[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God damn it, this would have been so much better with cut joints.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

God damn it, this would have been so much better with cut joints. Who are they making all these rubber suit figures for? Does anyone prefer it over a more classic joint setup? Even if it never becomes cracked and ruined, it never ends up looking nicer. Doomguy's arms look like bent garden hoses in all the pics in which he is holding guns or his chainsaw.
>>
>>6294535
>Who are they making all these rubber suit figures for?
People who fall into one of four categories:
1. People who can't stand the sight of visible joints and feel all figures that have them are inferior. Doesn't matter if the rubber bends in unnatural ways or not since they are unlikely to ever actually pose the figure and will probably just have it standing in a neutral pose where it DOES look better. Why they don't just buy statues is beyond me.

2. People who want to brag about their expensive 1/6 collection and who don't really care one way or the other how the joints are handled. Also extremely unlikely to ever pose the figure and will just have them inside a glass case untouched for years.

3. People who get caught up in the concept of concealing joints without actually thinking through whether it's a good idea or not. Probably new to collecting and ignorant to the issues rubber causes both visually and durability wise.

4. People who will buy anything Ashley Wood shits out of his company because they are too heavily invested in it to quit now (see: sunken cost fallacy) or just love the guy too much to admit he makes dumb decisions.
>>
>>6294559
Aside from the handful of diehard 'Legion' shiteaters who think it's their duty to buy everything to show 'support', most people who are/were into ThreeA don't seem to care about the licensed stuff much. At this point most people have moved on and given up hope of Ash ever doing anything original or interesting again when he can just sit back and collect on licensed garbage.
>>
>>6294575
This, despite the rapidly declining community ThreeA is a bigger company than ever. They've just moved on from catering to the indie designer toy crowd and instead focussed on rich asian collectors with more money than taste. They still put out the occasional release like pic related to appease their longtime fans but for the most part they're a completely different company now, the designer/high end toy landscape has changed a lot since the Marvel Cinematic Universe popularised nerdy stuff.
>>
File: faust1.jpg (441KB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
faust1.jpg
441KB, 880x1100px
>>6296415
dropped image
>>
>>6296415
This is painfully accurate. I used to be a diehard ThreeA fan, but Ash just doesn't seem interested in making what us oldtimers want anymore. I mean, we're still here, with money in our wallets, watching, waiting...but instead of cool new bot molds we get endless Paschas and $600 licensed figures.

I haven't bought anything from Bamba in over a year now, and it's been over 6 months since I last bought anything secondhand. Truth be told, I simply can't find what I want for sale anymore. Like someone said in a different thread, a lot of WWR stuff doesn't pop up for sale anymore because it's become clear that Ash isn't really interested in making more, so the collectors are holding their stashes close to their chests.
>>
>>6294535
Oh god this makes me sad. Rubber "oversuits" ruin toys. They look good in precisely one position and that's it, and that's not even mentioning what happens to them over time. I'd have bought this if it had conventional joint tech as well, scale be damned. But the "seamless" suit ruins it for me.

Reminds me of Judge Dredd- both the 1:12/6" scale options have pleather suits which inhibit poseability and will inevitably disintegrate over time.

>tfw Revoltech Doomguy and demons with swappable gore effects never
>>
>>6294535
I'm just happy Doomguy is finally getting a figure.
>>
File: yama+naga.jpg (40KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
yama+naga.jpg
40KB, 500x298px
>>6296739
Fuck, 3A was absolute god tier from 2009 - 2013, really wish I had been around to be buying it then, I got in around late 2013 but then it was still a lot easier to get aftermarket stuff. I still pick up the occasional grail piece or cheap robot here and there but Dario + Faust was my first Bamba purchase since Slicer Yaro. Even if they were kinda shitty I really miss the 3A general we used to have.
>>
>>6294535
When this was first announced, I had no idea it was a shitty rubber suit. I held off on preordering it because I had some surprise medical expenses. I was just about to order it. Glad I saw this thread. Damn, man. I want a good Doomguy.
>>
>>6297500
In all honesty, even with the rubber suit, you're unlikely to ever get a better Doomguy figure. ThreeA's sculpting and paintwork is top notch. If you're a big fan of the suit design I would probably buy it despite the rubber coated arms and just deal with it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.