[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NECA Thread everybody The official Covenant Action Figure has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 87

NECA Thread everybody
The official Covenant Action Figure has been revealed. What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>6300139
looks nice but since its eca theres a 50/50 cance of breaking at first touch
>>
>>6300146
It doesn't look that flimsy to me, it's basically the Dog Alien in terms of structure, and that one was pretty good.
>>
I totally forgot Neca was doing Valerian figures, but this guy looks pretty cool.
>>
>>6300139
I think it's a nice looking figure but design-wise, honestly these Prometheus designs have been a downgrade over the older movies. This is a step down from how the first/bigchap Alien looks, it's got a boring human-muscle look to it over bigchap's stylized human-muscle shapes that still function as an exoskeleton but also clearly as something twisted and man-like.

I get it, that's where the story is at timeline-wise and this is still much better than the anorexic pervert albino dolphin xenomorph they had at the end of Prometheus.

so yeah, nice figure and I'm excited for the movie but a bit disappointed at how the xenomorph is looking.
>>
>>6300139
Kinda weirs but I dig it. After playing the AVP Xenos, I've really soured on the prior releases, so a new mold is exciting. Hope the engineering is on point.

>>6300182
Bringing up a common problem isn't trolling. Go away.
>>
>>6300139
He needs a straw hat, rake, and wheat seeds.
>>
>>6300210
Yeah, I was kinda bummed from the lack of biomech too, but a veiny and organic Xeno is kind of unique so it's a nice addition too
>>
>>6300610
AKA sexy veiny rape monster
>>
File: 1493324953214.webm (1B, 486x500px)
1493324953214.webm
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: 1493324386856.webm (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1493324386856.webm
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>6300765
Woops, out of order. This one first.
>>
My Elder finally arrived, really love how it looks! the cape is a bit wrinkled from the blister but nothing i can't fix.
>>
>>6300765

> backburster

lol
>>
File: P_20170427_180101.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170427_180101.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>6300772
The Clan so far.
>>6300139
At first i thought it looked weird, but it's growing on me, probably because it looks way more creepy on all fours.
>>
>>6300765
>>6300768
Not going to watch those, but has the movie already aired in other countries?
>>
>>6300772
I feel like this wave has been pretty sloppy in terms of the paint apps on the netting.

I've seen a pretty few bad examples on Elder and Young Blood in particular.
>>
File: 1493325357882.jpg (751KB, 1160x653px) Image search: [Google]
1493325357882.jpg
751KB, 1160x653px
Meeeh.
>>
>>6300785
I have to agree on that, while i like the figure (i have a soft spot for cloth capes) the netting on Elder's abs is sloppy indeed.
>>
>>6300788
Where did trailer xeno come from?
>>
>>6300776
I'm assuming that's preview footage from one of the Alien Day screenings yesterday
>>
>>6300776
No. Probably screeners or close to final edits
>>
>>6300205
Looks very cool. I might have to pick up.
>>
>>6300139
The eye sockets don't seem to be centered
>>
>>6300883

One of those isn't an eye socket.
>>
File: C-boSrtXoAELboS.jpg large.jpg (319KB, 2048x1638px) Image search: [Google]
C-boSrtXoAELboS.jpg large.jpg
319KB, 2048x1638px
>>
>>6300791
Probably the movie.
>>
>>6300139
At first glance it looks like it'll suffer from 'Deacon feet', but it actually looks like there's toe-articulation (to me anyways).
>>
https://youtu.be/udC7SYovTLE

This Shin Godzilla review makes the figure seem decent for the price. Looks like some joints are floppy as hell though.
>>
>>6301339

That's looking great, honestly. Not too worried about the joints, I suspect that's not every figure's case. We'll see when I get mine, anyway.
>>
File: 121334.png (104KB, 1341x546px) Image search: [Google]
121334.png
104KB, 1341x546px
It's safe to assume this seller isn't legit, right?
>>
>>6300788
such a shit design...
>>6300610
yeah, it's not great but I'll take this over the one above.
>>
>>6300772
How do you fix a wrinkled cape, exactly?
>>
>>6301991
Steam.
>>
>>6300773
As long as it isn't a... Nut burster.
>>
>>6302127
I feel like the Trilobite kind of bursted out a nut
>>
File: C-hDZtAV0AAsAaC.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
C-hDZtAV0AAsAaC.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Well shit, I want this.
>>
>>6301965
Yeah dude, also look out for sellers that ship from UK too. I dunno why, but it's a real bootlegfest from there too
>>
>>6300768
Got a link for that footage, fella?
>>
>>6302472
KEK
>>
File: 20170428_150612.jpg (1MB, 1816x1651px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_150612.jpg
1MB, 1816x1651px
Game over man
>>
>>6300765
>fetus kick.webm
>>
>>6300765
aww, do not bully babby.
>>
File: Hudsonno.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Hudsonno.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6302476

Glad I got the old one.

No hicks though.
>>
>>6300205
What is Valerian?
>>
>>6303172
I only have Hicks but I just pulled it out for some Alien day fun before seeing the 2pack today. I really hate how the new ones look. The unpainted plastic sucks.
>>
>>6303264
Movie by Luc Besson, director of the Fifth Element. Based on an old French sci-fi comic.
>>
>>6302323
what scale is this? is it part of their super-huge line?
>>
>>6300205
If articulation is decent I will buy it on design alone.
>>
>>6300139
Pros:
>The veiny look to the arms is kinda cool
>I like the spine-like segments in the tail
>Muscle fibers wrapping over the traps is a nice detail. Unlike the other anon, I think the muscle fiber-y look is a nice change since it's something we haven't really seen on a Xeno before and I welcome change since I have Xeno fatigue at this point
>Long thin back pipes are neat
>I like the lanky proportions

Cons:
>It's pretty safe and boring
>The long legs are going to suck in anything but crouching poses
>ANOTHER design balancing on its fucking toes. It might look neat, but this thing is gonna need constant stand support to stay upright, especially if it has weak toe joints like most toys
>Arms seem sorta short for how long its legs are

I'm probably gonna buy it, but fuck man, I really hate these digitigrade toys with the small-ass footprints.
>>
File: CuBw5MKW8AEMx4f.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
CuBw5MKW8AEMx4f.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6300205
This robot-y dude is neat and I think I'll probably end up buying him as a tall menace for my 6" figures to fight, but I just looked up the source comic and I'm pretty bummed out at how the movie designs look in comparison. The comic has such a great look to it, really iconic old-school sci-fi with a ton of charm. I think it honestly could have looked great with the right designer at the helm, with all the aliens done traditionally with makeup and costumes only, and of course, those amazing white jumpsuits.

The movie designs look so god damn bland. Horrible casualties of "me too" concept artists who all design alike. And I know this all too well, I went to school with and trained alongside their kind for four years. Most of them can draw and paint well, but their design sense is incredibly narrow-minded and deathly boring after you see the same aesthetic on the wall 500 times.
>>
>>6303525
Eh...I disagree. When it comes to this particular character the comic design isn't as interesting. The main characters on the other hand do indeed look sorta boring without any cool design elements, helmets or features to make them pop.
>>
>>6300146
maybe if it was from 3 years ago.
Unless you are a serious case of hamhands.
>>
>>6303525
Yup. No Western based company would try to translate clean, iconic shapes into real suits with the excuse that they're not practical... I guess they all are forgetting why sfx is called special effects. Unfortunately, I think Japanese films are kind of starting to take more influence from these big US hits.

At least if things are going to get busy, I wish they went back to sfx movies from the 80's, both Japan and the West were really rocking it back then for me in terms of designs. It seems like most of the advancements today are in rendering.
>>
>>6300139
wonder why the fingers are bent that way, hope they won't be too fragile on the actual toy.
>>
File: yattaman_10.jpg (315KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
yattaman_10.jpg
315KB, 1000x665px
>>6303559
>Unfortunately, I think Japanese films are kind of starting to take more influence from these big US hits
This is a big bummer to me too because one of the main things I love about Japanese films based on comics is that they lean into the inherent goofiness of their source material and embrace it. I mean, granted this is a particularly goofy example, but the Yattaman movie here was spectacularly visually accurate to the manga, with only a few visual changes here and there. You just know if this had been remade in the US it would have featured jet black leather jumpsuits with metal gauntlets or some "cool" serious shit. Many Japanese filmmakers (and by extension, their audience) are willing to understand that not everything has to be translated into gritty realism for people to accept it.
>>
>>6303559
The sad thing is it works. You get characters and slap them in some overdesigned black tacticool gear and audiences lose their fucking minds with joy. If you do something iconic, original or NOT black tacticool suits they think it's corny, stupid or gay.

It's pathetic really but realism has been punched into our nation's head. Anything outside of realism is looked down on or seen as for children only.
>>
>>6303271

It's not unpainted, and it doesn't suck. It looks SO much better than the originals. It actually looks like a human should in this line.
>>
>>6303561

Because that's how they're supposed to be bent, God damn you're just trying to find reasons to complain.
>>
>>6303610
I prefer the new flesh look too.
>>
>>6303525
I get the complaints about the suits, but it's not like every design in the movie is gritty and realistic. There's lots of goofy looking aliens in the trailer.
>>
>>6300139
Damn. If the entire planet has been invaded by the black goo and mutated everything, there should be all kinds of wierd xeno shit running around (bear aliens, rabbit aliens,etc). So why a human-born alien again?

I'm not asking for those old alien toys with the flying alien queen and the mantis alien, but come on.
>>
>>6303618
These guys are Farscape as fuck.
>>
File: xenosharks.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
xenosharks.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6303619
Read the Fire and Stone comics. That's exactly what happens.
>>
>>6303441
Yeah, 1/4 scale.
>>
>>6303621
Looks interesting. Thanks.
>>
>>6303619
because that's a lame idea and should stay in the realm of comic books
>>
>>6303610
Human skin doesn't look like that, and it is unpainted.
>>
>>6303619
Ridley wants a less comic-style horror, I suppose. Also I don't really see any animal life on the planet to begin with, so I expect the crew to be buttfucked to spawn various humanoid kinds of Xenos
>>
>>6303804

It does look like that. I'm sorry you have no idea how a human looks apparently.
>>
>>6303804
It's not unpainted. There's a wash on the figures to simulate dirt, and they're sweaty looking because that's how they looked in the movie. We've gone over this before, so now you're either being obtuse or trolling.
>>
>>6300139
Looks like Big Chap.

Everything about Alien: Covenant, this design, the trailers, looks basically like Ridley Scott saw the success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens copying A New Hope, so Ridley was like "THATS WHAT PEOPLE WANT... NOSTALGIA... just copy that late 1970s movie that these people saw as kids, but dont call it a remake = over 1 billion in box office gross"
>>
>>6303525
>The movie designs look so god damn bland. Horrible casualties of "me too" concept artists who all design alike.

Concept artists don't have control over the final designs in a movie, I don't know why you are blaming them for cliche.

Producers, directors, they make the judgement calls. You may have a concept artist that is fantastic, bringing a huge variety of original concepts to a movie, but the studio or producers make pick something that is familiar from another movie if that other movie has had a lot of success.

Hollywood follows the money, originality is often a lower priority.
>>
>>6303881

It looks exactly like what it is supposed to be; A middle ground between Alien and Prometheus.

TFA is practically a straight 1:1 rip of ANH.

Covenant looks way more like it is its own thing, bridging Alien and Prometheus with elements of both rather than one or the other.

Whether it actually has its own voice in the end is really the question. Other than the Xeno being pretty similar to Big Chap, sure, it doesn't strike me as some kind of direct copy of Alien.
>>
>>6303914
>Covenant looks way more like it is its own thing

Nooooooooo, let's not get crazy here. It looks like Prometheus with a few things moved around. It's still David being a dick and goo bombing the planet and everything being his fault while he watches.
>>
something bugs me a lot about the pr jaegers, why does it look like the wash and drybrushing was done by picasso, but then all the finer "detail" looks like it was done by a crippled child? really bugs me
>>
>>6303899
Yeah, you're right, it's ultimately up to the director. I guess I just have a lot of feels about this kind of bland modern sci-fi design because literally everyone studying to be concept artists does it. It's like a house style and I am so fucking tired of it.
>>
>>6302476
>>6303172

New one wouldn't be so bad if they didn't forget his damn eyebrows.
>>
File: dc-cheesyheroes.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
dc-cheesyheroes.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6303580
Your image is a retarded example of how Japan stays true to the source, because that's a comedy comic/movie.
In fact, a lot of what stays true to the source are also cheesy IPs, even if they're not comedic.
Even "serious" manga get cheesed out in live action, like Death Note, where Japan embraces how cheesy that stuff can be by doing 1:1 designs for live action.

The problem with Hollywood is that they try to make cheesy shit into a serious action movie. See Power Rangers and how gritty they tried to make it, despite how incredibly EZ squeeze processed cheese the Power Ranger series is.

"True" fans of these IPs may want the designs to be faithful, but they're not low budget schlock that caters to otaku like you see in Japan. Hollywood wants to reach for more than the niche, hence getting rid of the cheese to attract a bigger audience.

tl;dr: designs are "serioused" up if it doesn't look good on screen. Cheesy designs stay cheesy if they're going toward the comedic route.
>>
I got my two pack today (along with some other NECA shit) and the paint is just fine. What is everyone bitching about?
>>
>>6305098
I'd argue that's part of why the serious designs are so lame, it's because in a lot of ways they miss the point of the source material entirely.

Superhero comics are cheesy for the most part, and the movies rarely get that. I understand a 1:1 accurate spandex look just isn't going to look very good in live action and will go beyond just being appealingly cheesy to looking straight up bad, but there should be a middle ground between 100% comic accurate and what we get most of the time.
>>
File: xmen7572627.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
xmen7572627.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6305244
I agree. I think this is something the MCU actually does pretty well--they modernize the lines of their costumes and add different textures and stuff, but for the most part they stay pretty iconic and recognizable. They even have some fun with this sometimes, like Cap's cheesy original costume when he was promoting war bonds.

One of the worst examples I can think of in recent memory is the first X-Men movie. If you showed a photo of the cast to a casual passerby with zero context, they might be hard-pressed to identify this gang of people wearing identical black leather suits. But if you showed that same person MCU Cap, you could be damn sure they'd probably know it was Captain America.
>>
>>6303860
> implying I read every post of every thread

All i did was post a pic of a shitty rerelease that's inferior to the original. I don't give a shit what you think. It sucks. If that makes you sad you can cry about it elsewhere.

A vast majority of the head is unpainted plastic and a clear downgrade. Facts.
>>
File: winter soldier.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
winter soldier.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6305244
>Superhero comics are cheesy for the most part, and the movies rarely get that.
Yeah, no.
A lot of people like SERIOUS FOR REALS comics, despite the corny costumes. Comic fans can overlook the rainbow costumes, because of the way it's depicted with colors and shading. You really can't do that in live action without going very stylized like the Sin City movies, and stylization can and usually attracts niche, not mass market money. So they have to do something with the comic designs so that it can look not-clownish when shown on screen. Whether you like those designs or not is simply just opinion, and a lot of hardcore fans usually dislike that.

>>6305282
You're on point. XMen got overly-serioused because they were and still are afraid of them looking too much like the comics. There's a middle ground which only WB (original superman, some of the batmans) and Marvel Studios got.
>>
>>6305528
You seem to misunderstand me. I actually quite like most of the MCU designs. Marvel pretty perfectly manages to make modern realistic approaches of the classic costumes that both look good enough to take them seriously but also reminiscent enough to the source material to work. Like I 100% accept that a Captain America movie where he wore the beginning spandex outfit throughout would not work in this day and age. So I'm glad they got to include it in the capacity they did and found a way to make him something modern that looks good.

But there's definitely a difference between Marvel's realistic approaches to classic costumes, and the Valerian film's generic modern sci-fi space suits.
>>
File: capme.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
capme.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6305528
>not-clownish
>>
>>6303612
didn't even complain, just asking but okay, congrats on proving people right about NECA "fans"
>>
>>6305098
Some IP holders in Japan are translating the look just fine. Blade of The Immortal live-action is looking close to its source material. Of course, it's a Miike movie too, who also did Yattaman (whose designs were done by Terada) and his upcoming Jojo film also looks accurate to the source. I hope this means Blade of The Immortal get some toys.
>>
>>6301339
god its bad, paint is meh, and sculpt is awful
>>
>>6301339
god damn it, I like NECA's paintjob much better but I like Bandai's sculpt much better.
>>
>>6305732
different opinion =/= troll
>>
File: 7033397_orig.jpg (174KB, 768x606px) Image search: [Google]
7033397_orig.jpg
174KB, 768x606px
>>6305669
The Kenshin movies are also a good example. They stayed quite faithful to all the designs, even the weirder ones like Shishioh, and yet, everyone looks great and the tone of the movie is quite serious.
>>
>>6305743
>tfw live-action Enishi and Tomoe never ever
I just wanted my crazed Chinese martial artist and his nee-san.
>>
>>6305743
>>6305766

wrong thread for this but I thought the guy who played Aoshi should have been Shishio instead. Also... we'll never get more Samurai X toys.
>>
File: NEC12991.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
NEC12991.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Why is this guy so fucking cool?
>>
>>6305669
Nothing really stands out in BotI as being comicy though. Maybe the hair, but it's still not not way out there like comic designs can be.

>>6305743
This does, but i really can't tell if the movie characters are being silly or it's just bad acting. Considering the tone of the manga/anime, i assume they're just silly, hence the more than faithful designs.

>>6305588
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying you dont like it because it's cheesy, just that a lot of us overlook how silly it looks despite the comics not being (that) silly. Stuff like XMen will poke fun at themselves in the comics and the movies did the same, but because of the mostly serious nature of the movies, Hollywood wanted them to look more seroius and less clownish. Like i said, we can overlook the clownfriendly colors and designs because of the style and coloring, which doesn't translate to live action all that well (see all anime hair).

Also, i think that the Valerian designs are even more comic-y than what was in the comics. It's more real to have them white with gold highlights than black and gold (lights?). They're just imitating the hollywood movie comic style, me tooing. They want to make sure it's seen as a sci fi comic movie rather than straight science fiction.
I think that fits better, as i would buy a toy if it looked less realistic and more scifiy.
>>
>>6303525
Euro artists won't work with Luc Besson after he screwed Moebius and Druillet on Fifth Element royalties.

Ben Mauro and that industry cancer Feng Zhu did most of the design work on this film. As an illustrator myself I feel your pain.
>>
>>6307201
>Ben Mauro
>Feng Zhu
Ahhh, that explains it. Both are technically proficient, but their work generally bores me to tears.
>>
>>6307201
Druillet worked on Fifth Element?
>>
Whats the updated articulation changes to the arcade xeno?
>>
>>6308136
Buy it and find out.
>>
>>6308170
Thx
>>
>>6308170
Wow what a useless answer
>>
When's the street date for the Xeno Queen rerelease?
>>
>>6306141

I dont even know what this is or where its from but fuck thats cool looking
>>
>>6306141
Evangelion design
>>
>>6307533
>bores me to tears
Could not agree more.
>>
I don't know what thread this is anymore, but here's some NECA stuff.

We're getting the head stands for $7 a pack. I shall own a ton.
>>
>>6309966
Their track record certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

>resident evil (borderline statueshit)
>dead space (three repaints, one necromorph and the DS2 suit)
>god of war (one character in the entire line)
>tomb raider (again statueshit, and poorly painted)
>hitman (cool figure but yet again shitty articulation)
>borderlands (two figures released before dropping the line)
>crysis (one very good nanosuit figure, no aliens)
>splinter cell (one figure, weird costume choice)

I'm probably missing a bunch here.
>>
>>6309979
Half life(Gordon only)
L4D(two special infected only)
TF2(had to pull teeth to finish the team)
Assassin's Creed(Ezio only)
D3(Fem diablo only)
DMC(Dante only)
Uncharted( Drake only)

Now most of these weren't meant to go beyond one figure, but the fact stands at least half of them could have continued on if not due to poor sales/difficult licensors. I'm not surprised they're really hesitant with new stuff, hell I'm surprised that valerian is getting figures.
>>
>>6309979
You really fail to note a lot of the positives here though. Like you can't just mention "Dead Space had 3 repaints" and leave out the fact that it was a stellar fucking figure with some of the cleverest LED implementation I've ever seen. Same with God of War, yeah, it's one character, but they're REALLY fucking great.
>>
>>6309832
What kinda person just displays disembodied heads. That's a fucking weird thng to dedicate resources to
>>
>>6310806
Yeah it's pretty weird. I mean, toy collectors get a lot of flak as is for being creepy, but I think even I would genuinely be bothered by finding someone's collection of just heads on poles.
>>
>>6310806
>What kinda person just displays disembodied heads.
Predators?
>>
File: 1447130463749.jpg (294KB, 944x2117px) Image search: [Google]
1447130463749.jpg
294KB, 944x2117px
Have any of you guys ever had paint issues with your NECA figures? My Ultimate Jungle Hunter Predator came in the mail today and it reeked of paint. I feel like some of the helmet / gauntlet paint has come off on my fingers and smudged up the figure. I am really taken aback. How does something like this happen?
>>
>>6305743
>His lips
Oh goodness <3
>>
>>6310600
>at least half of them could have continued on if not due to poor sales/difficult licensors.

No, they really couldn't. You seem to think that making random character B in some of these lines magically makes them appealing to everyone.

The licensors are a pain though, and Valve and Capcom have been the biggest pains in the ass, next to Konami apparently.
>>
>>6310807
>>6310806

How is it weird? If you have even two or three Terminators, you've got like, six extra heads you can display next to the figures showing off the different looks. It's just another portrait to have there instead of it sitting in a Ziplock somewhere.
>>
>>6310830
Doesn't usually happens, got any pics?
>>
>>6310872

I'll take pictures after I wake up and then come home from work. I'm heading to bed now. It's not to noticeable unless you look really close, but the smell is rather off putting.
>>
>>6310876
It's called new toy smell.
>>
>>6310876
Don't know about how it looks, but most of my Pred figures had a somewhat strong ink/rubber smell out of the box, it fades away after a while.
>>
>>6310847
How is it not weird to clutter up your display with disembodied heads?

>>6310816
Good point
>>
>>6310830
Both of my asian terminator cops had black rub off on my fingers, and Alien Kane had sticky paint but that's been it.
>>
File: twins.jpg (116KB, 394x341px) Image search: [Google]
twins.jpg
116KB, 394x341px
>Meanwhile in /toy/
>>
>>6311430
Who is sexier, /toy/?
>>
>>6311444
xeno, of course.
>>
>>6311264
>How is it not weird to clutter up your display with disembodied heads?

Have you seen the type of things people collect here?
>>
>>6310847
I second this, it's sad that I have no means to display both of Scarface's heads.
>>
File: NECA-Alien-Day-Vasquez-027.jpg (482KB, 2048x2036px) Image search: [Google]
NECA-Alien-Day-Vasquez-027.jpg
482KB, 2048x2036px
Is it me or does Kenner Vasquezs face look different from S8? Kenner looks more like her, from later in the movie. Think they are gonna make a 'Last Stand' version of characters like they did with Dutch?
>>
I bought the Ultimate Jungle Hunter after not buying anything from NECA for several years. I'm curious to see how it compares to the older Predator figures. I imagine it's about the same but I hear the articulation is more robust.
>>
>>6313259

The ultimate bodies have;

Double-jointed elbows, bicep swivels, an ab crunch, and a forearm swivel over the older ones.

Also, the wrist computer opens.
>>
File: C_AGX3hWAAA0rvl.jpg large.jpg (456KB, 2048x1466px) Image search: [Google]
C_AGX3hWAAA0rvl.jpg large.jpg
456KB, 2048x1466px
>>6313204

I mean, it's sculpted without the headset, otherwise it's just the slight difference in paint. But yes, I fully expect us to see another go at this mold.

Pic stolen from Twitter, but damn those pillars look awesome. I want two at least, I didn't even think about having the xenos creepin' from the top.
>>
>>6311430
>who did it best
>>
File: mfw.png (1B, 486x500px)
mfw.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6313279
>Notice cloacked Pred on the corner
>Mfw
>>
>>6313267
That sounds like more articulation than I anticipated. Looking forward to it, so long as the sculpt remains on par (which it does, from what I saw).
>>
>>6313279
I don't know if we've ever gotten any worthwhile fiction out of it but I really like the Alien vs. Predator pairing. The arcade game is great, at least.
>>
>>6313442
The first two PC games are great as well, while the newer one is decent. Also, a lot of the darkhorse comics are fun. It's a shame the movies are shit.
>>
>>6313442
The first series of Dark Horse AvP comics is great. And we're getting a figure of the main Predator soon.
>>
File: rip HotS line.png (1B, 486x500px)
rip HotS line.png
1B, 486x500px
>No Diablo
FUCK!
>>
>>6313509
Fuck fuck fuck this shit, why'd they have to start with stupid fucking Nova and fat monster and dumb elf guy. Those should've been like wave 3, and fucking Diablo who is the title fucking character of a game series in wave 1
>>
>>6313279
I love the Xeno's posing, fucking top tier mate
>>
>>6313509
Can they possibly find some workaround like getting the diablo license to release that Diablo?
>>
>>6313279
Where are those pillars from? They looks awesome.
>>
>>6313509
Sad that that line isnt going to continue.
but at least we are getting the 3 figures instead of just being 1 wave
>>
>>6313525
elf guy is supposed really important in wow and a favorite
stupid nova is sex appeal pandering
giant fat guy is fun
>>
>>6313279
Wow, those clear green Xenos actually look way cool.
>>
>>6313485

Those colors look like shit
>>
>>6313485
Dachande is a motherfucking badass and even though I'm thoroughly tired of buying NECA Preds, I need him. The AvP TPB was like my bible as a kid, I read it so damn many times. I wish they'd gone with a slightly darker green and brown though.
>>
>>6313686
I'll give you elf guy, I'm not too familiar with WoW
But Nova is worthless, if they wanted sex appeal they should've started with Kerrigan
And their first big guy should've been Diablo
Clearly they fucked up if it's been cancelled already and Blizzard is deep discouting the losers nobody bought
>>
>>6313852
Blame Dark Horse.
>>
>>6313598

They're for sale right now, about $40-$50 a piece (they are a resin or polystone or something, not 100% sure), TRU.com has them in stock, and Bigbad should have them soon, etc.

I've seen some online book or knick-knack shops have them too for cheapish.
>>
>>6313686
>giant fat guy is fun

God damn right he is. I love Stitches.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6313945

I have that comic, His armor is rarely ever green, it's shades of grey in most panels.

His mask also shifts from tan to grey from page to page. Don't know why they would go with fucking Banana color.
>>
File: 2.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>6313966
>>
File: 3.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>6313967
>>
File: broken.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
broken.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6313966
>>6313967
>>6313970

Broken Tusk appeared in a lot of AvP comics, though. So did Machiko, and neither of them really 100% the same look from one series to the next.

The color for the helmet looks fine according to many of the comics. And there are plenty of comics, his armor is grey-ish with some heavy green shadowing/tinting.
>>
File: broken2.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
broken2.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6313966
>>6313967
>>6313970

Then you have some instances--especially on covers--where he has straight-up green armor.

At worst they may have just set it up so they can do an easy repaint to the older colors or something.
>>
>>6313966

Well you've already been proven wrong, so I'll just let you sit on that.
>>
>>6313509
As long as I get my Slyvanas
>>
>>6313966
Well, if it was just another generic grey-armored Predator, I would have zero interest in buying it. I'm glad it's colorful.
>>
>>6313485

>>Four groin area ballsack protectors

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>6314372
If you were fighting xenomorphs, wouldn't you want to make damn sure you armor up your ballsack?
>>
>>6314363
My feelings exactly.
>>
>>6314372
Those are scrotal abdominals, learn some basic Yautja anatomy.
>>
>>6313871
also you kind of have to consider, maybe making a Kerrigan would be to expensive, so at least 1 figure in the line have to be slim and small to compensate for the other bulky guys?

dont know if thats a figure manufacture phylosophy
>>
File: tyrone laughing.gif (1B, 486x500px)
tyrone laughing.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>6313485
>Master Chef predator

They really have run out of ideas :^)
>>
>>6313485
Im really inmature for thinking that piece of armor are the predators balls.
>>
>>6314595
It's a classic character. One that introduced many of us to the concept of alien vs predator. There's no reason to not do him.
>>
>>6314595
This guy predates Master Chief by 10-15 years.
>>
>>6314237

How can I be proven wrong when the source materiel varies?

>>6314363
Shitty crayola green still looks awful. But you are probably exactly the cow NECA is trying to milk with the 100s of repaints they put out.
>>
>>6314681
And with that, you've shown your hand. You just want to shitpost. Cool, cool, you have fun with that. You can now be ignored by everyone.
>>
So were there only like 5 Deacon figures made or something? It seems whenever I go looking for him online, there's just a shitload of Engineers.
>>
>>6314734
Deacon is the only prometheus character that actually sold, so he's hard to find these days.
>>
>>6314739
I figured that, but it's like there's only 1 on ebay right now
>>
>>6314746
Jesus, those sold prices. Didn't know the little shit was so high. guess I should take better care of mine.
>>
File: C_EUSeWXoAEyS8G.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
C_EUSeWXoAEyS8G.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Vickers final product... I don't know.
>>
>>6314824
Looks decent enough, although who would want a figure of Squashed McRunStraight is beyond me.
>>
>>6314267
Yup
>>
>>6314882
The only Prometheus figure I would want is the version of the mutated guy in the deleted scene.
>>
>>6314893
Yeah, I'd totally buy CG Fifield.
>>
>>6314824

It looks like her, she just looks tired. Which isn't too far off from her performance in the movie...wakka wakka!

No but, yeah, it looks fine. I'm on the fence about getting that wave just to have them as victims in my display.

>>6314893

Yeah, that would've been really cool. Moreso than chunky face zombie.
>>
>>6314824
Is this released now? I really want Shaw
>>
I picked up the 1/4 scale Donatello and Raphael (which are AMAZING btw)
Almost picked up the 1/4 scale Catwoman today, what does /toy think of it?
>>
>>6314910
Yeah, the last 3 figures are coming out very soon. I think they're only sold as a set, though, at least at most places.

>>6314912
Catwoman's stunning. If I wasn't holding out hope that we'll get a small figure later (God I hope), I'd pick it up.
>>
>>6306141
But will it be able to hold the gun
>>
>>6315044

Well, yeah.
>>
>>6314714

> calling it ugly is trolling

Whatever you say lad
>>
>>6315326
Insulting people because they might be interested in something you aren't is trolling. Or just you being autistic, you can decide which you rather it be.
>>
>>6300768
Why is the CG so shitty? Does this move have a small budget or something?
>>
>>6315473
is a blury webm, what you expect?

Watch the movie and then you can argue if the CGI is shitty or not.

>But the cgi is shit in the trailer

Yeah, because is a trailer isn't finished.
>>
File: DSC_4122as.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_4122as.jpg
1B, 486x500px
I got the Jungle Hunter and Shin Godzilla today. I was pretty hyped for both and just a little let down.

Both figures are decent and I'm glad to have them in my collection, but I feel like the quality of NECA's figures as a whole has seemed to diminish over the last couple of years.

The Predator was a floppy mess out of the package, just like the last two Predator releases I bought this year. The shoulder gun joints were also frozen due to thick paint and even after dipping it in warm water, it still broke broke (and I eventually fixed it) because of the gummy plastic used. The paint all around is great though, with the exception of the very poorly implemented tampos on the helmet used to replicate the bullet ricochet marks. They look very bad and nothing like the promo shots. For this to be the ultimate version, it lacks a lot of accessories. More hand options would've been nice. He looks fine though and it's nice to finally own a decent version of one of my favorite movie monsters.
>>
File: DSC_4121as.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_4121as.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6315533
>>
>>6315533
post more pics? Also... I guess the Predator is a no go for me... I'll hold out still for a better ver since he's an iconic one and bound to get another attempt down the line.

How's Shin G?
>>
File: DSC_4123a.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_4123a.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Shin Godzilla is my more anticipated figure and he's pretty good for the most part. The sculpting is fine all around, with the exception of the head. The head looks strange from certain angles and totally fine from other angles. The paintwork is okay, but the glossiness found all throughout the body is missing on the head for some reason. Also the tail tip has this terrible splotchy orange applied, which doesn't bother me, but it doesn't achieve the look from the promo pics at all. My main issue with the fig are some floppy joints, which really confuse me. Every other Godzilla fig I've bought from NECA has some solid joints all around. The Shin has some pretty strong joints here and there (like entire upper torso), but the ones that suffer are also the most vital to the figure. The ankles and tail joints are so loose (even after applying acrylic floor polish) he has a really hard time standing up. I might try for another coat to see if that helps. Overall, I'm glad to have a decently priced Shin in my collection and he looks great next to my other NECA Zillas.

Unrelated to my disappointment, but unless NECA comes out with something I REALLY want (some more Gozillas/villains or smaller scale movie TMNT figures would be killer), I've pretty much feel like I've come to a stopping point with their figures for the time being. I have everything from their main lines that I want fo round out my collection and then some. I'm really curious to see what they'll have at SDCC though.
>>
>>6315539
>post more pics?
Maybe tomorrow, it's late now. I also want to mention that his skirt piece uses this weird opaque plastic thats unpainted and looks really cheap. You can kind of see it in the pics, good thing it's only visible from the back.

>How's Shin G?
See >>6315541
>>
File: DSC_4138a.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_4138a.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6315541

Looks strange from this angle.
>>
File: DSC_4140a.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC_4140a.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6315544

Last pic, I like how this one turned out.
>>
>>6314824
Is it just me or does this look nothing like her.
>>
File: aaf.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
aaf.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6314214
>So did Machiko, and neither of them really 100% the same look from one series to the next.
What really pisses me off is that to my knowledge at least, the original AvP run is one of the only times where Machiko Noguchi ever really looks Asian. To this day, the vast majority of art and even toys and statues of her make her look either racially ambiguous or straight-up like a white woman with very European features. She's full Japanese, can't an artist or sculptor look at a reference photo or two of Asian features once in a while? Damn.

I'm also bothered by the almost cartoonish tones of Dachande's armor. Of all the possible color schemes they could have chosen, this one is one of the most extreme and outlandish. I'm fine with the color scheme actually, just wish it was a little darker and more desaturated.
>>
>>6315693

In the comics, I thought she always at least looked vaguely Asian.

In some (like AvP: War) maybe less so, or at least she had less slight facial features (a stronger jaw and whatnot) but but she still always had the black hair, and dark eyes, and somewhat more Asian-shaped eyes.

But yeah..on a lot of the statues and whatnot she doesn't look Asian at all. That Hot Toys she just looks like some trashy wigger bitch.
>>
>>6315544

That looks fucking good, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>6315539
>I guess the Predator is a no go for me

Don't not get it because one person on a 4chan board says something. That's pretty silly.
>>
>>6315752

And when I say this, I'm not giving you shit, I'm seriously, I think that looks extremely good.
>>
>>6314675
But anon, they said
>Master Chef predator
Gordon Ramsay Predator when?
>>
File: whateveryousay.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
whateveryousay.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6315544
I think it looks good.
>>
Fuck yes finally
>>
>>6315541
>>6315544
>>6315547
I think he looks alright, I really like how the red on the spines came out. How're the feet? It bugs me when a toy has digitigrade legs but lacks that last hinge at the foot to really sell it.
>>
>>6315541
>Also the tail tip has this terrible splotchy orange applied

Saw this today and didn't dig it at all

This might be the best NECA Godzilla yet though. I couldn't care less about 2014 G but I think that's been the best one so far until now. Gonna have to think it over.
>>
>>6300205

Open hands and closed fists, so fucking hard
>>
File: 1494054888004.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1494054888004.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6316378

The foot is missing a joint at the lower ankle, it's all just one molded piece, which I circled in the pic.

>>6316400
I still think their 54 Godzilla is the most accurately sculpted and all around solid Godzilla figure to date. No loose joints, paint slop or weird sculpting choices.
>>
File: feet.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
feet.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6316508

The feet highlighted in the pic are one piece connected with a balljoint. The only issue is that these joints are unusually loose. The torso joint that connects the upper and lower body also suffers from the same looseness. It's odd because every other joint is pretty tight.

I also noticed that the fins were warped from the way it was packaged, so be wary of that too. I'm going to try to bend them back straight with a hair dryer.
>>
>>6315533
>The Predator was a floppy mess out of the package
That's disappointing to hear. I just bought one. Hopefully you're just unlucky.
>>
>>6316508
I thought 54 looked really cool online and was excited to get it but once I saw it in person and that it was painted blue for some reason I had to pass. It's a shame. I guess I could've repainted it like I did GMK, but I wasn't up for that at the time.
>>
>>6315473
How spoiled are you that you somehow see that as shitty? I won't sing any praises for it, but come on, that isn't bad at all.
>>
>>6316288
I hope you enjoy it! Looks like you got a good head sculpt too!
>>
>>6316617
>I thought 54 looked really cool online and was excited to get it but once I saw it in person and that it was painted blue for some reason

There's something very wrong with your eyes if you thought there was any blue at all on that figure.
>>
>>6317217
Sounds like there's something wrong with your eyes

> However, it’s not completely devoid of color as the gray washes have a nice blue tint to them
>>
File: IMG_3133.png (980KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3133.png
980KB, 1024x768px
>>6317217
>>
Last Christmas I got the Dark Horse Predator as a gift, because I had been side eyeing NECA stuff for the better part of a year and loved all their crazy and weird variants. Once I got that I dove in head first but I decided that I didn't want to do any "standard" variations; so I don't own a Big Chap or a Warrior, I don't own a Jungle Hunter or a City Hunter, I own Kenner Ripley and Kenner Vasquez (wish I had known she was coming before I bought regular Vasquez), stuff like that.

So why the fuck do I want Ultimate City Hunter so bad? He just looks so dope, his paint job is awesome. I already have the mould in other colours but I just love his paint job so much. I wish I could just give him an alternate head or something to make him a different guy.
>>
>>6313204
Vasquez is a whole new tooling that they can't really reuse for other characters, so they have to make back the tooling money somewhere. Besides, all the other important humans from Aliens have gotten a 2nd version (Hicks, Hudson, Ripley had a couple, Bishop had 2 even though they were two different moulds) so it's not unreasonable to expect a second for Vasquez.
>>
>>6317304

Yeah, you're still an idiot. It doesn't look like that at all.
>>
>>6317300

Except it doesn't. Try owning the figure first, retard.
>>
File: 1442006293385.jpg (74KB, 750x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1442006293385.jpg
74KB, 750x1186px
>>6317300
>>6317304
Not the anon youre replying to, but those are some shitty photos. Either way, you're overreacting. I, too, can't imagine why someone would think this figure is blue, and then turn it away. That really is baffling.

Great figure, everyone should own it.
>>
File: GollyZola.jpg (234KB, 1100x2052px) Image search: [Google]
GollyZola.jpg
234KB, 1100x2052px
>>6317794
Another photo, an older one by some months as you can see.
>>
>>6317775
>16:39:50
>>6317777
>16:40:52

Obvious blind samefag
>>
>>6317805

>implying I was pretending to be two different people

Idiot.
>>
File: IMG_3151.jpg (425KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3151.jpg
425KB, 1024x1024px
>>6317794
They're clearer and better quality photos than the one you posted. Here's another.

Even if your figure doesn't have the blue, NECA's poor QC would explain that. You know why I thought it was blue? Because I picked it up and it was blue.
>>
>>6317808
There you go posting another crappy photo. You're not proving your point at all.

Even the ones at TRU, none of them were blue. You're posting photos with terrible lighting or overexposed lighting. I'm still going to call you out for overreacting or flat out making things up.
>>
File: Faggot.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Faggot.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6317808
>They're clearer and better quality photos than the one you posted
>posts blurry photo with poor outside lighting

It's like you're not even trying to hide the fact that you're shitposting.
>>
>>6317853
>>6317847
>>6317808
>>6317797
>>6317794
>>6317300
>>6317217
Uh, have you guys considered that Bluezilla anon/you could just be daltonic and not know it?
Lots of people only find out later in life.
>>
>>6317890
True. What a terrible life that must be, though. Colors are so important...
>>
>>6317681
Well his head is removable. You could buy a single Pred head off ebay.
>>
Unless Neca has some pretty badass Preds hidden up on the road i'd say that with Elder my Clan is almost complete, only a few more missing.
>>
>>6317847
>You're posting photos with terrible lighting or overexposed lighting

Neither would magically make it blue.
>>
> three pictures and a review mentioning the blue paint
> still denying it

Must be weird living outside of reality
>>
>>6318008
>Neither would magically make it blue.

I see you have no idea how lighting works at all. That's not surprising.
>>
>>6318013
Lighting doesn't suddenly create colors that aren't there and isn't relevant anyway since it's clearly visible anyway in multiple pictures from multiple sources with different lightning anyway.

You're blind.
>>
Who cares, all the Godzillas looks shit. Go to Kaiju General or something.

Now we can talk about something good, like the Aliens and Predators or other NECA stuff?
>>
>>6318023
>Lighting doesn't suddenly create colors that aren't there

That's exactly what lighting can do nimrod. Learn some color theory, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>6318030
You must live in the dark if you can't see the colors in front of you. No need to lash out at others just because you just learned you're disabled.
>>
>>6318033
>all this projecting
>>
>>6317890
That's not how daltonism works
>>
>>6315533
I just wish NECA would've changed the wrist blades.
The removable blades of the AVP Predators are far better and even if they break they're made of thicker plastic that makes them easy to fix.
The thin blades of Jungle Hunter and City Hunter just feel like an accident waiting to happen for me.
>>
>>6318035
It's not projection at all. There's clear proof in this thread and you're denying it. So either you're disabled or trolling, but either way retarded. Sad.
>>
>>6318044

Except you were proven wrong when someone who actually owned the toy posted their pics here: >>6317794 >>6317797

So you're an idiot plain and simple.
>>
>>6317794
>those are some shitty photos.
>posts a shittier photo

Wew
>>
>>6318047
> only the poorly lit photos that support my argument are valid
>>
>>6318053

You mean like your piss poor overexposed photos that aren't even yours? Mhmm, yeah, you don't have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>6318048
>thinks that's a shitty photo

Maybe you do need to get your eyes looked at, bro.
>>
>>6318054
> who took the photo is relevant

You're a delusional weirdo, please die
>>
>>6318060
do you have the figure?
>>
>>6318060
Well considering they took the photo in poor lighting, which is a matter at hand, which leads to your delusions of color in general, yes, it is.
>>
>>6318062
Why would I buy a blue Godzilla? I held it in my hands and passed.
>>
>>6318063
It's about as well lit as pictures get. You think otherwise because it accurately shows how terrible it is.
>>
>>6318064
>>6318067
>because it accurately shows how terrible it is.

And there we have it boys and girls! The troll shows his true colors. It was never about the true color, it was all about fighting for the sake of fighting.
>>
>>6318076
Now that's projection
>>
File: (you).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
(you).jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6318077
>>
>>6318079
NECA Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon line when?
>>
File: IMG_6444.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_6444.jpg
1B, 486x500px
> people think ToyArk photos are bad

Now I've seen everything.
>>
>>6318126

I hope you don't think that's blue. Because that's not blue.
>>
Did these ever come out?
Is my lil bud ded?
>>
>>6318200
I've seen the regular sackboy in stores, but none of the variants.
>>
>>6318212
Yeah, it looks like they were shown off at the 2015 fair, and then nothing. Such a shame.
>>
>>6318138
There's clearly blue paint in that photo
>>
File: ncg542.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ncg542.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6318227
Just like it's in this photo too

They put blue paint on it. This isn't a debate.
>>
>>6317797
Lol there's even blue in this one too
>>
>>6318235
>>6318227
i'm facinated from seeying you guy's ability to shit all over a thread instead of just going to twitter and asking "Hey Randy, some of these pics make zilla look like it has some blue in it, does it?"

Hell, you guys can't even post a time stamped pic of your own zilla under white light to prove your point, fucking faggots, all of you.
>>
>>6313204
Something about their skin makes me think of pre-cooked turkey.
>>
>>6318235

It's more of a greyish blue tint, I'd say. This was clearly to mimic the look of the original film. I think it achieves that look just fine, though I kind of wish they didn't paint the mouth grey as well. It looks weird next to all my other Zillas which are in color.
>>
>>6317217
>>6318245

lol there's a blue drybrush to it to try to give to a grey look like >>6318250 said. Like how a cat can be "blue," but they're not.
>>
On another note.... I panel lined my Striker, and it looks much better.
>>
>>6318261
Cool, can you show it in a few poses? That does look rather nice.
>>
>>6318138
What if its actually just a gray hue that looks blue because of the colors around it?

Ya know. Simultaneous contrast?

Just a thought. I don't care if it is or isn't.
>>
>>6318245
Why would anyone ever ask about something they can see right in front of them with their eyes?

>>6318279
It's not. It's paint.
>>
>>6318296
because you faggots clearly are having trouble to convince the other faggot, but instead of going for a solution you just shitpost.
>>
>>6318268
Not quite done, but heres a few.
>>
>>6318308
>>
>>6318296
I know it's paint ya dum dum. And it most likely is a blue paint...but I was just proposing an alternate idea.

I'm saying that the hue of that paint could be affected by the colors around it. Simultaneous contrast. It's one of the first things taught in most art classes.
>>
>>6318375
Why would you propose an alternate idea when you claim to know the truth?
>>
>>6317300
>>6317304
>>6317797
>>6317808
>>6318126
>>6318235

I don't care if you fucking godzilla is grey and gold or blue and black just stop all this right now!
>>
>>6317937
There's Lord and/or Dark from the AVP2010 game

There's also the arcade AVP Preds, who are basically just Jungle and City Hunter repaints, plus the dope blue Mad Predator. They could expand on his design a little bit and reuse Bad Blood's head.

Plus those Batman/Superman vs Predators look really really cool!
>>
>>6318456
yeah this sums it up pretty well
>>
>>6318308
Honestly, I think it's a little too busy. Maybe going with a more subtle color, like a medium grey, might have been a better idea.
>>
>>6318463
Are those confirmed in any way?
I want Dark and Lord so much.
>>
>>6318235
>They put blue paint on it. This isn't a debate.

Except you're wrong. It's not blue at all, and you keep trying to push that because you're mad you skipped on the figure.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170508-084107.jpg (515KB, 1047x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508-084107.jpg
515KB, 1047x1158px
>>6318669
>>
>>6318261
looks amazing, too bad neca cant take the time to do that themselves.
>>
>>6318798

That's still not saying he's blue, dimwit. You fags are trying to make it out like the figure is irrevocably blue tainted and somehow a bad figure because of that.

You're wrong on both points, and it's pathetic that you'd even try to keep arguing this.
>>
>>6318941
>You fags are trying to make it out like the figure is irrevocably blue tainted and somehow a bad figure because of that.

Literally nobody has done anything close to that. As usual, you're overreacting and defensive over valid criticism.
>>
>>6303525
Bad casting.
>>
>>6303580

Nips don't know what cheese is. Seriously.
>>
>>6318981
>valid criticism
The OP for bluezilla claimed that he passed on it because it was too blue tinted for his liking. There's no criticism at all with his statement. It's all just his subjective opinion. Regardless of the color scheme, it's a great figure. I wish they'd do a 'color' repaint instead of going for the black & white film look. Easy money.
>>
>>6318981
Valid criticism? You can eat me, you delusional knob. Where is there valid critism in saying something is blue when it's not?

Saying the figure is blue and then >>6318067 is not valid. It's not correct information and it's not said to be correct. It's shitposting.
>>
>>6318995
> the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes.

A subjective opinion is literally criticism

>>6318997

You don't get to call people delusional when you're repeatedly denying the presence of blue paint on a toy with blue paint.
>>
>>6319038
Wrong fucker, you're saying the toy is blue. It's gray. You don't get to move goalposts and claim a victory when you've been proven wrong by people that actually own the toy.
>>
>>6318463
While i agree that those will indeed be really cool (and i will be getting Batman vs Predator, but mainly for the Armored Sonar Batman) i'm just not sure if i need them so bad in my collection, i don't know, i guess i just want to wrap up my clan so that i only get the occasional Pred and can focus a bit more on other lines/hobbies.
>>
>>6319043
> moving goalposts

This all started when >>6317217 said there was no blue

>There's something very wrong with your eyes if you thought there was ANY blue at all on that figure.

There's blue paint on it. Period. The end.
>>
>>6318540
Randy has basically said he is coming.
>>
>>6319088
There's not faggot. It's a gray and light gray paint. Quit being a fucktard. Period. The end.
>>
>>6319088
>>6319169
The fact that neither of you are willing to do as >>6318245 suggested and just take a pic of it under white light makes me wonder why do you even bother with the debate, it's like you're fighting for the sake of fighting.
>>
>>6319181
Maybe I've just missed it but the NECA twitter doesn't seem to be as active and responsive as it used to be
>>
>>6319088
Look at this splitting hairs motherfucker. Wow! Are you really serious right now?
You are sad, you know that?

The point was the moronanon claiming the figure is blue and not wanting it because of that. It's not blue at all, it's gray. That's the reality. And you and your cronies posted shitty pics trying prove something that wasn't true. Then someone that owns the figure BTFOs you shits, and you STILL can't handle it.

You cannot handle being wrong, so you'll take the most off-color fucking hint of quote "bluish gray" as a win? For God's great glory, please kill yourself. Nobody should be this weak minded. Ever.
>>
>>6318261
That looks pretty good, I might do that to mine...
>>
>>6319193
You just threw a fit over a toy on the internet and you think other people are weak minded?
>>
> thread full of people who can't process the color blue

That's sad. You're missing out on so much.
>>
This whole situation reminds me of the GMK shitposting
>He's green!
>not he's not
>yes he is
>no he's not
>His face sculpt is shit!
>no it's not
>yes it is
>no it's not
>It's inaccurate to the movie!
>no it's not
>yes it is
>no it's not
>>
> thread start as a possible new NECA GENERAL, a bunch of faggots cry about the color of a fucking Godzilla and finish in KAIJU GENERAL 2.0

Fuck!
>>
>>6319210
>posts picture of the figure
>it's clearly gray
>says it's blue

I feel like this is some Trump supporter logic you have here...
>>
>>6319279
Calibrate your monitor or accept that your eyes are broken.
>>
>>6319287
I hope you're talking to yourself, otherwise you've got some big problems to work out.
>>
>>6319279
but Hillary says it's blue.
>>
>>6319294
...Someone would have problems to work out if they were talking to themself
>>
File: ag.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ag.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6319239
But is green and isn't movie accurate.
>>
File: 20170508_153121.png (1B, 486x500px)
20170508_153121.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6319279
If it was grey, it wouldn't show up as even clearer blue with a saturation boost

Compare the two if you have too, but this really shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>>6319300
Wait, people actually said this wasn't green? There's definitely some fucked up eyes or trolling happening here if someone's consistently denying that these are painted with colored highlights.
>>
>>6319302
I just see a grey figure.
>>
>>6319302
Look, I'll even do it for you. The only difference here is saturation. It's blue. This is insane.
>>
>>6319306
If you're not being a jokester, you either need to check your screen settings or your sight.

If you're trolling, well then shucks I guess you got me.
>>
File: kawaii.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
kawaii.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Is just me or Godzilla 1995 is fucking beautiful?
>>
>>6319318
It's an ugly figure.
>>
>>6319318
just as shitty as their attempt at shin
>>
>>6319310
>>6319302

I love that you're resorting to doctoring the photo now just to shitpost. Jesus.
>>
>>6319310
It's a bluish grey since it's meant to be black and white but in some pictures it can look bluer than grey. But if you've ever seen black and white movies you know what shade of grey they were going for.
>>
File: shin.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
shin.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6319331
How dare you, this is the most perfect godzilla in the line.
>>
>>6319331
>>6319357

Kaiju general trolls are the saddest bunch.
>>
>>6319310
So now you're faking the photos to suit your narrative? Fucking ridiculous. You really are a shitposter.
>>
>>6319336
>>6319363

I'm boosting the saturation to further illustrate what's already visible in EVERY picture of this toy in the thread. It doesn't need it to see that it's got blue highlights unless you're incapable of seeing colors.
>>
>>6319359
Then say why Shin is good, the sculpt obviously isn't.
>>
Believe or not I really want this figure, that head is gorgeous!
>>
>>6319396
The sculpt is very good. You're not going to agree because you're only in this thread to shitpost. Don't be so damn transparent.
>>
>>6319382
>it's got blue highlights

Hey cool bro! That doesn't make the figure blue. Unless you look at a figure and say it's "this color" because it has a hint of another. A silver robot isn't a black robot because it has a black wash. See, if you'd stop moving those goalposts and embarrassing yourself, people would lay off already.
>>
>>6319396
>this obvious bait
>>
File: shin godzilla.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
shin godzilla.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6319407
>>6319415
If you two thinks that shitty figure looks like this, both are full retarded
>>
>>6319409
I'm not moving goalposts at all, dipshit. I've said "it had blue paint on it" multiple times in response to people saying it has none. Suck all of my dick.
>>
>>6319452

Go back to your containment thread, shitbag.
>>
File: logo.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
logo.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6319481
I'm search and don't found the "contanment thread" where is it? sweetie.
>>
>>6319503
>that engrish

Well you're either retarded or foreign, not that there's much of a difference.
>>
>>6319522
like you, right?
>>
>>6319526

Sorry, that doesn't work when you've already shown you're too stupid to form proper sentences.
>>
>>6319534
>Sorry, that doesn't work when you've already shown you're too stupid to form proper sentences.

Really makes me think.
>>
Kaiju fags sure are autistic
>>
File: Untitled3.png (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled3.png
1B, 486x500px
Stupid question. Does this tube on the Jungle Hunter pop in and out of the shoulder pad? I've seen one video where the guy said it broke but I've seen others where it's detached and they don't seem to mention it.
>>
>>6319723

It's normally glued in place, but it can pop out if you pull on it or move the articulation too much. It's a minor thing that you can fix or leave undone if you like the range of motion.
>>
www.ebay.com/itm/NECA-Devil-May-Cry-NEW-Ultimate-Dante-7-Action-Figure-CAPCOM-Player-Select-/252846034730

What are my odds on getting burned by this? Obviously it's a bootleg, but the bootleg TMNT figures I have are pretty fantastic. Are NECA figures blessed with quality bootlegs or are the TMNT figures a total fluke?
>>
Any word on the neca blade runner line they announced?
>>
File: Blade runner comic_noir_02.jpg (124KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Blade runner comic_noir_02.jpg
124KB, 640x960px
>>6320028
This
>>
>>6319750
So you would be able to put it back no problem?
>>
>>6319357
> most perfect godzilla in the line.

ahahhahahaha
>>
>>6318540
Randy has said he wants to, but what's most likely is we'll just get Dark with an optional Lord mask (that you can probably put on AVP Elder anyway).
>>
>>6320221
No, if you want it back on you need to glue it
>>
>>6320325
Fuck off back to /b/
>>
File: Charge.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Charge.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Awesome figure, doesn't matter what the trolls say.
>>
>Deacon is over $100 in 2nd hand market
>Will you guys ever re-release the Deacon?
>"The audience isn't there because these human characters no one asked for aren't selling"
NECA logic baffles me every time
>>
>>6320629

Scarcity doesn't mean it sells retard. Check your own logic.
>>
>>6320629
I haven't seen any spoilers for the movie, but I expect another Deacon to pop out, so maybe they're saving it for a new release?
>>
File: Untitled4.png (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled4.png
1B, 486x500px
Now we finally know who to blame
>>
>>6320719
Deacon is all but confirmed to not show up, it's all Xeno and Neomorph
>>
>>6320750
Pretty sure we've known this since shortly after Fury Road came out
>>
>>6320612
why does the red on his leg look like smudged crayola?
>>
>>6319189
Randy said he has been super busy lately. Im hoping for something crazy for sdcc.
>>
>>6320807

Because it doesn't.
>>
So I'm watching alien resurrection and I'm wondering is the only difference between the xenos in this one and the avp movies is that they have digitigrade legs?

Other then that it's dome heads, finned tails, no middle back spike, four fingered hands
>>
>>6321268
At that point they were being built for mobility. Also same SFX company.
>>
>>6321268
They were brown and had weird fin like things on their forearms
>>
>>6321474
Hard to tell if they were brown between the lighting and the copious amounts of goop on them it made them look jet black
>>
File: C_e9PipXoAEHN7j.jpg (54KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C_e9PipXoAEHN7j.jpg
54KB, 1200x800px
Looks like we're getting Machiko.
>>
File: C_fAh6KXoAIAPUG.jpg (96KB, 780x419px) Image search: [Google]
C_fAh6KXoAIAPUG.jpg
96KB, 780x419px
>>6322166
>>
>>6322169
Yes, pls.
>>
>>6320750
I wonder what the logic is behind that. Does he think that toys and merchandise cheapen the brand, or something? You can't make awesome toyetic cars and a villain that looks like he came of an 80s cartoon and not actually makes toys of them.
>>
>>6322166
>>6322169
I swear to fuck if they do an unmasked head they'd better not give us another white woman like Hot Toys did.

>>6322185
>Does he think that toys and merchandise cheapen the brand, or something?
Very possible. And given that Miller's like 70 years old, he has very likely seen what happened with movie merchandising throughout the 80s and 90s. Remember R-rated movies like Terminator 2 getting kid-friendly, action feature-laden toylines? I posit a theory that Miller maybe isn't quite up on the modern toy scene and what Hot Toys/NECA are doing, and therefore doesn't want to let his brand fall prey to what he perceives as a childish dumbing down of it.
>>
>>6322192
>Remember R-rated movies like Terminator 2 getting kid-friendly, action feature-laden toylines?
I remember Kenner Aliens. And they were fucking awesome.
>>
>>6322192
That theory seems very possible
>>
Has NECA released a generic predator yet? All the other ones seem to be from the comics or movies. I don't like collecting "named/unique" characters I just want to do some armybuildan like with the xenos.
>>
>>6322185
>You can't make awesome toyetic cars and a villain that looks like he came of an 80s cartoon and not actually makes toys of them.
Tell that to Alan Moore, who insists his life work has been cultural poison.
>>
>>6322789
The one in this 2-pack seems pretty generic.
>>
>>6322789
AvP ancient warrior seems pretty generic and only shows up for a few seconds in the movie.
>>
>>6322851
Thats like 60 bucks.
>>6322789
Youngblood Predator is what you want. He just came out, upgraded body, and is pretty generic compared to others and is a likely shelf warmer. You can customize his wristblades on either side too.
>>
>>6323733
>Thats like 60 bucks.
$44 on TRU.
>>
>>6323750
Yeah but still. He can get 2 Youngbloods unless he wants kenner big chaps too. Plus the AvP body is better.
>>
Guys, just watched Alien Covenant.
No spoilers, but the creature pack will probably be amazing.
The movie is really something else compared to Prometheus, definitely check it out.
>>
>>6323845
>The movie is really something else compared to Prometheus, definitely check it out

R-really?
>>
>>6323864
Absolutely.
It's a good sequel to Prometheus, a good prequel to Alien and even a good movie by itself. Also the designs are really good, I wish I could get a model of the Covenant spaceship.
>>
>>6323868
Anything about the deacon?
>>
>>6323845
If I hated Prometheus, even more than Aliens vs Predator: Requiem, will I like this movie?
>>
>>6324279
he probably will be in the prequel of Covenant and sequel of Prometheus (I know, sound like shit bait, but Ridley talk about that in a interview).
>>
>>6324279
As I suspected, a new creature similar to the Deacon appeared, and I liked the design a lot more.
>>6324340
That's not a easy question, because the movie inherited a couple of the defects found in Prometheus. Still, it's much more captivating in terms of story and fiction, so in my opinion you might like it.
>>
>>6324514
Does the movie suck David's robo cock as hard as it looks in the previews?
Does he stand around expounding on the already overbearing metaphors in the movie again?
>>
>>6324532
You have no idea of how much.
Still, not in the way you might think: I'm not a fan of David, but the focus he gets is 100% justified by the story, so I didn't find it forced or Mary Sue-y.
>>
>>6324550
This is a spoiler question, but it will determine if I see the movie:
DID HE INVENT THE GODDAMN XENOMORPHS?
>>
>>6323845
>The movie is really something else

Yeah, it's called "garbage"
>>
>>6324554
>DID HE INVENT THE GODDAMN XENOMORPHS?

Yes, he did. He's experimenting the whole time.
>>
>>6324554
SPOILER AHEAD, I'll try creating a pastebin to recap what I think happened.
https://pastebin.com/kuNRxquA
>>
>>6300139
Fuck the ugly new Xenomorph, where are those Neomorph bastards
>>
>>6324834
THIS

Neomorph >new Xenomoph
>>
>>6324554
>>6324602
Wasn't there a mural in the black goo room in Prometheus depicting xenomorphs? You know, implying that they already existed?
>>
>>6324994
If you look closely it has a pointed head, like a Deacon or a Neomorph
>>
Coming in September apparently!
>>
>>6325017
>>
>>6325017
My brain damage prevents me to recognize the blue thingy in top right.
Is the light that Bishop uses to crawl in the underground pipe?
>>
So wtf is OP? Is it a protomorph or a xenomorph?
>>
>>6325020
>>6325017
>aliens
>s
Gross.
>>
>>6325112
both
>>
>>6325017
>>6325020
OMG, I don't need this.
>>
>>6324602
>>6324635
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>6325065

Yeah, it's the flashlights they use.
>>
>>6324994

Ridley Scott doesn't care. He hates the franchise and wants to ruin it as much as he can.
>>
>>6325158
Well, yeah. You generally don't need toys.
>>
>>6325017
The muzzle burst on the rifle looks absolutely horrid. The flame looks kind of okay though.
>>
>>6325017
Im mostly excited about the helmet, now I won't need to botch Hick's head to get his.
>>
>>6325275
I know, but sometimes a weird guy forces me to buy toys.
>>
>>6325270
Actually I talk with him and he say he loved the franchise, but he knows that you watch those movies and then he has to do all those incongruities becauses he hate you a lot.
>>
Seeing covenant yesterday actually made me want the figures, some cool designs for toys in there.
>>
>>6327226

Yeah, too bad about the rest of the film, though.
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.