[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a cabinet with a glass door to put my 1/6 scale figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I bought a cabinet with a glass door to put my 1/6 scale figures in (pic related is basically how it looks) but I have noticed that there is a smell coming from inside the cabinet and the longer I keep the doors shut, the stronger the smell is when I open it.

It's not coming from the figures cos I've taken them out and the smell just won't go away.

Is there anything I could do to try and get rid of the smell?

idk if it's safe to keep my figures then in a cabinet like this.

I know most have just glass cases that they put these types of figures in.
>>
Should have bought an all glass display, not only can you see your stuff much better but it doesn't smell.
>>
>>6354509
take it completely apart and clean it.
>>
Hijacking this thread to ask

Does anybody know of any white cabinets with glass doors that are perfect for displaying figures and storing media like movies, books and games?

I'm looking for something that's secure, like no way for bugs or shit to get in through the back (I have some incredibly shitty shelving/cabinets right now with this issue.)
>>
>>6354594
OP here. Yeah my cabinet doesn't get any bugs in although yeah the damn smell

>>6354572
So is the smell okay if I just keep my figures in it and don't worry?
>>
>>6354509
>>6355497

The cabinet is new so the smell is completely normal. The materials are off gassing. It won't harm anything. Just open it every once in a while to air it out and the smell will go away after a while.
>>
>>6355565
>The materials are off gassing. It won't harm anything
Just your health. ....all that chip board shit they make furniture with now a days is terrible for you and your family health.
>>
>>6354509
Ehhhhhh, probably nothing to be concerned about. If it's a piece of wood furniture below $200, it probably is either formaldehyde from the shit "wood" composite pieces or it's a poor quality filler in the stain finish making that smell. No one here can tell you what is and isn't safe over the internet.
>>
File: IMG_9290.jpg (152KB, 644x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9290.jpg
152KB, 644x591px
>>6356868
Maybe someone on /diy/ would know, or some carpenter forum out there.
>>
>>6354509
Just put 2 sheet of downy dryer sheets in the cabinet and close the door. Leave it inside for a day or two. Also put some baking soda in a small cup and leave it in the back corner of your cabinet.
>>
It's formaldehyde from the particle board. It's why I have houseplants.
>>
>>6356868
Is formaldehyde even used these days? Not all manufactured wood uses it.

But yeah, it's probably chemical smells because it's probably made out of MDF of something
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.