[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>used Air Small Packet on AmiAmi for the first time I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cart_logo.jpg (4KB, 200x56px) Image search: [Google]
cart_logo.jpg
4KB, 200x56px
>used Air Small Packet on AmiAmi for the first time
I'm never getting this toy, am I?
>>
Been using SAL (unregistered) for years. Haven't lost a parcel yet.
>>
>>6367525
Why happened to indicate to you that you aren't getting your toy? I'm in the US and order through Amiami pretty frequently. Every time I place an order on a single piece I use Airmail. I usually have it in hand in a week's time. If you live in some degenerate country like Canada or or the UK, your package may be caught in customs.
>>
>>6367525
Over the past decade I think I've not used SAL like 3 times. You're fine, so long as you're not in some shit hole like Brazil, Mexico, or England.
>>
>>6367525
I've used SAL regularly for the past decade. It's fine.

The only people who insist SAL routinely fails are the people who only use EMS. Your miles may vary based on location, though.

I pick my shipping option based on what I'm ordering. Is it real expensive or irreplaceable? Yeah, I'll pay extra. For single figures and small shit I use SAL all the time. It would cost me less to lose one package and rebuy it than it would to add extra shipping to every order.
>>
Asking this here since it seems appropriate.

USPS lost an insured package from Amiami back in December and it's been almost 6 months since they filed the claim with JapanPost. Amiami said it's been acknowledged as lost and what's left is to figure up the compensation...but this was back in March and I've had zero communication since.

Anyone deal with this kind of shit before? How long did it take for your compensation/order replacement to actually happen?
>>
>>6367525
It'll probably take you a month to get it, maybe even slightly longer. But I'm pretty sure it won't be lost
>>
>>6367598
If it was EMS you'll get the full value on the invoice because it was lost. If it was RSAL or Air Small you will get 6,000 yen because that's the maximum. As for how long it takes...it's not the quickest process far as I know. It hasn't really been 6 months because it probably wasn't even acknowledged as lost until March. Three months to figure out compensation seems a bit much though because the USPS usually pays out in 30 days once they actually acknowledge it's lost and all the paper work is in order.

The only thing that could slow it down is the paperwork being out of order. I assume JapanPost would have similar processing times but maybe I am wrong.
>>
>>6367546
This. Also it depends on your country but SAL can be faster than EMS (thanks customs).
>>
>>6367598
Like the other anon said it takes some time. I lost one package too. It took like 6 months to get the money back, and it was through points to spend on their website. I don't regret this choice now, since I used to pay for The Scream Figma and the shipping.
>>
>>6369169
...And didn't had money to pay at all, I forgot to tell you!
>>
Mexican here.

I have been using Registered SAL, haven't lost a package so far. However, last time, it took a ridiculous long time, I'm talking literally two months or so. I had to fill a complain, but ultimately it arrived in good conditions. Unfortunately, afaik, is quite common for the Mexican mail company to take insane amount of time to deliver the most basic packages, so if you can pay for private mail companies, like UPS, go for it.
>>
>>6367598
If it's shipped by SAL, your compensation is up for 6000 yen ONLY. So for any high price item you shouldn't use sal unless you are willing to take the risk.

Also Sal small packet is safer than normal Sal parcel. Sal small packet has size and weight restriction so it will be with other similar size and weight mostly. But SAL parcel can be big and heavy, and your box can be crush at the bottom with many Big and heavy sal parcel boxes on top. Also if you check the price there's many times Sal parcel is around the same price as EMS, sometimes even more.
>>
>>6367525
I could be wrong but I think Air Small Packet is actually faster than SAL (it maybe takes a week or two as opposed to a month). There's quite a bit of confusion about shipping methods sometimes but I think the two are actually separate.

Unreg SAL would be the only one to really worry about since there's no tracking or whatnot (again this is just from memory), but Air parcels are pretty reliable.
>>
Used sal everytime, I order from Japan. Takes 2-3 weeks to get my package, never had a problem.
>>
I order SAL and forget I ever ordered the figure.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.