[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /toy/, I'm trying to identify a figure I had as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: RevoltechTrollface2.jpg (153KB, 710x609px) Image search: [Google]
RevoltechTrollface2.jpg
153KB, 710x609px
Alright /toy/, I'm trying to identify a figure I had as a kid in the 80's. You guys are the pros at this kind of stuff, and I also no longer own the toy itself, so I can't provide a picture. I believe the figure was some kind of Japanese toy, maybe a property that got brought over to the US since thats where I live.

The figure was molded wearing some kind of space pilot-ey semi-armored looking suit, with absolutely MASSIVE boots. It was mostly light grey, maybe blue-ish grey colored from what I remember, and it had a translucent yellow face shield that could raise up. The head had some grey(?) hair you could see under his helmet, but the helmet wasn't removeable. It reminded me of some kind of mecha pilot's suit. It had blue(?) round things on these giant boots that for some reason were springy, I suspect possibly because it was meant to clip into something.

Pic is unrelated, I just needed an image to start the thread.
>>
>>6297490

Oh, and I remember the figure definitely being on the larger side. Maybe as much as 8-10 inches tall, and definitely at least 6 inches.
>>
>>6297490
>I just needed an image to start the thread.
it'd be easier to help you if you drew what you remembered it looked like. Not to mention more fun...
>>
>>6297497

Uh...I'll see if I can do that.
>>
File: TheMysteryFigure.jpg (1MB, 1079x1349px) Image search: [Google]
TheMysteryFigure.jpg
1MB, 1079x1349px
>>6297497

Here we go, a quick POS drawing from my fuzzy memory.
>>
>>6297512

Oh, and it definitely had decent articulation. I remember elbows, shoulders, knees, and head could all move.
>>
>>6297517

Oh, and it could move the legs at the hips too. So basically, a pretty good bit of articulation for a figure of that time, given most figures I remember from then (He-Man and the like) only had like, very basic 5 points of articulation sorta stuff.
>>
>>6297522
Possibly a Megaman X figure or model kit?
>>
>>6297512
That's a pretty nifty drawing.
Sadly, I have no idea but this will definitely help people who know more than I do. Good luck!
>>
>>6297523

Definitely not a Megaman figure of any kind, I know that much. Megaman X didn't even exist at the time I had this, either. It also couldn't have been a model kit.
>>
Is it henshin robo mospeada? Sorry I don't have any image with me. Maybe do a Google image search and see for yourself.
>>
File: HenshinRoboMospedia.jpg (72KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
HenshinRoboMospedia.jpg
72KB, 736x552px
>>6297790

It is, holy shit. Thanks! I never would've guessed at or found this thing.
>>
>>
>>6297861

Yep, that was it. I totally do not remember ever having a motorcycle with him though. I wonder if my parents just got him for me loose at a flea market or something.
>>
I love these threads
>>
>>6297856
Awesome. Glad that I could help. Someone here once helped me identifying a toy. Just paying it forward.
>>
>>6297862
That's how a lot of those ended up.
A buddy of mine was able to get a complete set by picking up loose parts at fleamarkets and thrift shops.
>>
>>6297893

It was a really good figure too. Stuck with me for a long time. Only ended up losing it when I had to chuck a bunch of stuff during a move.
>>
>>6297861
Mecha Clockwork Orange?
>>
It's Buzz lightyear!
>>
I swear to god that sometimes I think it is just one autist making a thread asking for some obscure shit giving minimal clues and then replying to himself with the answer.

Bravo /toy/.
>>
File: 1487355885693s.jpg (6KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1487355885693s.jpg
6KB, 250x247px
>>6298584
I've only ever seen one figure that /toy/ has failed to identify (pic related- someone posted it a while back). Pretty impressive.
>>
>>6299182
That's actually been posted here several times by the same anon. I tried to find what the fuck it is several times to no avail.
>>
>>6299214
Same here. It's really piqued my curiosity.
>>
>>6299182
I remember seeing this in a store, some kind of learning/kid centered toy store that usually sold science toys and playmobil and wooden trucks and shit. Never got it of course, but I know I saw it as a lad.
>>
Threads like this makes me wish we had a toypedia. If I had the money and time I would consider attempting it but there's just so much to catalog.
>>
>>6299182
Seems more like a very young child's toy.
>>
>>6299986
I know the feels, unfortunately the few times I seen a broad catalogue it never gets the ob one, there is just so many companies and categories of toys that a broad one becomes unorganized. A decent wiki could fix that obviously, but still may not be comprehensive enough.

The best catalogues I seen where the more dedicated ones, like to a specific toy line or to a type of toy. Sadly a lot of those are vanishing, for example a really great one was SpectrumisGreeen that focused entirely on the pocket playsets of the 90s like Mighty Max. He catalogued just about everything imaginable including prototypes that never released. But sadly site died about a year or to ago, removing a comprehensive overview of a pretty big fad at the time.

I wish I could help and try to setup a big project pulling in a large number of those cataloguers together to help branch out their areas of interest on a wiki. But sadly I have never been able to handle the stress of projects that big.
>>
>>6298584
For certain that is no the case, I helped a couple times.
>>
>>6299182

As a child I saw loads of toys from totally unidentified lines (usually they had somehow drifted from Japan or even further away to be cast up on the beach of jumble sales in 70s/80s London) and wondered what exciting adventures they were part of.

Cue being adult and the internet, and trying to find out what all those incomplete, nameless wonders actually were. This little animal, though, makes me think that some mysteries will forever remain unsolved. I don't know if that is a good thing, or a melancholy one.
>>
Venom shipped, yay
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.