[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After all these decades is there a single figure of the T-800

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

After all these decades is there a single figure of the T-800 that actually matches how it looked in the original movie? Every single one I've seen has looked really off with the shoulders way too wide or with wires snaking around that weren't there or as pronounced. How could such a GOAT robot design be handled in such a mediocre way for all these years?
>>
What works as a stop-motion model doesn't necessarily work as a toy.
>>
File: 1270766243_611c1d44a8.jpg (91KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1270766243_611c1d44a8.jpg
91KB, 333x500px
This is really the closest you can get, awesome figure but terrible accessory. Its way too small.
>>
>>6302139
Yeah that has OPs problem of wide shoulders.
>>
>>6302139
Why would you ever want that shitty rabbit footed McFarlane crap?
>>
>>6302347
Because it's a nice figure. Now go back to jerking off over your prepubescent Nendoroid dolls.
>>
>>6302139
this thing was awesome, only one thing I hated was the cylinder piston thing on the face was to big.
at the time a t-800 for that size and that detail was mind blowing. todd mcfarlane movie maniac series was the best
>>
File: review_htendoskeleton_6.jpg (86KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
review_htendoskeleton_6.jpg
86KB, 500x753px
>>6301530
The Hot Toys 1/4 looks quite accurate to me. I compared it to screens from the original movie and the proportions and cables are present and accurate in the right places, at least as far as I can tell. Your mileage may vary, maybe I'm just not picky enough, but it looks good to me (and I think most endoskeleton figures look like trash honestly).
>>
>>6305510
Now that looks real nice. Too bad you'll end up penniless if you want it like all Hot Toys.
>>
>Too bad I'm unemployed

You don't have to group us all with you.
>>
>>6302746

The McFarlane figure is crap. It's the most lightweight flimsy plastic they've ever used, the paint was shit, and the gun was ridiculously undersized. And then you've got the wrong sized rabbit feet AND the chest being too small.

You're an idiot if you thought it was a good figure, ever.
>>
>>6305510
It's actually riddled with inaccuracies and issues. It's a running joke on SideshowCollectors that it has horse teeth, and the skull shape is all wrong. It's also INSANELY fragile in places.

That said, it's still the best classic T800 endo figure in existence, sadly.
>>
File: neca_t2_pesc-6.jpg (100KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
neca_t2_pesc-6.jpg
100KB, 600x800px
lol
>>
>>6306986
>those ape arms and midget legs
goddammit I was willing to gloss over anything else
>>
>>6306986
The biggest thing that makes me like the McFarlane more than the NECA is the paint.

Every single NECA T800 I've seen in-hand has a godawful silver drybush that looks like it was applied by a blind chimp with a paintbrush stuck up its arse. The videogame ones fare a little better, though.
>>
File: Dottor_Zoidberg.png (95KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dottor_Zoidberg.png
95KB, 852x480px
>>6306986
this could have been that design that I buy so many toys out of, like Kamen Rider Black and the Xenomorph... but this NECA one has a really goofy head sculpt.
>>
>>6307428

That's because that's the old cult classic figure. All the current endos have a new and accurate head sculpt. That guy is just a troll.
>>
>>6307450
what's the good one called? As in, which ver and which line of NECA? I'm not in the US so I'd have to look for it online.
>>
File: Endo2pk1-1300x.jpg (228KB, 1300x861px) Image search: [Google]
Endo2pk1-1300x.jpg
228KB, 1300x861px
>>6307492
I'm pretty sure the Robocop vs. Terminator ones are using the new headsculpt, since I *think* those are the most recent endos that NECA released.

It IS a much nicer headsculpt than the old slack-jawed "dull surprise" one. But it's not perfect either. Like OP, my mind is kind of blown that after all these years, we still don't have a truly great toy of such an iconic design. The endoskeleton was honestly my favorite thing ever as a kid, so I would love to own a toy of it...I just haven't seen one yet that satisfies me.

And yeah, I think the Hot Toys 1/4 would probably scratch that itch, cause I'm not anal enough to complain about that one, but I don't have the money or room for that thing.
>>
>>6307492
Any of the current endos you can buy now. Check tru.com, they have had them for sale recently. They started using that new head since the first Terminator 1 figures years ago. They've repacked it a few times now in window boxes. I've got a small army of them.
>>
Man, I'd love to see more companies take a stab at making 5/6/7 inch figures of the endoskeleton. I wonder if the robot damashii/shf line would do this well
>>
>>6306493
Do you own one? I do. It is a nice figure, especially for the price it was sold at. Wasn't it one of the only reasonably accurate endoskeletons available at the time? The plastic's not flimsy and the paint's fine. I'll concede the feet are a bit large and the chest is kinda small.

The only idiot here is you, calling something crap because of a couple flaws.
>>
>>6307916
Yes I own one, and yes the plastic is super flismy. That shit broke faster than most Mcf figures.

A couple of flaws? Get bent dude, the figure was shit then and it's extra shit now.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.