[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to get a Dr. Strange for my shelf- any recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 19

File: strange-ditko.jpg (129KB, 725x969px) Image search: [Google]
strange-ditko.jpg
129KB, 725x969px
I'm looking to get a Dr. Strange for my shelf- any recommendations?

Alternatively, wizard thread- post figures of mages.
>>
>>6350035
Pretty much the Mezco one:12 looks like your best bet.
>>
>>6350039

>stand for flight and levitation poses
>astral form effect
>two different spell effects
>swappable open and closed amulets

Awesome as that all sounds, 12" stuff has never really been my scene.

What about the Marvel Universe Stranges- are they any good?
>>
>>6350122
Mezco is 6" scale.
>>
>>6350132

Ah, so they are. Sorry.
>>
>>6350122
I don't know about good, but they're easy to find. I had them pegwarming everywhere in San Diego.
>>
File: dr strange statue combined.jpg (86KB, 1024x479px) Image search: [Google]
dr strange statue combined.jpg
86KB, 1024x479px
>>6350035
Depends on the version you want, OP, and whether you're hunting for a figure or statue, and then, how much you're gonna blow, cause like everything you can pop $8 on the universe scale or like $900 on that quarter scale XM-studios statue.

For the comic version, I'm not huge on the old toybiz one but it's the one that's in the classic ditko costume. The movie legends figure's decent, as was the black and red costumed one from the hulkbuster wave. They did re-release one of those in the movie wave with the cape, but it's a different mold without the details on the gloves.

As mentioned earlier, there's the Mezco figure coming later, too.

I don't know about either of the diamond select ones but I'd assume they're up to the usual standard you'd expect.

Statues, there's the MCU milestones one due out this winter that looks pretty great and the cheap PVC gallery one that's out and also in the classic costume. DST did an older milestones statue but good fucking luck finding one of those, similarly the old bowen one (pic related) as well. This one's a bit of my personal grail, being late to the party feelsbadman.

Good hunting, OP.
>>
If you're wanting a 3.75 inch scale figure, the Marvel Universe Dr Strange was one of the best figures in the entire line. I started collecting 6 inch Legends instead but couldn't sell it off
>>
Kamen rider wizard has some good mages too.
>>
I was gonna buy the HT MCU version, but I'm good waiting for the Mezco 1/12th fig. Strange's one of the few they didn't ruin with their "artistic license".
>>
>>6350122
4" Marvel Universe comic Strange from years back is pretty cool.
4" MCU Strange 2-pack is probably alright.
6" Toy Biz Strange is alright.
The various 6" Hasbro comic Stranges are garbage.
6" Hasbro MCU Strange is great for what it is, but benefits from a flight stand and alternate effects pieces.
SHF MCU Strange looks pretty baller, but I wouldn't know for sure.
>>
>>6352020
>the fucking cloak of levitation on the toybiz one

I guess that's what was gonna result cause they didn't do soft goods but I fuckin hate how it's split into three segments.
>>
>>6352144
Personally, I'm happy enough with my MCU Strange and a flight stand. If I were a bigger Strange fan, I'd go for the Mezco over all the others because it looks so good.
>>
>>6350122

Uh hu. Well, good thing for you the Mezco isn't 12 inches. It's six.
>>
>>6351962
>Strange's one of the few they didn't ruin with their "artistic license".

Who/How have they fucked up before?
>>
>>6353211
Around half of their figures so far, and just about every one of their Marvel Figures have been their shitty takes on the outfits rather than the 1/1 accurate figures everyone wanted them to be after the TDKR Bats were so amazing.

Shit like their Spider-Man's crappy sneakers, and almost everything about their Daredevil and Wolverine
>>
>>6353329
>Spider-Man's crappy sneakers

His face seems a little off, too, if I'm not mistaken- the size and placement of the eyes, I mean.
>>
>>6352254
That looks like such shit, aside from the cape, effects, and top tier head sculpt. Mezco is the new PAK, no doubt.
>>
File: 3546.jpg (281KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3546.jpg
281KB, 1500x1500px
>>6353438

Uh-hu. Tell me more.
>>
>>6353438
the only people who shit on mezco have never played with one 95% of the time. These figs really are topnotch
>>
>>6354123
There's not much more to say. Cool effect parts, great head sculpt, nice cape, looks like shit elsewhere with giant stitches and the dolly-looking sash.

>>6354140
I have 5. Once Bones comes out, I'll have my 6th. So... blow me? I'm done with PAKco.
>>
>>6354355
sup 5%
>>
>>6352254
Oh boy that looks bad. It's a shame Mezco doesn't do a 1:12 line without cloth goods, as they are pretty good at sculpting.
>>
File: IMG_1952.jpg (505KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1952.jpg
505KB, 2592x1728px
>>6350035
OP your best bet is the god tier Mezco
>>
File: 20170417_015041.jpg (70KB, 720x820px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_015041.jpg
70KB, 720x820px
The MCU Cumberbatch 3.75" 2pack is out there. Comes with an astral projection version of the mold. It's pretty decent for a 3.75" figure made these days, not sure how it compares to the Marvel Universe ones.
>>
>>6354433
He has a macaroni noodle for a belt. Christ this looks chintzy. I agree with >>6354373 their sculpts far outpace the fabrics to an embarrassing degree.
>>
>>6354433
See this is one of the things that is shitty about cloth goods, the comic book accurate costumes end up looking retarded.
>>
>>6354476
>>6354501
lmao wtf are you guys talking about, that looks amazing. Find me a better dr strange then
>>
>>6353438
>>6354373
>>6354476
>>6354501

You're either blind or nuts, dude.
>>
>>6354433
I'm not huge on the sash, the fuck is it gold for? It's literally a 30 second fix though so I'm still on board.
>>
>>6354959
Fix it how?
>>
File: ml dr strange.jpg (347KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
ml dr strange.jpg
347KB, 3000x1688px
>>6354935
I sorta see the macaroni with the way the cloth isn't sealed at the end, but those clothes are ACE.
Love the designs they put on it.

Only the Toy Biz figure looks better than Mezco's.
>>
File: pope-clothes.jpg (193KB, 970x650px) Image search: [Google]
pope-clothes.jpg
193KB, 970x650px
>>6354959
Gold is a highly spiritual and a mythologic element and is used everywhere, even on important people who want to be as plain as they can.

See New Pope's sash tassles.
>>
>>6355187
Remove, acquire orange ribbon, tie, profit.
>>
>>6355772
>needing to make a fix like that with an $80 figure
Pathetic. Mezco collectors are becoming more deluded with overlooking shit quality than Hasbro collectors.
>>
>>6355775
man aint nothing wrong with the gold sash foh
>>
There is nothing wrong with the old toybiz marvel legends Dr Strange.
>>
>>6355775

Look, man- I fucking hate softgoods, and even I'm willing to concede that the articulation, accessories, and dead-on headsculpt more than make up for the doll clothes.

So far as this figure is concerned, that is- I'm not familiar with the rest of the line, and maybe it really is the next big thing in overpriced, overhyped crap.
>>
>>6356720
>overpriced, overhyped crap
That goes without saying. They often don't even have double elbows, and not a single one released thus far has had a full-function modern ankle rocker.
>>
>>6356720
I mostly felt the same until I bought one. Granted, the ankles are unforgivable, but the rest of the figure is fantastic. Would I pay $100 for one? No. Am I sour about the $80+shipping buy-in? Yes, but they're absolutely worth it once in-hand.
Maybe the way to think about them is that they're collector dolls instead of toys.
>>
File: punisher shotgun.jpg (353KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
punisher shotgun.jpg
353KB, 1600x1200px
>>6356819
Spoken like an internet dweller who just wants to troll because he thinks he knows everything from a single picture.

I will say that they're overpriced, but it's unlikely you'll get anything better. Figures like the Punisher are the epitome of the character.

Pic of how showing off what the elbow is like on MOST of the Mezco figures.
They only go with single joints for figures that don't have clothes that drapes over the joint. Figures like the mutant don't even have the butterfly joint on the shoulders.

So if you're a fan of the characters, Mezco's figures are a must buy. Despite me saying that they're overpriced, they are fantastic figures. Articulation, sculpt, poseability, attention to detail; no one comes this close to making the definitive figure for the majority of Mezco's selection of characters.
>>
>>6354433
Christ, that looks amazing.
>>
File: GUL_6280.jpg (356KB, 1000x717px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_6280.jpg
356KB, 1000x717px
>>6356830
Mezcos Punisher is probably my favorite 6 inch figure ever.
>>
>>6356830
I like how you skipped past the ankle comment. Shitty $20 walmart toys have better ankle articulation than every last One:12.
>>
File: Mezco doll body.jpg (80KB, 861x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mezco doll body.jpg
80KB, 861x1024px
>>6356862
Still doesn't change the fact that they're a must have and are nearly the definitive figure for most of the characters they've made so far.

They're must buys if you like those charactes.
>>
File: my mezcos.jpg (310KB, 1321x748px) Image search: [Google]
my mezcos.jpg
310KB, 1321x748px
I love my Mezcos. Just set up this display case for them.
>>
>>6356870
>Still doesn't change the fact
It does though, because they have points to them that are inferior to a shitty 15 year old mass retail line available at walmart, despite how incredibly easy it would be for them to remedy it. You're basically defending Mattel's archaic practices at this point, so more power to you on that one.
>>
>People still rag on one:12s
I mean, for six inch scale some of them are still by far the best option for some of the characters. They aren't hyper posable, but they are pretty good as far as articulation goes, but it's the detail and presentation that makes them high quality.

Anyone who is still just bagging at this point is either extremely bored or upset about something else.
>>
File: Ferrari 308 GTB.jpg (120KB, 1200x591px) Image search: [Google]
Ferrari 308 GTB.jpg
120KB, 1200x591px
>>6356901
>my ferarri is in the shop 63 days out of the year
>thus your ford fiesta is the superior car
heheh, good one.
>>
>>6356907
If your ferrari was designed to only be able to turn its wheels 20 degrees, then yeah, the fiesta is the better car. Maybe you should rethink presenting your argument with such an obvious flaw, you dumbfuck.
>>
>Marvel legends are definitively better than Mezco's because the ankle pivot is mediocre!

It's like taking a checklist with 30 things, and because it only does better in 29 of them you throw the whole thing out.
>>
>>6356870
>are nearly the definitive figure for most of the characters they've made so far
Abso-fucking-lutely not

Maybe if they stuck to accurate comic designs like people wanted
>>
File: mezco batman expert sniper.jpg (21KB, 800x423px) Image search: [Google]
mezco batman expert sniper.jpg
21KB, 800x423px
>>6356947
I think Mezco's renditions line up well enough that i don't care for faithful renditions... as long as i like the designs.
Their Daredevil is awful
Their Spider-Man fills me full of meh, but the black costume looks great.

I would love to see comic faithful designs though. Like DCC quality stuff, right down to the style, like that Copiel Thor.
I'd still buy the Mezcos though.

>>6356919
>can't into analogies
what a literal mong.
>>
>>6356862

I'd be more worried about the articulation for a character that's more known for their acrobatics, but we're dealing with a 50-something surgeon turned sorcerer here. Dude's not exactly fuckin' spiderman.
>>
>>6354355
>looks like shit elsewhere with giant stitches and the dolly-looking sash.
Sash looks like it should.
And yeah that ONE line of stitches you see on the bottom of his shirt isnt proportionate, but that's a pretty minor visual thing compared to painfully visible articulation points on fully sculpted figure.
It's a pretty good compromise.
>>
>>6356951
>can't make analogies
You're the dumbfuck who made an analogy involving cars when ability to move is the point being brought up. The fuck did you think would happen, retard?
>>
>>6357175
>Dude's not exactly fuckin' spiderman
Wonder what the excuse will be when they do release their Spider-Man and he uses the exact same hobbled ankles as every other last One:12...

>Dude's not exactly fuckin' Nightcrawler...
>>
>>6356947
I'd say right now they've got the best six inch shazam, punisher, green arrow, joker, flash, zoom, dark knight returns batman, space ghost, for sure.
>>6357485
Most everyone has been expressing nothing but disappointment in that spiderman since the reveal. No one is arguing it'll be anywhere close to a top tier spiderman figure or anything like that.
>>
>>6357485
Spidey does in fact, look like asscandle. Dunno bout the DD but I'm not huge on either character and wasn't planning on getting them.

Not keen on the big-ass plastic booty shorts look Wolverine ended up with, not sure what the hell they were thinking.
>>
>>6357485
>Wonder what the excuse will be when they do release their Spider-Man
Pretty much everyone has shit canned their spiderman. Both the regular, and the giant headed black suit version. Mezco makes some really nice stuff, but when they fuck up, they fuck up hard (GID space ghost LOL).
>>
>>6356899
Dude, fuck yeah. We have almost the same Mezco collection and it's even displayed similarly. I have Dredd instead of Zoom, classic Daredevil instead of normal, and PX TDKR Batman instead of Captain Marvel.

These are like the best figures I've ever had.

I'm going to take them off their stands pretty soon, though. Running out of space for them.
>>
>>6357813
I'm gonna have to sub out the stands for obitsu stands soon. I've got like 6 more of these on order.

I might just add a second layer to the case...
>>
>>6357782
>Mezco makes some really nice stuff, but when they fuck up, they fuck up hard (GID space ghost LOL).

W-whats wrong with Space ghost?
>>
>>6357994
glow in the dark space ghost was advertised as him and the monkey glowing, and coming with an extra head and normal effects. The actual glow in the dark version has spaceghost glowing, the monkey comes in clear gitd plastic, all the effects are ALSO clear gitd plastic vs the painted standard ones, and they didn't include the extra head. The actual packaging even shows the regular effects on it.
>>
>>6357999
FUCK I ordered the fucking thing.
Why is Blip GITD? He wasn't a dead monkey! What the fuck am I supposed to do with a dead ghost monkey?
>>
>>6358024
Blip was shown to be gitd in the promo material.

You can probably cancel the order.

Mezco is blaming the whole thing on entertainment earth, and entertainment earth is not happy about being a scapegoat for something they had zero control over the manufacturing for.
>>
>>6358032
Its one thing if he was colored and then glowing, like the first promo. Then he's just radioactive. A mere dying monkey. But being transparent makes him a dead monkey! How am I supposed to get rid of a dead monkey!
>>
>>6358034
well, mezco is making one:12 ghostbusters...
>>
File: fuck off dead monkey.jpg (532KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off dead monkey.jpg
532KB, 1500x1500px
>>6358034
>>
File: Ma Slima.png (108KB, 218x226px) Image search: [Google]
Ma Slima.png
108KB, 218x226px
>>6358038
>>
>>6357479
>The fuck did you think would happen, retard?
Yes, I'm retarded for expecting people on 4chan to understand high school concepts like analogies, but i guess i shouldn't expect everyone on a 18+ site to be 18+, muchless finished 9th grade with passing grades.

>>6358032
>>6358034
any pictures?
Alls i find are promos that dont show the actual thing.
>>
>>6352254
This looks great. Remind me, why are the autismos having a bitch fit about this figure? The cloth goods may not be perfect but they look better than having a ton of obviously visible joints.
>>
>>6355291
>Toy Biz
>better than anything
>>
File: DocStrange.jpg (125KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
DocStrange.jpg
125KB, 600x599px
>>6350035
Maybe this one
>>
>MCU SHF Stephen Strange
Help me, /toy/. I've got the preorder on amazon for 93 bucks (after taxes) and I seriously don't feel like it's going to be worth that much. I want the figure, but I'm sure that I don't want to have paid that much money for it. But I also have no reason to believe it will ever be seen or heard of for under that price.

Should I cancel that preorder? Maybe hope for a MAFEX Strange with a better cape? What do you guys suggest?

For god's sake, he doesn't even have a sling ring.
>>
>>6366281
Meant to post with this image.
>>
>>6366281
Have we seen all his alt hands yet? How do you know he won't have a sling ring hand?
>>
>>6356843
is that a task master figure
>>
File: Ghost Rider Sling Ring.webm (1MB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Rider Sling Ring.webm
1MB, 1280x716px
>>6366302
That's a good point, we haven't seen a whole galaxy of hands around him, but just going by all the pictures they've released, I feel like we've seen all the hands he's going to come with and none of them have sling rings or are in that position.

I suppose it's not totally important since he doesn't come with a portal effect part either. Just a shame since it was basically one of two iconic spells to the movie, and they saw fit to include the time magic.

>>6366314
Yup, came out in the last... uhhhh... captain america wave, I wanna say? The other figure in that scene is the swap figure for that release, no idea what his name is but he kinda looks neat. Might pick one up if I see it cheap.
>>
>>6366318
Is that seriously what Robbie Reyes looks like in the tv show?
>>
Someone got an early copy of SHF Dr Strange
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvObA_d0bbk
>>
>>6366827
Yup, his ghost rider form is really accurate though.
>>
>>6366827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBybnHHA63c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QigqW91sHmk
>>
>>6366861
Is that really a "review"?

Doesn't really help my decision, except to confirm there's no sling ring hands.
>>
>>6366968
>>6366874
>really accurate
>skull instead of a helmet
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.