[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here had experience in having a table at a convention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

File: chicon.jpg (293KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
chicon.jpg
293KB, 576x432px
Has anyone here had experience in having a table at a convention to sell toys? Depending on how certain things go for me, I might like to try it out at least once.

If not toys, anything else that was being sold would be fine as well.
>>
>>6363422
There are a LOT of questions to be asked here. Like, where are you sourcing your toys from? What kind of toys are they? How will you turn a profit if you cannot get them at wholesale prices? Do you have enough cash up front to buy all the toys you're going to sell?
>>
>>6363422
Yes and I would advise against it unless u get a cheap table cost. Everyone is gona low ball u and say they can get it cheaper online. Most of the time u cant even unload half of your stuff regardless of what it is. On top of that, u have to deal with all that neet BO mixed into a highly potent gas.
>>
>>6363422
I did twice. Expect people to steal. A LOT.
>>
Sold original customs and did pretty well. (this is when vinyl was big and funko didn't cannibalize the market.) Listen to >>6363430 if you are selling your used toys as most buyers will treat it like a garage sale. If your selling new stuff make sure to have someone at the table at all times with you to avoid theft. Take detailed inventory so you can properly track your profit and make sure you have enough inventory to actually make a profit.
>>
I've tabled several conventions. Always been a close to break even deal for me.... unless I could get a superb deal on a table...only then did I make some BANK. Also, bring your lunch and be prepared to stand and talk a lot.
>>
>>6363430
>>6363468
Seriously. If you can't be a good salesman and charismatic the entire day then don't bother. I'm sure you know the economics involved but not everyone can be out there all day dealing with entitled manchildren without a break
>>
>>6363422

It's my crack. I've sold tiny hotel shows to big to big cons for about 5 years. It's extremely tough with long hours with little appreciation.

I would definitely recommend doing it at least once.
>>
It's pretty difficult. I haven't had the theft problem but people will lowball like crazy even on new or rare stuff. The real issue is that organizers are charging pretty hefty table fees relative to traffic AND ALSO hitting shoppers hard at the door. This gives shoppers the impression that part of their entry fee goes to dealers, either directly or in the form of cheap/free tables, and thus the increase in lowballing.

At this point it looks like a market waiting to collapse. But as Keynes said, the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
>>
expect some mouthbreathers to finger fuck anything you have on display into oblivion
>>
>>6363429
>wholesale
Oh, and this is important, DO NOT go into this if you're going through some place like Entertainment Earth "distribution." You will regret it. The margins are poor after they fuck around with shipping, you have no recourse for damaged packaging, they deliver too late to matter, and communication is nonexistent. Then you get to deal with greedy/controlling organizers and cheap/annoying/dishonest customers. It's way too much work to barely break even in the best of times. You will come to hate your hobby.
>>
>>6363652
Hi anon. What if I'm planning a one event deal to just liquidate my stuff? How bad will it be? I've been scammed by eBay too many times.
>>
>>6363655
If you're OK with 50 cents on the dollar, you'll be fine. I wouldn't pay much over 100 bucks for the table and I'd be very wary of multiday affairs far enough from home that you need a motel. Many shows go to multiple days before they have the attendence to support it so they wind up charging twives as much for half as much traffic each day.

As other among said, keep a close eye on your table and bring a friend. You will need them to help unload your truck, watch the table when you have to pee, and possibly pack up at the end. Also it helps to have a friend to talk to when things are slow or autistic.
>>
>>6363655
And online, I had to learn this the hard way, pay the $3 or $8 for signature confirmation even for $20 items. Don't even think of mailing anything over $100 without it. Amazon always decides in favor of the buyer unless you have that. It's not right or fair but that's how they are.
>>
>>6363672
Truly appreciate the feedback. The event is a 2 day affair that's like 5 minutes from my house so I don't have to worry about hotels. Looks like my only cost will be the table rental. Will definitely bring a friend to help out. I am going to feel like a schmuck if I don't cover the table fee.
>>
>>6363683
Do you mind saying how much the table fee is?
>>
>>6363689
I think it's $125 for sat & sun.
>>
>>6363698
That's doesn't sound terrible. As long as you have a full table and are priced to move you should be alright.
>>
>>6363468
I'm also looking into getting into the con circuit. I figured bringing a lunch is best, but if you don't have another person with you, how do you handle shit like going to the bathroom? I can't imagine you can trust folks at the table next to you to watch your shit.
>>
>>6364185
Have another person with you. I really really dont recommend running solo. If you cant consider finding the cons facebook page or forum and consider splitting the table.
>>
>>6364185
You definitely want to bring someone or at least know people at the con. I've never gotten a table for myself, but I've babysat my friends' tables before. Anon is right about splitting the table, especially if it's your first time. Cuts costs and makes things easier IF you trust the person.
If you're serious, try finding the artist alley general over on /cgl/. They can at least tell you the business stuff for cons from experience, even if they won't know anything about toys.
>>
If you want any advice for how to watch your shit, watch the edges of your table constantly, get two people to go with you and have one be a female.

If a moderate to good looking lady comes up to you and starts kicking up conversation that goes on too long, look to the other direction of your table. She is interference for the guy or girl quickly stuffing something of yours into their bag or clothes.

When I was a teen anon I used to run with some cosplay girls and they used to steal a ton of shit from these cons. They'd get their guy friends in on it and in the end they'd sell the stuff on eBay.

Take a chick with you, take your mom if you have to, just take someone that won't get stupid over a little sex appeal.
>>
>>6364206
>>6364211
Cheers for the info mates.
>>6368970
That's just fucked. I know people are shit, but really? Stealing from independent sellers like that is something I'd never even consider...
>>
>>6363422

Yeah, I wouldn't bother with it if you just have some random, kind of common shit to sell. Imagine the lowballing you get online, but now you've traveled for it, paid to set it up, and have to sit there all day and meet people. Nope.
>>
>>6369057
Oh but there's even more. You spend an hour packing 90% of what you bought back into your truck and it never fits right. Then you go home, do your math, and discover you actually _paid_ to waste that weekend. That's a kick in the balls.
>>
what con and what do you have to offer?
>>
>>6363710
This, and since it's the OP's first time, he should be sure to have some sort of display fixtures or risers for things to make his table look more full. Having been to enough small cons and city wide garage sales as a consumer, in all honesty, if the table looks lame or spare, I'm more likely to pass it by.
>>
>>6369587
If he can improvise or get them cheap. Once you start pricing fixtures and risers, you'll see what I mean. I'd be very wary about spending much if I wasn't going to do cons regularly.
>>
I've only done this at a local small flea market where the table fee was like $25 - $50 depending on location and size. At the time I was doing it to sell my collection without dealing with ebay fees.

I ended up profiting really good. It also helped though that I put up some craigslist ads with pics of my collection and said I was selling at that flea market.

I don't think I would ever sell at a con, the vibe is just too different. A flea market is more laid back in my experience.
>>
I don't know what percentage of the people posting here have actually sold, but they don't reflect my (limited) experience at all. Last one I did I paid $90 for the table and walked with over $700 in my pocket. No problems with stealing, lowballing or other such bullshit. Made friends with the table next to me, and we watched each other's stuff during bathroom breaks etc. A good time was had by all.
>>
>>6369673
I've been lucky to not feel like I had to worry about theft. Overt lowballing was relatively minimal as well. Usually people just pick up something, see it's not free, and move on. I've had autists too.

$90 could be pretty cheap depending on the circumstances. How much of your $700 was profit?

I've been to, at this point, over a dozen shows. A few I've made a small profit. A few I haven't even made my table back. A few I can't go back to because they're pricing out of control.

The first Retrocon was super cheap and I did so well I expanded to 2 tables the filling year and also did well. The move to 2 days hurt because it added hotel costs. I had to drop back to 1 table for 2015 and barely broke even. 2016 I didn't even do that mich. I like the show though so I'm going in 2017 anyway.

Steel City Con is a loser. The spring show is terrible. I couldn't ciover costs when it was $120 and now it's almost $250. The organizer is a massive Jew. He charges full freight for helpers, charges for chairs, and started forcing vendors to set up on Thursday even though Friday has zero traffic. The December show was good, once, but is also in decline. I didn't break $1000 last time even with my brother buying a stack of stuff from me.

Philadelphia Comic-Con is Essington is a joke. $120 for 2 tables and I made $120. He advertises imaginary attractions. "Toys, games, movies, art, and comics" means "1 toy, 1 art, 58 longboxes." Not even worth going to as a guest.
>>
>>6369941
NJCC is reasonably priced like Retrocon except without the guests. It's strictly a toy show. My first was shaky but my second was promising. It helps to have something besides the same current mainline MLs/TFs as everybody else. But that does not mean amine. It means different/older western stuff.

York Toy Show is the cheapest (~$40) but it's short (6hrs) and very flea market. The Hot Wheels guy makes a killing. First show, I did 1 cash sale but Square saved me. Second show, tilted a little more in favor of cash for some reason.

Zolocon...disaster. Not like Philadelphia Comic-Con, either, it actually was a toy show. Paid about $100 to make $100, probably cost me $200 to be there. It was freezing in February, they had no ramps, and they set a few of us up by a drafty door. Had the most lowballers there of any con. Also had the most dumb customers trying to scalp back onto vendors (Combiner Wars). Took them a long time, like 9 months, to sell 70 tables for the following year but somehow they did. I liked the organizer, I liked the setup aside from weather and loading issues, I liked the vendors, I just couldn't make any money.
>>
>>6369947
Overall, I...don't turn a profit. The one where I did make out consistently, RetroCon, destroyed that by going to 2 days. NJCC might end up in the same class, I really have to do 1 or 2 more to have a solid idea.

The others either sucked outright, or the combination of driving and motels did me in. Steel City is the worst, being too long, too far, and too poor for Dom Vader's delusions of grandeur.

At this point I'm willing to tolerate taking a sizeable loss IF it means pushing alot of product out of my spare bedroom. It is a serious struggle to push $1000 at any of them. That's why prices are so critical. You are in for not just the table, but travel, lodging, food, etc.

If you're not local, Steel City will cost you $300, at least, for 3 days of lodging, plus $50 in gas, plus the $250 tables, plus a minimum of $30 for 1 meal a day out (like Subway tier). You are in over $600 before you've sold a single toy. If you can expect, at best, $1200, you better have fantastic margins. Through a distributor, like many small vendors, you don't. I topped out around 20%. Scalpers actually fare better! They clear out all the TRUs in Pittsburgh leading up to the show. But, remember, Dom Vader is also hitting customers for $50 to get in now, so that's $50 each of them doesn't have to spend with you. And, like I said, Friday is a ghost town. Sunday isn't much to talk about either.

It's a massive clusterfuck. Everybody bitches but most keep going back. I gave it 3 tries myself (bad good bad) before throwing in the towel.
>>
>>6369964
It often doesn't seem to matter what you take either.

Stuff your table with the same MLs as everyone else and you don't stand out. Bring Figuarts and you don't fit the theme or aren't cheap enough. Bring lots of a few things, everybody thinks you have enough to (never) come back later. Bring one of many things and people are upset at not being able to choose. Bring official and they want KOs, bring KOs and they berate you for cheapening the brand.

The only way it really makes sense is if you have a personal collection to dump for pennies, flip flea market stuff, or can magically time your shows to releases in an industry where release dates are as reliable as horoscopes.
>>
>>6369587
You're dumb.

I treat every table and booth equally: i look at everything to see what they have.
if you're only looking based on image, you're seriously a shithead. Aren't you there just to look at things you've been wanting or finding something new you missed out on?

What the hell does fixtures have anything to do with that?
You'er missing a whole lotta cool stuff if you pass over any booth.
>>
>>6369994
Not the poster you're responding to but some tables are really sparse, as in so sparse you don't know how they'll make the table back. I disagree on fixtures though. They're expensive and they take up valuable cargo space in the vehicle. Be careful with them especially if this isn't a regular thing for you.
>>
>>6370027
Yeah, dumb from a business standpoint, but to pass them over just because they don't look like they have a lot?

What the hell?
Does he think he has to spend money just to look or is his time just really limited to an hour at the show?
>>
>>6370039
Yeah, I would think for the money it costs to get in just to browse these days, you should hit as many tables as time permits.
>>
>>6369994
I actually like dumb people like him because I usually find amazing stuff on those sparse tables because nobody bothers to look through their tiny selection just because they look amateurish.

I'm a con veteran with over 10 years of convention going experience so I know to actually take time and browse at everything.
>>
>>6371305
I have, but what it takes for me to turn a profit is way different as my margin is extremely good.

If I move 1/10 to 1/20 of what I bring I've made profit and I can carry all my product in on one trip.
>>
>>6371713
Didn't mean to reply to anyone actually, sorry.
>>
>>6371305
Yes, dumb people certainly means less competition.

For every convention i go to, i usually do a dry run. I try to case out every booth i can on the first day or first few hours. Write down every booth that interests me, along with prices for toys that caught my eye. I compare everything and then go back to the booths that had the best prices.
Depending on the length of the convention, my lust for the toys, and quanity of stock, i may end up buying something on the last day for best deals.

Speaking of which, i've already slowed down my purchases and holding off from buying stuff, in anticipation of SDCC. Better to save up my money, instead of doing blind buys over the internet, to buy certain toys in person.
I'll save money from not needing to pay for insurance and taxes, and also passing on duds.
>>
So let's try this. A vendor hands you a full page color printout with pictures and prices. Do you keep it to remember to come back for something or just throw it away?
>>
>>6371713
So an artist? Prints are dirt cheap relative to selling price.
>>
>>6371750
You do know as somebody who works in the industry, the reason some charge for so much is that the tables for big shows like those are not cheap. A day could cost anything from $300~500 and depending on their stock they have to make a margin of sale before they can break even. You also forget that they have to pay for taxes and tariffs on their items and they already include the taxes with your purchase so you don't have to worry about calculating them. It's actually much worse for sellers that run their own business because you literally are stealing food off their table because whatever you steal, they can't write off and thus they will have to take a loss and some of them don't even make that much a month for the amount of investment they put in. Some just have a passion for toys and hobbies that they made the business because they wanted to be involved more in the community.

So Mr. Sociopath thank you for your service of actually slowing killing people off with your selfish actions. You might say it's just $5 but what if that $5 is what breaks the bank for them and they lose everything because of that.
>>
>>6363683
What focus is the event? Like is it anime or a comic con type thing?
>>
>>6371744
everything depends on the prices.

If you're not the lowest or near the bottom of the lowest prices for the items in the show, it gets thrown away.

I like using business cards, but a lot of booths dont like giving those away either since people don't come back.
>>
>>6372667
I'm always near the bottom because I know how poor con-goers are these days. Rarely helps though. I'm only thinking of doing the flyer to also get the buy-X-get-Y-discount in front of people. Kinkos is ridiculously expensive though, like 90c per page up to 1001. I'm not spending $100+ if its as big a waste as business cards were.
>>
>>6371793

What is everyone in this picture white?
>>
>>6372764
For comparison, 500 color business cards, on card stock, is about $25. So a full page at 90c is almost 20 times as expensive. If it's not going to even pay for itself, why bother.

>>6372772
I was more surprised that they're wearing gloves to be honest.
>>
>>6372802
>only buying cheap
>stealing high dollar
>not a poorfag
Sure thing, buddy.
>>
>>6372802
The best part is that this clown is so butthurt over dealer prices yet apparently has no problem paying 3 hours of his McWages just to walk through the door.
>>
>>6372802
What the fuck is that backwards trashy way of thinking? Holy shit YOU ARE a poorfag. If you steal high priced collectibles that means you have no money to pay for it. People that are not poorfags actually pay for those because being a snub asshole saying that they paid X dollars on something gives it a special feeling of being able to get it and telling people that they can spend that much money on a frivolous item is something REAL affluent people tend to do.

There is also a pride on getting an expensive item for cheap and then showing it off because you know it actually cost more since it's a highly sought after collectible.

Usually you would know if people stole their shit if you ask them how much they paid for it cause a real collector can tell you off their head how much they paid for the item even though they can't really remember which show they got it since you know it's part of their pride as a collector.

Personally I don't take pride in stealing shit because I would be too ashamed to even display it knowing that if somebody ask me about it, I wouldn't be able to lie and would tell them I stole it. That's the sense of integrity my parents put into me I guess. It's easier to say I paid a stupid amount on something and be judged as a wasteful idiot than to be judged as a thief and a person with no moral compass.

>>6372667
The guy I work with stopped making business cards cause nobody even bothers. So what we did was just put a sign up with the site and tell people to just take a picture of it.
>>
>>6372764
I'd do what >>6372832 says. Just make a sign.
It makes your booth stand out and tells people at glance what your discounts would be.

I'm not a vendor, but the company i work for makes free-standing signs for trade shows and they really help in drawing attention toward your booth, even if they aren't even interested in what you're selling.

Also, taking pictures of the sign is lame. Takes a while to search through your gallery and everything would be seperate from other booths.
Better just to write everything down in your smartphone's Notes all on one page, so you have multiple entries at a glance and it's easier to add prices up to stay within your budget.
A stand will help in your booth being more recognizable and serve as a place marker, as a lot of times the booth number is hidden or lost.
>>
>>6363436
>Expect people to steal. A LOT.

How hard is to to keep an eye on the stuff on your small table. I mean reeeealy?
You must be pulling out your phone, and fucking around during slow hours for shit like that to happen to you "A LOT".
>>
>>6363460
>make sure to have someone at the table at all times with you to avoid theft.
If you really need two people to keep an eye on one small table you must be slow.
>>
>>6363648
>expect some mouthbreathers to finger fuck anything you have on display into oblivion

>>6363490
>dealing with entitled manchildren

>>6363430
>u have to deal with all that neet BO mixed into a highly potent gas.

>>6363652
>you get to deal with greedy/controlling organizers and cheap/annoying/dishonest customers
If you hate these type of people so much why go out of your way to do business with them?
>>
File: 0.png (235KB, 461x379px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
235KB, 461x379px
>>6368970
>If a moderate to good looking lady comes up to you and starts kicking up conversation that goes on too long, look to the other direction of your table. She is interference for the guy or girl quickly stuffing something of yours into their bag or clothes.
Those sneaky cunts.
>>
>>6372803
I think what he meant to say was that he stole the overly high priced items on principle to teach those scalpers a lesson, but had no problem paying for fairly priced items.
>>
>>6372832
>It's easier to say I paid a stupid amount on something and be judged as a wasteful idiot

>That's the sense of integrity my parents put into me

Not that anon, but that shit doesn't work for me. I payed $500 for an item which cost $99 about three years earlier, and the fact that I payed that much doesn't empower me or fill me with pride. It makes me feel ashamed of myself, and even though it's been 4 years since I bought the item I still feel anger every time I think of that scalper (and others like him) who price items higher than they are really worth. I've never seen or meet him, but the thought of punching him creeps into my head,and fills me up with intense anger almost every week of my life since I bought the item four years ago. The only reason I paid the price was because I knew it would be the only way I would be able to get the item.

That said I love the item itself, and it does cost more now than it did back then. I just wish people weren't so greedy.
>>
>>6363422
Only one tip... take things that people will want. I went to a con last year... a local store had paid for a table. Entirely Funko Pops. Nothing to do with the subject of the con. They sold maybe two and had bailed by the end of the first day, leaving an empty table. All the other vendors did well.
>>
>>6375517
I say 'local'... it was Forbidden Planet.
>>
>>6375508
"I should be able to pay retail prices"
"Because muh autism"
>>
>>6375270
>If you hate these type of people so much why go out of your way to do business with them?
What is learned this as a result of doing cons for $10K Alex?

>>6375508
>I just wish people weren't so greedy.
I just wish people weren't so slow. Almost every single high priced item on my table was offered at or below retail for a long time. There was nothing stopping you from buying it then. Why do you want it now, years later? Because it's expensive? Keeping up with the Joneses?

Sorry to say, because of this, there are now items that I don't even bother to resell right away. A) I need to profit somewhere and B) we all know you won't buy it now anyway.

That's why I'm getting out of this anyway. I went into business thinking people had the same experience as me. Money to spend and nothing available to buy. I was going to be the hero, doing what the stores were too stupid or spiteful to do. And I was wrong. Stores don't stock toys because people don't buy them. I'm done hating my hobby because I'm drowning in water the horses won't drink.
>>
>>6375588
>>If you hate these type of people so much why go out of your way to do business with them?
>What is learned this as a result of doing cons for $10K Alex?
Prior to cons, I had done flea markets. Those guys waltz around, collect your $20, and leave you alone. Con organizers? Some are good. They set up some fun stuff, don't gouge anybody, and leave you alone.

Others gouge customers, are super controlling, and lie constantly. The Steel City Jew is a fucking dictator. He charges $10 extra for chairs and throws people out for bringing their own. He lies about table count and lies about advertising. He spring the setup on Thursday bit on people a week before the con knowing all of us had our hotel/timeoff plans laid out well in advance. He charges customers $60 to get in and tells them it helps pay for vendor tables.

That show where he pulled the Thursday/chair/lie-about-table-subsidy stunt was my last.

So many shows now are all about hitting everyone coming and going as hard as possible. They don't build up a rep as a good show, they just price like it right away. When the time comes, they're disorganized and have no traffic. Always go as a guest first to assess traffic before wasting far more on a table.
>>
Even the "autists" people whine about I don't mind. They add character to the con scene. I never get short with them or anything. In fact, even if they don't buy anything, I don't care.

It's the poorfag who doesn't know how to haggle and can't handle rejection that gets old. Offering $10 for Figmas is not haggling. Nobody importing Takara cases is actually scalping either. And really, I can tell when you've paid scalper prices to an actual ML/SW scalper so don't give me that poor/victim/kid routine.
>>
>>6375566
>>6375588
I never said anything about wanting to paying retail price. Just not ASS RAPE prices.

>item cost $99.99 in 2013
>everyone in 2015 is charging around $300 to $340 on ebay

>Amazon sellers lists the same item for $569 to $900
I don't mind paying what the item is currently going for. I just dislike people who over price items by hundreds of dollar. Nobody likes being taken advantage of.

>Why not just buy it on ebay than?
I can't order off of ebay because I've been scammed by sellers in the past, and I've lost hundreds on ebay. I've been left without the item I've ordered, and coursed out by the ebay seller in e-mails. Called ebay, get outsourced to india, and I get told "Sorry my friend, but there is nothing we can do for you." I only buy, and trust Amazon because they always make things right when something goes wrong.
>>
>>6375245
>>6375247
Not either of those guys but a good thief can steal stuff right under your nose. They literally need a fraction of a second worth of distraction and there is no way a single person at the table is going to cut it. Just counting out change is enough to fuck you if a good thief happens to target you.

>>6375508
>>6375945
>That said I love the item itself, and it does cost more now than it did back then. I just wish people weren't so greedy.
I wish people didn't sit on their ass for years, expect me to store the item for them and then not see profit off all that storage of the item in excellent condition. Quit acting like my electric bills and personal care taking of the items is worth nothing.

>I never said anything about wanting to paying retail price. Just not ASS RAPE prices.
ASS RAPE prices are determined by supply and demand. If the dude is charging more than the current market value then you have an argument but if they are charging market value you don't get to complain. Some people put things up on the market for hundreds of dollars more because they don't want to sell it BUT they'd be comfortable selling it at the super high unfair price because they could use the money. They would probably regret selling it one day even at the unfair price but definitely aren't willing to part with it for less which is perfectly fair. Not everything for sale is necessarily stuff people want to sale, you know?
>>
>>6375270
Because I like making money
>>
>>6375508
LOL, you're a fucking retard and a hypocrite too.
You're just as greedy as that for even thinking you DESERVE that toy, at a lower cost even. It's your own fucking fault that you paid as much as you did. Get angry at yourself for being an idiot.

Talk about entitlement.
>>
>>6363422
The con you're thinking about doing wouldn't by chance be in Ohio, would it?

Also, beware of stealing, but also beware of guys using their girls to talk down your prices. You'd be surprised how effective shit like that is on getting you to undercut.
>>
>>6376000
>LOL, you're a fucking retard
Read the second post, retard >>6375945

I don't mind paying what the item is currently selling for.
I just dislike it when someone is charging WAAAAAY more than what the current market value is for an item.

Example ...
Item originally cost $100

Item is currently selling for an average of $300 to $350

Some greedy fuck prices the same item for $685, and has the nerve to call it a "fair price".
>>
>>6376149
Nothing in that post changes the fact that you're a retarded.

You're still crying over the fact that you pushed your ass into their giant dick and are now crying rape because you regret your idiotic decision.

You're a greedy hypocrite, because instead of waiting or plain old making due without, you're acting like you had no choice but to buy it.
>>
Reminds me of NJCC last year. Some guy had ano MP Skywarp at some crazy high price. All these people were super upset and complaining. But he was the only one with an MP Skywarp at that show.

A couple months later, Takara reissued it. Don't remember if it has sold but somebody was surely pissed either way.
>>
File: JEWS.jpg (130KB, 807x375px) Image search: [Google]
JEWS.jpg
130KB, 807x375px
>>6376195

>now crying rape
I'm not calling out "rape" retard. I'm just saying I hate people who price gauge like any other red blooded person would.

>you're acting like you had no choice but to buy it.
I didn't you fuck. It was my holy grail toy.
>>
>>6376373
>It makes me feel ashamed of myself
>I still feel anger every time I think of [him] (and others like him)
>the thought of punching him creeps into my head,and fills me up with intense anger almost every week of my life
Your post reads like a livejournal post in an abuse support group

Cry more over wanting that massive dick. It's all your fault and you need to go down the road
>>
>>6376396
Keep trying to justify your actions you price gauging scalper. Your kind will always be hated by the general public.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>6376788
Holy shit. This is why i come to 4chan.

I'm the guy that ran with the girls that would steal and I'm not going to hide behind a false sense of altruism like a faggot like this guy.

We stole because we wanted it or wanted to make money. End of story.
There is no argument about the ethics, there's no debate over the price, there is no whining over scalping.

You stole because you were a greedy cunt just like we did. Now do what we did,
Grow the fuck up, before you get on the news for getting caught trying to steal TOYS of all things whilst being over the age of 20.
>>
Kek I'm the theif who got banned, just want the faggot who banned me to know that I was planning on shitposting all day today on 4chan, but since I have to travel to post on Wi-Fi I am headed to a collectible show about 40 minutes away from me so I can steal a bunch of shit in your honor. You are directly responsible for various people losing money today. Thanks for the push dipshit! I'll post my haul from another phone later :)
>>
>>6377059
This just in: a faggot in his mid 20's caught stealing toys. More news at 11.

Please send us your sex tape being a bitch to a man name bubbles in jail.
>>
Tips from a Pro:

Engage with people

Be friendly

Stand if you can.

Dont look bored and browsing your phone portable console the whole time. Because people wont want to disturb/engage with you.

Don't list prices if you can because that way if they want to know they will have to engage with you and you can make up prices based on what you think they are willing to pay.

Offer deals for people who aren't sure like 3 for 2 deals or discounts on a set.

If someone is unsure about something offer an on the spot one time deal to push them over the edge if necessary or it's something you want to get rid of.

Have out as much merch as you possibly can.

Put things that are the most easily identifiable/popular as visible as possible. The more easy it is to identify something at your table the more likely it is for a customer to come and actually take a look.

Don't look bored is the most important thing.

This coming from someone with 6 years experience.
>>
>>6377175
*Note this is based on someone selling prints but most of the tips are transferable.
>>
>>6377175
>Don't list prices if you can because that way if they want to know they will have to engage with you and you can make up prices based on what you think they are willing to pay.
Works better with prints where you have 2 or 3 prices based on size versus toys or other merchandise where prices could be all over. People tend to skip booths without prices for the same reason they ignore websites without prices - assume it's too expensive.
>>
File: Rick.jpg (75KB, 396x415px) Image search: [Google]
Rick.jpg
75KB, 396x415px
>>6377059
Yeah, okay. Show pics of you at the place or it didn't happen.

inb4 this faggot either
A. Gets a package in the mail bought with mommy's money and takes pics of his haul he got with his goodboy points

or

B. Goes to a convention with said mommy with his goodboy points and buys a bunch of shit, rushes to his room when they get home and takes pics of his haul whilst claiming he stole it

This faggot i swear
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (305KB, 1728x752px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
305KB, 1728x752px
>>6376948
>You stole because you were a greedy cunt just like we did
I never once stated in this thread that I would or have stolen anything from these people. I've never even been to a Comic con before.
Besides stealing from a mom, and pop store (aka a real person) isn't cool.

>We stole because we wanted it or wanted to make money. End of story.

Oh, so you're just evil for the hell of being evil. Nobody hurt, rapped, or stole from you. You have no back story as to why you are evil. You just are.

I can respect that I guess. Maleficent was way cooler when she was just the mistress of all evil instead of just a poor rape victim who got her wings cut off by an evil greedy man who she trusted as she was sleeping.
>>
File: IMG_0842.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0842.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6377848
>implying that a reason even matters as to why you're stealing something at a convention.

These are toys and nerd swag, not bread to feed my starving family.

The point I was trying to make Is that it doesn't matter why you stole, if it isn't to survive then you're a selfish cunt.

As for scalpers; get over it. I'm at a con grail hunting right now, the only guy here that has what I want is hocking it for $200 when I can get it online for just $50-$60. Did I cry about it or good Ill will towards him? No, because it's his right to charge what he wants just as I have the right to keep looking.

Either git gud and buy it when it's coming out or go without.

Pic for proof
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.