[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things in figures that trigger your OCD / autism Crooked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

ITT: things in figures that trigger your OCD / autism

Crooked / lazy eyes for me.

I just decided to waste another 200$ on the same figure because of it (damn these windowless boxes)
>>
Paint chipping gives me physical pain, especially if it comes fresh out the box
>>
Any of my old Lego parts being yellowed from age. I know the trick to fixing it, but I don't feel confident enough to do it, so I just keep them aside.
>>
Any kind of paintjob issues or errors, which are basically present in every figure ever so that no matter what figure i buy i always end up dissatisfied
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 728x522px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 728x522px
>No no relaxed/nuteral face.
>Eyes are looking to the side.
>No alternate hands.
>>
Visible seams between several areas of plastic body parts
>>
>>6330311
nub marks on toys that are poorly dealt with
Like shit, I could do a better job
>>
play arts kai stands
>>
I really really hate it when prototypes look better or have different color schemes than the final product which is 95% of the time the case

False advertising should be punished under sharia law
>>
>>6330385
God, just reminded me of Figma Ahe Next. I owned the prototype that was clear plastic and adored the engineering. Then the final production model was a disappointment.
>>
>>6330385
> advertised prototype has decent paint job
> is even shown off at various shows
> final product looks like a 3rd grader painted it with watercolors

Fucking chinks i tell you
>>
>>6330311
I'll stick to things that stores typically don't help with I guess.

Maximum OCD(ownward spiral):
Any mistakes on an unmasked or human face
Paint chipping/cracking + plastic that's not molded in color
Visibly stressed joints out of the box

Average OCD:
Paint bleeding in focal points
Big ugly nub marks on spots you will see all the time
Prototype looks significantly better (I know they are bullshots but still)

Minimal OCD:
Paint bleeding in hard to notice areas
Nub marks in hard to notice areas
Tiny paint imperfects anywhere on the figure that qualify as normal but it stills bothers me a slight bit
>>
>Joints that are too stiff or too loose
Loose joints irk me less than stiff ones, as at least they can't be fixed with the old super glue method. Stiff joints are just a fucking pain, I once bought a cheap clone trooper from the Star Wars 30th anniversary line that had a stiff knee, to this day I still cannot bend the leg of the figure at the knee, the joint is basically sealed tight.
>Sloppy paintwork/Decals
Self explanatory really, I'm less inclined to care if I'm buying the figure cheaply/second hand, but if its a new figure, its almost insulting, a key example here would be the TF2 Spy figurine by NECA.
>Rough edges on official figurines
Unless they're deliberate of course. But if they're unintentional, this only further cheapens the figure and shows that whoever produced/commissioned the figurine didn't really care about quality assurance
>If the figure has an extortionately high retail price
Combined with all the problems listed here, this shit just adds insult to injury. If the figurine is of an impeccably high quality, I can sometimes see the justification of a high price tag, but if the figure looks like shit, or is something you could easily kit-bash together for less it just frustrates me.
>Visibly distressed box on a brand new figure
I've bought a few 1/6 figurines 'brand new' from first party distributors only to find that when the box arrives there are dog eared corners, creases and rips all over the box, this can be caused by poor packing efforts for shipping or due to poor storage. But still, why describe the figure as 'new' when the box is a mess?
>>
>>6330574
*at least they CAN be fixed.

Fucking mobile posting.
>>
File: ahegao pepe.jpg (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ahegao pepe.jpg
119KB, 1000x1000px
>>6330393
>Figma Ahe Next
I didn't realize this was a typo, and thought it was some kinda lewd figure I hadn't heard of
>>
>>6330680
wow I've never seen this frog pic before
>>
File: shifty-eyed negro.jpg (138KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shifty-eyed negro.jpg
138KB, 1600x1200px
>>6330361
>>
File: 200% Lewd.png (938KB, 564x957px) Image search: [Google]
200% Lewd.png
938KB, 564x957px
>>6330680
Heh, wasn't expecting that response from my typo. Now I want a ahegao moeblob figure too.
>>
>Happy characters coming with no happy head.
SAS is awful about this.
>Male characters with completely flat crotches.
>Non posable figures that still can't stand up for shit.
>>
File: 05a (2).png (2MB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
05a (2).png
2MB, 1201x884px
>figma you really want
>Best accessory is a GSC Shop exclusive.

mfw
>>
The shitty hold strength of stage act 4s and 5s when posing bigger figures. Especially 5s, the heavier ratchet system is marketing bullshit when the extension arms are identically weak as the 4s.
>>
Maybe I have a special kind of autism but I fucking hate when figures have shading painted on to them.
>>
>>6330959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApvngXoiung
>>
>>6332853
Looks like fucking dirt i feel ya
>>
>>6331175
Even after tightening the screws? Or am I thinking of another display stand
>>
Greentext annoyance story

>figure comes with a weapon to hold in hands, sword for example.
>sword is painted instead of molded plastic
>hands are really hard plastic that doesn't soften up or are connected from fingers to thumb so it won't expand.
>sword doesn't slide smoothly in, is so tight a fit you can't get it in.

>tease sword into hand, paint rubs off sword handle.

I cannot tell you that this pisses me off more than any factory defect, paint scuff or anything else I can imagine.

The revoltech monster hunters are the worst example of this, you can't use the holding hands without fucking up the paint on the handles, you have to use the slightly open hands, even then they can't support the weight of the weapons or hold it properly.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.