[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to run a real giveaway /toy/. Something fun, and something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Win_gifts_prizes_sweepstakes.jpg (46KB, 532x304px) Image search: [Google]
Win_gifts_prizes_sweepstakes.jpg
46KB, 532x304px
I want to run a real giveaway /toy/. Something fun, and something with some neat rewards. Something that will bring a modicum of 'fun' back to this board.
Tell me what you think about it, and I will gauge my decisions on your thoughts.
I'm dead serious. I want to try an inject a little more life here. No strings attached.
>>
these vultures don't deserve fun or happiness
>>
>>6312751
Including yourself?
>>
>>6312756
Yes.
>>
>>6312759
Why then?
>>
>>6312744
I'll take one cutman and megaman set pls
>>
>>6312744
I think it's a great idea. It makes me a little nostalgic actually. I remember this kind of thing happening a few times ages ago.
>>
File: toymeme.jpg (3MB, 1916x4260px) Image search: [Google]
toymeme.jpg
3MB, 1916x4260px
>mfw We all end up with dragon dildos.
>>
Ht darth vader pls, may the 4th be with you
>>
>>6312744
Whilst that does sound nice, it's too easily exploitable. Especially here. be that /toy/ or 4chan as a whole.
>>
I'd be interested. I love doing Secret Santa, even if it tends to be a clusterfuck. But something to lift everyone's spirits a bit would be awesome.
>>
The only issue with this stuff is that greedy assholes are always going to take advantage of others kindness
>>
>>6312849
Fine with me. I need a new dragon dildo.
>>
>>6312744
Please do it. Don't listen to the toxic assholes. It'd probably be fun for all parties, including yourself.
>>
I remember all the giveaways and the travelling toy chest. Good times. Goooooood times.
>>
>>6315263
>t. Greedy asshole
>>
>>6315290
>t. cynic who hates life and sucks happiness away from this place.
>>
Use to do LEGO giveaways every Christmas until the negativity got too much.

My advise is do it until it's not fun for you anymore.

Then leave the board for a few months so people barely recall it.
>>
>>6315270
>travelling toy chest

Never heard of this, care to explain?
>>
>>6316238
Way back, a bunch of anons started a toy chest.
The idea was to send it out to other anons, who could take something from it, but they had to put something back into it.
It lasted a couple of weeks, and some cunt got it and kept it.
>>
>>6312744
I think in order to do a giveaway correctly, you'd have to have people give you shipping addresses and limit it to one entry per person at least. Maybe even one entry per area (state, city, et cetera) to prevent a large group from sweeping in and potentially getting everything.
It does sound like fun though.
>>
>>6312823
>>6312965
>>6313083
>>6316494
OP here.
It's not a Secret Santa type of deal.
I have a rough idea of how it will go, if I decide to do it. Something along the lines of a contest. Sort of like a drawing, but It will need a response from people to be part of it.
I could do 1 to see how it goes, and if I'm satisfied (and everybody has some fun with it) I could do a series of them. Maybe monthly.
Still trying to decide if it's worth it or not though.
>>
I'd love a giveaway, I remember back when rider and caboose gave shit away, I never won but it was still exciting.

I think a lot of people would look forward to it, especially with all the grinch-stank bullshit that has happened with secret santas the last few years.
>>
I've always wanted to do a summer time secret want thing because ever time I've participated it's been a really cool experience. And I want the Christmas feeling twice a year.
>>
>>6317079
Santa* not want
>>
If you'd like to do it op you should try it and see, if its fun for you and you like it one thing I would advise is to not do it often.
Ive never taken part in one of these but the threads are fun to read, and with a giveaway you avoid the drama of secret santas and having to monitor people.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.