[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my old anime merchandise isn't selling. It's crappy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: s-l1000.jpg (98KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
98KB, 750x1000px
So my old anime merchandise isn't selling. It's crappy stuff like an Edward Elric bobblehead doll or Toonami licensed Tenchi Muyo figures like in this pic. I feel weird donating this stuff to my local thrift store run by little old ladies.
Do specialty thrift stores exist for anime toys? Or even thrift stores for video game/comic book/nerd culture in the USA? Or just send this crap to the thrift store run by the little old ladies?
>>
>>6364435
Call local comic shops and ask if they'd be interested.
>>
You got pictures? And would you be willing to give some away to anons? Lol
>>
>>6364435
It's not weird at all OP.
Best find in my entire life was when I was visiting family in the middle of Bumfuck Wyoming, in this teeny tiny little town of about 2000 people. We went to the town yardsale one afternoon and I found a huge cardboard box full of Ultra Brothers/Kaiju/Kamen Rider vinyl figures. About 25 of them, which I picked up for ten bucks.
The guy selling them said that they belonged to a tenant who worked at the nearby power plant a couple of years earlier, who'd just up and skipped town. He had no clue as to what they were and just wanted to get them out of his shed.

So yeah, If a local comic shop doesn't want them, take them to a thrift store. There may be some poor anime junkie that just might get the surprise of their lives.
>>
>>6364435
We have a Buy Sell Trade thread for a reason OP.
>>
>>6364435

Maybe they'd sell if you took off the $5.99 KB price sticker first.
>>
Also try flea markets. a toy seller at a flea market might be willing to buy your stuff
>>
>>6364435
>bobblehead
>Toonami licensed

No wonder they won't sell.
>>
>>6365126
these old anime toys are quite shitty. it wasnt until the advent of figma and play arts where they started getting good
>>
File: A japanese Toy Soldier.jpg (994KB, 728x3135px) Image search: [Google]
A japanese Toy Soldier.jpg
994KB, 728x3135px
>>6365265
the old Trigun figures were a step forward and very under appreciated for how good they were at the time. Naito was basically the japanese equivalant of a weeaboo when it came to American superheroes and toys, recall that he had a big part in making sure the figures were the top of their game at the time.
>>
>>6365450
the idol i never had.
>>
>>6365450
>naturally no pose is the basis of the figure!!
>right after praising mcfarlane
kek
>>
I feel sorry for the people who bought that at full price...
>>
>>6365528
because in that case he liked the idea of the silly crazy gimmicks that you can have in such basic pose figures over the superior sculpt that mcfarlane was putting out. He was acknowledging the awesomeness of McFarlane but still had a very strong guilty pleasure in the simplistic Kenner style figures of the west with action gimmicks is how I saw his personality from that little comic.

Think there were some more pages like that where he was geeking out over toys, I will have to search through the comic again sometime.
>>
>>6365627
please do, I'd love to see them (different anon)
>>
>>6365744
But you are going to make me get off my ass and do something. tommorow i will give it a good look. I always did wish Naito would do some more stuff sometime, his stuff always tickles just the right tastes.
>>
>>6365450
>Naito was basically the japanese equivalant of a weeaboo

We call those westaboo's. Hideo Kojima is another notable westaboo.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.