[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I couldn't find the Mezco ONE thread. What do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: 9c3101c752a4575d3a7566ff45179008.jpg (323KB, 1544x800px) Image search: [Google]
9c3101c752a4575d3a7566ff45179008.jpg
323KB, 1544x800px
I couldn't find the Mezco ONE thread.

What do you think on making a Mezco 1:12 of the good Doc?

Seriously, guys.

>leather cape
>leather holster
>plastic pistol
>set of hands
>base
>>
>>6296422
leather is gonna age like shit, dawg
>>
>>6296422
Mezco would make a fantastic Dr. Doom i hope they end up doing him
>>
I want to see mezco make some movie versions of marvel characters, especially deadpool
>>
>>6296422
Not down for a leather cape, but I'd buy a Dr doom from them for sure.

I wish they'd get with the program on wired capes.
>>
>>6296422
I don't even like Doom, nor have I ever read any comics with him, but holy shit this looks good. I want it.
>>
Don't know why you'd want the cape to be leather, but I'd buy a One:12 Doom if it ended up being one they didn't put their own unnecessary touches on. Most of their Marvel figures so far haven't really done it for me.
>>
>>6296422
>leather
thanks for the laugh
>>
Seeing how Marvel has shelved the Fantastic Four and related merchandise, I don't see how Mezco could go about creating a Doctor Doom figure. The fiasco with Marvel and Fox may slim the chances of a figure. Marvel Legends did produce an Invisible Woman figure, despite it being a store exclusive and not main stream. If they did do a Doom figure, the face is very important.
>>
>>6296422
suede leather isn't Ideal but it would like nice if you don't fuck around with it.
>>
>>6298083
You do know that is a 3D render by Blur right?
>>
>>6298111
In addition to the Invisible Woman, there's also the Namor exclusive, and we were shown a new Human Torch at Toyfair. So it's safe to assume the Fantastic Four are no longer embargoed. Just don't expect them to be getting their own dedicated wave or anything any time soon.
>>
>>6298111
>>6298210
>they think the embargo was real and not just a conspiracy theory that had loads of examples that proved it wrong
>>
>>6298214
>the literal years of no x-men/fantastic four 6" legends figures and statues people were forced to cancel and other such merch having missing x-men and f4 characters was just a coincidence!
sure my dude
>>
>>6298232
only movie toys are missing

REgular XMEn and FF toys keep on being made.

Pic of what was released for the second Wolverine movie.
No royalties went to Fox in the production and release of these figures.
>>
>>6298278
You're right the three year gap between any new X-Men Marvel Legends being made was just a coincidence and this 5poa garbage proves it

X-Men and Fantastic Four characters being removed from stuff like the classic Secret Wars cover on T shirts was totally just a thing that happened somehow there was no agenda behind it it was just a goof
>>
>>6298232
>>6298521
>DST Jackman Wolverine from a movie that was released well into supposed embargo
>DST Lawrence Mystique figure that she herself disapproved of and cancelled as flatly stated by DST employee
>b-but those d-don't count because _____!
>>
>>6298123
Based on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1.
>>
>>6298654
Okay man you keep on believing there was never an attempt to remove the X-Men from certain merch, despite the clear evidence

You do you
>>
File: mabel.png (232KB, 698x640px) Image search: [Google]
mabel.png
232KB, 698x640px
>>6296422
>no figure worthy of doom
>>
>>6296427
Live for the now
>>
>>6296422
Mezco can't do Fantastic 4

They've said it multiple times.
>>
>>6296422
preorder where
>>
>>6298232
>>6298654
>>6298878
>reps from DST and Hasbro have refuted the embargo countless times in interviews

There was no embargo.
>>
File: carls jrs toys.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
carls jrs toys.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>6298654
>implying actors have any say in action figures using their likeness in 99.99999% of action movies
Just so you know, Fox could sue Marvel/Hasbro for cockblocking them from merch being made... overtly. So they make any shit up to prevent it, like pretending an actress has any say.

And the reason Wolverine was made and not Mystique is likely because Wolverine already had a bazillion units made and had retailer orders, so they're not cancelling that shit just ot get on Marvel's good side. Mystique was easy to cancel because only a prototype was made.

pic of how Marvel can't totally cockblock them like they do with Diamond and Hasbro.
>>
File: necapool_1.jpg (324KB, 800x1237px) Image search: [Google]
necapool_1.jpg
324KB, 800x1237px
>>6299606
>there's totally no embargo, despite the fact that movie merch has many times more orders than normal shit. We don't like money!
>Marvel totally isn't cockblocking Fox from us making movie toys and paying Fox royalties by using their designs.
>We just totally just don't have enough time because our schedules are soooo busy and these movie-character-inspired waves using comic costumes instead are just a huge coincidence that they come out at around the time the Fox movies come out
You're the gullible fuck who believes it when your totally honest GF is just too busy to go out with you because she's washing her hair all weekend long.

Check out this NECA Deadpool which totally wasn't supposed to be based on a movie design to capitalize on the movie. It totally fits in with the rest of their 1/4 scale line that have been movie only characters!....
>>
>>6299624
>So they make any shit up to prevent it
Sorta like how you you make up shit and append words such as
>likely because
to prevent the requirement of facts and evidence to back up what you're saying? Anyone can push forward a bunch of supposition, but it takes someone with truth and facts on their side to put forth a solid no-frills argument. Jackman Wolverine was made. Mystique was tooled up, and the company flat out said that it was Lawrence that said no.

If a company just made up shit about an actress being difficult, you don't think that they could find themselves in trouble? They would throw an Oscar-winning actress with hundreds of millions of dollars to her name under the bus over a prototype sculpt that probably cost them less than $5000 in total costs at that point? Are you fucking retarded? Answer that point directly, how it would make sense that they would shit on Jennifer Lawrence in a flat out lie to save face.

And are you saying that a 20 year old company with over 15 years of experience making Select figures hand-in-hand with Marvel would be so stupid and inept that they would spend thousands of dollars gearing up a prototype, presenting it to the public, and creating press releases, without realizing that Marvel had apparently (according to you) been saying "no" for years on end during the supposed embargo drought? Answer that one directly, too.

I mean, Jesus, if you can tackle any one of those points without looking like a tinfoil hat retard nutball, I'll be impressed. But chances are you'll just say "but muh t-shirts" and think that it's a job well done.
>>
>>6299641
They made a video game Batman in 1/4 scale, you dumbfuck. Congrats on stepping on your own landmine. Thanks for informing us that you also think DC embargoed Batman somehow.
>>
>>6299648
>my girlfriend is the most honest person in the world and i have no reason to doubt it when she tells me that washing her hair is a two day process
Just so you know, toy companies ignore actors comments about toys all the time. They don't need their approval, because that's how licenses work.
So Jennifer Lawrence saying she didn't like the action figure isn't throwing her under the bus, because she probably did say she didn't like it and that's the excuse they give to in public.
Same way that Hasbro totally couldn't produce the Days of Future Past movie line because they were too busy making the XMen wave.
Again, they have to be honest with proofs for Fox or lawsuits can happen.

>>6299653
You mean a video game that sold a couple millions of copies per game per console?
No way is that mass market worthy that generates tons of hype and popularity like a movie! It's totally more like a comic that sells 60,000 units!
>>
>>6299665
>because she probably did say
>probably
That sums up your entire post. It's nothing but bullshit supposition, whereas the evidence against the existence of an embargo is concrete. Toys were released. Toys were tooled up. It happened. It's happening now. There was never a clear period where it wasn't happening.

The second that you admitted that the Jackman Wolverine even existed was the exact moment where your whole argument falls to shit, and no amount of words or bullshit mental gymnastics can fix it. The only thing you can do is go into the next post with another round of "probably" or "likely."
>>
File: XMen-Wave-Official-Group-Shot.jpg (92KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
XMen-Wave-Official-Group-Shot.jpg
92KB, 752x564px
>>6299671
>my girlfriend only had that guy over because she had trouble lifting a box up all night long and she didn't want to bother me, because she knew i had work the next morning
So knowing the fact that toy makers dont need anyone's approval to make a toy of actors but the license that comes with 99.9999% of action/kid movies isn't proof that Diamond wasn't bullshitting that they cancelled a toy meant for a Fox movie, that also didn't get any mass market toys made, nor have any Fox movies since, because the actress didn't aprove of its likeness. Instead of going back to revise it, they just cancelled it flat out.... because.

Yep, your girlfriend is totally faithful to you.

Have an XMen wave that coincided with the Apocalypse movie, which totally isn't because Fox is being cockblocked.
>>
>>6299678
Jackman Wolverine.

Disprove its existence.

Or say "I know for a matter of personal fact and without any innuendo or supposition that the reason that it exists is..."
>>
>>6299688
>muh gf exists
that doesn't change the fact that Hasbro, Diamond, etc haven't been returning Fox's phone calls because they're too busy washing their hair

Have a Fantastic Four box set that came out after the Fox embargo you don't believe in started.
Notice anything about it? It shares a certain trait that that XMen wave has.
>>
File: A toy worthy of Doom.jpg (190KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
A toy worthy of Doom.jpg
190KB, 791x1200px
>>6296422
I just want this one.

It'll be the only toy I'll ever buy that is remotely related to Iron Man, except maybe if Sentinel does the Superior Iron Man armor.
>>
>>6299727
who the fuck is herbie
>>
What ONE:12 figures do you guys have in your collection?
I have DKR Bats (Black and Light Blue), Joker, Dredd, Punisher Exclusive, Spock, Sulu, and Kirk.
Looking to pick up Regular Punisher, Daredevil, and Frankenstein.
I want to like the Spiderman but it looks off to me. Popeye is a maybe.
>>
File: Thing Goatseing HERBIE.jpg (70KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
Thing Goatseing HERBIE.jpg
70KB, 640x470px
>>6307125
I like how kids from the 60s-90s will recognize the character but not Generation Y kids.

Reruns of shitty shows were watched by kids because we didn't have the internet feed the ADD and only had TV stations with random cartoons when they felt like it.
>>
>>6307126

I have:
black DKR Batman
standard Dredd
SDCC Captain America
red Daredevil
standard Punisher
Joker
BvS Superman
regular BvS Batman

I didn't even like BvS but they honestly make a really good regular Batman and Superman that match more or less with the rest of the line stylistically. DKR Bats is off on his own as a weird outlier since everything else has been kind of realistic.

and then preordered I've got:
GITD Space Ghost
Spider-Man
Deathstroke
Wolverine
Old Man Logan

only ones that I'm not 100% convinced by the designs of honestly are Spider-Man and Wolverine who both look a little off in some of the pics, but I just have them ordered on BBTS so if I change my mind I have plenty of time to cancel.

I'm also REALLY excited for Darkseid whenever preorders go up for that.
>>
>>6307134
nice generalizations. I was asking as a kid from the 80s who watched the original spiderman and hulk cartoons. guess I never caught this particular shitty show.
>>
>>6307126
Red Daredevil
Deluxe and Regular Franks
SDCC Cap and Modern Cap
Flash
Green Arrow

Got preordered:
Classic Supes
Deathstroke
Spidey
Deadpool
Wolverine
Old Man Logan

im all in on this line.
>>
>>6307126
Don't have any. Only ones I've really been at all interested in are the DKR Bats, and I missed the boat on getting either of those for a decent price.
>>
>many people shitr on Mezco
>proceeds to buy a shitty Overpriced Hot Toys toy
talk about ass backwards
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.