[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently got into collecting 80's and 90's toys.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I recently got into collecting 80's and 90's toys. I've joined a few local communities and been a prospect on a few auctions but only bought one yet (a very nice Jurassic Park MOC) as I'm picky.

Anyway one thing I've come across several times is that some sellers are kind of shifty and vague in their descriptions. They'll write things like "in excellent conditions, few minor scratches/parts missing" and you'll really have to really work to get a straight answer and photos that show exactly the extent of the damage and which parts are missing.

I was looking into a Dino Riders auction for instance and only after a dozen of messages back and forth was I informed that there was a piece that was snapped off. Another Dino Riders toy was described as being mostly complete but had 50% stuff missing. Shit like this pisses me off.
Are they being intentionally vague or are they just too dumb to give a full account of what they are selling?
>>
>>6314696
They probably intended to be vague in hopes of snaring a rube.
>>
>>6314696
Dino riders sellers are the worst at this. True, there are a million easily broken parts and some sellers with grown kids who are "cleaning out the attic" won't have a clue- but in the Year of Google 2017 there's no excuse. You're being duped by sellers who are deliberately vague to offload their shit. The items in good condition sell fast, Buy-It-Now for 20% more than you'd like to pay, and they just say "look at the pictures, what you see is what you get."

You chose the wrong brand if you want care-free purchases. I've been burned by them all.

Still, Dino Riders is the fucking shit and it's worth taking your time to build a good collection. Good luck.
>>
>>6314706
>>6314707

Guess my bullshit radar is working then. I totally understand that complete sets are hard to come by and have no problem with people selling incomplete ones as long as they are upfront about exactly what they are selling. Dino-Riders are great though, love everything about them. Thanks.
>>
I almost bought a boxed super powers hall of Justice recently, but the guy was purposely taking ambiguous photos and wouldn't show all the parts together and I was positive it was incomplete.

A lot of toy dealers are dishonest.
>>
I once sold Pokemon Monopoly which was complete but wanted to keep the figures so I wrote on my description "it seems to be complete but I can't verify, sold as is". Sorry /toy/.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.