[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever get the urge to just blow a shitton of money on toys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: buzz.jpg (94KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
buzz.jpg
94KB, 1200x900px
Do you ever get the urge to just blow a shitton of money on toys? Like 1000 in one week
>>
>>6304929
only when I'm depressed and trying to continue my day to day existence through sheer force of will
>>
File: 1407974930716.gif (1MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1407974930716.gif
1MB, 512x288px
Sure, I've blown a hundred bucks or so on Frame Arms parts when I was making a big-

>Like 1000 in one week

Jesus, no.
>>
>>6304929
Yes, but I mostly go for higher end JP imports and 1/6 when I spend big, so its more unsatisfying to spend near a grand for just 4 or 5 figures, even less sometimes.

I just wish I could justify just going out and buying a ton of Marvel Legends, retail Transformers, and NECA stuff and the like. I mean, Is till like those, I'm no toy snob, but my space is getting limited and I'm trying to make wiser choices.
>>
No, but I have the urge to sell a bunch of my toys.
>>
>Nendoroid Deadpool
>Revoltech Venom
>ML Beetle
>ML Cosmic Spidey
>Black Series 40th Han
>Black Series 40th R2
>ML 12 inch Deadpool
>Elite Series 12 inch Rey from Disney Store 50% off for my daughter
>like 3 Tsum Tsums for my daughter
>Mystery Bag TMNT Megablox figure for my daughter

STOP ME NOW PLZ
>>
>>6304978
all of that stuff is kind of crappy besides the stuff for your daughter.
>>
I blew 230 this past week.
>3X ML 12" figures
>Captain Marvel Mezco billed and shipped
>6X Hero Mashers for kid
>2X 6" Marvel Legends
>3X of those blindbox pewter guns GameStop was selling
Stopped myself before buying more useless crap and returned 2 of the 12" figures.

I really need to just sort my hoard of ML figures and do another purge in the BST.
>>
>>6305020
>2X 6" Marvel Legends
Which ones?
>YOU NEED THE 1:12 DEADPOOL SIR, it calls to you
>>
>>6304934
Literally this jesus christ I hate myself. You couldn't have put it better anon
>>
>>6304929

Haven't bought anything for myself the whole month besides some burgers out once in a while and Persona 5.

Just blew a wad of cash on Revo Venom and SHF Chun Li and Ryu. No regrets. Well, one regret. Fucking Golden Week is gonna screw up my shipping times, because it didn't get shipped.
>>
and then the high ends and you still feel empty inside
>>
>>6304929
The ONLY time I've ever had more than a thousand bucks to my name is days before the rent is due.

God I need a better paying job.
>>
>>6304929
I've spent $200 on fucking vinyl in a day and $450 for toys online. Vinyl I have to buy in person to stock up and toys online. There aren't many good irl places for toys
>>
>>6304929
No where near $1000, but a couple hundred within a few months. It usually happens if I recently discover a line I didn't know about and just splurge to catch up.
>>
>>6304929
1000 what? Dollars?
Lol. I spend 5k dollars a week on toys
And that's just a drop in the bucket for me.
I mostly collect hot toys and japanese import shit. Only high priced toys for me.
>>
Urge? Sure, every time I walk the Lego aisle.

But do I spend it? Hell no; I've got rent, electricity, water, Internet, Netflix, food, gas, car payment, phone bill, student loans, life insurance, and car insurance to pay for. I wish those weren't more important than a Y-Wing to swoosh around, but they are. I hate being an adult.
>>
>>6305559
So do I, but I can't imagine their being 5,000 worth of stuff to buy every week
>>
>>6305559
you'd run out of shit to buy in a month. i'm pretty sure there's sad chinese teens who spend daddy's money like this though
>>
>>6304929
>Stranded, mortally wounded, and with no means of communication to Star Command, Buzz decided to go out on his own terms and removed his helmet in the vacuum of space.

On topic, I've been tempted to blow it on some discontinued figures like QB Menace and Melona or to 3D Print a shit-ton of big models I have in CAD. Thankfully I manage to resist temptation at the last moment.
>>
>>6305873
Where do you 3D print models at? Any recommended places?
>>
wow I actually don't understand how some of you can do something as fun as buying something you like... and turn it into something depressing.

not being sarcastic, I'm actually amazed and somewhat curious about how.
>>
>>6305939
I am pretty sure having issues with money/buying shit/"retail therapy" is a common symptom of depression and other mental issues like bipolar/manic depression. My mom has bipolar and she goes through periods where she'll spend every penny to her name on shit she doesn't need
>>
>>6305038
I can't even remember. I think I finally bought Misty Knight because I was able to find a sale, and then I got another thing from Amazon or some other site. They all run together since they're all impulse buys, which is horrible. I've literally got a bag full of loose MLs that have been posed and displayed a few times until the next wave comes around. Really need to sort through them, pick out the keepers, then put them all up in the BST but I'm too swamped with work and home life. The toys have become "retail therapy" at this point, but it's kind of stopped working.
>>
most i've ever done was $200~ in the span of about 9 days, i couldn't ever imagine doing that
>>
>>6306026
Oh shit, and I forgot about the Star Wars 40th anniversary Vader, Ben, and Han. That's another $85 before tax.
>>
>>6305873
I use Shapeways. I haven't had the chance to try other places though.
>>
>>6306059
Woops, meant to respond to >>6305900
>>
>>6306031
And I just remembered the Star Wars Black Series regular release Ben and Leia, and the Sprukits Halo. Fuck me.
>>
>>6305983
depending on how much money it was i think it's also a symptom of being poor. my parents seem to think that their bank account has a magic hole in it where money will fall through over time. they spend the money the week they get it

but yeah i also agree with everything else you said.
>>
>>6305939
i would bet money that you are very young or not a serious collector if you don't understand this.
>>
>>6304929
No. Maybe within like 200$ but never 1000 and that's only if I got a bonus or something.
>>
I came close a couple times last year, and I probably will again soon once I pay off a few upcoming bills. I'm at the point where most of the stuff I'm still looking to pick up is $100+ on its own, so it'll add up quick. Especially with bbts and hlj order stacking.
>>
>>6304929
Only has happened with two scenarios.
Either I ignored my preorder release dates and two or three figs request for payment in the same month
Or when there's a "build a figure" and all the pieces are in the same store. This happened most recently with that new voltron combiner.

>>6304947
>I just wish I could justify just going out and....

Holy shit, this. I use to be a huge Transformer faggot but now nothing repulses me more than large displays or nothing but transformers. I look back at when I had them shoulder to shoulder filling the whole shelf and shudder.
Now not saying I hate transformers, or necac etc infact I still love them, I just can't display more than a figure or two.
>>
Spent about 300 this weekend at Tamashii World Tour... i dont usually do that though but when I'm surrounded by toys and rare deals. I cant help it sometimes. Did the same thing at Comic Con at Goodsmiles booth mostly
>>
>>6305392
what's vinyl? like upholstery?
>>
>>6306059
>>6306062
Thanks anon, may try them out.
>>
>>6305939
30, good job, with a whole wall of SICs and gunpla. I keep my childhood toys in the storage, don't know a single day when I didn't want to buy toys. You probably shouldn't gamble, anon.
>>
>>6305559
>obligatory "I'M RICH HAHAHA POORFAGS" post, most likely written by some housebound shutin starved for (You)s.

And here's my charity (You)
>>
File: 1438108060496.jpg (49KB, 404x278px) Image search: [Google]
1438108060496.jpg
49KB, 404x278px
>>6304929
I get physically sick when I spend over $100. I can't fathom spending $1000 in one week. I have real bad anxiety when it comes to spending money, especially on toys. I feel like I'll never be sated.
>>
>>6306260
probably referring to either vinyl toys like kidrobot or vinyl records
>>
>>6304929
MP-36, 11, 13, 15, and 16 all in the same month.

Reissues are rare, gotta take advantage when it happens.
>>
File: yes.jpg (193KB, 933x356px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
193KB, 933x356px
>>6304929
>>6304934
I know that feel all too well.
The worst part is that I'm a poorfag, my wallet can hardly handle blowing 100 bucks a month. It really scares me how much I'd spend if I had the money for it.

>>6305983
This. Also, are you me?
>"Anon, should you really spend that much on toys?"
>Spends three times as much on skin products and magic weight loss pills
>Which she doesn't even use
>>
File: 1435193175834.jpg (41KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1435193175834.jpg
41KB, 500x294px
>>6305559
>>
If I had that kind of money, I'd blow it all on miscellaneous Mega Man lots on eBay and see which figures I could complete and resell
>>
>>6304929
I get the urge to spend thousands of dollars every day, I don't because that would be stupid and would immediately feel bad after because what your feeling is what a junkie feels right before he sells his friends shit to buy more shit to placate his junkie needs.

See someone, addiction is a bad thing and you can get addicted to just about anything. You have some kind of hole in your life and your constant buying is just you trying to deal with that. Trust me, I have plenty of addiction in my life and you will never feel good till you deal with what problem hurts you.
>>
Just spent about $70 on marbles.
>>
File: 1490808295163.png (25KB, 169x157px) Image search: [Google]
1490808295163.png
25KB, 169x157px
>>6304929
I just did this week
>try feeling depressed again
>go on eBay, and start buying toys I always wanted for 4 times the price
>get toy and feel empty, and buy more.
>blow another 2k on toys
I haven't been the same man, since my wife left me because my penis stops working.
I basically waiting for death now.
>>
>I feel rotten if I spend $100 in a week's time

y'all ok?
>>
>>6312539
sorry to hear that, anon
>>
File: 1457585659508.gif (2MB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1457585659508.gif
2MB, 240x160px
>>6308178
>cheapest option for a very rare toy is $120
>probably cost $1 to make in China
>take the offer
>feel sick, questioning my sanity
>a year later it's going for double
It's a bitter-sweet feeling.
>>
>>6305559
lets see your collection
>>
>>6308178
Anon please where are the toy in your pic from?
>>
File: cheetor WAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (107KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
cheetor WAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
107KB, 1200x900px
>>6304929
I'll never spend that much, least on toys because thats well over 2 paychecks for me.

Spending the whole paycheck in a week is rare, spending half is uncommon and spending a 6th is the weekly norm.

I do need to stop though, I said I was gonna quit gunpla and then I start buying store bought transformers shit, fucking plastic crack is hard to quit
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.