefit of keeping my hands warm, since as you stretch it the breaking of the silicon bonds generate a bit of heat and putty get a little warm. I sit right next to the HVAC unit in my office so it's fucking freezing at my desk.
>>
>>6371934
Transformers.

Fuck fidget spinners.
>>
File: TOY-TOK-1419.jpg (43KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-TOK-1419.jpg
43KB, 400x283px
literal fidget cubes as henshin device. theres more than 50 of them
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (543KB, 3000x1880px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
543KB, 3000x1880px
>>6389206
i own 6, the way they clicked was really satisfying. they're also smaller than the real fidget cube and it feels nice to hold them.
>>
File: IMG_5996.jpg (553KB, 1705x1444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5996.jpg
553KB, 1705x1444px
>>6371934
Bottle caps.

I especially like to put my thumb into the hollow part and make it spin with my index finger, it's really relaxing.

Also they can have nice or funny images on them, can be collected and can be used as currency after the apocalypse.

>>6376969
I think you would enjoy one
>>
30+ years ago, 4 year old me jacked one of these from my neighbor when he was working on his truck. There were oily parts and tools spread all around, I saw that and YOINK, took off with it. Still play with it to this day.

Also, if you lived in New Westminster in the 80's and had one of these stolen from you, it was me, and I REGRET NOTHING.
>>
File: Laugh00.gif (2MB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
Laugh00.gif
2MB, 350x196px
>>6390207
That's hilarious and I'm sure no one saw that coming, that some one would steal a timing chain.
>>
File: ctr200_3.jpg (49KB, 645x500px) Image search: [Google]
ctr200_3.jpg
49KB, 645x500px
>>6371934
it stays on your finger and won't fall!!!
>>
real talk, fidget cubes are way too fuckin' small for me to get any satisfaction fiddling with, but otherwise they look pretty ok

any recommendations for something a little bit larger?
>>
>>6390291
the holy crystal decompression magic cube
it's cheap but some of them barely work.
>>
>>6390312
/pol/ please. At least he manufactures the product in my hometown and employs locals. He also gives jobs to autistic and mentally handicapped adults in the community in the packaging/boxing facility. What have you done to improve the lives of the people in your town?
>>
>>6390331
I saw a story on him and the way he runs his company, he seems like a really cool dude. I've been thinking about getting some of that putty
>>
File: 1496453829419.png (265KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496453829419.png
265KB, 600x600px
>>6371934
i dont understand the appeal of these fidget things can anyone explain it to me
>>
>>6392538
have something to play when you've got hands free and feels good to play with, like clicking a ballpoint pen's button
>>
>>6372316
OMFG I forgot about this! I must own it again.
>>
>>6392538
I've got the ADHDs, and keeping my hands occupied makes it easier for me to focus on other shit. I overheard people say that all I did was doodle in class when I was in college, but I aced every test because drawing made it so I could pay attention and not get bored and find something else to occupy my mind while the professor was talking. Same concept here, though I grew pretty bored of the one fidget spinner I got to see what all the fuss was about.
>>
Does anyone know if there are any decent chemistry or medical themed fidget spinners?
>>
https://youtu.be/NhTH75HmuOA
>>
>>6389155
I have 3 of these: the blue magnetic one, a gold holiday themed one, and one that glows light blue.

I had the one in your pic as my first one but over time it smelled like shit after using it all the time, hence why I eventually got others.
>>
File: t-spinner-bioha.jpg (53KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
t-spinner-bioha.jpg
53KB, 800x800px
>>6394516
Something like this comes to mind. Otherwise you could either get some other kind of medical symbol 3D printed
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7suroWMdy7I
I wonder if Tim owns spinners from when they were first produced?
>>
File: IMG_7188.jpg (229KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7188.jpg
229KB, 640x640px
>>6389224
Are you me?

I started collecting bottlecaps not too long ago, largely for the brief surge of dopamine I get from finding a new thing I collect. But damn if they don't feel nice to roll around in your hand.

Have you tried the tin bottle tops from refrigerated Starbucks milk-drinks? Used to collect those all the time in school, since they have a satisfyingly audible (and palpable) pop when you press and release the center. (It's the same pop you're supposed to listen for to make sure the drink has been kept airtight, it just has the added benefit of being able to do that forever any time you click it thereafter.)

Pic related. Cheepest fidget toys I've ever bought, and still the best.
>>
>>6382365
>i would recommend some onestep changers
only the ones not spring loaded, those are super boring
>>
File: FiggyFizz.jpg (84KB, 400x424px) Image search: [Google]
FiggyFizz.jpg
84KB, 400x424px
>>6389224
>>6397557
>>
>>6372035
v1 is best GTS

>>6372288
>CFOP
>Not Roux
>>
I've fidgeted with things for years. I've bought a cube and received a spinner. That said, none of them compared to some simple nametag magnets that I've been playing with for 2 years now.
>>
File: rubiks snake.gif (436KB, 2400x1882px) Image search: [Google]
rubiks snake.gif
436KB, 2400x1882px
Recently came across my old Rubik's snake. Since it's fairly old, I ordered what passes for them these days. Can't wait to see how poorly manufactured it will be.
>>
>>6403916
>Kitten
>Giraffe 1

Some of these are pretty good, but a couple aren't even close.
More importantly, Anon - do you have the pattern for a dick?
[spoiler]Or a vag?[/spoiler]
>>
I use a deck of cards. Pretty socially acceptable, gets looks from millennials though. Fuck'em.
>>
File: Rubik's Snake 2.gif (508KB, 2400x1882px) Image search: [Google]
Rubik's Snake 2.gif
508KB, 2400x1882px
>>6403916
New ones came in yesterday. They're tiny, cheap shit. Reviews were mostly positive, but the size wasn't mentioned anywhere that I noticed.

I would have ordered one that carries the Rubik's brand, but they have poor reviews and look like a Crayola box threw up all over them.
>>
>>6407267
Do you know any tricks or cool flashy ways to shuffle?
>>
>>6371934
>Paddle ball
>Ball in cup
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
The oldies are the goodies here: Begleri is an old greek fidget toy that's basically been around in some form since prayer beads have. The idea is, people got fidgety and started to flip their prayer beads around... so eventually people made beads specifically designed to be played with.

It's just one-to-three beads attached to each side of a string, equally weighted. To use it, just hold one side in a special way and swing the other, basically.

Unlike most fidget toys, you need a tiny bit of skill, but that's kinda the best part, because it looks impressive, and if you hand it to someone, they won't be able to imitate you, unlike something that even a toddler can use like spinners.

Don't worry, though - it only takes an hour tops to learn enough to get improvisational with it and have a blast. It's very, very simple, but it's still complicated enough to amaze. It's not like yo-yos or something, where even the basic tricks will take a lot of screwups to master, there's really only so many things that can go wrong with a begleri. Worst case scenario, you drop it, and then you just... pick it back up.

The best part is that, although expensive precision-weighted titanium begleri do exist, and are magnificent, you can also make them like >pic - using paracord and heavy hexnuts. Costs less than a dollar that way, so it's very easy to get into.

Here's a vid of some tricks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZC1inesPY
>>
>>6390331
The people who post shit like that are always sperging out about "m-muh community!" but they don't actually contribute jack shit to it
>>
>>6371934
These.
The click is so satisfying and you can stack and link them.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.