[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about selling your toys. How often do you do it? Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2026.jpg (201KB, 1078x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2026.jpg
201KB, 1078x912px
Tell me about selling your toys. How often do you do it? Do you ever find it difficult? If something won't sell and it's clogging up your space, what do you do with it?
>>
Every few months when I arbitrarily decide that my display is too cluttered or I realize I haven't posed or messed with something in a decent while.

Not really, never had something sit on eBay for more than three weeks or so.

Lower the price.
>>
I don't.
If I really get sick of something, I may give it to a friend, or someone who might enjoy it. But usually I rotate things in and out of the display on a regular basis.
Selling on eBay or the BST comes with too many headaches, and I'm not going to make anything on it. I'd rather make somebody else happy if they're interested in it.
Besides, what comes around goes around. I still get mystery packages in the post from people who I've sent things to in the past. Usually with notes like "Hey, saw this and thought you might get a kick out of it!"
>>
I will die entombed in my toys
>>
>>6323060
I'm not a super huge collector. I've got a couple of boxes in the closet with toys that I've lost interest in. I feel like I should sell them, but... eh. They're either so old they still have sentimental value, or they were cheap, recent impulse purchases that I would likely give away or donate.

Although if I ever wanted to sell something I originally paid serious money for, then yeah, I would probably do it on ebay.
>>
>>6323060
Just throw them away. People are just too poor to pay shipping. If you're going to take a $9 hit right off the bat, you weren't going make bus fare anyway.

I hate to say that, I really do, but it's just not worth the hassle. If you can start a business, sell them to that business, and destroy them for a tax writeoff, you'll probably come out further ahead.
>>
>>6323060
Honestly anon it is an absolute motherfucker to try and sell toys. Most choices suck:
Ebay: You are going to take a bath on shipping and fees. Only way to even get something to sell is price it under market value and hope someone bids it up.
Facebook/BST/etc: Deal with a bunch of morons that will try and haggle with you on every little thing, then bitch about condition or anything they can to try and get it free. Again, unless it's underpriced you likely won't even see offers.
Selling back to resale shops: You would literally be better off throwing it in the garbage, because that's what you'll get paid. The local chain here plays about 1/10th of what things are worth, or 1/20th in credit if you spend that money back with them.

I have a ton of shit I would love to get rid of but it just isn't worth the hassle honestly. I have too much shit but oh well.
>>
>How often do you do it?
Used to do it often, don't anymore.
>Do you ever find it difficult?
Initially I didn't find it too difficult but once I sold quite a few things and regretted a few (not all, thankfully) it became very very hard. The problem is my fluidity in what I deem cool, fun and want to own. My mood shifts and I don't want to be caught in a scenario where I regret selling something, have to pay way more to re-buy it and then have anxiety about how well it was taken care of since some of you people abuse your toys badly compared to how I treat them.
>If something won't sell and it's clogging up your space, what do you do with it?
Keep it. Store it in the most economical and space saving way. Throwing things away is a no no for me because I don't want to contribute to landfills and if I REALLY don't want it I will just donate it to a friend or someone who does want it. I will NOT sell it for pennies to some for profit shop because fuck those guys reselling stuff for a big profit.
>>
>>6323060

That picture is kind a heart-breaking...
>>
>>6323660
see "kids beyblade ebay"
>>
>>6323060
>Have too many figma that I stopped liking
>Have local friend who likes figma
>Hey kids wanna buy some toys.jpg
>We agree on some prices, not a total loss for me and better than mandy for him
>Stupidly give him the toys before collecting payment
>friend disappears
>never online
>never see in person
>a few weeks later
>I go to his house at 8am on a Sunday morning
>His dad lets me in
>I go to his room
>Stand at the end of his bed
>He wakes up
>Good morning friend.jpg
>leave

And I had the money in my account that evening.
>>
> How often do you do it?
Not terribly often, generally what happens is that I get something that is just out-and-out better than another toy I had previously, like Masterpieces or Shinkoucho SHFs.

> Do you ever find it difficult?
Not especially, I tend to be pretty even with my pricing, especially when it comes to Transformers. Granted if it's something higher on the price scale it tends to stick around a bit longer, unless it's still a pretty popular item with people.

> If something won't sell and it's clogging up your space, what do you do with it?
I'll usually just throw it in as a freebie, if it's not something that's too huge anyway, just to get rid of it all together.
>>
>>6323060
I throw them in the trash tbqh
>>
>>6323060
>How often do you do it?
Infrequently.
Some things are harder to let go of than others.
>If something won't sell and it's clogging up your space, what do you do with it?
There's a comic shop that sells a lot of loose and packaged figures. Last time I cleared out some stuff I wound up with $200 in trade. Walked away with a nice vintage NIB figure and some Conan trades.
>>
Only time I ever sold toys was when I was around 14? When my mom & some of her friends were having a rummage sale. Wasn't really feeling my GI Joes & Transformers at the time so threw em in a couple boxes and sold joes for like $2 each & transformers for like $5 for the small ones & sold my original G1 Optimus to my best friend for $20 made like 150 bucks total which was sweet at the time but now I wish I had never sold em
>>
>put tomahawk and heavythread on sale
>expect them to sell fast because /toy/ loves them
>3 weeks later nobody has even asked for them but they have a lot of visits
>shitty ass prime megatron sells two days after publishing it
I hate you guys.
>>
File: MindFucksa-303.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MindFucksa-303.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>6323060
That image is breaking my heart for some reason.
>>
>>6324682
What a dick
>>
>>6324789
Donate them, mother fucker. There are halfway homes and foster care organizations that can use those.
>>
>>6332807
>sign clearly made by an adult, perhaps the toys are forcibly being sold?
>kids have shitty haircuts, old clothes
>toys strewn haphazardly on the table
>toys look well-used, probably well-loved
>one child in tears, other doesn't look happy

It's a perfect storm of disappointment.
>>
>>6323198
solid answer, just like a pharaoh... I like that.
>>
I sale cheap toys at the annual garage sale in my parents' neighborhood. I would never sell any high quality figures or plush because 80% of the buyers are poor mexicans or clueless old people. I know they would try to buy a figma for $10.
>>
File: IMG_3552.jpg (562KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3552.jpg
562KB, 1600x1200px
>How often do you do it?
Only a few times, because I needed a little extra cash and my collections had enough of a surplus to prune down.

Not really, years ago I sold a few things on ebay but now I'm too afraid of getting scammed to use it again so I put them on kijiji, canada's craigslist equivalent but without the stigma. Then it's just a waiting game but I've sold everything I've listed to date. Except for one run-in with a lying lego reseller I've had good experiences overall with kijiji, been trimming down my plastic armies collections over the years and I feel like they're going to good homes.

Everything I collect is already in varying degrees of storage, don't really have a setup conducive to displaying and anything superfluous just sits with the rest until it goes.
>>
Had a bunch of those old metal thomas the tank engine toys from the early 2000s and some hotwheels at my grandmas, been asking me nonstop for weeks if i still want them to give to my kids in the future or to just have, decided that my cousins kids would get a much better kick out of them than i would. Still have all my cool old thomas toys with led paint, it honestly feels good to know that theyll enjoy them more and actually play with them rather than selling it to some dude who'll just put them on a shelf.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.