[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey does anyone own or have owned this figure? It looks pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Hey does anyone own or have owned this figure?
It looks pretty meh, the scale is pretty big and the few reviews I can find are bed to meh, but I'm hurting for a Taiga figure after finishing the series and I don't think the Nendoroid will suffice.
>>
I have the swimsuit one.

I looks great, don't touch it, it falls apart if you breath on it, fiddly as shit, and loose joints.

It's between Gutto Kuru and the Nendoroid if you want articulated. Otherwise it's statue shit. I got into anime statue shit because of Taiga, there were just not enough options. Figma when??
>>
>>6367419
>Figma when
A boy can dream, maybe next year for the 10th anniversary? [nospoilers]If only[/nospoilers]

But any chance you could take a picture of swimsuit version next to some other figures for scale? The scale is the one thing holding me back right now, but if it's not as big as I think I might go for it.
>>
Shameless self bump for anyone who else who can answer or possibly provide pics for scale.
>>
>>6367392
Huh. Reminiscent of my fiance's hair. I wonder if she'd like a kitbash of her. Seems like she would.
>>
One last bump at a different time of day to see if a different crowd can help, before I let the thread go.
>>
>>6369282
I don't own that specific figure but I tracked down all the Gutto Kuru Nanoha figures recently, they'll look good standing on a shelf but fuck me they're annoying to mess around with. Constantly falling apart at the torso's on mine, the faces can be hit and miss too though that's more of a line wide issue than figure specific, Taiga there looks fine. I'll post a few pics of some of my GKs to give you an example of the finish/scale of them when I'm home soon.
>>
File: Vita and Vita.jpg (140KB, 750x796px)
Vita and Vita.jpg
140KB, 750x796px
Alright back with images, the figma Vita on the left here is about a head shorter than your average figma so that gives you an idea of the size of these things, the paint work is a bit hit and miss, you can't really see it in this image after re-sizing it but there's a few notable paint imperfections.
>>
File: GK joint.png (2KB, 132x246px)
GK joint.png
2KB, 132x246px
The hands on these figures are an absolute bastard to change, I usually have to run them under hot water for a minute or so before they'll actually fit. The joints in general are just weird, mainly the torso ones, they're sculpted at an angle so depending what orientation they're at inside your figure's either leaning back at an angle or slanted to the side, I don't have any pics of the joints on hand so here's a crude MS paint drawing of what I mean.

If you just plan to display her on a shelf it'll probably do the job for you and these GK figures are dirt fucking cheap on Mandarake which is why I even bothered to pick up the whole set of Nanoha figures, but as toys and compared to other similar figure types (figma, Figuarts etc) they're terrible, constantly falling apart in your hands just trying to get them in a basic pose.
If you can get one for > $20 go for it but just don't expect much out of it. Hope this helps you anon.
>>
>>6369296
>>6369453
>>6369462
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I appreciate your help very much!

I guess from here the thread can be a Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread thread or just wait to be pruned.
>>
>>6367392
This is the only figure I've ever returned, and I'm a diehard Toradora fan
>flimsy as shit
>breaks at the slightest touch
>paint defects on every part of the figure
>QC issues galore
>doesn't even look good in person due to strange neck joint
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.