[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys prefer photo reviews of toys with descriptions on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Do you guys prefer photo reviews of toys with descriptions on it or video reviews?

Personally I prefer photo reviews, although they are rarer.
>>
File: IMG_1366.jpg (23KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1366.jpg
23KB, 600x400px
>>6356197
I prefer both, Video demonstration going over points of articulation, key features, paint application, durability etc. Then at the end, show photos.
>>
File: IMG_1325.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1325.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
>>6356197
And to some degree, it's easier to fake photos vs a real time video demonstration
>>
File: Stance 3.jpg (667KB, 1280x1531px) Image search: [Google]
Stance 3.jpg
667KB, 1280x1531px
>>6356197
I prefer photos especially if the review knows what hes doing. Mainly because photos are easier to consume and aren't full of fluff like most video reviews. Also video quality limits usually fuck with shit like colour accuracy and detail. Been wanting to do my own photo review blog but don't know the best platform so I've just been making mediocre imgur galleries.
>>
no toy review should be more than five minutes.
>>
>>6356489
No toy review should ever include the box as part of the review.
>>
I like children's toys.

I just can't bring myself to watching videos of other adults playing with children's toys with their big, fat, pasty hands.

Give me pictures of poses with proper composition and scenes. Far more interesting to me.
>>
File: hulk mash.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hulk mash.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
Reading is easier, faster, and could potentially be more informative.

Too bad most reviewers are cockmongling mumblers who can barely form a sentence, so most are shit.

A single photo and literally a few words can be more informative than 30 seconds of video.
Sure, a video could do the same shit, but you have to find that specific scene in the 18 minutes a shitcock reviewer thinks is required for a 4" figure with 20poa.
>>
File: 1324252395216.gif (678KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1324252395216.gif
678KB, 640x480px
well done stop motion.
>>
>>6357031
>ywn be able to justify buying her
>>
I like photos for seeing up close details on a macro level so I can compare the copy I bought and see if any flaws on mine are "common" or something abnormal. Macro photos show stuff in the worst light possible and so if it looks great in those chances are I will be super happy.

Videos are great for truly appreciating range of motion and various features. Getting a feel for how the toy moves and how the various accessories work. Things that don't necessarily translate well to photos or text descriptions.
>>
Pro Pics:
> easy and fast to read
> person got more time to prepare each picture
> less filler fluff
> easier to achieve a good result
> faster and easier to get back to a certain point
> better close-ups
> no sound needed

Contra:
> no movement, i.e. posing in action
> less feeling for size/proportions and stuff

Pro Video:
> easier to see a piece being handled
> better feeling for its dimensions

Contra:
> most people don't have proper equipment
> most don't get they should write a script before recording
> no clue how to cut a video, if they cut at all
> shit voice, shit music, can't understand them
> "eeehm, well, aaah, hmm"
> need to wind back whenever I want to see a part again

Clearly prefer pictures.
For videos it's not enough to grab your phone and record your hands fumbling around while mumbling and stuttering.
Lazy people think it's easier, which it is for them...if quality isn't a concern.
>>
>>6356197
I usually search for a photo review, if i like the figure i search a video
>>
>>6356400
Even in action figure form Ben Affleck looks defeated
>>
>>6356197
I vastly prefer a collection of great photos instead of some fucking sperglord that knows nothing about making videos that can barely talk play with a figure.
>>
Written reviews are so much better because I don't have to listen to some jerkoff talk for 15 minutes
>>
Written word and photos, all day.

If I already own a figure and love it I will watch vids of other nerds gushing over it. There are maybe one or two good toy reviewers that I check in with often but the vast majority are painfully awful.

Sometimes I like when a review doesn't stick to it he horrid formula that all of YouTube reviewers seem to adhere to and just very casually talk about the figure and why it's good. Very rare
>>
>>6356489
And reviews of repaints should literally be, "This is what it looks like in its new colors, if you want anything else, go look up the original review".
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (21KB, 246x138px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
21KB, 246x138px
>jobby in charge of knowing what an illegal lottery is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdw4mLCQik8
>>
>>6361030
Shit I didn't know that either honestly.

Good on Jobby.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.