[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst toy you've ever owned? This Space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: review_phooey_6.jpg (65KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
review_phooey_6.jpg
65KB, 500x728px
What's the worst toy you've ever owned? This Space Ghost was a huge let down for me. I was so excited for a decent looking figure, but it didn't take long for it to start falling apart. The pins slipped right out of the joints and the hips, despite my best efforts of heating them, would not rotate forward. Eventually I just threw it out.
>>
>>6291955
Are you ordering the Mezco?
>>
>>6291960
Nah, his proportions look like dookie.
>>
>>6291955
You threw it out? There's starving kids in Pakistan that would have loved to melt it down and get high on the fumes just to escape their terrible lives for even 10 minutes.
>>
>>6291969
Yep, snapped his legs off and chucked him.
>>
So do most Space Ghost fans know him form Space Ghost Coast to Coast or from the original cartoons? (I haven't seen either)
>>
>>6292042
There's also Cartoon Planet.

Who knows, though. It's 2 generations of fans to consider (maybe 3, if you consider C2C a Gen-X'er show and Planet as a kid's show). I imagine the ones collecting the figures now are the C2C fans. The original cartoon was a nice enough Toth-style show, but it wasn't exactly a stand out (despite years of syndication) so I kind of have my doubts that many hardcore SG fans emerged from that. C2C was different in that it brought actual adult surrealist humor to a cartoon channel of all places, so the following it gained was due to its truly unique factors.
>>
>>6292042
I actually know him from the old cartoons, i remember watching them when i was a wee babbu and they're fun to check out every now and then on youtube and in comics. I like how stupidly HB sci-fi they are.

I've been meaning to see G2C though.
>>
>>6292042
both
re-runs of space ghost back in the early days of Cartoon Network, then when I was alittle older, I watched C2C
>>
>>6292042
>>6292066
They where all on at the same time in the 90's, since pre-97 CN was basically a rerun station.
>>
Doesn't C2C have a figure too?

How's the quality of that one?
>>
>>6292042
I did see the old cartoons, but never saw the ones that featured Brak, Zorak or Moltar. also i still dont think C2C was ever funny
>>
File: DissapointmentTech.jpg (38KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
DissapointmentTech.jpg
38KB, 500x532px
>>6291955
Hands down the Revoltech T rex. Im an avid dino collector and Revoltech has made some great stuff, but this garbage was tough to play with let alone look at. This thing looked and felt like an expensive Mcdonalds toy. Do not let some of the nicer promo pics fool you!
>>
File: portal-bots-pkg.png (440KB, 590x578px) Image search: [Google]
portal-bots-pkg.png
440KB, 590x578px
I guess I have to say this 2 guys.
I collect alot of Neca, and from 40 I may have issues with 5, tinny stuff, non broken.

But this 2 bastards are the wrost, bearly can stand, they broke super easly. and they have special price tag.

The worst I think I ever got.
>>
>>6294352
I remember seeing pegs of these at a local TRU.

All of them were either broken or had some type of quality issue.

I couldn't justify buying one at the cost. The next month they were all gone and I'm just going to assume they were all shipped back to Neca.
>>
>>6294380
and they deserve it.
Alot of the time I will support neca because most of the figures are between 20 or 25 bucks, and some are really great.

But this 2 are the worst tier possible out of Neca.
>>
File: GDS-2976A_01.jpg (53KB, 288x500px) Image search: [Google]
GDS-2976A_01.jpg
53KB, 288x500px
Way too small the metallic joints look ugly and cheap
>>
>>6294397
>Way too small

Well it is 1/18.
>>
>>6292042
the comic is actually really good
>>
>>6292042
Personally, I knew him first from the Bar-B-Que album.
>>
Transformers Prime Airachnid. Got her for £8 on sale because I felt sorry for her. Immediately regretted it. What a piece of junk.
>>
>>6292042
Thanks to Can/old Boomerang, both.
>>
For some reason Figuarts Mario. I can't put down exactly what it was, but the second I opened the toy I just didn't care for it one bit.

It's back in its box, in storage, until I figure out what I want to do with it.
>>
File: mario figuarts.jpg (314KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
mario figuarts.jpg
314KB, 600x800px
>>6299325
> I can't put down exactly what it was
the front butt?
That ugly ass engineering to make his legs go foeward?
The segmented legs like he's wearing blue postertubes over them?
>>
File: evolved pupper.jpg (19KB, 480x488px) Image search: [Google]
evolved pupper.jpg
19KB, 480x488px
>>6299366
-The dumb open mouth expression that makes rotating his head a pain.
-Ugly elbow joints that don't even give a good range of motion
-Arms can't even move outwards so no 3D Mario poses
-All hype of the front butt being an essentially glorified swivel and pointless ball jointed thighs just so accentuate the ugly design of the legs ven further
-Arms are a swivel joints cut at an angle giving him weird hand anatomy when you rotate them
-Advertised as a (((budget))) figure line because they fucked up so hard even they knew they couldn't pass it off as a fully priced figure

Thank god I was able to sell mine before they started clogging store shelves. This entire line was a disaster and this is probably the only chance we'll ever get for an articulated Mario line.
>>
>>6299420
I like how all this can be said now without 500 anons claiming trolling and memes.

When you have posts like this >>6298849
>You know what really pisses me off? All this constant whining on /toy/ may actually get someone to skip these releases (it's happened to me in the past) and they will miss out on GREAT figures.
It really makes these anons are store owners who want to get rid of the stock they're ordering, because after the toy is released there's almost no one to defend obviously flawed toys.
>>
>>6299420
>>6299366
I got mine using points at gamestop, wasn't worth it...
>>
>>6299420
It's still amazing that Jakks could shit out a 10$ Mario and have it be technically on par with the figuart.
The World of Nintendo line is still doing fine for what it is, even if Bandai fucked up royally.
>>
>>6300620
i still think the figuarts' only true fuck up was its limited-range shoulders. all we had before these were the toybiz and Wendy's happy meal toy.
>>
File: IMG_4190.jpg (136KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4190.jpg
136KB, 1600x1200px
>>6300620
>Jakks is actually releasing a closed mouth variant of the Mario figure

At 9.99 I might be tempted to pick one up just to see if I can retro fit it onto the Figuarts. Does anyone know similar these two figures are in scale with one another?
>>
>>6300645
The open mouth and extra hands being in part sets were more damming for me desu. Though some form of butterfly joint would've made all the difference.
>>6300792
Here's a comparison with the wave 1 mario anon, which uses the same body as the one you posted, just with an inferior head and hands. The WoN and SHF are virtually identical scale wise.
You'll have to dremel out a hole for the peg since it should be a swivel on the WoN figure, but it's totally do-able.
I say go for it honestly.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.